PDA

View Full Version : What changes would you make to soccer?

Abou Sky
05-04-2014, 07:18 PM
Was talking about this with a friend today. I think that a couple of basic changes could really improve the game.

1. Refs should ALWAYS use the paint for free kicks, too many people inch up after they line up and it is just annoying.

2. Posthumous yellow cards & fines for diving, have review panels set up for all falls/dives/fouls whether called or not, you could allow for a certain number of appeals but double fines (or something) if you don't win the appeal

3. Goal line technology, this is just a no brainer

4. Add a second ref/assistant ON the field.

5. Only allow captains to speak to the refs, I may get mad at refs at times, but they need to feel safe at all times to do their job as well as possible.

Other ideas?

Pint
05-04-2014, 08:18 PM
The only thing i can think of that may make an impact is adding an additional sub for games that are in extra time... basically Cup and Playoff games

Kaz
05-04-2014, 09:36 PM
hover shoes...

zip lines.

Paint Ball Gauntlet

Naked female refs.

prizby
05-04-2014, 09:44 PM
1. I rather the referee just pay attention to the inching up and start handing out yellow cards more frequently...would end the inching up a lot more quickly, but all the referee's would have to be consistent on this measure

2. I don't believe in yellows...I believe a stricter policy of first time offender = 1 game suspension; second time offender = 2 game suspension; and escalating would eradicate most diving very quickly

3. Have to get the cost of this down...then yes, it is a no brainer

4. Disagree-every referee has a different opinion on what exactly is a foul, what exactly is card worthy, etc...having a 2nd 'referee' would be unfair to the players if 1 referee was letting stuff go, but the other wasn't

5. Agreed, wish they'd start giving out yellows for anyone else speaking to the ref...question - what do you do to goalies who have the arm band-designate an outfield player?

kodiakTFC
05-04-2014, 10:05 PM
The booking of players for simulation WAAAAAAY more.

LFC8
05-05-2014, 12:10 AM
Everything.

Cashcleaner
05-05-2014, 12:28 AM
I think most people will agree that the wide majority of rules as they are now are good, but not applied or enforced consistently - just like what Prizby mentioned about Sky's first point. When the ref points to a spot on the pitch for players to park themselves, it's not open to debate or interpretation. Diving and time wasting are also against the rules of the game - but in practice they just aren't enforced nearly as much as they should be. They should be, and I would support some sort of post-game review as Sky suggested for those and other more serious violations.

To be honest, there's really only one fundamental change I would make to the game, and that would be penalty kicks. Right now, in most pro leagues the chances of a goal off a penalty kick is typically around a 70% success rate. The fact is that the development of modern shooting techniques and equipment (ie: footwear) favours the penalty taker far too much when the range to target is a mere 12 yards. I would much rather have the penalty kick be taken anywhere outside the 18-yard box by the choosing of the penalty taker. This levels the field somewhat by giving the goalkeeper a little more reaction time, but also creates more shooting options for the penalty taker. It makes penalty kicks more dependent on skill, preparation, and creativity; and less on dumb luck and power.

What makes soccer such a great sport to watch, at least in my eyes, is the fact that it's so straight-forward and relatively easy to understand. It's a game that you can teach kids over the course of a few days and yet will take players years to fully master. Thankfully, not a lot really needs to be changed or improved upon.

Ossington Mental Youth
05-05-2014, 04:26 AM
hover shoes...

zip lines.

Paint Ball Gauntlet

Naked female refs.

Holy shit, i was going to say the same thing (just about, was going to add something about muscular ladies and dudes in tight american flag gear shooting nerf arrows at people from distances)

brad
05-05-2014, 08:37 AM
I'd also like to see them cut down players crowding out the ref. Start handing out cards to everyone that does that and it stops in a hurry.

I also think that anytime a player is fined it should be in proportion to their wage. Fining a player making 100k/week 5k for something is not going to do anything.

Fort York Redcoat
05-05-2014, 09:02 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6018175232/h63B7EB82/

Leedsoronto
05-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Eye tests for linesmen and refs

Video ref.

5-6 subs

With the addition of the new clubs, why not start a MLS Championship league then introduce relegation and promotion.

TorontoGooner
05-05-2014, 10:38 AM
With the exception of punishing divers (which I agree needs to be stricter), I would not change a single thing. The one thing that separates football from any other sports is the amount of controversy surrounding officials' decisions. It leads to the pent up frustration and in turn passion that you see. Honestly, there's nothing better to get a crowd going then them thinking they have suffered injustice. Even when it goes against you, it riles you up to the point that all you want to do is win.

In other sports everything has to be clear cut, in black and white. Its the grey areas in football that I love.

Plus I've always thought that video refs would just hold the game up.

Leedsoronto
05-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Goal line cams in the UK are a good addition to the game IMO. Maybe extend that to a serious foul or penalty claim. It would stop diving I think if each time the faker got a yellow.

JonO
05-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Not really changed as much as properly enforced... I hate the time wasting. If a player goes down injured, get them off the field ASAP at the closest point. Very rarely is treatment on the pitch actually necessary. Also, player not so subtly kicking/throwing the ball away after a free kick has been awarded. Drives me nuts...

With regard to diving/simulation - I like the idea of post game review and fines. Also, publish a list of offenders for all (including refs) for all to see

nlsanand
05-05-2014, 09:11 PM
a) Just a yellow for last man foul when it results in a PK. The triple punishment of PK, red, and suspension for those fouls seems too intense to me. Doesn't apply when preventing a certain goal (handball on line, open net pull down). For goalies, the red only applies when it's intentional, not just a swipe a mistimed play on ball.

b) Real time 30 minute halves. The incentive to slow game down is so much because the full amount is never added back. This is not debatable; we've all seen it. There's a reason people do it. The only legit way to slow game down is to keep ball in the corner.

c) Determine a new version of 6 second rule that gets enforced on regular basis and consistently. Make it ten and require ref to count last 3 seconds so keeper knows.

d) Call grabbing on corners (both ways)

e) Consider ways to introduce direct kicks in the box where a PK is too big a penalty, but that leads to fouls not getting called. (I admit I don't know how to implement this right now).

f) No live rebounds on PKs. So unfair to keeper.

g) Get rid of weird rule where it's 2 players for offside, just say one defender. Refs always screw up this rule.

h) No offside where pass eminated in the opponents' box, and player was not in six yard box. Also, can't be offside when receiving pass in your own half. (No come back offside in this instance).

i) Offsides should apply on goal kicks.

j) 5 points for a win, 2 for a draw. 3 points for a win actually perverts things a little bit in my view, and rewards teams who are streaky.

k) Away goals rule is arbitrary, get rid of it. Use Mexican style tiebreaker for 2 leg matches where warranted.

l) Golden goal. Nuff said.

m) Experimental: Consider thing where u take one player off from each side after 120 minutes.

n) Less yellows for for dissent. Refs give this too much as a power trip.

o) Better clarity on unnatural position such that it's codified in the rules. Too many people say "ball to hand" when defender obviously created handball by making himself bigger.

p) Required: A beer and a shot at halftime with the orange slices.

Anything else?

Nerepis
05-05-2014, 09:31 PM
A foul in the box is a penalty, so why not a dive in the box is a penalty against the divers team. Right now there is no real incentive not to dive, a possible yellow card vs. an almost sure goal. Until there is a real consequence, the diving will stay.

Abou Sky
05-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Nlsanand, can you elaborate on B?

Nerepis
05-05-2014, 09:58 PM
^ I think he is saying 30 min. halves and the clock stops during dead balls and such.

glaze
05-05-2014, 10:00 PM
To fix the diving/ "injury" problem, I'd put in a simple fix. If the player goes off the field, he can't return for 5 minutes.
That move alone would abolish the fallacy of the stretcher.
The magic spray would probably still remain a fixture.

nlsanand
05-06-2014, 09:42 AM
^ I think he is saying 30 min. halves and the clock stops during dead balls and such. Exactly (I'm only guessing at 30 minutes is the right number). But the concept is you can't slow the game down simply by slowing down restarts.

ensco
05-06-2014, 10:38 AM
Get rid of offsides rule. Really. It's not that big a deal. Would spread the game out. Have linesman focus on foul calls and diving.

Need to fix soccer's crime and punishment problem, which would fix diving. The rewards for the victims for most fouls and hand balls in the box are disproportionate - most should result in indirect free kick, unless scoring chance is taken away.

Replace throw in with kick in. Would create a lot more scoring chances.

nlsanand
05-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Get rid of offsides rule. Really. It's not that big a deal. Would spread the game out. Have linesman focus on foul calls and diving.

Need to fix soccer's crime and punishment problem, which would fix diving. The rewards for the victims for most fouls and hand balls in the box are disproportionate - most should result in indirect free kick, unless scoring chance is taken away.

Replace throw in with kick in. Would create a lot more scoring chances.

No offsides would lead to more goal poaching and forcing defenders to stay at home (much more deep). When you play at the park with no linesmen, people just don't run back on defence then think they're Luis Suarez when they get a counterattack goal.

pdogg
05-06-2014, 10:42 AM
I think the 60 minutes is bang-on from what I've seen in games - the dead ball time is extremely frustrating, both when we're winning and losing.

A quick google search came up with a few interesting articles on ball-in-play time for the EPL and other leagues. The articles themselves are good, but here's the relevant data

Soccer by the Numbers - How Much Football Is There In A Match? (http://www.soccerbythenumbers.com/2011/05/how-much-football-is-there-in-match.html)

Ball (not) in play - Effective Time in football (http://www.soccermetrics.net/team-performance/effective-time-in-football)

Effective time varied between 44 and 66 minutes in the 2010-11 season, centered about a mean effective playing time of 55 minutes 6 seconds

As an aside, I would like to see more enforcement of another timewasting measure, and that is the schoolyard tactic of kicking the ball away on dead plays (ie. after a foul) or walking away with the ball. Grown men, not children.

ensco
05-06-2014, 10:45 AM
No offsides would lead to more goal poaching and forcing defenders to stay at home (much more deep). When you play at the park with no linesmen, people just don't run back on defence then think they're Luis Suarez when they get a counterattack goal.

Fine by me. It would open the game up, and reward speed/endurance/athleticism on the pitch.

pdogg
05-06-2014, 10:48 AM
The rewards for the victims for most fouls and hand balls in the box are disproportionate - most should result in indirect free kick, unless scoring chance is taken away.

Handballs should be treated according to intent, as the ref sees it. Waving your hand around like an idiot, act like a goalkeeper or trying to knock down the ball - penalty kick and whatever card discipline is warranted. The ball hitting your hand because that's where your arms are when you turned or whatever, indirect free kick somewhere outside the box - corner kick maybe?

On a secondary note, how does Caldwell not have more handballs? He has his arms outstretched like he's trying to take off every time he goes after the ballholder.

Carts
05-06-2014, 10:53 AM
I like the idea if you go to ground, and the play is stopped, you're off the field for a minimum time...

This way, the odd knock, knee clap, toe step - guys would be forced to get up and get on with it. Sure they're limping, and fighting it off so you're vulnerable - but if the official stops play, your side is down to 10-men for a few mins...

If this was in place, the amount of time play is stopped for guys rolling around on the ground would all but stop...

Down you go, the ref is glancing over, play goes on, you give him a wave and suck it up and get up...

brad
05-06-2014, 11:27 AM
An interesting view on any notion of handing out stiffer bans/supsensions or cards...

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/13015/referees-told-to-respect-premier-league-brand/

Anyway, moving on, last week I met up with a prospective candidate who is interested in becoming our “Secret Referee”. This is a guy who has refereed all the greats and, to be honest, he had me hanging on his every anecdote. But it was his throwaway story about Scudamore that had me intrigued and not just because I’d already chosen to include him in this column.
The ref told me that during a Premier League meeting of top referees, Scudamore had finished off by saying: “And, remember, you’re not in a sport, you are part of the entertainment business. We don’t want our top players being sent off every week because it’s bad for the brand. We want them on the pitch as much as possible.”
Read more at http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/13015/referees-told-to-respect-premier-league-brand/#iGuem7FsfZ37vSUR.99

Oblio2
05-06-2014, 11:35 AM
The option of 1-2 challenges per game for a video replay under certain conditions. if you are successful, you get the decision but if you are not and the call stands...you lose the chance to make a subsitution and its removed. Doing that would stop willy nilly challenges.

I would remove the "rebound" for penalty kicks. I dont think its fair.

I would remove the "seeding" for competitions. Pull names from a hat. if Brazil, Italy, Holland and Germany get pulled. So be it.
Same with things like the FA Cup. Big teams enter in the 3rd round. I would eliminate that. All in together from the start. You dont want to play your stars...fine. You face the consequences if you lose.

Remove the stupid rule of having to go off, if you are injured to then walk straight back on.

I would like the Rugby rule. If there is a decision, say a free kick and you surround, swarm, abuse the ref...or just dont back off...ref can move it up 10 yards...and so on.

james
05-06-2014, 01:15 PM
To stop diving:

first off, ref calls remain until end of game. After every game fouls and calls by the ref are under review for up to 24 hours. Any players caught in the review for diving are fined a certain amount of money for first time offenders. 2nd time offenders are fined higher amount of money and suspended for 2 games. 3rd Time offenders are fined even higher amounts of money and suspended for 5 games, and so on like that.

eustacchio
05-06-2014, 01:33 PM
I would let players use their hands.

Oblio2
05-06-2014, 02:00 PM
For those asking for dives to be reviewed.
do you see a difference between diving and imbellishment?

Initial B
05-06-2014, 03:04 PM
More cheerleaders!

trane
05-06-2014, 04:12 PM
I would call it FOOTBALL.

razor787
05-06-2014, 05:35 PM
Ice skates. Still played on a grass field, but wearing ice skates.

RedsYNWA
05-06-2014, 08:40 PM
More of THIS

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2052589-danish-league-soccer-fans-make-spectacular-tifo-for-game-against-rivals

nlsanand
05-06-2014, 08:51 PM
a) Thought of one more. Metric, 100-105m field. 5 and 16m boxes. 10m on a free kick. Keep net same size. PKs from 12m (this in theory should reduce PK success %).

b) Kinda random one which I'm throwing out for discussion (just thought of this, not sure about it myself). Zonal offsides. You can only be in opponents' 6 yd. box if a defender (not keeper) is in it. Same goes for 18 yd. box. Same goes for their half of the field. This in theory should open game up, while still disallowing some elements of goal poaching and intentionally interfering with goalkeeper making a save.

lobo
05-06-2014, 10:40 PM
More of THIS
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2052589-danish-league-soccer-fans-make-spectacular-tifo-for-game-against-rivals

Stunning!

diving/embellishment/flopping/feigning injury/faking are all acts of simulation, cynical efforts to influence the ref to make a call that is not warranted, to gain an unfair advantage. for that reason, in my mind, they are the same. any distinction between diving and embellishment might be semantic, based on whether a foul was actually committed. diving would be an attempt to draw a foul where no foul was committed. embellishment would be an attempt to escalate an actual foul to a more severe punishment, ie. a simple foul becomes a yellow, a yellow becomes a red.

simulation happens in every sport, but it's very much out of control in soccer. a lot of the comments in this interesting thread are about penalty kicks, and the fact that PKs are so easily converted to goals ... and for this reason we see players getting touched or fouled in the area, and going down without even a thought to trying to play through for a shot on goal. they must see the odds of drawing a foul and scoring on a PK better than their odds of creating a scoring chance on their own. drives me nuts when i see a player throw himself down and throw away a chance on goal, when you know he could have stayed on his feet and continued. I know there is a lot of diving in hockey, but it does not usually happen if there is a real chance to score. It is a rare site to see a hockey player give up a scoring chance even as they are getting hacked and slashed, but it is far too frequent in football that a player will simply discontinue their attempt to score in the penalty area and throw themselves to the ground, flailing and wailing.

So, i kinda like the idea of making PKs a little less than a sure thing, perhaps it would change the odds enough that players might tough it out to get a scoring chance. But, i really want to see more consistent enforcement on simulation, in all sports. That may be a high hurdle in some parts of the world where it has sadly gone beyond tolerated, and become an accepted part of football.

james
05-08-2014, 11:39 PM

some diving calls are blatantly obvious in replays. Those shall be punished when reviewed. Many imbellishments are also blatantly obvious, those should also be punished. There are some calls that can be a bit harder to tell, but at least it would cut down on the diving bull shit and imbellishment and all that shit. You could never stop it 100% but you sure can cut the numbers down. Players would think twice about doing imbelishments and diving. Any imbellishment is not needed in this sport.

Roca
05-12-2014, 10:06 AM
No Budweiser allowed in any stadium!

dutch
05-17-2014, 02:39 AM
I would love to shorten the field to 300 feet from 420, so theres more time spent in the boxes.
3 games every 7 days schedule. Give a couple more subs and roster spots to alieve
fatigue and increase experience for young prospects.

Abou Sky
05-17-2014, 05:34 AM
^ I was thinking during V-cup that for at least the V-cup, allow 5 subs

lobo
05-17-2014, 10:36 PM
^ CSA should change the name of the tournament from [insert sponsor here] Canadian Championship to Voyageurs Cup (with sponsor if needed). Is there any other national cup competition that is not named for their cup?

West220Side
05-17-2014, 10:42 PM
Not enough players today play with passion, and are as loyal to the badge as they were in the days that I never got to see much of because of my age.
Wish I could see more one-club-players than the ones currently retiring Giggs, Zanetti, etc. Everybodys chasing the all mighty dollar, but I guess thats life.

My change. Passion.

Pookie
05-17-2014, 11:01 PM
Toying with the idea that if a player goes down "injured" and is forced to leave the pitch for "treatment" that they have to stay out for a minimum amount of time. Forcing their team to play a man down for that time. Usually at a critical point in the match.

The time wasting injuries are obvious. This would discourage it.

BUT it may just encourage studs up tackles to get an advantage?

Not sure how to solve the issue of the leading teams players going down and everyone else getting a rest and water only to be waived on a few seconds after play restarts.

Huyton
05-18-2014, 12:35 AM
There were a couple of things I liked about the old NASL.

1) There was a 35 yeard line, and there were no offside outside of it.

2) Instead of using normal penalty kicks for tie-breakers like we just saw in Vancouver, it was much more of an ice-hockey style Penalty. The ball was placed on the 35 yeard line, and the goalie could move after that. Once the ball went out of play, into the net, or stopped it's motion toward the goal line, the "play" was over. This givee the 'keeper a fighting chance.

For infringements where a penalty kick is awarded during a game, I'm not in favour of blowing play dead if the keeper prevents the ball from going in the net, does not control it and the ball stays on the field of play. The goalkeepers team is being punished - not being fair to the 'keeper is the whole point. If you like, having the penalty kick taker be the person be the player that was fouled, rather than having specialist kickers, then that might be a bit more interesting.

dutch
05-18-2014, 01:31 AM
I love the 35m yard line ice hockey idea, do you mean the striker could run with the ball for a few yards?> that would be awsome
start 140 feet out ie 35m, line drawn at the 44 foot marker ie standard 11m line. fuck I know what I'm gonna dream about tonight!!
turns, fake footing, stalls and power shots mmmmmmm
Pookie I always thought it should be if you go off, your off for the half. if you put someone off for the half and your at fault, your out for the game. like a red card but immediate. somtimes someone goes off and it no ones fault, again video review has to be mandatory, its 2014

cup HAS to be the Voyaguers Cup brought to you by the highest bidder. no question, most people dont know what nutrilite cup was 10 years down the road.

GuelphStorm2007
05-19-2014, 11:32 PM
EMBELLISHMENTS for Starters. Soccer has to crack down on them But it will not be easy. A lot of people I know who are not into soccer always whine about that. Actually have more subs from 3 to maybe 5 in a given game. Instant reply smiliar what they have in Rugby. And of course No Budwieser.

dupont
05-20-2014, 12:07 AM
I have to admit I don't really know the answer to this even though I love soccer... so can a ref call a foul in the box but not award a penalty kick? Sometimes I feel like something in the box deserves some sort of foul call but not necessarily a penalty kick. What ends up happening is that refs don't want to call anything in the box so players get away with dirty stuff but other times a penalty kick seems way too harsh. So yeah.. I want regular foul calls in the box sometimes and not PKs

LFC8
05-20-2014, 12:28 AM
^Should just make the player take the penalty from where he was fouled instead of letting him put it right in the centre.

David_Oliveira
05-20-2014, 06:24 AM
VIDEO REPLAY.

1 max each team per game. If the team gets it wrong, lose a sub. You can only challenge a call if you have a sub left

Milanista
05-20-2014, 09:36 AM
if you go down "injured" and your medical staff needs to come out, you should have to sit out for a certain amount of time. This would stop the fake injuries that happen 100 times a game

Pookie
05-20-2014, 09:41 AM
^Should just make the player take the penalty from where he was fouled instead of letting him put it right in the centre.

I like that. Another twist would be to allow the goalkeeper to come off his line when the whistle blows. Give them a fighting chance to cut down angles vs leaving it up to guessing.

Villa TFC
05-20-2014, 03:40 PM
Revert to the old off-side rule that if a player is in an off-side position, he's off-side. Regardless of whether he's picking his nose, chatting to an attractive blonde in the front row or just watching a teammate...he's off-side. None of this 'interfering with play' stuff. It's far too subjective for the ref, and even if a player is standing still and watching the ball carrier, the goalkeeper and defenders still have to keep an eye on them and therefore, they are still 'interfering with play.'

Super
05-20-2014, 04:00 PM
The only thing I would change about the game, or the rules to the game, would be to have golden goal in extra time. I'm tired of watching games get settled on penalties. 90 min reg leads to unlimited extra time - switching sides every 15 minutes. Eventually at least someone would score a goal.

greatwhitenorf
05-20-2014, 06:07 PM
No playing kits. Just body paint.

As for the men's game...

LFC8
05-20-2014, 06:10 PM
I like that. Another twist would be to allow the goalkeeper to come off his line when the whistle blows. Give them a fighting chance to cut down angles vs leaving it up to guessing.

Lol that would actually be really exciting.

Huyton
05-20-2014, 06:16 PM

So if the offense occurs less than 10 yeards from the goal line you might get a situation where there would be a free shot at the net without a goalie. Also, all players except the kicker and the opposing goalie, must be behind the ball and outside the penalty area.

I'd think that this might create situations where a defender would hack down an attacker as they're trying to work their way along the goal line as there would be essentially no chance of scoring.

So...I'd leave the kick alone...to be taken from the penalty spot, and all non-involved players behind the ball and outside of the penalty area.

The only change I'd make would be to have the attacking player who was fouled have to take the kick, or, the captain of the attacking team if the "foulee" is unable.

I'm still fine with the current placement.

Huyton
05-20-2014, 06:18 PM
Revert to the old off-side rule that if a player is in an off-side position, he's off-side. Regardless of whether he's picking his nose, chatting to an attractive blonde in the front row or just watching a teammate...he's off-side. None of this 'interfering with play' stuff. It's far too subjective for the ref, and even if a player is standing still and watching the ball carrier, the goalkeeper and defenders still have to keep an eye on them and therefore, they are still 'interfering with play.'

I like what Bill Shankly said about "not interfering with play":

"If he's not interfering with play, what's he doing on the field?"

greatwhitenorf
05-20-2014, 06:20 PM
Can't stand opposing players ambling up to the ball after a free kick is awarded and delaying the game until the ref orders them away. Automatic booking if you're on the offending team and within 10 yards of the ball within a prescribed period of time - 5-10 seconds.

LFC8
05-20-2014, 07:23 PM
So if the offense occurs less than 10 yeards from the goal line you might get a situation where there would be a free shot at the net without a goalie. Also, all players except the kicker and the opposing goalie, must be behind the ball and outside the penalty area.

I'd think that this might create situations where a defender would hack down an attacker as they're trying to work their way along the goal line as there would be essentially no chance of scoring.

So...I'd leave the kick alone...to be taken from the penalty spot, and all non-involved players behind the ball and outside of the penalty area.

The only change I'd make would be to have the attacking player who was fouled have to take the kick, or, the captain of the attacking team if the "foulee" is unable.

I'm still fine with the current placement.

All he would have to do is pass the ball to someone at the top of the box though.

Pookie
05-20-2014, 08:01 PM
^ And the defender risks a red card. Couldn't see it as a tactic to purposely chop a guy down on the line.

LFC8
05-20-2014, 08:34 PM
That red card rule i really hate. If he's alone on goal outside the penalty box and you take him down...for sure it's a straight red. But when you do it in the penalty box? That's a double negative. A penalty is a big enough punishment....no need to give him a red card too.

Oblio2
05-21-2014, 07:50 AM
yes

Oblio2
05-21-2014, 07:52 AM
I would also take the timing of the game away from the ref entirely and letr them just ref. Have a clock watcher ont eh sidelines time the game, stop the watch for stoppages and so on and then at then end of the game when time is up, tell the ref in his headset "blow it up" and its done.

trane
05-21-2014, 09:35 AM
That red card rule i really hate. If he's alone on goal outside the penalty box and you take him down...for sure it's a straight red. But when you do it in the penalty box? That's a double negative. A penalty is a big enough punishment....no need to give him a red card too.

My problem with reds in the box, many of them would not be reds outside the box, but just fouls maybe yellows , so just give a penalty unless it is really deserving a red anywhere on the pitch.