PDA

View Full Version : So you think you know your TFC? (Trivia thread) Matchday 5

Yohan
04-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Rules:
1. NO SEARCHING INTERNET ALLOWED! Do not scroll down the thread until you answered the questions.
2. Every question is either directly, or indirected related to TFC, current or former TFC player.

It's for fun, and you can keep track of how you do by yourself. It's also easier if you figure out the theme of this week's questions.

1. Who assisted on Danny Dichio's first ever goal for TFC?

2. TFC has won only once away at Dicks's Sporting Park in Colorado, a 1-0 win. What year did this win happen and who was the goal scorer?

3. Nick LaBrocca was acquired by Colorado from which team and for what ex TFC player?

4. Which TFC academy player did Colorado acquire in 2011, who was subsequently released by end of the season?

5. How many USMNT caps does Marvell Wynne have?

Good luck!

Ivy
04-11-2014, 11:26 AM
I'm gonna say... 6.

Thank you for making me feel silly, I'm going to leave now. :(

TFC07
04-11-2014, 11:32 AM
Rules:
1. NO SEARCHING INTERNET ALLOWED! Do not scroll down the thread until you answered the questions.
2. Every question is either directly, or indirected related to TFC, current or former TFC player.

It's for fun, and you can keep track of how you do by yourself. It's also easier if you figure out the theme of this week's questions.

2. TFC has won only once away at Dicks's Sporting Park in Colorado, a 1-0 win. What year did this win happen and who was the goal scorer?

3. Nick LaBrocca was acquired by Colorado from which team and for what ex TFC player?

4. Which TFC academy player did Colorado acquire in 2011, who was subsequently released by end of the season?

Good luck!

1. Edson Buddle
2. 2010, no clue
3. Chivas, no clue
4. Josh Janniere
5. 3?

TOBOR !
04-11-2014, 03:50 PM
1. Edson Buddle
2. 2007 or 2008. I'm gonna say it was Marvell Wynne
3. from CHivas ? for that Nakamura kid ?
4. No idea
5. 1

TOBOR !
04-11-2014, 03:51 PM
so.. now what ? do we go check the webs for the answers ?

PopePouri
04-11-2014, 04:01 PM
1. Who assisted on Danny Dichio's first ever goal for TFC? Buddle.

2. TFC has won only once away at Dicks's Sporting Park in Colorado, a 1-0 win. What year did this win happen and who was the goal scorer? No clue.

3. Nick LaBrocca was acquired by Colorado from which team and for what ex TFC player? Avila to Chivas. Reason I assume he was Mexican-American.

4. Which TFC academy player did Colorado acquire in 2011, who was subsequently released by end of the season? Josh Janniere.

5. How many USMNT caps does Marvell Wynne have? I'm guessing, zero or one. I'll go one.

Yohan
04-11-2014, 04:03 PM
so.. now what ? do we go check the webs for the answers ?
you can, if you're impatient, but I'll give it couple more days before I post the answers

Alonso
04-11-2014, 08:47 PM
Rules:

Good luck!

1. Edson Buddle
2. Guess: 2009 Nick Labrocca (was he on our team then?)
3. LA for Edson Buddle?
4. No idea
5. None?

RealG-TFC
04-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Mostly guesses.

1. Edson Buddle

2. 2011? Barret, off a free kick I think.

3. Chivas, for Braun?

4. Ihemelu?

5. 11?

Jack
04-12-2014, 12:02 AM
Edson Buddle

No clue.

Avila

No clue.

5 (I just looked up Marvell Wynne on Wikipedia earlier today, so I sort of cheated, but it was a pre-emptive cheat)

ensco
04-12-2014, 07:30 AM
The 1-0 Toronto- Colorado game that I remember is the one that was the same weekend as the World Cup finals in 2010. At BMO. Fuad scored.

ensco
04-12-2014, 07:48 AM
My favourite question: who was the first Canadian to score at BMO?

ManUtd4ever
04-12-2014, 08:35 AM
My favourite question: who was the first Canadian to score at BMO?

Andrea Lombardo against Aston Villa?

ManUtd4ever
04-12-2014, 08:36 AM
1. Buddle
2. 2008, Barrett with a spectacular free kick
3. Chivas, Avila
4. no clue
5. no clue

ensco
04-12-2014, 09:32 AM
Andrea Lombardo against Aston Villa?

Correct. What about in a league game?

Yohan
04-12-2014, 09:43 AM
Correct. What about in a league game?
Jim Brennan vs Columbus?

tfcocd
04-12-2014, 09:56 AM
Rules:

Good luck!

Wow this was hard! Only reason I get #1 was from very recent discussion on the boards (buddle - thanks to some post by exile). And while I most likely witnessed that rare road win cannot recall the scorer. Might have to change my user name as I barely deserve 1/5 score. Thanks for posting, always interesting to reflect back. Cheers!

ensco
04-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Jim Brennan vs Columbus?

He's the first Canadian for TFC. First Canadian to score in MLS was Geoff Aunger I believe.

I meant the first Canadian in a league game at BMO.

tfcleeds
04-12-2014, 10:05 AM
1. Buddle
2. Barrett?
3. Chivas, Avila
4. Janniere
5. One?

Jpexxx
04-12-2014, 10:13 AM
He's the first Canadian for TFC. First Canadian to score in MLS was Geoff Aunger I believe.

Migel Canizalez

Or however it's spelt.

Edit: It was also vs Columbus, if i recall correctly... Opened the scoring in a 2-1 loss... Ended that disgusting goal drought.

stoked
04-12-2014, 10:14 AM

Miguel Canizalez

Ajax TFC
04-12-2014, 10:27 AM
1) Buddle
2) Dunno
3) From Chivas for Avila
4) Dunno
5) Dunno. But I like the number 3, so I'll go with that

Yohan
04-13-2014, 02:13 PM
And the answers

-Edson Buddle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6omFaXXvlJw

-2008, Chad Barrett

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBpBfFCYn_U

-Chivas USA for Eric Avila

-Josh Janniere. Who basically disappeared.