PDA

View Full Version : Pyro

Supporting
05-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Hi everyone, new to the forum but been a season ticket holder for a while now. I was just wondering what would happen if I snuck smoke bombs/fireworks/ect. into the stadium and set them off? Would I be kicked out, banned, or what?

TFC07
05-08-2014, 03:00 PM
You will be banned for life.

Pint
05-08-2014, 03:01 PM
flares would mean you are banned, stripped of your tickets, and likely charged as well. The banning i believe extends to the entire ex grounds as well as other MLSE owned properties (ACC, Downsview training area, restaurants etc)

Smoke is less than that but still a significant punishment but don't know the specifics.

james
05-08-2014, 03:22 PM
I have seen some smoke and flares at BMO field this year already a couple games this year. There seemed to be lots of smoke going off on saturday game vs New England. Didn't notice any security acting to worried about it. But you would have to be careful, you could get your season tickets taken away. Fireworks for sure are not aloud.

Flares are sort of a grey area in MLS. You see some teams with flares going off all the time and security not acting on it. Other teams you bring a flare and you for sure will get hunted down and banned.

Oldtimer
05-08-2014, 03:23 PM

That's what it is.

Oldtimer
05-08-2014, 03:23 PM
I have seen some smoke and flares at BMO field this year already a couple games this year. There seemed to be lots of smoke going off on saturday game vs New England. Didn't notice any security acting to worried about it. But you would have to be careful, you could get your season tickets taken away. Fireworks for sure are not aloud.

Flares are sort of a grey area in MLS. You see some teams with flares going off all the time and security not acting on it. Other teams you bring a flare and you for sure will get hunted down and banned.

There is authorized smoke from designated cannisters. All other pyro is banned.

james
05-08-2014, 03:26 PM

thats new, but we seemed to have it going off around 113-114 and again higher up in maybe 115 or 116 on Saturday. There was also a point when the game got stopped for a couple minutes (or was that another game? I can't remember now) till the smoke cleared. Was that all designated cannisters?

OgtheDim
05-08-2014, 04:00 PM
thats new, but we seemed to have it going off around 113-114 and again higher up in maybe 115 or 116 on Saturday. There was also a point when the game got stopped for a couple minutes (or was that another game? I can't remember now) till the smoke cleared. Was that all designated cannisters?

That was when some twit through a beer onto the pitch and the ref had to do the official warning thing.

Abou Sky
05-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Point of the whole thing, just don't do it, not even resembling worth it.

Supporting
05-08-2014, 07:14 PM

Where can I find these designated cannisters?

BuSaPuNk
05-08-2014, 07:42 PM

There right in front of 113 and 114. Ours in on the 113 side of the capo stand.

There's only 2 RPB that can deploy it me and Phil. Each group has 2-3 people that have been trained and are authorized to deploy smoke.

That said if you have to ask about bringing in smoke, flares, ect then you probably shouldn't. And if you do well have fun watching from home for good.

Tony Santiago
05-08-2014, 08:52 PM

To those that are near those pre-game canisters, how is that? It looks terrible to be close to. The smoke is so thick. I felt really bad for the people right behind them and in the general vicinity.

Jack
05-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Put your scarf over your mouth and nose and you're fine. I didn't have any trouble with it with my contact lenses, either.

BuSaPuNk
05-08-2014, 09:41 PM
It's non toxic and doesn't really bother people much that I've seen. There's a few people that have really gone over the edge about it but nothing that can't be fixed.

Scarf over your face if you need and your fine. They don't last too long either there really only good for 2-3 mins. And depending on wind direction it can get pretty spread out.

Abou Sky
05-08-2014, 09:56 PM
I have pretty nasty asthma and it doesn't bother me. The nasty stuff is the stuff that you make at home with salt peter & sugar.

prizby
05-08-2014, 11:04 PM

life? I understood it to be a 1 year ban

james
05-08-2014, 11:19 PM
life? I understood it to be a 1 year ban

Its probably not life. But ban for a year, or maybe even a few years sounds likely!

Cashcleaner
05-08-2014, 11:39 PM
I have pretty nasty asthma and it doesn't bother me. The nasty stuff is the stuff that you make at home with salt peter & sugar.

I'm the same, though luckily my asthma isn't too debilitating.

I'm actually really happy with the set-up at BMO Field. It's never really bothered me and I stand fairly close to the front in row 7.

I think we have the perfect compromise with the canisters.

Phil
05-09-2014, 07:32 AM
Ya, the suppoter controlled stuff is a work in progress. Its located on the far side of 113 near 112, then near the usector stand and on the other side. All smoke is purchased and supplied by the club but up to supporters on its deployment. We also have to comply by weather situations - the other night it was a no go due to the winds.

Anyone caught bringing in or setting off smoke or other pyro devices will be subject to whatever infractions the security team and police feel applicable but to my knowlege a ban from all MLSE property is possible for whatever duration they see fit, a ban from CNE grounds for a year and possible charges from the police.

Please leave the pyro at home, nobody wants to risk what we have going right now.

Derko
05-09-2014, 09:04 AM
Hi everyone, new to the forum but been a season ticket holder for a while now. I was just wondering what would happen if I snuck smoke bombs/fireworks/ect. into the stadium and set them off? Would I be kicked out, banned, or what?

The definitive words are highlighted. I think that sums it up. If you have to sneak stuff in, it must be verboten.

jabbronies
05-09-2014, 09:17 AM

hahaha watch out people, this guy is gonna try some shit - otherwise why else would he want to know where to find the canisters

Tony Santiago
05-09-2014, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the responses. I thought it looked really intense for whoever was near it during the New England game. It did not look pleasant at all...that being said, if those near it think it wasn't bad that's my answer...I'm not really sure how one makes any form of smoke "non toxic", but whatever. I'm glad it doesn't bother you.

Are you saying that it's you guys who control the smoke in those pre-game canisters? Are you also saying that you could do it whenever you want? Pre-game is as good a time as any, in my opinion, I'm just curious.

Also, as an aside, for those that read my thread the other day about drumming...one point that was lost was that I really think the guy who drums looks like a good guy. He's always smiling and seems like a generally nice guy and great TFC supporter and he means well. You can tell just by looking at the guy from a distance that he has a good heart and would be pleasant to be around. I know it's off topic, so I won't say anymore about it. I just wanted to say that.

Phil
05-09-2014, 02:09 PM
^^^ the NE game the wind pulled it into the stand, so a lot of smoke stayed pretty planted in the crowd. That being said, it was a bit much - but we were hopeful it would keep the bugs away :)

It is supporter controlled, we sometimes do it at kick off, for goals and have done it during the run of play as encouragement for the team. Still working out how it all works with everyone though. The other groups in Usector and sg114 are good guys to work with.

Supporting
05-09-2014, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the responses I was just curious!!

Supporting
05-09-2014, 02:47 PM
hahaha watch out people, this guy is gonna try some shit - otherwise why else would he want to know where to find the canisters

http://replygif.net/i/1049.gif

jabbronies
05-09-2014, 03:50 PM
http://replygif.net/i/1049.gif

lol :flare:

nascarguy
05-09-2014, 05:10 PM
I love the smoke and it's the only think that keeps me in the supporter section.

denime
05-09-2014, 07:11 PM
I love the smoke and it's the only think that keeps me in the supporter section.

What kept you in supporter section last 7 years when we did not have smoke?

nascarguy
05-09-2014, 08:20 PM
What kept you in supporter section last 7 years when we did not have smoke?
this is the 2nd year that had a ticket in 114. Last season I only use my seat once for haft the game and then was in 111. This season I have been in 114 for SG114 for 4 games and things are not going good

Fort York Redcoat
05-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the responses. I thought it looked really intense for whoever was near it during the New England game. It did not look pleasant at all...that being said, if those near it think it wasn't bad that's my answer...I'm not really sure how one makes any form of smoke "non toxic", but whatever. I'm glad it doesn't bother you.

Are you saying that it's you guys who control the smoke in those pre-game canisters? Are you also saying that you could do it whenever you want? Pre-game is as good a time as any, in my opinion, I'm just curious.

Also, as an aside, for those that read my thread the other day about drumming...one point that was lost was that I really think the guy who drums looks like a good guy. He's always smiling and seems like a generally nice guy and great TFC supporter and he means well. You can tell just by looking at the guy from a distance that he has a good heart and would be pleasant to be around. I know it's off topic, so I won't say anymore about it. I just wanted to say that.

You're right about that guy and you didn't have to say that but compliments are never off topic as far as I'm concerned. Thanks, Tony.

Supporting
05-11-2014, 02:13 PM
doesn't this look awesome though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xqRSghubSY

nascarguy
05-11-2014, 03:07 PM
Yes yes I love it

Tony Santiago
05-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Not really, in my opinion. It looks like a bunch of middle class people pretending to be soccer ultras. Again just my opinion.

Supporting
05-12-2014, 07:28 PM
Not really, in my opinion. It looks like a bunch of middle class people pretending to be soccer ultras. Again just my opinion.

How are they pretending? And what does age have to do with it?

molenshtain
05-12-2014, 07:44 PM

oh my

FluSH
05-12-2014, 09:22 PM

LOL

Best response YTD!

FluSH
05-12-2014, 09:27 PM
This topic has been talked about ad naseam... Chants will always be greater than Pyro in the stands...

It takes absolutely no effort to have 10 guys light up flares or smoke bombs... None. However, it takes an organized firm (for lack of better terms) to get hundreds of people chanting as the 12th man.

molenshtain
05-12-2014, 09:34 PM
^^ I don't think the point of pyro is to display a certain amount of effort since there are various other avenues through which to do so (loud coordinated songs, Tifo's mainly). The point of pyro is to add to the hostile atmosphere the fans have to create. obviously it's not everyone's cup of tea but I like it.

Tony Santiago
05-12-2014, 09:58 PM
How are they pretending? And what does age have to do with it?

It's hard to explain I guess. It's a North America compared to everywhere else thing.

Our culture is not fanatical based concerning sports like it is for soccer in other countries. I remember having a conversation with a Brazilian couple who were tourists while attending a Blue Jays game. The Jays were playing the Yankees, and they couldn't wrap their head around the idea that Yankees fans were intermingled with the Jays fans. I was having some aggressive banter with Yankees fans (as I do) but it was never going to be violent. That is our culture. I am passionate, but I can still sit beside an opposing teams fans without police separating us. That is the majority of MLS fans history in a stadium...nothing resembling Ultra culture.

North America, for much of modern history (the time of organized sport, the industrial era basically) has also been wealthier than Europe and South America and has had political stability. This has bread different type of support. To me, ours comes off as manufactured (concerning flares and smoke bombs) where as it comes off as authentic due to a history of strife elsewhere.

Just my two cents. Age really has nothing to do with it, other than that's who can mostly afford to spend money on tickets and smoke bombs and flares and all that stuff. It isn't cheap.

molenshtain
05-12-2014, 10:35 PM
It's hard to explain I guess. It's a North America compared to everywhere else thing.

Our culture is not fanatical based concerning sports like it is for soccer in other countries. I remember having a conversation with a Brazilian couple who were tourists while attending a Blue Jays game. The Jays were playing the Yankees, and they couldn't wrap their head around the idea that Yankees fans were intermingled with the Jays fans. I was having some aggressive banter with Yankees fans (as I do) but it was never going to be violent. That is our culture. I am passionate, but I can still sit beside an opposing teams fans without police separating us. That is the majority of MLS fans history in a stadium...nothing resembling Ultra culture.

North America, for much of modern history (the time of organized sport, the industrial era basically) has also been wealthier than Europe and South America and has had political stability. This has bread different type of support. To me, ours comes off as manufactured (concerning flares and smoke bombs) where as it comes off as authentic due to a history of strife elsewhere.

Just my two cents. Age really has nothing to do with it, other than that's who can mostly afford to spend money on tickets and smoke bombs and flares and all that stuff. It isn't cheap.

So, just to clear this up a bit, we should not be able to use flares then because our fan-base isn't rife with poverty and our rivalries don't hinge on political or sectarian unease? just to make sure, this is what your saying, correct?

that's a very odd argument. I can want to intimidate the opposition and create a siege mentality at BMO because it's fun and I think it helps my team. I also fucking hate essentially every team we play. I don't see why I have to be subjected to political/social/religious unrest to feel that way.

PS: Jays game are jays games. When New York comes suddenly half of the GTA is from New York. They're fare weather and not very interested in what's actually going on on the field. Have you seen the types of people going to Jays games these last few years? there are a fucking ton of 16-35 year old women treating jays games as a fucking runway. It's a casual social gathering, I wouldn't compare that to the atmosphere at basically all other sporting events, even in this city.

Red4ever
05-12-2014, 10:57 PM
Anyone who brings pyro risks tossing up what the leadership has worked hard for amd is not alignd with the spirit of RPB. I'm a grown ass man, and I will go all Joseph McCarthy on those who bring in fireworks and flares. Know that.

BuSaPuNk
05-13-2014, 08:28 AM
Anyone who brings pyro risks tossing up what the leadership has worked hard for amd is not alignd with the spirit of RPB. I'm a grown ass man, and I will go all Joseph McCarthy on those who bring in fireworks and flares. Know that.

Yep no discussion to have. We have what we do after years of work done by Phil, Boris, Jack and countless others. No sense to jeporidize the work of the group by doing something stupid.

Not only are they banned in BMO there's also sanctions if your caught on Exibition property and GO transit property with them. So really comes down to if you have to ask don't.

Fort York Redcoat
05-13-2014, 08:44 AM

Manufactured. Like most rivalries in NA. NY/Boston. Toronto/Montreal. It goes past the game to the history of the rivalry.

To say Manufactured is true. It's also a complete copout. There was always someone who did it first and looking elsewhere in the world do we question who's done it second and third as nations? No. Because they've been at it for decades. Like you say we're a young league and I take it as part of the pioneering aspect to do things another way in the face of those that say "It's just not what we do here".

Clearly the league sees the plus side of it.

So while I don't need flares at a game I'm definitely not going to capitulate supporting the way I like because so many other sports here are lifeless in the stands.

We have an opportunity here to make a kind of support in our image. If people think it's a diluting of Ultra culture I'd have to remind them that here in NA we've had a history of doing it our way AND celebrating the best of something and leaving the worst aspects out.

That's not hard to see. It just seems hard to accept sometimes.

/rant

OgtheDim
05-13-2014, 09:40 AM
....Have you seen the types of people going to Jays games these last few years? there are a fucking ton of 16-35 year old women treating jays games as a fucking runway. It's a casual social gathering, I wouldn't compare that to the atmosphere at basically all other sporting events, even in this city....

It was like that back at the Old Ex, BTW. Except back then you could bring a book and get a tan out the far end of the grandstand.

Baseball has always been a game requiring little involvement.

OfficeGuy
05-13-2014, 10:09 AM

Yep no discussion to have. We have what we do after years of work done by Phil, Boris, Jack and countless others. No sense to jeporidize the work of the group by doing something stupid.

Not only are they banned in BMO there's also sanctions if your caught on Exibition property and GO transit property with them. So really comes down to if you have to ask don't.

Absolutely - both hit the mark here.

No disrespect to the OP - but Supporters Section is wholeheartedly due to the Groups that are very active and they deserve Kudos for all their efforts. Hence, we have some smoke on tap!

When the flare incident happened in NEE Supporter Section-it quickly lead to its demise. Where is NEE now -->There is no glory in bringing that contraband into BMO.

Abou Sky
05-13-2014, 11:41 AM
It was like that back at the Old Ex, BTW. Except back then you could bring a book and get a tan out the far end of the grandstand.

Baseball has always been a game requiring little involvement.

I kind of like that it requires little involvement. I can go to a game with my wife and chat through it, something that with an 8 and 10 year old we don't get to do all that much.

Tony Santiago
05-13-2014, 08:10 PM
For molenshtain:

No, that's not what I'm saying. I can't understand how you can miss my point so much. If you don't get what I'm saying it's unfortunate, but I don't care enough to explain more than I have.

I go to Jays games. It would appear we go to different Blue Jays games because I find people are into the games when I go. There are certainly a lot of hot girls there, but I don't see that as a problem.

Tony Santiago
05-13-2014, 08:28 PM
Manufactured. Like most rivalries in NA. NY/Boston. Toronto/Montreal. It goes past the game to the history of the rivalry.

To say Manufactured is true. It's also a complete copout. There was always someone who did it first and looking elsewhere in the world do we question who's done it second and third as nations? No. Because they've been at it for decades. Like you say we're a young league and I take it as part of the pioneering aspect to do things another way in the face of those that say "It's just not what we do here".

Clearly the league sees the plus side of it.

So while I don't need flares at a game I'm definitely not going to capitulate supporting the way I like because so many other sports here are lifeless in the stands.

We have an opportunity here to make a kind of support in our image. If people think it's a diluting of Ultra culture I'd have to remind them that here in NA we've had a history of doing it our way AND celebrating the best of something and leaving the worst aspects out.

That's not hard to see. It just seems hard to accept sometimes.

/rant

If you think NY/Boston rivalries or Toronto/Montreal rivalries are manufactured I'm not sure what the point is of talking sports with you.

The rest of what you're saying is some strange rant that makes little sense to me.

Cultures developed differently. Flares at sporting events isn't natural to a North American audience. You can force it all you want, feel free. I don't see the point in trying to emulate other cultures in hopes that some day it becomes natural....especially when it's a watered down version of the original.

It's funny to me that some could consider something sanctioned by the club and league, after all safety precautions have been taken, without threat of any kind from the fans due to fear of being kicked out forever "intimidating".

Fort York Redcoat
05-14-2014, 08:02 AM
If you think NY/Boston rivalries or Toronto/Montreal rivalries are manufactured I'm not sure what the point is of talking sports with you.

The rest of what you're saying is some strange rant that makes little sense to me.

Cultures developed differently. Flares at sporting events isn't natural to a North American audience. You can force it all you want, feel free. I don't see the point in trying to emulate other cultures in hopes that some day it becomes natural....especially when it's a watered down version of the original.

It's funny to me that some could consider something sanctioned by the club and league, after all safety precautions have been taken, without threat of any kind from the fans due to fear of being kicked out forever "intimidating".

Nope. NY/Boston and Toronto/Montreal have history. That's what makes them more than a "manufactured" rivalry. But I appreciate you considering "not talking sports with me". Necessary condescension, Tony?

Cultures do develop differently. Our football culture, in short, is still developing like our society has- With a bit of everything.

What's funny to me is how much you worry about "forcing", "emulating", and "what's natural" to an NA audience.

I'll go ahead and keep forcing what a few of us now consider natural on matchday.

You go ahead and keep worrying what other people think about it.

But this is concerning Flares specifically which for the present is a non starter.

Wince
05-14-2014, 09:04 AM
My 2 cents. As someone who is far removed from BMO Field and can only watch TFC on TV, I HATE PYRO!! You have no idea what that does the the picture on my screen... I always pray for strong winds and a quick end to the flare's.

Fort York Redcoat
05-14-2014, 09:17 AM
My 2 cents. As someone who is far removed from BMO Field and can only watch TFC on TV, I HATE PYRO!! You have no idea what that does the the picture on my screen... I always pray for strong winds and a quick end to the flare's.

Smoke. We don't have flares. That's what's being kiboshed here.

Carts
05-14-2014, 09:26 AM
Here's my kind of PYRO...

http://img0.goingslowly.com/photos/normal/5854798777.jpg

Camp / Beach / Backyard fire with BEERS - after a TFC win... CAN'T BEAT IT! :drinking:

Add in some hotter ladies than in this pic mind you! LOL (Maybe even a stripper! :hide:)

Carts...

Newell
05-14-2014, 09:36 AM
I view a "manufactured" rivalry as a selling point FO has tried to concoct, and most often is noticeably fake. There has been a known hatred between both cities in every sport they play, couple that with the whole french/english and other historical events. How any one can suggest there isn't a real rivalry is beyond me. As soon as Impact joined the league you think either one of those organizations had to "manufacture" any type of rivalry. No. It was bound to happen without any manufacturing of any kind because it is a fierce competition that has been going on for ages.

And pyro is great. All of it :p

Fort York Redcoat
05-14-2014, 09:56 AM
I view a "manufactured" rivalry as a selling point FO has tried to concoct, and most often is noticeably fake. There has been a known hatred between both cities in every sport they play, couple that with the whole french/english and other historical events. How any one can suggest there isn't a real rivalry is beyond me. As soon as Impact joined the league you think either one of those organizations had to "manufacture" any type of rivalry. No. It was bound to happen without any manufacturing of any kind because it is a fierce competition that has been going on for ages.

And pyro is great. All of it :p

Yes Montreal has been and always will be rivals with Toronto beyond sport. It's on a bigger level and there's nothing manufactured about it.

Manufactured is being discussed as anything that hasn't been the origin of a type of support. Which I believe to be a copout.

Bringing it back to smoke there are plenty of countries that use it that didn't use it first.

TFC Tifoso
05-14-2014, 12:56 PM

No disrespect to the OP - but Supporters Section is wholeheartedly due to the Groups that are very active and they deserve Kudos for all their efforts. Hence, we have some smoke on tap!

When the flare incident happened in NEE Supporter Section-it quickly lead to its demise. Where is NEE now -->There is no glory in bringing that contraband into BMO.

whatever incident you are describing had absolutely nothing to do with NEE's "demise"........

and kudos to the current management for allowing controlled smoke at BMO.....it looks fantastic!.......here's hoping it gets expanded further and possibly to other sections.......

Ricky_Portugal
05-14-2014, 01:03 PM

its not fair to bring up why or why not NEE disbanded unless u are aware of all the facts many of those members of NEE now stand with us in 114 and what disbanded NEE was not pyro if you noticed 127 during the montreal game nee still lives they just gave up on mlse and the way the run the club so please before people make assumptions know the facts

Tony Santiago
05-14-2014, 03:14 PM
Yes Montreal has been and always will be rivals with Toronto beyond sport. It's on a bigger level and there's nothing manufactured about it.

Manufactured is being discussed as anything that hasn't been the origin of a type of support. Which I believe to be a copout.

Bringing it back to smoke there are plenty of countries that use it that didn't use it first.

cop-out also cop·out (kŏp′out′)n. Slang 1. A failure to fulfill a commitment or responsibility or to face a difficulty squarely.
2. A person who fails to fulfill a commitment or responsibility.
3. An excuse for inaction or evasion.

I'm not sure what you think the word "copout" means, but it's meaning doesn't fit how you're using it.

What I'm saying isn't a copout, it's sensible. Everything is always taken to an extreme. I don't see the logic in trying to emulate something that is a cheap imitation of the original simply because others do it. That doesn't make it a copout.

Anyway, the following point is what gets me banned by you (not sure exactly why) but once again, if you don't like condescension then don't use it yourself. It's a two way street. Your post drips with sarcasm while you scold me for the same.

Fort York Redcoat
05-14-2014, 03:36 PM
cop-out also cop·out (kŏp′out′)n. Slang 1. A failure to fulfill a commitment or responsibility or to face a difficulty squarely.
2. A person who fails to fulfill a commitment or responsibility.
3. An excuse for inaction or evasion.

I'm not sure what you think the word "copout" means, but it's meaning doesn't fit how you're using it.

What I'm saying isn't a copout, it's sensible. Everything is always taken to an extreme. I don't see the logic in trying to emulate something that is a cheap imitation of the original simply because others do it. That doesn't make it a copout.

Anyway, the following point is what gets me banned by you (not sure exactly why) but once again, if you don't like condescension then don't use it yourself. It's a two way street. Your post drips with sarcasm while you scold me for the same.

Inaction. It's in most of your suggestions. To not act. And this isn't condescension. I'm pointing out how you're posts are trying to demean and it loses the point.

You state how you don't understand things and people are going to simplify for you.

I was not condescending in my response to you. I explain why we do what we do.

Any other mod issues you have should be PM'd to a mod. They can tell you more about the process you seem to be confused about.

Red Rat
05-14-2014, 03:57 PM

quick to answer

quick answer.

Just to show you what kind of dicks they are, one of the drummers sneaked in a midget inside the drum only to be caught at the gates. He was charged and banned for life!!!
Just don't try, do or do not. never try

FluSH
05-14-2014, 11:01 PM
Bottom line RPB does not support Pyro - Full Stop.

Pyro to me is crutch support.

More effort is placed on talking about Pyro and using Pyro (which is something that anyone can do) than actually doing and working on the #1 essential which is Chants/Songs...

my 2 cents

__wowza
05-15-2014, 01:54 AM
Bottom line RPB does not support Pyro - Full Stop.

Pyro to me is crutch support.

More effort is placed on talking about Pyro and using Pyro (which is something that anyone can do) than actually doing and working on the #1 essential which is Chants/Songs...

my 2 cents

What flush said, I'd rather have 90 minutes of pure vocal lunacy in the stands than 60 minutes and a canister being popped.

General Woolfe
05-15-2014, 02:21 AM
Pyro is like graffiti. Its great when it works well and pathetic when done by Toys. The illegality of it is part of its charm and it works best in large crowds. Having club official sanctioned smoke seems contradictory to me... a bit like legal graf walls

It does seem a bit forced at most MLS games, and should be reserved for times when their are bigger crowds or the match is more important than a regular season game

mook-life
05-15-2014, 06:55 PM
Finally to here someone like minded I haven't heard the term toy in years since I used to paint

Ps I know off topic

FluSH
05-15-2014, 07:52 PM
Pyro is like graffiti. Its great when it works well and pathetic when done by Toys. The illegality of it is part of its charm and it works best in large crowds. Having club official sanctioned smoke seems contradictory to me... a bit like legal graf walls

It does seem a bit forced at most MLS games, and should be reserved for times when their are bigger crowds or the match is more important than a regular season game

Best Anology of Pyro ever posted on these boards!!

P.S. There are a few former "painters" on here...

RedRum
05-16-2014, 02:37 AM
ITT:

Pro-pyro guys. Anti-pyro guys. People who talk of the importance of vocal support but conveniently ignore the fact ours is sadly lacking... for WAY too many years.

I get the feeling that some people thought (support-wise) everything was going to fix itself this year with a couple big signings. It didn't. Southeast corner, once great - is a morgue now. Not a slag. The truth. We could have been so much better. With foresight. A plan for the future. Wasn't on the agenda I guess.

Vast majority of the guys that lead, be it vocally or artistically just called it a day. Team play and management factored into it, yes... but that was never the core root of the problem.

Finally, to the guy that felt compelled to comment on NEE. You seem very in tune with the goings-on regarding that. Please enlighten us further. I am sure it will make for a fascinating read.

Abou Sky
05-16-2014, 06:11 AM
Redrum, good to see you back on here.

I am kind of surprised at how dead the stands are this year. 111-113 were much louder in 2011 & 2012 (years to forget as far as performance goes)

My $.02, Pyro is tertiary at best behind tifo/banners and singing.

So... Question is, how do we get people back to belting out songs for the whole 90+?

Second /third capo's half way up?

FYR & Wowza not allowing luls from their side? (which may mean having 3-4 capos through the game)

IDK

?

prizby
05-16-2014, 08:14 AM
Redrum, good to see you back on here.

I am kind of surprised at how dead the stands are this year. 111-113 were much louder in 2011 & 2012 (years to forget as far as performance goes)

My $.02, Pyro is tertiary at best behind tifo/banners and singing.

So... Question is, how do we get people back to belting out songs for the whole 90+?

Second /third capo's half way up?

FYR & Wowza not allowing luls from their side? (which may mean having 3-4 capos through the game)

IDK

?

get rid of the people who buy the cheap seats for exactly that - being cheap...they aren't their to support the team...it is sad how many times we'll be singing songs and all you hear in the background is how someone's weekend was, or who they are going for drinks with etc etc

Fort York Redcoat
05-16-2014, 08:34 AM
get rid of the people who buy the cheap seats for exactly that - being cheap...they aren't their to support the team...it is sad how many times we'll be singing songs and all you hear in the background is how someone's weekend was, or who they are going for drinks with etc etc

Who gets rid of these people? How do they determine the culprits?

backbeat
05-16-2014, 08:41 AM

that drives me nuts - i mean i'm not even in the supporters section (223) but i have this row of 4 guys right behind me that have had seasons for years and the whole game is a catch-up on the week, vacation plans gossiping etc. with the odd comment every now and then about the game - i've had to bite my tongue from turning around and saying, "why the fuck are you here, why not go to a pub and talk and glance at the game on TV every now and then?" - i can't imagine that in the supporters section - it would be like amplifying my situation a 100 times

Red Rat
05-16-2014, 08:49 AM
Who gets rid of these people? How do they determine the culprits?

Give me the power.... I will start with my brother in law. First I will beat the shit out of him then feed him to hungry carps from the Pickering nuclear Station, these are savage fish... Then I will throw everyone else in

Pint
05-16-2014, 09:29 AM
literally impossible to get rid of those people... they have done "nothing wrong" other than being in an area they don't really belong. You can't go to security and say "this guy won't stop quietly talking about his weekend can you kick him out to another section".

backbeat
05-16-2014, 11:59 AM
literally impossible to get rid of those people... they have done "nothing wrong" other than being in an area they don't really belong. You can't go to security and say "this guy won't stop quietly talking about his weekend can you kick him out to another section".

maybe as it stands now but i do think supporters groups should have control and say who gets seats in the supporters section.

Pint
05-16-2014, 12:03 PM
maybe as it stands now but i do think supporters groups should have control and say who gets seats in the supporters section.

don't disagree but that would make for a huge and complex task for the MLSE exec, front office, and leadership within each group.

I don't think the appetite is their from the first 2 parties but who knows what happens moving forward

OgtheDim
05-16-2014, 12:34 PM

Right now on Tickemaster, there is a ticket for the Portland game.

Second row

prizby
05-16-2014, 02:34 PM
don't disagree but that would make for a huge and complex task for the MLSE exec, front office, and leadership within each group.

I don't think the appetite is their from the first 2 parties but who knows what happens moving forward

might be easier to do with a rebuilt stand

Fort York Redcoat
05-17-2014, 05:56 AM
might be easier to do with a rebuilt stand

"Thank you for your 8 seasons being a season ticket holder. We'd like to invite you to our new dynamic seating for season 9! If you'd be so kind to take this quick survey with obviously loaded questions about support we can find out if you're eligible for your old seats!"

I don't see it bud.

prizby
05-17-2014, 09:02 AM
"Thank you for your 8 seasons being a season ticket holder. We'd like to invite you to our new dynamic seating for season 9! If you'd be so kind to take this quick survey with obviously loaded questions about support we can find out if you're eligible for your old seats!"

I don't see it bud.

did they pay a seat licence?

Tony Santiago
05-17-2014, 09:09 AM
In my opinion there is nothing wrong with the support. It's great. More and more I find people are really into the action on the field. Occasionally most will join in to a solid chant or song, and it's all good. Some will talk about their lives as the game happens...so what? Most still react strongly to what is happening on the field. There is a good energy in the stadium.

If you are expecting that someday we will grow or change or whatever into a crowd that sings for 90 minutes you will forever be disappointed. It hasn't happened into the 8th year, and personally I am less and less inspired by the bland songs that most other teams sing too. I really get into The Massive and The Bounce, but for the most part I am a TFC clap clap clap guy who screams and yells at the refs and calls for passes to certain people and discusses the play. I think there are many fans like me, and that isn't a a bad thing. I give off energy, but it just isn't always about singing for me.

Anyway, I think we as fans and supporters are great. Don't be disappointed that we don't sing for 90 minutes or that people who aren't rabid supporters make their way into the supporter sections. The energy and passion is still palpable.

Abou Sky
05-17-2014, 12:01 PM

You bet your ass that I can and I will!

Greatest Ripoff
05-17-2014, 12:07 PM
that drives me nuts - i mean i'm not even in the supporters section (223) but i have this row of 4 guys right behind me that have had seasons for years and the whole game is a catch-up on the week, vacation plans gossiping etc. with the odd comment every now and then about the game - i've had to bite my tongue from turning around and saying, "why the fuck are you here, why not go to a pub and talk and glance at the game on TV every now and then?" - i can't imagine that in the supporters section - it would be like amplifying my situation a 100 times

This was one of my major gripes when I had tickets. I changed my seat three years in a row and still always ended up with people like this behind me.

Supporting
05-19-2014, 09:00 PM
I loved the smoke at the game on Saturday! :flare:

molenshtain
05-19-2014, 09:03 PM
Seconded^^. Had a great look from the west side.

RedRum
05-19-2014, 11:21 PM
I loved the smoke at the game on Saturday! :flare:

Seconded^^. Had a great look from the west side.

Don't you guys ever think of the children? I had to take 10-12 steps from where I stood with my asthmatic 8 year old to get out of that mess. Nobody should have to endure such hardship and inconvenience in a supporter section.

Will say vocal support was decent Saturday. Hopefully something to build on.

Ivy
05-20-2014, 03:55 AM
Don't you guys ever think of the children? I had to take 10-12 steps from where I stood with my asthmatic 8 year old to get out of that mess. Nobody should have to endure such hardship and inconvenience in a supporter section.

Will say vocal support was decent Saturday. Hopefully something to build on.
I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not lol.

Fort York Redcoat
05-20-2014, 08:34 AM
I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not lol.

Yah he likes to keep it mysterious but I'm pretty sure he's pro smoke.

Red4ever
05-20-2014, 09:08 AM
Pyro sucks. I hate it. If it's the will of the majority then so be it, but it's not the kind of support I like.

I barely like smoke, I barely like flags during play but both of those things I support as it's the will of the group.

Flush is right. Let's learn how to be loud again then move onto the other things.

OgtheDim
05-20-2014, 09:53 AM
I think we all enjoyed some of it on Saturday in the second half - we got a whiff of it even up in 221.

Ricky_Portugal
05-20-2014, 11:59 AM
Would like to thank tom and phill the guys from u sector and of course yeoman and my self for the sweet smoke show that when on in the second half

and as phill knows well my stance will always be no pyro no party

Supporting
05-20-2014, 07:34 PM
Pyro sucks. I hate it. If it's the will of the majority then so be it, but it's not the kind of support I like.

I barely like smoke, I barely like flags during play but both of those things I support as it's the will of the group.

Flush is right. Let's learn how to be loud again then move onto the other things.

Were you the guy in the sunglasses who was saying (very sacrasticly/grumpily) we need more flags and smoke during the game on saturday but never participated in any chants???

FluSH
05-20-2014, 08:21 PM
Three pages about Pyro... Yet the chant session barely has 1 relevant thread with 3 pages...

It's sad

FluSH
05-20-2014, 08:22 PM
Were you the guy in the sunglasses who was saying (very sacrasticly/grumpily) we need more flags and smoke during the game on saturday but never participated in any chants???

Knowing what Cali brings I will tell you right now it's not him

Red4ever
05-20-2014, 09:18 PM

Nah must have been a different dude. But that guy would drive me nuts too. I shouldn't be so harsh on your thread, I have just never equated pyro with footy. My british roots say sitting in the rain eating shitty food go hand in hand with footy, so that's more my M.O.

I personally think it looks contrived, but as have always said , if there is a majority consensus and people get loud, I'm all for whatever makes that happen.

nascarguy
05-20-2014, 09:49 PM
Would like to thank tom and phill the guys from u sector and of course yeoman and my self for the sweet smoke show that when on in the second half

and as phill knows well my stance will always be no pyro no party
it looked great on tv did anyone get a photo

Ricky_Portugal
05-20-2014, 10:23 PM
only the one i posted on fb

prizby
05-20-2014, 10:26 PM
Three pages about Pyro... Yet the chant session barely has 1 relevant thread with 3 pages...

It's sad

1 is in the page that most people stop and visit; the other isn't...move the chant page over here

nascarguy
05-21-2014, 06:58 AM
I think we all enjoyed some of it on Saturday in the second half - we got a whiff of it even up in 221.

next game you should take some picture from there

ultra_hell07
05-22-2014, 09:54 PM
no pyro no party:flare::scarf:

London
05-23-2014, 04:49 AM
Annnnnnddddddd.... pyro now being taken away....... seen it coming from a 10000 miles away.... what a clusterfuck

Tony Santiago
05-23-2014, 06:08 AM
it looked great on tv did anyone get a photo

This is what it seems to be about more than anything.

Flush: I would say that there needs to be something fresh and original to inspire chanting. That's just my opinion. I have suggested it in the past so I'll do it again just so I don't suggest without an example. "De Ro" to the tune of Peter Gabriel's "Biko". Very simple and fits well, plus it's new and totally original.

My feeling is that it just needs an influx of new blood to pump life into the chanting and singing.

Fort York Redcoat
05-23-2014, 06:14 AM
This is what it seems to be about more than anything.

Flush: I would say that there needs to be something fresh and original to inspire chanting. That's just my opinion. I have suggested it in the past so I'll do it again just so I don't suggest without an example. "De Ro" to the tune of Peter Gabriel's "Biko". Very simple and fits well, plus it's new and totally original.

My feeling is that it just needs an influx of new blood to pump life into the chanting and singing.

There's been new songs every year. We keep the old one's in the roster for people who enjoy them and for the fact we get participation for the recognized chants.

Sing your song and get it started. If I can hear it I'll pass it on.

Tony Santiago
05-23-2014, 01:18 PM
I know there have been attempts at new songs, but they never seem to catch on for whatever reason. I will try my chant, as I have briefly in the past. I think if it could get the RPB bump (like the Colbert bump) it may have a chance.

I have never understood why The Legend TFC or Long May You Run never really caught on, but have always thought they had a legit chance. They have been given a few good tries, and once The Legend TFC was played on the PA system either before or after a game and it seemed to get people singing it. I wish they would do that on a regular basis.

I have always preferred a bunch of really strong chants over 90 minutes where 45 minutes is half-hearted anyway. Again, just my opinion.

Supporting
05-29-2014, 08:29 PM
wait so pyro is actually being taken away????

Cashcleaner
05-29-2014, 08:57 PM
Annnnnnddddddd.... pyro now being taken away....... seen it coming from a 10000 miles away.... what a clusterfuck

Where did you hear this? I haven't heard anything said from the club about this.

Pint
05-29-2014, 09:01 PM
smoke is not being taken away

eustacchio
05-29-2014, 09:05 PM
Is it being taken away from 114? I can't imagine London would say that without reason.

Pint
05-29-2014, 09:07 PM
I believe it has been taken away from 114 but the ones in 112 and 113 will stay in place

prizby
05-29-2014, 09:08 PM
Where did you hear this? I haven't heard anything said from the club about this.

just 114; yes it is gone...too many fair weather fans moaning and groaning

Supporting
05-29-2014, 09:16 PM
Who's the guy in the middle with the flare? I see him a lot and was wondering where you got ur flares?http://www.torontosupporters.org/content/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Top-Banner.jpg

Supporting
05-29-2014, 09:19 PM
what we should do is next game is bring a shit ton of smoke and if the people don't like it, they should leave the section!

BuSaPuNk
05-29-2014, 09:57 PM
what we should do is next game is bring a shit ton of smoke and if the people don't like it, they should leave the section!

Any smoke brought into BMO is against field rules and you will be ejected and probably banned. There not screwing around with it anymore.

Plus anything like that or any other issues and we will lose smoke for good.

Please abide by the rules and do not put yourself or anyone else in the position to have this happen.

Abou Sky
05-29-2014, 10:03 PM
^^^
Or at least bring smoke to the march!

__wowza
05-29-2014, 10:33 PM
Any smoke brought into BMO is against field rules and you will be ejected and probably banned. There not screwing around with it anymore.

Plus anything like that or any other issues and we will lose smoke for good.

Please abide by the rules and do not put yourself or anyone else in the position to have this happen.

what he said. i don't feel like being frisked every game for the rest of the season.

nascarguy
05-29-2014, 10:50 PM

yeah and I'm not going to go back to 114 in till the smoke it back in till things are better. I sold my ticket for 4 games in 114 and got a ticket from kings of the north for 127 Saturdays Columbus game. If things are not fixed by the end of season I may not being coming back or move to 127. I love TFC and do not want to start to hate the team just because some fair weather fans bitching and moaning.

Abou Sky
05-29-2014, 11:26 PM
^
Anyone even have ideas of how to fix things?

This is why I want to unite the families. One SG to go to the FO and say 'we represent 2000 people, give us 112-116 GA' and then divvy stuff up (Tribal Nation, flags/no flags, badass TIFO etc)

Convert the good tourists, huck the bad and kill it at every game.

Fort York Redcoat
05-30-2014, 06:08 AM
I think the pyro question has been answered in this thread. Do not be bringing it in to BMO and ruining what we've worked for. If you want to use it somewhere else that's up to you and nothing to do with the group.

Thank you.

Cashcleaner
05-30-2014, 12:48 PM

Why do I feel that there is more to this story?