PDA

View Full Version : TFC 2014 In-Season player moves/speculation/rumours/etc. thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

nick.mastro
04-10-2014, 12:03 AM
http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014/04/parma-striker-to-mls-in-the-future/

TFC linked to Amauri. one Italian media says TFC and NYRB already made offers

If Amauri would come and not be a dp I'll take him , but how the hell does this rumor even exist if we didn't even have enough room to keep Laba :S

notthesun
04-10-2014, 02:42 AM
If Amauri would come and not be a dp I'll take him , but how the hell does this rumor even exist if we didn't even have enough room to keep Laba :S

You said it yourself, he would have to not be a DP. That's the only reason we couldn't keep Laba: because he was a DP. We had the salary cap room.

Detroit_TFC
04-10-2014, 08:53 AM
And another bit of TFC lexicon is forged.

I'd rather get Forlan'ed than Mellberg'ed.

Areathrasher
04-10-2014, 08:55 AM
David Rowaan ‏@soccercanada58 mins (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/soccercanada/status/454240303940005889)So that Brek Shea thing. It might actually have legs...

Hmm. Another angle which I don't think has been disscused is that Mark Hughes is Sheas boss at Stoke. The same Mark Hughes that managed Nelsen at Blackburn and signed him for QPR. Smells like a favour!

ManUtd4ever
04-10-2014, 08:57 AM
Nelsen's connections could be looming large for us yet again.

Villa TFC
04-10-2014, 09:15 AM
I think the Italian media have just discovered MLS and in particular TFC since we started sniffing around Gilardino and signed Michael Bradley - much in the same way that the English press have done earlier. None of them make the effort to understand the DP rules or realise that before TFC can sign another big name player, we'd have to get rid of one of the three big name players we have only just signed. Whereas before the only two teams that ever featured in big rumours out of Europe were LA and NY, now they throw in Toronto. It doesn't mean there's a single ounce of truth in it and it could very well be that it's agents playing games.

brad
04-10-2014, 09:21 AM
I cant see this happening, no way Amauri would come here for 300k which is prob what we'd be able to offer (or somewhere around there without making him a dp)

Prior to Cesar coming, I would have agreed. Now, nothing would surprise me.

MartinUtd
04-10-2014, 09:39 AM
I think the Italian media have just discovered MLS and in particular TFC since we started sniffing around Gilardino and signed Michael Bradley - much in the same way that the English press have done earlier. None of them make the effort to understand the DP rules or realise that before TFC can sign another big name player, we'd have to get rid of one of the three big name players we have only just signed. Whereas before the only two teams that ever featured in big rumours out of Europe were LA and NY, now they throw in Toronto. It doesn't mean there's a single ounce of truth in it and it could very well be that it's agents playing games.

I think Montreal has had more of an impact on the Italian press.

molenshtain
04-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Looking at Shea's twitter because that's the only thing to do at 3:07 on a thursday, and I find that he and Morrow seem to be friends and enjoy perri-perri chicken.

read into that what you will.

Abou Sky
04-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Looking at Shea's twitter because that's the only thing to do at 3:07 on a thursday, and I find that he and Morrow seem to be friends and enjoy perri-perri chicken.

read into that what you will.

Hmmm... Peri Peri chicken eh?

Well, I think that may end up with acid reflux as a result of all the hot food. Yogurt is a great way to nullify the spice and upset stomach caused by spicy food.

Who is famous for Yogurt? The GREEKS!

Remember, we were loosely linked to Samaras before? THAT is what is really happening!

Plans within plans...

Areathrasher
04-10-2014, 07:07 PM
Hmmm... Peri Peri chicken eh?

Well, I think that may end up with acid reflux as a result of all the hot food. Yogurt is a great way to nullify the spice and upset stomach caused by spicy food.

Who is famous for Yogurt? The GREEKS!

Remember, we were loosely linked to Samaras before? THAT is what is really happening!

Plans within plans...
Didnt that Kelly piece after Bradley and Defoe signed confirm that they had talks with him?

jazzy
04-10-2014, 07:18 PM
As far as goals at BMO ... Aguero's two goals vs Poland were pretty sweet ..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzS8HO6KnwU#t=135

neat can't believe I was there and forgot .

mcolvy
04-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Shea to Toronto makes sense,,,

All these guys that are moving primary for playing time I guess managers want them to go to distinguished clubs and play at a high level and with Defoe, Bradley, Cesar all putting TFC high on the world map, coaches see Toronto as more then a downgrade within MLS, but a chance to still play with good players that the team has. Another newly ambitious club like PSG and Monaco, right? (a little lesser perhaps).
This stuff is only becoming available to us because of the splashes we made.

I say we move Jackson to DM to play with Bradley and really let him move up the field at will. Osorio is good, but Bradley needs to be the one playing higher up the pitch.

ag futbol
04-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Shea to Toronto makes sense,,,

All these guys that are moving primary for playing time I guess managers want them to go to distinguished clubs and play at a high level and with Defoe, Bradley, Cesar all putting TFC high on the world map, coaches see Toronto as more then a downgrade within MLS, but a chance to still play with good players that the team has. Another newly ambitious club like PSG and Monaco, right? (a little lesser perhaps).
This stuff is only becoming available to us because of the splashes we made.

I say we move Jackson to DM to play with Bradley and really let him move up the field at will. Osorio is good, but Bradley needs to be the one playing higher up the pitch.
I agree. He actually slots in quite well for TFC... If he can keep his attitude in check.

Ivy
04-11-2014, 04:25 PM
Food for thought: I just drove by BMO field, and there's a new Portuguese flag hanging over the south end; where they have all the player nationality flags.

flamehawk
04-11-2014, 04:55 PM
Food for thought: I just drove by BMO field, and there's a new Portuguese flag hanging over the south end; where they have all the player nationality flags.

Hmm.. I wonder whose Portuguese and available? Especially interesting as I don't think they have flags up for some of our newer players.

molenshtain
04-11-2014, 05:04 PM

the flags above the south stand and the nationalities of the players on the team haven't really correlated since at least season 4. I wouldn't read into it too much.

Ivy
04-11-2014, 06:32 PM
the flags above the south stand and the nationalities of the players on the team haven't really correlated since at least season 4. I wouldn't read into it too much.
Hm.. You have any examples? I haven't noticed any.

A.J
04-11-2014, 07:09 PM
food for thought: I just drove by bmo field, and there's a new portuguese flag hanging over the south end; where they have all the player nationality flags.

omg we're signing ronaldo!

Doucet3
04-11-2014, 07:12 PM
I don't recall ever reading anything that said he had a shit attitude. I know he was feisty on the field and a pain in the ass to play against. Sounds kind of like Jackson in that way.

So, I think with the number of stars/leaders we have on this team (Bradley, Defoe, Caldwell, Dero, etc) his ego would be kept in check.

Could be true about those guys keeping him I'm chec could be the case but would you wanna risk it?, and I heard he's got shit attitude from a couple things but the whole flipping off away fans is pretty bad attitude... Stressed? Be professional. Your a pro athlete, maybe it's a ego thing but that's sounds like a pretty bad attitude to me

molenshtain
04-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Hm.. You have any examples? I haven't noticed any.

IIRC there was a togolese flag and an argentine flag at the D.C. game.

RealG-TFC
04-11-2014, 07:59 PM

Togo would be for Agboss. Argentina...Aparicio?

flamehawk
04-11-2014, 08:02 PM

I figured it was the one for Laba, and they never bothered removing it.

molenshtain
04-11-2014, 08:04 PM

Does Agboss really consider himself Togolese? whatever, I'm sure I'm not imagining this. you'll all see tommorow.

Ivy
04-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Argentinian one isn't there anymore.

gdg_9
04-14-2014, 01:09 PM
Does anyone know if Tim Payne is still on trial?

Ultra & Proud
04-15-2014, 08:48 AM
Does anyone know if Tim Payne is still on trial?
He still was as of late last week.

C.Ronaldo
04-15-2014, 09:02 AM

wasnt there a portuguese flag against colorado

we dont have a portuguese player from my knowledge.

do those flags still mean something?

gdg_9
04-15-2014, 09:58 AM
wasnt there a portuguese flag against colorado

we dont have a portuguese player from my knowledge.

do those flags still mean something?

Doesn't seem like it... I believe there was also an Irish and an Italian flag as well.

Areathrasher
04-15-2014, 10:36 AM
Irish flag is for Fran O'Leary, I presume, given there is also a Kiwi flag flying.

billyfly
04-15-2014, 10:50 AM
Its pirri pirri chicken really.

gdg_9
04-15-2014, 10:52 AM
Irish flag is for Fran O'Leary, I presume, given there is also a Kiwi flag flying.

Makes sense.

But the Portuguese and Italian?... I guess just because of the large populations of each in this city?

Ossington Mental Youth
04-15-2014, 11:28 AM
Also wonderign what happened to O'Rourke, woulda been nice to have instead of Hall, provided hes still up to it

Jpexxx
04-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Makes sense.

But the Portuguese and Italian?... I guess just because of the large populations of each in this city?

I noticed those at the game too.

I just assumed they were up early for the AC Milan vs Benfica friendly...

Red I
04-15-2014, 01:24 PM
He still was as of late last week.

According to his twitter feed location, still in the T-Dot...

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/442410884275904512/dzLK9Res_bigger.jpeg Tim Payne ‏@Tim_Payne7 (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/Tim_Payne7)21h (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/Tim_Payne7/status/455824325182894081)
@KevinHart4real (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/KevinHart4real) this guy is too funny https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v1/72x72/1f602.pnghttps://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v1/72x72/1f602.png
from Toronto, Ontario (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=43.64461613%2C-79.38973753&z=15)

notthesun
04-17-2014, 10:30 AM
Tim Payne still on trial.

Still Kicking
04-21-2014, 07:44 AM
This discussion has grown cold.
Does this mean -
TFC has become much better at keeping things quiet.
Bright Dike is recovering on a pleasing schedule and therefore less pressure on looking for a striker.
Many MLS teams face the same obstacles, salary cap in a World Cup year means that you hold off on moves until after the World Cup - depth players at premium.
So many injuries means that trade within MLS impossible
Summer transfer window yet to open
Won't be any moves until close to the July 1 contract lock in?

But doesn't TFC owe Wilmington at least one more player? Gale Agbossomounde? Ashtone Morgan? Jordan Hamilton?

BuSaPuNk
04-21-2014, 08:51 AM
Does this mean -
TFC has become much better at keeping things quiet.
Bright Dike is recovering on a pleasing schedule and therefore less pressure on looking for a striker.
Many MLS teams face the same obstacles, salary cap in a World Cup year means that you hold off on moves until after the World Cup - depth players at premium.
So many injuries means that trade within MLS impossible
Summer transfer window yet to open
Won't be any moves until close to the July 1 contract lock in?

But doesn't TFC owe Wilmington at least one more player? Gale Agbossomounde? Ashtone Morgan? Jordan Hamilton?

Id like to see Hamilton go down after a brief stint on the bench. See the pros learn from Bradley, Defoe, ect in training not just how to play but how to be a pro.

Then if he doesn't shine and needs some work in a few months as long as injuries are not an issue send him to Wilmington. He would do well getting consistent minutes.

ensco
04-21-2014, 09:59 AM

TFC is waiting for the transfer window, and trying to max the value of that allocation slot. That's the good news. I think that's smart.

The not-so-good news: I think it's pretty certain that under this regime there is a focus on "name" signings and the fall SSH campaign, so they want to use whatever assets they have to make a summer splash. Which is not at all the same thing as maximizing the long term return on these assets.

mcolvy
04-26-2014, 08:54 PM
Off topic and I might get some s^%$ for it, but watching the NE SKC game, Paul Mariner, as much as a bafoon he was for us, he is actually quite a good colour commentator. Keeps it very simple and its really the type of stuff MLS needs. I think the broadcast booth is a good spot for him, and trust me I think very lowly of him after what he did around these parts..

gate7
04-26-2014, 10:21 PM
^

F#@K HIM!

Hes a coward and a backstabber.........oh yea and a circus clown to-boot ..

Abou Sky
04-27-2014, 06:33 PM
^^^

That Manchester accent drives me nuts, reminds me of the vultures from Jungle Book

OgtheDim
04-27-2014, 09:56 PM
^^^

That Manchester accent drives me nuts, reminds me of the vultures from Jungle Book

Not a Gary Neville fan then? :)

My parents are Lanky so for me, the Mancunian just kinda bounces slightly different.

I compare him to most of what I see on MLS Live and he comes out rather well, if a tad newbie.

He's not as homerish as most commentators. An improvement on who NESN had last season. He has an opinion about how people should do things, and judges everything against that - much like Devos and Forrest did when they first started. He is, like it or not, more knowledgeable about how the game can be played from a tactical point of view then most ex-players.

He might just have found his place, as he's a lousy studio pundit. Give him a few years and he might get to be in the top group of decent commentators in the league.

I wonder if hes he going to be up here next Saturday, or if NESN still do away commentary from a home studio?

Would I hire him for anything or want him commentating for TFC? No. But, watching the Revs with him talking is not the worst experience I have with MLS Live. (Dallas & Seattle & Philly....ugh)

This is OT.

jloome
04-28-2014, 11:32 AM
^

F#@K HIM!

Hes a coward and a backstabber.........oh yea and a circus clown to-boot ..

And a crook. Freddy Hall? Please.

Ron Manager
04-28-2014, 12:05 PM
And a crook. Freddy Hall? Please.

To me this remains the biggest indicator of how far we've come. A few short years ago we had Freddy, now we have Julio Cesar. Blows my mind every time.

OgtheDim
04-28-2014, 12:46 PM
http://www.mediamax.am/datas/day_photos/1346245687_9010677.jpg

We need another striker, so how about we sign that cat?

Looks really mean bearing down on goal....

(Just trying to get this back onto topic)

ANTZ
04-28-2014, 08:10 PM
Alex Del Piero is available as of today. Please Sign him up ! :scarf:

BuSaPuNk
04-28-2014, 08:19 PM

No thanks. I don't think our current management is that stupid.

Were having injury problems with guys in there mid 30s imagine a over the hill guy like Del Piero. No thanks.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-28-2014, 09:46 PM
curious to see what we do in the next transfer window. Can we sign anyone at this point or is it closed?

jloome
04-28-2014, 09:50 PM

He was struggling with back problems and only getting 45 minutes per game. If we hadn't already signed DeRo and could get him for the same money I wouldn't argue against the experience, but you have to admit that signing guys turning 40 doesn't exactly advance the idea that MLS isn't a retirement league.

jloome
04-28-2014, 09:51 PM
If they're out of contract you can sign them at any time, so either free agents or people we can get released. Can't pay a transfer fee, though.

Good to see you on the board Oss!

Ossington Mental Youth
04-28-2014, 10:44 PM
Thanks J! Actual pleasure to be back! Interesting to see if we sign Payne or O'Rourke. Not sure what the status of Payne is

Ossington Mental Youth
04-28-2014, 10:46 PM
Would imagine that depth at Cm and a striker are what the CO are looking for

GuelphStorm2007
04-29-2014, 12:29 AM
Just wondering also is Tim Payne still on trial. And another stupid question since we have a deal with A.S. Roma will they be loaning prospects over here for seasoning.

GuelphStorm2007
04-29-2014, 12:31 AM
I think we need more depth at midfield even though I am very happy with the Progress of both Canadian boys but Hall please go away please.

prizby
04-29-2014, 07:37 AM
No thanks. I don't think our current management is that stupid.

Were having injury problems with guys in there mid 30s imagine a over the hill guy like Del Piero. No thanks.

only min salary, i wouldn't complain

OgtheDim
04-29-2014, 08:19 AM
He's not exactly the dynamic physical presence off the bench to add something different.

BuSaPuNk
04-29-2014, 08:39 AM

Personally wouldn't take him on minimum either. Guy is far from able to help this club at any capacity.

I'd rather have Hamiton on the bench and getting some mins then a guy just here to sell shirts and make no contribution.

Phil
04-29-2014, 09:39 AM
I know TFC had interest in him. Adidas is hot to push a move to the MLS for him but I think DC are the front runners at the moment.

I don't know what his pay expectations are, but I heard he would not be getting DP money. Guy turns 40 this year, I really don't think I would take that chance given how much wear and tear this league imposes on players.

brad
04-29-2014, 09:45 AM

Worth an international slot though?

moralis
04-29-2014, 01:09 PM
Went to the chalk talk event last week with Tim Bez and Ryan Nelsen. There was nothing really special other then Nelsen saying he is trying hard to sign a third striker to play with Gilberto if/when Defoe goes to the World Cup. Also a veteran midfielder - looking more from within MLS. Didn't really say if it was an attacking midfielder or a box-to-box midfielder substitute when Bradley goes to the world cup.

prizby
04-29-2014, 01:11 PM
Personally wouldn't take him on minimum either. Guy is far from able to help this club at any capacity.

I'd rather have Hamiton on the bench and getting some mins then a guy just here to sell shirts and make no contribution.

min salary for a guy who can mentor someone like a Jordan Hamilton, maybe help a tweener like him like Weideman, sell shirts, and raise the profile of the club not only within the Toronto Italian community, but also globally (especially in Italy)...I don't think min salary is reasonable, but, I think he offers a lot of other value

Worth an international slot though?

we have 2...2 that are going unused...worth 1 of those spots until the end of the season and for the reasons above...sure

1 other thing...he speaks pretty good English now

prizby
04-29-2014, 01:12 PM
Went to the chalk talk event last week with Tim Bez and Ryan Nelsen. There was nothing really special other then Nelsen saying he is trying hard to sign a third striker to play with Gilberto if/when Defoe goes to the World Cup. Also a veteran midfielder - looking more from within MLS. Didn't really say if it was an attacking midfielder or a box-to-box midfielder substitute when Bradley goes to the world cup.

did they talk about anything else...I completely missed the twitter call out for that

moralis
04-29-2014, 01:15 PM
No not really. Event was mostly for coaches and local clubs. Talk was about coaching philosophy. He did say Doneil Henry was the most ready to move to Europe/EPL. Maybe in three to four years. It was pretty bland. Glad I still went.

jloome
04-29-2014, 02:17 PM
Vancouver has one DM too many right now, and since I doubt we're ever getting Mattias Laba back, maybe our future considerations should be Kofie or Reo-Coker.

West220Side
04-29-2014, 03:39 PM
Vancouver has one DM too many right now, and since I doubt we're ever getting Mattias Laba back, maybe our future considerations should be Kofie or Reo-Coker.

Don't think this will happen but id take Kofie over a guy who once fell over and gave himself a concussion.
Kofie soon to be eligible to play for Canada too, no?

Yohan
04-29-2014, 03:46 PM
Don't think this will happen but id take Kofie over a guy who once fell over and gave himself a concussion.
Kofie soon to be eligible to play for Canada too, no?
nope. he played a FIFA sanctioned tourney for Ghana youth team apparently

ensco
04-29-2014, 05:00 PM
Does anyone here have any idea how Del Piero has looked in the last 6 months?

Kaz
04-29-2014, 05:41 PM
Still looks Italian.

BuSaPuNk
04-29-2014, 05:45 PM
min salary for a guy who can mentor someone like a Jordan Hamilton, maybe help a tweener like him like Weideman, sell shirts, and raise the profile of the club not only within the Toronto Italian community, but also globally (especially in Italy)...I don't think min salary is reasonable, but, I think he offers a lot of other value

we have 2...2 that are going unused...worth 1 of those spots until the end of the season and for the reasons above...sure

1 other thing...he speaks pretty good English now

We have mentors for them in Defoe and Bradley. Raising the profile sure that is a good point but at what cost? Not one I'm willing to pay. Plus I've already made it clear how I feel about pandering to certain ethnic groups we shouldn't be doing it. See Chivas.

He wouldn't be coming here on minimum that's for sure and I wouldn't want to burn a international slot on a guy who is going to be coming off the bench, see Lambe.

We should be going after more lower salary guys like Laba and Gilberto. Guys that have a upside and will come in on a lower cap hit. But is also be looking to get more of a MLS type players to round out the roster.

Need guys who have been in the leauge for a few years international or not that make a midrange wage. Plugs that can start but don't mind coming off the bench.

jloome
04-29-2014, 05:59 PM

A few things I've read are suggesting he'll retire.

But this aussie piece (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/tom-smithies-says-quiet-second-year-shouldnt-tarnish-alessandro-del-pieros-aussie-legacy/story-fnk6rp8m-1226898702492) notes he was physically totally past it. I saw a stat somewhere the other day saying he was averaging 45 minutes due to a back problem in the second season. Still scored lots of goals, though

ensco
04-29-2014, 06:06 PM
Still looks Italian.

I always thought he was separated at birth from Bruce Springsteen.

Kaz
04-29-2014, 06:54 PM
I always thought he was separated at birth from Bruce Springsteen.

Like I said looks Italian... Jersey... Italian mother. ;)

SoccMan2
04-29-2014, 09:27 PM
First of all I think Del Piero is too old would not be a good idea to sign and would not come cheap he is done, the time comes for every great player to hang up the boots and that time is now for Del Piero, however, I have to love this line that someone posted earlier, " Plus I've already made it clear how I feel about pandering to certain ethnic groups we shouldn't be doing it. See Chivas. ", Yes this organization should never pandered to any ethnic group or has never pandered to any ethnic group for the past 8 seasons, well to me it seems it has with the many players , coaches and trainers from the U.K. or even players not from the U.K. but of British heritage like our present head coach and a few assistant coaches, just saying.

Red CB Toronto
04-29-2014, 09:28 PM
I am pretty sure we will see some new players make their way into town over the rest of the season.

BuSaPuNk
04-29-2014, 09:50 PM
First of all I think Del Piero is too old would not be a good idea to sign and would not come cheap he is done, the time comes for every great player to hang up the boots and that time is now for Del Piero, however, I have to love this line that someone posted earlier, " Plus I've already made it clear how I feel about pandering to certain ethnic groups we shouldn't be doing it. See Chivas. ", Yes this organization should never pandered to any ethnic group or has never pandered to any ethnic group for the past 8 seasons, well to me it seems it has with the many players , coaches and trainers from the U.K. or even players not from the U.K. but of British heritage like our present head coach and a few assistant coaches, just saying.

I see what your saying but my original point was were shouldn't be saying we're a Brit team ala Chivas being a Mexican team and only having Mexican coaches, players, identity.

We've have a lot of Brit influences I agree but we have also had Dutch, Canadian coaches as well. Not to mention the many many countries we've had players from over the years.

We don't pander like certain teams do is what I'm saying. Making a move like a Del Piero just to appease a Italian community is rediculous. If your not on board because it's your home town, your city, your club then your here for the wrong reasons IMO.

ensco
04-30-2014, 06:16 AM
A few things I've read are suggesting he'll retire.

But this aussie piece (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/tom-smithies-says-quiet-second-year-shouldnt-tarnish-alessandro-del-pieros-aussie-legacy/story-fnk6rp8m-1226898702492) notes he was physically totally past it. I saw a stat somewhere the other day saying he was averaging 45 minutes due to a back problem in the second season. Still scored lots of goals, though

What a terrible idea, to bring this geezer in as a sub striker.

Much more important that Jordan Hamilton get playing time.

Pookie
04-30-2014, 07:03 AM
Like stocks, past performance does not indicate future returns. How healthy is the stock at this point in time? Is there any reason, considering all known variables such as age & health, to expect this investment to yield any returns?

Then, is it the best use of your resources over the mid-long term window?

Ultra & Proud
04-30-2014, 09:03 AM
So most people see DeRo as past it, both slow and laboring on the ball in a fast league, even as a sub. However, ADP is worth a shot though? Okay...

Red I
04-30-2014, 10:22 AM
So, um, what the ass is Vancouver's "future considerations" for Laba, and when the ass do we get that compensation?

cincy
04-30-2014, 10:51 AM
So, um, what the ass is Vancouver's "future considerations" for Laba, and when the ass do we get that compensation?

It has been highly suggested that the future considerations will be Laba

Ultra & Proud
04-30-2014, 11:05 AM
It has been highly suggested that the future considerations will be Laba
That's exactly what Bez suggested. Either Laba back or quite a lot of money from Vancouver. He implied the money back should Vancouver keep Laba as significant and I believe the point in that was to put a high enough dollar value in there so that it doesn't look like too much of a nudge nudge wink wink deal. Unless we change our minds, he'll be back next year.

Areathrasher
04-30-2014, 11:16 AM
I was thinking recently that next year around the draft we will hear "Toronto FC re-acquire Mathais Laba for a 2015 1st round draft pick"

One can hope...

Pookie
04-30-2014, 12:01 PM
And does any of that speculation hinge on the 4th DP being approved?

Initial B
04-30-2014, 12:05 PM
I don't think Laba will be a DP after this season.

BuSaPuNk
04-30-2014, 12:23 PM
I don't think Laba will be a DP after this season.

If I remember correctly his DP tag comes off after this season. His transfer fee is no longer dumped on his salary.

jloome
04-30-2014, 12:44 PM
What a terrible idea, to bring this geezer in as a sub striker.

Much more important that Jordan Hamilton get playing time.

He was scoring 1-in-2 in the A-League; mind you, having watched quite a bit of it, the pace of that league is considerably below MLS. Maybe he could coach strikers here, too? Wouldn't hurt to have an attack-minded specialist on the staff and he'd be revered in TO.

The big issue is the perception of having two semi-retired subs, thanks to DeRo, whose mobility is suspect.

Pookie
04-30-2014, 12:57 PM
He was scoring 1-in-2 in the A-League; mind you, having watched quite a bit of it, the pace of that league is considerably below MLS. Maybe he could coach strikers here, too? Wouldn't hurt to have an attack-minded specialist on the staff and he'd be revered in TO.

The big issue is the perception of having two semi-retired subs, thanks to DeRo, whose mobility is suspect.

I think the big issue is that skills drop off with age. DeRo is an excellent example.

2011 - 15 Goals and the Golden Boot/MVP
2012 - 7 Goals
2013 - 3 Goals and a season ending knee injury
2014 - nothing and another knock

Another Golden Boot example, Jeff Cunningham. Won it in his 30s.

2009 - 17 goals
2010 - 11 goals
2011 - 2 goals
2012 - not in MLS anymore

It's a function of being over 30. As good as he was, he isn't there anymore. Why sign up for that if there are other options available?

jloome
04-30-2014, 01:50 PM
I think the big issue is that skills drop off with age. DeRo is an excellent example.

2011 - 15 Goals and the Golden Boot/MVP
2012 - 7 Goals
2013 - 3 Goals and a season ending knee injury
2014 - nothing and another knock

Another Golden Boot example, Jeff Cunningham. Won it in his 30s.

2009 - 17 goals
2010 - 11 goals
2011 - 2 goals
2012 - not in MLS anymore

It's a function of being over 30. As good as he was, he isn't there anymore. Why sign up for that if there are other options available?

A very good point.

I have a shortlist of about four dozens undervalued players worldwide; sure a few of them are free right now or about to go out of contract.

I know Nelsen keeps talking about getting another striker before the World Cup, but given that most contracts expire in pro leagues on June 30 the prudent thing in terms of quality of selection might be to wait a few weeks and look at the long-term

BuSaPuNk
04-30-2014, 01:51 PM

He might have been scoring 1-2 in the A League but Brockie was scoring at close to the same pace last year when we brought him in. We all seen how that worked out.

The difference between the A and MLS is huge. Id say the gap is probably worse then NCAA to MLS.

CountryoverClub
05-01-2014, 10:20 AM
The difference between the A and MLS is huge. Id say the gap is probably worse then NCAA to MLS.

LOL you cant be serious

Stress
05-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Jordan Hamilton sent on loan to Willmington... perhaps a forward acquisition is coming sooner rather than later? Or perhaps they are confident there will be few injuries to our other strikers.

Kaz
05-01-2014, 11:41 AM
He might have been scoring 1-2 in the A League but Brockie was scoring at close to the same pace last year when we brought him in. We all seen how that worked out.

ummm what?

do you mean NASL? that I can believe a little... you'd be hard pressed to refer to A-league as being worse then the american college system.

jloome
05-01-2014, 11:41 AM
LOL you cant be serious

Yeah, that's a bit extreme. A-League is well above NCAA. It's more euro-centric pass-and-move football, rather than two-way pressure like in MLS. But the level is well above college.

Be interesting to see who we've signed ... since we've assigned Jordan Hamilton to Wilmington, you have to assume they've got someone else coming in.

BuSaPuNk
05-01-2014, 11:42 AM
LOL you cant be serious

Not completely but watching a lot of Brockies games in the A I felt like I was watching the NCAA.

The level of play is probably close to USL level at times. Wasn't impressed.

OgtheDim
05-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Jordan Hamilton sent on loan to Willmington... perhaps a forward acquisition is coming sooner rather than later? Or perhaps they are confident there will be few injuries to our other strikers.

Hmm....current strikers

Defoe
Gilberto
DeRosario
Weideman
Dike (August?)

We might be seeing a bit more 4-4-1-1 when/if Defoe goes to Brazil. That system worked OK in Dallas given all the injuries and Bradley and Osorio couldn't move much.

Pint
05-01-2014, 11:49 AM
so that leaves Defoe, Gilberto, DeRo, Wiedemen as our strikers? With Defoe possibly going to the world cup and both he and Dero having some injury problems this season I would expect a move for a striker to come in the not too distant future.

Joe Kool
05-01-2014, 02:16 PM
We needed Hamilton along with all of our goalkeepers to fill out the bench not too long ago due to injuries. Something has to be in the works since we can only seem to rely on Weeds and Gilberto up to this point to play each game. Also don't like to see guys leaving before anyone is confirmed to be coming in though...I guess it is dictated by the business side of it sometimes though with only so much cap room and slots to fill.

Leedsoronto
05-01-2014, 03:56 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/torontofc/status/461898035388104706/photo/1

Hamilton off to Wilmington

jloome
05-01-2014, 03:58 PM
We needed Hamilton along with all of our goalkeepers to fill out the bench not too long ago due to injuries. Something has to be in the works since we can only seem to rely on Weeds and Gilberto up to this point to play each game. Also don't like to see guys leaving before anyone is confirmed to be coming in though...I guess it is dictated by the business side of it sometimes though with only so much cap room and slots to fill.

Although Nelsen has made several cryptic statements about us still having significant room to sign someone, so who knows.

I think they've agreed terms with someone but can't talk about it yet. They'll maybe move Osorio up top again until we land someone,as he's good at creating a yard or two to play in and we know he can put th e ball on target.

19Barrett19
05-01-2014, 05:55 PM
i think it will be brek shea

OgtheDim
05-01-2014, 06:23 PM
We might trade our #1 allocation spot so somebody else can get Brek Shea.

BuSaPuNk
05-01-2014, 06:31 PM
We might trade our #1 allocation spot so somebody else can get Brek Shea.

That's what I'm thinking. Especially with Nelly talking about looking at guys in the leauge. Probably trade allocation spot to the team that wants Brek and we take a striker off there hands. Who would want or need Brek?

T-boy
05-01-2014, 06:51 PM
Who could we get in the league that is better than Shea? Or, put it this way - who is going to trade somebody better than Shea to us?

I can still see it being Shea, who I still say would be an excellent signing.

TFC07
05-01-2014, 06:56 PM
When does summer transfer window open?

BuSaPuNk
05-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Who could we get in the league that is better than Shea? Or, put it this way - who is going to trade somebody better than Shea to us?

I can still see it being Shea, who I still say would be an excellent signing.

I'm not convinced by Brek. Plus he would cost us a DP spot for sure he's on $300k at Stoke.

If much rather find a younger Dike type. Lower wage, younger but can make an impact.

molenshtain
05-01-2014, 07:54 PM
I'm not convinced by Brek. Plus he would cost us a DP spot for sure he's on $300k at Stoke.

If much rather find a younger Dike type. Lower wage, younger but can make an impact.

He'd presumably be on loan and given to us at a similiar cut rate salary like Cesar.

Pookie
05-01-2014, 07:59 PM
I believe a loan is outside of the allocation rankings. The allocation is usually for a player that is signing back with the MLS after having played abroad.

A loan would seemingly keep his contract with his old club. If that is the case, he could be loaned to any team.

molenshtain
05-01-2014, 08:07 PM
well then given Nelly's connections and our current form for signing name brand players (relatively, of course) I'd also assume that we'd be the most likely team he'd be loaned to if Hughes and Stoke thought that was the best course of action.

Anyway, rumors people. I want rumors!

BuSaPuNk
05-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Yeah a loan is the best for Brek, and I believe that is probably how we would get him. But what would Stoke get from loaning him to us?

He was on loan to Burnley I believe and well didn't impress. Why would Stoke hold his rights and loan him again? I'm not seeing a upside for Stoke.

Stress
05-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Yeah a loan is the best for Brek, and I believe that is probably how we would get him. But what would Stoke get from loaning him to us?

He was on loan to Burnley I believe and well didn't impress. Why would Stoke hold his rights and loan him again? I'm not seeing a upside for Stoke.

Loan was to Barnsley, much worse than Burnley.

Too late to loan Brek now if you ask me. I feel like World Cup would drive such a move and doing it now doesn't leave him much time.

BuSaPuNk
05-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Loan was to Barnsley, much worse than Burnley.

Too late to loan Brek now if you ask me. I feel like World Cup would drive such a move and doing it now doesn't leave him much time.

It was one of those B teams lmao.

Yeah I don't see it happening just time wise. That's what I mean if a team was willing to bring him in we could move the allocation if he was coming in on a non DP contract and get some depth out of it. But that's the best case senerio.

Either way were top of allocation and have 3-4? First round picks this draft we have lots of pieces we can move to bring in some quality. Especially if teams are really out of it in the next few months.

Yohan
05-01-2014, 11:37 PM
I believe a loan is outside of the allocation rankings. The allocation is usually for a player that is signing back with the MLS after having played abroad.

A loan would seemingly keep his contract with his old club. If that is the case, he could be loaned to any team.
no. Mo Edu had to go through allocation list

Pookie
05-02-2014, 06:16 AM
no. Mo Edu had to go through allocation list

You just opened an interesting can of worms.

The allocation ranking/process is for former MLS players and USNT members that want to play in the league.

I always assumed Edu didn't go through it because it was a loan. But you are right, he did. I also assumed he wouldn't go through it because he was a DP.

He became a DP so that doesn't work.

But Bradley didn't go through that process.

The league covers itself with a new take on the "Dempsey Rule" with this tidbit in the 2014 roster rules.

*Designated Players of a certain threshold – as determined by the League – are not subject to allocation ranking.

So, there you have it. Like allocation money that is made available for competitive reasons as determined by the league's competition committee another interesting rule.

This time we benefited. But it is so hard to believe that we aren't watching some version of Professional Wrestling some times.

Kaz
05-02-2014, 07:34 AM
With Dempsey and Bradley it may have been a "they want to come back, but not anywhere or for any price"

Because Bradley was looking for a specific price and there was not a lot of interest from multiple clubs, and little interest from the player for most of those clubs.

If Chicago for example said we want to use our Allocation spot and Bradley has no interest in going to Chicago... what do you do?

The Allocation Draft it self is silly and is only in existence because of the single entity system, but shouldn't exist.

The fact MLS is a Single Entity should as invisible as possible as often as possible.

Pookie
05-02-2014, 11:03 AM
With Dempsey and Bradley it may have been a "they want to come back, but not anywhere or for any price"

Because Bradley was looking for a specific price and there was not a lot of interest from multiple clubs, and little interest from the player for most of those clubs.

If Chicago for example said we want to use our Allocation spot and Bradley has no interest in going to Chicago... what do you do?

The Allocation Draft it self is silly and is only in existence because of the single entity system, but shouldn't exist.

The fact MLS is a Single Entity should as invisible as possible as often as possible.

The fun bit with Shea is that Dallas may still hold his MLS rights and the allocation process may be moot.

In explaining the Dempsey situation last year, MLS issued a statement:

"When MLS clubs try to retain a player on their roster but he opts to sign abroad, the club that loses the player retains the right to re-sign him should he return. At times, the club holding this right can trade it to another team. A recent example is Robbie Rogers, who Columbus attempted to sign before he left MLS and signed overseas. When Robbie returned, Columbus had a right of first refusal to sign him in preference of other MLS clubs. That right was traded to Chicago, who in turn traded it to LA in exchange for Mike Magee."

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/08/03/major-league-soccer-issues-statement-usmnt-allocation-process

Pint
05-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Dallas does not hold his rights as they received a transfer fee.

I thought that players go through the allocation process unless the the league is part of paying the transfer fee?

Also anyone know if Tim Payne is still training with us?

Canary10
05-02-2014, 11:06 AM
The fun bit with Shea is that Dallas may still hold his MLS rights and the allocation process may be moot.

"When MLS clubs try to retain a player on their roster but he opts to sign abroad, the club that loses the player retains the right to re-sign him should he return. At times, the club holding this right can trade it to another team. A recent example is Robbie Rogers, who Columbus attempted to sign before he left MLS and signed overseas. When Robbie returned, Columbus had a right of first refusal to sign him in preference of other MLS clubs. That right was traded to Chicago, who in turn traded it to LA in exchange for Mike Magee."

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/08/03/major-league-soccer-issues-statement-usmnt-allocation-process

He was sold. Doesn't that relinquish a team's rights?

Yohan
05-02-2014, 11:32 AM

Dallas sold Shea to Stoke, so no rights retained

Areathrasher
05-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Dallas does not hold his rights as they received a transfer fee.

I thought that players go through the allocation process unless the the league is part of paying the transfer fee?

Also anyone know if Tim Payne is still training with us?
When he started with us it was said he would be here for 2 weeks. That was like a month ago and there has been no update, so no?

Alonso
05-02-2014, 01:00 PM
When he started with us it was said he would be here for 2 weeks. That was like a month ago and there has been no update, so no?

If I remember correctly, personal family issues warranted a return home for him.

But since he hasn't come back by now, I'd say it's safe to say that this signing isn't happening.

Pookie
05-02-2014, 01:58 PM
Dallas sold Shea to Stoke, so no rights retained

So then the nuance is whether Shea would command Designated Player status and whether his salary (and subjective League opinion) would subject him to the allocation process:

"Designated Players of a certain threshold – as determined by the League – are not subject to allocation ranking."

Shea made $310k in Dallas before signing a $2.5M deal overseas.

Red I
05-02-2014, 02:04 PM
If I remember correctly, personal family issues warranted a return home for him.

But since he hasn't come back by now, I'd say it's safe to say that this signing isn't happening.

No, that was for the former Columbus player... his name escapes me - since he has not been back training at all, i would say he is longer on the table

Detroit_TFC
05-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Danny O'Rourke.

Yohan
05-02-2014, 02:16 PM
So then the nuance is whether Shea would command Designated Player status and whether his salary (and subjective League opinion) would subject him to the allocation process:

"Designated Players of a certain threshold – as determined by the League – are not subject to allocation ranking."

Shea made $310k in Dallas before signing a $2.5M deal overseas.

Shea will be similar to Edu. Likely a DP going through allocation process.

well, whatever the whim of MLS FO is that day

Alonso
05-02-2014, 05:04 PM

This is my take on it.

Any attempt to make rhyme or reason out of MLS rules is an exercise in futility.

They just make it up as they go anyway.

They develop magical new rules, and throw Garber bucks to make it the way they like it.

As a TFC fan, I don't think we can complain anymore about it though since we've now been christened as one of the chosen ones.

ag futbol
05-02-2014, 08:02 PM

Agreed. As you said, basically the rules are whatever they feel like on the day. If the allocation process gets followed its because that's what fits within what they wanted.

jazzy
05-02-2014, 08:11 PM
It was one of those B teams lmao.

Yeah I don't see it happening just time wise. That's what I mean if a team was willing to bring him in we could move the allocation if he was coming in on a non DP contract and get some depth out of it. But that's the best case senerio.

Either way were top of allocation and have 3-4? First round picks this draft we have lots of pieces we can move to bring in some quality. Especially if teams are really out of it in the next few months.

now now Burnley will be up in premier league next year and maybe with David Edgar on our National squad...:) , and are far better than TFC , at this point..unfortunately.

Barnsley on the other hand....down , down

OgtheDim
05-03-2014, 06:05 AM
Burnley i in Lankasher

Barnsley int Yawksher

They fought a war once.

Borga
05-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Burnley just announced that David Edgar is not going to be signed. I'll take him over Henry please :)

Red CB Toronto
05-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Burnley just announced that David Edgar is not going to be signed. I'll take him over Henry please :)

Guess they decided with promotion to the Premier League the position warrants an upgrade over David. He proved he can play at the Championship level so I figure it would be costly for Toronto to bring him to the MLS.

mowe
05-05-2014, 05:17 PM
Yeah Championship players make significantly more than non-DP MLS players. He would have to take a pay cut to come here. Would be a great signing though.

Richard
05-05-2014, 06:09 PM
He is also 26 years old and in his prime earning years as a player.

OgtheDim
05-05-2014, 06:31 PM
There are any number of teams at that level or one step below that will pay him more then he would get here.

It would be O'Dea, without the int spot, all over again.

Pint
05-05-2014, 06:45 PM
MLS as a league is not set up for a player like Edgar. A player that can make good money overseas and is not to the caliber where a DP slot should be used.

It's one of those things in our league were a player that makes between 500k-1mil per season is not the best investment IMO as the drop off between them and a top level non DP players is not large enough to justify the use of a DP spot (unless you have a very cheap owner and that is the most they will spend anyway).

Greatest Ripoff
05-07-2014, 01:10 AM
Dylan Carreiro was released by QPR, wonder if he will look elsewhere in England or if he could end up back in Toronto?

mcolvy
05-08-2014, 12:05 AM
What's wrong with Bradley? Different guy then in his first three or so games.

Kaz
05-08-2014, 08:21 AM
What's wrong with Bradley? Different guy then in his first three or so games. If someone cut open your foot 10-14 days ago you would still be taking it easy too.

ryan
05-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Guess they decided with promotion to the Premier League the position warrants an upgrade over David. He proved he can play at the Championship level so I figure it would be costly for Toronto to bring him to the MLS.

I'd be a bit stiff in my pants with a Henry/Edgar CB pairing in Toronto.

*puts V's hat on*

I think that could be Canada's best CB pairing for the next WCQ cycle, so playing together regularly would be exceptional.

*takes V's hat o....nah, I never take it off*

ensco
05-08-2014, 08:55 AM
What's wrong with Bradley? Different guy then in his first three or so games.

Protecting himself for the WC.

Klinsmann must have seen him with his head bandaged and read him the riot act.

It's fine. It's life in the big city. We aren't Manchester United.

He'll be back to his reckless self in July.

Red CB Toronto
05-08-2014, 09:16 AM
Protecting himself for the WC.

Klinsmann must have seen him with his head bandaged and read him the riot act.

It's fine. It's life in the big city. We aren't Manchester United.

He'll be back to his reckless self in July.

He did though really turn it on in the second half last night, making some great runs, playing physical and scoring the goal.

Ossington Mental Youth
05-08-2014, 09:17 AM
He did though really turn it on in the second half last night, making some great runs, playing physical and scoring the goal.

id be inclined to agree

OgtheDim
05-08-2014, 09:22 AM

I'm just trying to think what Bradley would be like with Laba beside him, which might happen next season.

Unleash the Kraken comes to mind.

ensco
05-08-2014, 09:54 AM

The guy is a warrior - he couldn't help himself!

Milanista
05-08-2014, 10:31 AM
they need to eventually give bradley a more advanced role, let him attack

gdg_9
05-08-2014, 10:55 AM
I'm just trying to think what Bradley would be like with Laba beside him, which might happen next season.

Unleash the Kraken comes to mind.

+1!!!

I really hope this happens...

barticusz
05-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Not sure if any of you caught the IMFC vs. FC Edmonton game last night but FCE have a talented kid in Boakai. 17 year old with great confidence, strong on the ball considering his size and fantastic vision/passing. I wonder if TFC has taken a look into his games and if they would try and scoop him up. It's a matter of time before he moves on from Edmonton, and I'd love to see him in a TFC uniform.

Soccerpro
05-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Not sure if any of you caught the IMFC vs. FC Edmonton game last night but FCE have a talented kid in Boakai. 17 year old with great confidence, strong on the ball considering his size and fantastic vision/passing. I wonder if TFC has taken a look into his games and if they would try and scoop him up. It's a matter of time before he moves on from Edmonton, and I'd love to see him in a TFC uniform.

As a FC Edmonton season ticket holder, Boakai is the most skilled, young attacking player I've ever seen in Canada. In his last two games he dominated the Ottawa Fury and Montreal Impact. Made all the more remarkable by the fact he's only 17! He's the type of player this country can never seem to produce.

However, it's a little early to anoint him the new CSJ. Let's give him a little longer..

barticusz
05-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Agree with you sp.. very exciting kid that just seems to ooze confidence on the ball and playmaking ability.

TFC07
05-08-2014, 01:01 PM
I am sure TFC can buy him from FC Edmonton, but I think it's better for Boakai to go overseas. Hopefully FC Edmonton can cash in by transferring Boakai.

Yohan
05-08-2014, 01:14 PM
Problem with buying a player in MLS is that you risk of running into DP problem, unless you have a oodle of garber bucks to pay for transfer fees

moralis
05-08-2014, 01:20 PM
Article about Doneil Henry's potential to be a top class defender: Interesting transfer notes at the bottom

NOTES — Nelsen says his team “has a couple of irons in the fire” ahead of Monday’s MLS transfer deadline. The manager says he’s happy with his squad but could add to his depth.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-manager-nelsen-henry-will-go-to-the-top/

Canary10
05-08-2014, 01:29 PM
they need to eventually give bradley a more advanced role, let him attack

Yeah I agree. Even when he plays advanced, he seems to be there as a ball winner as opposed to an attacker. He's too good not be attacking.

TFC07
05-08-2014, 01:37 PM
Problem with buying a player in MLS is that you risk of running into DP problem, unless you have a oodle of garber bucks to pay for transfer fees

I highly doubt Boakai is going to cost whole a lot of money to buy from FC Edmonton. Plus, you can use allocation money to pay off transfer fee so it wouldn't hurt your cap space. I believe New York bought a player from NASL like few years ago. Kandji?

Yohan
05-08-2014, 01:45 PM
I highly doubt Boakai is going to cost whole a lot of money to buy from FC Edmonton. Plus, you can use allocation money to pay off transfer fee so it wouldn't hurt your cap space. I believe New York bought a player from NASL like few years ago. Kandji?

for a kid rated highly like Boakai? you can bet Eddies will squeeze any MLS team for money. unless Boakai is near end of his contract and in that case, TFC will be competing with European teams

DigzTFC!
05-08-2014, 02:09 PM
FC Edmonton should ask for a very sizable return for him the question is when to cash in. Right now, it is about maximizing his value. He will spend the rest of the NASL season with the Eddies but what is the next step? A loan to an MLS team, selling him to Europe, or holding on to him while he amasses more playing time and the fans can see him. There is a very real danger of sending such a young player that needs to be reminded what time practice is to the professional ranks of Europe. Then there is the issue of sending him to the wrong league with his size and technical strengths.

He is by far the best 17 year old player I have ever seen in Canada. If he can deliver the same performance with better players he will rack up the assists. He needs to be handled appropriately. I think he stays with the Eddies for at least the following season.

barticusz
05-08-2014, 02:33 PM
Kjelstan linked to move back stateside with LAG.. however LA is nowhere near the top of the allocation order. TFC could have some good leverage this summer with that top spot.

UltraSuperMegaMo
05-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Is he good or fast? I'm not sure and I watched the game very carefully with an eye to evaluating him. Gabe Gala played at around the same age for TFC and looked very good and a lot of people got excited... we'll we know how that one ended.

flamehawk
05-08-2014, 04:09 PM
Looks like we just signed Luke Moore from Colorado in exchange for Gale.

https://twitter.com/torontofc/statuses/464510130021994496

Name rings a bell from his Villa days, but other than that no clue if he's any good.

Jpexxx
05-08-2014, 04:13 PM

https://twitter.com/torontofc/statuses/464510130021994496

Name rings a bell from his Villa days, but other than that no clue if he's any good.

I'm down to give him a shot.

Recognize the name from Swansea. Played for them the season they got promoted. I think he played less once they were up top tho.

Red Skies At Night
05-08-2014, 04:17 PM

That's the fw depth we've been seeking, and I think in a pinch he can play the wing... he was with chivas but only managed a handful of games. Still only 28

Soccerpro
05-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Is he good or fast? I'm not sure and I watched the game very carefully with an eye to evaluating him. Gabe Gala played at around the same age for TFC and looked very good and a lot of people got excited... we'll we know how that one ended.

His technique, dribbling, close control are excellent. He is also fast. But at 5'4 he is by no means just an athlete.

brad
05-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Moore was one of those promising young player that never did much. Decent depth signing if cheap, especially considering what our depth options up front are now.

OgtheDim
05-08-2014, 04:43 PM
Only 28?

For Agboss?

I'll take it. After Hagglund came through in Columbu and Orr turned out to be not an old busted jalopy, Agboss was no longer needed.

He's an int spot?

Yohan
05-08-2014, 05:19 PM
great. TFC snags another striker who can't score

moralis
05-08-2014, 05:34 PM
Both players MLS salaries:

CHV Moore Luke F $120,000.00 $128,333.33

TOR Agbossoumonde Gale D $48,825.00 $55,491.67

http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/April%201,%202014%20Salary%20Information%20-%20By%20Club.pdf

Yohan
05-08-2014, 05:40 PM
Luke Moore last scored in April, 2013 in EPL. He has since gone 23 games, 964 mins without a goal.

gracos
05-08-2014, 05:40 PM
How long is left until we can resign Moore at a more reasonable rate; seems a little steep for a depth player unless there is more free agents being acquired for the team; it seems like a reasonable signing but just want to maximize each player to the best of his abilities

Areathrasher
05-08-2014, 05:44 PM
Luke Moore last scored in April, 2013 in EPL. He has since gone 23 games, 964 mins without a goal.

2 goals for the Chivas reserves :lol:

Yohan
05-08-2014, 05:49 PM
How long is left until we can resign Moore at a more reasonable rate; seems a little steep for a depth player unless there is more free agents being acquired for the team; it seems like a reasonable signing but just want to maximize each player to the best of his abilities
putting it in a different context, it's nuts that an ex EPL player at 28 yrs old signs for MLS for just 120k

Abou Sky
05-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Idk what it is, but I have a good feeling about him.

May just be good old excessive optimism, but I think that he can bag some goals.

Ossington Mental Youth
05-08-2014, 05:53 PM
Idk what it is, but I have a good feeling about him.

May just be good old excessive optimism, but I think that he can bag some goals.

You and me both

UltraSuperMegaMo
05-08-2014, 06:06 PM
^ Idk. It's hard to say. Despite watching him play and being impressed last night (the Impact looked terrible though), who on TFC's current roster would you honestly play him ahead of? It's kind of Canadian soccer disease - players look great at that age, then just kind of go average.

No doubt he's one to watch, I'm just not sold yet.

OgtheDim
05-08-2014, 06:16 PM
Not much to go on about how he plays.

Not exactly a Dike at 5 ft 9.

There are the comments on here though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrF6AbCt_0w

reggie
05-08-2014, 06:18 PM
great. TFC snags another striker who can't score

we didn't give up much for a guy who is tied in goals with gilberto

pdubs
05-08-2014, 06:19 PM
^i was gonna say.. rather prefer an all out target man to incorporate in. even if they have fair dike will come back healthy… not sure about this signing exactly. don't know much about him just going off stats.

OgtheDim
05-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Never played with Nelsen, for those wondering.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/luke-moore/leistungsdaten/spieler_4075.html

Was transferred from Villa to West Brom, which is unheard of for 3.3. million pounds........and scored 5 goals in 63 matches with 36 starts. I can see why Baggies supporters think he's useless - came from a hated rival and did not enough.

Oh...found a link.

His management group, one James Grant Sports Management, used to manage Nelsen. (a few MLS players including Dempsey, but nobody on TFC, for those thinking of the Mo days)

Still Kicking
05-08-2014, 07:00 PM
I am twisting my elbow from patting myself on the back, but in my blog post on last nights's game I wrote...

While thinking about TFC defenders, what has happened with Gale Agbossoumonde? He seems to be amongst the missing, not weak enough to be sent to Wilmington (the farm team) and not strong enough to play a Cup game vs Vancouver?

Later the same day Boss is traded, now makes sense...

Yohan
05-08-2014, 07:05 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/05/08/report-pueblas-damarcus-beasley-latest-us-international-contemplating-move-b

DaMarcus Beasley looking for a move back to MLS. 31, and lost a bit of pace, but a natural LW who has been LB, and didn't look too bad in USMNT games at LB.

T-boy
05-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Didn't Luke Moore once score a hat trick against TFC?

Canary10
05-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Luke Moore is terrible. There's desperate then there's DESPERATE.

Yohan
05-08-2014, 07:09 PM
Never played with Nelsen, for those wondering.
Nelly would have played few times against Moore, Caldwell and Orr maybe also

Still Kicking
05-08-2014, 07:13 PM
2007 friendly with Aston Villa....

T-boy
05-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Luke Moore is terrible. There's desperate then there's DESPERATE.

I'm not sure I'd call him "terrible".

I've seen him a few times over the years, mainly in the premiership, where he was "ok", not a superstar, but not terrible either. "Ok" in the premiership usually translates to "good" in the MLS (lets not forget that players like Eckerley, Orr, Caldwell who were only "ok" in the Championship, are "fairly good" in the MLS). So, I'm not going ti immediately write this guy off. Generally he's only been coming on as an 80th minute sub for Chiva, so its hard to judge how he fairs in the MLS so far.

Canary10
05-08-2014, 07:19 PM
I'm not sure I'd call him "terrible".

I've seen him a few times over the years, mainly in the premiership, where he was "ok", not a superstar, but not terrible either. "Ok" in the premiership usually translates to "good" in the MLS (lets not forget that players like Eckerley, Orr, Caldwell who were only "ok" in the Championship, are "fairly good" in the MLS). So, I'm not going ti immediately write this guy off. Generally he's only been coming on as an 80th minute sub for Chiva, so its hard to judge how he fairs in the MLS so far.

Unless he's burning up some Latin league I've never heard of the fact that Chivas USA is dumping him says a lot. Don't expect him to score.

T-boy
05-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Unless he's burning up some Latin league I've never heard of the fact that Chivas USA is dumping him says a lot. Don't expect him to score.

I know what you mean Canary and also feel the same RE Chivas, but I think we should be willing to give the guy a chance. It's a new team and a clean slate. We have to remember that Chivas are generally in poor shape right now, I'm not sure how much chances they create for any of their forwards right now? Maybe he will be better here, we shall see.

LFC8
05-08-2014, 07:31 PM
I saw him play a bit in the premier league and i would say he's actually a step up from Dike. Finally we have a forward that can come off the bench. Just my opinion though.

Canary10
05-08-2014, 07:35 PM
I know what you mean Canary and also feel the same RE Chivas, but I think we should be willing to give the guy a chance. It's a new team and a clean slate. We have to remember that Chivas are generally in poor shape right now, I'm not sure how much chances they create for any of their forwards right now? Maybe he will be better here, we shall see.

Of course. I never bring a bias into these things. :)

Ultra & Proud
05-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Chivas dumps a lot of good players historically. Agudelo for nearly nothing last year comes to mind. I know it's not the same madness but they probably still want int spots for Mexicans/latinos and not Brits.

T-boy
05-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Of course. I never bring a bias into these things. :)

Unless its a former Ipswich player :p

Canary10
05-08-2014, 08:33 PM
Unless its a former Ipswich player :p

Who? I don't recognize them as a legitimate football club.

jloome
05-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Chivas dumps a lot of good players historically. Agudelo for nearly nothing last year comes to mind. I know it's not the same madness but they probably still want int spots for Mexicans/latinos and not Brits.

The player we should have tried to land (cap willing) is Claudio Bieler, who seems permabenched in KC despite being a very talented striker.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/05/08/claudio-bieler-hoping-break-back-sporting-kcs-starting-xi-after-first-goal-s

flamehawk
05-08-2014, 09:11 PM
The player we should have tried to land (cap willing) is Claudio Bieler, who seems permabenched in KC despite being a very talented striker.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/05/08/claudio-bieler-hoping-break-back-sporting-kcs-starting-xi-after-first-goal-s

Isn't he a DP though?

ag futbol
05-08-2014, 09:19 PM
I've probably written this about 50x, but tommy heinemann would be a great off the bench option and he's currently playing in the USL. I'm sure we could put together a pay package that's better than what the Fury offer and make it worth his while.

Detroit_TFC
05-08-2014, 09:41 PM
When I first heard that CUSA signed Luke Moore, I thought it was an odd acquisition. More surprising is Martin Chavez falling out of favor with Mastroeni. I doubt Moore can replace Dike skill wise but if Dike can't get fit, better having him than not.

Ossington Mental Youth
05-08-2014, 09:43 PM
Im gonna wait to see him play before i come to any conclusions. Seems like he hasnt really had a chance to prove himself in this league.

kodiakTFC
05-08-2014, 09:49 PM
^ Idk. It's hard to say. Despite watching him play and being impressed last night (the Impact looked terrible though), who on TFC's current roster would you honestly play him ahead of? It's kind of Canadian soccer disease - players look great at that age, then just kind of go average.

No doubt he's one to watch, I'm just not sold yet.

This. Let him get minutes in Edmonton, that is what he needs to develop. Not to come to Toronto and get a few sub appearances here and there.

Ultra & Proud
05-08-2014, 09:55 PM
I agree that he is a total hit or miss signing. Who knows but I would have to think that he would be a better bench and starting option than Wiedeman. He should also be a better starting option than Dero as Dero is no more than a 45 minute player (pushing it at that).

Now Gale was in total no man's land and lost on our bench so as long as Moore proves to be a better bench option than Wiedeman and doesn't cost an arm and a leg then it should pan out as a good deal and one that improves our squad. No superstar but better depth and if he can do anything to give us cover during the WC then it was worth it.

speckles
05-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Yeah, just wait and see on him, some slip through the net..look at issey..did not look good in the a-league (lower legaue than MLS IMHO) yet still making a contributing here

T-boy
05-08-2014, 11:01 PM
When I first heard that CUSA signed Luke Moore, I thought it was an odd acquisition. More surprising is Martin Chavez falling out of favor with Mastroeni. I doubt Moore can replace Dike skill wise but if Dike can't get fit, better having him than not.

I personally think Moore is a much better player than Dike. Both are similar age, while Dike has played the majority of his games in the USL, Moore has played majority in the premiership, and a lot in the championship. The players are only really comparible in age - Moore's credentials are much better IMO. Moore should really be head and shoulders above Dike in terms of skill. You don't play over 100 games in the premiership by being a crappy player (and get sold for 3 million to a competitor)! Meanwhile I don't think Dike is anywhere near Premiership level.

edit: its also kinda interesting that West Brom signed Moore after a loan. During the ten game loan, Moore didn't score a goal, but West Brom still paid 3 million for him at the end of the loan. That, to me, indicates that his game is not really about scoring goals. Why else would you spend so much money on a player who hasn't scored for you in the preceeding loan?

mcolvy
05-09-2014, 12:08 AM
He is on around the money Robert Earnshaw would match up to, so if he brings similar production I am fine with it. Not as quick, but a little more dangerous in traffic. He isn't a dynamic addition though. He is underwhelming in that regard and isnt an impact sub type guy.
Defoe is 100% on the world cup roster folks. Get onto bodog and put down some money.

I am soo excited to have Dike back. He is literally the piece we are missing. He is just so disruptive.

evermorian
05-09-2014, 01:17 AM
I am soo excited to have Dike back. He is literally the piece we are missing. He is just so disruptive.

Dike is back?

OgtheDim
05-09-2014, 06:41 AM
Dike is back?

He starts running in a week. That indicates a late August come back with some probable significant impact on games by last September.

Initial B
05-09-2014, 06:52 AM
I saw Bokai playing against the Fury and even my 12-year-old son could see he was special. At one point he was double teamed by two defenders and he chipped the ball between them, spun around to the right and broke through to take a shot the keeper had to parry away from the corner. He could really be going some places. I doubt the Fury will give him up to a MLS team, He's going to Europe.

Detroit_TFC
05-09-2014, 08:02 AM
I personally think Moore is a much better player than Dike. Both are similar age, while Dike has played the majority of his games in the USL, Moore has played majority in the premiership, and a lot in the championship. The players are only really comparible in age - Moore's credentials are much better IMO. Moore should really be head and shoulders above Dike in terms of skill. You don't play over 100 games in the premiership by being a crappy player (and get sold for 3 million to a competitor)! Meanwhile I don't think Dike is anywhere near Premiership level.

edit: its also kinda interesting that West Brom signed Moore after a loan. During the ten game loan, Moore didn't score a goal, but West Brom still paid 3 million for him at the end of the loan. That, to me, indicates that his game is not really about scoring goals. Why else would you spend so much money on a player who hasn't scored for you in the preceeding loan?

Compelling points. I'm certainly not going to judge him by his time at CUSA since they have been a hot mess organizationally. He might be the type of guy who can once in a while do something special, I'll take that for now.

Pookie
05-09-2014, 08:25 AM
The promising thing with Moore is that he has played his career relatively injury free. Assets that sit in the press box aren't assets.

Trades within MLS are a funny thing. When players move for other players, it is usually like for like since they are all part of the developmental model. This one is interesting as it is an International moving. Let's hope TFC got the better of this one and they see something in him that Colorado didn't.

MartinUtd
05-09-2014, 08:46 AM
So is he like a poorer mans Emile Heskey?

defensor
05-09-2014, 09:11 AM
what type of player he is?
what I thought right away was another forward, really? Lots of forwards already, maybe the cap space could be better used for a decent midfielder
Could be a good trade, would need to see him play before I know. West Ham has spent lot's of money in somewhat stupid ways so I wouldn't really judge him on that
I know the name and if I remember correctly he is decent but is another forward what we need right now?

Canary10
05-09-2014, 09:14 AM
what I thought right away was another forward, really? Lots of forwards already, maybe the cap space could be better used for a decent midfielder
Could be a good trade, would need to see him play before I know. West Ham has spent lot's of money in somewhat stupid ways so I wouldn't really judge him on that
I know the name and if I remember correctly he is decent but is another forward what we need right now?

West Ham? What do they have to do with him?

defensor
05-09-2014, 09:20 AM
West Ham? What do they have to do with him?
my bad, I misread, clearly it was West Brom I skim everything so sometimes that happens. anyway, does anyone know what this guy is known for as a player, or anything about his game?

Detroit_TFC
05-09-2014, 09:30 AM
Per Ives - USMNT winger Demarcus Beasley looking to move back to MLS from Puebla after the WC. Very likely this will go through the allocation, and there might be several teams interested in him. Might be an opportunity for Tim B to make a deal.

TFC1154ever
05-09-2014, 11:30 AM
I think still think we need a good cm as are depth there isn't very good with bekker and Hall.

Initial B
05-09-2014, 01:22 PM
I think still think we need a good cm as are depth there isn't very good with bekker and Hall.
I think that will be taken care of when we get Laba back from the Caps for next season.

jloome
05-09-2014, 02:22 PM

Villa, not West Ham.

He was a very speedy forward as an U21 international but the curse of BMO seemed to h it him professionally. Never was able to find space and struggled with some injuries; he can finish, but he needs good looks, and even it's sort of 50/50. When he played us as a youngster he was in a disicplined premiership system, so he got open looks and torched us for a hat-trick. But he never managed to repeat that against premiership level defences, and with a lost step or two after seven years, he won't have the speed advantage in MLS.

Think Wiedeman, but a little smarter footballer with a little less worth ethic.

ag futbol
05-09-2014, 02:30 PM

I thought we were well past the point where we lined guys up by their prior club association (not even taking into account performance at those clubs).

If this is what mattered, Rohan Rickets would be playing on the left, Eckersley would still be here, and Robert would be playing next to Bradley.

How do you ignore what has happened recently in this league in favor of old associations by clubs who no longer want the player in question?

OgtheDim
05-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Our current strikers

Defoe
Gilberto
DeRo
Weideman
Moore
Dike

Our CD Depth

Caldwell
Henry
Orr
Hagglund
Richter

That's the calculus here.

mastermixer
05-09-2014, 03:11 PM

I think we are lacking on the wing. We need that position to be able to get the ball to our strikers, who are both million dollar DP's. So far this year, they haven't been very successful.

Greatest Ripoff
05-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Hopefully the freed up spot at CB can be filled by Roubos.

jloome
05-09-2014, 04:45 PM
I thought we were well past the point where we lined guys up by their prior club association (not even taking into account performance at those clubs).

If this is what mattered, Rohan Rickets would be playing on the left, Eckersley would still be here, and Robert would be playing next to Bradley.

How do you ignore what has happened recently in this league in favor of old associations by clubs who no longer want the player in question?

Good point.

Meanwhile (not that we could ever afford it unless he was feeling generous) Julio Cesar says he's open to a PERMANENT stay in Toronto.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/worldcup/2014/news/article/2014/05/09/world-cup-jermain-defoe-expects-call-england-toronto-fcs-michael-bradley-jul

Pint
05-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Good point.

Meanwhile (not that we could ever afford it unless he was feeling generous) Julio Cesar says he's open to a PERMANENT stay in Toronto.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/worldcup/2014/news/article/2014/05/09/world-cup-jermain-defoe-expects-call-england-toronto-fcs-michael-bradley-jul

Only way it happens is if he is open to playing on 150k because he enjoys his time here and has made a ton of money already.

Who knows if he fully understand the pay constraints that the league has in place

molenshtain
05-09-2014, 05:00 PM
Only way it happens is if he is open to playing on 150k because he enjoys his time here and has made a ton of money already.

Who knows if he fully understand the pay constraints that the league has in place

Or if the CBA gets opened up next year to allow a fourth DP.

burlington Red
05-09-2014, 05:26 PM

would you want to use a DP spot for a keeper.

molenshtain
05-09-2014, 05:27 PM
would you want to use a DP spot for a keeper.

Me personally? probably not. But I'm sure management could justify it to themselves.

T-boy
05-09-2014, 05:41 PM

I agree about not judging a player by their past, but I was also trying to thoughtfully answer somebody who was suggesting that Moore was much less skillful than Dike.

Pint
05-09-2014, 07:30 PM

Love Cesar but in this league no goaltender is worth a DP slot. If a new 4th DP slot opens up it would be laba coming back or maybe ownership opening their pockets again and bringing in a CM or winger for that slot.

Detroit_TFC
05-10-2014, 07:45 AM
I think that was JC's way of saying that his time at TFC wasn't a waste. There are a number of top teams worldwide that have GK needs and especially if Brazil goes to the WC final or wins, his agent is going to get calls. It's not credible to think he will wave those offers away.

Pint
05-10-2014, 09:12 AM
very well could just be a compliment that he enjoyed his time but without knowing the question that was asked that provoked the response.

only armen would know

Ivy
05-10-2014, 10:17 AM
I'll agree with those above.

Im sure he would be open to a stay here, if you're willing to give him Big Bloody Deal type money.

Other than that, he's just complimenting the city, supporters, and team.

ryan
05-10-2014, 01:51 PM
I also agree.

I personally have no issue with Bendik as our first team keeper, considering the MLS salary structure and overall skill level, so I think it would be wasteful to spend further on the position. Even more wasteful when you consider where we are lacking, despite our terrible amount of goals given up over the years, I've never really felt it was a GK issue.

Ivy
05-10-2014, 05:10 PM
I said this when JC was announced. It's great and all cuz it's JC, but I would and still don't have any issue with Bendik being our main.

jazzy
05-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Our current strikers

Defoe
Gilberto
DeRo
Weideman
Moore
Dike

Our CD Depth

Caldwell
Henry
Orr
Hagglund
Richter

That's the calculus here.

Bloom?

brad
05-10-2014, 08:52 PM

Considering he wouldn't take a pay cut to go to Arsenal last summer - I wouldn't expect him to do so here.

OgtheDim
05-10-2014, 09:45 PM
Bloom?

He's a RB. Not involved in figuring out if a trade of Agboss for Morrow is worth it.

LFC8
05-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Just got word from a source that Defoe hasn't made the England squad. Good news for TFC

mowe
05-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Just got word from a source that Defoe hasn't made the England squad. Good news for TFC

Really? Thought he was a lock for the 30-man squad. Good news for TFC indeed.

themodelcitizen
05-11-2014, 06:25 PM
A source? You mean the MLSsoccer.com story from yesterday?

LFC8
05-11-2014, 07:09 PM
Really? Thought he was a lock for the 30-man squad. Good news for TFC indeed.

Well, only 23 actually go to Brazil. Don't know if he's on the stand-by list but i would guess that he is.

Hamilton_Red
05-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Why not pay him a million a year to do Portugese highlites for TFc...abd $150k to ge the keeper?

Red CB Toronto
05-11-2014, 07:23 PM
It is not standby list, you name a 30 man provisional roster and if you do, u make cuts down to 23 on June 2. So Defoe would most likely play in some of England's pre-World Cup Friendlies. If you run into an injury problem prior and get official approval for a replacement they actually do not have to come from the 30 man roster you initially announced.

OgtheDim
05-11-2014, 07:26 PM
Except a few teams are naming the 23 now, along with the taxi squad of 7. Defoe on the reserve 7 would not surprise me.

LFC8
05-11-2014, 07:31 PM
It is not standby list, you name a 30 man provisional roster and if you do, u make cuts down to 23 on June 2. So Defoe would most likely play in some of England's pre-World Cup Friendlies. If you run into an injury problem prior and get official approval for a replacement they actually do not have to come from the 30 man roster you initially announced.

England are naming their 23 man squad tomorrow though....but yes, there is still a chance he could end up going if there's an injury.

mcolvy
05-11-2014, 08:21 PM

okayyy.....

T-boy
05-11-2014, 09:07 PM
England are naming their 23 man squad tomorrow though....but yes, there is still a chance he could end up going if there's an injury.

correct Hodgson is naming his 23 tomorrow, and also a list of 7 "stand by" players. Defoe is likely to be on the stand by list, so if there is an injury to a striker, he may still go to the world cup. Seeing that Sturridge and Rooney have both had injuries this season on and off, there is still some chance that Defoe will go.

Red CB Toronto
05-11-2014, 09:18 PM
correct Hodgson is naming his 23 tomorrow, and also a list of 7 "stand by" players. Defoe is likely to be on the stand by list, so if there is an injury to a striker, he may still go to the world cup. Seeing that Sturridge and Rooney have both had injuries this season on and off, there is still some chance that Defoe will go.

So will the 7 extra players on the provisional list be going to pre-World Cup camp as there will be a number of friendlies beforehand? Juergen is taking all 30 of the provisional roster to the US camp.

jazzy
05-11-2014, 09:30 PM
He's a RB. Not involved in figuring out if a trade of Agboss for Morrow is worth it.

yes my bad although , misread misunderstood , btw Weideman is certainly not an effective striker at any cost , my opinion , and Dike is not available basically all this year . So we are basically without any threats up front (again) during the world cup . And seeing how ineffective Gilberto is/may be , We need someone with experience for the world cup duration . Whether or not Moore works out , we need someone . Weideman isn't that option .

Ivy
05-12-2014, 01:19 AM
Interesting...
Just out of curiosity, you have sources within the England camp?

gracos
05-12-2014, 06:41 AM
I wonder would it be possible for future considerations for TFC(Laba) have a glimpse at Reo-Coker and Bradley in the midfield, seems to not have had a great time in Vancouver; wonder if it would work here

Yohan
05-12-2014, 06:55 AM
I wonder would it be possible for future considerations for TFC(Laba) have a glimpse at Reo-Coker and Bradley in the midfield, seems to not have had a great time in Vancouver; wonder if it would work here
Reo-Coker is nowhere as good as Laba, plus he is on a huge wage.

Speaking of Laba, this article is killing me
http://www.rednationonline.ca/Articles2014/LabathrivinginVancouver.aspx

Villa TFC
05-12-2014, 07:08 AM
The Guardian is reporting that Defoe is on the standby list, as surmised by many above.

The standby list, part II
Our understanding is that these are the seven names on Hodgson's standby list, each of them trying to be a good person but still secretly praying to the God of Hamstring Strains and Groin Twangs for a little help:

Andy Carroll (West Ham)
John Stones (Everton)
John Ruddy (Norwich)
Jermain Defoe (Toronto)
Michael Carrick (Man Utd)
Tom Cleverley (Man Utd)
John Flanagan (Liverpool)

All of which looks to me to be good news for Rickie Lambert, Ben Foster and a few others

brad
05-12-2014, 07:53 AM
Reo-Coker is nowhere as good as Laba, plus he is on a huge wage.

Speaking of Laba, this article is killing me
http://www.rednationonline.ca/Articles2014/LabathrivinginVancouver.aspx

That article lost me here...In no world are we better off with passing on Bradley to keep Laba.

How both teams do over those weeks will not only be crucial with regard to whether or not either or both make the postseason this year, they will also answer the question of whether or not Toronto would have been better off just keeping Laba rather than signing the U.S. International at his expense, especially during a World Cup year.