PDA

View Full Version : Matchday 6: Toronto at Dallas, Sat 19 April 830PM EST

Pages : [1] 2 3

Yohan
04-13-2014, 09:13 AM
A tough road game against league leaders Dallas. Bradley must play if TFC is to have any chance against strong Dallas midfield

OgtheDim
04-13-2014, 10:04 AM
Going to be the usual week of injury watch it seems.

DeRo

Rey

Bradley

Defoe

Henry

Osorio

With a week break afterwards, I could see none of them playing.

ManUtd4ever
04-13-2014, 10:09 AM
Bradley was dressed and on the bench yesterday, even though he didn't warm up during the game. I'd be shocked if he didn't return to the lineup after another week of rest, especially after Hall's shit show of a performance in the midfield. Even if Bradley is the only player to return from the infirmary against Dallas, we can win.

OgtheDim
04-13-2014, 10:14 AM
Bradley was dressed and on the bench yesterday.... .

So who was that guy wearing a suit and tie and talking with Defoe in the MLSE box that they were showing on the scoreboard at around the 85th minute?

Yohan
04-13-2014, 10:17 AM
Bradley was dressed and on the bench yesterday, even though he didn't warm up during the game. I'd be shocked if he didn't return to the lineup after another week of rest, especially after Hall's shit show of a performance in the midfield. Even if Bradley is the only player to return from the infirmary against Dallas, we can win.
Morgan was the injured player dressed, not Bradley who was hanging out with Defoe

Gilberto9
04-13-2014, 10:18 AM

They showed Bradley a few times on the big screen in dress clothes.

flamehawk
04-13-2014, 10:21 AM

??? no he wasn't. I saw him up in the VIP box in casual attire with Defoe.

Red CB Toronto
04-13-2014, 10:31 AM
MB was in a box in the Northwest corner, he acknowledged 127 when they did the Michael Bradley chant. I fully expect him on the pitch in Dallas.

OgtheDim
04-13-2014, 10:33 AM
Morgan was the injured player dressed, not Bradley who was hanging out with Defoe

Now that you mention it, Morgan kinda looks like Bradley from a distance.

http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/toronto/files/imagecache/player_profile_headshot/players/head-shots/MorganAshtone.jpg http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/toronto/files/imagecache/player_profile_headshot/players/head-shots/iOS-120x180-Bradley.png

shwade
04-13-2014, 10:35 AM
Now that you mention it, Morgan kinds looks like Bradley from a distance.

http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/toronto/files/imagecache/player_profile_headshot/players/head-shots/MorganAshtone.jpg http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/toronto/files/imagecache/player_profile_headshot/players/head-shots/iOS-120x180-Bradley.png

Hahah. Was about to post something similar...how can you get those 2 confused.

SoccMan2
04-13-2014, 10:37 AM
If none of the injured players that did not play yesterday don't play then I see no hope and a loss and could be the start of the good old TFC slide down hill with the World Cup around the corner and the loss of Bradley and even Defoe but for me Bradley is the key to this team as we saw in Columbus even without Defoe, this team might be able to survive without Defoe but it can't without Bradley, moreover, it better get use to playing without Defoe because this guy was already damaged goods when they got him and we will be lucky if Defoe plays many games for this team.

RoyalRed
04-13-2014, 11:31 AM

Lulz dude, especially since they showed him up in the box repeatedly throughout the broadcast of the game.

Mr_gamble
04-13-2014, 12:22 PM
Pretty sure Bradley will play against Dallas. I reckon Rey, Henry, and possibly Oso will be back too. Defoe hopefully. As much as I love DeRo, He isnt showing the quality required to be a starting striker. And Defoe and Gilberto looked good together vs DC. Will be nice to see that combo back again.

notthesun
04-13-2014, 12:37 PM
During the Colorado broadcast they said Henry will likely not be back for this game.

We need Bradley to play and we need Rey to play. Having them out killed our midfield creativity. Rey may not always pick out the final pass but he's excellent at getting the ball into advanced areas out of midfield. We couldn't do that against Colorado with all the injuries we had so we had to boot it up to the strikers constantly.

Two week break after this game. Let's try to get a result, but avoid any serious injuries so that we can return to full strength by May.

ManUtd4ever
04-13-2014, 05:58 PM
LOL, I didn't see the game on television, I saw it from 119, and I saw Bradley on the bench during the pre-game with his jersey on. I wasn't even drunk yet.

In any event, I'm confident he'll be back next weekend.

cdnorman
04-13-2014, 07:25 PM
Every report I saw suggested that Bradley was being rested to prevent injuries and fatigue, not because of them. Why they didn't do that against Columbus is a complete mystery.

OgtheDim
04-13-2014, 08:06 PM
Every report I saw suggested that Bradley was being rested to prevent injuries and fatigue, not because of them. Why they didn't do that against Columbus is a complete mystery.

They have announced a quadriceps injury.

redisthenewblk
04-13-2014, 08:23 PM
Nelsen did mention in his post game interview that Oso would be back to regular training this week. As long as everything goes smoothly he should be playing in Dallas.

Blizzard
04-13-2014, 08:38 PM
??? no he wasn't. I saw him up in the VIP box in casual attire with Defoe.

.... and Paul Stalteri.

cdnorman
04-13-2014, 08:58 PM
They have announced a quadriceps injury. Thanks. It was probably pretty minor if anything, but I do see the need to protect the good players this early in the season. I actually think the "experiment" with having so many folk who weren't core starters play will do the team well over the long haul. Nelson has always maintained that having a strong group through the entire roster is the key, not just having superstar performances from the superstars and he's right.

Initial B
04-13-2014, 10:17 PM
I'm going to say 1-0 Dallas. Our defense will hold except for one mistake in the final 10 minutes and since Bradley and Defoe won't be playing nobody will score goals.

ryan
04-14-2014, 08:19 AM
So coming into this match, we've played the current 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th place teams (all sitting with 10pts), as well as DCU with a respectable 7pts. Dallas sits 1st.

What a way to open the year.

Prof
04-14-2014, 09:12 AM
Paul Stalteri his buddy from Toronto and his playing days in Germany.

Pookie
04-14-2014, 12:03 PM
If Michael F'ing Bradley wants you to see him on the bench (even though he's up in the press box), you'll see him on the bench.

Pint
04-14-2014, 12:24 PM
Not sure why but Stalteri has been in that box for both home games so far.

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2014, 12:30 PM
So coming into this match, we've played the current 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th place teams (all sitting with 10pts), as well as DCU with a respectable 7pts. Dallas sits 1st.

What a way to open the year.

I agree, a positive start to this season. A point or three more could have happened, but hey it is still very early in the season, 29 to go.

QBall
04-14-2014, 05:00 PM
Dallas is coming of a disappointing loss to Seattle where they gave up the last two goals, one being an own goal. The house of cards in Texas will continue to fall as the Reds regroup and welcome back key pieces. 1-0 TFC.

adam1001
04-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Hope Defoe and Oso are good to go. Dallas is going to come out flying after their home loss on Saturday.

ag futbol
04-14-2014, 09:01 PM
Not sure why but Stalteri has been in that box for both home games so far.
I won't be surprised if Stalteri ends up at TFCA somewhere. Believe he's also helping canada at u15 level.

InDa_110
04-14-2014, 10:21 PM
I hope Hagglund plays.

Abou Sky
04-15-2014, 09:02 AM
I hope Hagglund plays.

+1 (Or Henry)

I think we were missing a 'big guy' at CB

Not shitting on Orr who had a great game, but I have to wonder if Henry or Hagglund would have been able to convert one of those corners or free kicks.

notthesun
04-15-2014, 11:57 AM
Molinaro tweets: Osorio making progress but still questionable, no word yet on Bradley or Defoe, DeRo and Henry both confirmed out.

Canary10
04-15-2014, 12:00 PM
Molinaro tweets: Osorio making progress but still questionable, no word yet on Bradley or Defoe, DeRo and Henry both confirmed out.

Wow, injuries are really ridiculous right now.

pdubs
04-15-2014, 12:36 PM
After this game we have a bye week, so I guess for long term health of the team maybe better to sit out Dero, Defoe and maybe even Bradley so they wouldn't be playing again till May 3rd. You would hope everyone would be healthy by then, but two games afterwords are Canadian Championship and then we loose Bradley/Cesar/maybe Defoe shortly after for World Cup.

Yohan
04-15-2014, 12:47 PM
Dallas is one of TFC's bogeyman teams. Only one win at Dallas and that was CCL. I can't even remember last time TFC got a point in Dallas in league play.

Combined with injuries, 2-0 Dallas, who may have a weak defence right now, but they have no trouble scoring. (league best right now)

Super
04-15-2014, 01:01 PM
It will be a tough fixture. My mind is on the games post-bye week. Hopefully we'll have most players back and fit.

Cashcleaner
04-15-2014, 01:03 PM
^ Yep. By far and away they have the league's highest goal differential (+6) with 15 for and 9 against.

Dallas are where they are in the standings because they have such a cohesive attack. Michel, Watson, Castillo, Perez, etc. - and that's not including their DPs (Texeira and Diaz). It's a powerful club in so many respects and getting a win from them in Dallas will be a challenge for any team.

LFC8
04-15-2014, 04:09 PM
I'm 99.9% confident Bradley will start....the others i have no clue.

Joe Kool
04-15-2014, 04:16 PM
I'm 99.9% confident Bradley will start....the others i have no clue.

I was 100% confident he was going to be there last game....what do I know. I don't feel confident we can count on anyone showing up. For all we know Nelsen and Brennan will be part of the back line on a special 1 game contract. Injuries are killing us. So much potential....

Pookie
04-15-2014, 07:23 PM
I was 100% confident he was going to be there last game....what do I know. I don't feel confident we can count on anyone showing up. For all we know Nelsen and Brennan will be part of the back line on a special 1 game contract. Injuries are killing us. So much potential....

Just for fun, which campaign was injury free?

I seem to recall key injuries to players like Koevermans, Frings, Frei, Laba, Osorio, Barrett, Santos, JDG, Gordon, Peterson, Attakora, Eckersley, etc, etc over various seasons. Many all at the same time.

Ajax TFC
04-15-2014, 07:35 PM
Hopefully at least Oso and Bradley are back. Bradley can pair with Bekker and Oso can slot in either on the wing for Rey or behind Gilberto if no Defoe

Joe Kool
04-15-2014, 10:15 PM

I seem to recall key injuries to players like Koevermans, Frings, Frei, Laba, Osorio, Barrett, Santos, JDG, Gordon, Peterson, Attakora, Eckersley, etc, etc over various seasons. Many all at the same time.

Yup. If you are a depth player this is the team to play on to get playing time.

Fort York Redcoat
04-16-2014, 08:00 AM

Fun? That sounds as fun as a dunk in vinegar after the same in a barrel of nails.

Detroit_TFC
04-16-2014, 11:11 AM
Yes, injuries happen but a month into the season? That's just rude.

Not sure I buy the "blame the training turf" argument, and not sure I buy the "our physio staff is not to blame" argument either.

ryan
04-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Maybe it's just me but why can't it be as simple as...."shit just happens?"

Red Skies At Night
04-16-2014, 01:02 PM
thing for me is that if the injured were weidman, agboss, hall and hamilton we wouldn't be having discussions about who to blame, nearly everybody would be "meh... shit just happens"... but because we are unhappy that it's "important" players, we all get bent out of shape and look for culpability... rather than blaming the physios perhaps the players themselves are to blame...? we just don't know, so we have to accept that injuries are part of the game, and that, indeed, shit just happens.

adam1001
04-16-2014, 01:31 PM

Not sure I buy the "blame the training turf" argument, and not sure I buy the "our physio staff is not to blame" argument either.
The turf argument is utter bs. There are three possibilities: 1) Players themselves are to blame by not eating right/staying in shape. 2) Trainers have no clue what they are doing in practice sessions. 3) We are cursed.

Pookie
04-16-2014, 01:37 PM
The turf argument is utter bs. There are three possibilities: 1) Players themselves are to blame by not eating right/staying in shape. 2) Trainers have no clue what they are doing in practice sessions. 3) We are cursed.

or 4) some of them were hurt when they were signed

Pookie
04-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Fun? That sounds as fun as a dunk in vinegar after the same in a barrel of nails.

You know this may sound like a modern idea but they now make what are known as "hot tubs." You can dunk in water instead of a barrel of nails.

Auzzy
04-16-2014, 02:09 PM

Just a reminder that Sigi Schmid (coach of the Sounders who play on plastic, and generally a proponent of plastic especially compared with bad grass pitches) practices on grass with his team whenever possible. His players feel more tired and more strains when they spend too much time on plastic turf. You would think he would want to improve his team's "home advantage" by also practicing on plastic, so they're more familiar with it. But no, health of the players is more important, so they practice on grass.

I believe the extended time practicing on plastic in Downsview due to the extremely long winter this year doesn't help. Nor does the crap pitch at BMO Field this year. BTW I don't understand why the BMO grass is STILL in such bad shape. I saw little improvement, and no new growth, from the 1st to the 2nd home game. Many golf courses in the area are already in much better shape, and they mostly don't have the fancy undersoil heating & drainage, nor the grow tarp that BMO has. BMO definitely needs grow lamps, and I wonder if they're screwing up anything else there.

Yeah sure there's probably more -- players general fitness & age; adjusting the training for the bad conditions they're facing; etc.

Pookie
04-16-2014, 05:30 PM
Related to your point on BMO's grass, did you catch the Jays game in Minnesota last night?

Natural grass, outdoor stadium in arguably a harsher winter climate. It looked great.

cdnorman
04-16-2014, 05:35 PM

When you see this many hamstring / strain - related injuries it begs the question if the physio and training regimens are appropriate. It can be a lot of things, but it seems that these guys should be better prepared given this is so early in the season

Pookie
04-16-2014, 06:40 PM
When you see this many hamstring / strain - related injuries it begs the question if the physio and training regimens are appropriate. It can be a lot of things, but it seems that these guys should be better prepared given this is so early in the season

I think you may be looking for a story where none exists.

TFC do have 8 total injuries, 4 Out and 4 Questionable as of April 11th. 3 of them are Hamstring strains and Defoe's was injured long before he got here.

RSL leads the league with 11 total injuries (2 out and 9 Questionable) with a total of 5 hamstring injuries. NYRBs have 6 total injuries (3 out and 3 Questionable), 4 of those 6 injuries are hamstrings.

Let's not point fingers at training just yet.

cdnorman
04-16-2014, 07:19 PM
I think you may be looking for a story where none exists.

TFC do have 8 total injuries, 4 Out and 4 Questionable as of April 11th. 3 of them are Hamstring strains and Defoe's was injured long before he got here.

RSL leads the league with 11 total injuries (2 out and 9 Questionable) with a total of 5 hamstring injuries. NYRBs have 6 total injuries (3 out and 3 Questionable), 4 of those 6 injuries are hamstrings.

Let's not point fingers at training just yet.

There are a lot of variables that impact this and you're right to point to the fact that The Reds aren't unique in their injury situation. There are a lot of reasons why this could be the case (including just random, poor luck), however, I also can't rule the fitness and training support at the same time. The Union are in the midst of a 3-game-in-8-day stretch and have just 2 out. RSL plays in high altitude where, early in the season, it's cold (like TFC -- the cold part). NYRB is also playing in a cold climate. This has been such a harsh spring in most markets so any player issues or field issues need to be put into context for sure. What will test things is whether people can stay healthy over the longer haul and when weather is not longer a reason / excuse. That's the fun part of this long adventure of a season.

ag futbol
04-16-2014, 07:24 PM
Related to your point on BMO's grass, did you catch the Jays game in Minnesota last night?

Natural grass, outdoor stadium in arguably a harsher winter climate. It looked great.
I believe they actually practiced on the field before the first game. We can debate if that was beneficial or not, but no doubt it made the field worse.

Kaz
04-16-2014, 07:46 PM
According to an article about the grass one of the issues they have is they can't really do anything with it in the winter, other then just putting a tarp on it. The same systems other stadiums use require fungicides and the like due to the lack of air flow. It's illegal to do so in Ontario.

The Irony is a Hybrid turf likely would have faired better.

With any luck a few weeks of care will help.

OgtheDim
04-16-2014, 09:07 PM
To be fair, the pitch was not considered an issue in March and April until this year. And, the fungicides that stadiums outside of Ontario use can actually be used by Ontario golf courses - they got an exemption in the law at the time. Back when the law was put into place. BMO didn't have a grass field, so no exemption was requested of the legislature. It would take an act of Queens Park to change it now, and that ain't going to happen.

The media have been on the backs of the groundskeepers, unfairly. This winter was brutal and expecting a pitch to grow back when we've not had 2 weeks of above zero weather yet is unrealistic.

Richard
04-16-2014, 09:10 PM
It just freaking snowed yesterday! Give the groundskeepers a break man.

mastermixer
04-17-2014, 07:50 AM
I think a possibility for the nagging injuries is our style of play. We play very aggressive especially when we are defending which probably puts more pressure on muscles and joints than just a more positional game.

Areathrasher
04-17-2014, 09:06 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlbbRWIIEAAPHOw.jpg

Detroit_TFC
04-17-2014, 12:04 PM
There are a lot of MLS stadiums with natural pitches where the pitch quality is poor, for whatever reasons. Not just right now but all the time. Even the top facilities like Sporting Park seem to have issues. Seems like more money needs to be spent on maintenance.

Red CB Toronto
04-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Osario is good to go and the General will be traveling. With five players out, DeRo, Alvaro, Henry and Hall it should be interesting. If MB can go that will be the difference maker in mind, just hoping he can.

Graeme
04-17-2014, 01:53 PM
So what will we have for our line-up?

It looks like some combination of the following:
--------------------Cesar----------------------
--Bloom----Caldwell---Orr-----Morrow---
-Jackson----Bradley---Bekker-----Issey
--------------------Osorio----------------
-------------Gilberto-------------------

Bench: Bendik, Hagglund, Morgan, Weeds, Hamilton, Agboss (no other players available!!!)

I'm predicting a win 1-0 TFC

jloome
04-17-2014, 01:55 PM

Bench: Bendik, Hagglund, Morgan, Weeds, Hamilton, Agboss (no other players available!!!)

I would feel a lot more confident if Defoe were playing. Dallas plays well wide.

Graeme
04-17-2014, 02:26 PM
I would feel a lot more confident if Defoe were playing. Dallas plays well wide.

Yeah, I think Issey & Bekker are our weakest points in that line-up. If Bradley plays, we have a chance. If it is Jackson, Bekker, Osorio, Issey with Weeds & Gilberto up front, it is not going to be pretty...

ManUtd4ever
04-17-2014, 02:31 PM

I think that lineup is good enough to win in Dallas.

Auzzy
04-17-2014, 03:23 PM
It just freaking snowed yesterday! Give the groundskeepers a break man.

But there was a fair bit of good weather between the 1st and 2nd home games, and I didn't see much improvement.

With the serious investment they've put into players and a bunch of other things, I think they at least need grow lamps, to give the groundskeepers all the tools possible. They are often used for grass pitches in colder climates, as well as when there is significant shadowing of the field (as probably happens at BMO Field early in the year, as the west stand casts a shadow for a good part of the day due to the low angle of the sun).

OgtheDim
04-17-2014, 03:25 PM
So Hall is out and Osorio and Bradley are probable/questionable.

Just because its worth thinking about, and here's hoping it doesn't happen but..........what if we don't have any of those 3?

Who pairs with Bekker?

Ultra & Proud
04-17-2014, 03:25 PM
I pretty much think with Bradley in the line up we have a chance to win against anyone, anywhere. With him out then it gets sketchy and real dodgy without Defoe, Oso, and the rest of the infirmary crew.

Auzzy
04-17-2014, 03:27 PM
Regarding the games, I'm staying on a pretty even keel, not getting too excited about wins, nor too upset about losses.

One of the best things about the current team IMO is that they're creating a fair number of dangerous chances, much better than in previous years, even when there are a number of starters missing. Hopefully TFC converts some of them, and has a bit of good luck.

Ultra & Proud
04-17-2014, 03:27 PM
So Hall is out and Osorio and Bradley are probable/questionable.

Just because its worth thinking about, and here's hoping it doesn't happen but..........what if we don't have any of those 3?

Who pairs with Bekker?

I would probably put

Bloom - Haggelund - Caldwell - Morrow

and push Orr up in the holding mid position. Didn't like Bloom in mid when we tried it in Salt Lake.

OgtheDim
04-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Team at least has a sense of humour.

On the Facebook page:

Toronto FC (https://www.facebook.com/torontofc?ref=stream)

It's that time of the day folks!

Watch: The Daily Injury Report with Ryan Nelsen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP8UJ7NDPgw&list=UUc1qA_64TEqAX9pnGJOO0Dw

jloome
04-17-2014, 07:06 PM
I would probably put

and push Orr up in the holding mid position. Didn't like Bloom in mid when we tried it in Salt Lake.

Haggelund is quick, athletic and good in the air. He'd be a very effective sweeping midfielder, I think, a real defensive half from the old school.

Pookie
04-18-2014, 12:21 PM
The team that is "fixed" (copyright Tim L) has a chance to beat the best start to a season with a win tomorrow.

They are currently tied with the 2008 campaign which also featured a 3-2-0 record through 5 games.

That 2008 picked up a point in game number 6 giving them 10 points in 6 games. They went on to amass 17 points through 10 games… before stumbling to a 4-10-6 finish.

pdubs
04-18-2014, 12:40 PM
The team that is "fixed" (copyright Tim L) has a chance to beat the best start to a season with a win tomorrow.

They are currently tied with the 2008 campaign which also featured a 3-2-0 record through 5 games.

That 2008 picked up a point in game number 6 giving them 10 points in 6 games. They went on to amass 17 points through 10 games… before stumbling to a 4-10-6 finish.

it is interesting in the TL interview on sportsnet that TFC and Raptors were considered fixed in his eye. maybe he means the right people are finally in place within these organizations.

with regards to this game I am not sure what to expect. so many variables in terms of the line-up... hope we can grind up 3 points and make a statement just like against Columbus.

notthesun
04-18-2014, 02:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceHI7VbAqXI

ag futbol
04-18-2014, 02:26 PM

I think we could go for a better formation with this group that suits the players strengths.

4-2-3-1 of sorts or 4-3-3 depending on what we are doing.

--------------Gilberto-------------
Issey----------------------Osorio
Bekker----Bradley---Jackson
Morrow--Orr--Caldwell--bloom

Works because Osorio isn't a forward and if you play him in the hole he's occupying the space you want Bradley to occupy going forward. Jackson keeps his defensive role but ruduces his responsibility going forward (also covers Bradley). Bekker sits deep were he did last game.

MartinUtd
04-18-2014, 02:30 PM
I would probably put

I was thinking about this the other day. Orr seems to have the skills and is experienced and versatile enough to play DM. Putting him between Bekker and the back four could be a competitive line up if we have to go this one without Bradley.

Yohan
04-18-2014, 02:37 PM
I was thinking about this the other day. Orr seems to have the skills and is experienced and versatile enough to play DM. Putting him between Bekker and the back four could be a competitive line up if we have to go this one without Bradley.
I'm not sure. it's easy to think DM and CB require similar attributes, but I think a CB playing DM is harder than imagined. a good DM for TFC needs high work rate and stamina, as well as be smart when pressing and not pressing. and if Nelsen expects both CMs to play the pulley system, Orr has zero offensive attributes to be effective.

MartinUtd
04-18-2014, 02:59 PM
I'm not sure. it's easy to think DM and CB require similar attributes, but I think a CB playing DM is harder than imagined. a good DM for TFC needs high work rate and stamina, as well as be smart when pressing and not pressing. and if Nelsen expects both CMs to play the pulley system, Orr has zero offensive attributes to be effective.

While that's true, we do know that Orr can play full back and on the wing (well, sort of as a wing back than a wide forward like Rey) which is a closer fit to the DM role than a CB. It's also true we shouldn't expect much from him going forward, but I'm less worried about that than I am a defensive hole in the middle.

RoyalRed
04-18-2014, 05:21 PM
MLSsoccer.com picks Dallas unanimously to win between their five "experts," and I think that's probably right this week given how hard we've been hit by injuries. Now, if Bradley plays, we could get away with a point or even a result if we keep pretty compact at the back. I'm cautiously optimistic, as they say.

Burning Red
04-18-2014, 05:28 PM
Im glad to have Osorio back and hopefully Bradley too. But, man has our injury problem hit us hard. Part of the reason more new players keep popping up with injuries is probably because we have been operating with such a thin squad for too long. That first rash of injuries sparked a downward spiral. The lads have been stretched too thin for too long right now.

So, at what point does Bez and Nelson start thinking about brining in some more depth? The squad is just too thin. We can barely fill our bench right now and our only attacking forward option off the bench is a teenage rookie (assuming Wiedeman starts). We don't need world beaters even DP calibur sigings, but it is getting harder and harder to argue with the fact that we need some additional depth. The injury of Dike was a huge blow. If we had him, we might not be so worse for wear from injuries at other positions on the field. Goal scoring problems just add extra stress to the our back line, which ironically, might just be our strong area right now.

I would really like us to bring in another striker of decent quality, sign another competent back up winger, and add a more experienced MLS calibre holding mid. Our team would be better off for if we did. Defence seems to be in OK shape for now given the players we have. Even a season long loan deal or some younger but highly rated South American talent would greatly bolster the team for the coming months.

Yohan
04-18-2014, 05:33 PM
I don't even want to look at what the sub bench is going to be

notthesun
04-18-2014, 07:55 PM
MLSsoccer.com picks Dallas unanimously to win between their five "experts," and I think that's probably right this week given how hard we've been hit by injuries. Now, if Bradley plays, we could get away with a point or even a result if we keep pretty compact at the back. I'm cautiously optimistic, as they say.

For what it's worth, we've won both times the editors have unanimously picked our opponent to win this season (vs. Seattle & Columbus).

Red CB Toronto
04-18-2014, 08:14 PM
I don't even want to look at what the sub bench is going to be

Could see Jordan Hamilton take the pitch.

RoyalRed
04-18-2014, 08:37 PM
For what it's worth, we've won both times the editors have unanimously picked our opponent to win this season (vs. Seattle & Columbus).

Fair point, although you know that that's worth absolutely nothing and was just a coincidence....

Ivy
04-18-2014, 09:28 PM
Fair point, although you know that that's worth absolutely nothing and was just a coincidence....

Explain?
TFC beating Seattle and Cbus is worth nothing, but Dallas being picked to win is correct?

RoyalRed
04-18-2014, 10:44 PM
Explain?
TFC beating Seattle and Cbus is worth nothing, but Dallas being picked to win is correct?

Who said it's correct? I just said I agree with them this week. Reading comprehension these days... Geeze.

Yohan
04-18-2014, 11:28 PM
this game is free to view on MLS live. you will need to register

http://www.mlssoccer.com/stream-of-the-week

Pookie
04-19-2014, 06:10 AM
Im glad to have Osorio back and hopefully Bradley too. But, man has our injury problem hit us hard. Part of the reason more new players keep popping up with injuries is probably because we have been operating with such a thin squad for too long. That first rash of injuries sparked a downward spiral. The lads have been stretched too thin for too long right now.

So, at what point does Bez and Nelson start thinking about brining in some more depth? The squad is just too thin. We can barely fill our bench right now and our only attacking forward option off the bench is a teenage rookie (assuming Wiedeman starts). We don't need world beaters even DP calibur sigings, but it is getting harder and harder to argue with the fact that we need some additional depth. The injury of Dike was a huge blow. If we had him, we might not be so worse for wear from injuries at other positions on the field. Goal scoring problems just add extra stress to the our back line, which ironically, might just be our strong area right now.

I would really like us to bring in another striker of decent quality, sign another competent back up winger, and add a more experienced MLS calibre holding mid. Our team would be better off for if we did. Defence seems to be in OK shape for now given the players we have. Even a season long loan deal or some younger but highly rated South American talent would greatly bolster the team for the coming months.

The problem is they can't bring anyone in.

There is no budget relief for injured players.

Defoe's budget charge takes up the budget space of 3-4 MLS average players.

This was the major downside of signing him while he was on crutches. The opportunity cost of Defoe was either a healthier striker or flexibility to weather injuries. They opted to go all in on Defoe and right now (and at the time of signing him) the odds weren't in their favour.

MightyDM
04-19-2014, 07:33 AM
I dunno Pookie, Defoe won us two games and ran freely in those games, no sign of injury. I think the blame should be on the coaching staff for playing him in the third game with a hamstring that was tight at game time. For me, it's not the pre existing injury - sprinters get hamstring injuries - it's more that he needs to be carefully managed. Sitting him as a precaution would have made sense.

This was the major downside of signing him while he was on crutches. The opportunity cost of Defoe was either a healthier striker or flexibility to weather injuries. They opted to go all in on Defoe and right now (and at the time of signing him) the odds weren't in their favour.[/QUOTE]

Pookie
04-19-2014, 09:05 AM
I dunno Pookie, Defoe won us two games and ran freely in those games, no sign of injury. I think the blame should be on the coaching staff for playing him in the third game with a hamstring that was tight at game time. For me, it's not the pre existing injury - sprinters get hamstring injuries - it's more that he needs to be carefully managed. Sitting him as a precaution would have made sense.

What we don't know is how is was feeling in those games where he "ran freely." We also know that hamstrings, particularly those with 30+ years on the clock, will weaken over time. Each injury piles up.

Look, Defoe is a great player. Exciting to watch.

The wisdom of signing him and to a lesser extent DeRo (coming off 12 weeks of knee rehab at the end of last season and 35 years of age) needs to be challenged in light of their skill, their injury history, the budget charge and league rules for injuries and the opportunity cost of not signing other players with that money. Both are out of the line up. On the list of surprises that is up there with the sun setting nightly and it will snow in Winnipeg in the winter.

Signing him for 4 years with his age and injury history was a big risk. The thing about risks is that they don't always pay off.

OgtheDim
04-19-2014, 09:22 AM
And...its game day.

:scarf:

Lumpy
04-19-2014, 10:39 AM
73 to 75 degree game time temperature predicted. Gilberto will score if Bradley and Osorio play. The temperature and those guys will help Gilberto break his drought.

nonc
04-19-2014, 10:43 AM
Could see Jordan Hamilton take the pitch.

God willing. Should be getting more sub minutes than Weedman if we're talking forward. I know Nelsen likes to use Weedman to scrub up the wings late though, regardless of the scoreline or that he is too slow for that task.

Red CB Toronto
04-19-2014, 10:44 AM
It is game day, the general will be on the pitch and the Reds will win!!

nonc
04-19-2014, 10:45 AM
73 to 75 degree game time temperature predicted. Gilberto will score if Bradley and Osorio play. The temperature and those guys will help Gilberto break his drought.

Osorio is definitely playing, Bradley unlikely I don't even know if he made the trip.

Yohan
04-19-2014, 10:47 AM
Osorio is definitely playing, Bradley unlikely I don't even know if he made the trip.http://www.torontosun.com/2014/04/17/michael-bradley-gives-a-thumbs-up

he's with the team

Kaz
04-19-2014, 11:31 AM
I just can't see Bradley starting.

Osorio Bekker combo could be interesting.

Gilberto Weids means Dallas will mark Gilberto out of existence.

Dallas will try to frustrate and cause mistakes...

3-0 or 3-1 I think today... I hate thinking that.. I hope we win.. but realisticly I don't know our midfield is strong (confident) enough to distribute and we don't have a partner to force Dallas to give Gilberto space.

Bekker needs calm down and realize he's not the only one that can take a corner or a penalty.

Yohan
04-19-2014, 11:37 AM
I just can't see Bradley starting.

Osorio Bekker combo could be interesting.

Gilberto Weids means Dallas will mark Gilberto out of existence.

Dallas will try to frustrate and cause mistakes...

3-0 or 3-1 I think today... I hate thinking that.. I hope we win.. but realisticly I don't know our midfield is strong (confident) enough to distribute and we don't have a partner to force Dallas to give Gilberto space.

Bekker needs calm down and realize he's not the only one that can take a corner or a penalty.
if we lose, it's because Dallas play a variation of 4-2-3-1 and we will lose the midfield battle, esp if we can't contain Diaz who has been on fire.

ag futbol
04-19-2014, 11:38 AM
If he hits them as well as he last game then I don't think anyone else has a claim. Although taking the free kick from Gilberto was slightly over the top considering he worked his ass off all day and nobody was feeding him the ball.

Lumpy
04-19-2014, 11:38 AM
I think Bradley will start if he can play. Better to get him out there early when he is warmed up and take him off later than letting him sit around and stiffen up . Besides if Toronto has any chance at a win he needs to be out there early.

Pookie
04-19-2014, 11:43 AM
If he hits them as well as he last game then I don't think anyone else has a claim. Although taking the free kick from Gilberto was slightly over the top considering he worked his ass off all day and nobody was feeding him the ball.

On that point though, Gilberto is paid over a million bucks and is a striker. If all the scouting is correct, why shouldn't Gilberto get the ball?

Yohan
04-19-2014, 11:51 AM
On that point though, Gilberto is paid over a million bucks and is a striker. If all the scouting is correct, why shouldn't Gilberto get the ball?
because Gilberto is not known as a free kick taker?

Bekker can apply technique to his free kick. Gilberto would have just tried to smash the ball.

MartinUtd
04-19-2014, 11:57 AM
Bekker hit two posts last game and was unlucky. I'm not against Gilberto having a chance at it, but you can't deny the kid showed us a glimmer. Plus if there's any rebounds or lose balls I'd rather have Gilberto there to collect than Bekker.

ag futbol
04-19-2014, 12:03 PM

Bekker can apply technique to his free kick. Gilberto would have just tried to smash the ball.
Which is sometimes appropriate. But certaintly not warranting him taking every dead ball.

Lumpy
04-19-2014, 12:05 PM
Just Curious. Has Bekker ever scored on a free kick for TFC or Canada ?

Yohan
04-19-2014, 12:05 PM
Which is sometimes appropriate. But certaintly not warranting him taking every dead ball.
Bekker hit the post before. it's not like he's been skying the ball. and Gilberto's power kick has very little chance of success. less than Bekker's free kick with technique. at that range anyways.

Gilberto shouldn't be taking free kicks away from Bekker unless he's trying for one from like 40 yds and he's doing a Roberto Carlos

ag futbol
04-19-2014, 12:10 PM
Bekker hit the post before. it's not like he's been skying the ball. and Gilberto's power kick has very little chance of success. less than Bekker's free kick with technique. at that range anyways.

Gilberto shouldn't be taking free kicks away from Bekker unless he's trying for one from like 40 yds and he's doing a Roberto Carlos
I disagree. We haven't even seen what he has to offer yet, but it seems he can strike the ball relatively clean.

Hitting the post is still missing, albeit not my much.

MartinUtd
04-19-2014, 12:20 PM
Here's Bekker scoring at what I think is the MLS combine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGJa8w2XiUw&t=5s

Here's a post hit against Colorado

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2014/04/12/bekker-hits-iron-april-12-2014

And here's the second post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmjwwrPrsHU&t=5m

That last one really showcases his skill, IMO.

Lumpy
04-19-2014, 12:22 PM
I think the "legend" of Kyle Bekker's skills gets stretched a little bit too much sometimes. Not to knock his future potential but his current situation is that he has played a little over 500 regular season minutes and has 0 goals and 0 assists. While he has hit the post a few times in his career I don't think that makes him a free kick specialist extraordinaire. As I said he may become a legend in the future but he is not one now.

molenshtain
04-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Just Curious. Has Bekker ever scored on a free kick for TFC or Canada ?

Scored one in pre-season last year and a fair few while he was in college. set-pieces have always been the best aspect of his game.

Yohan
04-19-2014, 12:36 PM
lol at email. TFC does Texas (a nod to Debbie does Dallas?)

OgtheDim
04-19-2014, 12:37 PM
FWIW

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/10174878_10151984369211805_3310837900365718662_n.j pg

I'm thinking Bradley starts - they have yet to get a lineup completely correct.

MartinUtd
04-19-2014, 12:41 PM
C'mon, nobody said anything approaching "legend" and nobody is blowing this out of proportion. Lets not go down the hyperbole path to try and prove a point.

All I'm saying is when Bradley is out, he looks like the best choice. Sure give Gilberto a shot if he doesn't work out, but right now Bekker has shown a lot of promise in dead ball situations, specifically corners. It's his tactical and defensive abilities that make him an incomplete player, not his freekicks.

speckles
04-19-2014, 01:06 PM
Man I hope Bradley plays..On the Bekker/Gilberto free kick scenario...that should have been sorted by the captain on the field which concerned me. Can see frustration and egos getting in the way of the team. Bekker may be the all Canadian boy however he has achieved zip at senior football level and both shots were on the outside of the post, always low percentage. If he is the designated free-taker on the day so be it...although it does seem it was open for debate/not clearly defined otherwise why did Gilberto contest taking it.

[NBF]
04-19-2014, 01:30 PM
is it possible that Gilberto could play better in a lone striker role???

4-5-1 maybe:

------------------------------Cesar------------------------------
Bloom------------Caldwell-----------Orr--------------Morrow
-----------------------------Jackson---------------------------
----------------Osorio-----------------Bekker-----------------
Wiedeman----------------------------------------------Issey
-----------------------------Gilberto--------------------------

ag futbol
04-19-2014, 01:35 PM
There has to be something we can do besides starting wiedman. He is a late game sub at best.

69Chevy396
04-19-2014, 01:47 PM

You cannot possibly know that. If Gilberto earns his keep as per the hype surrounding his signing, he needs to take those opportunities from the player who is barely a bench sitter in this league.

anto7
04-19-2014, 01:48 PM
So including today's game, out of our first 6 games 5 have been against the top 5 teams in the points standings. So given all of our injuries, and the fact that we have so many new players, even if we come away with nothing today I still think we should be fairly pleased with 9 out of a possible 18 to start. I for one expected a worse start than this.

speckles
04-19-2014, 02:01 PM
Yes I agree, it has been an achievement....especially when you consider we have not be scoring that well.

DOMIN8R
04-19-2014, 04:30 PM
I can`t remember the last time we played a team that didn't have a past TFC player on it. :shocked:

That`s one for the TFC trivia book.

Yohan
04-19-2014, 04:32 PM
I can`t remember the last time we played a team that didn't have a past TFC player on it. :shocked:

That`s one for the TFC trivia book.
probably the reason why they are #1 in the league right now ;)

PopePouri
04-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Wow. Wenger is terrible in front of goal.

Kaz
04-19-2014, 05:43 PM
So including today's game, out of our first 6 games 5 have been against the top 5 teams in the points standings. So given all of our injuries, and the fact that we have so many new players, even if we come away with nothing today I still think we should be fairly pleased with 9 out of a possible 18 to start. I for one expected a worse start than this.

Looking at things, Dallas actually had the opposite start with 4 of the first 6 coming from the clubs having a bad/average start. (Seattle (10) and SKC (8), Houston (7), Chivas (6), Portland (4), Montreal (3))

This might be a much more even game then the I thought. Hopefully Gilberto can find the back of the net a few times :)

DOMIN8R
04-19-2014, 06:35 PM
Starting Eleven is out:

The @ExpediaCA (https://twitter.com/ExpediaCA) Starting XI: Julio Cesar, Bloom, Orr, Caldwell, Morrow, Jackson, Bradley, Bekker, Issey, Osorio, Gilberto. #TFClive (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFClive&src=hash)

BRADLEY Baby!

DOMIN8R
04-19-2014, 06:39 PM
@FCDallas (https://twitter.com/FCDallas): #FCDallas (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23FCDallas&src=hash) XI vs. @TorontoFC (https://twitter.com/torontofc): Seitz, Acosta, Keel, Hedges, Benitez, Thomas, Michel, Diaz, Watson, Castillo, Texeira.

sully
So 5 in midfield?

molenshtain
fuckin' A five midfielders. It's about time Nelsen smartened up.

DOMIN8R
04-19-2014, 06:44 PM
Maybe Oso plays just behind Gilberto?

OgtheDim
04-19-2014, 06:44 PM
Don't get too excited - I think that's a 4-4-1-1. Osorio played at striker a bit last season.

Should be interesting link up play. And not exactly parking the bus against one of the top attacking teams in the league either.

TFC/Everton
04-19-2014, 06:50 PM
We have a shot at winning tonight. I would call this a fairly strong lineup, minus Rey and Defoe.

Bradley and Osorio will help with the lacking creativity we saw in the last game. I am hopeful that Bradley/Osorio can link up with Gilberto. Hope he has a breakout game.

pdubs
04-19-2014, 06:58 PM
even if it is a 4-4-1-1, I like having 5 midfielders on the field. Really excited for this starting lineup. Bench is hurting hard... 2 keepers on it eeep.

DOMIN8R
04-19-2014, 07:00 PM
Bench is hurting hard... 2 keepers on it eeep. Yeah. What's up with that?

LFC8
04-19-2014, 07:06 PM
Not surprised Bradley's starting....but man we need Defoe back. Gilberto needs him to get going. I think it'll be 0-0, hopefully we get some Bradley magic for the win though.

OgtheDim
04-19-2014, 07:07 PM
Yeah. What's up with that?

Nobody else available. Making up the numbers.

Yohan
04-19-2014, 07:21 PM
yikes. no mid sub, and Bloom or Orr doesn't count. and 2 mids coming back from injury. going to be a long game for Oso and Bradley

JavierMartini
04-19-2014, 07:26 PM
anyone have links?

pawlukj
04-19-2014, 07:33 PM
if i tell you a link the quality will be worse for me haha... here you go www.p2p4u.net

JavierMartini
04-19-2014, 07:35 PM
thanks and COME ON YOU FUCKING REDS. I think Bradley will come with his army and four stars on his shoulder!

AlanO
04-19-2014, 07:35 PM
anyone have links?

It's the free stream of the week on MLS

JavierMartini
04-19-2014, 07:39 PM

nice, this is legit.

JavierMartini
04-19-2014, 07:40 PM
yikes. no mid sub, and Bloom or Orr doesn't count. and 2 mids coming back from injury. going to be a long game for Oso and Bradley

Orr played most of his career at mid no? :p

Chubbs
04-19-2014, 07:41 PM

Amazing, thank you so much, perfect HD stream

Klinsmann
04-19-2014, 07:46 PM
Did the announcer just say he jerked off 2 dallas players??

OgtheDim
04-19-2014, 07:50 PM
Morrow looks a bit out of sorts. Jackson on fire but now switched to the right.

AlanO
04-19-2014, 07:54 PM
Bradley is nowhere near 100%.

Dallas just delivered one of the worst corners in history.

JohnnyEnglish
04-19-2014, 07:56 PM
The experience of Caldwell at the back today is so important. This Dallas side look useful every time the get the ball forward. I like shape of our backline with becker/bradley pressing the ball.

[NBF]
04-19-2014, 08:00 PM
Jackson and issey are on the wings?

OgtheDim
04-19-2014, 08:01 PM
Elbow like that got a red for the Quakes today.

notthesun
04-19-2014, 08:02 PM
No yellow for a blatant push on the chin/high chest?

pdubs
04-19-2014, 08:03 PM
issey you beauty.

love Jackson's work rate all game so far. winning a ton of balls including the goal.

[NBF]
04-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Van 2-2 LA, ............... I missed the issey goal...pfft.

JavierMartini
Issey yeah

AlanO
Boom! Issey!

ag futbol
Something about Issey you got to like, can't argue with production

OgtheDim
04-19-2014, 08:05 PM
I like how we seem to have plans for corners....that was a deliberate back heel by Bradley.

[NBF]
04-19-2014, 08:05 PM
Has Gilberto even touched the ball yet?

AlanO
04-19-2014, 08:06 PM
;1662793']Has Gilberto even touched the ball yet?

Yes. He's had some good touches but finds himself isolated a lot.

Dkolish3
04-19-2014, 08:06 PM
Issey has torn this league up

ExiledRed
04-19-2014, 08:08 PM
these are dirty bastards we're playing.

OgtheDim
04-19-2014, 08:08 PM
Diaz trying to blast it past Cesar...not going to work.

Dkolish3
04-19-2014, 08:09 PM
Not great defending so far

PopePouri
04-19-2014, 08:09 PM
Dallas is fucking dangerous going forward.

[NBF]
04-19-2014, 08:10 PM
Issey has torn this league up

Rumour has it TFC is going to send him to Vancouver for a 2nd rounder and Erik Hurtado......

ag futbol
They clearly haven't worked on this formation often. Passes going astray constantly

shwade
Did the toronto commentator just say 'FC will travel down...'
Which one was he talking about

ag futbol
04-19-2014, 08:11 PM
Wow Osorio got slaughtered and no call.

pdubs
04-19-2014, 08:12 PM
that is 3 calls missed or ignored.

ExiledRed
04-19-2014, 08:12 PM
Gilberto has to do better than that, he really does

notthesun
04-19-2014, 08:13 PM
30 minutes in and I've seen enough of this ref. Watson and Thomas should have yellow cards, that looked like a foul on Osorio to me.

Jack
Osorio needs to stay on his feet for a couple of extra kicks before going down. He's going down on the first tap and the ref isn't buying.

ExiledRed
30 minutes in and I've seen enough of this ref. Watson and Thomas should have yellow cards, that looked like a foul on Osorio to me.

Theyre playing hockey out there, ffs. that elbow was a straight red. the kick on the goalie? possibly

pdubs
04-19-2014, 08:14 PM
keep giving Gilberto chances he is going to net a few. especially multiple chances per game.

Yohan
04-19-2014, 08:15 PM
poor positioning by Gilberto. you gotta be smarter than that

ExiledRed
04-19-2014, 08:16 PM
poor positioning by Gilberto. you gotta be smarter than that

at least pablo vitti had the poor delivery excuse. We need to see something from this guy.

ag futbol
04-19-2014, 08:17 PM
I'd like to see the replay from the side. The forward can only hold his run so long before he's going to drift off and have to check back. At first glance it seems he didn't work to ride the line enough.

ag futbol
04-19-2014, 08:17 PM
Some of the passing decisions this team makes are simply mind boggling

flamehawk
04-19-2014, 08:18 PM
;1662800']Rumour has it TFC is going to send him to Vancouver for a 2nd rounder and Erik Hurtado......

Joke right?

Jack
04-19-2014, 08:18 PM
Bradley Orr is looking good beside Caldwell.

shwade
04-19-2014, 08:19 PM
Hopefully that'll light a fire under toronto

Shakes McQueen
04-19-2014, 08:20 PM
Some of the passing decisions this team makes are simply mind boggling

To be fair, that's the case with most MLS teams.

pdubs
04-19-2014, 08:20 PM
yea we haven't been that tight defensively. just seems a little awkward tn. maybe that is FC Dallas offensive talent however.

Jack
04-19-2014, 08:21 PM
We were playing lethargic. The big man just waltzed in and got his head on that.

ExiledRed
that was bound to happen, what was that their fifteenth corner or something?

Yohan
and Dallas kills TFC on a set piece. Michel is deadly

OgtheDim
Not covered well enough.

DaBandit
04-19-2014, 08:22 PM
I'm not saying I don't like Gilberto, I'm more undecided than anything. But I'm pretty sure I liked Laba more.

ag futbol
To be fair, that's the case with most MLS teams.
True, although it's starting to look like Tony Pulis is pulling the strings tactically. We play waaaayy too direct.

notthesun
The kind of goal that drives coaches crazy. Near post corner, Hedges barely even made a run. Too easy.

OgtheDim
04-19-2014, 08:23 PM
Cesar.............wow.

pdubs
we can't defend these corners

defensor
Nice set piece defending bloom.

goal side: no

ball side: no

basic stuff

ExiledRed
and Dallas kills TFC on a set piece. Michel is deadly

jeez it was one in eight. I mean it was almost statistically impossible they wouldnt get it.

AlanO
Cesar... wow!

Yohan
Bloom's 1v1 defending vs Castillo has been good

ExiledRed
04-19-2014, 08:24 PM
we can't defend these corners

weve defended eight out of nine. the problem is giving them away. Dallas have found us out

Dkolish3
04-19-2014, 08:25 PM
Gilberto's head is not quite in the game

notthesun
Gilberto lost his touch at the critical moment there. Good step inside, but couldn't execute. Has to do better there.

Jack
Pass the fucking ball, Gilberto. FUCK.

JohnnyEnglish
Our zonal marking from corners looks all over the place. Hedges drifted between three defenders there, really poor awareness.

I like Jackson and Issy offensively, but they have both been caught either too high up the field or tucked inside too often and we are getting exposed down both flanks.

ag futbol
04-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Osorio doesn't look particularly healthy

Lumpy
04-19-2014, 08:29 PM
1-1 away against top team in the league. I'll take it.

Lumpy
04-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Bradley is not whole. No aggression.

ExiledRed
1-1 away against top team in the league. I'll take it.

still another goal or two in this game.

ag futbol
weve defended eight out of nine. the problem is giving them away. Dallas have found us out
This is it right here. We are playing too direct and giving the ball away cheaply which they subsequently use to pin us backwards in our own end and keep us under pressure.

Sometimes the counter attack or the long ball simply isn't on and you have to try something else.

Cesar and Caldwell are keeping us in it.

defensor
04-19-2014, 08:31 PM
I'm like half asleep while watching this but typically I find Jackson's defensive abilities to be his strong point. Issey has been pinching but they are only playing with one striker and Issey has been great offensively. As long as someone drops back when someone goes up it's all good imo

Kaz
04-19-2014, 08:32 PM
Gilberto is in yip mode.. he wants to score, he's frustrated he hasn't... and Dallas always has to players on him the moment he has the ball.

We need to play with more urgency, we are letting Dallas play.. it's gotta stop.

pawlukj
04-19-2014, 08:33 PM
this game is totally winnable, we just have to go for the gusto a bit harder.... gilberto has some nice crafty skill in the box if he gets room he can score a goal, i dont think this dallas side is very strong

i also agree about the passing decisions the backline is making to bradley and he doesnt like getting the ball and just whips it out to another spot where it should be..

C.Ronaldo
04-19-2014, 08:33 PM
is MLS live or MLS free stream down?

I cant login

molenshtain
04-19-2014, 08:36 PM
Bloom is our best defender. there, I said it.

OgtheDim
04-19-2014, 08:36 PM
is MLS live or MLS free stream down?

I cant login

Yes it seems to have gone down.....can't get the site. And my stream died just as TFC took the ball into the area on that 3 on 2. Had to reboot. Now getting acne commercials.

RoyalRed
04-19-2014, 08:37 PM
I know it's half only, but thus far

1. The FCD corner count is insane.
2. Bradley has been too invisible for how good he is.
3. Gilberto is a bit shit. Scoring is very psychological and you can see that side of it actually taking its toll.

Would love to come out of this with a point. Drawing games like this is how you claw your way into the playoffs.

PS now Gilbs will prove me wrong with a hat trick... Back to my Peroni.

defensor
04-19-2014, 08:38 PM
Bloom is our best defender. there, I said it.
seriously?

notthesun
04-19-2014, 08:39 PM
Bradley is clearly not 100%. Shows how desperate we are with all our injuries that he had to start. Expect him to be substituted in the 2nd.

pawlukj
04-19-2014, 08:41 PM
even with bradley not 100 % he knows how to pass and dangle around.. but getting the ball through midfield into offensive is a rare occurance requiring a contra running attack

C.Ronaldo
04-19-2014, 08:41 PM
Yes it seems to have gone down.....can't get the site. And my stream died just as TFC took the ball into the area on that 3 on 2. Had to reboot. Now getting acne commercials.

reboot? why would you have to reboot?

greatwhitenorf
04-19-2014, 08:42 PM
Bloom has been very steady. Lot to like there.

Gilberto? Ooh, this guy is beginning to be a concern.

This TV production is absolutely crap. The camera work is terrible at showing us what happened. The commentary isn't much better. Lee Godfrey reminds me of a character Rick Moranis would invent. And how effin' lame is it that Sportsnet opt for English Premier League highlights at half time? That's atrocious.

I love going to games, I find watching them on TV to be a challenge.

Kaz
04-19-2014, 08:43 PM
I know it's half only, but thus far

3. Gilberto is a bit shit. Scoring is very psychological and you can see that side of it actually taking its toll.

Put someone out there that can draw a defender, and give the boy some space.. or actually give him service and it will happen.. I really think that once he gets his first, they will come like a flood gate.

Gilberto is the long term option, he'll get there.

OgtheDim
04-19-2014, 08:43 PM
reboot? why would you have to reboot?

Cause the mouse running the generator to support my TSR-80 ran out of cheese.

pawlukj
04-19-2014, 08:44 PM
american broadcasters are lame, that goes for every sport

shwade
04-19-2014, 08:46 PM
These canadians are just as bad

Yohan
04-19-2014, 08:46 PM
this Castillo kid is really good

[NBF]
04-19-2014, 08:47 PM
I don't like the 4-4-1-1, I would prefer having an anchor man and going with a 4-3-3, with Issey and Osorio on the wings

JohnnyEnglish
04-19-2014, 08:47 PM
Bradley is clearly not 100%. Shows how desperate we are with all our injuries that he had to start. Expect him to be substituted in the 2nd.

Tough tactical change though. I suspect you're right, however Nelson will want to see out the first 20 mins or so first. I don't particularly see any upside in playing a 4-4-2 with Becker and Osorio in the middle and wiedeman upfront.

AlanO
04-19-2014, 08:48 PM
Justin Morrow saves the day.

WTF were Caldwell and Orr doing?

OgtheDim
04-19-2014, 08:49 PM
Issy tends to stop and watch what is going on in defensive box in front of him. Could have helped Morrow there.

Ajax TFC
04-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Our CBs ability on the ball is shockingly bad. Espicially Orr. How is that guy naturally a fullback?

69Chevy396
Is Gilberto another Mista?

ExiledRed
corner #11

greatwhitenorf
04-19-2014, 08:51 PM
Jackson can run, but it has to be said - he has the first touch of a Clydesdale.

shwade
04-19-2014, 08:52 PM
Issey didn't get that goal cred

ag futbol
04-19-2014, 08:52 PM
Bradley is pooched. Get him off the field, he'll play another day. Protect your assets

Yohan
04-19-2014, 08:53 PM
Bradley with perfect pass to Jackson

greatwhitenorf
Fkn Jackson, That should have been our second.

Lumpy
Bradley is pooched. Get him off the field, he'll play another day. Protect your assets

Bradley is the only one who knows how to pass

defensor
04-19-2014, 08:54 PM
this Castillo kid is really good
ye's but really bad at finishing usually

pdubs
this ref is juiced.

Sweeper
The was a bs yellow for diving.

Jack
04-19-2014, 08:55 PM
Fuck MLS Live.

ag futbol
Bradley is the only one who knows how to pass
Which is why we need to keep him in shape. He is labouring out there.

ExiledRed
Really nasty vibe to this game and the ref is nudging it their way

defensor
lol jacksons reaction after that no foul. I like that guy

[NBF]
04-19-2014, 08:56 PM
Is Gilberto another Mista?
Hes definitely better than Mista, but if I were to compare him to a player it would be Ryan Johnson, but he needs to switch his motor to high soon. Otherwise he might be comparable to the Kiwi we had last season, the one that couldn't score if he was standing with 5 ft of the net.

ExiledRed
Ive always fucking hated Dallas.

Sweeper
Bradley is really good, even when he isn't trying very hard. Insert Chuck Norris joke here.

C.Ronaldo
Did rogers unplug the mls live servers to spite cord cutters?

thankfully i have my XMBC as backup

greatwhitenorf
Good to see Dallas draw a semi-decent crowd. No doubt lifting the shame of having to attend the horribly named Pizza Hut Park has mad a difference.

defensor
04-19-2014, 08:57 PM
Osorio doesn't know how to pass?

notthesun
04-19-2014, 08:57 PM
How the hell does Issey get a yellow for a tame push when Thomas intentionally kicks Cesar and gets nothing...