PDA

View Full Version : The Good vs. The Bad

barticusz
05-26-2014, 12:31 PM
There's been a few threads lately that jump to extremes. I thought it may be helpful to have a thread which gets people to think about this team from both sides rather than just one. For every positive thought add in a negative thought.. By summarizing which way you feel after each week (-5 to +5) it'll be interesting to see people's view of this team and how it trends over the year.

Round 12:

The Good:

- Our record at 4-4-1, is what I expected from this team. We're still a work in progress
- For once we should some fight, and clawed back to get points out of a game we didn't deserve anything from. (2-2 draw with SKC)
- New acquisitions have paid instant dividends. Bez continues to add pieces which help this club going forward.

The Bad:

- Our Canadians are dragging this team down. Bekker, Osorio, Henry need to get better, they just aren't good enough in my eyes.
- Our style of play is infuriating at times, which acknowledges the fact that we need more options in our lineup.
- Gilberto.. he doesn't seem to have any confidence and he's taking his time to adjust to the MLS. He needs to do more as a DP.

Trending: +1
As much as I hate our play I think we're stuck with it until our players either grow or new ones come in. We have too many guys that don't have any composure on the ball and buckle under the pressure. Overall I'm leaning towards being upbeat on this team, because we're still finding ways to win and I never expected to be at the top of the table.

MartinUtd
05-26-2014, 12:52 PM
The only thing overly negative in the Gilberto thread were all the strawmen arguments. Aside from that I've found most people to be very realistic and open to discussion regarding what's wrong and what's still a work in progress.

Not sure where Osorio is getting the bad press from, he's been injured much of this season and I expect better form after he's been able start 3-4 games in a row.

Bekker, yeah, not sure what to make of him. I'm hoping the coaches can help his game because he seems a bit frantic and in over his head once the pressure is on. When it's not, he lay out a nice pass, but so could a lot of players when nobody is on them.

Henry will improve. If Marvell Wynne can fine tune his game as a centre back at age 24 then so should Henry at 21, but better.

Ultra & Proud
05-26-2014, 12:54 PM
Good :

- After the past few seasons of woe to look at the MLS table and not see us on the bottom is both odd and pleasing to me.
- At times it looked like there could be some good football to come from us

Bad:

- Our possession is horrible and our inability to pass is the main cause. For the past few seasons, with different players and managers, I find our passing to be fairly dreadful.
- The lack of a legit AM is hurting us. Whether Bradley can carry some of that load with Warner here will be telling. If not then we need to look for someone.