PDA

View Full Version : Another TFC flip-flop on Issy

Wombat
05-17-2014, 08:46 AM
A few weeks ago they brought in Issy a Canadian international footballer, under huge hype, and from the games i've seen he played pretty well and added some skill to our team.

Now he's given the bums rush and we bring in Warner from Montreal as a strainght swap PLUS cash

It's very frustrating to get behind a player, then he's gone a few months down the line and the new guy is "the way forward"

In Europe a player is almost 100% given a full season the develop and gel within the team - in MLS it can be in one month, out the next

I don't know anything about warner but 1 goal and ONE ASSIST in 67 games doesn't get my juices flowing.

I'll be at the game today - hpefully I'll get proved wrong, but another journey-man midfielder is a throw-back to the uninspiring TFC sides of the past 4-5 years :facepalm:

flamehawk
05-17-2014, 09:51 AM
Agree with you 100% but you should probably post in the transfer thread where a whole lot of people are saying the same thing.

T-boy
05-17-2014, 10:02 AM
Welcome to supporting an MLS team!

reggie
05-17-2014, 10:13 AM
A few weeks ago they brought in Issy a Canadian international footballer, under huge hype, and from the games i've seen he played pretty well and added some skill to our team.

Now he's given the bums rush and we bring in Warner from Montreal as a strainght swap PLUS cash

It's very frustrating to get behind a player, then he's gone a few months down the line and the new guy is "the way forward"

In Europe a player is almost 100% given a full season the develop and gel within the team - in MLS it can be in one month, out the next

I don't know anything about warner but 1 goal and ONE ASSIST in 67 games doesn't get my juices flowing.

I'll be at the game today - hpefully I'll get proved wrong, but another journey-man midfielder is a throw-back to the uninspiring TFC sides of the past 4-5 years :facepalm:

warner is not playing today.and issey is more of a journey-man then warner is he has played on 6 or 7 teams the last 8-9 years.

Fort York Redcoat
05-17-2014, 10:32 AM
warner is not playing today.and issey is more of a journey-man then warner is he has played on 6 or 7 teams the last 8-9 years.

Wait. I thought it was 10 in 10 years. Can we get a number from you?g:D

jloome
05-17-2014, 12:15 PM
Goooooall Atletico!

Oops... er sorry, wrong forum.

defensor
05-17-2014, 03:41 PM
lol is this a joke Nelson? issey is way better than warner. MTL's new coach just ripped off another sucker like philladelphia

Parkdale
05-18-2014, 01:31 PM
I just heard through the grapevine that Issey was a dressing room nightmare, and we all remember how dressing room divisions can kill the momentum behind a club.

granted this is all hearsay , but it could explain why he's been on so many clubs in his career.

Let's not forget, no player is bigger than his club. DeRo seemed to forget that lesson, and it got messy for everyone .

Parkdale
05-18-2014, 01:33 PM
Oh, and as a side note, Nasri didn't make the France squad because Didier Dechamps didnt want his bullshit. He said something like "I didn't pick the best French players, I made the best French team". Nelson is no Dechamps, but he may have faced a similar choice .

Villa TFC
05-18-2014, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=Parkdale;1669071]I just heard through the grapevine that Issey was a dressing room nightmare, and we all remember how dressing room divisions can kill the momentum behind a club.

QUOTE]

I actually hope this is the case, as it's certainly more palatable than the alternative. Issey got my back up pre-season when he made that snide comment about not being accustomed to trying-out for teams. I understand that if it comes from Messi or Ronaldo, but a player on his 9th team in 11 years (at the time), should just be glad to find a team still willing to pay him to play professional football. He seemed better in later interviews and I thought it was maybe just a bad day, but who knows. I do know from unimpeachable sources that there have been a number of players in the past that TFC got rid of because they were a nightmare in the locker room, and for all the club/management's massive problems at the time, to their credit they never publicly aired that dirty laundry even when they were receiving tons of public criticism for the moves. I have no idea if that was indeed the case with Issey, but it is indeed a possibility.

defensor
05-19-2014, 10:01 AM
sounds like a load of B.S to me. hate it when people value politics and nonsense over actual football.

starter
05-19-2014, 10:31 AM
Issey certainly overachieved here, and if others followed we might have had a better team.
If there were rumors like that, you would wonder who is behind them, and who is actually the 'cancer'?

flatpicker
05-19-2014, 10:48 AM
I blame Parkdale.

reggie
05-19-2014, 11:02 AM
the mls is a diff animal...when you have guys making 6 to 8 mil and guys making 30 to 50 k,i guess there should be some issues in the dressing room.