PDA

View Full Version : All-Star News Update: West Ham Moves Training Session...

Carts
07-22-2008, 09:55 AM
West Ham United moved their training session from BMO Field to the Ontario Soccer Centre in Vaughan today...

No reason was given for the change in venue...

Yesterday, West Ham United's training session was closed to the media, and help at Lamport Stadium...

The MLS All-Stars will gather and train together later today...

Carts...

Parkdale
07-22-2008, 09:57 AM
what? at Lamport? That place is coming along.

Nodoubtguy
07-22-2008, 09:58 AM
The all stars are training at Lamport?? anyone know what time??

Carts
07-22-2008, 10:15 AM
No No... All-Stars are meeting at BMO...

werewolf
07-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Fieldturf strikes again...?

noochie
07-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Fieldturf strikes again...?

That or the club asked them to, respectfully of course to ensure that there were no distractions ahead of tonight's match.

ensco
07-22-2008, 12:29 PM
further to Noochie's point....re-posted from another thread....

This is actually a major concern I have.

I'd bet some of them (the West Ham players) will be there tonight. My fear is that some of our guys will be distracted because so many buddies are in town, and they might excited about that (I'm not saying our guys are not professionals and don't care about the Impact game, I'm just saying it's human nature to be distracted). Robbo in particular knows a ton of the WHU players:

Bellamy, Bowyer and Dyer have ties to Robert (and Carver and Winsper, of course) from Newcastle,

Green and Ashton and Davenport were at Norwich with Brennan and Robbo

James Collins and Daniel Gabbidon are Welsh internationals, so must know Robbo well

Robbo also knows McCartney from Sunderland

Ricketts and Etherington were at Spurs together

Spector is a USMNT player and would know a bunch of our guys

(plus Upton played with Tebily at Birmingham, and Quashie was a teammate of Dichio's at QPR)

yellowfellow
07-22-2008, 12:33 PM
I don't think that's a concern. If anything, I think it's motivation for the boys. Do they want their friends to come here and watch them lose to a lower division team? Pressure is on, the boys are fired up, Montreal is in trouble!!

Stugatzo
07-22-2008, 01:25 PM
I don't think that's a concern. If anything, I think it's motivation for the boys. Do they want their friends to come here and watch them lose to a lower division team? Pressure is on, the boys are fired up, Montreal is in trouble!!

Agreed...what better way to show you mates how the North American game CAN be played than in a match that means something.
ASG means shit so it won't be a true reflection of anything except out ability to sing I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles.
:D:D

ExiledRed
07-22-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm just glad the hammers are going to go away, having seen a real atmosphere at BMO (if its true they are coming to watch the game tonight)

Id hate them to think that whatever they get at the all star game is what this place is all about.

MisterMacphisto
07-22-2008, 01:58 PM
I wonder if any "all stars" (Beside the true ones in red) will be at the game tonight. Might have to bring those over-ripe tomatoes with.

Kevvv
07-22-2008, 02:04 PM
what? at Lamport? That place is coming along.

Are they practicing uphill or downhill?

Miko
07-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Carts...

What number have they given Brennan?

Did he get to keep 11?

Damien
07-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Beckham just arrived at Woodbridge's soccer centre in the "mintest sikkest civic, bro".