PDA

View Full Version : West Ham players at the game tonight?

deltox
07-22-2008, 09:10 AM
So i know the hammers are already in town. do you think theres a chance that the players will want to watch the game tonight at BMO?

i know if i was them i would.

anyone know?

Blazer
07-22-2008, 09:17 AM
Ummm, I'm guessing not. It’s embarrassing enough for these guys to have to play these shyte teams, why would they want any further exposure beyond what is mandated by the two leagues’ agreement?! I’m guessing they’ll be at <insert favourite strip club here>.

Stugatzo
07-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Ummm, I'm guessing not. It’s embarrassing enough for these guys to have to play these shyte teams, why would they want any further exposure beyond what is mandated by the two leagues’ agreement?! I’m guessing they’ll be at CADDY'S in Scarborough because it's close to where I live.
:D:D

Ladies Love Julius James
07-22-2008, 09:34 AM
LOL it's the first club that came to my mind as well. Except you have to go in their and hope the lights arent working....because when they are...your in for a suprise.

werewolf
07-22-2008, 09:35 AM
it would be nice for them to get to see our atmosphere at a proper match, I wouldn't say its completely out of the question, maybe they are in one of the private boxes.

olegunnar
07-22-2008, 09:36 AM
They're probably still in Columbus training on grass

LucaGol
07-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Ummm, I'm guessing not. It’s embarrassing enough for these guys to have to play these shyte teams, why would they want any further exposure beyond what is mandated by the two leagues’ agreement?! I’m guessing they’ll be at <insert favourite strip club here>.

If that's the mentality of their players...then they should get over themselves....

They're West Ham ffs. Let's get real here.

Celtic got sort of embarassed at last year's ASG....West Ham will fair no better...i'm certain.

flatpicker
07-22-2008, 09:41 AM
and given the fact that the rain is supposed to pour down on us again tonight you would think that would make them feel right at home.

ilikemusic
07-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Im sure Celtic are still upset about being embarassed.

They were crying all the way to the Champions League round of 16 and another Scottish title.

This is a pre-season tune up. There is no pride on the line for those guys, no matter what Beckham, Landycakes or Don Garber says to the contrary.

Blazer
07-22-2008, 09:55 AM

They were crying all the way to the Champions League round of 16 and another Scottish title.

This is a pre-season tune up. There is no pride on the line for those guys, no matter what Beckham, Landycakes or Don Garber says to the contrary.

^ Bingo. They couldn't care less. And it's not about getting over themselves it's about playing down to a calibre that you simply can't relate to. Say what you want about WH, bottom line is - they're an EPL team who play at an EPL level.

BigTingsGwan
07-22-2008, 10:29 AM
a bunch of the mls all stars are already in town..so i imagine many of them will be on hand tonite as well

Parkdale
07-22-2008, 10:40 AM
I just ran into a bunch of MLS league people while getting my morning bagel.

I asked if they were the officials for tonights game against the impact.
They said no, and I said Too bad, I would have bought you all lunch

Nerepis
07-22-2008, 10:43 AM

:smilielol5:

Rawkus_420
07-22-2008, 10:46 AM

That would have been nice.....I hope the refs aren't calling phantom penalties against us. No doubt the limpacts know what happened to us against the whitecraps.

Rain tonight huh? I love the rain games...this is gunna be sick, hoisting a trophy in a terrential downpour, with thousand of TFC fans cheering:canada:
I better see this fucking happen tonight. Against both USL teams , we controlled every game I thought, and we showed we were the better quality team, its just the finishing that fucked us. I think Ibee is going to find the back fo the net tonight!!

LucaGol
07-22-2008, 11:07 AM

At the end of the day...preseason or no preseason...its 11 men vs. 11 men.

You think anyone wants to lose....no.

Sure they may not compete to the level of EPL...but they still do not want to lose...let alone get embarrassed.

OneLoveOneEric
07-22-2008, 11:19 AM
You can't get embarrassed by losing a game nobody will watch....

noochie
07-22-2008, 11:21 AM

Did you just call all Hammer supporters part-timers? ;)

LucaGol
07-22-2008, 11:22 AM

You can't tell me that if West Ham come in here...f the dog and lose 3-nil that it won't hurt their morale in the least. Especially if they feel their skill level is far away better then the MLS All-stars...(which its not btw)

Cause it won't be true.

OneLoveOneEric
07-22-2008, 11:25 AM
I can, and just did.
Manchester United drew to Kaiser Chiefs in South Africa the other day. Are they scared about their upcoming season now?
When a Premiership team loses to a team from 2 divisions below in the FA Cup, are they destroyed?
Not at all.
It's happened since the dawn of sports -- a lesser team plays a bigger team, and it's their cup final. Big team doesn't go out wanting to lose, of course, but they don't need to win either. Small team puts in the performance of their lives and has their 15 minutes of fame. Big team says "fair play, they threw everything at us today", and moves on.

ensco
07-22-2008, 11:25 AM
This is actually a major concern I have. I've been trying to figure out if West Ham is here yet. I hope not.

If they're in town, I'd bet some of them will be there tonight. My fear is that some of our guys will be distracted because so many buddies are in town, and they might excited about that (I'm not saying our guys are not professionals and don't care about the Impact game, I'm just saying it's human nature to be distracted). Robbo in particular knows a ton of the WHU players:

Bellamy, Bowyer and Dyer have ties to Robert (and Carver and Winsper, of course) from Newcastle,

Green and Ashton and Davenport were at Norwich with Brennan and Robbo

James Collins and Daniel Gabbidon are Welsh internationals, so must know Robbo well

Robbo also knows McCartney from Sunderland

Ricketts and Etherington were at Spurs together

Spector is a USMNT player and would know a bunch of our guys

(plus Upton played with Tebily at Birmingham, and Quashie was a teammate of Dichio's at QPR)

LucaGol
07-22-2008, 11:29 AM
I can, and just did.
Manchester United drew to Kaiser Chiefs in South Africa the other day. Are they scared about their upcoming season now?
When a Premiership team loses to a team from 2 divisions below in the FA Cup, are they destroyed?
Not at all.
It's happened since the dawn of sports -- a lesser team plays a bigger team, and it's their cup final. Big team doesn't go out wanting to lose, of course, but they don't need to win either. Small team puts in the performance of their lives and has their 15 minutes of fame. Big team says "fair play, they threw everything at us today", and moves on.

Fair enough.

I still think if they lose...it doesn't look good on them.

noochie
07-22-2008, 11:29 AM
This is actually a major concern I have. I've been trying to figure out if West Ham is here yet. I hope not.

If they're in town, I'd bet some of them will be there tonight. My fear is that some of our guys will be distracted because so many buddies are in town, and they might excited about that (I'm not saying our guys are not professionals and don't care about the Impact game, I'm just saying it's human nature to be distracted):

Bellamy, Bowyer and Dyer have ties to Robert (and Carver and Winsper, of course) from Newcastle,

Green and Ashton were at Norwich with Brennan and Robbo

James Collins is a Welsh international, so must know Robbo well

(plus Upton played with Tebily at Birmingham, and Quashie was a teammate of Dichio's at QPR)

This is likely why their training sessions have been moved out to Woodbridge... no distractions. Although that circus going on outside gate 2 may also be a cause for concern...

noochie
07-22-2008, 11:30 AM
I can, and just did.
Not at all.

Yeah I hear you... but not watching and not caring about the result are two different things. I think plenty will watch but as you mention... plenty will not really care one way or the other.

LucaGol
07-22-2008, 11:32 AM
This is likely why their training sessions have been moved out to Woodbridge... no distractions. Although that circus going on outside gate 2 may also be a cause for concern...

Good...I'm gonna go and heckle them after dinner.

NateDoGG
07-22-2008, 11:46 AM
forever blowing pretty bubbles in the air. i doubt it.

Keegan
07-22-2008, 12:19 PM

Embarassing to play these shit teams?

MLS All Stars only play one game together a year and they manage to win vs. premier league teams who have been together for a while (Fulham, Chelsea, Celtic) So they obviously aren't shyte as you say.

Beckham, De Rosario, Angel and Blanco are hardly shit

Blazer
07-22-2008, 02:04 PM
^Those guys are individual talents playing in a league that most consider still to be bright futured only. It’s like answering, “She was a really nice girl.” when asked the question, “How was last night’s blind date?”

Put something on the line for these games and the teams you’ve mentioned will play accordingly. Otherwise, they don’t give a damn.

giambac
07-22-2008, 03:26 PM
So i know the hammers are already in town. do you think theres a chance that the players will want to watch the game tonight at BMO?

i know if i was them i would.

anyone know?

That would be torture for them. To watch a team from the Useless Soccer league which is probaly equivalent to divison 3 in england.

I think they can get more if they stay in their hotel rooms and watch either Fox World Sport or Goal Tv. They carry some good repalys of the past season soccer matches from both Europe and South America.

But what do I know if their coach is pissed at them he may force them to watch tonights game.

giambac
07-22-2008, 03:31 PM

If they're in town, I'd bet some of them will be there tonight. My fear is that some of our guys will be distracted because so many buddies are in town, and they might excited about that (I'm not saying our guys are not professionals and don't care about the Impact game, I'm just saying it's human nature to be distracted). Robbo in particular knows a ton of the WHU players:

Green and Ashton and Davenport were at Norwich with Brennan and Robbo

James Collins and Daniel Gabbidon are Welsh internationals, so must know Robbo well

And so the excuses already begin. The game is still 3 hours away and the excuses are starting. Fuck our players are professionals and if they get so easily distracted then they aren't professionals.

hrvat87
07-22-2008, 06:11 PM
the west ham team are present at the game...as they were seen in the downtown core during the day

Keegan
07-22-2008, 07:04 PM
^Those guys are individual talents playing in a league that most consider still to be bright futured only. It’s like answering, “She was a really nice girl.” when asked the question, “How was last night’s blind date?”

Put something on the line for these games and the teams you’ve mentioned will play accordingly. Otherwise, they don’t give a damn.

well obviously if they can win they aren't bad. no matter if anything was on the line or not

werewolf
07-22-2008, 11:40 PM
there were a few players there today, Bellamy the most recognizable, also Ferdinand and a couple other black guys (I didn't know who they were off-hand). I talked to Bellamy for a few mins, his first comment on the game was "that is a poor standard of play" and they he said he would hate to have to play on the turf when I asked if he would ever come here.

egoodwin
07-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Bellamy and the rest of them were sitting in that lil club section next to 127, they were signing autographs from there for a bit after the game

King Tut
07-23-2008, 04:03 AM
Yes. They were in Section 128.

Bellamy even threw a stream at one of the Impact players during a corner at 127. After the match, Bellamy, Anton Ferdinand, and Luis Boa Morte signed my shirt and I took a picture with Bellamy and Ferdinand infront of Section 127. Shit was being tossed back and forth from 127 to 128 for autographs. Bellamy was given a NEE scarf by one of our members. ;)

We almost begged him to join TFC next season and he thought we were kidding and laughed it off. :D

TK88
07-23-2008, 07:07 AM
I was at there practice yesterday and almost every player had something negative to say about playing on the turf. After practice i was talking to there coach who said that it is a major concern playing on turf. Every player was a class act they all stopped for pictures and autograph's even though there was 60-70 little kids waiting for them.

ensco
07-23-2008, 07:56 AM
I was at there practice yesterday and almost every player had something negative to say about playing on the turf. After practice i was talking to there coach who said that it is a major concern playing on turf. Every player was a class act they all stopped for pictures and autograph's even though there was 60-70 little kids waiting for them.

No more apologists talking about the "wave of the future".

This comment needs to be in its own thread.

This forum needs to start becoming a pressure group on MLSE to spend the money and figure out how to make the city happy, and get grass.

Immediately.

The Argo protest is an excellent start, as MLSE will have no incentive/ability to do this if BMO goes multi-sport..