PDA

View Full Version : Hail Cesar, Congrats to TFC's Julio !!!

Red CB Toronto
05-07-2014, 10:51 AM
With the announcement of Brazil's 23 man roster this morning, I still shake my head when I think the starting GK and Captain of a favourite heading into the 2014 World Cup plays for the Reds. I remember the day when Julio was first linked to TFC and I simply said no way, but then as we all know it did make sense to get him ready for June. I just want to congratulate Julio on meeting his objective of starting in the World Cup !!!

kodiakTFC
05-07-2014, 11:22 AM
Congrats Cesar. I've said it on here before but that idea that a TFC player is favored to win the World Cup blows my mind.

Oblio2
05-07-2014, 11:23 AM
Complete squad:
Goalkeepers: Julio Cesar (Toronto FC), Jefferson (Botafogo), Victor (Atletico Mineiro)
Defenders: David Luiz (Chelsea), Dante (Bayern Munich), Thiago Silva (Paris Saint-Germain), Henrique (Napoli), Maicon (Roma), Dani Alves (Barcelona), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Maxwell (Paris Saint-Germain)
Midfielders: Luiz Gustavo (Wolfsburg), Paulinho (Tottenham), Fernandinho (Manchester City), Ramires (Chelsea), Oscar (Chelsea), Willian (Chelsea), Hernanes (Inter Milan)
Strikers: Hulk (Zenit St. Petersburg), Bernard (Shakhtar Donetsk), Neymar (Barcelona), Jo (Atletico Mineiro), Fred (Fluminense)

prizby
05-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Complete squad:
Goalkeepers: Julio Cesar (Toronto FC), Jefferson (Botafogo), Victor (Atletico Mineiro)
Defenders: David Luiz (Chelsea), Dante (Bayern Munich), Thiago Silva (Paris Saint-Germain), Henrique (Napoli), Maicon (Roma), Dani Alves (Barcelona), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Maxwell (Paris Saint-Germain)
Midfielders: Luiz Gustavo (Wolfsburg), Paulinho (Tottenham), Fernandinho (Manchester City), Ramires (Chelsea), Oscar (Chelsea), Willian (Chelsea), Hernanes (Inter Milan)
Strikers: Hulk (Zenit St. Petersburg), Bernard (Shakhtar Donetsk), Neymar (Barcelona), Jo (Atletico Mineiro), Fred (Fluminense)

fixed for emphasis

Phil
05-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Good for him. We are lucky to have him on the squad!

C.Ronaldo
05-07-2014, 12:55 PM
we will noticed a huge difference in pace of game and pass accuracy when bendik is in net. But he can only learn from Ceasar.

and one more time for those HULIO chants. its JJJulio! This ignorance is surprising for a culture as diverse as Toronto's.

Red CB Toronto
05-07-2014, 01:05 PM
we will noticed a huge difference in pace of game and pass accuracy when bendik is in net. But he can only learn from Ceasar.

and one more time for those HULIO chants. its JJJulio! This ignorance is surprising for a culture as diverse as Toronto's.

That is so true when it comes to the chants, JJJulio, how hard is it to remember that.

QBall
05-07-2014, 04:18 PM
Out of curiosity does anyone know if he is obligated to come back to TFC after the World Cup?

Richard
05-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Out of curiosity does anyone know if he is obligated to come back to TFC after the World Cup?

I think the deal with QPR is a loan until the very end of the World Cup, afterwards I'm assuming it gets revaluated but the club has hinted Bendik is playing in the 2nd half of the year.

It really depends if QPR has buyers for him or they feel he can start for them.

notthesun
05-07-2014, 06:20 PM
I think the deal with QPR is a loan until the very end of the World Cup, afterwards I'm assuming it gets revaluated but the club has hinted Bendik is playing in the 2nd half of the year.

Uh, has it not been the exact opposite of this? Bezbatchenko said Cesar's loan runs for the entire MLS season and I thought Cesar himself said he plans to be here after the World Cup.

Richard
05-07-2014, 06:25 PM
Uh, has it not been the exact opposite of this? Bezbatchenko said Cesar's loan runs for the entire MLS season and I thought Cesar himself said he plans to be here after the World Cup.

Hmm I must have missed that, in any case the impression I got was that QPR would like him back for pre-season tour. Maybe 1-2 weeks after World Cup? Well it would be nice to have him the whole year. :hump:

kodiakTFC
05-07-2014, 11:26 PM

This. He's playing out the season with us.