PDA

View Full Version : Montreal -Nutralite Post Mortem

Blixa
07-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Rip July 22, 2008.

Bobo
07-22-2008, 08:05 PM
I think we're protesting the wrong thing on Thursday.

zeelaw
07-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Rip July 22, 2008.

yupp

London
07-22-2008, 08:08 PM
it not over yet!!
a win at RSL will bring us back with the pack

Keegan
The season was over when Dichio was injured. You can't win without goals and Ibrahim and Cunningham aren't the answers.

At least Ibrahim has an excuse

Bars92
Cunningham is so shite.

Oblio2
07-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Well, We are out.
Done, finished. It may be considered by some to be a Mickey Mouse Tournament but it's one we wanted to win.
With the players we have, we should have coasted this thing....
We have played like shit for both games against Montreal and Both games against vancouver. We do not deserve to go through.
We lack the quality and the depth. FFS, we had a 16 year old up front, then a defender....not to mention Cunningham.

Anway, today.
I thought a few players did ok (and remember, this is an opinion, don't crucify me!)

Sutton played well, Ricketts too, Robinson....

Edu. Shit. Sophmore slump...
Robert. -What is going on, where are your free kicks????
Cunningham. Please, just fuck off. Quit. leave. You are shit.

Congrats to Montreal, they deserve it.
We don't.

Thoughts?

Oblio2
07-22-2008, 08:11 PM
so fucking shite

TOfan
07-22-2008, 08:11 PM
I thought Robert played great, besides one really bad corner kick. But oh well...very disappointing.

Bobo
07-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Robert MOM.

This team is so fucking slow. Any team that can run will cause us problems. Throw out a bunch of eager teenagers and I guarantee we would struggle.

Montreal doesn't deserve anything, if anyone does its Vancouver.

Lucky Strike
07-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Team played well, just not well enough to score 2 goals. I hate Cunningham.

Oblio2
07-22-2008, 08:14 PM
You know, I was disapointed more with his (Robert)free kicks more than anything, not his full gameplay.

Lucky Strike
07-22-2008, 08:15 PM
For the season to be a success, I had two things in mind: making the playoffs and qualifying for the CCL.

Keegan
You basically contradicted yourself:
"With the players we have, we should have coasted this thing...."
"We lack the quality and the depth. FFS, we had a 16 year old up front, then a defender....not to mention Cunningham."

I agree with you though even with a 16 year old up front we have to win

God basically handed Toronto FC a gift when Ali Gerba was free transferred as he was in TOP FORM and we were in desperate need of a domestic striker.

Why wasn't he signed? God knows.

Good players today:
Wynne(good work with Ro), RICKETTS (amazing game), Robert (yet again), Brennan (nice links with robert), Sutton (saved our ass with minutes left, good quick distribution)

Keegan
Robert MOM.

This team is so fucking slow. Any team that can run will cause us problems. Throw out a bunch of eager teenagers and I guarantee we would struggle.

Montreal deserves it all. They beat Vancouver home AND away easily

Detroit_TFC
07-22-2008, 08:17 PM
It seems that since May we've been regressing. I really thought that Carver was doing all the right things but this is a results-oriented business, and we have really lost the plot. For two months we can't seem to string together 3 passes without turning the ball over.

I'm not ready to throw Carver under the bus but he needs to seriously analyze what is wrong with our team. Yes we need strikers but it's far worse than that. We have some players who are begging to be let go. Their performance says it every time they are on the pitch. I think we all know who those players are, and it isn't anyone who is new this season.

Oblio2
You basically contradicted yourself:
"With the players we have, we should have coasted this thing...."
"We lack the quality and the depth. FFS, we had a 16 year old up front, then a defender....not to mention Cunningham."

I agree with you though even with a 16 year old up front we have to win

God basically handed Toronto FC a gift when Ali Gerba was free transferred as he was in TOP FORM and we were in desperate need of a domestic striker.

Why wasn't he signed? God knows.

Good players today:
Wynne(good work with Ro), RICKETTS (amazing game), Robert (yet again), Brennan (nice links with robert), Sutton (saved our ass with minutes left, good quick distribution)

We do lack the quality and depth BUT we still have, a stronger team on paper than both Montreal and Vancouver.

LucaGol
Thank god for Paul Winsper....we sure as f*ck look waaaay fitter then the USL teams we play against. NOT

F*ckin Montreal Impact....no budget...competed 10 times harder than we did....have real grass....and players who give 2 shits.

Oblio2
I bet West Ham players and the MLS All Stars were laughing their asses off at that pathetic display.

Bobo
07-22-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm getting tired of people defending Sutton. He was crap. Fucked up on the first goal and fucked up again which nearly put TFC out. I could have made that save near the end, the shot was weak.

Jamaicanadian
07-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Fuck man this really sucks................................

ThunderTundra
07-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Sutton was fantastic, our D should never let anyone get into the positioning that they got into on the corner kick. Sutton was doing what he was supposed to, the Defence let him down

Oblio2
07-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Sutton was fantastic, our D should never let anyone get into the positioning that they got into on the corner kick. Sutton was doing what he was supposed to, the Defence let him down

Agreed. The defending was bad on that

e_mcarthur89
07-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Robert and Brennan were 2 of our best players out there tonight IMO. Robert was constantly putting in dangerous balls and Brennan was making great runs all game. Robert's free kicks were somewhat poor though. And Cunny's just gotta get the hell out. Did nothing but give the ball away tonight and couldn't even get the ball over the line from 2 yards out. Don't know how he ever managed to get 99 goals

OneLoveOneEric
07-22-2008, 08:45 PM
I've never been a Dichio lover, but he was clearly the heart and soul of this team.
I'm embarrassed tonight.

ThunderTundra
07-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Its not the end of the season either, its the end of our CCL run. The team needs to throw it away now and focus on getting back into contention for the playoffs, lets do something there to make up for this. We will come out next year and win the whole thing. I think after this, there will be some major changes, if not during the season, the offseason will bring us lots of news.

jloome
07-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Can we all agree the fucking 451 does not work, at this point, because I don't think Guevara got into the box all night, and he's supposed to be playing in the hole. They even commented on it , on tv, on the fact that he was playing back beside Robinson half the time and Edu was the one pushing up. That makes no sense to me.

Fuck. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck. Fuck . I'm so fucking gutted by this loss, I'm not even sure if a playoff run would make up for it right now. Why can't we just see a healthy Danny Dichio out there with a good finisher next to him -- Pauleta, please, take the fucking money and save us -- robert-guevara-robbo-ricketts, a nice old fashioned 442 that will create some fucking chances. Sell Edu, who really does think he's too cool for fucking school but right now couldn't successfuly eat chalk.

Fuckckckckckck.

manic.street.preacher
07-22-2008, 08:56 PM
edu didn't give a flying fuck about anything, cunny was pure shite, and guevara disappeared for most of the match. all of that possession wasted ... montreal played their hearts out, good on em, they deserved it ... maybe this loss will be the kick in the pants we need to get back to our winning ways

tfc_4_ever
07-22-2008, 08:57 PM
wtf is up of guevera latley?

tfc_4_ever
07-22-2008, 08:58 PM
rip.... We have no heart. I know Jimmy B is the captain but I want a captain like stevie gerrard who can motivate his team...

profit89
07-22-2008, 08:59 PM
he's so shit...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/Cunnytfc.jpg

James17930
07-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Robert coming back into form is one of the few positives of this match. But yes, some more free kick goals would be nice.

Did the walls seem properly placed today? they always seemed a bit too close.

profit89
07-22-2008, 09:02 PM
The team played alright.

The problem is actually quite simple: no striker = no goals.
TFC needs a designated player up front. Sukur or Kanu or whatever... someone! and fast!

zeelaw
07-22-2008, 09:02 PM
rip.... We have no heart. I know Jimmy B is the captain but I want a captain like stevie gerrard who can motivate his team...

:noidea:

Draracle
07-22-2008, 09:04 PM
we need a DP to spark some hope in this club. And we need a win to regain some confidence. But as it stands now, we are the worst team in the MLS and the worst team in Canada.

brad
07-22-2008, 09:08 PM
The team played alright.

The problem is actually quite simple: no striker = no goals.
TFC needs a designated player up front. Sukur or Kanu or whatever... someone! and fast!

Agreed. Ibrahim needs to fill out a bit before he's going to be a constant threat, I think.

Chevy
07-22-2008, 09:09 PM
^^ We are, however, ONTARIO CHAMPS!!!!

TFC OZZ
07-22-2008, 09:10 PM
I just couldn't believe that no Penalty Kick was called on the first foul on Edu in the box, it looked sooooooooo agonizingly blatant to me.

kdzb
07-22-2008, 09:11 PM
We are a team without heart. That was a fucking DISGRACE.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UCK

tfc_4_ever
07-22-2008, 09:11 PM
:noidea:

when i am sad i make ridiculous comments :hump:

smeghead
07-22-2008, 09:13 PM
I got the rest of the work week to stew over this result. im fuckin piissed.

Mikey
07-22-2008, 09:13 PM
I think now would be a good time for the supporters groups to contact MLSE and ask how much are they thinking of increasing the 09 season tickets prices by, and why...?

profit89
07-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Don't know how he ever managed to get 99 goals

Cause the league itself is shit. And will remain that way so long as guys like him are still hanging around.

GET RID OF HIM !

Dirk Diggler
07-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Man whats up with this Cunny hatred? He's shit, that's a foregone conclusion. He should have been kicked out of the city a long time ago. I'm pissed at the rest of the team. Amado and Robert weren't setting anyone on fire either. If everyone had well enough, there would have been no need to bash Cunny for his usually shit play.

And yeah, Sutton was shit today too. The first goal was his mistake, no fucking doubt about it.

Razor
07-22-2008, 09:16 PM
fuck Montreal...they didn't deserve shit.

i'm very disappointed in the team.

WE deserve better than this pathetic display of football.

Chevy
07-22-2008, 09:17 PM
We are not Canadian champs for two reasons:

1. We have a 16 year old child as our #1 stirker.
2. See #1

TFC - 2008 ONTARIO CHAMPS!!!!!

mclaren
07-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Random Thoughts:

Robert was a class act tonight - the only one who played with any skill for us.

Sutton had one great save but he is very suspect on crosses - he comes out when the ball is nowhere near him and leaves an open net.

Ricketts needs to step us his game - I think he needs confidence badly - he can go past players but rarely tries to.

Robinson - fairly solid. Good passing, better than last game.

Guevara - my favourite player usually but tonight he was missing most of the time.

Velez - getting worse by the game, not sure if he's loosing confidence or what. Not looking himself.

Brennan - decent game, has a good engine.

Their goalkeeper - timewaster.

ua-kozak_TFC
07-22-2008, 09:21 PM
We are a team without heart. That was a fucking DISGRACE.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UCK

That is definetly true... we have no heart or balls...

what pisses me off the most is players like rickets and edu that get cocky and hog the ball....

mclaren
07-22-2008, 09:21 PM
Oh, and we have a glaring problem at right back. I keep saying it week in, week out but EVERY team that plays against us tries to exploit Wynne's bad positioning - and it usually works. Their left winger was having a field day. Wynnes fantastic but the coaches need to help work on his play.

profit89
07-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Random Thoughts:

Robert was a class act tonight - the only one who played with any skill for us.

Sutton had one great save but he is very suspect on crosses - he comes out when the ball is nowhere near him and leaves an open net.

Ricketts needs to step us his game - I think he needs confidence badly - he can go past players but rarely tries to.

Robinson - fairly solid. Good passing, better than last game.

Guevara - my favourite player usually but tonight he was missing most of the time.

Velez - getting worse by the game, not sure if he's loosing confidence or what. Not looking himself.

Brennan - decent game, has a good engine.

Their goalkeeper - timewaster.

You forgot.. Cunningham - worst player on the planet

mclaren
07-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Cunningham - like the other strikers, did nothing, but I'm not using him as a scapegoat as others might.

trane
07-22-2008, 09:24 PM
^ The first goal was clearly Sutton's mistake, and he almost let in a second one. I am sorry but Sutton cost us the game. The mid's played solid, we are missing a stiker, Ibrahim will be goo maybe great but he is just to young. The defense could have been better, but was not awfull. I cannot believe Cunny did not score on an open net. I have to say this, but even I, a shit 39 year old wanabe slow centerback could have scored with the ball at my feet an inch infront of the net and the goal wide open, in fact I have score such a goal. All he had to do was put any part of this lower body on it with some forward motion and it would have been in, instead he fucked it up.

This is not the first game Sutton has cost us, he makes great safes but he also makes awfull mistakes.

marquis
07-22-2008, 09:26 PM
It doen't even matter who played well and who didn't - we didn't win the Canadian Championship and we didn't get to the C League and I think it's absolutely inexcusable.
In my opinion, the main reason for the failure is the coach. Watching TFC struggling to create chances is simply painful to watch...it takes forever to even approach to the box, let alone create some danger. They don't seem to have any schemes, any idea whatsoever on what to do from the middle up...the ball gets dragged across the field for minutes, until the pass is missed.
I also think Montreal is a quite thin team, that should have been easy to unlock by any average coach. Carver doesn't have a clue what he's doing. To be fair to him, he did manage to improve the defence from disastruous to mediocre.
I'm really upset right now, but my 2 cents say SACK CARVER!!!!!!!

Chapman
07-22-2008, 09:26 PM
Robinson was definitely one of the top players along with Brennan

OneLoveOneEric
07-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Jim Brennan can't keep getting a free pass for these shit performances. He's the captain, and as such it's HIS JOB on the field to marshall the team and make them play hard.
He does not do that, clearly. Not one bit.

ManUtd4ever
07-22-2008, 09:29 PM
I just got back from the game. I am bitterly disappointed with the result considering that TFC seemed to relax once Ricketts scored to allow Montreal back into it. That goalpost in the dying moments was a heartbreaker but it should have never came down to that. I was pleased with the overall effort but our front line seems to lack the cohesion that was apparent earlier in the season. Guevara looked awful until the last 10 minutes...

mclaren
07-22-2008, 09:30 PM
I think now would be a good time for the supporters groups to contact MLSE and ask how much are they thinking of increasing the 09 season tickets prices by, and why...?

i'd bet your house on it.

Razor
07-22-2008, 09:31 PM
we lost to a USL team....LOST a chance to play in the CCL.

i just can't believe it. i'm stunned.

if they don't sign a striker asap i'll fuckin' lose it.

WE'VE given everything to this club and we deserve better than the shit we saw tonight.

Dirk Diggler
07-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Robinson was definitely one of the top players along with Brennan

Sorry, don't buy anyone of that. Especially what you said about Brennan. He was positioned horribly on numerous occasions throughout the evening. Was also getting beat to the ball on a regular basis. I'm sorry if I expect a bit more from an MLS captain against third string USL strikers.

dupont
07-22-2008, 09:34 PM
this game was so fucking depressing. fuck no.

Ratven
07-22-2008, 09:41 PM
we lost to a USL team....LOST a chance to play in the CCL.

i just can't believe it. i'm stunned.

if they don't sign a striker asap i'll fuckin' lose it.

WE'VE given everything to this club and we deserve better than the shit we saw tonight.

I've never doubted the club, coaches, or players before, but after tonight I just can't help but feel that this relationship between the supporters and the team is a little one sided. I think a number of players should be ashamed of the performances they put out tonight.

rocker
07-22-2008, 09:45 PM
why was Guevara almost never passing to Robert? He did this in the San Jose game too. So many times Robert was open and Guevara would make a more difficult pass to someone else. Something going on between the two?

I didn't think Montreal played that well. They played better at their home.
We had way more real chances. Just once again the broken record: couldn't finish.

On the bright side, I found it to be the best game atmosphere experience in the history of the team. The south end was unbelievable from my vantage point. And everyone around me was totally into every play.

bhoybobby
07-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Jim Brennan can't keep getting a free pass for these shit performances. He's the captain, and as such it's HIS JOB on the field to marshall the team and make them play hard.

you;re talking out your ass, that's o;k. I;ve done it on occasion/

Brennan & Robinson were superb.

Wynn has the positional sense of a blind man & is not comfortable on the ball. Velez is utter shoite, no better than Boyens who was also shoite.

We are as deep aa a shallow puddle & the olympics are coming, could be a long summer.

babooo17
07-22-2008, 09:48 PM
As there are enough threads going about what went wrong tonight and with our season. I am a little pissed off that after more than 90 min of the south end singing and chanting there heads off tonight only one player (Rohan) gave us a clap after the match. I can understand being angry...but i think every supporter had their guts ripped out today losing to Montreal in our house...as Torontonians losing to Montreal in anything always leaves a bitter taste in our mouth. I dont think the lads understand that rivalry...I just think that the fans got a little slap after the game by just walking off the field, like we wern't even there...especially after we jam the place with 20,000+ for every match...i dont know a little frustrated i guess...

Any thoughts???

Keyman
07-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Tonight, I am ashamed to be a fan of Toronto FC. The performance that we put forth tonight, and really, throughout the entire tournament, has been horrendus. We simply cannot put the ball in the back of the net, it's obviously our glaring weakness, and we lack the urgency, skill and passion of a great team. There are absolutely no positives to take away from tonight, except for maybe the atmosphere, because we have lost a tournament that, before it started, was as close to a sure thing as you can get.

This was the most important game in the history of the club, and Toronto FC fucked it up, big time. I hope that this is an eye opener for Toronto FC management, and the players, because I will not accept performances like this at all in the future. This better be the last time that I am "ashamed" of the club, because I'm fucking pissed off.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

OneLoveOneEric
07-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Not saying Brennan didn't play well. I'm saying where is he when the rest of the team is jogging around? Why isn't he screaming at them?
Good player, not a captain.

profit89
07-22-2008, 09:50 PM
The players are angry about the loss.. it's understandable

Ratven
07-22-2008, 09:50 PM
I don't think thanking us would've gone over well to be honest. Hardly any of them gave a shit about the match, and I think hardly any of them give a shit about us, and even less (only the Canadians maybe) understand the rivalry between Toronto and Montreal.

Keyman
07-22-2008, 09:53 PM
I wouldn't have clapped for them anyways. They don't deserve it.

I know it's harsh, but too bad, I'm pissed off. Thank god I'm going up north tonight.

Ratven
07-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Tonight, I am ashamed to be a fan of Toronto FC. The performance that we put forth tonight, and really, throughout the entire tournament, has been horrendus. We simply cannot put the ball in the back of the net, it's obviously our glaring weakness, and we lack the urgency, skill and passion of a great team. There are absolutely no positives to take away from tonight, except for maybe the atmosphere, because we have lost a tournament that, before it started, was as close to a sure thing as you can get.

This was the most important game in the history of the club, and Toronto FC fucked it up, big time. I hope that this is an eye opener for Toronto FC management, and the players, because I will not accept performances like this at all in the future. This better be the last time that I am "ashamed" of the club, because I'm fucking pissed off.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

I'm with you 100%, this is what I was saying to my buddies after the game, it's the first time I'm ashamed of the club ever.

fiji_blue
07-22-2008, 09:55 PM
pathetic there is no offensive pressure ...ahhhh!!!

Ratven
07-22-2008, 09:55 PM
I wouldn't have clapped for them anyways. They don't deserve it.

I know it's harsh, but too bad, I'm pissed off. Thank god I'm going up north tonight.

I'm voting to extend black t-shirt protest to the next TFC game.

MFBODD
07-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Why do we continue having 1 up front? Ibrahim is 16 years old. He has talent and if he continues to develop he won't be playing in this league...Anyway, this was a must win and we have a kid with 0 experience in there? What? Fine, put him in, but not on his own for fuck sakes.

We're 1-1-2 against USL clubs and there is no excuse for that. Do we need a quality striker? Yes, but Vancouver and Montreal ARE NOT MLS teams, so we should win either way.

Really, all of this comes down to Carver...

Toronto Ruffrider
07-22-2008, 10:01 PM
you;re talking out your ass, that's o;k. I;ve done it on occasion/

Brennan & Robinson were superb.

Wynn has the positional sense of a blind man & is not comfortable on the ball. Velez is utter shoite, no better than Boyens who was also shoite.

We are as deep aa a shallow puddle & the olympics are coming, could be a long summer.

If Wynne and Edu continue to play like they did tonight, then the Olympics won't have a negative effect on our team at all.

marquis
07-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Why do we continue having 1 up front? Ibrahim is 16 years old. He has talent and if he continues to develop he won't be playing in this league...Anyway, this was a must win and we have a kid with 0 experience in there? What? Fine, put him in, but not on his own for fuck sakes.

We're 1-1-2 against USL clubs and there is no excuse for that. Do we need a quality striker? Yes, but Vancouver and Montreal ARE NOT MLS teams, so we should win either way.

Really, all of this comes down to Carver...

I agree 100% - see my previous post below.

[quote]
It doesn't even matter who played well and who didn't - we didn't win the Canadian Championship and we didn't get to the C League and I think it's absolutely inexcusable.
In my opinion, the main reason for the failure is the coach. Watching TFC struggling to create chances is simply painful to watch...it takes forever to even approach to the box, let alone create some danger. They don't seem to have any schemes, any idea whatsoever on what to do from the middle up...the ball gets dragged across the field for minutes, until the pass is missed.
I also think Montreal is a quite thin team, that should have been easy to unlock by any average coach. Carver doesn't have a clue what he's doing. To be fair to him, he did manage to improve the defence from disastruous to mediocre.
I'm really upset right now, but my 2 cents say SACK CARVER!!!!!!![quote]

LucaGol
07-22-2008, 10:03 PM
You guys can keep ragging on the 4-5-1 and lack of a pure finisher...but the problem is more severe imo.

It's playing with 2 DMs in the middle of the park. And not only 2 DMs...2 DMs who have their heads up their asses with the ball at their feet.

Carl Robinson is a good DM for this team....Edu has become completely useless.

Both of them combined give possession away far too easily...are too slow with their decision making...and are generally killing a lot of our attacks.

Again...Carl Robinson is doing the business in the middle..he's doing his job...and Edu's job unfortunately.

Maurice Edu is currently not only not doing his DM duties...but he's not doing much else.

Toronto_Bhoy
…and if they raise them are you in for next season?

Of course you are…mute question…

ilikemusic
Youre the biggest fucking laughing stock in North America.

LucaGol
07-22-2008, 10:05 PM
It was only a matter of time....it's MLSE touch of gold.

For as much as he annoys me...I can't wait to see what Bob McCown has to say about this tomorrow. He was already going on and on about what a colossal failure this would be for TFC if we managed to lose to Montreal tonight.

a.ungaro
07-22-2008, 10:05 PM
i vote we all turn our backs in disgust when they enter the field on august 3rd... they embarassed us so we can easily embarrass them...

BC101
07-22-2008, 10:06 PM
i vote we all turn our backs in disgust when they enter the field on august 3rd... they embarassed us so we can easily embarrass them...

Co signed..

OooooTFC!
07-22-2008, 10:06 PM
As there are enough threads going about what went wrong tonight and with our season. I am a little pissed off that after more than 90 min of the south end singing and chanting there heads off tonight only one player (Rohan) gave us a clap after the match. I can understand being angry...but i think every supporter had their guts ripped out today losing to Montreal in our house...as Torontonians losing to Montreal in anything always leaves a bitter taste in our mouth. I dont think the lads understand that rivalry...I just think that the fans got a little slap after the game by just walking off the field, like we wern't even there...especially after we jam the place with 20,000+ for every match...i dont know a little frustrated i guess...

Any thoughts???

I respect rohan ricketts becasuse he came over, even by the way he did it you could tell he was dissapointed and he knew they let us down on the field.

Jay1974
07-22-2008, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't have been cheering if they came over, possibly booed too . . .

I am pissed!

MFBODD
07-22-2008, 10:07 PM
[quote=marquis;99742]I agree 100% - see my previous post below.[quote]

I'm with ya mate!

reggie
07-22-2008, 10:08 PM
edu was total shit tonight,does he have to play against rsl next game....

RedsYNWA
07-22-2008, 10:09 PM
This was the first game ever I booed the team they deserved it especially CARVER

RedsYNWA
07-22-2008, 10:11 PM
SAD SAD INDEED I wish I was drunk

jloome
07-22-2008, 10:13 PM

Yeah, all he did was set up the fucking goal, track back all night and cross over effectively with Robert. fucking imbecile. I swear, the utterly retarded comments on this board are sometimes more annoying than the team flopping again.

Dirk Diggler
07-22-2008, 10:14 PM
I don't understand how people can think that anyone played well tonight. If we constantly had a bunch of guys who played well night in and night out, we wouldn't be in such a horrendous slump right now. Not a single player played particularly well. Montreal played a sub-par game and even that was good enough to secure a draw for them. As poor as the finishing was today, midfield and the defence was hardly world class. If it wasn't for Montreal's own poor finishing, we would have actually LOST the game. Maybe I have unfair expectations against USL oppositions but I was utterly disappointed by the entire team today. Don't think a DP striker would have made a difference today (unless the DP striker was Fernando Torres or someone). Unfortunately I saw this coming ever since the beginning of the year (especially recently due to our poor form and Montreal's good run) but many posters on this board have apparently never heard of a lower league team beating a higher league side.

MFBODD
07-22-2008, 10:14 PM
…and if they raise them are you in for next season?

Of course you are…mute question…

Sure, but it's still our job to bitch about it!:)

OneLoveOneEric
07-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Yeah, all he did was set up the fucking goal, track back all night and cross over effectively with Robert. fucking imbecile. I swear, the utterly retarded comments on this board are sometimes more annoying than the team flopping again.

Read the post, douchebag. I'm not criticizing his play. I'm saying he does zero to motivate the others, like a captain should.
Now go to sleep, junior.

rocker
07-22-2008, 10:15 PM
edu was total shit tonight,does he have to play against rsl next game....

I agree... He can go to the olympics for all I care. Seems like every time he gets the ball it leads to nothing except maybe an obvious pass back to the defence. i kept my eye on him all night and it was pathetic. Missing the net was expected too.

RedsYNWA
07-22-2008, 10:17 PM
TOR-ONT- OOHHH OHHH Please Blow me

noochie
07-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Man whats up with this Cunny hatred? He's shit, that's a foregone conclusion. He should have been kicked out of the city a long time ago. I'm pissed at the rest of the team. Amado and Robert weren't setting anyone on fire either. If everyone had well enough, there would have been no need to bash Cunny for his usually shit play.

And yeah, Sutton was shit today too. The first goal was his mistake, no fucking doubt about it.

I wouldn't piss on Cunny if he was on fire.

a.ungaro
07-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Co signed..

thank you... cuz this isnt a joke.

BakaGaijin
07-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Well.........since Montreal is a better team than us..........their product is obviously of a higher quality. Therefore, our season ticket prices should be reduced below the price of Impact season ticket's next year.

Cas87
07-22-2008, 10:24 PM
For the season to be a success, I had two things in mind: making the playoffs and qualifying for the CCL.

P.S. qualification for the CCL is done (at least until VAN and MTL kick our ass next year)

And in the emortal words of Jim Mora, Sr:

PLAYOFFS?!?!?!

What you talking about, PLAYOFFS?!?!?!?!

noochie
07-22-2008, 10:27 PM
You can sum this up in two words: inept offence.

ensco
07-22-2008, 10:27 PM
You know what?

Montreal was better than us. Showed more talent on the ball. A whole bunch of deft long balls that stayed in play (they did better at this than any visiting team has done before at BMO). More nice multi-pass moves than we had. Whatever you want to say about Cunny's sitter, Montreal (Roberto) missed just as glorious a chance only a few minutes earlier. I hate to say it, but I was impressed.

This really sucks.

Marc"2L"
07-22-2008, 10:28 PM
It's not going to be the last major upset/joke lost guys.

noochie
07-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Hmm... if they went up I would still pay (let's face it) however I would be expecting to raid the pitch on real grass. :)

Jack
07-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Ricketts showed a lot of class by doing that. You could tell by his body language that he was apologizing to us and giving us appreciation for our support. It was an acknowledgement that we were all let down by this result.

We need our players to feel accountable to us. Rohan played hard today.

Alarius
07-22-2008, 10:32 PM
... to add to the others just because I can!.. for now..

Its clear we
a) are Pissed off
b) are heartbroken
c) are fed up
d) hate carver
e) hate cunnigham
f) hate Montreal
g) hate Edu
h) believe that the reason for this terrible run is somehow related to Landycakes
i) some combination of the above....

But can we just express it in one or two posts, rather than everyone start a new post.. I want to express my feelings but crap I dont know which post to use?? ???? ??? ?
am too drunk I.. :taz:

[Mods pls delete this]

Kickit09
07-22-2008, 10:33 PM
anual ticket price increase is MLSE policy

ilikemusic
07-22-2008, 10:33 PM
Ricketts looked devestated.

Cunningham couldnt have cared less. He couldnt wait to start laughing it up with the Impact players.

Dirk Diggler
07-22-2008, 10:34 PM
You know what?

Montreal was better than us. Showed more talent on the ball. A whole bunch of deft long balls that stayed in play (they did better at this than any visiting team has done before at BMO). More nice multi-pass moves than we had. Whatever you want to say about Cunny's sitter, Montreal missed just as glorious a chance only a few minutes earlier. I hate to say it, but I was impressed.

This really sucks.

I wasn't impressed but yes, they are a better team than us. This much has been very obvious for the past month to anyone willing to watch both Montreal and TFC with an objective eye.

BigLou
Dichio would have come....

tfc2007
they were too embarassed to come over.
they now they disappointed.

Iguy
i think literally turning our backs on them is a little harsh, i dont think we should go that far.
they should know we feel they let us down, but that we still support them

Jack
07-22-2008, 10:35 PM
You know what?

Montreal was better than us. Showed more talent on the ball. A whole bunch of deft long balls that stayed in play (they did better at this than any visiting team has done before at BMO). More nice multi-pass moves than we had. Whatever you want to say about Cunny's sitter, Montreal missed just as glorious a chance only a few minutes earlier. I hate to say it, but I was impressed.

This really sucks.
Stark reality is tough to face, but we lost and were not good enough.

RealG-TFC
07-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Whatever, this is just building up the anticipation of revenge for next year.

I'm glad the All-Star game is coming up. I can watch neutral, non-frustrating football.

Roogsy
07-22-2008, 10:37 PM
Bring on the European leagues.

At least I won't be heartbroken.

Why delete this thread? It speaks to me.

reggie
07-22-2008, 10:37 PM
don't worry edu and boys will go clubing tonight....

noochie
07-22-2008, 10:40 PM
^^ It's government policy... some call it inflation :D

Weevil
Pathetic!

ilikemusic
don't worry edu and boys will go clubing tonight....

Ya no reason to be upset. Theres some great nightclubs in Toronto. The players will shake this off no problem.

Send em all home for all I fucking care. Go play in fucking Frisco or Salt Lake.

noochie
07-22-2008, 10:41 PM
am too drunk I..

yoda?

ilikemusic
07-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Dont worry. Edu and the rest of em will still be able to go clubbing tonight. Toronto's nightlife should make them feel better.

:confused:

Send em all to fucking Utah!

Toronto_Bhoy
07-22-2008, 10:43 PM
After Saturday’s match John Carver had a go at the Star's Morgan Campbell for what he felt were “negative statements” written in Friday's paper.

From Campbell's blog:
http://thestar.blogs.com/torontofc/2008/07/its-never-perso.html

He singled me out, saying he took issue with something I'd written for Friday's paper:

Since then TFC has shone at times. On a sweltering April Sunday in Los Angeles they defeated the Galaxy on Jeff Cunningham's late goal.

Other times, though, they've stunk, earning just three of their 21 points on the road.

What, I thought to myself, did I have to do with the team winning just once on the road? Three points out of a possible 18 on the road sure isn't shining, and that's why I said it stinks.

In a packed news conference, the following exchange ensued:

John Carver -- That's a great comment, innit? That's gonna get everybody on our sides, innit?

Morgan Campbell -- You're 1-5 on the road, John. I'm not the one out there playing.

JC -- No, I understand that, but what I'm saying is, why do you have to go and write crap like that?

MC -- One and five on the road, John.

JC -- And we're playing at home...I think I've made my point. It's dead easy going on a website and looking for your questions to ask from supporters groups.

MC -- John, I write the good, I write the bad.

When I first read the bolded statement from Carver…"looking for your questions to ask from supporters groups" my gut reaction was…"So what if he is?" The media is our communication connection to club [especially after refusing media creditentials to supporters websites and bloggers].

So I’m going to bypass Mr. Campbell [‘cause apparently John doesn’t like him] and ask Mr. Anselmi, Johnston and Carver myself:

Who is accountable and responsible for the performance of this team?

What is going to be done with those, both in management and on the pitch, who don’t live up to those responsibilities?

When can we, the supporters, expect a detailed response?

I think the people at MLSE have lost sight in the fact that "we, the supporters are the show." People come to BMO for the "atmosphere we create"…it's certainly not the quality of the football that your providing. So heed this warning…we are not Leaf nor Raptor fans…treat us with respect or in the near future you will have the same antiseptic experience you pedal at the ACC…with half the audience.

Tom and Paul ask Mo how supporters can make or break you…he knows…

Alarius
07-22-2008, 10:43 PM
I want to add that, even though we lost... I had a blast, especially the 1 hour honk fest in the underground parking after the game, and watching my little brother and cousin start a soccer ball kick about with perfect strangers while we waited.. :)

Alarius
07-22-2008, 10:44 PM
yoda?

Mom?

ilikemusic
07-22-2008, 10:45 PM
I think it was confusion on the part of Morgan Campbell and Cathal Kelley that led to Montreal's goal.

Weevil
07-22-2008, 10:45 PM
SO SAD THE SUPPORTERS ARE THERE - BUT THE TEAM ISN'T, 40 IMPACT FANS GO HOME WITH A SMILE ON THERE FACES AS TFC EMBARRASSED 20,000 OF US! Good job boys - thanx for steppin up! time to move out if yer not up for it! - if think you are - show us! step on up or step on out!

Dirk Diggler
07-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Dont worry. Edu and the rest of em will still be able to go clubbing tonight. Toronto's nightlife should make them feel better.

:confused:

Send em all to fucking Utah!

Yes. I'm eagerly awaiting his next facebook status update...

...."Edu is Awesome party last night! Pity about the game though...but awesome part none the less!!"

Iguy
not enough people are bitching about Adam Braz, fuck that bitch

Alarius
lol who threw the beer/water at him... that was a good toss :)

yellowfellow
07-22-2008, 10:48 PM
We lost and that should be the end of it. The ball just didn't bounce our way.

ilikemusic
07-22-2008, 10:49 PM

No, dont you listen to Carver? Its the media.

Jack
07-22-2008, 10:51 PM
After Saturday’s match John Carver had a go at the Star's Morgan Campbell for what he felt were “negative statements” written in Friday's paper.

From Campbell's blog:
http://thestar.blogs.com/torontofc/2008/07/its-never-perso.html

When I first read the bolded statement from Carver…"looking for your questions to ask from supporters groups" my gut reaction was…"So what if he is?" The media is our communication connection to club [especially after refusing media creditentials to supporters websites and bloggers].

So I’m going to bypass Mr. Campbell [‘cause apparently John doesn’t like him] and ask Mr. Anselmi, Johnston and Carver myself:

Who is accountable and responsible for the performance of this team?

What is going to be done with those, both in management and on the pitch, who don’t live up to those responsibilities?

When can we, the supporters, expect a detailed response?

I think the people at MLSE have lost sight in the fact that "we, the supporters are the show." People come to BMO for the "atmosphere we create"…it's certainly not the quality of the football that your providing. So heed this warning…we are not Leaf nor Raptor fans…treat us with respect or in the near future you will have the same antiseptic experience you pedal at the ACC…with half the audience.

Tom and Paul ask Mo how supporters can make or break you…he knows…
Perfect post.

Guys at TFC, you have my number/email.

Alarius
07-22-2008, 10:52 PM
No, dont you listen to Carver? Its the media.

no... its cause schelotto dives too much..

noochie
07-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Mom?

Son? Jesus this was frustrating. Looking at the Montreal goal... Sutton waited way too long to make up his mind on coming out for the kick. I am not blaming the guy just making an observation now that I am watching the replay.

ilikemusic
no... its cause schelotto dives too much..

No... its cause the referees are horrible and never awards us penalties or free kicks from an advantageous spot. I mean the ref was obviously payed off by the impact tonight!

Toronto_Bhoy

Sorry YF…this thread isn't about losing a game…it's about the comment from Carver about supporter's websites and bloggers…ultimately, our concerns. We are the major stakeholder in this franchise…treat us as such.

The team is playing poorly…someone called him on it…and he blows us off…

mauser09
Toronto Till I Die!

egoodwin
07-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Do some people have some kind of mental deficiency when it comes to football and simple logic?

Really I just happened to be going under the Go Train tunnel at the same time as Pinkie and Azerban, and what should we see down there? Bloody idiots celebrating

They were celebrating! They were chanting and banging the sides as if we had won the game, as if we put on a game performance, it's like they were too stupid to comprehend the fact that Toronto lost the Championship to a team from a supposedly lower tiered league...

I don't know what game they watched, but there is absolutely nothing to celebrate about tonight's game

Dirk Diggler
07-22-2008, 10:57 PM

Any thoughts???

I don't think they fancied getting shit thrown at them by their own fans. Obviously Ricketts had nothing to worry about since he was the only one who scored the goal.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-22-2008, 10:57 PM

I vote the entire south end SIT IN THERE SEATS for the ENTIRE 90mins next home game without a single chant....should get the message across nicely!

BC101
07-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Happens all the time.. Banging on those fucking orange things as if nothing happened.

Roogsy
Ricketts has scored major points with the fans of this city. He has nothing to apologize for.

Guys like Edu, Cunny and Robert...they owe us an apology.

I am waiting.

But they aren't the only ones. There is a lot of blame in that locker room, shared by many players.

egoodwin
no acknowledgement for south end? that's too bad...

At least now you know what it's like for the North End, we bring our all every game, our voices and chants, our tifos, two sticks and banners, yet it is an extreme rarity when just one TFC member comes over to acknowledge us...

Also, I really don't blame them for wanting to just get off the field as fast as possible... they should be damn right ashamed for tonight

Kickit09
the players just weren't into this tournament as much as the fans...same with the carlesberg cup... and many MLS games............too many players in MLS just for the paycheck

Toronto Ruffrider
Do some people have some kind of mental deficiency when it comes to football and simple logic?

Really I just happened to be going under the Go Train tunnel at the same time as Pinkie and Azerban, and what should we see down there? Bloody idiots celebrating

They were celebrating! They were chanting and banging the sides as if we had won the game, as if we put on a game performance, it's like they were too stupid to comprehend the fact that Toronto lost the Championship to a team from a supposedly lower tiered league...

I don't know what game they watched, but there is absolutely nothing to celebrate about tonight's game

Sounds like the kind of people that go to BMO for the atmosphere, not the game. If you want to party, go to a party; if you want to watch football, go to BMO and pay attention to the game.

Rhapido
07-22-2008, 11:00 PM
They were too embarressed to look us in the face. They've always acknowledged the crowd before, even in losses. Not tonite. Which suggests that they recognized that this WAS a big game and that they let us down.

Iguy
yes, some people are stupid. Sad really, but its good for the economy

Dirk Diggler
The local media already despises MLSE and soccer.... I don't think think Carver is helping out the situation by calling out the media like that on a constant basis. More buck passing....

Alarius
its called passion.. even if its for a losing cause...
maybe they were drunk.. or maybe there were celebrating that fact that regardless of how bad TFC sucked.. at least we have a team...

would you rather support the leafs?
P.S -> i wasnt in that crowd... i was stuck in the underground parking...

werewolf
Merged as one.

BC101
07-22-2008, 11:01 PM
no acknowledgement for south end? that's too bad...

At least now you know what it's like for the North End, we bring our all every game, our voices and chants, our tifos, two sticks and banners, yet it is an extreme rarity when just one TFC member comes over to acknowledge us...

Also, I really don't blame them for wanting to just get off the field as fast as possible... they should be damn right ashamed for tonight

boo fuckin hoo no offense but its ONE Section amongst a bunch of Prawners... 110-114 is like more than just one section. please man. I agree you guys should get some creds but to fuckin come here and say that shit no man take that fucking shit elsewhere.

Alarius
07-22-2008, 11:02 PM
Merged as one.

TY TY... oh exhaulted one :) so much easier to keep track of..

rocker
07-22-2008, 11:07 PM
well, montreal never beat us...

let's not start kissing montreal's ass.

Jack
07-22-2008, 11:09 PM
No one is kissing their ass.

Believe me.

But we are not the Canadian champions. They are.

Fuck...

Alarius
07-22-2008, 11:11 PM
On the bright side...

.... i did save a ton of money on car insurance by switching to Geiko..

.. no wait.. that didnt happen either...

Fuck..

Kickit09
07-22-2008, 11:11 PM
its sad the team cant win cups with only 2 or 3 teams in the tournament

ensco
07-22-2008, 11:13 PM
This one's on us alone.

Guess what?

Even if Cunny's "offside" goal at BMO against Vancouver had counted and that game had ended 1-1, we STILL would have gone out today.

This really sucks.

I hope Carver keeps them there all night tonight, and holds a practice and/or video replay session of this game from 10pm to 2am tomorrow night, so that our guys can't hang with their visiting friends from WHU, or the all-stars.

egoodwin
07-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Tonight's loss (well draw that was the equiv of a loss) was painful and something for the players to be ashamed about...

I dunno but I can't be like some people in the Go Train tunnel and pretend that this game did not happen/did not have the result it did, this strikes deep in the heart, and I am just happy that we don't have another home game for a while, because it's going to take a bit of time (week or two maybe) for me to recover and chant with full heart again

Alarius
Im heartbroken.. disappointed.. and now i must go to sleep so I can wake up to go to work for a shit ass company and a shit ass boss..

fuck..

and good nite folks..

werewolf
If there is any silver lining...it is less games for us to focus on. These 4 seems to have thrown the team off already in league play. And we probably wouldn't do much in the Champions League (especially with this squad)....On the other hand we lost a tournament with second division teams...I am not ready for the bright side yet.

egoodwin
07-22-2008, 11:19 PM
boo fuckin hoo no offense but its ONE Section amongst a bunch of Prawners... 110-114 is like more than just one section. please man. I agree you guys should get some creds but to fuckin come here and say that shit no man take that fucking shit elsewhere.
just saying that though Brit, not to make it seem bad or anything, just saying that no acknowledgement by players is something I've become used to...

But really if the players did come around, what could they do though to ease the pain?

Rhapido
wtf is up of guevera latley?Consistently shows the most talent on the pitch. Our problem is up front, not in the middle.

Daveisonfire
You can sum this up in two words: inept offence.

I was thinking more: Fuck fuck

Kickit09
07-22-2008, 11:21 PM
too many players in MLS there just for the paycheck

Vep
07-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Well well....so it seems that "we" supporters are giving up are we?

It was a bad game...although i thought we actually did dominate most of the play tonight..we just couldn't score.

Let's try to focus on the future....with that being said....since everyone is ashamed and disgusted with the team...would this be the appropriate time to see if anyone is selling some season seats? ;)

I have faith...i hope you guys do too!

egoodwin
07-22-2008, 11:22 PM
Happens all the time.. Banging on those fucking orange things as if nothing happened.
kudos to Mandy and Azerban for yelling at the people and trying to knock some sense of what just happened into them

BC101
07-22-2008, 11:24 PM
just saying that though Brit, not to make it seem bad or anything, just saying that no acknowledgement by players is something I've become used to...

But really if the players did come around, what could they do though to ease the pain?

What does it matter? I mean iam watching the game on Telly now.. and all I hear is the NEE that means the mics near you guys are on but ours is not. Since we're but a whisper but seriously who fuckin cares. Its not about that any of that shit.

Rhapido
07-22-2008, 11:24 PM

He was busting his ass out there for most of the game, let's be honest. He set up our only goal by penetrating deep into the box and then crossing over a perfect volley to Ricketts who did the rest.

If you want to send some heat Brennan's way, maybe you fault him for allowing Roberto Brown to get on the end of that corner. But I think Sutton has to share some of that blame -- it was his ball for the taking.

stugautz
07-22-2008, 11:25 PM
I thought Ricketts played with heart. Not so much for the other guys on the pitch, but they all tried. If Cunny's shot was 6 inches lower we're through to the next round and talking about how the team never gave up.

egoodwin
07-22-2008, 11:33 PM
brit, your understanding of my post is not the intended way it was to come across... the players don't normally come up to our end of the stadium, combined with the shock and dismay in the result, it wasn't so obvious that the players did not go and acknowledge the south stand as usual... but I can understand why they wouldn't come around after that performance and result...

after a game like today though, what good would it have made if they came around tonight? I don't know what the players or supporters would have done or their reactions would be..

nascarguy
07-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Robert MOM.

she right vancouver played better

egoodwin
07-22-2008, 11:36 PM
anyone see any West Ham players at the game today?

Craig Bellamy and a couple of them were watching from the club box thing next to 127... Bellamy took time after the game to sign a bunch of autographs and such, but would not comment on how much it would cost to bring him over next season

BC101
07-22-2008, 11:37 PM
Wow just watching the match now... Know what REALLY sucks? Dichio had JUST got to their booth for a interveiw when MTL scored... How fuckin shitty is that.. He just sat down and they scored. For him i mean.

noochie
07-22-2008, 11:38 PM
I was thinking more: Fuck fuck

that works also ;)

Keegan
Maurice Edu had to go home and update his site guys give him a break!

Kickit09
how montreal won this tournament i cant unerstand

Dirk Diggler
07-22-2008, 11:39 PM
its sad the team cant win cups with only 2 or 3 teams in the tournament

Not to mention against teams with the added handicap of a lower salary cap and no DP spots. Dis-fuckin-gusting.

aboyandhisdog
07-22-2008, 11:40 PM
After our poor showing against the USL's Whitecaps I found myself wondering if we belong in the MLS. Anticipating a draw or a loss this evening in light of the fact that we haven't won a game in nine, I found myself wondering if we belong in the USL. Having lost to the second last team in the USL, I find myself wondering if we could even compete in the USL. Toronto 'til I die...but all the same, WE SUCK!

aboyandhisdog
07-22-2008, 11:41 PM
I forgot to mention; no player on TFC deserves to be playing in the All-star Match. Perhaps someone should give Nunez or Braz a shout? Oh shoot, we let them go...

Dirk Diggler
07-22-2008, 11:44 PM
well, montreal never beat us...

let's not start kissing montreal's ass.

That's the kind of stuff pitiful City fans said after United won the double.

benjamin88
07-22-2008, 11:44 PM
Well well....so it seems that "we" supporters are giving up are we?

It was a bad game...although i thought we actually did dominate most of the play tonight..we just couldn't score.

Let's try to focus on the future....with that being said....since everyone is ashamed and disgusted with the team...would this be the appropriate time to see if anyone is selling some season seats? ;)

I have faith...i hope you guys do too!

Oh I still have faith, it just feels like i got dumped by my girlfriend. There is a big empty pit in my gut right now after tonight. This was the biggest game in the teams history and they blew it. The supporters put there hearts and voices out there tonight, and it all seems like it was for nothing. This "tie" is gonna sting for quite some time, but will eventually go away. Lets just hope that TFC eventually figures out how to fix there current situation.

egoodwin
07-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Wow just watching the match now... Know what REALLY sucks? Dichio had JUST got to their booth for a interveiw when MTL scored... How fuckin shitty is that.. He just sat down and they scored. For him i mean.
Brit, I don't know how you're able to watch this game and relive the pain again

BC101
07-22-2008, 11:48 PM
just wanted to see the noise level... If it sounded good on TV.. It does. It drives me absoulutely mad though when we scored they showed prawners in 120-125 or whatever doing their opera clap why not show SUPPORTERS going nuts... Fuck... THen when MTL scored they showed the MTLers going all nuts. Then theres all these constant shots of the prawners to boot. Anyways gonna turn the match off @ half time so Idont have to sit through the 2nd half again otherwise i'll never get some sleep. too much RAGE.

aboyandhisdog
07-22-2008, 11:57 PM
I want a captain who can score on a fucking penalty kick!

Pachuca was a disgrace...I'm sick of taking friends and family (a.k.a. supporters to be...i mean, not to be) to matches only to be disappointed and embarrassed by the outcome; ANOTHER FUCKING LOSS!

H - E - Y BRENNAN, I WANT TO K - N - O - W, HOW YOU MISSED THAT GOAL...!

Kickit09
07-22-2008, 11:58 PM
its too easy to just blame the turf. the problem with this team is very long list.

benjamin88
07-23-2008, 12:19 AM
There was one positive thing that I personaly think came from this game, the fans support. This being my first TFC game and sitting in section 108 the chants were loud and the atmosphere was stellar. The south stands really stood out tonight especially when that "injured" Montreal player took that long walk of shame right infront of everyone.

Jeff s
07-23-2008, 12:34 AM
sadly CBC did a horrific job on the mics part. This was one of the loudest games we ever had, and you wouldn't know it by watching it on tv. Completely killed the crowd. And whats also annoying is how they have the mic so close that is sounds like only 3 people are chanting even though we know its a shit load more than that.

Benficachop20
07-23-2008, 12:48 AM
I want a captain who can score on a fucking penalty kick!

Pachuca was a disgrace...I'm sick of taking friends and family (a.k.a. supporters to be...i mean, not to be) to matches only to be disappointed and embarrassed by the outcome; ANOTHER FUCKING LOSS!

H - E - Y BRENNAN, I WANT TO K - N - O - W, HOW YOU MISSED THAT GOAL...!

and the brennan pk has to do with this match how?? btw u do know even the best players out there miss pk's once in awhile

sidney
07-23-2008, 12:59 AM
Our TFC-Lads played very well, the soccer-gods weren't with us. Keep up the good work lads and the results will come.

[also, giving Hemming a go (instead of Roseland or others) wouldn't hurt either]

egoodwin
07-23-2008, 01:02 AM
apparently the big one upstairs wasn't with us either...

From the 70th minute on, I resorted to praying for a goal... then again it almost worked...

Pearce321
07-23-2008, 01:05 AM
I think people are looking at the past few weeks very negatively. Sure, we lost the tournament...and we lost 2 friendly's. But looking at the league over the past few weeks, we tied 2 games (one we easily could have one). And we lost 2-1 to both NE and Shitcago, who are both quality teams. We FINALLY began to show some life on the road by almost coming out of their with draw's. Of course, their are some players who have played bad over the past few weeks, but looking at these results, it seems all we need is a person who can put the ball in the back of the net. Transfer Windows open. Soon we will get a striker, Dichio will come back from injury, and we will be able to get some wins.

Cashcleaner
07-23-2008, 01:57 AM
Well, We are out.
Done, finished. It may be considered by some to be a Mickey Mouse Tournament but it's one we wanted to win.
With the players we have, we should have coasted this thing....
We have played like shit for both games against Montreal and Both games against vancouver. We do not deserve to go through.
We lack the quality and the depth. FFS, we had a 16 year old up front, then a defender....not to mention Cunningham.

Anway, today.
I thought a few players did ok (and remember, this is an opinion, don't crucify me!)

Sutton played well, Ricketts too, Robinson....

Edu. Shit. Sophmore slump...
Robert. -What is going on, where are your free kicks????
Cunningham. Please, just fuck off. Quit. leave. You are shit.

Congrats to Montreal, they deserve it.
We don't.

Thoughts?

I've got a thought.

I'm convinced that we need more quality Canadian players on our roster. Before this match, I didn't really feel that Toronto should be the club to bear the responsibility of developing talent, but now I'm convinced that we should be looking at more domestic players and taking a chance on some Canadians.

Look at it this way: The onne thing that we are completely lacking in the current roster is players who actually give a shit. Say what you want about the skill levels of Robert, Guevara, Wynne, etc., but you can tell straight-up that they don't share the same passion and drive as Brennan or Sutton. Of course , Smith and Ibrahim are exceptions, but they show drive because they are younger and have something to prove.

The point is, we need more of that! We need players that want to prove their worth, and to be honest, I'm starting to get the impression from quite a few players that they don't want to prove anything - just play for a paycheque.

I know it sounds harsh, but you gotta admit that a squad of Canadians would have treated this game tonight a lot more seriously than the one we fielded.

coisty1966
07-23-2008, 06:32 AM

i'd have to see the replay but watching it live i thought Sutton could have come out and met that ball...

Tintin
07-23-2008, 06:58 AM
Robert and Brennan were 2 of our best players out there tonight IMO. Robert was constantly putting in dangerous balls and Brennan was making great runs all game. Robert's free kicks were somewhat poor though. And Cunny's just gotta get the hell out. Did nothing but give the ball away tonight and couldn't even get the ball over the line from 2 yards out. Don't know how he ever managed to get 99 goals

We were not watching the same game!!!! Are you kidding me!!!!

Robert walks on the pitch, WALKS!!!! Brenana is totally responsable for not covering is man on the Corner goal!!!!

Come on, lets be real!!!

ilikemusic
07-23-2008, 07:01 AM
As someone who was there I am shocked to see anybody say Robert played well.

I think I saw him running two, maybe three times. The rest of the time he was walking or standing still along the sideline waiting for someone to give him the ball. Making no attempt whatsoever to find open space. He only had one play in his mind all night. Couple of step overs and a cross into the box. He didnt want to do anything else. Forget the fact that it wasnt working. Why adjust your play? :noidea:

:mad:

Tintin
07-23-2008, 07:06 AM
My point excatly! He needs to go. Smith woulh have ran all night.

Pyeddo
07-23-2008, 07:12 AM
Robert CONSISTENTLY under performs.... how many chances are do you get? I know in reality most of us only get ONE

RealG-TFC
07-23-2008, 07:14 AM
We were not watching the same game!!!! Are you kidding me!!!!

Robert walks on the pitch, WALKS!!!! Brenana is totally responsable for not covering is man on the Corner goal!!!!

Come on, lets be real!!!

When we got Robert they told us two things about him. He has a temper and he lacks pace. Considering the fellow plays the full 90, I guess he was doing that to conserve his energy.

Tintin
07-23-2008, 07:17 AM
Well , maybe he should not play 90 minutes!

profit89
07-23-2008, 07:21 AM
wtf is up of guevera latley?

guevara played well... problem is:

1. he has no options up front (cunny stinks); and
2. he has no good option up front that is a threat to any defence, cause if there was a threat up front that would create more space for him. Instead they focus on him and close him down.

We need a striker: a Carlos Ruiz or Luciano Emilio would even suffice

Phil
07-23-2008, 07:25 AM
Overall it's probably best we went out of this competition as it will free up the schedule for future games. It's quite obvious that we don't have the depth necessary to play league and Concacaf.

Oldtimer
07-23-2008, 07:29 AM
Very disappointing. I think, though, why am I so disappointed?

Is it:

-- because our team means so much to us?
-- because we SHOULD have easily walked away with this tournament?
-- because the players we have didn't play to their potential?

Maybe it's a bit of all three.

I feel certain that if DD had been out there, we would have won.
Cunningham should go, he's of no use to us.
I don't expect us in the playoffs unless we get a better strikeforce.
Another season of disappointment, and no excuses by Carver will help. We just don't have the right mix of players, yet.

I agree with the poster who said it's our plastic pitch that's doing us in. Who knows, maybe Mo contacted Gerba, and he said "no way am I playing on plastic," like so many other players have done.

Here's what the team needs:
(1) a DP-quality striker. Nothing less will do.
(2) The plastic HAS to go.

Until we get a better strikeforce, I have NO confidence that we can even make the playoffs.

Oldtimer
07-23-2008, 07:32 AM
Overall it's probably best we went out of this competition as it will free up the schedule for future games. It's quite obvious that we don't have the depth necessary to play league and Concacaf.

True, It doesn't really take away the sting of defeat. Playing against a Nicaraguan team is one of the best chances we ever could get in CONCACAF CL. Next time around, Canada will probably face a much more daunting adversary.

RealG-TFC
07-23-2008, 07:37 AM
Vamos Eteli!

king10
07-23-2008, 07:53 AM
As someone who was there I am shocked to see anybody say Robert played well.

I think I saw him running two, maybe three times. The rest of the time he was walking or standing still along the sideline waiting for someone to give him the ball. Making no attempt whatsoever to find open space. He only had one play in his mind all night. Couple of step overs and a cross into the box. He didnt want to do anything else. Forget the fact that it wasnt working. Why adjust your play? :noidea:

:mad:

from the tv robert looked like he played great.. devos even said "this is the type of play we expected from robert when he first came here" and id have to agree he beat his man on multimple occasions winning free kicks in dangerous positions.. running up and down the flanks he was causing the impact defenders problems.. the only thing he was lacking was his form on set pieces other then that i think he had a good game... something must be done about the striker situation however.. cunningham must go to free up cap space to sign a decent striker

brad
07-23-2008, 07:54 AM
I've got a thought.

I'm convinced that we need more quality Canadian players on our roster. Before this match, I didn't really feel that Toronto should be the club to bear the responsibility of developing talent, but now I'm convinced that we should be looking at more domestic players and taking a chance on some Canadians.

While I would like to see more quality Canadians on TFC, I disagree completely. This has nothing to do with Canadians, and everything with our inability to put the ball in the back of the net. If we were dominating in the MLS, and played liked we did in the Cup, I would agree. But we aren't.

You are aware that the Impact only had 5 Canadians on the pitch last night, right?

brad
07-23-2008, 08:03 AM
Very disappointing.
(1) a DP-quality striker. Nothing less will do.

Definitely think a DP striker would be nice, but we could certainly improve our squad and get back into playoff contention without one. Unload Cunningham, and bring in one or two current, capable MLS forwards, and we are back in the hunt.

Tintin
07-23-2008, 08:34 AM
I was going to start a new thread but decided to keep it in this one since it’s about last night.

I enjoy the great support that the fans give the team at the game BUT I have a few comments regarding some fans. Don't take personally.

1. I was shocked at the banner that was on display on the south side before the game that said in French: Montreal, le petit frère mongole de Toronto wish translated means Montreal is Toronto Mongolian (Down Syndrome) little brother. That is classless. We look like Idiots with that sign. And people wonder why the rest of the country does not like Toronto.

2. I was in section 109 and people behind me were chanting USL, USL, USL when an Impact would miss a shot. The game was 1-1 at the time so I thought it made TFC, an MLS team look bad and also we have players who used to play for the USL. It is a stupid chant. I got mad at some of them telling them that this chant is backfiring on us since it was 1-1. They stopped chanting when they realised that we were about to lose the Tournament.

3. I can't believe people booed Braz when he really was injured and subsequently sub off. People even threw stuff at him (streamers and beer!!!). Again it was on the south side. Classless, once again.

Anyway, I know I probably insulted some of you but I had to vent. Most of the Fans are great but there is always exceptions. We need to be classier or we look like a garage league.

PureTFC
07-23-2008, 08:38 AM
What's there to say. We watched another team play their game, get the point, and take the tournament. On our pitch. If that isn't a gut wrentching, mind blowing, vomit enducing feeling for you...... Made me sick to watch that tripe. Especially some dude all by himself affter the game in the south stand clapping and cheering the opposition as they were awared the trophy.

I hope and prey there was a calling out in the locker room after the game. No one should feel untouchable after that.

If there is anything I can say about this 3 team tourney is that Montreal only won it. They have not won a football match against TFC.

^^As for that Braz stuff, they milked that shit on the pitch for way too long. Be professional and get your hurt ass off the field off play so we can get on with it.

DVS
07-23-2008, 08:40 AM
I was going to start a new thread but decided to keep it in this one since it’s about last night.

I enjoy the great support that the fans give the team at the game BUT I have a few comments regarding some fans. Don't take personally.

1. I was shocked at the banner that was on display on the south side before the game that said in French: Montreal, le petit frère mongole de Toronto wish translated means Montreal is Toronto Mongolian (Down Syndrome) little brother. That is classless. We look like Idiots with that sign. And people wonder why the rest of the country does not like Toronto.

2. I was in section 109 and people behind me were chanting USL, USL, USL when an Impact would miss a shot. The game was 1-1 at the time so I thought it made TFC, an MLS team look bad and also we have players who used to play for the USL. It is a stupid chant. I got mad at some of them telling them that this chant is backfiring on us since it was 1-1. They stopped chanting when they realised that we were about to lose the Tournament.

3. I can't believe people booed Braz when he really was injured and subsequently sub off. People even threw stuff at him (streamers and beer!!!). Again it was on the south side. Classless, once again.

Anyway, I know I probably insulted some of you but I had to vent. Most of the Fans are great but there is always exceptions. We need to be classier or we look like a garage league.

I understand your points but I'm just gonna say this.

1. Vancouver - USL TEAM - LOSS AT HOME
2. Montreal - USL TEAM - TIE AT HOME
3. San Jose - EXPANSION TEAM - TIE AT HOME

I think the TFC players and management are making this team look like a "Garage" league rather than the fans

Yes fans sometimes need to class it up but no ones perfect. I think the fingers should be pointed elsewhere

Tintin
07-23-2008, 08:43 AM
I agree. The Team makes themselef look bad. I just wanted to say that some fans should not contribute to that.

Axeman
07-23-2008, 08:52 AM
Jim Brennan - Robert combination looked great with their back and forth runs. Trade cunningham. We've been going downhill but season's not over yet. With a great Captain like Brennan and total lack of scoring upfront you'd think Carver would get him more involved with the offence. i.e. more attacking runs, it worked on the first goal.

Tintin
07-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Jim Brennan - Robert combination looked great with their back and forth runs. Trade cunningham. We've been going downhill but season's not over yet. With a great Captain like Brennan and total lack of scoring upfront you'd think Carver would get him more involved with the offence. i.e. more attacking runs, it worked on the first goal.

Robert WAS NOT RUNNING. :taz:

He is very overrated.

mclaren
07-23-2008, 09:01 AM
Clearly I watched a different game than some of you last night - Robert was the only player with any threat.

RealG-TFC
07-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Braz can fuck off. I don't care if we look "classless". He was wasting so much time. What the fuck do I care about some 20 Impact fans saying "that's not nice" they can fuck off.

Tintin
07-23-2008, 09:07 AM
But he was hurt and TFC should not put themself in a position where you need every seconds to score the winning goal.

Pyeddo
07-23-2008, 09:13 AM

FUCKING THANK YOU

I was SO MAD when i heard them celebrating... we were yelling at them "WAY TO CELEBRATE A LOSS YOU FUCKING TARDS"

ugh, SO mad at that...thank you for bringing it up

RealG-TFC
07-23-2008, 09:19 AM
I dont think they were celebrating. I think they were just having some fun. It's all they can do after a loss like that. Fuck you guys get pissed too easily.

Tintin
07-23-2008, 09:20 AM
FUCKING THANK YOU

I was SO MAD when i heard them celebrating... we were yelling at them "WAY TO CELEBRATE A LOSS YOU FUCKING TARDS"

ugh, SO mad at that...thank you for bringing it up

I know, I was there too and I was Mad as well. The problem is there we are mad but will come back and buy tickets, pay 12.75 for a beer. I know that fans must support the Team when things are bas as well, but I think we need to make a statement to the organisation like we plan on doing at the all-star game.

Why not wear white shirts at the next game to show that we are wawing a white flag...We are too loyal in my opinion.

king10
07-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Robert WAS NOT RUNNING. :taz:

He is very overrated.

robert made some great timed runs and caused problems for the mtl defenders.. one run in particular where he cut in btw. 2 mtl defenders causing them both to foul him in a dangerous position stands out

Tintin
07-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Ok, he makes little runs but he is not in constant movment as a mid should be. Most of the times, he is very static.

Davenport
07-23-2008, 09:45 AM

The trouble with a lot of people on this board is they know nothing about the game.
Sutton made a huge mistake on the goal and was caught in no-mans land. Very poor goalkeeping.
That one goal cost us the game....end of.

Fort York Redcoat
07-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Sutton wasn't tested more then thrice and he let one go by. I'm not going to give him the goat, though. There were 9 men in front of him that couldn't score.

jwfm1985
07-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Ok, he makes little runs but he is not in constant movment as a mid should be. Most of the times, he is very static.

Sometime, yes. Not last night, he played very well.

nimamalek
07-23-2008, 09:51 AM
anyone know where i can find the highlights for last nights game?

T.Reis
07-23-2008, 09:57 AM
Just my thoughts,

Wynee played amazing, best player taking the ball forward, that's saying a lot seeing as how he's a RB.

When your people going to wake up and see that Brennan is Shite. Yes he's passionate, yes he's our captain, but my God this guy is so over-rated. Only reason he was noticed in the game last night was the few times when Robert was on his side of the field, Laurent did a good job of drawing defenders to him allowing Brennan some room to push forward with the ball.

I will say that Brennan is an above-par crosser of the ball, but with no post (target) man in the box, Jimmy being out there is pointless because his lack of speed and creativity in the attacking side of the field is really sub-par.

I guess this turned into a small rant, but I can't see how people continue to find ways to praise Brennan, while the solid play this season of Carl Robinson and (espically) Tyrone Marshall have gone virtuously unnoticed.

olegunnar
07-23-2008, 09:57 AM
The trouble with a lot of people on this board is they know nothing about the game.
Sutton made a huge mistake on the goal and was caught in no-mans land. Very poor goalkeeping.
That one goal cost us the game....end of.

I agree 100% and have been saying it all year.

Sutton is a big lanky guy and he gets in the way of a lot of shots (I think since shots are obvious, and the fact he went to shoeless one post game are the reasons this board has a hard on for him)

However, his positioning is bad.

His distribution is attrocious, surprising people in the south end don't comment on it because from that perspective it's so obvious

and my main issue with Sutton is how bad he is on crosses and corners. he's either stapled to his line, or he rushes out, then comes back, then hesitates, and gets caught out.

He's 6'6 he should own the 6 yard box....but he looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane.

T.Reis
07-23-2008, 10:06 AM
I agree 100% and have been saying it all year.

Sutton is a big lanky guy and he gets in the way of a lot of shots (I think since shots are obvious, and the fact he went to shoeless one post game are the reasons this board has a hard on for him)

However, his positioning is bad.

His distribution is attrocious, surprising people in the south end don't comment on it because from that perspective it's so obvious

and my main issue with Sutton is how bad he is on crosses and corners. he's either stapled to his line, or he rushes out, then comes back, then hesitates, and gets caught out.

He's 6'6 he should own the 6 yard box....but he looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane.

Agree that he made a mistake last night.
Also agree with the fact that most people on here don't know their footie as well as they think they do.

But, Sutton's having a good season. It was a shame last night, but call it how it is and not how it feels. A good keeper having a good year, however, made a costly error last night.

Parkdale
07-23-2008, 10:40 AM
agreed that Brennan seems to be 'untouchable' when it comes to criticism.
He's one of our better players when it comes to consistency, but when he's off,
he's rarely called out for having a shit performance. I guess that's the perk he gets.

GabrielHurl
07-23-2008, 10:45 AM
I dont think they were celebrating. I think they were just having some fun. It's all they can do after a loss like that. Fuck you guys get pissed too easily.

So you aren't pissed about last night?

Axeman
07-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Just my thoughts,

Wynee played amazing, best player taking the ball forward, that's saying a lot seeing as how he's a RB.

When your people going to wake up and see that Brennan is Shite. Yes he's passionate, yes he's our captain, but my God this guy is so over-rated. Only reason he was noticed in the game last night was the few times when Robert was on his side of the field, Laurent did a good job of drawing defenders to him allowing Brennan some room to push forward with the ball.

I will say that Brennan is an above-par crosser of the ball, but with no post (target) man in the box, Jimmy being out there is pointless because his lack of speed and creativity in the attacking side of the field is really sub-par.

I guess this turned into a small rant, but I can't see how people continue to find ways to praise Brennan, while the solid play this season of Carl Robinson and (espically) Tyrone Marshall have gone virtuously unnoticed.

How anyone could say our only all-star, former premier league player, is shite is beyond me. He's dangerous with the ball, if he didn't make the run forward from his defensive position TFC would've lost 1-0 to Mtl. He's good at free kicks(though doesn't tale many with Robert assuming that role), a lot of goals are scored of his crosses, oh yeah and he's great at defence too. He's the general at the back, and a half dozen times in the game he puts TFC instantly on the attack from his defensive position with one kick.

But sure your right, he should be scoring more, heading the ball in the net, and while your at it he should coach the youth team as well right?

Give me a break

Pyeddo
07-23-2008, 10:59 AM

Obviously you were not there. Save comments for things you actually have direct knowledge of and not just ones you just assume to know about.

I get pissed when PT fans cheer their way home after a loss. Maybe its just me, but then again, I'm pretty passionate about this team and the game itself.

RealG-TFC
07-23-2008, 11:11 AM
So you aren't pissed about last night?

Yeah I'm pissed, but it's not worth me getting enraged. I try to see the positives of this.

1. Ricketts' goal was awesome
2. It will make it even sweeter next year when Montreal comes (and we beat them).

Obviously you were not there. Save comments for things you actually have direct knowledge of and not just ones you just assume to know about.

I get pissed when PT fans cheer their way home after a loss. Maybe its just me, but then again, I'm pretty passionate about this team and the game itself.

Maybe it was at a different time but I was in the tunnel too when ppl were banging.

GabrielHurl
07-23-2008, 11:12 AM

It's all part of the TFC experience, dontcha know?

Pyeddo
07-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Yes... that "experience" I've heard so much about.

I feel the "atmosphere" every game, no doubt, as I sit in the south end, and we the fans create that atmosphere (which is simply amazing)... but experience? not sure what that's about..... so far i've experienced the following feelings watching TFC:

sadness
doubt
sadness
disgust

I take it this is the MLSE experience... i remember feeling it last time I was in the ACC

RealG-TFC
07-23-2008, 11:22 AM
You haven't experienced joy at BMO?!?!?

Pyeddo
07-23-2008, 11:24 AM
On occasion?... however its faded from my memory... been a while since we've had fuck all to really be joyful for

Hurrah! Danny's out!
Hurrah! We didn't sign a striker!
Hurrah! They're subbing Cunny in!!!!!!

etc..etc....

Forgive me, i'm sour today.

Pachuco
07-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Clearly I watched a different game than some of you last night - Robert was the only player with any threat.

In the first half. Second half Robert just gave up and was total shite.

Pinkie
07-23-2008, 11:43 AM
fuck those people in tunnel after the game. fuck those ppl cheering in the streetcar.
fuck ppl AT THE GAME saying oh well its just a soccer game..

i was gutted...and so were the true supporters such as the ones i saw after the game.

the players didn't even have the balls to come and acknowledge our support.

why is it that when we have braz hes a sive...but when he plays against us...NO PROBLEMS.

sorry if my post doesn't make sense. i'm still pissed, didn't sleep much and have to deal with shitty shitty work.

Dirk Diggler
07-23-2008, 01:37 PM
I can't believe that people think anyone played well last night. Like people have half the starting lineup penciled in as "played well". That could not be farther from the truth. Just because we managed to keep possession against a USL team means absolutely nothing. Anyone can do that shit if they want to. The fact is that urgency to score goals and make quality chances never hit the team. Aside from the first 20 minutes or so, the entire team was shit. I've been hearing lots of "Brennan was amazing" crap. Were you guys watching the same game as the rest of us? Everyone in my section noticed how he was getting beat multiple times.... and I'm not even referring to the Montreal goal (which was 100% Sutton's fault btw). The Brennan - Robert combo was definitely not working. If both Toronto and Montreal had DP strikers, the game would still be a draw since both teams were in need of some finishing. They had more "gimmes" than us. Don't know how people can keep on praising the defence and the midfield when that is the case.

Also, I think it was Velez (not completely sure though) who still showed how poor he is at adapting to the field turf. I remember him completely mistiming his jump for balls off the pitch atleast a couple of times yesterday. Seriously, that should be the least of our concerns at this point of the season but apparently not. Teams with good strikers can make the backline pay for amateur mistakes like that.

Cashcleaner
07-23-2008, 01:59 PM
While I would like to see more quality Canadians on TFC, I disagree completely. This has nothing to do with Canadians, and everything with our inability to put the ball in the back of the net. If we were dominating in the MLS, and played liked we did in the Cup, I would agree. But we aren't.

You are aware that the Impact only had 5 Canadians on the pitch last night, right?

Yes, but are you also aware that Vancouver fielded more Canadians as well, and we ended up with a loss and draw aganst them?

You would expect that we would have buried the Whitecaps for both matches, but obviously that's not what happened. Furthermore, we had the worst record against them. At least we can say we beat Montreal once, but did we get a victory against Vancouver? No.

graeme117
07-23-2008, 02:45 PM
(I know some of this is repeating what others have written but I've just got to say it and move on)

I'm a liverpool supporter, born and raised. I've seen plenty of cup crash outs, I've experience gutting losses and incredible come-backs. What makes the draw last night more painful, than lets say LFC's loss in the FA cup to Barnsley, is that it was not a one-off.

This is not a case of a lower division team coming in, rising to the occasion, and shocking the favourites, this is not an any-given day scenario, this is our team losing over 4 ties, winning only one match. I can't even begin to justify our performance(s), and our inability to get the results we needed... it defies all the cliches I've used to lift my spirits in the past. This is just a stunning failure, and the team should have its heads down.

This is also awful business by MLSE, because their staff did not do what they should have, i.e. making sure we had the players to win, when they had the resources at their disposal to do so.

Imagine pursuing a prestigious contract for a company you work for, and you lose out to a competitor because you didn't hire the right person to do a job, even though you had made funds available. You would be fired.

I'm not saying that Mo or JC need to go, but their bosses should be making it clear to them that they have just lost out on revenue for the company, and have also lost a major draw to the club for future players: playing at the highest level. Beside disappointing their fan base and making us look like chumps.

The only positives I can take from this debacle is I'll have a little more cash in my pockets this fall, and that Canada has a football tournament w/ legitimate rivalries, and worthwhile prize. Unlike MLS with its manufactured BS *cough* trillium cup *cough*

If anyone from MLSE is on the boards today, please be wary of doubling the insult and raising season ticket prices next year. If you do raise prices, considering all the love and support (read in $) we give you already, it will absolutely infuriate me. If you cannot reward us with results on the pitch, you should reward us off it. I reward you week after week with my hard earned cash, banners that take my friends and I hours to make, and singing - until I bleed - what do you do?

My support is unconditional, I'll be there for every home game, and the odd away match when I have the cash. But I find this very hard to take, and humiliating, I want solutions to our current form, I want progress in the FO as well as on the field... I want a reason to sing for our club and players!

I think this season can be salvaged with a playoff birth, but if the players are going to treat this season like a write-off already, as their recent efforts have suggested, then move them out, we lose nothing.

Rawkus_420
07-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Robert was having a good game, untilt hey stopped feedign him the ball, he put several good crosses in, then there was a span of about 30 mins in the second half where he was ALWAYS wide open and we fed him the ball maybe once and it was bad no look little flick pass from brennan that he had to back track to get....he just got fed up after that...he's a cocky frenchman ,and hes good if you give him the chance, I think the fact that he wasn't getting passes pissed him off, so he kind of got out of synch....oh and yes everyone else was crap.....I thought robinson played ok, btu thats about it.

Glenchen29
07-23-2008, 08:37 PM
The loss was the same feeling like when you leave a leaf game :noidea: Roberto was awesome on corners, how we missed at the end is still beyond me. I don't agree with playing 1-5-4, would have liked to seen Smith or Cunningham start up front with Ibee and Wynne and Robert were open all game up the side and can throw in a good cross when they get it but they seem to have gotten away from playing that style. When Brennan comes down the side with a cross things happen!

TFC111
07-25-2008, 09:25 PM
I am just watching a repeat of Tuesday's Toronto v. Montreal on GolTV. The only person who had worst touches on the ball than Cunny in the night was Velez. Cunny is obviously the usual goat, but Velez was particularly awful in this game. It's really now time for a Marshall-James partnership in the middle of the back four. James is just far too athletic and soccer smart to be kept down.

ExiledRed
07-25-2008, 09:44 PM
(I know some of this is repeating what others have written but I've just got to say it and move on)

I'm a liverpool supporter, born and raised. I've seen plenty of cup crash outs, I've experience gutting losses and incredible come-backs. What makes the draw last night more painful, than lets say LFC's loss in the FA cup to Barnsley, is that it was not a one-off.

This is not a case of a lower division team coming in, rising to the occasion, and shocking the favourites, this is not an any-given day scenario, this is our team losing over 4 ties, winning only one match. I can't even begin to justify our performance(s), and our inability to get the results we needed... it defies all the cliches I've used to lift my spirits in the past. This is just a stunning failure, and the team should have its heads down.

This is also awful business by MLSE, because their staff did not do what they should have, i.e. making sure we had the players to win, when they had the resources at their disposal to do so.

Imagine pursuing a prestigious contract for a company you work for, and you lose out to a competitor because you didn't hire the right person to do a job, even though you had made funds available. You would be fired.

I'm not saying that Mo or JC need to go, but their bosses should be making it clear to them that they have just lost out on revenue for the company, and have also lost a major draw to the club for future players: playing at the highest level. Beside disappointing their fan base and making us look like chumps.

The only positives I can take from this debacle is I'll have a little more cash in my pockets this fall, and that Canada has a football tournament w/ legitimate rivalries, and worthwhile prize. Unlike MLS with its manufactured BS *cough* trillium cup *cough*

If anyone from MLSE is on the boards today, please be wary of doubling the insult and raising season ticket prices next year. If you do raise prices, considering all the love and support (read in $) we give you already, it will absolutely infuriate me. If you cannot reward us with results on the pitch, you should reward us off it. I reward you week after week with my hard earned cash, banners that take my friends and I hours to make, and singing - until I bleed - what do you do?

My support is unconditional, I'll be there for every home game, and the odd away match when I have the cash. But I find this very hard to take, and humiliating, I want solutions to our current form, I want progress in the FO as well as on the field... I want a reason to sing for our club and players!

I think this season can be salvaged with a playoff birth, but if the players are going to treat this season like a write-off already, as their recent efforts have suggested, then move them out, we lose nothing.

Seconded, from the first word to the last.
Beautifully put G.

james
07-25-2008, 10:26 PM

ya it was stupid, i was furious. you dont celebrate after a big loss like that.

james
07-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Seconded, from the first word to the last.
Beautifully put G.

ill 3rd that!

my same thinking.

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
07-25-2008, 10:33 PM
I thought Robert played great, besides one really bad corner kick. But oh well...very disappointing.

OH MY GOD I KNOW he was running circles around everyone in the first half , his best tfc game by far :taz::taz::taz::taz: