03-20-2014, 12:12 PM
From toronto fc website

http://www.torontofc.ca/content/2014-home-opener

InDa_110
03-20-2014, 12:13 PM
*address

Eastend
03-20-2014, 12:20 PM
Would have been nice to coordinate the marche with RPB.....but oh well.

MartinUtd
03-20-2014, 12:28 PM
Would have been nice to coordinate the marche with RPB.....but oh well.

Fall in line, now!

InDa_110
03-20-2014, 12:30 PM
I wonder if anyone invited Tim or Tim to address crowd at Shoeless?

Is that possible?

OgtheDim
03-20-2014, 12:33 PM
Well there is stuff about the rest of the pregame.

$5 Bud on the patio pregame that I will pass on. I'll take the mittens though.

dupont
03-20-2014, 12:37 PM
March with us! (to our patio to sell you beer)

Also, I can't wait to "sign" the anthem with everyone.

molenshtain
03-20-2014, 12:37 PM
are we gonna throw the mittens on the field when Defoe scores his first?

BuSaPuNk
03-20-2014, 12:39 PM
I'm going to love the fact that our march is going to look like Russia invading Ukraine compared to there's! Lol

And advertising it two days before? Lol yeah real hype and reason to go. Lol

See everyone at Joes.

Red CB Toronto
03-20-2014, 12:41 PM
I'm going to love the fact that our march is going to look like Russia invading Ukraine compared to there's! Lol

See everyone at Joes.

No place I rather be than Joe's, our home where the heart is. It is going to be dame cold for those people hanging out on the patio.
our march will be a special one for sure.

InDa_110
03-20-2014, 12:44 PM

See everyone at Joes.

I agree. As someone who has been to Brazen a few times pre-match I guarantee you not too many people are going to leave there 2hrs and 15mins before kickoff.

BuSaPuNk
03-20-2014, 12:56 PM
I agree. As someone who has been to Brazen a few times pre-match I guarantee you not too many people are going to leave there 2hrs and 15mins before kickoff.

People were even doubting our march leaving at 3:15 as too early! Lol

Fort York Redcoat
03-20-2014, 01:20 PM
I wonder if anyone invited Tim or Tim to address crowd at Shoeless?

Is that possible?

No and no.

Red CB Toronto
03-20-2014, 01:24 PM

People were even doubting our march leaving at 3:15 as too early! Lol

Especially if it is hovering around zero with rain and snow.

Justin10000
03-20-2014, 01:35 PM
I am not a fan of Brazen Head. It's a pretty poor bar to watch football and to gather. I don't get why people like it.

Yagbod
03-20-2014, 01:49 PM
I am not a fan of Brazen Head. It's a pretty poor bar to watch football and to gather. I don't get why people like it.

It's really close to BMO and they have massive beer steins for 10 bucks. Plus wicked space for outdoor and roof top patios.

Red CB Toronto
03-20-2014, 01:50 PM

Attracts the patio crowd in the summer, but if that's what you want go for it, I have been known to stop at least a few times.

brad
03-20-2014, 01:53 PM

They weren't overly friendly to this group and TFC supporters in general when the team first launched, and it has left a bad taste in my mouth ever since. Crappy cookie cutter place anyway.

Fort York Redcoat
03-20-2014, 01:55 PM

It's really close to BMO and they have massive beer steins for 10 bucks. Plus wicked space for outdoor and roof top patios.

It's a place that is open to anyone, anytime, and that's okay.

Joe's is just for us on gameday and that's great for us. I'll be there for plenty of away games this year.

C.Ronaldo
03-20-2014, 02:28 PM
MLSE leading the march seems a bit odd.....like herding sheep into the Budweiser patio. $5 buds...seriously? piss water should be priced accordingly

Gilberto9
03-20-2014, 02:31 PM
So are we going to be too late for the address from Leiweke? Not sure why the club doesn't wish to cooperate with the supporters march.

ryan
03-20-2014, 02:33 PM
Especially if it is hovering around zero with rain and snow.

Today's forecast for Saturday calling for 3 degrees (feeling like -1) and no precipitation.

Super
03-20-2014, 02:34 PM
Good location for that sort of thing. Don't want to be sponsoring one supporters club over another. Best to host it at a neutral place in my opinion.

Super
03-20-2014, 02:34 PM
Today's forecast for Sunday calling for 3 degrees (feeling like -1) and no precipitation.

Looking good for Saturday indeed.

ryan
03-20-2014, 02:36 PM
So are we going to be too late for the address from Leiweke? Not sure why the club doesn't wish to cooperate with the supporters march.

The club is out to make money, which they have every right to.

They can recoup Defoe and Bradley's salaries off the casual joe fan. No sweat off my back.

Red4ever
03-20-2014, 02:38 PM
Leiweke has given us free beer, addressed us on multiple occasions (catered it) , gave us raptor tickets, gave us smoke in the stadium, put us on an old timey bus tour, organized a free jersey giveaway...oh and brought in 100 million dollars worth of world class players.

Not sure why the supporters don't stop shitting all over the club at all cost.

Honest to fuck, it's a march.

prizby
03-20-2014, 02:47 PM
1. I'm glad the club isn't coordinating with our march...it is our march, not a FO march
2. There march and the whole Tim & Tim thing is brought to you by...you got it, Budweiser; they are only there because a big corporate sponsor wants them there. This will cater to the casual fan and the fans that want to be treated like a customer and that is fine; that is there piece of cake and we shouldn't as supporters expect all the goodies to come our way
3. This is a way for the FO to communicate and engage a different part of their fan base, I am quite fine with just letting it be.

tfcleeds
03-20-2014, 02:55 PM
Besides, I'll take the $5 Heineken tallboys at Joe's over the $5 Bud at the stadium anyday.

brad
03-20-2014, 02:57 PM
Quite frankly, regardless of the motivations behind their march and cheap beer, I'm quite glad they are doing it. Get more people to the stadium early. Hopefully it is packed for kick off.

BuSaPuNk
03-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Besides, I'll take the $5 Heineken tallboys at Joe's over the $5 Bud at the stadium anyday.

THIS!!!

Tony Santiago
03-20-2014, 03:13 PM
Leiweke has given us free beer, addressed us on multiple occasions (catered it) , gave us raptor tickets, gave us smoke in the stadium, put us on an old timey bus tour, organized a free jersey giveaway...oh and brought in 100 million dollars worth of world class players.

Not sure why the supporters don't stop shitting all over the club at all cost.

Honest to fuck, it's a march.

No doubt. Not everything needs the stamp of negativity on it.

ryan
03-20-2014, 03:18 PM
Quite frankly, regardless of the motivations behind their march and cheap beer, I'm quite glad they are doing it. Get more people to the stadium early. Hopefully it is packed for kick off.

Excellent point. I'm sure I'm speaking for all RPB and supporters alike, we want BMO full at kickoff, not the 30th minute.

Derko
03-20-2014, 03:23 PM

Coordinate?

There is likely some sort of corporate tie with the Brazen Head, The guy who owns it also owns Ned Devines and Tirn an og. I have been to all three, they are OK, and have been to Joe's as well, prefer Joe's, but alas the best was the tailgates, before the big showdown, we kept our drinks in the big red cups and the glass bottles and cans out of sight. :scarf:

Brooker
03-20-2014, 03:32 PM
I don't know what all the fuss is about. The LC is the best bar in the neighbourhood.

Derko
Excellent point. I'm sure I'm speaking for all RPB and supporters alike, we want BMO full at kickoff, not the 30th minute.

I am with you on this^ I don't know why some people want build Silo's around themselves. isn't all about support for TFC, regardless of where that may take place :scarf:

Red CB Toronto
Let MLSE have their party and we can have our, once the games starts , we are one, "all for one", we all love this team.

brad
03-20-2014, 03:35 PM
I am with you on this^ I don't know why some people want build Silo's around themselves. isn't all about support for TFC, regardless of where that may take place :scarf:

Not to mention the fact that some of those people that show up to their for the prematch stuff and join in their march might say "Hey - that was pretty cool" and decide to join in on something the supporters do next time around.

Cas87
03-20-2014, 03:39 PM

+100 with this!

Yagbod
03-20-2014, 03:44 PM
Good location for that sort of thing. Don't want to be sponsoring one supporters club over another. Best to host it at a neutral place in my opinion.

Brazen is the home bar to two supporters groups, neither of whom are going that day because of this Bud nonsense.

Pint
03-20-2014, 03:53 PM
Brazen is the home bar to two supporters groups, neither of whom are going that day because of this Bud nonsense.

Correct, plus a few other reasons. The supporter march is for supporters and I for one am very happy that it was organized so that we would not be combined. Last thing we want is a smoke device poped and a mom with a little child bitching about all of it.

Detroit_TFC
03-20-2014, 04:02 PM
We have our thing, USec is doing their thing, the FO is doing their thing, it's all good, reaching different sets of people.

Parkdale
03-20-2014, 04:52 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/69/Diffrentstrokes.jpg

considering how packed Joe's will be on game day..... I'm happy that other bars are opening their doors to the reds.

In the end, we've been with Shoeless Joe's since Game#1, and I consider ourselves to be quite fortunate. There's more options in the area now, so it's good that other bars get a slice of the pie - it certainly beats when bars wanted nothing to do with TFC (yeah, looking at you What Sheaf & Foggy Dew)

Super
03-20-2014, 05:28 PM

What supporters group, if you don't mind me asking? I know there's a bunch out there, but there's really only 2 big ones still (meaning more than 100 members at least).

Tony Santiago
03-20-2014, 07:10 PM
Why was one of my posts edited out? The point was simply that it's enough already with caring about who drinks where or attends what function or who hosts, sponsors or whatever else. Who cares?

Seriously it's 2014. Corporations being involved in team events is not a new thing. It's nothing to judge or start categorizing fans about. Most fans attend all things and don't think much about it. Supporter culture isn't exclusive to those who name themselves as a club or group. It's a big game and Bud is our team beer sponsor, it shouldn't be a big deal.

BuSaPuNk
03-20-2014, 07:19 PM
Why was one of my posts edited out? The point was simply that it's enough already with caring about who drinks where or attends what function or who hosts, sponsors or whatever else. Who cares?

Seriously it's 2014. Corporations being involved in team events is not a new thing. It's nothing to judge or start categorizing fans about. Most fans attend all things and don't think much about it. Supporter culture isn't exclusive to those who name themselves as a club or group. It's a big game and Bud is our team beer sponsor, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Your original post didn't refer to that at all it was a personal and broad attack.

That's why.

And to me it is a big deal. I don't care about bud it's pisswater and it's shite. Hence why I'll drink at Joes. It would be nice for the FO to allow local brewries to have there products available as well instead of selling to the highest bidder.

And you say who cares but continue to carry on making your point. So I'm just a little confused why.

Red CB Toronto
03-20-2014, 07:36 PM

What two supporter groups have Brazen Head as their home base?

Red4ever
03-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Selling to the highest bidder brings in money to buy players. And guess what, if Bud wasn't popular, people wouldn't buy it all the time.

The same conversations on here all the time about what is or isn't a good beer or shite or shit or piss water. Repetitive rants on both sides.

Honest to god boys, it's a business.

Pint
03-20-2014, 07:43 PM
What two supporter groups have Brazen Head as their home base?

Kingsinthenorth and SG114 go pregame

FluSH
03-20-2014, 07:57 PM
Big Fail Here... Brazen Head?! Comeon

Red CB Toronto
03-20-2014, 07:58 PM
Is Kings of the North a break away group from NEE. Was the demise of NEE due to some people getting pissed off a Pedro?

Also what bar is The Original 109 going too for pre-game, have no heard anything out of them.

Either way Saturday will rock.

FluSH
03-20-2014, 07:59 PM

You mean the Boxes and Field level tables!

BuSaPuNk
03-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Selling to the highest bidder brings in money to buy players. And guess what, if Bud wasn't popular, people wouldn't buy it all the time.

The same conversations on here all the time about what is or isn't a good beer or shite or shit or piss water. Repetitive rants on both sides.

Honest to god boys, it's a business.

Cal I understand the business side of it but I don't see how they can completely shut out local brewries. Almost every other team in the leauge has local brews available to them.

Why are we different?

Sure people like and enjoy them and good for them. But the contract they have with InBev for TFC is no where compared to there deal with Molson in the ACC. If almost argue that the deal they have brings little to no money to the squad anyways.

InDa_110
03-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Your original post didn't refer to that at all it was a personal and broad attack.

That's why.

And to me it is a big deal. I don't care about bud it's pisswater and it's shite. Hence why I'll drink at Joes. It would be nice for the FO to allow local brewries to have there products available as well instead of selling to the highest bidder.

And you say who cares but continue to carry on making your point. So I'm just a little confused why.

For the record I didn't start this thread to knock TFC FO, just brought attention to what I saw on tfc website earlier. I didn't respond to any attacks because there was no need to make mountains out of mole hills. Someone else said it best when they said, RBP will be at Joes, other groups will do their thing, and come 4:30pm we're all for one. That being said I too would really love to see local breweries have a chance to sell their products at BMO. I think it supports local small business, and would be great PR for MLSE in doing so.

FluSH
03-20-2014, 08:01 PM
Let's not derail the thread CB...

Is Kings of the North a break away group from NEE. Was the demise of NEE due to some people getting pissed off a Pedro?

Also what bar is The Original 109 going too for pre-game, have no heard anything out of them.

Red CB Toronto
03-20-2014, 08:04 PM
Let's not derail the thread CB...
Sounds good to me, back on point.

BuSaPuNk
03-20-2014, 08:07 PM
For the record I didn't start this thread to knock TFC FO, just brought attention to what I saw on tfc website earlier. I didn't respond to any attacks because there was no need to make mountains out of mole hills. Someone else said it best when they said, RBP will be at Joes, other groups will do their thing, and come 4:30pm we're all for one. That being said I too would really love to see local breweries have a chance to sell their products at BMO. I think it supports local small business, and would be great PR for MLSE in doing so.

Agreed about the brews.

I wasn't on your orginal post but Tony's first post that was taken down.

FluSH
03-20-2014, 08:09 PM
Agreed about the brews.
I wasn't on your orginal post but Tony's first post that was taken down.

Alright Busa.. we have our own March thread to pimp! :)

BuSaPuNk
03-20-2014, 08:13 PM
Alright Busa.. we have our own March thread to pimp! :)

Agreed!!!!!

tiberius
03-20-2014, 09:06 PM

That's why.

This is wrong - completely wrong. You can't be a moderator and bring your own prejudice into the moderating??? JHC You have a moderator editing posts to fit their own agenda - WOW!!! Card the poster if you must - whatever. Edit the post? WOW. Reign this guy in - this is not a moderator - MODERATOR OUT OF CONTROL!!!

BuSaPuNk
03-20-2014, 09:17 PM
This is wrong - completely wrong. You can't be a moderator and bring your own prejudice into the moderating??? JHC You have a moderator editing posts to fit their own agenda - WOW!!! Card the poster if you must - whatever. Edit the post? WOW. Reign this guy in - this is not a moderator - MODERATOR OUT OF CONTROL!!!

I didn't moderate or remove the post. Hence why i was still in the conversation. So you might want to back down from your attack.

Anyways We got our own march to deal with.

CBTFC
03-20-2014, 09:22 PM
Maxim Usanov

Ivy
03-20-2014, 09:27 PM
BURN IT DOWN, BURN IT ALLL DOWNNNNNN!!!!
Calm down. He's a mod cuz he was deemed fit to be a mod, even if he did edit the post (which I'm sure he didn't), he would have to explain it behind the scenes. So take it easy.

Shakes McQueen
03-20-2014, 09:32 PM

If you have a legitimate complaint about a moderator, report the post in question, or PM another mod/exec. Don't do this. And confirm your actual allegations are accurate, first.

- Scott

denime
03-20-2014, 09:54 PM
All I can say about MLSE march is this

other then that I don't give a f*^k what other people do before the game,just make sure you are in your seat at least 30 minutes before the game and not 5-10 minutes into first half.

CHEERS and see you at Joe's :drinking:

BuSaPuNk
03-20-2014, 09:56 PM

other then that I don't give a f*^k what other people do before the game,just make sure you are in your seat at least 30 minutes before the game and not 5-10 minutes into first half.

Exactly or you'll miss our display as well lol

Phil
03-20-2014, 09:57 PM

Amen.

Lets get into that stadium early.

tfcleeds
03-20-2014, 10:43 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/69/Diffrentstrokes.jpg

considering how packed Joe's will be on game day..... I'm happy that other bars are opening their doors to the reds.

In the end, we've been with Shoeless Joe's since Game#1, and I consider ourselves to be quite fortunate. There's more options in the area now, so it's good that other bars get a slice of the pie - it certainly beats when bars wanted nothing to do with TFC (yeah, looking at you What Sheaf & Foggy Dew)

Yeah, I remember going to Wheat Sheaf a couple of times post-game in Year 1. I think U-Sector had that as their bar for awhile. In any event, I think it was more or less 5 or 6 games into the season, when they more or less decided TFC supporters were not welcome. I think they may have changed their tune since then, since I still see plenty of red shirts on the patio on gameday. But yeah, they seemed pretty hostile initially. Shame, because I kind of like that place - it's divey, but it's got character (and history). Those first few home games were wicked fun though before they turfed supporters.

Yagbod
03-20-2014, 10:45 PM
[ Originally Posted by Pint
Kingsinthenorth and SG114 go pregame]

You mean the Boxes and Field level tables!

???

Was this a slight or a weird joke?

Hopefully a joke.

Let's work together guys and have some fun on Saturday.

All for TFC.

Red CB Toronto
03-20-2014, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I remember going to Wheat Sheaf a couple of times post-game in Year 1. I think U-Sector had that as their bar for awhile. In any event, I think it was more or less 5 or 6 games into the season, when they more or less decided TFC supporters were not welcome. I think they may have changed their tune since then, since I still see plenty of red shirts on the patio on gameday. But yeah, they seemed pretty hostile initially. Shame, because I kind of like that place - it's divey, but it's got character (and history).

I always find it a little funny when a bar does something to push people away, why would anyone not want cash paying customers? So what exactly did the wheat sheaf do to keep TFC supporters out of there bar? I heard the Foggy Dew, Brazen Head etc all did the same too. In some cases especially with the Brazen Head changed their tune drastically when the beer companies and TFC themselves came calling.

Pint
03-20-2014, 10:51 PM
Brazen is still not very accommodating... Wheat sheaf must have changed their tune recently

Auzzy
03-20-2014, 10:56 PM
I always find it a little funny when a bar does something to push people away, why would anyone not want cash paying customers? So what exactly did the wheat sheaf do to keep TFC supporters out of there bar? I heard the Foggy Dew, Brazen Head etc all did the same too. In some cases especially with the Brazen Head changed their tune drastically when the beer companies and TFC themselves came calling.

I never had the sense that Brazen Head pushed away any TFC fans when I went there? Was always a nice time. The thing is, they are often pretty full anyway, for example after work/before evening games, with other folks that aren't going to the TFC game. I could see them having trouble booking a big group in their busy times. Generally there's often a big lineup there, especially when there's good weather or a bunch of other reasons, so not a very reliable place to go on busy days unless you go very early. So perhaps a tough place to go for any large group of supporters.

Red CB Toronto
03-20-2014, 11:00 PM
Brazen is still not very accommodating... Wheat sheaf must have changed their tune recently

Brazen Head is wrapped in TFC logos on the patio,on the game day menu etc., it warmed up when the beer reps and the team itself came calling.

Pint
03-20-2014, 11:02 PM
Brazen Head is wrapped in TFC logos on the patio,on the game day menu etc., it warmed up when the beer reps and the team itself came calling.

I meant towards a SG not to TFC fans in general, they love the $$$ from TFC fans

Red CB Toronto
03-20-2014, 11:07 PM
I meant towards a SG not to TFC fans in general, they love the $$$ from TFC fans
What do they say when a bunch of supporters are in the bar, do they go after them etc?

tfcleeds
03-20-2014, 11:12 PM
What do they say when a bunch of supporters are in the bar, do they go after them etc?

They go to great lengths to clamp down on singing/chanting, etc. They wouldn't be down with an atmosphere like Joe's last Sat.

tfcleeds
03-20-2014, 11:13 PM
I never had the sense that Brazen Head pushed away any TFC fans when I went there? Was always a nice time. The thing is, they are often pretty full anyway, for example after work/before evening games, with other folks that aren't going to the TFC game. I could see them having trouble booking a big group in their busy times. Generally there's often a big lineup there, especially when there's good weather or a bunch of other reasons, so not a very reliable place to go on busy days unless you go very early. So perhaps a tough place to go for any large group of supporters.

This is pretty much it in a nutshell.

Pint
03-20-2014, 11:13 PM

oh no, we welcome to be in the bar but not willing to reserve a table or two for the people. I get it from a business point of view(they will fill up if we show up or not so why make special accommodations for us) but can just be a little irritating when trying to plan for a group of people.

anyway not sure how on topic this is

Red CB Toronto
03-20-2014, 11:22 PM
They go to great lengths to clamp down on singing/chanting, etc. They wouldn't be down with an atmosphere like Joe's last Sat.

So do they actually go up to people and say shut the f.. up or get out? The Rhino I heard did this with NEE when they just parked themselves there. I just laugh at this, so why does SG114 even want to go there?

Yagbod
03-20-2014, 11:25 PM

We had a professionally printed railing banner with the SG's logo on it and they threw it out. They can't handle anything even slightly footy pub like. But like I said: proximity, giant beers and awesome patios.

Red CB Toronto
03-20-2014, 11:27 PM
We had a professionally printed railing banner with the SG's logo on it and they threw it out. They can't handle anything even slightly footy pub like. But like I said: proximity, giant beers and awesome patios.

It is a great patio, so they threw the banner out on purpose? If so, what goofs.

Yagbod
03-20-2014, 11:40 PM
It is a great patio, so they threw the banner out on purpose? If so, what goofs.

We left it at closing and it was gone by morning. It was kind of big and hard to miss. They could have kept it for us.

Doesn't matter really. I still go there but not this weekend.

(Back to topic)

Red CB Toronto
03-20-2014, 11:44 PM
We left it at closing and it was gone by morning. It was kind of big and hard to miss. They could have kept it for us.

Doesn't matter really. I still go there but not this weekend.

(Back to topic)

I got ya, sounds good. This weekend will be great, looking forward to the March.

Fort York Redcoat
03-21-2014, 06:59 AM
Brazen Head loves Soccer

Teams that play at Lamport and come by for lots of drinks after a game.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9dGE6qq7bu0/UTbItNQgwqI/AAAAAAAAJsM/nM4A6LO94Sc/s1600/01-00+9gag+~+True+Story+~+Line+Drawing+~+with+Red+Win e.PNG

Parkdale
03-21-2014, 07:38 AM
Yeah, I remember going to Wheat Sheaf a couple of times post-game in Year 1. I think U-Sector had that as their bar for awhile. In any event, I think it was more or less 5 or 6 games into the season, when they more or less decided TFC supporters were not welcome.

it was 1 game. apparently there were some random drunks there who decided to toss pint glasses off the patio, and the hammer came down hard. Really a shame because the sheaf could have been a perfect spot for Usector to call home (cheap beers, surly staff, slightly musty smell.... it would be like the Dufferin Gate - which I miss frequently)

Parkdale
03-21-2014, 07:39 AM
is that a kool-aid reference?

Parkdale
03-21-2014, 07:42 AM
I heard the Foggy Dew, Brazen Head etc all did the same too. In some cases especially with the Brazen Head changed their tune drastically when the beer companies and TFC themselves came calling.

just for historical accuracy - the Foggy Dew took issue with some rowdy supporters in the first year, and made it clear that they only wanted patrons who were sitting at tables ordering food (not just dudes crowding the bar).

and the Brazen Head didn't exist when TFC played their first season (or seasons?). By the time the Brazen Head was up and running, they could see the profits that were to be had.

Oldtimer
03-21-2014, 07:50 AM

Mods don't moderate threads that they are involved in, and he didn't edit any posts. If you have a perceived problem, PM another mod, or Phil. Discussing moderating in a thread is an invitation to be banned.

Wull
03-21-2014, 08:04 AM
I remember going to the brazen head on a saturday night and asking them to put the away game on. Bar was empty but they refused to turn even one over from the Leafs game so we walked out after the first round of drinks and no food. Haven't been back since and don't plan on it either. (That was season 4 I believe)

brad
03-21-2014, 11:27 AM

They might have been welcoming towards people going to TFC games, but they were not welcoming towards groups of supporters that were signing and chanting en mass. Didn't want "that element" from what I recall, thought it would be bad for business and keep their regular clientele out.

Alonso
03-21-2014, 11:35 AM
Super -

True.

Knickers would definitely be knotted.

Edit: This was supposed to be in reply to Super, but mobile phone didn't cooperate.

TO DEVILS
03-21-2014, 12:54 PM

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-vote-for-pedro-1.png

Tony Santiago
03-21-2014, 03:48 PM

That's why.

You just love to argue, don't you?

My point about who cares is for people like you who moan about everything. It's one of the most popular beers on the planet, sorry it isn't a local microbrewery. Maybe if a local brewery stepped up to the plate you'd be drinking it...I drink at Joe's sometimes too. They sell Molson Canadian there and Heineken (which is the biggest beer company on Earth), so it's not like Shoeless Joe's (which is a franchise) is the epicentre for beer culture.....anyway, this is nothing new for any stadium in Toronto or pretty much North America for the last 30 plus years. At what point do you just move on and find something else to whine about?

My original post basically said the exact same as I just said. It was even addressed to someone specific.

Bluenose13
03-21-2014, 03:51 PM
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-vote-for-pedro-1.pngLOL....1 vote from me!

jazzy
03-21-2014, 08:34 PM
Cal I understand the business side of it but I don't see how they can completely shut out local brewries. Almost every other team in the leauge has local brews available to them.

Why are we different?

Sure people like and enjoy them and good for them. But the contract they have with InBev for TFC is no where compared to there deal with Molson in the ACC. If almost argue that the deal they have brings little to no money to the squad anyways.

would love to see locals Mill St in there.............I mean it's made at the distillery...FFS support local business :)

FluSH
03-21-2014, 08:42 PM
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-vote-for-pedro-1.png

Holy shit! Ressurected!

jazzy
03-21-2014, 08:48 PM

^ this ,as a passing note, have 2 go off, esp with those piss ass bars being mentioned (ya you wheat sheaf), Joe is seriously special.......I'm not a huge bar man , too many worked and spent in my youth, but Joe is simply the most generous accommodating owner I've met in this all for $$$ city....his respect for us demands our loyalty........one can compare bars but never the man.......I appreciate that....march on

jazzy
03-21-2014, 08:54 PM

My point about who cares is for people like you who moan about everything. It's one of the most popular beers on the planet, sorry it isn't a local microbrewery. Maybe if a local brewery stepped up to the plate you'd be drinking it...I drink at Joe's sometimes too. They sell Molson Canadian there and Heineken (which is the biggest beer company on Earth), so it's not like Shoeless Joe's (which is a franchise) is the epicentre for beer culture.....anyway, this is nothing new for any stadium in Toronto or pretty much North America for the last 30 plus years. At what point do you just move on and find something else to whine about?

My original post basically said the exact same as I just said. It was even addressed to someone specific.

you know you make some very true points , but I think it's the way your're directing your points , they get lost in your 'style'....btw Joes could sell piss but for the character issues mentioned in my above posts I'll be a buyer . One has to choose ones friends and give back accordingly . It's enriching .

tfcleeds
03-21-2014, 09:36 PM
^ this ,as a passing note, have 2 go off, esp with those piss ass bars being mentioned (ya you wheat sheaf), Joe is seriously special.......I'm not a huge bar man , too many worked and spent in my youth, but Joe is simply the most generous accommodating owner I've met in this all for $$$ city....his respect for us demands our loyalty........one can compare bars but never the man.......I appreciate that....march on

The RPB have been very fortunate to have a place like Joe's to congregate in pre-game, post-game, and for away games since 2007. I know some people were very unimpressed when it was first mentioned as a possible HQ, saying it didn't strike them as being a "proper footy pub" but in my honest opinion, a bar is what you make of it. Who in their right mind would say now that Joe's isn't a TFC haven, with all the memorabilia and whatnot, and most importantly, the raucous atmosphere on gamedays?

Cashcleaner
03-22-2014, 04:33 AM
^ So much this. Look, we had a whole group of us scouting out locations in the area prior to the first season. Unfortunately, the wide majority of bars we visited had no interest in accommodating a supporter group. Joe has really gone above and beyond for us.

Parkdale
03-22-2014, 06:01 AM
^ So much this. Look, we had a whole group of us scouting out locations in the area prior to the first season

yep, and I remember a bunch of people expressing that Joe's wasn't "a proper pub". I remember telling Joe about the "impending soccer team" before our first game, and he thought I mean a team of people playing and stopping by for beer and nachos after the game. Actually... how about hundreds of people :D

we lucked out bigtime (and by luck, I mean strategic thinking with good timing)

Tony Santiago
03-22-2014, 07:49 AM
you know you make some very true points , but I think it's the way your're directing your points , they get lost in your 'style'....btw Joes could sell piss but for the character issues mentioned in my above posts I'll be a buyer . One has to choose ones friends and give back accordingly . It's enriching .

No, I don't have to choose friends at all. I can be everyone's friend because we're all TFC supporters. What is so enriching about drinking at Joe's and hanging out with the RPB? I have done it, and it's fun for sure, but I don't really find it all that different from any other event I've been to, corporate or not. It's just all TFC supporters. I'm over this idea that one group of fans is different than another or more legitimate. It's year 8 now, anyone going down to BMO is a TFC fan, plain and simple.

My 'style' is to be direct and to the point. It's not to offend, but when other posters take a certain tone I have no problem matching that tone. In my posting history I say I have one definite drunken rant about drums and the drummers, which was in a thread I started, but other than that it's fairly tame, in my opinion.

Derko
03-22-2014, 07:58 AM
Actually the Leffe Blond that you can get on tap at the south end is quite palatable, but wouldn't mind a local brew in at BMO, there are plenty owned by InBev already in Canada. And really guys, Beer, Pubs and Bars are such a personal choice anyway,:drinking:

jazzy
03-23-2014, 05:54 AM
No, I don't have to choose friends at all. I can be everyone's friend because we're all TFC supporters. What is so enriching about drinking at Joe's and hanging out with the RPB? I have done it, and it's fun for sure, but I don't really find it all that different from any other event I've been to, corporate or not. It's just all TFC supporters. I'm over this idea that one group of fans is different than another or more legitimate. It's year 8 now, anyone going down to BMO is a TFC fan, plain and simple.

My 'style' is to be direct and to the point. It's not to offend, but when other posters take a certain tone I have no problem matching that tone. In my posting history I say I have one definite drunken rant about drums and the drummers, which was in a thread I started, but other than that it's fairly tame, in my opinion.

all too true but my only point was........just be a little less defensive , it's not about 'choosing' friends ........no one has it in for anyone here............life is too short and everyone values all opinions especially opposite ones of their own ...hence this board. If guess if something really aggravates you bring it on and discuss but don't take it personal . "Tone" is a tricky issue in print . You may be smiling or having BS session with friends but it hard to translate in print . It's hard for everyone to 'read' who theyr'e writing to not being face to face..........you're certainly right we all are TFC fans ...enjoy

Fort York Redcoat
03-23-2014, 08:43 AM
No, I don't have to choose friends at all.

You already are with the tone you take.

Fort York Redcoat
03-23-2014, 08:46 AM

My point about who cares is for people like you who moan about everything.

While you moan about other people? Keep the personal critique out and focus on the topic at hand.

cmonyoureds
03-24-2014, 11:34 AM

In regards to Joe, absolutely spot on. Trying to find another bar that will be as accommodating is a near impossibility.
On game days the place is basically turned over to the footy crowd. Yes it's a trade off for business, but I'd argue it's the supporters that get the most out of that trade.