PDA

View Full Version : The Reds General Bradley ready to face Mexico Wednesday night !!!

Red CB Toronto
03-31-2014, 10:06 PM
Michael Bradley will be making his first appearance for the USMNT since signing with the Reds. After Saturday night in Utah he was one of five players from the game to hop a flight for Phoenix to take on arch rival Mexico. It will be fun to watch Wednesday night when the Reds newest Super Star stands up on the world stage.

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10156144_10203585587139973_995541326_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/1509137_10203585588540008_483197747_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/971088_10203585589060021_842325279_n.jpg

Yohan
03-31-2014, 10:11 PM
watch Bradley get injured on this non FIFA date friendly. I will laugh, then cry.

Red CB Toronto
04-02-2014, 10:48 PM
And there you go, General Bradley opens the scoring for the USA vs. Mexico.

Cashcleaner
04-02-2014, 10:52 PM
Reading the Live Blog now. Bradley looks like he's killing it in Glendale, though Wondolowski just bagged a goal too.

Red CB Toronto
04-02-2014, 10:55 PM
Bradley assisted on the Wondo goal, what a beast MB is tonight.

Yohan
04-02-2014, 10:59 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/BothEverlastingHammerkop.gif

backbeat
04-02-2014, 10:59 PM
Bradley assisted on the Wondo goal, what a beast MB is tonight.

He's playing a CAM role it looks like - man can you imagine Laba in the DM and bradley in the CAM? actually Osorio in the DM - with Bradley attacking - potent .....

Yohan
04-02-2014, 11:00 PM
He's playing a CAM role it looks like - man can you imagine Laba in the DM and bradley in the CAM? actually Osorio in the DM - with Bradley attacking - potent .....
I don't trust Oso with DM role. that's not his game

backbeat
04-02-2014, 11:03 PM
I don't trust Oso with DM role. that's not his game

i know - it was fantasy...but Laba....it just would be potent to see Bradley up there with Defoe and Gilberto...

Red CB Toronto
04-02-2014, 11:04 PM
Here re is the goal, what a run into the box by MB on the corner kick.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=geqImNNr-Y0

Cashcleaner
04-02-2014, 11:06 PM
That 2nd US goal is something. Beltran, Bradley, and Wondo were just so well co-ordinated.

notthesun
04-02-2014, 11:15 PM
C'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Klinsmann, sub off Bradley now please.

Red CB Toronto
04-02-2014, 11:18 PM
C'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Klinsmann, sub off Bradley now please.

He is getting ready for Brazil, with six subs tonight I am sure he will not go the full 90.

Cashcleaner
04-02-2014, 11:32 PM
Goal for Mexico. Bagged by Marquez off a corner.

USA 2 - 1 MEXICO at 50:00

Red CB Toronto
04-02-2014, 11:35 PM
Goal for Mexico. Bagged by Marquez off a corner.

USA 2 - 1 MEXICO at 50:00

US needs to calm down and get back to doing what went well in the first half.

lobo
04-03-2014, 12:31 AM
great game to watch! usa had mucho swagger in the first half.

and bradley, wow. watching beckerman behind bradley in the middle got me thinking of laba too. maybe one day.

Red CB Toronto
04-03-2014, 12:34 AM
From the post-game Grant Wahl column on www.si.com

http://soccer.si.com/2014/04/03/usa-usmnt-mexico-friendly-2-2-draw-michael-bradley-julian-green/
• The presence of Michael Bradley makes a huge difference
For the past two years, the U.S. has struggled when Bradley hasn’t been on the field and been a different team when he is on the field. After missing last month’s unsightly 2-0 loss to Ukraine, Bradley returned against Mexico and was a man possessed in the first half, scoring once off a corner, assisting Chris Wondolowski on the U.S.’s second goal and covering acres of ground overall.
One key was the work of Kyle Beckerman, whose presence in the defensive midfield gave Bradley the freedom to wreak havoc. Bradley’s presence wasn’t as big in the second half, however, as Mexico attacked from wide positions more often and bypassed him. But this much is true: The U.S. needs Bradley on the field, and he has to stay healthy through the World Cup.

Auzzy
04-03-2014, 12:36 AM
Too bad US got seriously jobbed by two calls near the end. Also some bad off-the-ball fouls vs. US that were missed. US tried the same a few times but got whistled.

Otherwise very nice game, end-to-end excitement.

adam1001
04-03-2014, 01:00 AM
Great game overall. Bradley is a monster.

Red CB Toronto
04-03-2014, 01:52 AM
MB is simply a beast.

Brooker
04-03-2014, 04:57 AM
Like shit in a field, he's everywhere. Love Bradley.

How was Eddie Johnson offside?

ensco
04-03-2014, 05:52 AM
It's interesting. I was cheering for the USMNT in the 2010 World Cup, because I lived there for 10 years, they were "our boys", ie EDu and other MLS players ... I saw them play Algeria in Scallywags, bar is packed, Donovan scores in extra time to put them through, and let put a yell ... and everyone in the bar looks at me like I have just grown a horn out of my head. Like, how could ANYONE cheer for them? (Any other team in the tournament, it's a glorious charming culturally neat thing to cheer for them. Except these guys.)

I don't get why people here feel about that team like that, my guess is jealousy, but whatever the reason, I am hopeful it'll be different now. Like I said, they are our boys, from our league.

Alonso
04-03-2014, 07:08 AM
It's interesting. I was cheering for the USMNT in the 2010 World Cup, because I lived there for 10 years, they were "our boys", ie EDu and other MLS players ... I saw them play Algeria in Scallywags, bar is packed, Donovan scores in extra time to put them through, and let put a yell ... and everyone in the bar looks at me like I have just grown a horn out of my head. Like, how could ANYONE cheer for them? (Any other team in the tournament, it's a glorious charming culturally neat thing to cheer for them. Except these guys.)

I don't get why people here feel about that team like that, my guess is jealousy, but whatever the reason, I am hopeful it'll be different now. Like I said, they are our boys, from our league.

I definitely support the US national team personally, if you like MLS and watching MLS, you sort of have to don't you?

The US national team IS the MLS...

Oldtimer
04-03-2014, 07:40 AM
I want first and foremost the CMNT to do well.

However, when they are not playing Canada, I also want the US to do well for MLS' sake. A strong US MNT would boost MLS significantly.

Fort York Redcoat
04-03-2014, 08:00 AM
The U.S. team are not my boys.

I'm glad the general did well.

ensco
04-03-2014, 08:08 AM
I was there when we played the US at BMO and cheered hard for our team. Maybe someday it'll be rewarded.

But the US is who I am rooting for at the World Cup.

dupont
04-03-2014, 08:10 AM

Personally, I can't cheer for the US in anything because I find the politics of that country to be completely immoral and damaging to the world. I feel the same about China actually. I am not blaming any specific people that live there (in fact my wife is American and has only lived in Canada for 8 years now) but that is always in the back of my mind even though it has nothing to do with soccer.
So yeah, I can't speak for others but for me it's not a knock at any specific Americans because half my friends and my wife are from there and are the best people ever. It's just difficult to cheer for the US as a whole because of terrible foreign policy etc..

So when my wife asked why I wasn't cheering for the US when I was watching the World Cup with her last time around so I explained this all to her and she said it makes perfect sense. *whew*

The US National Team is pretty awesome though. I hope Canada can get to that point one day. I think I should really get over this though. Supporting the US National Team isn't like supporting the Iraq War or something like that haha. And I really do want MLS to grow as a league. Maybe I can give it another try to cheer for them this summer lol

Fort York Redcoat
04-03-2014, 08:57 AM
Personally, I can't cheer for the US in anything because I find the politics of that country to be completely immoral and damaging to the world. I feel the same about China actually. I am not blaming any specific people that live there (in fact my wife is American and has only lived in Canada for 8 years now) but that is always in the back of my mind even though it has nothing to do with soccer.
So yeah, I can't speak for others but for me it's not a knock at any specific Americans because half my friends and my wife are from there and are the best people ever. It's just difficult to cheer for the US as a whole because of terrible foreign policy etc..

So when my wife asked why I wasn't cheering for the US when I was watching the World Cup with her last time around so I explained this all to her and she said it makes perfect sense. *whew*

The US National Team is pretty awesome though. I hope Canada can get to that point one day. I think I should really get over this though. Supporting the US National Team isn't like supporting the Iraq War or something like that haha. And I really do want MLS to grow as a league. Maybe I can give it another try to cheer for them this summer lol

You can do that without the politics involved, though. If you look hard enough at any countries politics you wouldn't be following any international sport team.

U.S. are our rivals. More in some sport than others. Jealousy isn't the issue but its certainly relevant both ways.

There are reasons to hope the U.S. doesn't do so poorly the American public gives up on the game but that's a difference from supporting them. People have ties to other teams. That's fine. Follow who you wish. I'm just happy you think of Canada at all.

Oldtimer
04-03-2014, 09:00 AM
Personally, I can't cheer for the US in anything because I find the politics of that country to be completely immoral

I don't relate politics (and yes I find that the US is immoral) and sports. Otherwise, I wouldn't support TFC because it's from the same city as Rob Ford, who I can't support.

Canary10
04-03-2014, 09:20 AM
The interesting thing (as some said above) is that Bradley played the top of the diamond. I remember some people saying him and Laba are like for like and he was replacing Laba. Turns out he can play 10 yards further forward and contribute to the attack. With respect to Osorio, I really wish we had Laba playing in the Beckerman role and pushing Bradley further forward.

tfcleeds
04-03-2014, 09:32 AM
I love to cheer against Americans in the Olympics, but I will be hoping the USMNT does well in the World Cup. Re: Ensco's anecdote, so true. Was cheering for the US last World Cup (especially in the England match, haha), bought a huge American flag, etc. The level of abuse some people took for cheering for the US was unbelievable (mind you, cheering for US at an "English" pub wouldn't have won you many friends, so that's somewhat understandable). The Algeria game - I'll remember that one because of the earthquake that just happened moments after the final whistle.

adam1001
04-03-2014, 09:36 AM
I've been supporting the USMNT team for years. That team is a direct representation of our league, especially with Klinsmann giving so many MLSers a chance at being successful. A few years ago, the MLS contingent was seen as the distinct 'B' team, but now they are really competing for spots in the starting 11.

shwade
04-03-2014, 09:48 AM
I wouldn't want the US to succeed at anything including sports. [mod edit] Can you imagine how obnoxious they would be if they make it through the round of 16.

Derko
04-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Well this is way off topic^, Bradley played very well last night, hope he has enough gas to play the same on Saturday against the KKKrew.

OgtheDim
04-03-2014, 10:27 AM
,,,,With respect to Osorio, I really wish we had Laba playing in the Beckerman role and pushing Bradley further forward.

We might get that next year.

If not, I would hope TB and RN would be out looking for a good DM type. The pivot has its place but not every single game.

trane
04-03-2014, 10:52 AM
I fucking hate the YANKS in footy, always will they are Canada's enemy.

HOWEVER, I have love Bradley ever since I have start seeing him play for Chievo, great fucking player, could not believe that we got him. I will soften my stance on the USMNT while he is on it, but it is only temporary hate, the yanks, hate every us based team, ect.ect.ect.

barticusz
04-03-2014, 11:06 AM
I don't see US as Canada's enemy at all. Canada has no enemy in football other than themselves.

How lucky are we to have a guy like Bradley on our team. I would hope that our Academy players are watching him constantly and making note of how you play football. I have no problems cheering the US as someone else said.. they represent this league and it would be great if they could move on to the final 16.

TFC07
04-03-2014, 11:20 AM
When comes to soccer, Canada and USA are probably allies who both share same enemy (CONCACAF). Canada and USA soccer work together a lot due to our teams playing in American pro leagues and college system.

Problem with Canada (though it starting to improve) is weak development system which makes it hard for us to produce great soccer players (like Bradley) unless they move to Europe (which we risk losing players to other nations). This is why Canadian pro teams are going to play a big role in development of Canadian soccer players in the future.

ryan
04-03-2014, 11:22 AM
I don't see US as Canada's enemy at all. Canada has no enemy in football other than themselves.

How lucky are we to have a guy like Bradley on our team. I would hope that our Academy players are watching him constantly and making note of how you play football. I have no problems cheering the US as someone else said.. they represent this league and it would be great if they could move on to the final 16.

LOL.

Come to a V's party with a Honduras kit on. If someone hasn't ended your existence within 5 minutes, then I'd be disappointed.

barticusz
04-03-2014, 11:49 AM
LOL.

Come to a V's party with a Honduras kit on. If someone hasn't ended your existence within 5 minutes, then I'd be disappointed.

You see, I almost mentioned Honduras as our only "enemy" but then I thought back to the last game that was played between the two teams.. HON 8 - 1 CAN

That is all on Canada. Most embarrassing performance I've ever witnessed in any sport. Honduras just capitalized on our own self destruction and lack of ability.

Fort York Redcoat
04-03-2014, 12:12 PM
When comes to soccer, Canada and USA are probably allies who both share same enemy (CONCACAF). Canada and USA soccer work together a lot due to our teams playing in American pro leagues and college system.

This to me is confusing supporting a team and a federation. Just because our (Canada and U.S.) fates are presently tied in club play doesn't mean that every time a rival claims a berth for a tournament in CONCACAF it's another loss to us. The regional federation has strengths and weaknesses but I'm not muddying that with support talk.

Fort York Redcoat
04-03-2014, 12:14 PM

What are we playing for a participants ribbon then? I may not use the term enemy but rivals can be found in the region.

Alonso
04-03-2014, 12:21 PM
You can do that without the politics involved, though. If you look hard enough at any countries politics you wouldn't be following any international sport team.

U.S. are our rivals. More in some sport than others. Jealousy isn't the issue but its certainly relevant both ways.

There are reasons to hope the U.S. doesn't do so poorly the American public gives up on the game but that's a difference from supporting them. People have ties to other teams. That's fine. Follow who you wish. I'm just happy you think of Canada at all.

Canada is always top of my support pyramid no doubt.

Sans Canada at the sporting event its Chile/Mexico then the U.S. (well in soccer anyway, otherwise don't care)

Alonso
04-03-2014, 12:27 PM

Problem with Canada (though it starting to improve) is weak development system which makes it hard for us to produce great soccer players (like Bradley) unless they move to Europe (which we risk losing players to other nations). This is why Canadian pro teams are going to play a big role in development of Canadian soccer players in the future.

This is the way I see it.....

ryan
04-03-2014, 12:38 PM
You see, I almost mentioned Honduras as our only "enemy" but then I thought back to the last game that was played between the two teams.. HON 8 - 1 CAN

That is all on Canada. Most embarrassing performance I've ever witnessed in any sport. Honduras just capitalized on our own self destruction and lack of ability.

The vitriol we have towards Honduras is much bigger than that one match. Much, much, bigger.

Walms
04-03-2014, 12:46 PM
great game to watch! usa had mucho swagger in the first half.

and bradley, wow. watching beckerman behind bradley in the middle got me thinking of laba too. maybe one day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smEqnnklfYs

Detroit_TFC
04-03-2014, 12:51 PM
^ lol. Been spending all morning having the Laba through ball to Bradley dream while (partially) awake at work.

Fort York Redcoat
04-03-2014, 01:06 PM
The vitriol we have towards Honduras is much bigger than that one match. Much, much, bigger.

Just checked. Tied for 3rd with Costa Rica behind U.S. and Mexico for most games played against. 18. That helps make a rivalry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_men%27s_national_soccer_team_records (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_men%27s_national_soccer_team_records)

barticusz
04-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Rivalry in the sense that there are two teams trying to win at the same game, sure. However, rivalry implies there is competition between two sides and if we're honest, Canada doesn't provide much of any competition to the decent teams in Concacaf. You can hate on Honduras all you want and think of games against them as a rivalry, but I'd wager that Honduran's see these games as just another chance to increase their point total, before they face some real competition in the US/Mexico/Panama.

Going back to my point, USA is light years ahead of Canada in terms of quality and development. Thanks to the US, and MLS in particular we now have professional soccer being played in Canada. If anything we should see them as allies rather than enemies. Thanks to the US/MLS, Henry and Osorio get to ply their trade here in Canada, and maybe one day they'll be the ones to finally bring Canada out of the Concacaf basement. Maybe then we'll develop a rivalry with some other country.

TFC07
04-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Rivalry in the sense that there are two teams trying to win at the same game, sure. However, rivalry implies there is competition between two sides and if we're honest, Canada doesn't provide much of any competition to the decent teams in Concacaf. You can hate on Honduras all you want and think of games against them as a rivalry, but I'd wager that Honduran's see these games as just another chance to increase their point total, before they face some real competition in the US/Mexico/Panama.

Going back to my point, USA is light years ahead of Canada in terms of quality and development. Thanks to the US, and MLS in particular we now have professional soccer being played in Canada. If anything we should see them as allies rather than enemies. Thanks to the US/MLS, Henry and Osorio get to ply their trade here in Canada, and maybe one day they'll be the ones to finally bring Canada out of the Concacaf basement. Maybe then we'll develop a rivalry with some other country.

Well said.

I think we will see Canada start doing well in the future (we're starting to see some signs of that with youth teams who have been competitive recently). We probably a decade or two away being a legitimate team in CONCACAF, but pieces are there for us to become successful which we couldn't say 10 years ago.

barticusz
04-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Well said.

I think we will see Canada start doing well in the future (we're starting to see some signs of that with youth teams who have been competitive recently). We probably a decade or two away being a legitimate team in CONCACAF, but pieces are there for us to become successful which we couldn't say 10 years ago.

I agree with you. In 10 years time we should be able to compete in CONCACAF. Lot's of positives between the 3 main Academies in Canada, continuing development in MLS and other young players in Europe. Even moreso, hopefully this affiliation with USL continues so that we can have a spot for our graduates to continue to develop rather than stall. I'm sure the CSA will find a way to mess that up though.

ryan
04-03-2014, 05:07 PM

Simply untrue.

themodelcitizen
04-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Yes they're our rivals. But it's closed-minded to not realize that a deep WC run would help grow the game in the US, and what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

koolvid12
04-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Simply untrue.
Which part? I think he was spot on.

gate7
04-03-2014, 10:54 PM
I was rooting for mexico...was happy Bradley scored though....btw im canadian

barticusz
04-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Simply untrue.

In what sense? Just because teams play each other frequently doesn't mean there is a rivalry. Does Canada have a Rilvarly with Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador or Costa Rica? We play them often too. You're welcome to your opinion but at least back it up with something other than a blanket statement.

Cashcleaner
04-04-2014, 01:29 PM
I root for the Yanks mostly out of spite. You see, many people throughout the world simply can't handle the Americans being good at something they like. And despite the fact that they have some pretty solid players, a fantastic national team program, and an international record that other countries could only hope for; the Yanks just don't get any respect. I like seeing them win because it makes so many other angry.

schadenfreudeschaˇdenˇfreuˇde (noun)

1: A feeling of enjoyment that comes from seeing or hearing about the troubles of other people. German in origin, from Schaden damage + Freude joy

Fort York Redcoat
04-04-2014, 02:10 PM
In what sense? Just because teams play each other frequently doesn't mean there is a rivalry. Does Canada have a Rilvarly with Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador or Costa Rica? We play them often too. You're welcome to your opinion but at least back it up with something other than a blanket statement.

I think the problem here is that you've only referenced one Honduras match. If you remember more than one I'm confident you wouldn't need to look so very hard to see rivalry. I'll speak for Voyageur ryan- his bias is based on game experience not on historical analysis.

And what the Hondurans think has changed throughout our facing them in only 2 cycles. That's not opinion but if you want to wait till we're equals with the rest of the region to get that involved we'll let you know.

Fort York Redcoat
04-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Yes they're our rivals. But it's closed-minded to not realize that a deep WC run would help grow the game in the US, and what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Yes. A deep run for Canada would be good. Your point?

jabbronies
04-04-2014, 02:14 PM
Will never cheer for the US. Ever. I don't care if the entire team is made up of TFC players....actually if this were the case I would hope even more for them to loose...heck not even make the world cup. I don't my club players being injured.

Abou Sky
04-04-2014, 03:26 PM
I root for the Yanks mostly out of spite. You see, many people throughout the world simply can't handle the Americans being good at something they like. And despite the fact that they have some pretty solid players, a fantastic national team program, and an international record that other countries could only hope for; the Yanks just don't get any respect. I like seeing them win because it makes so many other angry.

Bwahaha!

I would love to see the US stick it to England in particular this WC for the very reason that the English think that they have some kind of ownership over the game because the Laws of the Game were written there.