PDA

View Full Version : Brek Shea to return on loan to MLS...possibly TFC

Stugatzo
03-23-2014, 05:51 PM
I have it on very good authority that Shea will be once again loaned out by Stoke (he was recently on loan to but sent back by Barnsley after an incident with a fan while away).
There are two teams on the list of possible targets and TFC is one of them...surprisingly FCD is not the other.
Can't and won't reveal my source, but it's solid info.
Part of me thinks good as it adds some depth in the midfield.
Part of me thinks well, it's Brek Shea so...

mowe
03-23-2014, 05:59 PM
A lot of people will be very pissed if TFC signs him on loan, it's another circumvention of the salary cap. I doubt MLS lets it happen. Let him go to the other team, we'll be fine without him.

PopePouri
03-23-2014, 06:02 PM
A lot of people will be very pissed if TFC signs him on loan, it's another circumvention of the salary cap. I doubt MLS lets it happen. Let him go to the other team, we'll be fine without him.

Why can't we have nice things? We also need wing depth.

Waggy
03-23-2014, 06:07 PM

Fuck em. Let them think of us like LAG. In the words of the great philosopher Dave Chappelle HATE HATE HATE HATE

Richard
03-23-2014, 06:10 PM
Well we do have a Julio who is on 90K a week at QPR. This would be just bonkers, in a good way.

Gazza_55
03-23-2014, 06:10 PM
I have it on very good authority that Shea will be once again loaned out by Stoke (he was recently on loan to but sent back by Barnsley after an incident with a fan while away).
There are two teams on the list of possible targets and TFC is one of them...surprisingly FCD is not the other.
Can't and won't reveal my source, but it's solid info.
Part of me thinks good as it adds some depth in the midfield.

I would totally love to have Shea. That would put Jackson and Issey as back-up mids. Does he have to go through allocation? Since we are atop of the list I guess it doesn't matter.

TFC07
03-23-2014, 06:47 PM
I will take him in a heartbeat. I always like his game even though he comes off bit of douchebag

TFC07
03-23-2014, 06:48 PM
I would totally love to have Shea. That would put Jackson and Issey as back-up mids. Does he have to go through allocation? Since we are atop of the list I guess it doesn't matter.

Shea can also play bit up front (as a striker) as well.

Derko
03-23-2014, 07:02 PM
Fuck em. Let them think of us like LAG. In the words of the great philosopher Dave Chappelle HATE HATE HATE HATE

I am with you 100% I don't really give a Fuck what everyone else in the league thinks,

Abou Sky
03-23-2014, 07:22 PM

Fuck LAG, I want to be Real Madrid

prizby
03-23-2014, 07:26 PM
Brek Shea will have to come back through the allocation order...TFC is first on that list; so they get first say...pretty simple

if we hadn't traded for richard mulrooney, we would have drafted him

----

this all being said, i forget who said this, but according to nelsen/bez/leiweke they have some surprise names interested in joining TFC

tfcleeds
03-23-2014, 07:30 PM
I'd take him. Screw what the rest of mls may think. We've done our time. When franchises like columbus, dallas, and maybe san jose can sell out, maybe i'll care about any perceived unfairness.

Waggy
03-23-2014, 07:51 PM

:D Gotta walk before we can run. Besides, till the cap gets removed we can't compete with the big boys. Once the cap is gone though... MLSE spends what, 170 million a year on the Leafs/Raptors salaries? Why couldn't we field a team with a 60-70 million dollar a year payroll?

akoto
03-23-2014, 08:27 PM
I will take him in a heartbeat. I always like his game even though he comes off bit of douchebag

This is exactly what I was thinking.

prizby
03-23-2014, 08:31 PM

fuck Real Madrid...Barcelona (17 out of 25 first-team players came through their academy)

ManUtd4ever
03-23-2014, 08:58 PM

TFC is currently ranked 1st in the MLS allocation order. Fuck what a lot of people think. If our team has a chance to improve the roster by adding a player of Shea's calibre without absorbing an egregious cap hit, then so be it.

denime
03-23-2014, 09:00 PM
Why can't we have nice things? We also need wing depth.

THIS,so YES bring him !!

razor787
03-23-2014, 09:06 PM
Cesar, Bradley, Shea, Gilberto, Defoe . If we can't win the league with that core, I don't know what it would take.

WestStandGeoff
03-23-2014, 09:32 PM
Is there any mention how long the loan would be for? Is it worth using up our spot on the allocation list for a guy who might only be here up to the WC break?

ryan
03-23-2014, 09:35 PM
no one likes us, we don't care.

sign the bastard for the bare minimum and throw your nose up at the league.

mcolvy
03-23-2014, 10:02 PM
You kidding me right now. Shea would be as steal, Love the guy. Injuries have ruined his physical dominance, but hes still a sold winger. I think he should have been moved to left back what whatever. Jackson and Rey both like the right side best anyways. Shea would put us over the top.

Make this come true please.

T-boy
03-23-2014, 10:08 PM
I personally wouldn't use our number one allocation spot for Shea, as I think that would be worth hanging onto until we get a permanent signing wortwhile. However, I'd take Shea in loan, he would be a great addition for this season.

PopePouri
03-23-2014, 10:28 PM
I personally wouldn't use our number one allocation spot for Shea, as I think that would be worth hanging onto until we get a permanent signing wortwhile. However, I'd take Shea in loan, he would be a great addition for this season.

This season is probably the most important for the franchise. It's go ahead or go home in my opinion. It's a temporary solution however we won't luck out due to acquisitions. We have 4 no. 1 draft picks next year.

Brooker
03-23-2014, 10:28 PM
Absolutely dreadful at Stoke. And on loan he's been a total disgrace. Even gave the middle finger to his own supporters (Barnsley) after they shit the bed. He's been an absolute classless, useless disaster over there.

I can't wait to see this immature douchebag flip the Southend off. That'll go over well.

Please, no.

T-boy
03-23-2014, 10:36 PM
Absolutely dreadful at Stoke. And on loan he's been a total disgrace. Even gave the middle finger to his own supporters (while on loan to Barnsley) after they shit the bed. He's been an absolute classless, useless disaster over there.

I can't wait to see this immature douchebag flip the Southend off. That'll go over well.

Please, no.

Shea actually had some good match reports early with Barnsley. He then got injured. Barnsley have been a disaster lately, and it wasn't just Shea who got into a bit of a to-do with their supporters. As far as being with Stoke, Shea was signed by Pulis, who then left shortly after and was repalced by Hughes, and Hughes hasn't used him at all.

In any case, we are talking about bring back to the MLS, not playing for a competative Premiership team, in which case, Shea has more than enough talent to be very successful back in the MLS right now.

Brooker
03-23-2014, 10:41 PM
I don't want somebody like that playing for Toronto FC. I'd sooner ask for Carlos Ruiz back. Even he wasn't that classless.

He's been a disaster at Stoke, he's been a disaster at Barnsley, people were wondering if he'd ever played football before. He was like a headless chicken.

Maybe he can recapture his form in MLS, but I wouldn't want somebody like him representing us.

molenshtain
03-23-2014, 11:06 PM
We really don't know what happened in the altercation. It started with him restraining another player who tried to get into it with a fan first. what happened after that we don't know. Say, if he had been trying to flip off the individual fan who was egging on his teammate to come fight him, would you still call him all those names? It's just as likely that is what happened.

anyway, I personally don't think a personality like him would undermine the team at all. what's been very obvious from the first few games is that Nelsen has complete control over his squad and tons of experienced players who lead by example. and honestly, our best players are better than the best guys he would have been playing with at stoke so I don't think he'd view it as such a step backwards that he'd take the league for granted.

kodiakTFC
03-23-2014, 11:11 PM
I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpBvdBXrdf0

Brooker
03-23-2014, 11:20 PM
and honestly, our best players are better than the best guys he would have been playing with at stoke so I don't think he'd view it as such a step backwards that he'd take the league for granted.

I wish.

molenshtain
03-23-2014, 11:29 PM
Holy shit....

Really? you wouldn't take Bradley, Defoe and Cesar over Begovic, Cameron and Jonathon Walters? Because those three dudes led the team Shea signed for in 2013 in appearances.
Honestly that says more about Stoke than it says about us

Disclaimer: I'M ALSO IN NO WAY SAYING WE ARE A BETTER TEAM THAN STOKE

Brooker
03-23-2014, 11:41 PM
"our best players are better than their best players" is different than "Our best 3 players are better than the 3 players that played the most for Stoke last season."

Meh, I just think he's a dick and overrated. I'll bow out of this thread before I lead it more astray.

molenshtain
03-23-2014, 11:46 PM
normally a team's best players are the ones who play the most. I just don't want to go into semantics on which shitty walking 8-foot pylon they have that you think is better than Defoe. or if Dean Whitehead or Charlie Adam are better than Bradley (they aren't). My point is I don't think he would find the level of training and quality of play noticeably worse than it was at Stoke.

Brooker
03-23-2014, 11:55 PM
I think I've found my new favorite user. Wait, where's Kenny Blankenship?

Dean Whitehead plays for Middlesbrough btw. I will say I'd love Stoke's defense with our forwards. We'd walk the league.

molenshtain
03-23-2014, 11:56 PM
good, I'm happy for you. Let's try to keep in touch, yeah?

He played for them the year Shea came in.

Brooker
03-24-2014, 12:13 AM
Did they even play together? Maybe once or twice if at all? Speaking of which, can we sign Whitehead? He's a beast compared to Shea.

Based on the brief moments he "graced" the pitch at Stoke, he's been terrible. The supporters said as much. Go check out the Oatcake, it says it all. We loaned him to Barnsley, they sent him back early because he was an idiot.

That's enough for me.

molenshtain
03-24-2014, 12:32 AM
I'm not sure on that first one, I try not to watch Stoke as much as possible for obvious reasons.

And yeah, sure, It's entirely possible he sucked at Stoke and Barnsley and got into an altercation with a fan under murky circumstances. but honestly, he's not a Marlon King, Nile Ranger type. He hasn't done anything reprehensible to the human race. He's just a bit of a dick. We've had dicks play here before. Hell, Most would even describe Dero as a bit of a lazy dick. But he's our dick. You see where I'm going with this? Having Dicks play on your team is often a fun thing actually, it endears them more to you whether you like it or not. Just look at San Jose these last few seasons. They might as well just fucking rain dicks on the pitch at this point with the players they have. But by god do those fans have an affinity for them.

from what we've seen while he played in MLS he's clearly a talented player who could, and should thrive in a good system with lots of role models, something which he's lacked everywhere he's gone.

TL- "why. can't. we. rain. dicks?" er... something like that

Yohan
03-24-2014, 12:34 AM
Did they even play together? Maybe once or twice if at all? Speaking of which, can we sign Whitehead? He's a beast compared to Shea.

Based on the brief moments he "graced" the pitch at Stoke, he's been terrible. The supporters said as much. Go check out the Oatcake, it says it all. We loaned him to Barnsley, they sent him back early because he was an idiot.

That's enough for me.
as much as we'd not like a twat playing for us, Shea is an upgrade over Issey, if TFC can afford him.

Liverpool got over the fact that Suarez is one of biggest cunts in football, and people still love Guevara around here, despite the fact that he's one of biggest divers in MLS history. Win, and all is forgiven seems to be prevalent in a lot of people's minds.

Brooker
03-24-2014, 12:35 AM
Okay well I'll bring an umbrella. :)

Richard
03-24-2014, 12:40 AM
We've had the biggest dick of all, I'm sure Brek Shea will be fine :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/79/Cunnytfc.jpg/200px-Cunnytfc.jpg

Yohan
03-24-2014, 12:43 AM
We've had the biggest dick of all, I'm sure Brek Shea will be fine :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/79/Cunnytfc.jpg/200px-Cunnytfc.jpg
Ruiz is the biggest dick of them all in MLS. Guevara is more of a dick than Cunty

molenshtain
03-24-2014, 12:45 AM
No love for our man Ronnie O'brien? fuck that dude. useless fuck didn't like the city because there weren't enough golf courses.

Suds
03-24-2014, 10:00 AM
So, we're gunning for a banner that says we got bigger dicks than you? Or am I totally mis reading this thread??? g:D

If he makes us win and makes us better then sign him. If there are better options then pass. Straight forward to me.

Stugatzo
03-24-2014, 10:08 AM
Suarez is one of biggest cunts in football...

This!

Super
03-24-2014, 10:10 AM
:D Gotta walk before we can run. Besides, till the cap gets removed we can't compete with the big boys. Once the cap is gone though... MLSE spends what, 170 million a year on the Leafs/Raptors salaries? Why couldn't we field a team with a 60-70 million dollar a year payroll?

Leafs/Raptors earn far more than TFC in terms of gate revenue, TV and merchandise, etc. We could probably spend in the area of $20-25 per year on salaries and MAYBE break even.

Fort York Redcoat
03-24-2014, 10:19 AM
Big Bird on loan? My question would be what do we lose? Yes I hated playing him. Yes he's a talented dick but can we be sure we'd get the best from him?

Yohan
03-24-2014, 10:31 AM
Big Bird on loan? My question would be what do we lose? Yes I hated playing him. Yes he's a talented dick but can we be sure we'd get the best from him?
Big Bird is Lenhart

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fsc/img/2012/04/30/042912-Soccer-MISUNDERSTOOD-PI-AA_2012043002451042_660_320.JPG
http://media.salon.com/2012/10/big_bird_shocked_rect.jpg

Fort York Redcoat
03-24-2014, 10:49 AM
Big Bird is Lenhart

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fsc/img/2012/04/30/042912-Soccer-MISUNDERSTOOD-PI-AA_2012043002451042_660_320.JPG
http://media.salon.com/2012/10/big_bird_shocked_rect.jpg

Ahh yes of course. But man Brek with that hair a couple years back looked like some ornery emu.

CommradePolski
03-24-2014, 03:51 PM
Ahh yes of course. But man Brek with that hair a couple years back looked like some ornery emu.

Brek was headlining a Flock of Seagulls cover band.

Alonso
03-24-2014, 06:07 PM

The two game winning streak has gone to your head! g:D

Seriously, we need ALL the help we can get whenever we can get it.

Alonso
03-24-2014, 06:32 PM
Well this is obviously whats holding up the Issy signing.

Issy or Shea?

I'm leaning towards Issey, but both would be the right answer!

tiberius
03-24-2014, 07:17 PM
I'm not sure on that ...

And yeah, sure, ... he sucked .... murky circumstances. .... a bit of a dick. .... dicks play .... a lazy dick ... our dick. You see where I'm going with this? Having Dicks .... is ... fun .... like it or not.... might as well just fucking rain dicks .... a good system with lots of role models, something which he's lacked ...

TL- "why. can't. we. rain. dicks?" er... something like that

Dick this, Dick that.... what I really want to know is.... is Shea a ball-smacker like Dimpsey? We don't need no stinkin' ball smackers! g:D

Please note: this post is certified hyperbole free by the association of antihyperbolists of America (AHA!)

Detroit_TFC
03-24-2014, 07:47 PM
I really hope this isn't what is holding up INF. On paper Brea Shea might be better, but I don't want him around our locker room. Would be disruptive.

Abou Sky
03-24-2014, 07:58 PM
I have to figure that being in the same locker room as Defoe, Bradley and Cesar would put a damper on his dickishness.

Because, well, you know. Defoe can walk up to him and say 'hey, I'm Jermaine Fucking Defoe, and I'm not a cunt about being awesome, what gives you the idea you are better than anyone here you cunt?'

billyfly
03-24-2014, 08:21 PM
Brek was headlining a Flock of Seagulls cover band.

I definitely used to hum the tune when he had that hairdo and played against us.

tfcocd
03-24-2014, 08:58 PM
I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpBvdBXrdf0

This thread is making me LMAO! With the dicks and the birds and whatnot. Glad this was posted as I remember this goal vividly for some reason. It pissed me off at the time but still recognized it was a class goal. Thinking he would be a good add, improving depth of the squad significantly. Another young player to strengthen the midfield and upgrade the standard of play required to get on to the bench.

ag futbol
03-24-2014, 09:18 PM
Meh. It's not disciplined to flip off your own fans, but there's always a certain element of this I find funny when fans expect players to grovel over them while tossing out abuse at the player when he doesn't perform. Player gives it back and suddenly the fan is offended, oh the shock.

I don't know who else might be on the list of players coming back, but this certainly isn't the worst option I've heard. Are we really going to overlook someone who fills a need on our team, has done well in MLS and is domestic?

Stugatzo
04-08-2014, 08:47 AM
NBC sports now in on the rumour...as reported here first!!
:-)

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/07/rich-get-richer-toronto-gm-would-be-100-interested-in-brek-shea/

ppn512
04-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Stoppage Time Soccer has a piece on why the move might not be good for Shea. *Hint* It's not do to attitude.

http://stoppagetimesoccer.net/2014/04/mls-rumors-return-mls-bad-brek-shea/

Detroit_TFC
04-09-2014, 02:49 PM
I do believe a change of place can sometimes do wonders for a player in a dry spell. One that comes to mind is Gervinho, who looked dire at Arsenal but is kicking it at Roma. BUT - the Barnsley loan, which should have been that change of place for Shea, was a disaster. I can't see Hughes taking him on as a project, and who else would even want him in the Prem now. If his only options are the Championship or going to Scandinavia, he might as well come back to MLS.

Prof
04-09-2014, 04:46 PM

Why all the hate on for Jackson. He has been after Bradley the best player for us in three games. Hustles, defends well, attacks and gives everything. Did you see him at the end of the Columbus game. It was like he went to war. Leave Jackson alone he's da man.:D

Areathrasher
04-10-2014, 08:54 AM
David Rowaan ‏@soccercanada 58 mins (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/soccercanada/status/454240303940005889) So that Brek Shea thing. It might actually have legs...

Hmm. Another angle which I don't think has been disscused is that Mark Hughes is Sheas boss at Stoke. The same Mark Hughes that managed Nelsen at Blackburn and signed him for QPR. Smells like a favour!

brad
04-10-2014, 09:17 AM
Shea was a very good player in the MLS. Don't like his attitude, but he would be a quality addition on the pitch.

jabbronies
04-10-2014, 09:34 AM
RE: His Attitude.

This city has dealt with MLS dicks in the past - Ruiz, Guevara come to mind.
This isn't a backwater soccer city where guys can do as they please without any repercussions. These guys will be under a microscope and scrutiny will come hard and fast on them. A lot of players in different sports crack under the pressure this city has to offer. I don't see his attitude being a big issue. I don't see Nelson tolerating it either.

OgtheDim
04-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Apart from the finger at the crowd, what are his attitude issues?

BTW, they'll all be getting a friendly reminder about drinking and driving right now. And the Leafs are about to get blown up over a lack of character. TFC seems to be the sane team.

Sweeper
04-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Link?

Ossington Mental Youth
04-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Apart from the finger at the crowd, what are his attitude issues?

BTW, they'll all be getting a friendly reminder about drinking and driving right now. And the Leafs are about to get blown up over a lack of character. TFC seems to be the sane team.

far as i know thats it, people making much a do about nothing

tiberius
04-10-2014, 08:18 PM
I have to figure that being in the same locker room as Defoe, Bradley and Cesar would put a damper on his dickishness.

Because, well, you know. Defoe can walk up to him and say 'hey, I'm Jermaine Fucking Defoe, and I'm not a cunt about being awesome, what gives you the idea you are better than anyone here you cunt?'

I hear what your are saying Sky, but we cannot leave it up to Defoe, Bradley or Cesar to sort it out...

I know I come at this different from many folk on the boards... I start with values and work from there... but what the hey... tell me where I am wrong, or where I'm right... Let 'er rip!

We want a team who can hold their head up high - win or lose, they gave their best. We like the lunch box kinda guy, but really value talent, touch, game intelligence. We want stand up guys - guys who are for the team - all for one... Guys we can cheer for, not apologize for...; (eg. having to apologize for ball smacker dimpsie - what a fuckin embarrassment - winning the cup by having that dick on the team? NO WAY!!) I am serious when I say I would rather lose the cup than have that fucking asshole Dimpsie on our team... he is a complete fuckin embarrassment. Does anyone want to get up close with a guy who thinks it is OK to whack a guy in the balls during a game?? Not me, thank you very much - I have had a good enough look at the kinda guy you are.... I want nothing to do with that looooser - full stop.

In management we want straight shooters, stand up guys - a bit of polish and politics is OK but don't fuck with the truth, reality, or the destiny of the team. We have a ton of experience with crooked shooters like Anselmi, Bierne, Cochrane, Mo + Mariner... thank goodness TimTim have delivered, so far!

Brek Shea?? I dunno. Some talent? No doubt - what-so-ever. What WE want is a great... team... to be built. If Shea is any sort of loose cannon, wacky wheel, lone wolf, sociopath or general fuck up like we have seen a thousand times before (Cunty and Mista come to mind, with Hassli's wife entering as a solid third place) then we should say: No. Fuck No. Run as fast as you can NO!!!

Tim, Tim and Nellie are creating a FUCKING WINNING TEAM - head cases, assholes and Rob Ford need not apply... you DO NOT IGNORE the fact that somebody is an asshole or an asswipe. Have you ever worked with these types of people?? If so, you would know THEY ARE POISON, TOXIC, THEY WILL KILL YOU. THEY WILL KILL YOUR TEAM. THEY WILL KILL YOUR MISSION and YOUR TEAM. THEY WILL SUCK YOUR MARROW DRY. Do not be arrogant enough to think that assholes are controllable or can be transformed into valuable assets - this is complete fantasy - a pipe dream... If Nellie's sense is, or even has a sniff that this guy could be an asshole, then his NUMBER ONE JOB is to keep that asshole out of his locker room, at all costs. FUCK TIM and TIM, Nellie is dead if an asshole sneaks into the locker room. To entertain the idea that having an asshole on our team is controllable or maintainable is both naive and disastrous. I dunno if Nellie has enough experience to know this... the desire for talent can blind people (including supporters!). If Brek is just a little WEIRD, that's OK, if Nellie thinks he can handle that kinda weird... ok - go for it.

Instinctively, I don't get the warm fuzzies on Brekkie, but the detractors have not really made much of a case... I could give the finger to the the crowd and still be a huge asset to the locker room and the team. Is this guy toxic or just a bit eccentric?? What's the scoop here?? Let's figure it out - lets dissect Brek Shea? Asshole? Eccentric? A drag on the locker room? The issue is really character and ethics, not talent.... Everyone is watching how we do the autopsy on Brek Shea... Hurry up guys, Tim + Tim might sign this guy.... at that point we may be fucked...

Jeez - 50 minutes no reply - WTF - this could be a critical issue - I see faster responses to how to steal a TSN feed on game day...

Jpexxx
04-10-2014, 09:06 PM
I don't understand where the bad attitude thing came from in regards to Shea...

Is it becuase of his hair cut?
Becuase he flipped off some fans in the UK?

tiberius
04-10-2014, 09:19 PM

Haircut, Tats, Orientation and a tich of attitude should not really be an issue - flippin the bird... maybe... can we get some of our heavyweight veterans to weigh in????? Come on guys YES or NO on Brekkie?? FYR, Super, Yohan, OT, Ajax, Shakes, Phil, BuSa, Pookie, Orgasm, DOMIN8R, Jeffro and everyone else... what are your thoughts / vote?

tiberius
04-10-2014, 09:22 PM

Not sure why I got a double post on this one...

I hear what your are saying, but we cannot leave it up to Defoe, Bradley or Cesar to sort it out...

I know I come at this different from many folk on the boards... I start with values and work from there... but what the hey... tell me where I am wrong, or where am right... Let 'er rip!

We want a team who can hold their head up high - win or lose they gave their best. We like the lunch box kinda guy, but really value talent, touch, game intelligence. We want stand up guys - guys who are for the team - all for one... Guys we can cheer for, not apologize for...; (eg. having to apologize for ball smacker dimpsie - what a fuckin embarrassment - winning the cup by having that dick on the team? NO WAY!!) In management we want straight shooters, stand up guys - a bit bit of polish and politics is OK but don't fuck with the truth, reality, or the destiny of the team.

Brek Shea?? I dunno. Some talent? No doubt - what-so-ever. What WE want is a great... team... to be built. If Shea is any sort of loose cannon, wacky wheel, lone wolf, sociopath or general fuck up like we have seen a thousand times before (Cunty and Mista come to mind, with Hassli'S wife entering as a solid third place) then we should say: No. Fuck No. Run as fast as you can NO!!!

Tim, Tim and Nellie are creating a FUCKING WINNING TEAM - head cases and assholes need not apply... you DO NOT IGNORE the fact that somebody is an asshole or an asswipe. Have you ever worked with these types of people?? If so, you would know THEY ARE POISON, TOXIC, THEY WILL KILL YOU. THEY WILL KILL YOUR TEAM. THEY WILL KILL YOUR MISSION and YOUR TEAM. If Nellie's sense is, or even has a sniff that this guy could be an asshole, then his NUMBER ONE JOB is to keep that asshole out of his locker room. FUCK TIM and TIM, Nellie is dead if an asshole sneaks into the locker room. To entertain the idea that having an asshole on the team is controllable or maintainable is both naive and disastrous. I dunno if Nellie has enough experience to know this... the desire for talent can blind people (including supporters!). If Brek is just a little WEIRD, that's OK, if Nellie thinks he can handle that kinda weird... ok - go for it.

I don't get the warm fuzzies on Brekkie, but the detractors have not really made much of a case... Is this guy toxic or just a bit eccentric?? What's the scoop here?? Let's figure it out - lets dissect Brek Shea? Asshole? Eccentric? A drag on the locker room? Everyone is watching how we do the autopsy on Brek Shea...

ag futbol
04-10-2014, 09:30 PM
I've worked with my share. A lot of high performance environments just thrive with them. Yes, some places have a no-assholes policy but I've seen it go both ways. We had the nicest lockerroom ever in year one. Really great, stand-up people. But those guys sucked on the field, just terribly. I think our need to feel nice people succeed while jerks fail really puts rose coloured glasses on the reality of it, which is competitive A-type people aren't always very nice.

Let's remember a lot of this is our perception or the perception of the media as well. People said Nick Garcia was Mo Johnston's mole, he wasn't and he was relatively well liked in the room. People said Guevara was a cancer, he left here as a model citizen. Of the players Nelsen's had around he's been a pretty good evaluator of talent. I'll trust they know what they're in for if he comes in.

tiberius
04-10-2014, 09:46 PM
I've worked with my share. A lot of high performance environments just thrive with them. Yes, some places have a no-assholes policy but I've seen it go both ways. We had the nicest lockerroom ever in year one. Really great, stand-up people. But those guys sucked on the field, just terribly. I think our need to feel nice people succeed while jerks fail really puts rose coloured glasses on the reality of it, which is competitive A-type people aren't always very nice.

Let's remember a lot of this is our perception or the perception of the media as well. People said Nick Garcia was Mo Johnston's mole, he wasn't and he was relatively well liked in the room. People said Guevara was a cancer, he left here as a model citizen. Of the players Nelsen's had around he's been a pretty good evaluator of talent. I'll trust they know what they're in for if he comes in.

I hear what you are saying - nice guys can easily finish last. I don't see that here - we have a good nucleus of non-assholes. You move forward from here, (thinking no assholes allowed) and you could get a great team. To say, we can still accommodate assholes really puts at risk our current set of players IMHO... I have some trust that TimTimNellie know what they are doing, but I also have a feeling they peruse our boards for info and intelligence. Do we have any intelligence??? ( not meaning that in a bad way, of course ;-) g:D

BuSaPuNk
04-11-2014, 08:03 AM
Haircut, Tats, Orientation and a tich of attitude should not really be an issue - flippin the bird... maybe... can we get some of our heavyweight veterans to weigh in????? Come on guys YES or NO on Brekkie?? FYR, Super, Yohan, OT, Ajax, Shakes, Phil, BuSa, Pookie, Orgasm, DOMIN8R, Jeffro and everyone else... what are your thoughts / vote?

Oh man someone had one t

BuSaPuNk
04-11-2014, 08:06 AM

Oh man someone had one too many RedBulls lol.

To me I agree headcases need not apply. But the argument can be made about a guy like Orr who had past incidents of things and has looked great on the pitch at times and says all the right things to the media.

However the counterpoint could be that you never really know who is a headcase at all. Did we really think that DeRo and DeGuz and Co. would turn the locker room into poison central? Probably not.

There's always going to be different characters in every team that are complete opposites of other in a dressing room. It's how you manage those personalities that matters.

jabbronies
04-11-2014, 09:56 AM
I think his "atittude issue" is being blown out of proportion.

The whole fan incident was him sticking up for a teammate. It's not like he was off on his own tirade, he was backing up one of his teammates. Maybe not the best way to do it, but still.

I don't think the 3 amigos (Tim x 2 and Nelsen) are going to bring in a guy who will disrupt what they are building.
No doubt they will interview/chat with him, as well as speak to managers, players etc who have played along side him, before handing him an offer.

That's part of the research when looking for a player. Talent will only take you so far. If everyone thinks you are a cunt, then you are going to have a hard time making an impact on this pitch.

We are not talking about Messi/Ronaldo/Maradonna type talent here. He's not that good that he'll be able to overcome adversity like that and still be able to shine on the pitch.

McBrace
04-11-2014, 09:57 AM
I'm also sure Bradley isn't going to allow him to step outta line.

T-boy
04-11-2014, 10:33 AM

If you read the reports about this flipping off incident - Shea was actually dragging his team mate away from having a shouting match with the. Shea was trying to protect his team mate, as far as I can see. Then the crowd turned on Shea, and he showed them the V sign. Trying to backup your team mate who is being abused by fans is a sign of good team spirit and attitude towards his colleagues, not the other way around. And you know, I don't blame the odd footballer for cussing out the fans - the fans spend all game abusing the players sometimes, and yet when one player does something back to the fans, they are a horrible pro?

I bet none of us have joe public sat by our work desks telling us to F-off and that our wives are sluts or somebody telling our workmate, who we respect, that they are useless at their job. I would soon shout back at joe public and tell them to leave the office!

Brooker
04-11-2014, 12:26 PM
Or he could have acted like an adult and walked away. But he's a child and went down to their level, so it's not surprising.

Abou Sky
04-11-2014, 02:14 PM
I bet none of us have joe public sat by our work desks telling us to F-off and that our wives are sluts or somebody telling our workmate, who we respect, that they are useless at their job. I would soon shout back at joe public and tell them to leave the office!

You have never worked retail...

Derko
04-11-2014, 02:22 PM

Being a volunteer, seems to give average decent people an excuse to be abusive towards you. My how self righteous this thread has become.

T-boy
04-11-2014, 05:34 PM
Or he could have acted like an adult and walked away. But he's a child and went down to their level, so it's not surprising.

I would say that's a little much, personally. Just cos he reacted makes him a child? I think it makes him human!

and yes, I have, for years. And I've been abused, shouted at, sworn at, some guy actually tried to jump across the front desk of where I work once and security had to restrain him. I've seen it all. And yes, I've reacted and shouted and sworn back sometimes. But did I get fired? no. My boss backed me up. And did I then get other customers try and get me fired or so that I couldn't find another job (as is the case with Shea)? Nope!

It's really a double standard when you get to pro sports players. They have to take all the abuse in the world and never react. Whereas if we do it in our own jobs, its fine.

In any case, its really a different thing that we are talking about. One customer getting angry and shouting at you in your job....compared to 20,000 people or more shouting abuse and giving you the finger, abusing your family and wife...and you just have to suck it up and "be an adult". I'd soon give supports the finger if I was a pro- soccer player!

kodiakTFC
04-11-2014, 06:55 PM

Don't drag this team into this..

http://www.futbol24.com/upload/team/Trinidad--Tobago/Joe-Public-FC.png