PDA

View Full Version : David Villa to NYC FC

Oblio2
05-29-2014, 01:11 PM
http://www.espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1836517/nyc-fc-close-deal-atletico-madrid-david-villa-source-says?cc=5901

TFC07
05-29-2014, 01:14 PM
Great signing for NYC FC.

Walms
05-29-2014, 01:54 PM
and it begins

mowe
05-29-2014, 02:24 PM
Great signing. I'm excited to see what other DPs they bring in. 2015 should be a fun year with NYCFC's lineup and Orlando with Kaka and potentially Robinho joining.

Voodooman
05-29-2014, 02:39 PM
Walms beat me to it but im wondering who is going to be the first Man City player

trane
05-29-2014, 05:29 PM
Fuck. He is not my type of player. But fuck world class no fucking doubt.

Gazza
05-29-2014, 05:57 PM
He'll tear this league a Defoe.

Milanista
05-29-2014, 06:00 PM
As a Milan fan, id love to see robi and kaka leave Milan for MLS.They should go to MLS bc they aren't that great anymore

Great signing. I'm excited to see what other DPs they bring in. 2015 should be a fun year with NYCFC's lineup and Orlando with Kaka and potentially Robinho joining.

trane
05-29-2014, 06:05 PM
^ Yes, I am with you. If we can get some decent money for both, I am all for it, I love what kaka did for us, in the past, but bringing him back was one of the many mistakes they made this season.

prizby
05-29-2014, 07:19 PM
so will he be on loan to Man city from July to December?

brad
05-29-2014, 07:55 PM
so will he be on loan to Man city from July to December?

I was sort of thinking that myself (thinking January to whenever the league starts though).

Detroit_TFC
05-29-2014, 08:18 PM
I'm surprised by the Villa news but it's good. Provides a bit of counterpoint to the farm team issue. I thought for sure one of the out of contract or released MCFC players would be the first for NYCFC to sign.

ensco
05-29-2014, 09:15 PM
Why not loan him to an MLS team?

habstfc
05-29-2014, 11:03 PM
I don't believe this. I wonder what he'll think of playing in Yankees stadium for 3 years. Just a rumour I think.

molenshtain
05-30-2014, 12:46 AM

Fort York Redcoat
05-30-2014, 06:18 AM
I don't believe this. I wonder what he'll think of playing in Yankees stadium for 3 years. Just a rumour I think.

Well it's definitely one year.

C.Ronaldo
05-30-2014, 08:56 AM
Why not loan him to an MLS team?

good point, it is an mls contract afterall

Milanista
05-30-2014, 10:46 AM
I agree Kaka is a legend but time has passed him by, time for a new younger Milan. I am praying we sign ITURBE...best young player in serie a...soooo gooddd.

As for Robinho....who cares lol, guy plays well every 10 games

^ Yes, I am with you. If we can get some decent money for both, I am all for it, I love what kaka did for us, in the past, but bringing him back was one of the many mistakes they made this season.

Yohan
05-31-2014, 04:00 PM
Apparently Villa has signed with NYCFC with Lampard

LFC8
05-31-2014, 05:47 PM
Lampard and Villa!!!??? Makes Defoe and Bradley feel like 'okay' signings lol

TFC1154ever
05-31-2014, 06:38 PM
I'd still rather have Defoe and Bradley, but those are two good signings.

JuliquE
05-31-2014, 07:27 PM
Lampard and Villa!!!??? Makes Defoe and Bradley feel like 'okay' signings lol
... b'ahhahha!

That is all.

ManUtd4ever
06-01-2014, 09:55 AM
I'd rather have Defoe and Bradley at this stage of their careers, but Villa and Lampard would be phenomenal acquisitions for NYCFC and MLS.

habstfc
06-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Well it's definitely one year. I'm pretty sure it's three years.

james
06-02-2014, 01:48 AM
to bad NYC play in Yankee stadium, will be UGLY!!!! they should of not let NYC join the league till they get construction at least started on the new stadium until they join MLS. Hell Atlanta doesn't join until 2018 I believe? should of done same with NYC, instead they play a minimum 3 years, but could be 5 or 6 or who knows when at Yankee stadium.

pdubs
06-02-2014, 09:03 AM
I love when the league adds this type of quality. We made a big splash this pass offseason but I like that NYCFC is trying to one up us. Hope Orlando adds in some top quality as well.

Milanista
06-02-2014, 09:05 AM
bradley is way better than lampard at this stage in his career and defoe fits MLS perfectly. Villa is world class but you can tell the guy is slowing down and not sure his style of play will suit MLS like it does for Defoe.

TFC07
06-02-2014, 09:11 AM
I'd still rather have Defoe and Bradley, but those are two good signings.

There were rumours that Lampard was interested coming to Toronto this year, but TFC decided not to pursue him though. At this point of his career, I could see why TFC didn't want to sign him.

Canary10
06-02-2014, 09:13 AM
Villa was officially announced this morning. Exciting for the league!

ryan
06-02-2014, 09:37 AM
... b'ahhahha!

That is all.

Hold on a sec....

LOLOLOL!

Ok, now that's it.

mowe
06-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Their first signing is David Villa. Talk about kicking off in style.

OgtheDim
06-02-2014, 10:19 AM
Great signing for the league...less so Lampard, who really is looking like he's over here to retire. Wondering how Lampard will do in an evening game in Houston or Orlando in July.

fdasilva
06-02-2014, 11:05 AM
It's a bloody big deal (sorry just had to)!

ensco
06-02-2014, 11:10 AM
Villa I get. Lampard, not so much.

I still wonder if these guys are buying Bradley from us at year end.

Oblio2
06-02-2014, 11:15 AM
They have 2 great players there. Lamaprd still has it...however, they will be 2 good players surrounded by cack.

burlington Red
06-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Lampard will do well here, still a quality player. Just coming off a season with Chelsea where he played a lot of games for a team many thought were going to win PL. He didn't score as many goals last season as he normally does, but I'd say he will bag quite a few in MLS. To have that goal scoring threat from mid in any league is a valuable commodity to have.

Voodooman
06-02-2014, 11:53 AM
So what exactly is the plan for them to do for a year? Go on loan? Train with Man City..?

OgtheDim
06-02-2014, 12:17 PM
They have 2 great players there. Lamaprd still has it...however, they will be 2 good players surrounded by cack.

The difference here is

a) their manager knows what he is doing within MLS

b) they have a ton of money

c) the quality available in the expansion draft will in theory give them a lot to work with

Their biggest issue will be MCFC people meddling and thinking that what works in Europe works here - it doesn't, as already proven by the stadium missteps.

kuku
06-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Total MLS ‏@TotalMLS (https://twitter.com/TotalMLS) 13m (https://twitter.com/TotalMLS/status/473526693684977664)
Portland's DP defender is Joleon Lescott, via @TaylorTwellman (https://twitter.com/TaylorTwellman). If Taylor says it, it's going to be true. #MLS (https://twitter.com/hashtag/MLS?src=hash)

Canary10
06-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Total MLS ‏@TotalMLS (https://twitter.com/TotalMLS) 13m (https://twitter.com/TotalMLS/status/473526693684977664)
Portland's DP defender is Joleon Lescott, via @TaylorTwellman (https://twitter.com/TaylorTwellman). If Taylor says it, it's going to be true. #MLS (https://twitter.com/hashtag/MLS?src=hash)

i was wondering what that was about on twitter. Wow if true. And how does the league defend that one? Is he a bigger name than Melberg?

Detroit_TFC
06-02-2014, 01:47 PM
I say that OM was more strategically important for TFC at the time by far.

Not sure this Lescott acquisition will actually happen. JL likely has other offers in England, all with similar financials. But if he wants to go to Portland, all it will take is one phone call from Soriano to Garber and this will be good to go*. Because that's the way business gets done in The MLS. We were beneficiaries of that process recently (kinda, with MB) so I'm not going to get so sniffy about it.

* yes JL is out of contract but could easy see MCFC wanting to do him a favor

Canary10
06-02-2014, 01:53 PM
I say that OM was more strategically important for TFC at the time by far.

Not sure this Lescott acquisition will actually happen. JL likely has other offers in England, all with similar financials. But if he wants to go to Portland, all it will take is one phone call from Soriano to Garber and this will be good to go*. Because that's the way business gets done in The MLS. We were beneficiaries of that process recently (kinda, with MB) so I'm not going to get so sniffy about it.

* yes JL is out of contract but could easy see MCFC wanting to do him a favor

It sounds like there are a few teams in the PL who want him.

brad
06-02-2014, 02:00 PM
Lampard is interesting. He will be close to 37 by the time he kicks a ball in the MLS. I wonder how long his contract is.

Areathrasher
06-02-2014, 02:20 PM
He wanted more than they year extension Chelsea were offering so it's at least 2 years.

LFC8
06-02-2014, 05:03 PM
i was wondering what that was about on twitter. Wow if true. And how does the league defend that one? Is he a bigger name than Melberg?

He'd probably be the best CB this league has seen so far. Not saying he's that good....just that we haven't really seen any big DP defenders besides Marquez and Nesta and they were way past their prime.

Super
06-02-2014, 05:12 PM
Lescott is a solid defender. Easily the best CB this league has ever seen. No question about that, on paper anyway. Also he's young'ish. Turning 32 this August. So could easily put in 3 years in Portland. Not a terrible move. I don't think signing CB's as DP's is that terrible of an idea. RB and LB, sure.

LFC8
06-02-2014, 06:35 PM
BTW all Twellman said was that Portland have an offer on the table for him. I still see QPR getting him.

Ivy
06-03-2014, 02:21 AM
Villa I get. Lampard, not so much.

I still wonder if these guys are buying Bradley from us at year end.
What are they gonna give us for him? 30 draft picks, 6 international spots and all the allocation money in the league? Bradley signed for 6 years... It's gonna be a hella pricey deal, not worth it for NYCFC.

ensco
06-03-2014, 06:14 AM
What are they gonna give us for him? 30 draft picks, 6 international spots and all the allocation money in the league? Bradley signed for 6 years... It's gonna be a hella pricey deal, not worth it for NYCFC.

A $10M transfer. The Sheiks can afford it.

Has a handshake been in place from the beginning? Putting Bradley in Canada is a mistake from league marketing POV - he's better used in New York, and TFC can make a big new splash in the offseason ...

Why was Bez in Lisbon?

brad
06-03-2014, 07:10 AM

Has a handshake been in place from the beginning? Putting Bradley in Canada is a mistake from league marketing POV - he's better used in New York, and TFC can make a big new splash in the offseason ...

Why was Bez in Lisbon?

I don't think it will happen.

But, I agree 100% about what Ensco said about marketing. And I also agree that the league would prefer him in a major US market as a result. They want NYCFC to succeed in a big way.

However, this all comes down to Bradley IMHO and whether or not he wants to stay here or go elsewhere. If he wants to go - he is gone. It won't matter what we want or what the rules are because the league will make it happen. That is what they do. We might get a lot back, or they might just invent a new "Transfer of USMNT Designated Players" rule or some such nonsense to make it happen.

But I think it is all a wash - I don't see Bradley wanting to walk a year after signing.

Oldtimer
06-03-2014, 08:11 AM
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/36500000/Uncle-Scrooge-McDuck-image-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-36553554-1024-768.jpg

You can do a lot with money.

[mod mode] BTW, this thread is about Villa. Other non-TFC transfer news/rumours/commentary belongs here: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?35214-2014-MLS-%28non-TFC%29-transfers-rumours-thread [/mod mode] :topic:

Red CB Toronto
06-03-2014, 10:11 AM
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/36500000/Uncle-Scrooge-McDuck-image-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-36553554-1024-768.jpg

You can do a lot with money.

[mod mode] BTW, this thread is about Villa. Other non-TFC transfer news/rumours/commentary belongs here: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?35214-2014-MLS-%28non-TFC%29-transfers-rumours-thread [/mod mode] :topic:

I think this thread is really about the money NYC will be spending, and if The General becomes on of their targets, then it all flows into the same place, right here, right now. Man I am ready for it.

notthesun
06-03-2014, 11:55 AM

But MLS teams can't pay transfer fees for MLS players, and the league would not bend that rule. The only way Bradley moves anywhere is an insane package deal.

ensco
06-03-2014, 12:14 PM
But MLS teams can't pay transfer fees for MLS players, and the league would not bend that rule. The only way Bradley moves anywhere is an insane package deal.

Qatar 2022 rules will apply for this team. You watch.

TFC07
06-03-2014, 12:45 PM
I can easily see MLS bending rules to get Bradley to play for NYC FC. TFC will be rewarded tons of allocation money and plus have other owners (really will be NYC FC ownership only) paying transfer fee for TFC future DP signing(s?) in return for Bradley. TFC would be crazy not to think about it if they were offer this deal.

tfcleeds
06-03-2014, 07:13 PM
I can easily see MLS bending rules to get Bradley to play for NYC FC. TFC will be rewarded tons of allocation money and plus have other owners (really will be NYC FC ownership only) paying transfer fee for TFC future DP signing(s?) in return for Bradley. TFC would be crazy not to think about it if they were offer this deal.

This has been hinted at ever since he first signed for us. I really hope this will prove NOT to be the case.

mowe
06-03-2014, 09:02 PM
This has been hinted at ever since he first signed for us. I really hope this will prove NOT to be the case.

Where has this been "hinted"? Only time I've seen it mentioned is by paranoid fans on this board. Michael Bradley is NOT going to NYCFC. There is no handshake agreement in place, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

The league can't force TFC to give up their best player. You think Leiweke and Nelson are just going to sit back and give away the guy who they're building their team around the next 6 years? Whatever transfer fee we get is not going buy a player of Bradley's calibre at 26 years old.

Did anyone ever stop to think that the league WOULDN'T want Bradley in New York? They want parity and stars in every market. Believe it or not Toronto is also an important market for the league. MLS doesn't need to help the richest club in the league, they are going to be fine. NYCFC will probably sign Xavi or someone, they don't need Bradley.

This all stems from Toronto's inferiority complex. We couldn't believe Michael Bradley would ever want to come here so when he signed there HAD to be something behind the scenes that would explain it. Except maybe Bradley is telling the truth that he wants to build something special in Toronto. Sure we're paying him a shit load of money but most people don't even consider the possibility that he WANTS to be in Toronto.

Michael Bradley will never play for NYCFC. They can find another star that doesn't already play for an MLS team. In fact I am willing to put money on it. Up to $200, anyone on this board.

ensco
06-03-2014, 09:12 PM
^Actually, to my knowledge, I am, proudly, the only person who has ever posted this. I said it the day he was signed, and today.

Bradley belongs in a big US market and we would get more bang for the buck from another Defoe type signing. If you don't see that, to each his own.

This is not an inferiority complex thing. My theory is Bradley came to Toronto because he was in motion, MLS wanted him in the fold, NYCFC wanted him, it gave Leiweke a huge splash, and they all agreed to figure out the NYCFC part at the end of 2014. I am not sure TFC would be 100% obligated, and a lot turns on what Bradley would want.

Only the paranoid survive. Especially around here! g:D

ManUtd4ever
06-03-2014, 10:22 PM
For the record, Bradley acknowledged that he had a comparable offer from SKC in the off season, and he chose Toronto. If MLS wanted him in an American market, it could have happened already, but invariably, the league can't force players to sign with specific clubs. It's still ultimately the player's decision.

I don't think Bradley is going anywhere, and we're extremely fortunate to have him.

mowe
06-03-2014, 11:13 PM
Bradley belongs in a big US market and we would get more bang for the buck from another Defoe type signing. If you don't see that, to each his own.

Disagree. Just getting him back in MLS is a huge plus for the league. We play 90% of our games against US teams anyway.

TFC's plan last offseason was always one major "A" DP and one lower profile "B" DP. This is a fact and has been confirmed by multiple people. They already made their huge splash with Defoe, and Gilberto was their younger, cheaper signing. Leiweke was done, Defoe was the main attraction and the focus of the marketing (as seen by the huge Bloody Big Deal campaign which was planned for months).

The whole Bradley thing started late last December when his agent, after seeing the cash TFC spent on Defoe, contacted Tim Bez directly and asked if he was interested. We naturally jumped at the chance to get a player like Bradley and made our pitch to him. Only after he agreed to come here did the league get involved. In the interest of parity they opened up the floor for bids but Toronto was always the only destination.

His agent steered him to Toronto directly, not via MLS. NYCFC weren't even in the picture. I'm pretty sure Kreis hadn't even started at his job yet. And I'll say it again, they don't need Bradley. They can find marketable stars no problem. Meanwhile MLS is just happy to have him in the league. If it wasn't for TFC he'd be on another team in Europe.

JuliquE
06-04-2014, 05:50 AM
Hold on a sec....

LOLOLOL!

Ok, now that's it.
This guy's alright. heh

^Actually, to my knowledge, I am, proudly, the only person who has ever posted this. I said it the day he was signed, and today.

This is not an inferiority complex thing. My theory is Bradley came to Toronto because he was in motion, MLS wanted him in the fold, NYCFC wanted him, it gave Leiweke a huge splash, and they all agreed to figure out the NYCFC part at the end of 2014. I am not sure TFC would be 100% obligated, and a lot turns on what Bradley would want.

Only the paranoid survive. Especially around here! g:D
Disagree (see mowe's last post).. but, I always do appreciate your playing devil's advocate, and admire the way you (more often than not) laugh off criticisms; helps encourage a more positive exchange, which is always refreshing.

Yohan
06-04-2014, 02:15 PM
there's this thing that MLS teams can't buy players from each other with transfer fees. only allocation money, draft picks and other considerations

not saying MLS FO will amend the rules for NYCFC, but that's the way it is right now

Beach_Red
06-04-2014, 03:20 PM
For the record, Bradley acknowledged that he had a comparable offer from SKC in the off season, and he chose Toronto. If MLS wanted him in an American market, it could have happened already, but invariably, the league can't force players to sign with specific clubs. It's still ultimately the player's decision.

I don't think Bradley is going anywhere, and we're extremely fortunate to have him.

This plays into Ensco's theory - maybe SKC refused to make the handshake deal... It's hard to imagine Bradley buried in Canada for six years while MLS tries to get established in NYC.

It's not even a matter of wanting to be in NYC, it's a matter of needing to be. If MLS can't be a big deal in New York then the league has likely hit a plateau.

Jack
06-04-2014, 04:02 PM
It's quite conceivable that a big-name international player will draw just as well in NYC as Bradley. I don't think having him play in Canada will have much effect on the success of that team. Villa is a great signing, as is Lampard, but they will probably aim even higher in the future. They'll wave around their petro-dollars and bring in a huge name. Probably the biggest name to hit MLS since Beckham (who is still the only global-level superstar we've had - although Henry is a close second).

The World Cup being in our time zone this summer means some big names will be exposed to North American audiences, which means more name exposure for players who perform. I'm sure there will be some huge offers on the table.

OgtheDim
06-04-2014, 04:26 PM
MLS doesn't need Bradley in an American town. Playing against American teams each week is enough.

Now, a Ronaldo or Messi? They have to be either with the Galaxy or the nuckfuks. And those are the only two players in the world that would make US based Euro snobs go, "Wow!"

ensco
06-04-2014, 04:38 PM
There are several good posts above that are missing the thrust of my point.

My point is that Leiweke was and is motivated to see this as a 2014 booster shot only because he isn't really getting full value for his $40M in Bradley in Toronto, whereas the right US team would.

In NY, Bradley and Defoe are an equal draw (I'm talking about driving revenues, not what real soccer fans would say, the majority here, including me, would pick Bradley 10x out of 10). In Toronto they are not.

If Bradley wants to stay, he stays.

Jack
06-04-2014, 05:06 PM
There are several good posts above that are missing the thrust of my point.

My point is that Leiweke was and is motivated to see this as a 2014 booster shot only because he isn't really getting full value for his $40M in Bradley in Toronto, whereas the right US team would.

In NY, Bradley and Defoe are an equal draw (I'm talking about driving revenues, not what real soccer fans would say, the majority here, including me, would pick Bradley 10x out of 10). In Toronto they are not.

If Bradley wants to stay, he stays.

I get your point, I just don't think that NYCFC would maximize Bradley's value, either. The US supporters who love the sport are your low-hanging fruit. My theory is that they'd get more mileage out of a world-level name than they would from Bradley. And if it isn't NYC, I don't know why Bradley moves to another MLS club.

While Tim L isn't getting max value out of Bradley, he has locked up the core player of the team for half a dozen years. That's plenty of time to build around him, win a couple of cups and sail off into the sunset. And Bradley can also go south once he's cemented his legend status (or proven to be yet another MLSE failure). It's still good business for Tim L to have him here, though I agree it isn't maximizing his marketing value.

tfcleeds
06-04-2014, 07:23 PM
Where has this been "hinted"? Only time I've seen it mentioned is by paranoid fans on this board. Michael Bradley is NOT going to NYCFC. There is no handshake agreement in place, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

The league can't force TFC to give up their best player. You think Leiweke and Nelson are just going to sit back and give away the guy who they're building their team around the next 6 years? Whatever transfer fee we get is not going buy a player of Bradley's calibre at 26 years old.

Did anyone ever stop to think that the league WOULDN'T want Bradley in New York? They want parity and stars in every market. Believe it or not Toronto is also an important market for the league. MLS doesn't need to help the richest club in the league, they are going to be fine. NYCFC will probably sign Xavi or someone, they don't need Bradley.

This all stems from Toronto's inferiority complex. We couldn't believe Michael Bradley would ever want to come here so when he signed there HAD to be something behind the scenes that would explain it. Except maybe Bradley is telling the truth that he wants to build something special in Toronto. Sure we're paying him a shit load of money but most people don't even consider the possibility that he WANTS to be in Toronto.

Michael Bradley will never play for NYCFC. They can find another star that doesn't already play for an MLS team. In fact I am willing to put money on it. Up to $200, anyone on this board.

I agree with you in that I don't really believe, at the end of the day, Bradley will leave us for NYCFC. He's spent enough of his career abroad, I believe that's actually what he wants (to live and play abroad). But the paranoia remains. You just KNOW that's what MLS wants. (Personally, I think NYCFC will have enough star power, they won't need Bradley). It would be just this franchise's luck for the fans to embrace Bradley, only for him to leave in 2016 or so. He seems to be a straight-up guy, and I believe him - that he wants to be a part of a winning team here.

ManUtd4ever
06-04-2014, 09:45 PM
This plays into Ensco's theory - maybe SKC refused to make the handshake deal... It's hard to imagine Bradley buried in Canada for six years while MLS tries to get established in NYC.

It's not even a matter of wanting to be in NYC, it's a matter of needing to be. If MLS can't be a big deal in New York then the league has likely hit a plateau.

MLS doesn't need Bradley in NYC to establish that market. The organization has signed Villa and Lampard as their first two player acquisitions.

pdubs
06-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Melbourne City FC ‏@MelbourneCity (https://twitter.com/MelbourneCity) 27m (https://twitter.com/MelbourneCity/status/474378673454202881)
ANNOUNCEMENT | David Villa will join the Club for a period of the 2014-15 season > http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Melbourne-City-FC-Confirms-David-Villa/90758 … (http://t.co/9zDkgdOZ8Z) pic.twitter.com/LSIvaG06ml (http://t.co/LSIvaG06ml)

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Melbourne-City-FC-Confirms-David-Villa/90758

C.Ronaldo
06-05-2014, 09:24 AM
There is one player that will light up this league and be the face that it needs to attract the attention of the NFL american, and burn down hotels after a big match.

THIS MAN!

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJYTOEACAyLKEU4lDS6gegvKTjapbnz Zylt57IhYwz_2TFMyZHng

LFC8
06-05-2014, 11:21 AM
^They had an even better one. His name was David Beckham. I think alot of people forget that he singlehandedly put MLS on the map just by his 'fame' alone. The likes of Lampard, Henry and Defoe would never have come if it wasn't for him.

C.Ronaldo
06-05-2014, 02:30 PM
^They had an even better one. His name was David Beckham. I think alot of people forget that he singlehandedly put MLS on the map just by his 'fame' alone. The likes of Lampard, Henry and Defoe would never have come if it wasn't for him.

agreed, he did great things for this league but Beckham was never going to convert other sports fan's

Americans are about the highlight reels, touchdown dances and slam dunk showmanship.

With beckham gone, MLS needs a new hype machine. Bradley and Dempsey isn't it yet

LFC8
06-05-2014, 06:11 PM
^Yeah, u mean a guy that's always on the highlight reel and Ibra is that player. Coincidentally i ran into this article today. Looks like he might be here in 2016 (he will be 35 by then though).

http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4188/transfer-zone/2014/06/05/4863283/ibrahimovic-open-to-major-league-soccer-move?ICID=HP_BN_9