Ivy
03-21-2014, 03:34 PM
Did I miss it? It's 4 30

prizby
03-21-2014, 03:34 PM
did we miss it?

Pint
03-21-2014, 03:36 PM
yes i caught a bit of it at 415 but only the last 3 or 4 min i believe.

basically the stadium plan will work, we have money to make it work, trust us

Ivy
03-21-2014, 03:36 PM
I had to listen to baseball... MONTREAL baseball - better not have missed it.

*edit: BAAAHHHHHHHhhhh... Leave BMO the f alone.

DaBandit
03-21-2014, 03:45 PM
Yeah sorry I should have been a little quicker with the post, he basically got on a minute after I posted the original heads up.

In regards to Argo's at BMO he once again stressed that it can have no impact whatsoever on TFC and then the experience in his opinion will be better because of all the upgrades that will happen (Roof, upgraded bathrooms, etc... ). But the one thing I found really interesting was that he said for the Argos to play there the two supporter sections cannot be where they are now because that's where the end zones would have to be. So are the supporter sections going to be able to be moved back and forth depending on the game? or will supporter sections be moved back permanently?

james
03-21-2014, 03:45 PM
yes i caught a bit of it at 415 but only the last 3 or 4 min i believe.

basically the stadium plan will work, we have money to make it work, trust us

so basically what we said they would say, they said!

james
03-21-2014, 03:47 PM
Yeah sorry I should have been a little quicker with the post, he basically got on a minute after I posted the original heads up.

In regards to Argo's at BMO he once again stressed that it can have no impact whatsoever on TFC and then the experience in his opinion will be better because of all the upgrades that will happen (Roof, upgraded bathrooms, etc... ). But the one thing I found really interesting was that he said for the Argos to play there the two supporter sections cannot be where they are now because that's where the end zones would have to be. So are the supporter sections going to be able to be moved back and forth depending on the game? or will supporter sections be moved back permanently?

ya they aren't really explaining everything we want to know.

dantdot
03-21-2014, 03:56 PM
Bunch of interviews today

Leiweke on TSN
http://iphone.tsn.ca/tsnpodcasts/DN_TimLeiweke_Mar21.mp3

Tim B on 590
http://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_demand-3/Tim-Bezbatchenko-on-Brady-and-Walker-B&W-20140321-Interview.mp3

Dero on 590
http://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_demand-3/Dwayne-De-Rosario-with-Tim-Micallef-and-Sid-Seixeiro-ts-20140321-Interview.mp3

PopePouri
03-21-2014, 04:19 PM
ya they aren't really explaining everything we want to know.

Sightlines don't change so the supporters sections remain where they are for soccer games and then moved or removed for football. Stuff about putting them on rollers or some shit...I don't know. Main thing is the sightlines.

Alonso
03-21-2014, 04:21 PM
Bunch of interviews today

Leiweke on TSN
http://iphone.tsn.ca/tsnpodcasts/DN_TimLeiweke_Mar21.mp3

Tim B on 590
http://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_demand-3/Tim-Bezbatchenko-on-Brady-and-Walker-B&W-20140321-Interview.mp3

Dero on 590
http://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_demand-3/Dwayne-De-Rosario-with-Tim-Micallef-and-Sid-Seixeiro-ts-20140321-Interview.mp3

Thanks for this.

Alonso
03-21-2014, 04:25 PM
I'm drinking the Leiweke kool-aid hard with some vodka. (tastes better)

He hasn't lied to us yet as far as I know, so all things being equal, I'm going to believe him when he says:

"the soccer experience will not be affected... no lines... no ripped up grass... no astro turf.... same sight lines"

We get a roof, we get updated concourse and washrooms, we get updated audio and video displays, we get proper 30,000 - 40,000 seating capacity (for CCL games and our imminent MLS Cup)

Sounds good to me.

Pint
03-21-2014, 04:43 PM
I 100% believe that TL thinks he can pull this off and make it perfect. He is a salesmen at heart and that is what he is trying to do right now, sell this plan to the fan base so that it isn't a distraction during the year.

greatwhitenorf
03-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Unbelievable

Leiweke says they'll use artificial turf for the CFL end zones and grass for the main playing surface between the goal lines. If I'm a CFL player, I'd be concerned. The cleats worn for grass are different from plastic. All it will take is a few injuries based on shoe issues and there'll be controversy.

And Bezbatchenko says league results are a priority over cup competitions. Gotta agree. We'll need our back-up players to be healthy and ready once the World Cup players leave. Bendik will be no problem, but who fills Bradley and Defoe's shoes for at least a month are more critical and, especially with Dike's absence, we can't afford to risk injuries to them. Big chance for the scrubs in the Canadian championships.

PopePouri
03-21-2014, 05:50 PM
Really? We're talking a minute percentage of the game being played in the in-zones. Also right now, the Argos have no say in this. They're lucky we're taking them in and Tim has made it clear they're second to all TFC operations.

ensco
03-21-2014, 06:11 PM
I'm drinking the Leiweke kool-aid hard with some vodka. (tastes better)

He hasn't lied to us yet as far as I know, so all things being equal, I'm going to believe him when he says:

"the soccer experience will not be affected... no lines... no ripped up grass... no astro turf.... same sight lines"

We get a roof, we get updated concourse and washrooms, we get updated audio and video displays, we get proper 30,000 - 40,000 seating capacity (for CCL games and our imminent MLS Cup)

Sounds good to me.

I believe he is sincere. But his sincerity is not really the point.

Question is, what is the degree of difficulty of what he is promising? (It's high imho, you don't really have any multi-use facilities in climates like ours that exist with hybrid grass, which has to mean something)

What happens down the line if he has done his best to keep grass, and it's not working?

TFC07
03-21-2014, 06:17 PM
And Bezbatchenko says league results are a priority over cup competitions. Gotta agree. We'll need our back-up players to be healthy and ready once the World Cup players leave. Bendik will be no problem, but who fills Bradley and Defoe's shoes for at least a month are more critical and, especially with Dike's absence, we can't afford to risk injuries to them. Big chance for the scrubs in the Canadian championships.

If we want to become a "super club" then we need to win everything. You don't spend $100 million to make it to the playoffs only.

Only losers pick and choose what competitions they want to win. Playoffs shouldn't be only priority for this club if we want to be taken seriously at home and overseas.

Abou Sky
03-21-2014, 08:13 PM
I wonder if South side becomes bleachers that collapse (like Sky Dome)

Fine with me really.