View Full Version : Matchday 9: Toronto at Sporting Kansas City, 23 May 830pm

Pages : [1] 2 3

Yohan
05-18-2014, 10:05 AM
Probably toughest away game this year. And bunker mode will be on fully

Reminder that this game is on Fri

Abou Sky
05-18-2014, 11:23 AM
They will be missing Zusi and Besler, they have more depth than NYRB, but still exploitable.

I hope RN goes in trying to destroy them, 4-1-4-1 would be nice

Bendik
Bloom-Caldwell-Hagglund-Morroe
------------------Orr
Rey-Bekker-Warner-Osorio
--------Defoe

Sub in Jackson for Rey if we take a lead, Moor for Bekker if we need a goal.

I hope we don't play for a tie because if we can walk with 3 points, we should be able to get 3 more vs the Crew as they are decimated by World cup

OgtheDim
05-18-2014, 11:33 AM
Not sure about bunker mode as SKC has issues with defenders right now.

Probably go with the 4-4-2 this time as SKC plays with some width. Jackson to start instead of Rey, I think.

Canary10
05-18-2014, 11:37 AM
Philadelphia walked in and beat them so it can be done. Looks like Collin may miss too.

redisthenewblk
05-18-2014, 11:54 AM
Philadelphia walked in and beat them so it can be done. Looks like Collin may miss too.

GOOD. Collin drives me nuts. I can only imagine the shit he would try to pull on Defoe.

Yohan
05-18-2014, 03:39 PM
SKC defence is a mess. all CBs are either injured, suspended or called up for national team

Detroit_TFC
05-18-2014, 03:49 PM
If SKC has as many issues as they do today vs Chicago, we might have a good chance to come home with all 3 pts.

molenshtain
05-18-2014, 04:09 PM
Looking good for us, SKC are all over the place atm due to injuries, suspensions and call-ups. Hoping Defoe and Gilberto can make them pay. Their last resort 16 year old defender has just gotten sent off against Chicago.

notthesun
05-18-2014, 04:21 PM
Seattle and RSL away games were tougher than this is going to be. With the injuries and absences SKC has in defense, and now Palmer-Brown suspended, they're in tough. No Zusi either. Defoe should pot at least one and maybe Gilberto finally gets one as well.

Good chance at 3 points in a stadium where they'd usually be far more difficult to earn.

Canary10
05-18-2014, 05:45 PM
Just realized it's a Friday night game. That's kind of weird.

PopePouri
05-18-2014, 05:52 PM
Most likely lineup IMO given Jackson is passed fit:

---------Defoe---------Gilberto--------
---Osorio------Bekker---------Jackson-
---------------Warner-----------------
-Morrow---Caldwell---Hagglund--Bloom-
---------------Bendik-----------------

molenshtain
05-18-2014, 05:54 PM
Expect a lot more of those in the next few years with the new TV deals.

Edit: at canary^^

jloome
05-18-2014, 07:19 PM

Given the assist and his stalwart defensive play, I'd like to see him keep Orr at defensive midfield for another game. Might have something there, and he certainly didn't play in a manner that should cost him his spot.

LFC8
05-18-2014, 07:55 PM
^Yeah, can't see how Warner would take Orr's spot otherwise that's probably the lineup we will see. I'd like to see Moore upfront for a full game though. Can't keep giving the DP special treatment.

PopePouri
05-18-2014, 08:29 PM
Given the assist and his stalwart defensive play, I'd like to see him keep Orr at defensive midfield for another game. Might have something there, and he certainly didn't play in a manner that should cost him his spot.

I'm wary because Orr hasn't played that for position for almost a decade and I'd rather give the minutes to a guy who looks more like a long-term player and plays that spot. It becomes more a question of consistency.

OgtheDim
05-18-2014, 09:13 PM
Just realized it's a Friday night game. That's kind of weird.

Unimas is going to have a Friday night game starting next season. Get used to a lot of games from LA, Houston or Dallas on Friday nights.

Then there will be a Sunday 5 and 7 pm game each week on ESPN and Fox- we might get in those matches every once in awhile, especially the 5 pm one if we are facing somebody like SKC. Not sure TL is going to allow us to play a 7 pm Sunday night game at home, unless its a holiday weekend.

Pookie
05-19-2014, 07:24 AM
^ I guess it depends on whether the Argos are home that weekend

Abou Sky
05-19-2014, 07:46 AM
Expect a lot more of those in the next few years with the new TV deals.

Edit: at canary^^

I may take a ton of flak for this, but I would love to see games more spread out.

I really like MLS, and would love to see games on Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Wed

Even if it meant having to make it out to the park a couple of Mondays

prizby
05-19-2014, 08:51 AM
Collin - Injured
Beslar - World Cup
Opara - Injured
Olum - Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers
Palmer-Brown - Suspended

SKC have ZERO (0) natural centre backs available for selection on Friday from what I have gathered from some SKC guys...oh an Uri Rosell played CB at the Barca academy, but he is also out injured

probably back four for SKC is Juliao-Ellis-Myers-Sinovic (3 RB's) unless they do the back 5 again

With half an eye on the following Wednesday I can see a guy like Orr getting a rest since Warner is cup tied

Fort York Redcoat
05-20-2014, 08:45 AM
I may take a ton of flak for this, but I would love to see games more spread out.

Disagree. Consistency breeds tradition. But the Argos are scheduled that way.

trane
05-20-2014, 09:28 AM

He was quite good. I would like to see him there more as well, perhaps a regular partner with Bradley in the mid, either allowing Bradley to move up.

this is were I do not like managers who are stuck with one formation/system/shape, he has seen something in Orr, which is great, now if it continues, there could be great opportunities to get more out of the team by changing shape, but I do not see him doing it.

Pint
05-20-2014, 09:54 AM
I also liked Orr in that role but i think we will see warner playing that role on friday night for the simple reason of him being cup tied and us having some fixture congestion in the coming 2.5 weeks.

We play friday away - wednesday home - saturday home - wednesday away - saturday home

2 montreal
1 KC
1 Columbus
1 San Jose

We will need a fair amount of squad rotation during this stretch

Abou Sky
05-20-2014, 11:52 AM
Disagree. Consistency breeds tradition. But the Argos are scheduled that way.

Of course, I would like to see TFC games only on Saturdays with a 4:30pm - 7pm start, but I would give a little to be able to watch some games on Friday/Sun/Monday/Wed nights

Cas87
05-20-2014, 03:26 PM
I also liked Orr in that role but i think we will see warner playing that role on friday night for the simple reason of him being cup tied and us having some fixture congestion in the coming 2.5 weeks.

We play friday away - wednesday home - saturday home - wednesday away - saturday home

2 montreal
1 KC
1 Columbus
1 San Jose

We will need a fair amount of squad rotation during this stretch

There will be a good rotation but knowing Nelsen he will also take advantage of the world cup break and play his main guys a fair bit just to bank points that we'll have available.

Granted having Moore and Warner as rotation guys is still pretty good.

I have a feeling Defoe and Gilberto are going to be getting the MLS games for sure. Moore is getting the Amway games for sure, his strike partner will depend on the score line.

Defoe
05-21-2014, 03:22 AM
Orr was so good in his role because he understands that he should just get the ball to Defoe at every opportunity. Way to many times Bekker (who has actually shown a lot of potential and really like) has not gotten the ball to Defoe when he has been wide open. They should be giving the ball to Defoe every chance and nelsen needs to get this message across. Defoe is the best player in the league right now we should use him like Liverpool uses Suarez. I'm calling a 2-1 win. Defoe with both goals.

Canary10
05-21-2014, 08:44 AM
Orr was so good in his role because he understands that he should just get the ball to Defoe at every opportunity. Way to many times Bekker (who has actually shown a lot of potential and really like) has not gotten the ball to Defoe when he has been wide open. They should be giving the ball to Defoe every chance and nelsen needs to get this message across. Defoe is the best player in the league right now we should use him like Liverpool uses Suarez. I'm calling a 2-1 win. Defoe with both goals.

Are you sure you're not just saying all this because you are Defoe and want the ball? This is right. We need to get the ball to Defoe's feet and let him do his thing.

barticusz
05-21-2014, 10:06 AM
We're into a very favourable schedule right now. SKC and CLB are hurting at the back end.. big time.. and SJ are not the team they used to be .. Especially with them missing some key players due to the World Cup. With Defoe still here, we're ripe for a winning streak here. I'm hoping Nelson pushes forward in that first half against SKC to really test their backline.

LFC8
05-21-2014, 10:44 AM

This made me laugh. All hail Defoe!

Brooker
05-21-2014, 11:35 AM

Sounds good to me!

Canary10
05-21-2014, 01:18 PM
Looking like there's a better than 50/50 chance of Collin getting in after all, from what I'm reading. I guess his injury isn't too serious.

Ultra & Proud
05-21-2014, 02:42 PM

This is the opposite of what they are doing with the new TV deal. This hurts viewership they believe. They want matches at set times so people will know when matches are on. They did some poll in the U.S and apparently a whole lot of folks didn't even know when matches were on. I have to check my calendar regularly now to know exactly what's doing and making matches on a few standard days a week with standard start times would help that out a lot.

khso11
05-21-2014, 09:31 PM
Will be there, hopefully it doesn't end up like last year.

Marc"2L"
05-21-2014, 11:40 PM
Depleted SKC back line and their best podcast crew out to lunch about us, it's a trap game for them.
Gilberto will likely score, and ill take a 5$ bet that he does with any and everybody. (As long as he plays!)

prizby
05-22-2014, 07:43 AM
Depleted SKC back line and their best podcast crew out to lunch about us, it's a trap game for them.
Gilberto will likely score, and ill take a 5$ bet that he does with any and everybody. (As long as he plays!)

link to their podcast?

Walms
05-22-2014, 12:03 PM

Sure, for the hell of it, Ill take that action

barticusz
05-22-2014, 12:17 PM
Projected line based on Nelly's last interview.

Bloom - Caldwell - Hagglund - Morrow
Warner - Bekker - Orr - Rey
Gilberto - Defoe

maninb
05-22-2014, 12:51 PM
SERIOUSLY if we can't beat this team who is missing their TOP 4 PLAYERS, and 5 starters then we DESERVE TO BE SHYTE ON!!!

Detroit_TFC
05-22-2014, 12:57 PM
I hear Vermes been itching to field an experimental 0-9-1 squad for like forever.

backbeat
05-22-2014, 01:05 PM
SERIOUSLY if we can't beat this team who is missing their TOP 4 PLAYERS, and 5 starters then we DESERVE TO BE SHYTE ON!!!

i don't think this game will be a given by any means.

SKC hasn't won in 2 games and they'll be gunning it at home so as not to be on a 3 game losing streak - a result would be great imo.

trane
05-22-2014, 04:56 PM
I will put down 20 on Gilberto scoring this game.

lobo
05-22-2014, 05:11 PM

what??? walmsy, you suck. i hope you lose that bet.

as a matter of principle, you deserve to lose that bet.

Walms
05-22-2014, 05:18 PM
what??? walmsy, you suck. i hope you lose that bet.

as a matter of principle, you deserve to lose that bet.

I hope he dose score, Ill be really happy if he dose....& if he doesn't ill get a free beer, so I've put myself in a Win-Win situation!

LFC8
05-22-2014, 06:03 PM

We're missing 2 of our top 3...but, yeah we still should win this game.

OgtheDim
05-22-2014, 06:38 PM
We're missing 2 of our top 3...but, yeah we still should win this game.

I know you like Jackson, but he's not that good.

:)

ryan
05-22-2014, 06:57 PM
Anyone going to Joe's to watch this one?

LFC8
05-22-2014, 09:00 PM
I know you like Jackson, but he's not that good.

:)

How he didn't get into Brazil's world cup squad is just beyond words. lol

Marc"2L"
05-23-2014, 01:40 AM

Done* ill pm you if he doesn't right after the game, if he does, ill give it a few days before shaming as means of collecting currency or beer.

*figuratively of course for the fine folks at the CRA/OLG/FBI reading this

Marc"2L"
05-23-2014, 01:43 AM
link to their podcast?

SKC kick the ball
http://kicktheball.us/

Last 20 minutes about TFC, but don't waste your time, I want mine back.

KGH
05-23-2014, 08:02 AM
Current line has TFC has fairly big underdogs:

KC -138
Draw - +260
TFC - +375

For perspective DC is +300 against NE and Montreal is +340 against Colorado

Areathrasher
05-23-2014, 08:14 AM
Those are very good odds.

I'm always wary of betting on my own team but that looks very tempting.

KGH
05-23-2014, 08:50 AM
For anyone else who is into betting some interesting bets and odds:

1) Gilberto scoring first / at all: +1000 / +350
2) Defoe scoring first / at all: +650 / +225
3) Bieler scoring first / at all: +350 / +120

And some fun ones:
4) Issey scoring first / at all: +2000 / +750
5) Jackson scoring first / at all: +2800 / +1200
6) Bradley scoring first / at all: +2800 / +1200
7) Gale scoring first / at all: +5000 / +2000
8) Zusi scoring first / at all: +800 / +275

Walms
05-23-2014, 08:58 AM
Done* ill pm you if he doesn't right after the game, if he does, ill give it a few days before shaming as means of collecting currency or beer.

*figuratively of course for the fine folks at the CRA/OLG/FBI reading this

Imagine eh, FBI comes after us for one of those wired blue Canadian bills lol.

and as you mentioned above, he has to start for this to be valid... I hope I lose!

jloome
05-23-2014, 09:29 AM
Those are very good odds.

I'm always wary of betting on my own team but that looks very tempting.

I'm not a betting guy but those odds are crazy given SKC's situation. Those are "past performance" odds; they can't possibly be taking into account Zusi and Besler being gone, Rosell being injured. I think Collin is the only one back and he's probably not 100%.

Man, the odds makers don't think much of us.

MartinUtd
05-23-2014, 09:31 AM
Current line has TFC has fairly big underdogs:

KC -138
Draw - +260
TFC - +375

For perspective DC is +300 against NE and Montreal is +340 against Colorado

What source is that? I don't place too many bets but was considering it for this game.

Yohan
05-23-2014, 09:39 AM
I'm not a betting guy but those odds are crazy given SKC's situation. Those are "past performance" odds; they can't possibly be taking into account Zusi and Besler being gone, Rosell being injured. I think Collin is the only one back and he's probably not 100%.

Man, the odds makers don't think much of us.

TFC keeps getting destroyed at Sporting Park. I don't think TFC has gotten a point since 2009 in KC.

And if SKC is able to keep possession to ease the pressure on their defenders, who knows.

Cas87
05-23-2014, 09:39 AM
For anyone else who is into betting some interesting bets and odds:

1) Gilberto scoring first / at all: +1000 / +350
2) Defoe scoring first / at all: +650 / +225
3) Bieler scoring first / at all: +350 / +120

And some fun ones:
4) Issey scoring first / at all: +2000 / +750
5) Jackson scoring first / at all: +2800 / +1200
6) Bradley scoring first / at all: +2800 / +1200
7) Gale scoring first / at all: +5000 / +2000
8) Zusi scoring first / at all: +800 / +275

Obviously the book-makers don't pay attention to changes either,

Issey isn't in this game, Bradley and Zusi are going to Brazil.

funny

Donald Duck
05-23-2014, 10:12 AM
I got to make my bet for this game man. Toronto winning in half time + full time is +800 :scarf:

Ultra & Proud
05-23-2014, 10:21 AM
Obviously the book-makers don't pay attention to changes either,

Issey isn't in this game, Bradley and Zusi are going to Brazil.

funny

I think they do and just take advantage of the degenerate gambling community that bets on everything and anything regardless of having any knowledge on the teams, league, or even sport.

PopePouri
05-23-2014, 10:35 AM
TFC keeps getting destroyed at Sporting Park. I don't think TFC has gotten a point since 2009 in KC.

And if SKC is able to keep possession to ease the pressure on their defenders, who knows.

Yeah I'm not that confident. Hoping for a point.

KGH
05-23-2014, 10:36 AM
What source is that? I don't place too many bets but was considering it for this game.

Bet365

Stress
05-23-2014, 10:38 AM
all the goalscorer markets will be refunded if the players don't play so I'm sure they don't really care how up-to-date it is.

I find the odds a bit crazy. I took a punt on TFC to draw or win at above evens which seems very generous. I also threw a cheeky bet on Defoe to score 2 or more at 19 to 1 odds.

I think it could go either way but I definitely don't think TFC should be such heavy dogs.

Canary10
05-23-2014, 10:39 AM
Yeah I'm not that confident. Hoping for a point.

Yeah I agree. Definitely a good time to face them, but no one should be over confident for a road win in MLS. Looks like Collin and Sinovic are playing, so that's still half their starting backline.

Areathrasher
05-23-2014, 10:43 AM
all the goalscorer markets will be refunded if the players don't play so I'm sure they don't really care how up-to-date it is.

I find the odds a bit crazy. I took a punt on TFC to draw or win at above evens which seems very generous. I also threw a cheeky bet on Defoe to score 2 or more at 19 to 1 odds.

I think it could go either way but I definitely don't think TFC should be such heavy dogs.

Where did you find those odds for Defoe?

Those are fucking insane odds.

Areathrasher
05-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Yeah I agree. Definitely a good time to face them, but no one should be over confident for a road win in MLS. Looks like Collin and Sinovic are playing, so that's still half their starting backline.

Collin is 100% out.

Canary10
05-23-2014, 10:48 AM
Collin is 100% out.

Are you sure? I read something else. He's not listed as injured so he's definitely not 100% out, although he still may not play.

Areathrasher
05-23-2014, 10:56 AM
Are you sure? I read something else. He's not listed as injured so he's definitely not 100% out, although he still may not play.

Sam McDowell ‏@SamMcDowell11 23h (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/SamMcDowell11/status/469526109928030208) Aurelien Collin will miss his second straight match tomorrow night against Toronto. #SportingKC (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/hashtag/SportingKC?src=hash)

SKC beat writer

Stress
05-23-2014, 11:03 AM
Where did you find those odds for Defoe?

Those are fucking insane odds.

B365. I jumped on early in the week though so now it's only 17:1. Gilberto is a chunky 29:1 lol.

Canary10
05-23-2014, 11:05 AM
Sam McDowell ‏@SamMcDowell1123h (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/SamMcDowell11/status/469526109928030208)Aurelien Collin will miss his second straight match tomorrow night against Toronto. #SportingKC (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/hashtag/SportingKC?src=hash)

SKC beat writer

Ok, good.

OgtheDim
05-23-2014, 11:10 AM
FWIW

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BoVIPwlCAAEZ7jE.jpg

As this is never correct, I think we might see Orr in instead of Warner and Haggland instead of Henry.

Areathrasher
05-23-2014, 11:10 AM
B365. I jumped on early in the week though so now it's only 17:1. Gilberto is a chunky 29:1 lol.

17:1 is still great. I have an account with them that I haven't used in ages. Tempted to fire it up!!

Alonso
05-23-2014, 11:20 AM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/05/23/dearth-available-center-back-options-leave-sporting-kansas-city-bind-ahead-t

They might have to play the trainer on the back line a la TFC.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST: Gilberto opens his account tonight.

ensco
05-23-2014, 11:21 AM
FWIW

As this is never correct, I think we might see Orr in instead of Warner and Haggland instead of Henry.

Agree. Might also see Warner in wide for Rey.

ensco
05-23-2014, 11:27 AM
Interesting litmus test game tonight. This will tell us a lot about where we are. League champs or not, a better team will put SKC to the sword tonight.

Areathrasher
05-23-2014, 11:27 AM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/05/23/dearth-available-center-back-options-leave-sporting-kansas-city-bind-ahead-t

They might have to play the trainer on the back line a la TFC.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST: Gilberto opens his account tonight.

If the Canadian NT can score there is hope for ol Gil :lol:

0bl1vious
05-23-2014, 11:29 AM
Yup...the odds are...interesting, to say the least.

http://imgur.com/LvG2w53.png

Richard
05-23-2014, 11:36 AM
I think they do and just take advantage of the degenerate gambling community that bets on everything and anything regardless of having any knowledge on the teams, league, or even sport.

Isnt that illegal? Its like the lotto letting you pick a number that isnt going to be drawn, im sure there are rules against that.

shwade
05-23-2014, 11:54 AM
Osorio is out?

barticusz
05-23-2014, 11:56 AM
I dont' bet on sports.. what would the payout be for choosing TFC to win 2-1?

Pint
05-23-2014, 12:04 PM
I dont' bet on sports.. what would the payout be for choosing TFC to win 2-1?

from the looks of it: 16X money bet + money you bet back

so from the chart: you bet $3 and you would get $3*16=$48 + original $3= $51

Ultra & Proud
05-23-2014, 12:16 PM
They have no CBs and their DM is out too. We should win this now. If ever there was a time to bet it's now.

Section_105
05-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Toledo is the ref...how does that affect the odds or do I give him too much credit for being a factor?

Anyway, will be a great test for what ever midfield we put out as KC tend to just push hard the whole game even if it isn't pretty they are always in the other team's face.

hopefully they can be positive and feed the guys up top.

cincy
05-23-2014, 12:29 PM
Toledo is the ref...how does that affect the odds or do I give him too much credit for being a factor?

Anyway, will be a great test for what ever midfield we put out as KC tend to just push hard the whole game even if it isn't pretty they are always in the other team's face.

hopefully they can be positive and feed the guys up top.

What is the over under on red cards with Toledo ref ? 2 ?? Hahaha

barticusz
05-23-2014, 12:37 PM
I'm looking forward to watching this one. Hope the guys come out strong and put pressure on their backline. We'll need a couple if we want to come away with some points.

Ultra & Proud
05-23-2014, 12:48 PM
If I'm Nelsen it means the odds of Henry playing just dropped to about zero.

Stress
05-23-2014, 01:05 PM
All this optimism in here has me worried.

jloome
05-23-2014, 01:26 PM
All this optimism in here has me worried.

Although if we're being honest, that would be true if we were playing three midgets and a tree stump, given our history.

3-1 TFC. Yes, I'm calling us to score three. Just about un-bloody-heard of, but I smell blood.

Canary10
05-23-2014, 01:31 PM
Although if we're being honest, that would be true if we were playing three midgets and a tree stump, given our history.

3-1 TFC. Yes, I'm calling us to score three. Just about un-bloody-heard of, but I smell blood.

Holy Shit.

Ultra & Proud
05-23-2014, 01:40 PM
For whatever reason I could see us winning this handily. I am saying 4-2 with Defoe a getting a brace and Gilberto finally getting going.

Canary10
05-23-2014, 01:43 PM
The last time I made a goal prediction it was the opener against DC and I said there would be goals. Jloome said no way, it's going to be tight and low scoring. He was right. That's all I'm saying.

reggie
05-23-2014, 01:47 PM
this is the MLS and we are TFC....nothing is easy..

Ultra & Proud
05-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Then again, we've been presented with winnable matches and screwed them. Seeing that this is a road match in a place where we are shite then it could easily turn over on us and be our classic 3-0 defeat too. But I think we will score for sure and I can't see SKC not allowing at least a couple.

Stress
05-23-2014, 01:50 PM
MLS pick'em has unanimous SKC win.

Canary10
05-23-2014, 01:53 PM
Then again, we've been presented with winnable matches and screwed them. Seeing that this is a road match in a place where we are shite then it could easily turn over on us and be our classic 3-0 defeat too. But I think we will score for sure and I can't see SKC not allowing at least a couple.

I think Defoe will have a multi-goal game tonight.

Areathrasher
05-23-2014, 02:00 PM

That's exactly my fear.

Do the buisness tonight and it's a big marker for signs of improvement of the team.

Super
05-23-2014, 02:00 PM
We're not going to get a better chance at putting KC against the wall. We need to come out gunning at their defense right out of the gate, and I hope to see goals (plural) from us. Must win!

notthesun
05-23-2014, 02:03 PM

This is so weird to me given SKC's injury and absence situation. Shrug.

jloome
05-23-2014, 02:08 PM
The last time I made a goal prediction it was the opener against DC and I said there would be goals. Jloome said no way, it's going to be tight and low scoring. He was right. That's all I'm saying.
(shakes rabbit foot, throws salt over shoulder and pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster....)
Yes... skill... that's what that was.

I just figure we're due, and it makes more sense to happen against a 'b' team than and 'a' team in KC. I believe at this point they have NO natural center backs as Palmer-Brown is suspended. Chance Myers and Seth Sinisovic have both played there before though, so it's not going to be a walk.

Ivy
05-23-2014, 02:12 PM
Good. Every time that happened, TFC walked out with 3 points.

levyashin
05-23-2014, 02:24 PM
Our defence is solid so no more than 1 goal against,
Our forwards are due to score a hat full of goals.
WHY NOT tonight ?
A 4-1 final for T.F.C.-2 for Defoe/2 for Gilberto:hump:

GTA_WOLF
05-23-2014, 02:25 PM
Got money on Defoe having a multi goal game, and as much as I dislike him, put some money down on Bekker (couldnt resist the 15:1 odds).

OgtheDim
05-23-2014, 02:26 PM
Hmm.....Rudi Schuller from goal Canada makes a good point.

Warner can't play in the two Montreal games. That would make it likely he plays tonight.

ag futbol
05-23-2014, 03:24 PM
Hmm.....Rudi Schuller from goal Canada makes a good point.

Warner can't play in the two Montreal games. That would make it likely he plays tonight.
Nice to have a midfield rotation. MLS isn't much for depth but the very best teams normally have about 6 players they use to varying degrees to reduce wear-and-tear on mids.

ManUtd4ever
05-23-2014, 03:26 PM
Hoping for a win considering SKC's notable player absences, but I'd be content with a draw.

jloome
05-23-2014, 03:31 PM
Hoping for a win considering SKC's notable player absences, but I'd be content with a draw.

Apparently we may see a 3-5-2 from Kansas City tonight.

Ultra & Proud
05-23-2014, 03:36 PM
I'd normally be very pleased with a draw but I think we should be gunning for a big win. I would hope that we'd attack them hard right off the bat and not sit back and bunker.

defensor
05-23-2014, 03:44 PM
guys, don't forget about a very notable absence from TFC, Mr. Bradley, of course.

And why wouldn't Osorio be starting today? any injury?

Joe Kool
05-23-2014, 03:53 PM
guys, don't forget about a very notable absence from TFC, Mr. Bradley, of course.

Hamstring.

Joe Kool
05-23-2014, 03:55 PM
I'd normally be very pleased with a draw but I think we should be gunning for a big win. I would hope that we'd attack them hard right off the bat and not sit back and bunker.

The old TFC fan in me would have been ok with a draw but this year I want a win every time and wouldn't be pleased at anything else. Why can't we be great.....

mowe
05-23-2014, 03:57 PM
I like this Friday night game. Don't have to wait till Saturday for some TFC! :scarf:

OgtheDim
05-23-2014, 03:59 PM

They are missing far more then that from their starters.

That having been said, their supporters will provide a rip roaring atmosphere. And with Toledo, we are likely to see some yellows and a red.

I think this game is about even. A draw would be a good result.

Alonso
05-23-2014, 04:01 PM
Good. Every time that happened, TFC walked out with 3 points.

The stars are aligning man, I can feel it.

Let me recap:

The betting odds are ridiculously in favour of KC considering all 5 CB's are out of the lineup.

Defoe is back for his second game after a layoff with injury and is.... well, Defoe.

People have written off Gilberto, and him and Defoe are going to have a field day (pun intended) with a back four that's never played together.

MLS pick'em has reversed jinxed us all season long.

Jloome has shaken his rabbit foot, thrown salt over his shoulder, and has prayed to the Flying Spaghetti Monster....

And as Levyshin has already said: Our forwards are due for a boat load of girls... er... I mean goals!

Need I say more?

MartinUtd
05-23-2014, 04:12 PM
Damn. Bet365 won't take TD Visa cards or paypal. So much for my foray into sports gambling.

Cashcleaner
05-23-2014, 04:45 PM
FWIW

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BoVIPwlCAAEZ7jE.jpg

Think you're right about Henry at least. Also, I think I'm in agreement with a few people here - Gilberto bags his first goal tonight in KC.

However, despite Sporting's depleted line-up they're still gonna be a tough Western team playing at home; they've racked up something like 7 goals in the last 4 games and Dom Dwyer is probably really looking forward to meeting Defoe on the pitch.

A draw tonight seems likely to me, but a win would be awesome!

SirBobSaget
05-23-2014, 04:52 PM
Damn. Bet365 won't take TD Visa cards or paypal. So much for my foray into sports gambling.

You need to get a prepaid CC.

Richard
05-23-2014, 04:53 PM
I don't think Henry deserves to start, he lost his starting job to Haggland which I don't see him giving up so easily.

Man do I want to see Gilberto score a goal and it would change so much in the way other MLS teams approach us. We need the dynamic duo more than ever now.

The sleeping giant will awake tonight.

MartinUtd
05-23-2014, 05:04 PM
You need to get a prepaid CC.

Yeah that's what they told me as well. Too bad. Maybe next time. I was going to put $100 down but now I can't be bothered. Now that I've put that on record watch TFC dominate 3-0.

MartinUtd
05-23-2014, 05:05 PM
I don't think Henry deserves to start, he lost his starting job to Haggland which I don't see him giving up so easily.

Man do I want to see Gilberto score a goal and it would change so much in the way other MLS teams approach us. We need the dynamic duo more than ever now.

The sleeping giant will awake tonight.

I hate to say it, but I agree with you. Nothing agianst Hagglund, he's been great, but Henry has looked timid lately. I hope the competition pushes them both to knew heights.

Ivy
05-23-2014, 05:06 PM
My line up is:
Bendik
bloom-Hagglund-Caldwell-morrow
Rey-Orr-Bekker-Werner
Defoe-Gilberto

dero coming on for defoe
lovitz coming on for Rey

3-2 TFC final

Richard
05-23-2014, 05:21 PM
All the talk about Gilberto getting his first tonight and I seem to forget about our home town boy Dero. It would be the perfect time for him to roll back the years and pop in a couple.

Ivy
05-23-2014, 05:46 PM
All the talk about Gilberto getting his first tonight and I seem to forget about our home town boy Dero. It would be the perfect time for him to roll back the years and pop in a couple.
No offence to the dero fans here, but he's been horrible all year. If he wasn't Dero, he would have been the bench that Richter sits on.

Richard
05-23-2014, 05:56 PM
No offence to the dero fans here, but he's been horrible all year. If he wasn't Dero, he would have been the bench that Richter sits on.

No offence taken. He hasn't been good this year at all. I still have a some hope he has something left to contribute, I'm sure he doesn't want to have his career fizzle out like it is right now.

ag futbol
05-23-2014, 06:04 PM
No offence taken. He hasn't been good this year at all. I still have a some hope he has something left to contribute, I'm sure he doesn't want to have his career fizzle out like it is right now.
Injuries have finally caught up to him. He keeps himself in very good shape but there is only so much you can do.

Ways we have used him strike me as odd aswell. Watching him play trying to hold up the ball against central defenders with his back to goal, boggles my mind.

OgtheDim
05-23-2014, 06:23 PM
DeRo gets into spaces and because he can still lay off the ball well, gets them thinking.

OgtheDim
05-23-2014, 06:25 PM
On another note, this pic take by Wellman tonight has me thinking about what BMo could look like with a roof.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BoWjnYZIEAAYcAk.jpg

Super
05-23-2014, 06:35 PM
On another note, this pic take by Wellman tonight has me thinking about what BMo could look like with a roof.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BoWjnYZIEAAYcAk.jpg

Thing of beauty, isn't it? Hopefully some day. The atmosphere needs it BAD!!

notthesun
05-23-2014, 06:37 PM
Starting XI: Bendik, Bloom, Caldwell, Hagglund, Morrow, Rey, Bekker, Orr, Warner, Gilberto, Defoe

OgtheDim
05-23-2014, 06:41 PM
BOOM - I likes me that lineup.

molenshtain
05-23-2014, 06:42 PM
How good is Warner supposed to be at RM?

ag futbol
05-23-2014, 06:43 PM
How good is Warner supposed to be at RM?
Looks a little bit out of his wheel house IMO. If we're smart we're probably playing this more like a 4-2-2-2 which is what the "4-4-2 formation" has become for a lot of clubs these days.

OgtheDim
05-23-2014, 06:44 PM
SKC going with a 4-3-3 it seems.

Super
05-23-2014, 06:45 PM
That's a very nice line-up indeed. Happy to see Hagglund and Orr earn another start. They deserve it!

notthesun
05-23-2014, 07:14 PM
SKC going with a 4-3-3 it seems.

XI: Kronberg; Juliao, Myers, Ellis, Sinovic; Feilhaber, Martinez, Nagamura; Dovale, Dwyer, Peterson

Crazy weak lineup by their standards. No actual CBs. And I'm going to assume their bunch isn't fully fit either because they've got Sapong, Saad and Bieler on there while starting Martinez, Dovale and Peterson.

AlanO
05-23-2014, 07:40 PM
XI: Kronberg; Juliao, Myers, Ellis, Sinovic; Feilhaber, Martinez, Nagamura; Dovale, Dwyer, Peterson

Crazy weak lineup by their standards. No actual CBs. And I'm going to assume their bunch isn't fully fit either because they've got Sapong, Saad and Bieler on there while starting Martinez, Dovale and Peterson.
This would've been a good chance to give Lovitz his first start, and let him run at a weak SKC backline.

Jeffro
05-23-2014, 07:44 PM
According to the feed I'm watching Lovitz is starting, no Orr? Also Beiler and Collin starting for SKC?

OgtheDim
05-23-2014, 07:46 PM
According to the feed I'm watching Lovitz is starting, no Orr? Also Beiler and Collin starting for SKC?

Ur feed obviously isn't looking at the starting lineups.

Soccerpro
05-23-2014, 07:46 PM
Anyone have a stream?

AlanO
05-23-2014, 07:47 PM
For anyone looking for a stream, it's free on MLS tonight.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/stream-of-the-week

SirBobSaget
05-23-2014, 07:48 PM
Gotta take advantage of the 6 foot and 5"9 fullbacks in the centre.

OgtheDim
05-23-2014, 07:50 PM
Rey looking like he doesn't realise they are playing against a 4-3-3. Leaving Bloom exposed.

DichioTFC
05-23-2014, 07:51 PM
TFC looking organized early

notthesun
05-23-2014, 07:54 PM
Bekker is a nightmare out there so far. Christ.

Jeffro
05-23-2014, 07:55 PM
Bekker having a nightmare so far.

Soccerpro
Bekker giving the ball away easily...

Jeffro
Bekker is a nightmare out there so far. Christ.

Lmfao

AlanO
Bekker might as well don a blue shirt.

shwade
05-23-2014, 07:56 PM
New boy type of play.

Auzzy
05-23-2014, 07:58 PM
Bekker was good vs. NY when they weren't pressuring him at all. Any pressure, he often coughs it up. KC know that.

Soccerpro
05-23-2014, 08:00 PM
Bekker was good vs. NY when they weren't pressuring him at all. Any pressure, he often coughs it up. KC know that.

Kevin Payne certainly didn't have an eye for talent. Just a terrible terrible draft for TFC.

Lumpy
05-23-2014, 08:00 PM
Bekker avoids any 50-50 chances at all costs. If you watch he will drift away when that type of situation arises.

Alonso
05-23-2014, 08:03 PM
68% KC possession?

Not what I was looking for tonight.....

OgtheDim
05-23-2014, 08:03 PM
Hmm....too many minutes for Bekker possibly. Guys looks mentally tired.

notthesun
05-23-2014, 08:04 PM
This is the laziest start to a game I've seen from this team in a while. No signs of hustle from anybody so far. Unbelievably casual without the ball.

Auzzy
05-23-2014, 08:06 PM
Not sure why Warner is playing on the wing. Why not Warner in the middle instead of Bekker?

tfcleeds
05-23-2014, 08:07 PM
Kevin Payne certainly didn't have an eye for talent. Just a terrible terrible draft for TFC.

Ya, wish Payne hadn't gone Can-con in that draft in retrospect now.

Dub Narcotic
05-23-2014, 08:08 PM
Bekker is a nightmare; Hagglund is incredible for a rookie.

notthesun
05-23-2014, 08:08 PM
We need offensive pressure. If we get 8 or so corner kicks today, Hagglund will score on one of them.

OgtheDim
05-23-2014, 08:12 PM
The guy you want in the midfield to deal with pressure is Bradley. The next guy would be Osorio.

Instead, we got Bekker who can't deal with it.

Soccerpro
05-23-2014, 08:12 PM
What's the point of having Defoe and Gilberto on your team up top if you can't ever get them the ball.

notthesun
05-23-2014, 08:14 PM
Lovitz on, Bekker off at half time. Move Warner into the middle.

Soccerpro
Ya, wish Payne hadn't gone Can-con in that draft in retrospect now.

I don't begrudge him for not finding the diamond in the rough, or a great pick at midway through the draft, I'm mad because he traded away a pick that everyone in the league said was a sure fire stud and another pick that was hard to mess up too.

Good drafting is still incredibly important in MLS to building a good squad, just look at what the Whitecaps are doing with Manneh and Hurtado this year.

Hagglund and Lovitz are important already.

nlsanand
Warner's not that great. But honestly, move him to the centre at halftime, and get DeRo out on the wing.

AlanO
05-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Lovitz on, Bekker off at half time. Move Warner into the middle.
Yes please.

Bekker is a fucking liability.

InDa_110
Willie Beeman just yacked on the field. Lol

tfcleeds
This really will be a wasted opportunity if we can't get 3 points here. Come on lads!

shwade
What's the point of having Defoe and Gilberto on your team up top if you can't ever get them the ball.

Our midfield is one natural winger, 1 defensive mid, 1 defender and 1 bekker. It'll be a wonder anytime they do get the ball uptop.

nlsanand
05-23-2014, 08:18 PM
Anyone notice when Defoe basically refused to give the obvious overlap to Rey and instead tried a hail mary turn and cross to Gilberto. You think that's a sign of something.

Canary10
05-23-2014, 08:20 PM
Anyone notice when Defoe basically refused to give the obvious overlap to Rey and instead tried a hail mary turn and cross to Gilberto. You think that's a sign of something.

I wouldn't be giving Rey any balls if I could help it. Black hole.

notthesun
05-23-2014, 08:21 PM
Myers going off. SKC down another CB. Going to be downright embarrassing if we don't win.

Auzzy
05-23-2014, 08:25 PM
I hate Toledo's yellow whistle, it always looks like he's pulling out a card.

RoyalRed
05-23-2014, 08:27 PM
Not trying to diss, but Sporting Park sounds amazing tonight atmosphere-wise. Better than BMO has been in the last few years. Really great support, plus it's sold out which never hurts. Shame the game's been a bit shit.

Auzzy
05-23-2014, 08:27 PM
WTF Rey?!

tfcleeds
05-23-2014, 08:30 PM
Ooh Gilberto...if it hadn't been offside, he still wouldn't have opened his account. Sigh.

Canary10
05-23-2014, 08:32 PM
Not sure why there is so much hate for Bekker. Rey has been the worst player on the pitch tonight. And Gilberto has the touch of a rapist.

Soccerpro
05-23-2014, 08:33 PM
Why would Caldwell stick his arms out like that in the box as the attacker shoots?

Hamilton_Red
05-23-2014, 08:34 PM
Rey is having another useless game tonight. Him and Bekker really bringing the team down. We'll never get a better chance for a away win here.

Lumpy
05-23-2014, 08:34 PM
Not sure why there is so much hate for Bekker. Rey has been the worst player on the pitch tonight. And Gilberto has the touch of a rapist.

Rey is useless but Bekker is uselesser (sic)

Auzzy
05-23-2014, 08:35 PM

Yeah they've been pretty bad. Also Caldwell with his arms waving about, WTF. However Bekker is playing in a key role and had a huge number of bad passes early. Of course we all know why Rey hasn't had many bad passes... ;)

AlanO
05-23-2014, 08:36 PM
Hagglund had a great half.

That midfield though.. ugh.

rocktml
05-23-2014, 08:36 PM
What is a real concern is that when things dont go Defoe or Gilberto's way they start throwing a hissy fit.

notthesun
05-23-2014, 08:37 PM
Nelsen please make some changes at half. We didn't generate a single scoring chance. Awful half, if SKC were healthy we'd be in real trouble.

Soccerpro
05-23-2014, 08:38 PM
Bekker Off, Lovitz on, Warner to CM.

Why did we trade Issey again?

defensor
05-23-2014, 08:38 PM
is this professional???

hanglund sounds so happy haha. I'm trying to think of the actor he sounds like

OgtheDim
05-23-2014, 08:40 PM
Hagglund playing well.

Rey is having a shocker of game - not tracking back and leaving Bloom on his own. Then when he has the ball, he does nothing.

Warner is OK but - his touch is only slightly better then Jackson's.

Bekker just does not have the presence of mind to deal with a midfield that switches quickly from 3 to 5 and back to 3 again.

RoyalRed
05-23-2014, 08:43 PM
So what do you guys say, happy with a point at this rate? I would hate to lose here, because they're not better than us, but we also don't deserve to win.

mitchf
05-23-2014, 08:45 PM
I really dislike Bekker.

jazzy
05-23-2014, 08:45 PM
To the Rey lovers he's terrible....missed Defoe wide open ,passes back or tries to go through the whole team........just doesn't have the smarts.........if we don't stop acting individually we're doomed....AND could we actually hold onto the ball for at least two passes........yup miss Issey

mitchf
05-23-2014, 08:46 PM
So what do you guys say, happy with a point at this rate? I would hate to lose here, because they're not better than us, but we also don't deserve to win.
They're not better than us? Huh? They're infinitely better.

mitchf
05-23-2014, 08:47 PM
To the Rey lovers he's terrible....missed Defoe wide open ,passes back or tries to go through the whole team........just doesn't have the smarts.........if we don't stop acting individually we're doomed....AND could we actually hold onto the ball for at least two passes........yup miss Issey
Issey is irrelevant here.. We miss Bradley because he was the only one who was ever moving the ball up.

Lumpy
05-23-2014, 08:49 PM
Issey is irrelevant here.. We miss Bradley because he was the only one who was ever moving the ball up.

Agreed

Yohan
this is one game when hoofball might be better, considering how TFC can't deal with SKC pressure in the midfield and weak SKC CBs

defensor
I would say are strikers and defense are good but our mid is absolute shit and I could have told you this before the game. The mid is the core of your team. It's more complicated than that but I don't feel like getting into it. orr hasn't been bad though I'm pretty sure, though he hasn't been great

Canary10
I think we're well set up to knick a goal and take this.

RoyalRed
05-23-2014, 08:50 PM
Maybe the picture's fuzzy where you're watching, but they've got precisely one play they repeat over and over again: bomb the right, and cross. Monothematic play. We've parked the bus (note six behind the ball at any given time) and it's not even been needed. They have no shots on target, and tied on shots with us.

If to you that's a team that's "better" than the road opposition they're facing, then you and I don't agree on what "better" is.

notthesun
05-23-2014, 08:51 PM
Caldwell and Hagglund (especially) both had a good first half. Everyone else was either average, poor, or not involved.

RoyalRed
05-23-2014, 08:53 PM
OK so hoping for balls-out now.

Pookie
1-0 ... how... unexpected

AlanO
brutal

notthesun
05-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Fucking pathetic.

Yohan
Bekker giveaway again. sigh

OgtheDim
Well taken goal BUT....if Bloom tucks in, Rey MUST go back. He was lolly gagging around.

defensor
bekker got beat/ everyone left him wide open in the most dangerous spot on the pitch

brad

No way should we be happy with a point - with two DP strikers and against a team with 6 defenders out. The fact that we are doing nothing to put that backline under pressure is aweful. And - as I type, we go down....

notthesun
05-23-2014, 08:55 PM
Bekker loses the ball to start the move, what a surprise. That's on you Nelsen, Bekker should be on the bench but you did jack shit at halftime.

Bloom tucked way too far inside/Rey not covering the wide player. Again, like we saw in the first half. Where are the adjustments Nelsen?

jazzy
He had the win instinct and scared everyone, opening up space for everyone.......if you didn't see that , fine........and Warner not playing his position, as usual Nelson doesn't have the gonads to bring in Lovers .the man can't feel who is not on . Typical goal have Warner to park the bus......fs....yup miss issey he never parked the bus

RoyalRed
Well taken goal BUT....if Bloom tucks in, Rey MUST go back. He was lolly gagging around.

I like. Also: Bekker was shit there.

RoyalRed
05-23-2014, 08:56 PM
SKC 5-0-1 when scoring the first goal.

gracos
05-23-2014, 08:58 PM
So it seems like there may be a few players who TFC fans will be hoping NYCFC or OFC sign in the upcoming offseason

brad
The space between Gilberto & Defoe and the rest of the team is ridiculous. Might as well start firing the long balls up to them...

SirBobSaget
Awesome subs!! Didn't think nelsen had it in him

OgtheDim
05-23-2014, 08:59 PM
So it seems like there may be a few players who TFC fans will be hoping NYCFC or OFC sign in the upcoming offseason

They are not taking Bekker as he would be considered an international.

jazzy
05-23-2014, 08:59 PM
How many million vs 90,000.........think about it........brilliant PS Bradley is gone for a bit and who takes his place ?..........end of

Soccerpro
05-23-2014, 09:00 PM
Bekker loses the ball to start the move, what a surprise. That's on you Nelsen, Bekker should be on the bench but you did jack shit at halftime.

Bloom tucked way too far inside/Rey not covering the wide player. Again, like we saw in the first half. Where are the adjustments Nelsen?

This times a million.

That goal is on Ryan Nelson. I hope someone puts it to him in the post game. What a shit job by the manager,

brad
Bekker is awful. Just awful. One of the worst players I have seen play for us. And that is saying a lot....

cochrdoc
We are totally getting out runned by a team that is no where near 100 per cent.We do not have a midfield.No wide players and nothing being created.Rey is useless.We should have traded him, instead of Issey.I think Morgan would give us more down the wing then any player who has played there this year.This team is a middle of the pack team in this league.

brad
05-23-2014, 09:01 PM
They are not taking Bekker as he would be considered an international.

Or because he totally sucks...

notthesun
What a god damn joke. I'm watching this game on a stream and I can clearly see Bekker needed to come off. And the best move would've been Lovitz on and Warner into the middle, like I said. It takes Nelsen a potentially game-deciding mistake to see the same thing and he's in the stadium. Oh, and he's the coach. I mean what the fuck, how do you not see and react to this before it's too late?

Auzzy
Bekker Off, Lovitz on, Warner to CM.

Why did we trade Issey again?

Agreed, Warner for Issey trade just not doing it for me so far, especially if Nelsen is going to play Warner on the wing.

AlanO
Looks like Gilberto has dropped into midfield with Moore up top.

Crazy enough to work?

OgtheDim
05-23-2014, 09:02 PM
Well, we are now seeing just how crap we are......and how REALLY crap NYRB are.

Yohan
terrible defending by Bloom all game

brad
We are totally getting out runned by a team that is no where near 100 per cent.We do not have a midfield.No wide players and nothing being created.Rey is useless.We should have traded him, instead of Issey.I think Morgan would give us more down the wing then any player who has played there this year.This team is a middle of the pack team in this league.

Their midfield and forwards are solid - really good. The backline is totally depleted. And we have done nothing to exploit that. That is on Nelsen.

mowe
05-23-2014, 09:04 PM
Our forwards get no service.

Pookie
05-23-2014, 09:05 PM
How many million vs 90,000.........think about it........brilliant PS Bradley is gone for a bit and who takes his place ?..........end of

Not only that. Competitive team. Invested heavily in scouting. No vast salary gaps. Great academy. Fantastic stadium and reasonable ticket prices

Tale of Two Cities

gracos
05-23-2014, 09:06 PM
List of players hopefully TFC cuts contracts with or doesnt sign extensions; if any more ideas feel free to provide feedback

-Kyle Bekker
-Dwayne De Rosario
-Jeremy Hall
-Alvaro Rey
-Ryan Richter
-Andrew Weideman

RoyalRed
There was a debate thread about whether Gilbs was a flop. That play where Defoe sent him clear through and he nailed the side net just about sums it up. The angle was generous, and he had the backline beat and....not even close. Sting the fucking keeper's hands at least!

notthesun
Our forwards get no service.

Defoe is getting annoyed and for good reason. Worst service he's gotten all year.

Pookie
05-23-2014, 09:07 PM
Their midfield and forwards are solid - really good. The backline is totally depleted. And we have done nothing to exploit that. That is on Nelsen.

Imagine Jacob Petersen on our backline?

SirBobSaget
05-23-2014, 09:08 PM
They just pass it up the field so easily. 2-3 passes and it's in final third. Tfc can't even string 3 back passes together

SirBobSaget
05-23-2014, 09:09 PM
What a joke

Hamilton_Red
Game. Over...oppesgame on!.

gracos
Disgraceful, lol, its not that easy to build an MLS team; Leiweke

AlanO
Well that's that.

Inklink
05-23-2014, 09:10 PM
Toledo is a god damn moron, but Caldwell, what the hell are you thinking? Now we have to see Henry.

tfcleeds
Well, that's it then. Best opportunity to get 3 points this year perhaps, and looks like we just blew it.

Pookie
Rey looked pissed off when he got subbed.

Oh red.

Well, now they have something to fall back on during the post game presser.

Yohan
yep. straight red. dumb by Caldwell

QBall
God damn it Henry! Oh wait that was Caldwell that got the red. Sorry, force of habit.

brad
Imagine Jacob Petersen on our backline?

Isn't it funny how the heavily maligned Peterson (when he was here) is now a regular in the starting 11 for the reigning champs...

SirBobSaget
Why bring on another defender? Preserve the 1-0 loss?

notthesun
Worst game of the season. Disgraceful performance. 3-0 loss to RSL was twice as good as today.

Nelsen really hurt us today.

Oldtimer
Don't do a stupid tackle when "Red Card" Toledo is on duty. *sigh* wish it was Becker.

OgtheDim
05-23-2014, 09:11 PM

And Bez.

We have never had midfield depth.

Lets face it, Bekker was our depth once Laba left. They spent weeks trying to get Laba to stay when we should have been trying to get somebody to be there.

Soccerpro
Probably not a red card, but this is a classic TFC game of shooting ourselves in the foot.

RYAN NELSON DON'T BLAME THIS LOSS ON THE RED CARD FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

RoyalRed
Well, that's it then. Best opportunity to get 3 points this year perhaps, and looks like we just blew it.

What on earth are you talking about? How is this a better opportunity to get 3 points than mopping the floor with some bottom-of-table team while playing at BMO Field?

Some of the folks on here, I swear.. dude, you're closing in on 13,000 posts and this is one of them?

OgtheDim
05-23-2014, 09:12 PM
Why bring on another defender? Preserve the 1-0 loss?

Cause our whole defensive shape is based on 4 at the back.

RoyalRed
Oh. My. Word.

billyfly
Bekker is awful. Just awful. One of the worst players I have seen play for us. And that is saying a lot....

In our last game I made a similar comment and there was some disagreement from other posters. I think it is becoming more and more we and not them may be correct.

QBall
I guess Nelsen has given up switching a defender for a forward?

defensor
LOLZ

tfcleeds
Frankly, I've seen enough of Rey. No complaints from me if he gets the axe.