PDA

View Full Version : New Comer Incoming!

MsAutumnWind
03-19-2014, 09:09 PM
Hello, everyone!

My name is Svea and I am a brand spanking new TFC supporter. I'm essentially new to the soccer culture as a whole aside from playing a lot when I was younger, but when does that ever count for anything? :lol:

I hail from Peterborough, Ontario - I was born & raised here. Both my younger brother and I have quite recently taken an interest to Toronto FC thanks in large part to the 0-60 hype the club has been receiving this year. To be honest, up here in Peterborough we never heard a peep about TFC before a few months ago. Being the crazy sports fan that I am, this is actually the first bandwagon that I am jumping onto myself without having been born into it. I would like you all to know that I intend to delve as deeply into it as possible (I've never been known as a looking-for-an-excuse-to-get-drunk-and-scream-in-public type of girl). While the costs associated with being a sports fan never cease and are a continuing issue, I might not be at every game but I'll damn sure try to make it to any when I can. In the meantime, you can find me ranting & raving over on Twitter under the same handle.

Without even thinking, my brother and I purchased home opener tickets earlier this afternoon & will be clapping up in Section 219. I admit that we are both so excited to see the Red Patch Boys in action & we have heard how passionate you all are through the Internet so far (I can't imagine what it will be like to see in person). Special & many thanks to Doucet3 who referred me to this website being the n00b that I am & answering my (what I thought was) endless list of questions about home opener/match etiquette. I am all ears to any other suggestions you all might have here in this thread & I am thirsty to learn more.

Can't wait for Saturday!

Shakes McQueen
03-19-2014, 09:24 PM
Welcome to Crazytown.

- Scott

Redcoe15
03-19-2014, 09:32 PM
Welcome, MsAutumnWind.

If you want to get to know us personally, you can meet us pre-game at Shoeless Joe's Bar and Grill, located at King and Dufferin, which is not that far away from BMO Field. Just know, we'll all be marching to the stadium from the bar one hour before kickoff (3:30PM). You're more than welcome to join us.

FluSH
03-19-2014, 09:35 PM
Welcome MsAutumm!

I'll say get down early for the big game on Saturday.. especially if you are coming from Peterborough! Shoeless Joe's - 1189 King St West is where we will be! Starting from 11:00am onwards

MsAutumnWind
03-19-2014, 09:35 PM
Welcome, MsAutumnWind.

If you want to get to know us personally, you can meet us pre-game at Shoeless Joe's Bar and Grill, located at King and Dufferin, which is not that far away from BMO Field. Just know, we'll all be marching to the stadium from the bar one hour before kickoff (3:30PM). You're more than welcome to join us.
That's so kind of you to offer! The brother & I will be down there four-ish hours early. Once we feel get a feel for the area (which is one we have never been in or around), we will keep you all in mind. If not, I look forward to hearing you on your way in. :)

FluSH
03-19-2014, 09:36 PM
Welcome, MsAutumnWind.

3:15pm! LoL

Redcoe15
03-19-2014, 09:37 PM
3:15pm! LoL
3:15PM, right!

Fuck me! :o

MsAutumnWind
03-19-2014, 09:38 PM
Welcome MsAutumm!

I'll say get down early for the big game on Saturday.. especially if you are coming from Peterborough! Shoeless Joe's - 1189 King St West is where we will be! Starting from 11:00am onwards
Doucet3 mentioned the gathering before the march to me. We will definitely be in town early, but we have some shopping to do as attending the home opener was a split decision we made today. Embarrassed to say we are gear-less and Peterborough is a hell hole when it comes to sports apparel! Any suggestions on where to look? We are really loving those scarves.

MsAutumnWind
03-19-2014, 09:39 PM
3:15PM, right!

Fuck me! :o
No worries! Doucet drilled 3:15 into my head - I understand it's SHARP. :)

FluSH
03-19-2014, 09:45 PM
Doucet3 mentioned the gathering before the march to me. We will definitely be in town early, but we have some shopping to do as attending the home opener was a split decision we made today. Embarrassed to say we are gear-less and Peterborough is a hell hole when it comes to sports apparel! Any suggestions on where to look? We are really loving those scarves.

Real Sports Apperal by the Air Canada Center... Tell them you are a season ticket holder and that you forgot your card, but you understand that you should be getting a 15% discount. If that doesn't work smile and ask for a 20% discount!

MsAutumnWind
03-19-2014, 09:49 PM
Real Sports Apperal by the Air Canada Center... Tell them you are a season ticket holder and that you forgot your card, but you understand that you should be getting a 15% discount. If that doesn't work smile and ask for a 20% discount!
I love your style already! :lol: Making a note of it as we speak. Worth a shot!

redisthenewblk
03-19-2014, 09:50 PM
Hi MsAutumnWind, I'm a TFC supporter from Peterborough as well, good to see you on here!
Hey Take it easy on our fair little city :)- There is a pretty decent soccer culture here which I could introduce you to if you're interested in playing. If there is enough interest I've even been thinking of getting a group together to watch games at one of the local bars.

I hope you enjoy the season opener! I'll be going as well, sitting in section 113 singing my heart out :)

-Deanna

MsAutumnWind
03-19-2014, 10:01 PM
Hi MsAutumnWind, I'm a TFC supporter from Peterborough as well, good to see you on here!
Hey Take it easy on our fair little city :)- There is a pretty decent soccer culture here which I could introduce you to if you're interested in playing. If there is enough interest I've even been thinking of getting a group together to watch games at one of the local bars.

I hope you enjoy the season opener! I'll be going as well, sitting in section 113 singing my heart out :)

-Deanna
Hi, Deanna - pleasure to meet you! And oh, I never said a thing about Peterborough lacking any soccer culture, just that I rarely hear any buzz about TFC specifically around town. I live behind Eastgate, so I can see the bright lights & hear players calling out into the night sometimes. :D

Don't currently have any interest in playing, but you never know what will happen in the future. I will remember your name!

razor787
03-19-2014, 11:11 PM
That's so kind of you to offer! The brother & I will be down there four-ish hours early. Once we feel get a feel for the area (which is one we have never been in or around), we will keep you all in mind. If not, I look forward to hearing you on your way in. :)

If you can't make it in before the match, feel free to stop by after the match. Full of friendly faces to share a post-game brew with.

MsAutumnWind
03-19-2014, 11:18 PM
If you can't make it in before the match, feel free to stop by after the match. Full of friendly faces to share a post-game brew with.
We would really love to! We'll see how things run post-game as we need to catch the second northbound train out at the latest to get back to Peterborough at a half decent time. Next time we plan to go to another game, I think we'll have to make it an overnighter so we can party!

Joe Kool
03-19-2014, 11:59 PM
This thread should be shut down due to lack of enthusiasm...LOL. Good to see people excited by the team.

Doucet3
03-20-2014, 12:19 AM
Don't mind helping one bit! Haha glad I could bring another enthusiastic fan to our beautifully crazy ass team. Tried to help as much as a I could, thanks for that shout out. I'm currently on the brink of getting opener tickets I'm waiting for a friend to say yes and then I'm coming to the match and most likley joes pre match. Might be with the lads in the north end corner

Brooker
03-20-2014, 01:27 AM
I'll be going as well, sitting in section 113 singing my heart out :)

-Deanna

http://i.imgur.com/HpvWY.gif

Doucet3
03-20-2014, 02:36 AM

lmao thats great, love it.

Fort York Redcoat
03-20-2014, 06:53 AM
:smilielol5:I don't know how you do it, B.

Killing it.

Welcome to the Good Times.

Initial B
03-20-2014, 10:22 AM
Welcome aboard. I'm in Peterborough on occasion to visit my folks, but I'm going to have to wait to see TFC at Saputo since it's closer. :(

Eastend
03-20-2014, 12:39 PM
Etiquette is nOOb buys first round at Joe's.

Welcome.

:)

Dom

p.s. My brother and his g/f are in Peterborough and will be coming in for the game. Drive to Whitby GO then train down.

Ageroo
03-20-2014, 02:51 PM
Etiquette is nOOb buys first round at Joe's.

Welcome.

:)

Dom

p.s. My brother and his g/f are in Peterborough and will be coming in for the game. Drive to Whitby GO then train down.

First rule of this board...never listen to him.... ;)

Welcome and enjoy......:)

prizby
03-20-2014, 02:57 PM
good on ya for traveling down from Peterborough for games!

JayMolly
03-20-2014, 03:49 PM
Welcome MsAutumn, but be prepared for the 'Wind' off of Lake Ontario.
One can plan on many things, but unfortunately not the weather!
Regardless, the Home Opener should be great.
Enjoy the game and your stay in TO.
Molly

Walms
03-20-2014, 04:17 PM
welcome MsAutumnWind, your going to have a great time at your first match.... it will be awesome if you can make it to Joes for the march because that will really add to your TFC day experience!

Mark in Ottawa
03-20-2014, 06:32 PM
Well MsAutumnWind and redisthenewblk as another fan "From Away" welcome to the TFC Family and the RPB.

As mentioned before, dropping by Shoeless Joes pre-game is a great way to start putting faces to names here on the board. It is a great way to talk to members and find out ways that you can get involved even though you may not live in the GTA. Who knows you might discover that you have more like minds in your neck of the woods than you think.

If all else fails you can always join us in the 75 Mile Bastards "chapter" of the RPB.
Hope to meet up with you some day and until then ... enjoy the ride.

O yeah ... if you are looking for RPB swag CoachGT always seems to have some stuff kicking around at decent prices.
Now ... scarfs up!! :scarf:

redisthenewblk
03-20-2014, 10:33 PM

Touche! By sitting I definitely meant jumping up and down :scarf:

tfctillidie
03-20-2014, 11:36 PM
welcome MsAutumnWind...i hope you bring some SummerBreeze this Saturday!

__wowza
03-21-2014, 12:03 AM
my ex girlfriend was from peterborough, she stabbed me with a fork at a bluejays game.
anyways.. WELCOME!

stop by joes pregame and get your drink on! look for the guy in the lucha mask, i'm friendly and i drink a lot.

Waggy
03-21-2014, 05:42 AM
my ex girlfriend was from peterborough, she stabbed me with a fork at a bluejays game.
anyways.. WELCOME!

stop by joes pregame and get your drink on! look for the guy in the lucha mask, i'm friendly and i drink a lot.

Where the hell did she get a fork at a Jays game?!

MsAutumnWind
03-23-2014, 10:26 AM
Wanted to follow up on this thread. It was RIDICULOUSLY cold up in 219 yesterday, but the brother & I as newcomers had a fantastic day at our first match. Ended up buying a TFC blanket & it was the best purchase of the day/I got a lot of compliments on it, haha. The atmosphere was incredible & that is thanks in large part to the Red Patch Boys/how wild that section was. Got a few great videos of the team salute to you lot; you certainly deserved it.

We did stop in to Joe's but ended up B-lining out of there. We showed up far too late & couldn't even get to the bar it was so packed (at that point in the day, we really needed a beer after walking around for HOURS). Next time, now that we are more familiar with the area, we will hit Joe's first thing! I really could not believe the lack of pubs in that area; someone needs to get on that. ;)

Abou Sky
03-23-2014, 10:55 AM
Wanted to follow up on this thread. It was RIDICULOUSLY cold up in 219 yesterday, but the brother & I as newcomers had a fantastic day at our first match. Ended up buying a TFC blanket & it was the best purchase of the day/I got a lot of compliments on it, haha. The atmosphere was incredible & that is thanks in large part to the Red Patch Boys/how wild that section was. Got a few great videos of the team salute to you lot; you certainly deserved it.

We did stop in to Joe's but ended up B-lining out of there. We showed up far too late & couldn't even get to the bar it was so packed (at that point in the day, we really needed a beer after walking around for HOURS). Next time, now that we are more familiar with the area, we will hit Joe's first thing! I really could not believe the lack of pubs in that area; someone needs to get on that. ;)

Just come into 112, they don't check tickets, it is slightly warmer because you are surrounded by a bunch of crazy people jumping up and down.

Fort York Redcoat
03-23-2014, 11:01 AM
Just come into 112, they don't check tickets, it is slightly warmer because you are surrounded by a bunch of crazy people jumping up and down.

They check tickets once the section is full or if you don't look as if you belong there. I suggest anyone that wants to help with banner setup and flag waving are always welcome to the section.

MsAutumnWind
03-23-2014, 11:12 AM
They check tickets once the section is full or if you don't look as if you belong there. I suggest anyone that wants to help with banner setup and flag waving are always welcome to the section.
I would have never had the guts to sit with the big dogs during my first match anyway, haha. Still had just as much fun watching from afar!

Ivy
03-23-2014, 11:30 AM
I noticed a few people had their tickets checked yesterday. Especially girls.

MsAutumnWind
03-23-2014, 12:23 PM
Already making plans to go to a few more games this season, so I look forward to coming back! :)

Defoe
03-23-2014, 09:56 PM
I am looking to go to the april 12th game my self I have only been to one game in 2009, what is the best section?

__wowza
03-23-2014, 10:52 PM
Where the hell did she get a fork at a Jays game?!

hard rock cafe, back when it was the hard rock. i made a comic about her:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/539850_10151501388339665_981604699_n.jpg

Already making plans to go to a few more games this season, so I look forward to coming back! :)

awesome to hear, glad you had a good time!

Waggy
03-23-2014, 10:56 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/539850_10151501388339665_981604699_n.jpg

Bahahahahahahaha

Ivy
03-23-2014, 11:04 PM

Sounds like my kind of party.

__wowza
03-23-2014, 11:08 PM
yeah, i make comics about my previous relationships called "i'm bad at girls".

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/198_24024109664_3065_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/260_37144959664_2445_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/534942_10151511114769665_1554341442_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/531997_10151509247889665_1329545423_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/t1.0-9/543503_10151505462269665_247285094_n.jpg

i made this one for my (now) ex girlfriend last year for valentines and posted it on facebook. she'd heard about my crazy exes.
it was a comic version of the first picture we ever took together (she doesn't like being picked up, hence the terrified expression):

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/t1.0-9/538110_10151514881254665_549688147_n.jpg