PDA

View Full Version : Home Opener March

Ivy
03-12-2014, 06:47 PM
http://s14.postimg.org/ouqb3py9d/Home_Opener_March.jpg

Call your friends, call your family, call your neighbors and their friends. Its game day, and EVERYBODY'S INVITED
Don't be late please, the march will departing at 3:15 SHARP and will wait for nobody. This time has been strategically decided for us to intersect with the GO train, and prompt arrival at your seats.

BuSaPunk is the organizer, so direct any questions to him.

If you have flags, bring them.

Also, post this on your facebook, twitter, linkdin, myspace, msn messenger, AOL, and minecraft avatar. The more the better.

lanarkist
03-12-2014, 06:49 PM
Will be there, flags in hand! So pumped!!!

BuSaPuNk
03-12-2014, 06:54 PM
Thanks for putting it up Ivy was just about too!

This is going to be a group effort with Sec114 joining us as well. And Kings Of The North are talking about meeting us at the Go Station or planning meeting at another area.

Like Ivy said call all your friends. Everyone who is going to the game is more then welcome!

Pint
03-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Looks like we will be meeting at the GO station... we should be able to confirm after Saturday. I know at least 1 of our redone drums has a marching harness as well so assuming we march we should have it with us.

BuSaPuNk
03-12-2014, 08:16 PM
Alright keep us updated. The more the merrier! Hope you guys can make you way over.

Gilberto9
03-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Unfortunately I don't have tickets to the game. Please take lots of pictures and videos of the march and pregame chanting at Joes! :drum:

james
03-12-2014, 10:10 PM
I would like to see many flags at the game. More the better!

FluSH
03-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Instead of "March to Victory" it should say "Let's get F#%^ Mental! nana na na nana na na" lol:party:

Fort York Redcoat
03-13-2014, 07:11 AM
I would like to see many flags at the game. More the better!

You should make sure to be waving one! We'll bring as many out as we've got!

BuSaPuNk
03-13-2014, 08:43 PM
Instead of "March to Victory" it should say "Let's get F#%^ Mental! nana na na nana na na" lol:party:

Well that's quite obvious there Flush lol

Joe Kool
03-13-2014, 10:04 PM
We used to bring flags often to our seats in the south end but part way through the year last year security told us we are no longer allowed to have flags in the top accessible row. Does anyone know if that still applies this year? I was about to get a bigger one at the time but I shelved that idea when I found out I wasn't going to be allowed to have it at my seat. We are in the south end but have no flag rights...boooo!

james
03-13-2014, 10:37 PM
We used to bring flags often to our seats in the south end but part way through the year last year security told us we are no longer allowed to have flags in the top accessible row. Does anyone know if that still applies this year? I was about to get a bigger one at the time but I shelved that idea when I found out I wasn't going to be allowed to have it at my seat. We are in the south end but have no flag rights...boooo!

That makes no sense. The last row, what is the problem? no one is even behind you. But being someone who has brought a flag since 2007 I am not surprised. We have had stupid rules come up over the years. First we could bring them no problem. Then we could only bring them in on TFC season games (werent aloud in Canadian National Games or friendly games) Then on TFC game days we could only bring them in through a certain gate. Then we had to bring them in 60 minutes before kick off. Then it got lowered to 45 mins and finally 30 mins. What the rules are this year? who knows what bull shit they might make up.

What are they even trying to do? ruin the atmosphere? make fans not want to bring flags anymore? what trouble seriously have flags caused in the south end? has it really been that big of a problem that they had to make up all these random rules that don't really seem to make any logic sense? They like to show pictures and advertise us with flags, but then give us a hard time about it.

james
03-13-2014, 10:41 PM
You should make sure to be waving one! We'll bring as many out as we've got!

of course, my flag is starting to get dirty and ripped tho. Its been many years now, i might need to get a new one some time in the near future. :scarf:

Ivy
03-13-2014, 11:38 PM
I've never has trouble bringing flags in through any gate, as long as the ticket is in supporters. And I've brought in some pretty big f-ing flags.

james
03-14-2014, 12:59 AM
I've never has trouble bringing flags in through any gate, as long as the ticket is in supporters. And I've brought in some pretty big f-ing flags.

You sure because for quite a few years (not to sure about last year, i missed most games) they would only let you bring flags through one gate, the one that would be the middle entrance area of the south end, I cant remember the number. But the gate 3 closest to the 112 111 section they haven't/weren't letting flags in for some years.

Ivy
03-14-2014, 06:36 AM
You sure because for quite a few years (not to sure about last year, i missed most games) they would only let you bring flags through one gate, the one that would be the middle entrance area of the south end, I cant remember the number. But the gate 3 closest to the 112 111 section they haven't/weren't letting flags in for some years.
Well to be honest, gate 3 and the one you're talking about are the only ones I ever go through..

Fort York Redcoat
03-14-2014, 07:48 AM

You can wave a flag anywhere in the South unless you are blocking a camera.

BuSaPuNk
03-14-2014, 09:36 AM

Or 111, 127 ect any posted supporters section allows consistant flag waving.

Walms
03-14-2014, 09:43 AM
Looks like my flag is coming off the wall for this one!!!

Joe Kool
03-14-2014, 10:27 AM

I wish. Not according to security last year. We are blocking nobody in the accessible row at the top. They told us special rule for our row and we need to go one row at least into section to wave it. We decided just to bring smaller RPB flags that we got with membership one year and they said we can't even wave those. I will try to take it up with them again this year but I don't think they really care about my say,

Yagbod
03-14-2014, 12:27 PM
I wish. Not according to security last year. We are blocking nobody in the accessible row at the top. They told us special rule for our row and we need to go one row at least into section to wave it. We decided just to bring smaller RPB flags that we got with membership one year and they said we can't even wave those. I will try to take it up with them again this year but I don't think they really care about my say,

You can always ask for a supervisor. We did that several times last year. They will straighten it out.

james
03-14-2014, 01:46 PM

that's bull shit. But again not surprised seen these things happen over the years. You could just move one row up tho, moving sections in the south end even if its not your exact seat number has never seemed to be a big issue, well for me anyways. But if that is the case, you move one row forward all of a sudden you can wave a flag makes no sense what so ever.

james
03-14-2014, 01:50 PM
Well to be honest, gate 3 and the one you're talking about are the only ones I ever go through..

well ya i only tried to get through those gates to, I remember though there being posts on here about rule changes and flags needed to bring in through X number gate sort of thing. And I remember times trying to walk through gate 3 and ticket inspectors telling me I have to go around to the middle gate of the south end, being told I can not bring my flag in because its 25 mins before kick off and I need to be in 30 mins before kick off, man ive been through all the bull shit.

Alonso
03-15-2014, 10:34 AM
That makes no sense. The last row, what is the problem? no one is even behind you. But being someone who has brought a flag since 2007 I am not surprised. We have had stupid rules come up over the years. First we could bring them no problem. Then we could only bring them in on TFC season games (werent aloud in Canadian National Games or friendly games) Then on TFC game days we could only bring them in through a certain gate. Then we had to bring them in 60 minutes before kick off. Then it got lowered to 45 mins and finally 30 mins. What the rules are this year? who knows what bull shit they might make up.

What are they even trying to do? ruin the atmosphere? make fans not want to bring flags anymore? what trouble seriously have flags caused in the south end? has it really been that big of a problem that they had to make up all these random rules that don't really seem to make any logic sense? They like to show pictures and advertise us with flags, but then give us a hard time about it.

The employees at the stadium don't know the rules either.

You have to tell them the rules and stand firm.

I had security ask for my ticket which is now in 119, and told me he had to confiscate my flag because it wasn't allowed as 119 wasn't a supporters section according to him.

I told him he was mistaken, refused to give it to him and told him to check with his boss.

Sure enough he came back to the patio where I was hanging out and conceded that I was right.

SuperTCP
03-15-2014, 11:48 AM
The FO should just allow anyone with supporters seats to bring in flags, banners, and noise makers. Also for the home opener The FO should give everyone in the stadium flags. Small ones - red and white striped. Did anyone happen to catch the start of Europa Match Juve vs. Fiorentina? The whole stadium was black and white with everyone waving black and white striped flags. Very well done.

Sopo
03-15-2014, 12:24 PM
I'll be there with 10 others from up north, and I believe atleast 8 of them, it's going to be thier first match.

TFC07
03-15-2014, 12:26 PM
The FO should just allow anyone with supporters seats to bring in flags, banners, and noise makers. Also for the home opener The FO should give everyone in the stadium flags. Small ones - red and white striped. Did anyone happen to catch the start of Europa Match Juve vs. Fiorentina? The whole stadium was black and white with everyone waving black and white striped flags. Very well done.

I think we should save flag thing for playoffs.

Ivy
03-15-2014, 12:29 PM
I'll be there with 10 others from up north, and I believe atleast 8 of them, it's going to be thier first match.
Awesome! I'm sure they'll enjoy an opening day march :)

Ivy
03-17-2014, 05:36 PM
Bump this up.

Do your part members, spam and advertise this everywhere and anywhere you can.

Wolves_On_Tour
03-17-2014, 05:41 PM
A bus load from KW Company will be there! It's a bloody big deal!

khso11
03-17-2014, 07:10 PM
Just made a mini ad on youtube, hope it'll help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoEc-eVzsuE

BuSaPuNk
03-17-2014, 07:22 PM
Just made a mini ad on youtube, hope it'll help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoEc-eVzsuE

Great thanks!!!

Again if you see the ad on twitter or Facebook or anywhere retweet it share it tell your friends, family, coworkers, ect

If you ever wanted to join in and get involved with it and your not a member or interested please feel free to come and join, come to Joes pregame meet some fellow fans and supporters!

Walms
03-17-2014, 07:24 PM
facebooked!

mook-life
03-17-2014, 10:05 PM
Please tell me that we are gonna try a call to arms during the March I know it's new but I really like it

lips
03-18-2014, 06:04 AM

The top is a fire route. That's what security said why we can't have our flags up there my kid are still mad

Joe Kool
03-18-2014, 10:08 AM
The top is a fire route. That's what security said why we can't have our flags up there my kid are still mad

Yeah I couldn't recall the reasoning they gave us but I am sure you are right. Still not sure how we are blocking a fire route with your big flag or my smaller ones. If there is a fire me and my flags won't be there very long :)

lips
03-18-2014, 04:57 PM
Yeah I couldn't recall the reasoning they gave us but I am sure you are right. Still not sure how we are blocking a fire route with your big flag or my smaller ones. If there is a fire me and my flags won't be there very long :)

Yes I think we would put them down if there was a fire. Let's see what they say this year. Now I have seats in 112 my plan is to leave our wife's and kids up top and we head down with the boys.

Joe Kool
03-18-2014, 05:18 PM
Yes I think we would put them down if there was a fire. Let's see what they say this year. Now I have seats in 112 my plan is to leave our wife's and kids up top and we head down with the boys.

Seems reasonable...LOL

CBTFC
03-18-2014, 09:21 PM
Larson mentioned the planned march in his latest article:

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/18/defoe-nelsen-know-that-tfc-needs-to-stay-humble-after-big-win

BuSaPuNk
03-18-2014, 10:02 PM
Amazing act by Kurt. Been getting a lot of traction online and now in print.

Thanks to everyone keep the campaign going!!!

nascarguy
03-18-2014, 10:46 PM
so does joe still have the tall can deal that he had before

Red CB Toronto
03-18-2014, 11:58 PM
so does joe still have the tall can deal that he had before

Yes it does

Hustle
03-19-2014, 05:24 AM
I was watching Rachel bonneta and she said tfc is organizing a March from the brazen head to bmo at 2:15...wtf? why wouldn't they do it at the same time as ours?

Red CB Toronto
03-19-2014, 05:30 AM
I was watching Rachel bonneta and she said tfc is organizing a March from the brazen head to bmo at 2:15...wtf? why wouldn't they do it at the same time as ours?

It is going to be on of those contrived things with a Marching band and all, not our thing in any way. I believe they are going at that time to get everyone down to BMO for its opening of the Bud Patio, guess what they want to sell you beer.

Hustle
03-19-2014, 07:49 AM
That's too bad. It would be good to see as many people in one march as possible.

BuSaPuNk
03-19-2014, 09:47 AM
That's too bad. It would be good to see as many people in one march as possible.

That's why we timed it to arrange meeting the GO train arrival at the Ex.

We didn't want to get pulled into the FOs march. We want our own march done the way we do it.

That said we've probably got more pull and promotion of our march then the FO has at all. Multiple views on this board, RTs by Caldwell, Richter, Bendik, Weidman, ect. Even in the Toronto Sun article that Kurt put out.

I say ours will overshadow there's which is great. Hence why we have been promoting it for the last two weeks or so.

cmonyoureds
03-19-2014, 10:29 AM
It is going to be on of those contrived things with a Marching band and all, not our thing in any way. I believe they are going at that time to get everyone down to BMO for its opening of the Bud Patio, guess what they want to sell you beer.

Weather at 0, chance of rain/snow. Not a chance of a patio beer. Shoeless for me.

Pint
03-19-2014, 10:43 AM
The people who want to go on the march with the FO are not really the people who would be into the type of march that we are putting on.

The FO march also coincides with the end of some event in the Brazen head parking lot for SSH i believe.

ExiledRed
03-19-2014, 12:22 PM
See you in 112, lads.
Ive been a little unwell for the last 18 months, but Im on the mend now. Might not be able to bring my old megaphone voice with me though, but we'll see.

Hope you've all been keeping well, (well most of you that is hahaha)

see you on Saturday

prizby
03-19-2014, 02:45 PM

cuz budweiser has sponsored this thing and they want ppl drinking $15 buds on the tfc patio 90 minutes before kickoff

Gilberto9
03-19-2014, 02:48 PM
Buzzing, just got my tickets in 104. I'll be at the march singing loud and proud, and I'm going to try to get into the south end as well. Can't wait.

Hustle
03-19-2014, 03:16 PM
Sounds great that so we will be hitting the Go train station at the right time...obviously you guys are all over this. I didn't mean that our March was misplanned....I just thought FO would want to slide in behind/among us. Now knowing that their March was going to be something contrived with a band and such I totally agree its best they do their own thing...its just too bad some of the casuals at the Brazen head will get pulled into the FO march instead of being part of the real March because they want to sell more beer at BMO. My point is I am dissapointed/confused why the FO wouldnt just promote ours alongside us and keep the promotional schtick totally out of it.

Mr_gamble
03-19-2014, 06:30 PM
Sounds great that so we will be hitting the Go train station at the right time...obviously you guys are all over this. I didn't mean that our March was misplanned....I just thought FO would want to slide in behind/among us. Now knowing that their March was going to be something contrived with a band and such I totally agree its best they do their own thing...its just too bad some of the casuals at the Brazen head will get pulled into the FO march instead of being part of the real March because they want to sell more beer at BMO. My point is I am dissapointed/confused why the FO wouldnt just promote ours alongside us and keep the promotional schtick totally out of it.

Cuz money.

Every company is like it unfortunatly. But, we will have fun anyway. I think the majority will be marching from Shoeless!

BuSaPuNk
03-19-2014, 07:56 PM
Cuz money.

Every company is like it unfortunatly. But, we will have fun anyway. I think the majority will be marching from Shoeless!

The majority?

Fuck at this point were probably looking to be two to three times bigger!!!!

Mr_gamble
03-19-2014, 08:20 PM
The majority?

Fuck at this point were probably looking to be two to three times bigger!!!!

Exactly ;). Looking forward to it :D

FluSH
03-19-2014, 08:23 PM
Please tell me that we are gonna try a call to arms during the March I know it's new but I really like it

Needed your help last Saturday... I tried. We will give it a go... Need more ppl to learn it!

FluSH
03-19-2014, 08:25 PM
See you in 112, lads.
Ive been a little unwell for the last 18 months, but Im on the mend now. Might not be able to bring my old megaphone voice with me though, but we'll see.

Hope you've all been keeping well, (well most of you that is hahaha)

see you on Saturday

Good to hear from you Exile! See you in 112!

FluSH
03-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Folks need to know that we are heading to Joe's from 11:00am onwards... If you show up on time at 3:15pm you are already late

Mr_gamble
03-19-2014, 09:31 PM
From 11am? Man, I was going to come down at 1:30-2ish. Consider that changed to 12 now.

FluSH
03-19-2014, 09:38 PM
From 11am? Man, I was going to come down at 1:30-2ish. Consider that changed to 12 now.

LoL

Yeah a crew of us will be helping with flags and banners to Joe's from 10:00am -11:00am - getting there for 12 is probably best!

Captain
03-20-2014, 07:16 AM
What is the exact route you will take from Joe's?

Belfast_Boy
03-20-2014, 02:38 PM
Awesome stuff Thomas.
We will meet you at Joes as planned. Going early to BMO for set up then will come back for the rest of the Liverpool game.

Walms
03-20-2014, 02:41 PM
LoL

Yeah a crew of us will be helping with flags and banners to Joe's from 10:00am -11:00am - getting there for 12 is probably best!

see you at BMO for 9 Flush

BuSaPuNk
03-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Awesome stuff Thomas.
We will meet you at Joes as planned. Going early to BMO for set up then will come back for the rest of the Liverpool game.

Sounds good! Well besides the Liverpool game lol guess I'm a Cardiff fan for the day! Lol

FluSH
03-20-2014, 08:07 PM
A bus load from KW Company will be there! It's a bloody big deal!

Now that's what I'm talking about!!

BuSaPuNk
03-20-2014, 08:18 PM
Almost 24 hours to go until beers at Joes!!!!

We also should arrange a session outside Gate 3b like usual after the game no matter what the result.

Mr_gamble
03-20-2014, 10:02 PM

We also should arrange a session outside Gate 3b like usual after the game no matter what the result.

I'll be there!

Fort York Redcoat
03-21-2014, 07:12 AM

Gate 3 is the usual. Do we want to change that?

BuSaPuNk
03-21-2014, 08:33 AM
Gate 3 is the usual. Do we want to change that?

No no gate 3 my autocorrect keeps changing it.

BuSaPuNk
03-21-2014, 06:34 PM
BUMP!!!!

Less then 24 hours to go!!!!

FluSH
03-21-2014, 08:44 PM
We are still on for the Drumming session underneath the GO Train? If we leave at 3:15pm we should be there by 3:30pm?

BuSaPuNk
03-21-2014, 09:00 PM
We are still on for the Drumming session underneath the GO Train? If we leave at 3:15pm we should be there by 3:30pm?

That's the thought yes. Or even 3:45ish if we have some stragglers.

FluSH
03-22-2014, 07:00 AM
Getting ready now... Should be there for 11am

Red CB Toronto
03-22-2014, 07:11 AM
I am getting ready, what a day it is going to be. The March is going to be amazing. I am already for it, will be down at BMO in just over two hours to start the day off setting up banners, see you all. RPB Family

Mr_gamble
03-22-2014, 08:36 AM
Woke up earlier than expected. I have no chores or anything to do. Think I'll head to Joes for 11ish. Wayyyy to excited for today! I thought I was excited travelling to Seattle for last weeks game. Nope. More excitement for this. Come on you Reds!

Wolves_On_Tour
03-22-2014, 10:04 PM
Now that's what I'm talking about!!

What a day! Last week and today were the best days of my day 1 love of this club. Through the highs and the everlasting lows, we have supported this club. The last two weeks have given a glimpse at the light that is success.

Was so great to everyone with smiles and enjoying supporting our club once again. No tactical talk, no drama, just support.

I missed this. I missed this feeling.
Cheers, all for one.

Cashcleaner
03-22-2014, 11:45 PM
How did the march all work out? Did everyone end up merging with the crowd from Brazen Head? I'll tell you what, the GO train was just packed wall-to-wall with fans and it would have been even cooler if we could have timed it for their arrival as well.

prizby
03-23-2014, 02:47 PM
How did the march all work out? Did everyone end up merging with the crowd from Brazen Head? I'll tell you what, the GO train was just packed wall-to-wall with fans and it would have been even cooler if we could have timed it for their arrival as well.

Go Train pulled in right when we got there

Belfast_Boy
03-23-2014, 04:27 PM
Great job! Any pics?

Cashcleaner
03-23-2014, 11:07 PM
Go Train pulled in right when we got there

Really? Must have been the train before mine then. I got off at Exhibition at ten to four. There was a crowd, but I don't think it was the march.

prizby
03-23-2014, 11:18 PM
Really? Must have been the train before mine then. I got off at Exhibition at ten to four. There was a crowd, but I don't think it was the march.

march actually started early, so must have been the one before; we were at the stadium at 3:30

Joe Kool
03-24-2014, 07:15 AM
There were lots of phones and cameras taking photos/video of us but haven't seen any yet. Would like to though if anyone has.