PDA

View Full Version : TFC 2014 In-Season player moves/speculation/rumours/etc. thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

RealG-TFC
07-26-2014, 09:03 AM
Probably one of the best places he could have gone. It appears Portugal plays a huge role in developing star offensive talent. Let's hope he becomes the striker Canada desperately needs.

On a completely different note I was wondering what we do if we cannot get Laba back next year. Do we sign another young dp, would that be where Piccolomo comes in?

Dub Narcotic
07-26-2014, 12:48 PM
I imagine this is to get him playing time throughout the winter rather than with a view to selling him

Red CB Toronto
07-27-2014, 01:06 AM
Did you consider his time in Wilmington is probably a major reason why he looked so great yesterday?

I don't see an issue. He's doing very well in USL with 5 goals and a number of assists in 11 games, but that's not tearing the league a new one either. I don't even know if there's that much of a quality gap between USL and NASL. Leave well enough alone for now.

An example of a player who truly ripped USL Pro a new one after getting loaned by his MLS club was Dom Dwyer who scored 15 goals in 13 games before being recalled by KC. On a serious note the USL Pro has its flaws but getting some of our younger players every day minutes for a stretch has been great. The long term goal of actually having a TFC 2 team in USL Pro that will be integrated into the team setup will take the development even further.

reggie
07-27-2014, 01:17 AM
maybe they can send Jackson down to see if he can hit the side of a barn....jezzz

Red CB Toronto
07-28-2014, 06:08 AM
Having just ended his time in Thailand and having new perspective on life with the birth of his first child, I am thinking it would be great to have one of my favourite Reds of all time Rohan Ricketts rejoin the squad.

C.Ronaldo
07-28-2014, 09:41 AM
I imagine this is to get him playing time throughout the winter rather than with a view to selling him

wow, an FO that cares about player development. Unreal!

too bad he wont be there for beach season. (this is clearly why i am not a professional footballer, much too easily distracted)

notthesun
07-28-2014, 12:23 PM
Bright Dike is back in training as per his twitter (https://twitter.com/bbright19/status/493803910608744448).

Looks right on schedule for that August return. Interesting scenario if he comes back and plays well. We'd have Defoe starting, with Moore and Dike competing for a starting role and the other being first off the bench. Leaving Gilberto, a DP forward, as 4th string.

I truly cannot see Gilberto returning next year without a miraculous turn of form.

Joe Kool
07-28-2014, 12:29 PM
Bright Dike is back in training as per his twitter (https://twitter.com/bbright19/status/493803910608744448).

Looks right on schedule for that August return. Interesting scenario if he comes back and plays well. We'd have Defoe starting, with Moore and Dike competing for a starting role and the other being first off the bench. Leaving Gilberto, a DP forward, as 4th string.

I truly cannot see Gilberto returning next year without a miraculous turn of form.

I wouldn't want to gamble on Dike. I can see him being injury prone still when he returns since he has not had a very long string of games without an injury...plus you are never 100% when getting these long term injuries. I also don't see that Gilberto would ever be 4th string in my opinion. Luke Moore is doing a good job challenging for starting time but the only reason Gilberto is not starting regularly could be due to them being careful that the hip flexor issue doesn't flare up again. I bet once he is injury free he has to be able to start with Defoe or he shouldn't be a DP.

Pint
07-28-2014, 12:31 PM
For me Gilberto is better than Moore already. If we could move Gilberto to the wing and have Dike play with Defoe up top i think we would have a hell of an attack.

Bloom - Caldwell - Henry - Morrow
Oduro - Warner - Bradley - Gilberto
Defoe - Dike

when all healthy

notthesun
07-28-2014, 12:32 PM
I wouldn't want to gamble on Dike. I can see him being injury prone still when he returns since he has not had a very long string of games without an injury...plus you are never 100% when getting these long term injuries. I also don't see that Gilberto would ever be 4th string in my opinion. Luke Moore is doing a good job challenging for starting time but the only reason Gilberto is not starting regularly could be due to them being careful that the hip flexor issue doesn't flare up again. I bet once he is injury free he has to be able to start with Defoe or he shouldn't be a DP.

Gilberto's not injured. Nelsen would say so if he was. Moore is being picked over Gilberto based on performance.

KGH
07-28-2014, 12:37 PM
For me Gilberto is better than Moore already. If we could move Gilberto to the wing and have Dike play with Defoe up top i think we would have a hell of an attack.

Bloom - Caldwell - Henry - Morrow
Oduro - Warner - Bradley - Gilberto
Defoe - Dike

when all healthy

I was thinking this should be the way to go. Most people in 127 know my opinion about "black hole" jackson. Gilberto on the left cutting back to his right foot would be pretty dangerous.

Graeme
07-28-2014, 12:43 PM
Gilberto's not injured. Nelsen would say so if he was. Moore is being picked over Gilberto based on performance.

He was re-injured during the New York game and Nelsen said so.

notthesun
07-28-2014, 12:53 PM
He was re-injured during the New York game and Nelsen said so.

Yes... which was a month ago. He's played and started a bunch since then. Every time Defoe & Moore are both available, they start ahead of him. He's been injury-free for 3 weeks now. Nelsen is a player's coach, if Gilberto was still hurt he'd be the first to tell us in order to deflect some of the criticism towards him. But he's not hurt.

Canary10
07-28-2014, 12:54 PM
I was thinking this should be the way to go. Most people in 127 know my opinion about "black hole" jackson. Gilberto on the left cutting back to his right foot would be pretty dangerous.

Although Jackson has more goals than Gilberto, and doesn't even play up front.

Supporting
07-28-2014, 01:07 PM

I don't get the Jackson hate. He plays great defensively and has a fair amount of goals. He makes great runs, could use a little work on his finishing, but always seems be in the right place at the right time.

moralis
07-28-2014, 01:09 PM
I would rather have an attacking midfielder like Pedro Morales then Gilberto. TFC already have Defoe, Luke Moore, Dike and Wiedeman.

C.Ronaldo
07-28-2014, 01:39 PM
If Dike is coming back

Im happy to trade in gilberto for an attacking mid /winger or a DP CB to teach the young guns

Phil
07-28-2014, 01:44 PM
Wow, I didn't actually expect him to go on loan in Europe anytime soon.

I never would have thought it would happen that way, but props for calling it. Its nice to see such advancement and recognician of talent in players. I hope he does well and uses the experience to his advancement!

ag futbol
07-28-2014, 02:02 PM
I would rather have an attacking midfielder like Pedro Morales then Gilberto. TFC already have Defoe, Luke Moore, Dike and Wiedeman.
Well none of those are exactly inspiring outside of Defoe. Dike is great, but his chances of staying healthy are not.

Although I agree with the general premise that we need to work on the service our strikers get rather than simply the strikers themselves. Nelsen is addicted to the pully system and just never plays an AM.

Defoe
07-28-2014, 02:13 PM
I could see Gilberto joining Orlando city, but I'm not favouring that type of move just yet. If we were to get a big time CB or playmaking midfielder or just an upgrade overall, then yes sure... but that upgrade has to be their.

KGH
07-28-2014, 04:21 PM
I don't get the Jackson hate. He plays great defensively and has a fair amount of goals. He makes great runs, could use a little work on his finishing, but always seems be in the right place at the right time.

You've watched Jackson play right? 9 times out of 10 when the ball goes to him he turns it over. He works hard yes. Makes great runs yes. But his touch is just awful and he's a red card waiting to happen every game.

Joe Kool
07-28-2014, 05:03 PM
Barrett worked very hard every game too. Used to be pretty good at breaking up attempts defensively as well. Eventually just hard work without results doesn't get you too far. The missed chances is what killed us with him and the same could be said for Jackson although he hasn't had the time Barrett had with TFC yet.

Pint
07-28-2014, 05:07 PM
Ronaldinho is out of contract.... Just saying

Burning Red
07-28-2014, 06:26 PM
I see your points about Jackson's down sides, yes. However, the man is also scoring goals. After Defoe, we need all we can get in secondary scoring. Jackson is perceived as an accident waiting to happen quite often because he plays a two way game; he defends and attacks as well. I think with some proper coaching he can calm his game down just a bit and be a great two way player without the cough ups and tackling problems.

This team needs to stop the revolving door of wingers and recognize we that the wide players we have are not that bad. Jackson should not be traded, we need to keep what wingers we have and develop them. Get some stability out wide and calm that area down in terms of personnel, especially now that we have a glut of central mids.

portu
07-28-2014, 07:36 PM
Nothing is wrong with Jackson he is not a winger he is a wide midfielder no one should expect him to put away more than 1/4 chances.

On the other hand I like the idea of Ronaldinho on 300k.

flamehawk
07-28-2014, 07:48 PM
Nothing is wrong with Jackson he is not a winger he is a wide midfielder no one should expect him to put away more than 1/4 chances.

On the other hand I like the idea of Ronaldinho on 300k.

Any idea how much he was getting paid in Brazil?

Areathrasher
07-28-2014, 08:42 PM
Ronaldinho is supposedly close to signing for Boca to replace Riquelme.

Anyways, he is passed it.

portu
07-28-2014, 11:07 PM
Any idea how much he was getting paid in Brazil? 1 mil a year

Morlesio14
07-29-2014, 12:06 AM
I wonder which CB's we can look into

portu
07-29-2014, 03:15 AM
Ronaldinho is supposedly close to signing for Boca to replace Riquelme.

Anyways, he is passed it.

Doesn't mean he can't do a job. Plus he's also linked with the A-League, Beskitas, Galatasaray and Stoke. This is Gaucho who knows where he'll end up.

Defoe
07-30-2014, 11:30 AM
Kljestan rumoured to be heading to the galaxy, huge pick up if this goes through he's a very good playmaker

portu
07-30-2014, 12:41 PM
Kljestan rumoured to be heading to the galaxy, huge pick up if this goes through he's a very good playmaker

They already have 3 Dps unless Kljestan comes on a Reo-Coker type deal.

Also wouldn't they have to make room via trade? Juninho on the block?

molenshtain
07-30-2014, 01:37 PM
They already have 3 Dps unless Kljestan comes on a Reo-Coker type deal.

Also wouldn't they have to make room via trade? Juninho on the block?

They have a ton of allocation. They'd pay him $500k-750k, pay down the first year of his contract then hope to god the new CBA allows for a contract like that and have it not cripple them.

mcolvy
07-30-2014, 03:59 PM
They have a ton of allocation. They'd pay him $500k-750k, pay down the first year of his contract then hope to god the new CBA allows for a contract like that and have it not cripple them.

Or OMAR is heading elsewhere

Red CB Toronto
07-30-2014, 04:06 PM
TFC announced today that Jordan Hamilton has been recalled from Wilmington and loaned out to a second division side in Portugal, CD Trofense.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2014/07/tfc-loan-hamilton-cd-trofense

notthesun
07-30-2014, 04:17 PM
TFC announced today that Jordan Hamilton has been recalled from Wilmington and loaned out to a second division side in Portugal, CD Trofense.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2014/07/tfc-loan-hamilton-cd-trofense

I share similar concerns with Rollins about this. Look at the quality of the stadium.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt0PWttCAAE9atl.jpg

I'm sure the level of play in the Portuguese 2nd division is above USL-Pro, and in that sense it's good for his development. I kept my mouth shut when news of this came out, but I have to say I'm worried we might be jumping the gun. Hamilton was in a good place in Wilmington. I hope the TFC front office took a serious look at this destination.

WestStandGeoff
07-30-2014, 04:41 PM
I share similar concerns with Rollins about this. Look at the quality of the stadium.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt0PWttCAAE9atl.jpg

I'm sure the level of play in the Portuguese 2nd division is above USL-Pro, and in that sense it's good for his development. I kept my mouth shut when news of this came out, but I have to say I'm worried we might be jumping the gun. Hamilton was in a good place in Wilmington. I hope the TFC front office took a serious look at this destination.

I don't think that's the stadium... maybe some practice facility? A quick image search for "Estadio do Clube Desportivo Trofense" shows me the stadium looks more like this, which aligns with the fact that major renos took place in 2008 when they were promoted to the 1st division:

http://www.footballzz.co.uk/img/estadios/888/135888_ori_estadio_clube_desportivo_trofense.jpg

notthesun
07-30-2014, 04:50 PM
I hope that's the case. Hopefully this works out in the end.

nonc
07-31-2014, 11:18 AM
rofl you and Rollins, heaven forbid the club has no twitter followers and a practice fence is mangled, let's just forget the superior league quality. I think that challenge will do more good for Hamilton's development than a fence will do bad.....

jloome
07-31-2014, 11:25 AM
I hope that's the case. Hopefully this works out in the end.

They're handling him the way top Euro clubs have handled talent for decades, by loaning them to a place that will be competitive and at a closer level to their home club.

The difference between Portugal's first and second divisions, barring three or four top clubs at any given time, is not that great. It's well better than Wilmington and he'll learn more playing there.

reggie
07-31-2014, 12:06 PM
when a player goes on loan is there any allo coming back?

razor787
07-31-2014, 12:12 PM
I believe it just opens up some salay cap room, which won't be much in this case

Red I
07-31-2014, 12:27 PM
I believe it just opens up some salay cap room, which won't be much in this case No, there is no cap relief for loans, but it wouldn't matter anyways - as a Homegrown, Hamilton would not count against the cap.

I believe the reason that loans do not provide cap relief is that it would be too easy to circumvent the cap at any time as loans can occur throughout the year - i believe Montero's loan to Sporting in Portugal was not a cap relief, nor Valdes loan to Colombia... who knows though with MLS's rules

portu
07-31-2014, 07:52 PM
So uhh Hamilton has a 2 million dollar purchase clause in his loan. Trofense wouldn't be able to afford it unless they were promoted but DAAAMN thats a lot for a guy who just signed his first pro contract.

Pint
07-31-2014, 08:04 PM
Doubt it gets exercised but would be a hell of an achievement for Hamilton. Also I hope the FO structured it so we would keep some of any sell on because the more I see of Hamilton the more I see a future big time striker.

ag futbol
07-31-2014, 09:15 PM
So uhh Hamilton has a 2 million dollar purchase clause in his loan. Trofense wouldn't be able to afford it unless they were promoted but DAAAMN thats a lot for a guy who just signed his first pro contract.
Maybe it's not Trofense that would use it. Portugal has some of the shrewdest evaluators of talent anywhere, perhaps this is just their away of getting a closer look without tipping their hand?

notthesun
07-31-2014, 09:25 PM
Pretty expensive for an 18 year old Canadian so I don't think there's a real danger of losing him... in theory.

portu
07-31-2014, 10:20 PM
Maybe it's not Trofense that would use it. Portugal has some of the shrewdest evaluators of talent anywhere, perhaps this is just their away of getting a closer look without tipping their hand?

I'm not so sure I think this is more of a business orientated thing. A club like Trofense won't have that type of money to buy him without being promoted and lets keep in mind that clubs in Portugals first tier aren't so poor. They'll have 1.5 or 2 million euros to throw around in the window.

Generally the clubs spend that money on young players that have potential to be sold to the big 4 in portugal (Braga, Benfica, Sporting and Porto) or abroad (usually spain).

So, under that generalization it can be assumed that they see him as a player with potential on an extremely low salary. If Hamilton shows well but doesn't score goals and Trofense get promoted I'd expect him to be gone to Portugal for around the aforementioned fee with Trofense having first right to refusal.

I think your right about them wanting to see him up close but not for development purposes. Its more about making profit for all Portuguese clubs.

ag futbol
07-31-2014, 10:26 PM
I'm not so sure I think this is more of a business orientated thing. A club like Trofense won't have that type of money to buy him without being promoted and lets keep in mind that clubs in Portugals first tier aren't so poor. They'll have 1.5 or 2 million euros to throw around in the window.

Generally the clubs spend that money on young players that have potential to be sold to the big 4 in portugal (Braga, Benfica, Sporting and Porto) or abroad (usually spain).

So, under that generalization it can be assumed that they see him as a player with potential on an extremely low salary. If Hamilton shows well but doesn't score goals and Trofense get promoted I'd expect him to be gone to Portugal for around the aforementioned fee with Trofense having first right to refusal.

I think your right about them wanting to see him up close but not for development purposes. Its more about making profit for all Portuguese clubs.
Fair enough. To clarify, when I was referring to a club that might want to purchase, wasn't refering to Trofense (just speculating here, I have no inside info).

portu
07-31-2014, 10:30 PM
Fair enough. To clarify, when I was referring to a club that might want to purchase, wasn't refering to Trofense (just speculating here, I have no inside info).

Aha I think you are right in that Trofense might not be the club looking to buy though lots of scouts all over portuguese leagues.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Anybody on trial still? Think we will make a last minute signing before Weds?

C.Ronaldo
08-05-2014, 10:07 AM
rofl you and Rollins, heaven forbid the club has no twitter followers and a practice fence is mangled, let's just forget the superior league quality. I think that challenge will do more good for Hamilton's development than a fence will do bad.....

everything looks old in portugal.

you dont fix things when you cant afford to pay your bills.

dantdot
08-05-2014, 02:19 PM
An actual transfer rumor...

http://www.wakingthered.com/2014/8/5/5971937/toronto-fc-reportedly-chasing-kazim-richards

portu
08-05-2014, 02:26 PM

http://www.wakingthered.com/2014/8/5/5971937/toronto-fc-reportedly-chasing-kazim-richards

I just don't understand this move if it goes through we don't need another inverted winger or top level forward.

If anything I was expecting us to be linked with a centerback or out-and-out left midfielder.

Ultra & Proud
08-05-2014, 03:48 PM
If anything I was expecting us to be linked with a centerback or out-and-out left midfielder.
I was hoping so too but realistically, within MLS anyway, this is when you end up with the Iros and Graffits of the world on your roster.

ag futbol
08-05-2014, 07:13 PM

Yuck, no thanks!

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-05-2014, 08:28 PM
idk, I feel like we need another attacker. I'd like a flying winger, but they seem like a dying breed.

Morlesio14
08-06-2014, 12:04 AM
Eh mabye kazim can play LM

OgtheDim
08-06-2014, 06:07 AM
The report might be agent smoke blowing.

xibonda
08-06-2014, 08:19 AM
hi guys, i'm from Trofa, Porto, Portugal and i'm a Trofense supporter. sorry for any mistake in my english.

if you want follow jordan hamilton's development the best way is make a like in official facebook account of Trofense.
https://www.facebook.com/TROFENSE?ref=ts&fref=ts

or follow me in my twitter account, i will start twitt about trofense stuff. trofense don´t have any official account in twitter.
https://twitter.com/trofense1930

later I'll talk a little more about soccer team and is conditions

this is our stadium
http://www.europlan-online.de/est%25e1dio-do-clube-desportivo-trofense/verein/3350

and this is our training camp
http://www.cdtrofense.pt/images/complexo/comp%20Desp%20CDT1.jpg

jordan hamilton with cdtrofense shirt
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nYgUmG4EqMU/U9vP1wRM7TI/AAAAAAAAMbY/wNYIABgzLwg/s1600/Jordan+Hamilton.jpg

portu
08-06-2014, 08:36 AM
Transfer Watch:

Definetly looks like Kazim isn't coming a brief check of his twitter shows him referencing his contract in a rather negative manner.

https://twitter.com/colin_kazim08/status/496414141352255489

and

https://twitter.com/colin_kazim08/status/496551655979352064

Think his club is blocking the move.

BuSaPuNk
08-06-2014, 09:46 AM
With Dike on the mend and possibly returning an attacking option would be silly.

Not knowing how long Caldwell might be out its tough as we have depth in the back but Nelsen is reluctant to play Morgan.

Between him and Orr we should be okay. Henry and Hagglund playing CB and Morrow and Crevalle playing wingback.

We have options on the bench I wouldn't want us to go out and spend on a new player unless its a upgrade on what we have. ie a solid CB either in the league or bringing someone in.

mowe
08-06-2014, 10:08 AM
hi guys, i'm from Trofa, Porto, Portugal and i'm a Trofense supporter. sorry for any mistake in my english.

if you want follow jordan hamilton's development the best way is make a like in official facebook account of Trofense.
https://www.facebook.com/TROFENSE?ref=ts&fref=ts

or follow me in my twitter account, i will start twitt about trofense stuff. trofense don´t have any official account in twitter.
https://twitter.com/trofense1930

Thanks! I'll definitely be following your twitter.

xibonda
08-06-2014, 10:54 AM
Thanks! I'll definitely be following your twitter.

thanks mate

Morlesio14
08-06-2014, 10:56 AM
A cb would be nice

T-boy
08-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Yuck, no thanks!

Why yuk?

He's always played at a higher level than the MLS (I would say). He would be an upgrade over Jackson. I think he would be fairly good in the MLS. I would say his career has been slightly better than Luke Moore, who has been relatively successful here so far.

notthesun
08-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Armen: (https://twitter.com/ArmenBedakian/status/497057374663102465) Ryan Nelsen says there's no truth to reports out of Turkey that Colin Kazim-Richards is coming to Toronto FC. #TFC #MLS

Nelsen rarely flat out denies rumors so I think it's safe to say this isn't happening.

Yohan
08-06-2014, 12:13 PM
I was hoping for a veteran CB this summer transfer window. Lots of idiotic mistakes on the backline without Caldwell to direct defence. I don't think Hagglund and Henry are ready for that role yet. And Caldwell is almost ready for retirement.

QBall
08-06-2014, 12:16 PM

He has been with nine different clubs over the past ten years since making his debut for Bury with his longest stay at a single club being four seasons at Fenerbache.

Wow, does he even bother unpacking his suitcase?

dantdot
08-06-2014, 04:32 PM
So much for the transfer window. Can still sign out of contract players and make trades until Sept. 15, however.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-06-2014, 05:32 PM
what time does the window close? shocked we've been so quiet lately. I feel like we're a piece or two away from doing some real damage in the playoffs.

Detroit_TFC
08-06-2014, 06:16 PM
So, Bez said there was cap space to bring in someone in this window. Since he didn't find anybody worth signing (or tried too and didn't happen), does this mean we're likely to see a loan player come in after all the Euro moves shake out?

Yohan
08-06-2014, 06:18 PM
So, Bez said there was cap space to bring in someone in this window. Since he didn't find anybody worth signing (or tried too and didn't happen), does this mean we're likely to see a loan player come in after all the Euro moves shake out?
free agents only

Detroit_TFC
08-06-2014, 06:38 PM
free agents only yes, I shouldn't have said loaned players.

ag futbol
08-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Why yuk?

He's always played at a higher level than the MLS (I would say). He would be an upgrade over Jackson. I think he would be fairly good in the MLS. I would say his career has been slightly better than Luke Moore, who has been relatively successful here so far.
We need a winger who uses his brain more than his athleticism. This isn't the place we'll find that. Our forwards chew out Oduro/Jackson at least 2-3 times a game for missing obvious passes into space, rather than trying to force it into a players feet. It's extremely frustrating to watch.

I don't particularly rate Moore TBH. We are kidding ourselves with that one if we think it's taking is places.

prizby
08-07-2014, 10:26 AM
and this is our training camp
http://www.cdtrofense.pt/images/complexo/comp%20Desp%20CDT1.jpg

wow...actually looks really nice from above...do you have any idea, whether this is just a simple loan deal or whether there will be some sort of relationship between the 2 clubs going forward?

T-boy
08-07-2014, 11:51 AM
We need a winger who uses his brain more than his athleticism. This isn't the place we'll find that. Our forwards chew out Oduro/Jackson at least 2-3 times a game for missing obvious passes into space, rather than trying to force it into a players feet. It's extremely frustrating to watch.

I don't particularly rate Moore TBH. We are kidding ourselves with that one if we think it's taking is places.

I agree our current wide men sometimes make bad judgments - but that's an issue with the whole league when you have DP players playing with much lesser quality. Defoe is always going to chew out our wingers until we have Bale and Lennon giving him crosses!

xibonda
08-07-2014, 01:56 PM
wow...actually looks really nice from above...do you have any idea, whether this is just a simple loan deal or whether there will be some sort of relationship between the 2 clubs going forward?

more pictures:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OCDHqD6fhCI/Tq1YTfWFNoI/AAAAAAAAC3k/RmV8WtlgOHI/s1600/30102011396.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-TabFm9FuRF4/T29c-Xyg6gI/AAAAAAAAE8M/kRsLzqtr5Rc/s1600/JUVENIS4.JPG
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_INww0cWuXbE/TU268ymkfnI/AAAAAAAAC34/J4lGmyIUsys/s1600/P2010087.JPG
https://soutrofense.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/p22000141.jpg

i think it will be a partnership for a few years. Trofense search for new markets and Toronto is a very nice partner.

if you want know more follow me in twitter: https://twitter.com/trofense1930

or make a like in official facebook account of Trofense: https://www.facebook.com/TROFENSE?fref=ts

Kaz
08-07-2014, 02:33 PM
According to their facebook it is more of a partnership..

Momentos da parceria estabelecida entre o C.D.Trofense e o Toronto F.C.

Visita do Diretor do Toronto, Corey Wray, às instalações do Trofense, troca de camisolas entre os responsáveis dos clubes, assinatura do contrato de empréstimo de Jordan Hamilton e oficialização da contratação do avançado canadiano. (4 photos) (https://www.facebook.com/TROFENSE/posts/690424347695162)Moments of the partnership established between the C.D.Trofense and the Toronto F.C.

Visit of Director of Toronto, Corey Wray, Trofense installations, exchange of jerseys between those in charge of clubs, signing of the loan contract from Jordan Hamilton and officialization of the hiring of the Canadian advance.

https://www.facebook.com/TROFENSE/posts/690424347695162

OgtheDim
08-07-2014, 03:48 PM
Turf field?

Nice pic of those kids chasing a ball with families in the back sitting in chairs on the rocks.

xibonda
08-07-2014, 04:46 PM
Turf field?

Nice pic of those kids chasing a ball with families in the back sitting in chairs on the rocks.

yes, sintetic.

xibonda
08-07-2014, 04:55 PM

if you want follow CD Trofense in twitter see my page: https://twitter.com/trofense1930

prizby
08-07-2014, 04:59 PM

I saw that, but it doesn't explain much...and I mean the exchange of jersey's...come on...we gave them a jersey that is no longer used by our senior team - wish TFC would have given them our main kit

prizby
08-07-2014, 05:02 PM
more pictures:

i think it will be a partnership for a few years. Trofense search for new markets and Toronto is a very nice partner.

if you want know more follow me in twitter: https://twitter.com/trofense1930

followed...i actually went on google maps to find the facility; not sure what the terrain is, but ur recent pics kind of help; neat little place - not to far from Porto. Do you think Jordan will struggle with a language barrier to start (assuming Jordan doesn't speak Portuguese of course)?

Kaz
08-07-2014, 05:42 PM
I saw that, but it doesn't explain much...and I mean the exchange of jersey's...come on...we gave them a jersey that is no longer used by our senior team - wish TFC would have given them our main kit
Ya.. the guy is a fairly high up TFC guy.. and Europe is known for exaggeration. I just didn't want to rag. :)

xibonda
08-07-2014, 05:58 PM

the trofense's shirt is also the shirt of last season.g:D

in one of previously posts in official Trofense facebook:

"No âmbito da parceria entre o Clube Desportivo Trofense e o Toronto F.C., o avançado Jordan Hamilton reforçará o ataque do Trofense até ao final da época, por empréstimo da equipa canadiana (4º classificado da conferência este da MLS Soccer).

Uma das maiores promessas do futebol canadiano, Jordan Hamilton chega à Trofa através de uma abrangente parceria entre Clubes, que permitirá no futuro um possível intercâmbio de jogadores. O Clube canadiano vê no emblema Trofense uma porta para dar a conhecer os seus jogadores na Europa e para permitir que adquiram no campeonato competitivo da 2ª Liga outras competências e valências. ."

I can conclude that both teams have a partnership and in the future more players of Toronto fc will go to Trofense. Toronto see in Trofense a great oportunity to development of his players and show them to european teams.

xibonda
08-07-2014, 06:26 PM
followed...i actually went on google maps to find the facility; not sure what the terrain is, but ur recent pics kind of help; neat little place - not to far from Porto. Do you think Jordan will struggle with a language barrier to start (assuming Jordan doesn't speak Portuguese of course)?

here is the place of training center:
https://www.google.pt/maps/place/Trofa/@41.3217453,-8.5402869,591m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0xd245e8f1cab54cb:0x5baed6 407aff0e51

yeah, not far from Porto. Trofa is in district of Porto. The distance between Trofense stadium and FCPorto stadium is something like 25km.

i think in the beginning will be hard for Jordan, but we have a very young team and certainly his age not will be a big problem and our coach don't have fear to give time of game for young players. i read in an interview that he gave for a sports newspaper that he liked the city, it's good. portuguese language is hard for beginners , but i think everyone in team can speak a little of english and will be good for Jordan.

reggie
08-07-2014, 06:34 PM
great stuff...thx for the info.

prizby
08-07-2014, 08:12 PM
I can conclude that both teams have a partnership and in the future more players of Toronto fc will go to Trofense. Toronto see in Trofense a great oportunity to development of his players and show them to european teams.

I agree with this assessment - seems like a good place to try to showcase our guys that might have future European aspirations...certainly hope we can help push for top half of the league with our help; maybe we'll loan 1 or 2 guys a year and push for a promotion to the top division!

Are there restrictions on foreign players in the Portuguese league?

xibonda
08-08-2014, 05:06 AM
great stuff...thx for the info.
thanks mate.

xibonda
08-08-2014, 05:27 AM
I agree with this assessment - seems like a good place to try to showcase our guys that might have future European aspirations...certainly hope we can help push for top half of the league with our help; maybe we'll loan 1 or 2 guys a year and push for a promotion to the top division!

Are there restrictions on foreign players in the Portuguese league?

i hope so, but is a very hard challenge.

no, we don´t have any restriction with foreign players, only the B teams.

just for curiosity, in the last year we play against FCPorto for Taça de Portugal in Dragão stadium:
http://desporto.globalnews.pt/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/porto-trofense-1.jpg

and in 2007 we play againt Benfia for the campionship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r1-r26z6ag

C.Ronaldo
08-08-2014, 08:46 AM
here is the place of training center:
https://www.google.pt/maps/place/Trofa/@41.3217453,-8.5402869,591m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0xd245e8f1cab54cb:0x5baed6 407aff0e51

yeah, not far from Porto. Trofa is in district of Porto. The distance between Trofense stadium and FCPorto stadium is something like 25km.

i think in the beginning will be hard for Jordan, but we have a very young team and certainly his age not will be a big problem and our coach don't have fear to give time of game for young players. i read in an interview that he gave for a sports newspaper that he liked the city, it's good. portuguese language is hard for beginners , but i think everyone in team can speak a little of english and will be good for Jordan.

Portuguese is HARD for portuguese canadians!
Luckily he can get by with english, I dont even bother speaking portuguese with younger portuguese people anymore

Detroit_TFC
08-08-2014, 09:35 AM
Sabetti reporting that Tyler Pasher is trialing with Minnesota Utd. Looks like TFC passed on him (again).

xibonda
08-08-2014, 10:03 AM
Portuguese is HARD for portuguese canadians!
Luckily he can get by with english, I dont even bother speaking portuguese with younger portuguese people anymore

yeah, i agree with you. portuguese is a hard language to learn.

but we have in our team many young players and players who already study in high school, of course they can talk a little bit english. will be a great for jordan.

portu
08-08-2014, 02:29 PM
i hope so, but is a very hard challenge.

no, we don´t have any restriction with foreign players, only the B teams.

just for curiosity, in the last year we play against FCPorto for Taça de Portugal in Dragão stadium:
http://desporto.globalnews.pt/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/porto-trofense-1.jpg

and in 2007 we play againt Benfia for the campionship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r1-r26z6ag

I see there is a game against Benfica B coming up do you know if there is any way to watch the games?

xibonda
08-08-2014, 03:07 PM
I see there is a game against Benfica B coming up do you know if there is any way to watch the games?

yeah, the game will be transmiting in Benfica TV, sure you will find a live-streaming for the game.

tomorrow i will put in my twitter: https://twitter.com/trofense1930
a stream time before the game.

it´s better create a jordan thread. g:D

xibonda
08-09-2014, 10:54 AM
if anyone want see the game: http://tvfree.me/ver/benfica-tv-online

OgtheDim
08-09-2014, 11:23 AM
it´s better create a jordan thread. g:D

Agreed.

I like all the information you are providing but its no longer part of player moves.

xibonda
08-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Agreed.

I like all the information you are providing but its no longer part of player moves.

later, i will create a thread.

dantdot
08-09-2014, 12:00 PM
later, i will create a thread.

He created one already http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?36426-Following-Jordan-Hamilton-s-adventure-in-Portugal

xibonda
08-09-2014, 01:41 PM
He created one already http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?36426-Following-Jordan-Hamilton-s-adventure-in-Portugal

thank's mate

flamehawk
08-11-2014, 10:54 AM
Apparently roubos is joining Oregon and kevon black is joining duke. Congrats to them I suppose though was hoping to see them, especially roubos, don a senior tfc kit sooner than four years. I hope we have their commitment to return to the team after

Red CB Toronto
08-11-2014, 11:52 AM
Apparently roubos is joining Oregon and kevon black is joining duke. Congrats to them I suppose though was hoping to see them, especially roubos, don a senior tfc kit sooner than four years. I hope we have their commitment to return to the team after

They can turn pro and sign as a homegrown player with the Reds at anytime. For example Matt Stinson left the academy to attend Winthrop (NCAA) and eventually signed a first team contract the January after his freshman season.

flamehawk
08-11-2014, 12:08 PM
They can turn pro and sign as a homegrown player with the Reds at anytime. For example Matt Stinson left the academy to attend Winthrop (NCAA) and eventually signed a first team contract the January after his freshman season.

Why go in the first place? In case they don't get a senior contract?

Strikers
08-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Apparently roubos is joining Oregon

Interesting move for Eli especially since I heard there were a few teams also in Portugal pushing to sign him. Wondering if he couldn't get dual citizenship quick enough to have that EU passport.

Red CB Toronto
08-11-2014, 04:15 PM
Why go in the first place? In case they don't get a senior contract?
Better to go and begin the process, get in a season and be prepared than sitting around. As with Stinson, you can always change your path/plan at any time.

C.Ronaldo
08-12-2014, 08:42 AM
Interesting move for Eli especially since I heard there were a few teams also in Portugal pushing to sign him. Wondering if he couldn't get dual citizenship quick enough to have that EU passport.

couldnt afford a golden ticket?

LFC_TFC
08-14-2014, 02:11 PM
Not sure if those goes under academy thread or here but looks like one for the future.
http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Crewe-Alexandra-defender-joins-MLS-Toronto/story-22734251-detail/story.html

Maltese Falcon
08-14-2014, 08:52 PM
Not exactly nice words to hear the League One club's director say he's tipped for a great coaching career at the age of 20... what does that say about his ability?

Areathrasher
08-15-2014, 09:22 AM
Not exactly nice words to hear the League One club's director say he's tipped for a great coaching career at the age of 20... what does that say about his ability?

Dario Gradi is a bit of a coaching legend in England, i'd take any compliment he made about me.

Jack
08-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Perhaps that he has a good football mind? That's not a bad thing to have as a player.

kuku
08-16-2014, 06:02 AM
Jan Hagen ‏@PortuBall 1m (https://twitter.com/PortuBall/status/500595698543656960) Brazil goalie Júlio César is in Lisbon to finalize a deal with Benfica.

0bl1vious
08-16-2014, 06:16 AM
I don't see it posted, so I'll leave a mention... Earnshaw signed with Chicago Fire.

(Sorry if belongs in other thread)

Fort York Redcoat
08-16-2014, 06:42 AM
I don't see it posted, so I'll leave a mention... Earnshaw signed with Chicago Fire.

(Sorry if belongs in other thread)

Goes in Former player thread. This be TFC thread. Cheers.

portu
08-18-2014, 10:29 PM
Barca back up keeper Pinto coming to MLS.. cant think of a team that would need/want him right now

EDIT: Here's the tweet via MLS Transfers https://twitter.com/mlstransfers/status/501566220043567104

Ivy
08-19-2014, 12:37 AM
Is he a free agent? Transfer window is closed...

MartinUtd
08-19-2014, 12:51 AM
Geoff Cameron is apparently asking to get out of Stoke. I imagine he wants to stay in Europe though... and he'd have to go through the allocation process if he were to come back to MLS. So never mind, I got nothing.

Yohan
08-19-2014, 02:00 AM
Geoff Cameron is apparently asking to get out of Stoke. I imagine he wants to stay in Europe though... and he'd have to go through the allocation process if he were to come back to MLS. So never mind, I got nothing.
if Cameron meets the super special Yank DP threshold, he doesn't. But I don't think Cameron is big enough name.

he'd be awesome signing though. ball playing CBs don't come by very often

portu
08-19-2014, 02:27 AM
Is he a free agent? Transfer window is closed...

Ya, just had his contract run out at Barca after 6 years... So i guess he's the ex backup keeper.

Update: In New York so probably a NYCFC signing given the form of Robles

C.Ronaldo
08-23-2014, 07:44 AM
does any relatively major signing happen with Tim L on the outs?

Greatest Ripoff
08-23-2014, 07:58 AM
This was posted on a west ham forum by a member who breaks most transfers and news a few days before they are made official aka a very reliable source in English football.

"Re: The summer 2014 Transfer thread and wish list
by THORSHAMMER on Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:08 pm
Defoe is unhappy with the toronto team

A couple teams in the prem are after him"

Has anyone heard anything in Toronto?

Defoe
08-23-2014, 08:38 AM
This was posted on a west ham forum by a member who breaks most transfers and news a few days before they are made official aka a very reliable source in English football.

No, but honestly, I wouldn't be against selling him... I love Defoe but I feel at this stage we would be better of improving 1-11. Gilberto is so fucking good, he can be the best striker in MLS. If we could sell Defoe for 8-10 million then we've done good imo. That's a lot of money of the books and we could sign another Gilberto-esque striker. I would want that money spread out though not just saved. With an extra 30 million you could add 3-4 legit players out of the Brazilian and Argentina league... Imagine getting another striker, another winger that can finish, a new right back and Laba? A 4th DP is possible, and the salary cap could go up quite a bit.

Kaz
08-23-2014, 09:05 AM
Honestly I'd almost be surprised if Bradley and Defoe were here next year. Bradley could be taken by New York (if they have a DP slot and we leave him open) and Defoe I think is less unhappy with the team/league and more the press... though the Brazilians may not be his favourite, Jackson isn't really all that good, and Gilberto and he seems to have had a rocky start.

I'd like to keep them. the only DP i'd not be sad to see go is Bradley. He is good, but right now, our midfield has no identity, their is no consistency no plan. The back four know what to do. The strikers know what to do.

the Midfield gets the ball and flail about. Jackson runs around like it is dribble practice.. Oduro runs full out, beating the defenders.. but beats all of the support too, and he is left holding on the ball while the defenders catch up and support does too.

Bradley generally just hoofs the ball up field, (generally with some accuracy) Bekker just passes the ball to a defender, Warner is a DM not really a ball distributor. Good for the defence though, and Osorio is best as a AM, but can't really fill that role with Bradley in the Central Midfield role. So he is put on a edge where he is less effective. (He still needs to grow a bit)

we need to get that midfield sorted out, and then you will see a happier group of DPs.

mcolvy
08-23-2014, 02:26 PM

That is a pretty large claim, but definitely, for me, not out of the realm of possibility. I mean I like Defoe and his brilliant simplicity in getting the ball in the back of the net, but boy he doesn't hide his bad attitude. All game every game he is waving his hands around giving teammates mouthfuls. Every media scrum he is being short tempered with media and sarcastically rolling his eyes at them. He chews out everyone on the field who ever attempts at goal, waving to them how they should be getting him the ball. I do not think his "I am the show" attitude is conducive to success in this league.

Moreover, he openly is admitting he is playing injured and carrying knocks, which means we don't even get an 100% fit Defoe. I also think it is hard for players who play on good teams in leagues without parity to come to terms with losing a fair share of games, as well as most matches being competitive. How easy it is to lose to the teams at the bottom of the table and it not be a call for the coaches head. He cannot handle playing with players of a lesser calibre and it truly shows out there.

Gilberto is on fire and unless him and Defoe get some chemistry, I don't see why we need both. Gilberto, Moore & Dike is a respectable front line. If Defoe wants to go I say let him.

adam1001
08-23-2014, 02:32 PM
That is a pretty large claim, but definitely, for me, not out of the realm of possibility. I mean I like Defoe and his brilliant simplicity in getting the ball in the back of the net, but boy he doesn't hide his bad attitude. All game every game he is waving his hands around giving teammates mouthfuls. Every media scrum he is being short tempered with media and sarcastically rolling his eyes at them. He chews out everyone on the field who ever attempts at goal, waving to them how they should be getting him the ball. I do not think his "I am the show" attitude is conducive to success in this league.

Moreover, he openly is admitting he is playing injured and carrying knocks, which means we don't even get an 100% fit Defoe. I also think it is hard for players who play on good teams in leagues without parity to come to terms with losing a fair share of games, as well as most matches being competitive. How easy it is to lose to the teams at the bottom of the table and it not be a call for the coaches head. He cannot handle playing with players of a lesser calibre and it truly shows out there.

Gilberto is on fire and unless him and Defoe get some chemistry, I don't see why we need both. Gilberto, Moore & Dike is a respectable front line. If Defoe wants to go I say let him.
The hand waving and gesturing is getting slightly annoying, not going to lie.

Richard
08-23-2014, 02:54 PM

100% agree. I think a transfer is more than ever a possibility now that TL is stepping aside. It wont be permanent this Winter(loan probably), but I can definitely envision one happening next year. Though it still does remain to be seen if an EPL club will pay him the dough. Perhaps if he made the England squad it would be more enticing for that to happen?

mcolvy
08-23-2014, 03:01 PM
100% agree. I think a transfer is more than ever a possibility now that TL is stepping aside. It wont be permanent this Winter(loan probably), but I can definitely envision one happening next year. Though it still does remain to be seen if an EPL club will pay him the dough. Perhaps if he made the England squad it would be more enticing for that to happen?

He is on a big contract, more than an epl team would pay. No team would pay a large transfer fee for that contract. He would have to take a pay cut or MLSE would need to take a loss on the transfer fee they paid Tottenham.

ag futbol
08-23-2014, 03:23 PM

I'm glad someone has the balls to say it. Personally, I can live with his attitude as long as it doesn't cross the line into poisoning the overall atmosphere of the team. The price of that sort of talent is often a difficult personality unfortunately. If they can effectively ring-fence him and keep everyone else on point I think it can still work.

I would still say the future of this team has to be Bradley though and everything else that is done should build of that. Have a difficult time seeing how our three designated players fit together ATM. Link between the forwards and the midfield is often not optimal.

portu
08-23-2014, 03:49 PM
Guys lets slow down here and remember that Defoe is the most talented player on this team with the best pedigree and he knows it so of course he's going to get pissed when Jackson decides to pull some stupid SKC shit. I mean wouldn't you?

Also he's on just over 3 million pound so it's not as if he is on astronomical wages.

I'd be disappointed to see him go for sure but I'd hope that we'd get at least 2 seasons out of him.

Edit: And I don't blame him with the media some questions (goltv guy, forget his name) are incredibly stupid.

mcolvy
08-23-2014, 05:11 PM
Guys lets slow down here and remember that Defoe is the most talented player on this team with the best pedigree and he knows it so of course he's going to get pissed when Jackson decides to pull some stupid SKC shit. I mean wouldn't you?

Also he's on just over 3 million pound so it's not as if he is on astronomical wages.

I'd be disappointed to see him go for sure but I'd hope that we'd get at least 2 seasons out of him.

Edit: And I don't blame him with the media some questions (goltv guy, forget his name) are incredibly stupid.

Without a question, Lee Godfrey is a hack, but still. Every other player takes his verbal puke and are still pleasant about it.

Alonso
08-23-2014, 08:20 PM
No, but honestly, I wouldn't be against selling him... I love Defoe but I feel at this stage we would be better of improving 1-11. Gilberto is so fucking good, he can be the best striker in MLS. If we could sell Defoe for 8-10 million then we've done good imo. That's a lot of money of the books and we could sign another Gilberto-esque striker. I would want that money spread out though not just saved. With an extra 30 million you could add 3-4 legit players out of the Brazilian and Argentina league... Imagine getting another striker, another winger that can finish, a new right back and Laba? A 4th DP is possible, and the salary cap could go up quite a bit.

No you couldn't add 3-4 legit players.

That's the whole point of the salary cap... only 3 DP's can have the big money spending, everyone else can only make $350,000 MAX

And the whole team can only make $3,000,000 including the 3 DP's which count as $350,000 each against the salary cap.

So basically you only have $2,000,000 to spend on 20 payers. That's only $100,000 each player.

What you're asking is not even remotely possible.

Defoe
08-24-2014, 12:05 PM

That's the whole point of the salary cap... only 3 DP's can have the big money spending, everyone else can only make $350,000 MAX

And the whole team can only make $3,000,000 including the 3 DP's which count as $350,000 each against the salary cap.

So basically you only have $2,000,000 to spend on 20 payers. That's only $100,000 each player.

Not even remotely possible? Defoe leaving in this hypothetical opens up a spot (1), then there is a potential for a 4th DP which has been reported and rumored as a serious possibility by many credible members of the media (2) The $350,000 MAX contract is irrelevant as neither you nor I know what the next CBA will dictate. It's not out of the possibility you could get a Laba signed to a contract in a non-designated player deal in the new CBA (3) So how unrealistic is it? Juhnio (Galaxy) by my standards is a player who is a good talent, and at 325,000 is affordable and LA has accommodated him a good salary in a non DP contract. Building a team like building a good business is smartly run by finding low cost efficient employees that offer high value. We're entering an era in MLS where teams will be able to accommodate good players with good salaries without having to give out designated player contracts. Diego Valeri for example; had he been signed next year wouldn't even require a DP contract. He will get a raise on his 400,000 next year, but the teams that can find the Valeri’s of the league will be in the best shape. In the new era we're going to see teams find way to target these type of players and get them signed more often.

gate7
08-24-2014, 12:58 PM
^^^simple math^^^ i like but many "if's"......but i still like :thumbsup:

Alonso
08-24-2014, 01:13 PM
Not even remotely possible? Defoe leaving in this hypothetical opens up a spot (1), then there is a potential for a 4th DP which has been reported and rumored as a serious possibility by many credible members of the media (2) The $350,000 MAX contract is irrelevant as neither you nor I know what the next CBA will dictate. It's not out of the possibility you could get a Laba signed to a contract in a non-designated player deal in the new CBA (3) So how unrealistic is it? Juhnio (Galaxy) by my standards is a player who is a good talent, and at 325,000 is affordable and LA has accommodated him a good salary in a non DP contract. Building a team like building a good business is smartly run by finding low cost efficient employees that offer high value. We're entering an era in MLS where teams will be able to accommodate good players with good salaries without having to give out designated player contracts. Diego Valeri for example; had he been signed next year wouldn't even require a DP contract. He will get a raise on his 400,000 next year, but the teams that can find the Valeri’s of the league will be in the best shape. In the new era we're going to see teams find way to target these type of players and get them signed more often.

Ok, if we are talking about future unknown rules, then anything is possible.

I am talking about the rules that are in place now.

3 Dp's, $350,000 MAX salary for any player, and $3,000,000 salary cap.

Defoe
08-24-2014, 03:09 PM
^^^simple math^^^ i like but many "if's"......but i still like :thumbsup: If it goes up 50 percent (which is on the low side , I heard it could potentially double) the MAX contract should in theory raise 50 percent to 525 k... Would Laba sign for 525 k? Also is Laba on loan or was he traded away?

razor787
08-24-2014, 03:20 PM
Laba was essentially loaned with an option to buy. If Vancouver ante's up, they keep him. If not, then we can get him back. He is a big question mark at this point, but I think he will be staying in Van.

I really hope that we get a cap increase. And also throw in a minimum salary cap as well to force the lower teams into putting out a stronger side as well.

nonc
08-24-2014, 04:57 PM
I'm glad someone has the balls to say it. Personally, I can live with his attitude as long as it doesn't cross the line into poisoning the overall atmosphere of the team. The price of that sort of talent is often a difficult personality unfortunately. If they can effectively ring-fence him and keep everyone else on point I think it can still work.

I would still say the future of this team has to be Bradley though and everything else that is done should build of that. Have a difficult time seeing how our three designated players fit together ATM. Link between the forwards and the midfield is often not optimal.

Our forward depth is ridiculous and not sustainable. Defoe has proven to be an excellent finisher in MLS and worth the money in that sense, but he's already had two somewhat serious multi-week injuries and has a history of this. So what about what he's 33-34, less effective and injured even more often? I would sell him to make way for a DP CAM...just look at Pedro Morales who I believe was under $2 million and shreds MLS for fun. Unfortunately CAM does not fit into Nelsen's vision though. Gilberto and Moore have quickly developed a good relationship on the field. Gilberto-Moore-Dike-(Hamilton, Weideman) is still above average forward depth in MLS. But I do like Defoe it's not like I have an issue with him staying, unless it somehow causes Gilberto's exit.

portu
08-24-2014, 07:09 PM

This is exactly why I hate the logistics of this league.

After this Jermaine Jones shitshow I'm just TFC all the way even more so. I don't want another team picking up a better player despite what it might do for "the league". MLS needs to sort its shit out for me to support it but from now on the only thing I support is my club.

The CBA needs to accommodate for the fact that this is a global game and using blind draws, allocation orders, discovery, DPs. etcetera doesn't attract fans; it pushes them away. I don't mind the salary cap but it needs to increase to like $9m with a minimum of something around $4.5m so that ambitious, and smart, teams don't get fucked over.

gracos
08-24-2014, 09:36 PM
To be honest its very hard to get behind any MLSE teams when the management gets rid of one of the best Presidents we've ever had; goes to show you our management could care less about results and more about the $$$;

molenshtain
08-24-2014, 09:39 PM
To be honest its very hard to get behind any MLSE teams when the management gets rid of one of the best Presidents we've ever had; goes to show you our management could care less about results and more about the $$$;

except that's not what happened.

Ivy
08-24-2014, 11:50 PM
Lmao... What?

OgtheDim
08-25-2014, 06:09 AM

I will remember Payne for one thing:

rollerskates

Defoe
08-25-2014, 04:40 PM
Laba was essentially loaned with an option to buy. If Vancouver ante's up, they keep him. If not, then we can get him back. He is a big question mark at this point, but I think he will be staying in Van.

I really hope that we get a cap increase. And also throw in a minimum salary cap as well to force the lower teams into putting out a stronger side as well.

ah I see... that's unfortunate, he would be a great player to add in central midfield behind Bradley. Thanks for clarifying.

Hamilton_Red
08-25-2014, 10:26 PM
Show's how short sighted people are that Goalberto scores 5-6 goals and people are saying let Defoe go! With no Defoe this season we would be in Montreal territory...or more like traditional TFC territory. The mission of our management should be to keep the 3dP's and the core of the team together for a few seasons. Each off season need to be a few tweaks and improvements not entire squad turnover.

Main issues for me at the moment is that it looks like Dero needs to retire & a strong replacement brought & we probably need a goalie.

steve

Defoe
08-26-2014, 03:20 AM
Show's how short sighted people are that Goalberto scores 5-6 goals and people are saying let Defoe go! With no Defoe this season we would be in Montreal territory...or more like traditional TFC territory. The mission of our management should be to keep the 3dP's and the core of the team together for a few seasons. Each off season need to be a few tweaks and improvements not entire squad turnover.

Main issues for me at the moment is that it looks like Dero needs to retire & a strong replacement brought & we probably need a goalie.

steve

the idea would be to bolster the depth else where on the pitch, and Gilberto alone could be one of the best strikers in the league, so I would still do it. This is possible

---- Moore-Gilberto
Remy - Bradley - Piatti
-------- Laba --------

1 DP - Bradley
2 DP - Gilberto
3 DP - Piatti
4 DP - Remy
600 k - Laba

Now I don't mean Remy, Piatti and Laba particularly, but those type of talents. Take it in this is possible if the cap goes up and a 4th DP is added. Pretty crazy out of the box thinking but it's possible, this league is rapidly improving and TFC seems committed to being players

Milanista
08-26-2014, 10:25 AM
this team needs to play a 4 3 1 2 formation and sign a true AM and you see how defoe and gilberto fly

TFC1154ever
08-26-2014, 11:25 AM
If Laba comes back and is under that cap that makes him a DP, i would go out and get a DP CB with the 4th DP spot (if it comes in of course). Orr isn't coming back, Caldwell is a year older and Henry and Hagglund to me aren't ready to start together yet.

MartinUtd
08-26-2014, 12:58 PM
Where is this 4th DP talk coming from? We need a good core not more flash backed up by the likes of Jackson, Bekker and Orr. With the new CBA they're likely to tackle transparency issues and the low end of the salary cap.

Qman
08-26-2014, 01:22 PM
If Laba comes back and is under that cap that makes him a DP, i would go out and get a DP CB with the 4th DP spot (if it comes in of course). Orr isn't coming back, Caldwell is a year older and Henry and Hagglund to me aren't ready to start together yet.

why would laba come back. He is under contract with Vancouver and integrated into their system better than when he was here. From what i have seen, vancouver is pretty happy with him.

Qman
08-26-2014, 01:25 PM

No way MLS is going to allow a DP centrehalf. They want more goals and attacking DPs. Didn't TFC go down this road before and was rejected by the league. Not saying its not the right thing for the club (which it is), I just don't see any chance MLS would approved it.

Canary10
08-26-2014, 01:37 PM
No way MLS is going to allow a DP centrehalf. They want more goals and attacking DPs. Didn't TFC go down this road before and was rejected by the league. Not saying its not the right thing for the club (which it is), I just don't see any chance MLS would approved it.

They approved Liam Ridgewell so anything is possible.

OgtheDim
08-26-2014, 01:37 PM
Portland signed a DP CD in July.

Red I
08-26-2014, 01:43 PM
why would laba come back. He is under contract with Vancouver and integrated into their system better than when he was here. From what i have seen, vancouver is pretty happy with him.

Agreed - If Toronto is due a hefty payment at least for Laba's services at the end of this year, based on his importance to that team presently, they will gladly pay it; we should probably move on from this point, it is HIGHLY speculative

ag futbol
08-26-2014, 01:51 PM
Agreed - If Toronto is due a hefty payment at least for Laba's services at the end of this year, based on his importance to that team presently, they will gladly pay it; we should probably move on from this point, it is HIGHLY speculative
I think the amount of compensation is in question. It might not be much at all but with MLS's lack of disclosure everyone can claim to be a winner even if one party got snowed.

Let's note this started with the league doing TFC a favor by signing Bradley while having 3 DPs under contract. Doesn't sound to me like the type of situation where they can ask for a high price. Up to the trade the rumor was the was little interest and TFC HAD to make roster compliance.

Time will tell, but I'm not going to be surprised if it was a fire sale price.

Qman
08-26-2014, 02:16 PM
Portland signed a DP CD in July.

oh, shit ... u guys are right. Wonder how much is he is making. must be well over the 375k for them to DP him.
I know vancouver went out and got andy o'brien a few years ago but he was just under the 375k

Joe Kool
08-26-2014, 02:24 PM
I think the difference at the time for us not being able to sign a CB DP (vs the current MLS DP's) was the state that TFC was in at the time and if that deal was going to screw things up even worse for us in that area. Don't forget the huge contracts we were throwing out there at the time. Shortly after Kevin Payne was brought in to start the overhaul. I think if we had a valid case for a CB DP these days and Tim B had our books balanced there would be no issue this time around.

Hope TFC come out to prove a point that we can win at home and NE has one of their off-games and are not going to be all hyped up over their signings. We really need 3 points this weekend. The cushion in 3rd, as small as it was, is gone. Must wins from now on so we are not on the red line or even below it at the end.

Yohan
08-26-2014, 02:45 PM
oh, shit ... u guys are right. Wonder how much is he is making. must be well over the 375k for them to DP him.
I know vancouver went out and got andy o'brien a few years ago but he was just under the 375k
Besler and Gonzalez are also on DP contracts

reggie
08-26-2014, 02:57 PM
I hope they bring in a vet on D for the rest of the season,caldwell is out 2 wks and morrow 4 wks,seems like orr is not in RN good books these days.we have 2 or 3 import slots open,come on ryan where are all yr connections these days.

TFC/Everton
08-26-2014, 03:18 PM
Laba is NOT coming back. I promise.

Bez told me this at Real Sports during the World Cup. Please, lets forget about Laba.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-26-2014, 03:29 PM

Bez told me this at Real Sports during the World Cup. Please, lets forget about Laba.

yeah even if he hadnt told you that id be inclined to believe it, all signs point to him staying in Vancouver

Canary10
08-26-2014, 03:34 PM

Did he tell you the "steep price" they would have to pay for him?

TFC/Everton
08-26-2014, 03:38 PM
Did he tell you the "steep price" they would have to pay for him?

He did, actually. Vancouver will have to pay us a portion of the transfer fee we paid. Not clear if that translates into allocation cash or just cash for the club.

Canary10
08-26-2014, 03:39 PM
He did, actually. Vancouver will have to pay us a portion of the transfer fee we paid. Not clear if that translates into allocation cash or just cash for the club.

Think they oversold that a little bit.

Red I
08-26-2014, 03:44 PM

Wasn't Bez at the World Cup in Brazil?

TFC/Everton
08-26-2014, 03:57 PM
Wasn't Bez at the World Cup in Brazil?

If he was, he wasn't there during the semi finals.

Laba will not be back. I promise.

Yohan
08-26-2014, 04:13 PM
If he was, he wasn't there during the semi finals.

Laba will not be back. I promise.
been discussed ad nauseum in the Laba trade thread, but I'd be curious to know exactly what TFC is getting back from Vancouver. as of right now, you can't pay transfer fees between MLS teams. you can trade allocation money, but you only get so much and unless Vancouver doesn't make the playoffs, I don't know how Vancouver will pay for a big allocation money. unless TFC is getting hosed

backbeat
08-26-2014, 08:29 PM

I don't mean this in a negative way but why would Tim B tell you this and not let everyone know, including the media? He's astute enough to know that in telling various individuals at pubs that it will eventually leak. It just seems odd especially since they have kept acquisitions and trades so quiet.

brad
08-26-2014, 10:45 PM

I don't think this was so much about not wanting teams signing CB's as DP's as it was about protecting us from signing yet another a massive, terrible contract. The league had no problem making Gonzalez a DP. You can be that if Rio Ferdinand had opted for a move to the MLS, the league would have had no problem with him as a DP.

brad
08-26-2014, 10:46 PM
been discussed ad nauseum in the Laba trade thread, but I'd be curious to know exactly what TFC is getting back from Vancouver. as of right now, you can't pay transfer fees between MLS teams. you can trade allocation money, but you only get so much and unless Vancouver doesn't make the playoffs, I don't know how Vancouver will pay for a big allocation money. unless TFC is getting hosed

Or Garber waves his magic wand.

JuliquE
08-27-2014, 03:22 AM
I don't think this was so much about not wanting teams signing CB's as DP's as it was about protecting us from signing yet another a massive, terrible contract. The league had no problem making Gonzalez a DP. You can be that if Rio Ferdinand had opted for a move to the MLS, the league would have had no problem with him as a DP.
Yeh.. if memory serves, the league was wanting to avoid a scenario which would see TFC paying all or part of the wages for 4 DP's (Frings, Koevs, JDG [covering some of his salary @ Dallas], Melberg), which goes against the spirit of the three DP rule. As upset as we were with the league for it, they still went on to later allow us to have 4 DP's on our books, in the form of bringing Hassli over from Vancouver.. even if that move didn't work out, in the end; we were hanging ourselves with the contracts we were taking on, and the MLS FO, I think, was just ensuring we didn't break the league, in the process of failing so hard, by pumping all these bad contracts into a single-entity system (only to dodge the consequences, by shuffling the players on to another team, and then requesting the approval of another).

jloome
08-27-2014, 12:49 PM
this team needs to play a 4 3 1 2 formation and sign a true AM and you see how defoe and gilberto fly

Gabby Torres isn't playing much in Colorado, and his wage is below DP (even though they used a DP assignment to sign him due to the size of the fee, ala Laba).

EDIT: And don't we have, like, FIVE first round picks next year? We must be able to wrest someone talented-but-benched away from another club.

Areathrasher
08-27-2014, 01:24 PM
I don't mean this in a negative way but why would Tim B tell you this and not let everyone know, including the media? He's astute enough to know that in telling various individuals at pubs that it will eventually leak. It just seems odd especially since they have kept acquisitions and trades so quiet.

Larson has said the exact same thing about Laba on twitter numerous times. Guess Bez told him the same info.

jloome
08-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Larson has said the exact same thing about Laba on twitter numerous times. Guess Bez told him the same info.

And Carl Robinson said months ago that Vancouver would make the required deal to keep him. It's a non-starter.

Phil
08-28-2014, 09:42 AM

Ummmm ya. First hand from being around Bez a coulple times, he does talk about stuff like this and surprisingly not much of it really hits the internet.

Red CB Toronto
08-28-2014, 09:57 AM
Ummmm ya. First hand from being around Bez a coulple times, he does talk about stuff like this and surprisingly not much of it really hits the internet.

I second one that, actually on more than a few people higher up types at the club over the years when talking in a one on one situation with them have be open with some some very insightful info at times, which I would never reveal out in the open. Just would not feel comfortable doing it.

Derko
08-28-2014, 11:16 AM
OK so Laba is staying in Vancouver.
I love Caldwell, but he seemed to go down far too easy against Chicago the other night, was he just not ready to come back, or a sign from the Football Gods of things to come. We need a veteran CB, who has got more than just a few years 'Left' in the tank.

Hamilton_Red
08-29-2014, 12:42 AM
I have never understood how we let a DP go to a national rival for no compensation this season. A fair trade would have been fir Manneh, Tiebert, or Koffie - Vancouver would gave got the better of that deal regardless. But to get nothing.... It doesn't make sense.

I think the amount of compensation is in question. It might not be much at all but with MLS's lack of disclosure everyone can claim to be a winner even if one party got snowed.

Let's note this started with the league doing TFC a favor by signing Bradley while having 3 DPs under contract. Doesn't sound to me like the type of situation where they can ask for a high price. Up to the trade the rumor was the was little interest and TFC HAD to make roster compliance.

Time will tell, but I'm not going to be surprised if it was a fire sale price.

razor787
08-29-2014, 01:26 AM
We didn't get nothing. We tried moving him in other ways, but since that didn't work, he went to Van for things we aren't aware of yet.

Wait until after the season and then debate who won or lost. Who knows, maybe Koffie or one of the others is the 'future consideration'.

kuku
08-29-2014, 08:29 AM
Kurtis Larson @KurtLarSUN · 16m (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/505340418910093312) Former TFC man Darren O'Dea has cut ties with his club in Ukraine. TFC could use him right now.

Phil
08-29-2014, 08:32 AM
Kurtis Larson @KurtLarSUN · 16m (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/505340418910093312) Former TFC man Darren O'Dea has cut ties with his club in Ukraine. TFC could use him right now.

We couldn't afford him on his old salary that is for sure.

flamehawk
08-29-2014, 08:46 AM
We couldn't afford him on his old salary that is for sure.

True, but I'd be happy to have him for 200-300k. Always liked having him on the team - just fell into that category of players that didn't quite make sense under a cap system. I wonder how much cap space we have.

OgtheDim
08-29-2014, 09:01 AM
He'll find a home in the UK somewhere. A Championship level team could afford his salary.

MartinUtd
08-29-2014, 09:51 AM
I was wondering how long he'd hold out considering there's a war going on in Ukraine right now. I was really hoping we could make another move for him after the CBA, that looks much less likely now.

Ultra & Proud
08-29-2014, 10:06 AM
I was wondering how long he'd hold out considering there's a war going on in Ukraine right now. I was really hoping we could make another move for him after the CBA, that looks much less likely now.
Well it could be done now as his contract would be pro-rated based on only a few matches remaining. Even his old contract would be affordable at this stage. I wouldn't do it however unless Bez has a feeler on how the salary cap will be next year. No point in spending something like $1M on your starting back line if the cap only goes up by it's usual B.S per year rate.

MartinUtd
08-29-2014, 10:12 AM
Fair point, but the growth of the league has been far outpacing the 5% (approx) cap growth per year. I'd be surprised if we get anything lower than $5m, which on the current league max set up, would translate to $625k/season. All speculation on my part, mind you. But wasn't that about in line with O'Dea's wages?

ManUtd4ever
08-29-2014, 10:34 AM
There's no room for O'Dea and Caldwell on the same backline because of the salary implications. I would take O'Dea as a potential replacement for Caldwell though if he was willing to take a pay cut. Teams in MLS can't allocate 400K to a CB and expect to manage the salary cap effectively.

OgtheDim
08-29-2014, 10:50 AM
I don't think O'Dea can marshall a back line anywhere near close to what we need if we are replacing Caldwell. Heck, Henry does better at that then O'Dea.

He's a #2 CD, not a #1.

MartinUtd
08-29-2014, 10:58 AM
I don't think O'Dea can marshall a back line anywhere near close to what we need if we are replacing Caldwell. Heck, Henry does better at that then O'Dea.

He's a #2 CD, not a #1.

You think so? I recall him being pretty vocal in organizing those around him. He just had the odd gaffe and if we're comparing O'Dea to Henry, you know who wins the gaffe contest. We're not going to get a perfect CB in this league given the wages, I think O'Dea would be an excellent pick up.

mowe
08-29-2014, 11:08 AM

He's a #2 CD, not a #1.
Yeah I'm not sure why people want him back. In his time here he never proved himself to be anything more than an average MLS CB.

Even if he was willing to take a huge pay cut down to what he's worth in this league I'd rather get someone who is better at organizing the back line. We need a younger and less injury-prone Caldwell. Easier said than done of course.

razor787
08-29-2014, 11:10 AM
If I am not mistaken, I believe I read that O'Dea never started a game in which Toronto won. He played in ties, and our wins came when he was off the pitch.

Not saying that he is directly the problem, but I would rather bring in someone else, who won't have that former teams failures on his hands.

MartinUtd
08-29-2014, 11:14 AM
We're talking about last years team, right? The one that was literally the worst in our history. You can't fault O'Dea for the shit midfield in front of him and the lacking of finishing one step further.

OgtheDim
08-29-2014, 11:25 AM
Oh, I don't fault him for that midfield of 2012.

I do fault him for not leading that defence. As the captain of the team, leading the defence was expected of him.

He failed.

When Caldwell came in Ma 2013, things changed drastically, and not because of the talent gap between him and O'Dea.

Detroit_TFC
08-29-2014, 12:22 PM
Signing him on a short term deal would allow some proper recovery time for Caldwell.

burlington Red
08-29-2014, 12:29 PM
You think so? I recall him being pretty vocal in organizing those around him. He just had the odd gaffe and if we're comparing O'Dea to Henry, you know who wins the gaffe contest. We're not going to get a perfect CB in this league given the wages, I think O'Dea would be an excellent pick up.

That's actually one of the things he is good at, ie being vocal and organising those around him. I have watched him play for many yrs and he is an extremely vocal defender. I remember him at Celtic as a youngster even then being loud with much more senoir pros.I wouldn't read too much into his time here, the club was in a mess when he got here and even then i thought he did okay, considering he was often asked to play out of position ie full back

Red I
08-29-2014, 01:04 PM

Not saying that he is directly the problem, but I would rather bring in someone else, who won't have that former teams failures on his hands.

So if given the chance, you wouldn't want to get Luis Silva back?

Pint
08-29-2014, 01:31 PM
O'dea would be expensive cover but better quality than what we would likely be able to find in a random acquisition. From the way he talks about the city he sure loved his time here and potentially being part of a winner may attract him back on a lower salary.

MartinUtd
08-29-2014, 01:31 PM
Also we can't forget who else was in the back line prior to Caldwell arriving. Henry was nailed on, but the rest was a mix of Ecks/Richter/Morgan/Califf/Agboss. O'Dea had nothing to work with and when Caldwell came in it was he and Henry in the middle and O'Dea replacing Morgan. And he actually look really good at FB. At the time we effectively replaced Morgan with Caldwell and then towards the end of the season we brought in Bloom. So it wasn't just Caldwell by himself lifting the defense to greater success than O'Dea did.

mcolvy
08-29-2014, 01:33 PM
No to Silva, he is useless.

Odea makes a ton of sense- LB/CB help and a solid leader in the back. I think it could work. He would have to take a pay cut, but after experiencing such turmoil in Ukraine, perhaps he would be up for less $$ on a short-term deal to come somewhere where he is comfortable. Sign him for the rest of the season and he can move on after that/new CBA may open up the options to keep him.

I like it.

mcolvy
08-29-2014, 01:36 PM
His stock isn't that high. He didn't play much on what was an average Ukraine side.

notthesun
08-29-2014, 01:45 PM
No to Silva, he is useless.

LOL this can't be a serious comment

mcolvy
08-29-2014, 01:55 PM
LOL this can't be a serious comment
So if given the chance, you wouldn't want to get Luis Silva back?

I am 100% serious that I think Luis Silva is one dimensional and is not a player that I would want on the team. I think Osorio is a similar player to Silva, but harder-working and has more potential. If we want a player to play in behind the striker/s its going to have to be one with more quality than Silva. Silva's running/agility is bush league.

notthesun
08-29-2014, 01:59 PM
That one dimension is doing pretty well for him. 7 goals and 4 assists in 20 games.

He's above average, young, cheap, and domestic. If you don't want him, you don't understand how to win in MLS.

Ivy
08-29-2014, 02:03 PM
If I am not mistaken, I believe I read that O'Dea never started a game in which Toronto won. He played in ties, and our wins came when he was off the pitch.

Kind of pointless, but I'm pretty sure he started last year the rogers centre win against KC. Isn't that the only win by TFC last year? :P

Red I
08-29-2014, 02:05 PM
That one dimension is doing pretty well for him. 7 goals and 4 assists in 20 games.

He's above average, young, cheap, and domestic. If you don't want him, you don't understand how to win in MLS.

That's all i was getting at, I wasn't saying he is the answer, but with better players around him, he's done a helluva lot better than his time here ... As a drop forward, he would fit very nicely off the bench or in an injury scenario behind Giba or Defoe if Moore doesn't stick around - he can hold up really well, and has good link ability and decent vision - with issue in creating chances from a build-up, he would be a good option to have

notthesun
08-31-2014, 01:34 PM
https://twitter.com/NeilMDavidson/status/506145505416474624

Neil Davidson: "#torontofc fires Ryan Nelsen and entire coaching staff. Jermain Defoe could be next to go -- to QPR -- in fallout of Leiweke departure."

Unsure of whether this is pure speculation or he's heard something.

Alonso
08-31-2014, 01:38 PM
Defoe could be next?

If they replace him with a DP, I'm alright with that.

If they trade him to QPR and we don't sign a replacement high end DP striker, that sends a shite message to your fan base.

pdubs
08-31-2014, 02:01 PM
Defoe could be next?

If they replace him with a DP, I'm alright with that.

If they trade him to QPR and we don't sign a replacement high end DP striker, that sends a shite message to your fan base.

exactly. And the new DP would have to be simultaneous or as close to as possible. If we dump Defoe with the promise of "next window" kind of shows we are giving up. Defoe (when healthy) can change games for us.

dantdot
08-31-2014, 03:40 PM
Transfer window's closed. There's no replacing Defoe with a DP if he leaves.

ag futbol
08-31-2014, 03:58 PM
We can still pick up guys who are out of contract, but i think that's panic and should be avoided.

We can make the playoffs without defoe with this group. All that's left is for them to go do it. They can shut everyone up if they come through on the back end. First game out is the one to watch. I'm willing to bet more than a few guys want to show what they can do when they aren't playing under Nelsen.

Red CB Toronto
08-31-2014, 05:08 PM
Interesting little tidbit today on the TFC scene, Stefan Vukovic is back with the Academy. He scored in today's 2-0 victory over Windsor in L1 Ontario action. After a stellar season in 2011 that saw him score 18 goals in the CSL, the Reds declined to sign him. Since then he has bounced around Europe, will be interesting to see if anything comes of this.

reggie
08-31-2014, 05:11 PM
is there anybody out of contract that can help us this season?

ag futbol
08-31-2014, 05:13 PM
Interesting little tidbit today on the TFC scene, Stefan Vukovic is back with the Academy. He scored in today's 2-0 victory over Windsor in L1 Ontario action. After a stellar season in 2011 that saw him score 18 goals in the CSL, the Reds declined to sign him. Since then he has bounced around Europe, will be interesting to see if anything comes of this.
Writing is on the wall for a U23 team next year. They've been picking up prospects left, right, and centre.

notthesun
08-31-2014, 05:19 PM
Writing is on the wall for a U23 team next year. They've been picking up prospects left, right, and centre.

Isn't there already a U23 team? I saw the tweet from him saying he's back and he replied in the affirmative to someone asking him if he was with the U23s.

portu
08-31-2014, 05:52 PM

British PFA usually releases a list of about 500 players looking for contracts ill find it and link and highlight some players

portu
08-31-2014, 05:59 PM
http://www.thepfa.com/transferlist

Marcos Painter is quality from the little ive seen of him can play left back and centerback

David Fox CM formally of Norwich

Emannuel Frimpong CM young and could be good as well

Sean St. Ledger is solid at the back, lots of celtic fans have been screaming for him (as well as darren o'dea) the last few days

and finally

Chris Eagles formerly of Bolton is a solid winger/attacking midfielder for the bottom half of the championship

MightyDM
08-31-2014, 06:03 PM

There is a defensive holding midfielder (Canadian)........

Redpunkfiddle
08-31-2014, 06:06 PM

Interesting list.I think Awaiting Image could be a sleeper.

Fort York Redcoat
08-31-2014, 06:06 PM
There is a defensive holding midfielder (Canadian)........

Are you serious?

portu
08-31-2014, 06:08 PM
Are you serious?
terry dunfield anyone?

portu
08-31-2014, 06:10 PM
Interesting list.I think Awaiting Image could be a sleeper.

I have to agree with you on that one, hearing lots of good things.

CommradePolski
08-31-2014, 06:27 PM
JDG round 2? LOL

flamehawk
08-31-2014, 06:31 PM

Marcos Painter is quality from the little ive seen of him can play left back and centerback

David Fox CM formally of Norwich

Emannuel Frimpong CM young and could be good as well

Sean St. Ledger is solid at the back, lots of celtic fans have been screaming for him (as well as darren o'dea) the last few days

and finally

Chris Eagles formerly of Bolton is a solid winger/attacking midfielder for the bottom half of the championship

Oh man, I loved Frimpong when he was with Wolves. Not sure we would need him though.

molenshtain
08-31-2014, 06:36 PM
Rumours are many people have seen Defoe house hunting in Shephards Bush.

portu
08-31-2014, 07:15 PM
Oh man, I loved Frimpong when he was with Wolves. Not sure we would need him though.

was he really that good the only memories i have of him are him playing capitol one cup and fa cup games with arsenal and partying.. a lot of partying

Kaz
08-31-2014, 07:53 PM
Rumours are many people have seen Defoe house hunting in Shephards Bush.

Apparently the Shephards bush isn't used by just the Shephard if you can fit a house in side.. or it's used by him a lot.

PopePouri
08-31-2014, 07:57 PM
was he really that good the only memories i have of him are him playing capitol one cup and fa cup games with arsenal and partying.. a lot of partying

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/stay-dench-or-get-frimpong-d-2.png

notthesun
08-31-2014, 08:20 PM
Molinaro: As for Bradley, he's not going anywhere, from what I've been told. No truth about him being unhappy here. #TFC

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/506244069757300736

ag futbol
08-31-2014, 08:27 PM
Posted this in the other thread but .. paul atfield just put up an article that says a lot about our current roster. Supposedly all the recent moves made by Nelsen were opposed by Bez but pushed through with the support of Leiweke.

portu
08-31-2014, 08:48 PM
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/stay-dench-or-get-frimpong-d-2.png

yes ahahhhahah

portu
08-31-2014, 08:52 PM
Posted this in the other thread but .. paul atfield just put up an article that says a lot about our current roster. Supposedly all the recent moves made by Nelsen were opposed by Bez but pushed through with the support of Leiweke.

holy shit so that means all the moves that people have been hailing as coups by bez have actually been coups by nelsen

Ossington Mental Youth
09-01-2014, 05:15 AM
holy shit so that means all the moves that people have been hailing as coups by bez have actually been coups by nelsen

yeah, which worries me significantly now that Bez is in charge. Why didnt he bring people in when we have needed them?
Can someone draw up a list to compare each persons signings?

portu
09-01-2014, 06:38 AM
defoe reportedly offered to arsenal on a short term loan deal

Ruffian
09-01-2014, 06:44 AM
defoe reportedly offered to arsenal on a short term loan deal

I wonder what short term loan deal is? We don't want to loan him when he is in his early thirties and then have him on our roster and our payroll in his close to mid thirties. We need him NOW to make the playoffs or sell him and move on. Selling him outright is not that bad of an idea.

Greatest Ripoff
09-01-2014, 06:50 AM
Stefan Vukovic is back with the club. Was a late sub for the academy team in L1O this weekend and scored a goal.

portu
09-01-2014, 06:53 AM
I wonder what short term loan deal is? We don't want to loan him when he is in his early thirties and then have him on our roster and our payroll in his close to mid thirties. We need him NOW to make the playoffs or sell him and move on. Selling him outright is not that bad of an idea.

looks to be until January and then there would be a look to a permanent move to the Premier League. Source is the Telegraph.

I think if we loan him then we would be looking to up his value. Remember Arsenal have 1 striker fit right now and he's extremely inexperienced

flamehawk
09-01-2014, 07:28 AM

I don't know about the partying, but he was very dynamic, hard tackles and smart quick passes. That said he only played a couple games and then got injured and sent back to Arsenal. I do think a lot of my/other wolves fan's good impressions of him was his personality, which led him to be a bit of a cult hero at Wolves (kind of like Elokobi - someone else I'd love to see at Toronto). He was also very passionate and engaged with fans.

Speaking of former Wolves players, how about a swoop for Ebanks-blake? Hasn't quite been good since his injury, but if he could regain his past form.

portu
09-01-2014, 07:33 AM
I don't know about the partying, but he was very dynamic, hard tackles and smart quick passes. That said he only played a couple games and then got injured and sent back to Arsenal. I do think a lot of my/other wolves fan's good impressions of him was his personality, which led him to be a bit of a cult hero at Wolves (kind of like Elokobi - someone else I'd love to see at Toronto). He was also very passionate and engaged with fans.

Speaking of former Wolves players, how about a swoop for Ebanks-blake? Hasn't quite been good since his injury, but if he could regain his past form.
but do we really need a forward even if defoe does leave?

Ruffian
09-01-2014, 07:46 AM

I think we are good with Gilberto and Moore starting. They seem to play well together. People on this forum seem to rate Dike very high, I am not sold yet, but let's give him a shot at being our 3rd striker off of the bench. We could potentially also play with one striker and maybe have Osorio as the attacking midfielder.

flamehawk
09-01-2014, 07:48 AM

It's not a huge need. But if ebanks-blake is willing to take a pay cut, would be good depth below Moore, or take over from Moore. Though I suppose Ebanks-Blake is more of a poacher than a support striker.

v00d00daddy
09-01-2014, 08:33 AM
The kid I would have loved was just sold by AC Milan to Benfica for 6 million Euros. http://football-italia.net/55319/benfica-agree-cristante-fee

Kids has Canadian citizenship too cause his pops was born here. I know it's a pipe dream but just gives us a look at the level of player, age and cost that we spend on someone like Defoe.

ensco
09-01-2014, 08:34 AM
The kid I would have loved was just sold by AC Milan to Benfica for 6 million Euros. http://football-italia.net/55319/benfica-agree-cristante-fee

Kids has Canadian citizenship too cause his pops was born here. I know it's a pipe dream but just gives us a look at the level of player, age and cost that we spend on someone like Defoe.

Thanks for link. Never heard of him. Canadian citizen. Wow.

Ruffian
09-01-2014, 08:35 AM

He would not come to Toronto FC so it doesn't matter that we have the money to pay for him.

v00d00daddy
09-01-2014, 08:42 AM
He would not come to Toronto FC so it doesn't matter that we have the money to pay for him.

I know. LOL

That's why I've called it a pipe dream. He wants to further his career and TFC just isn't a place where he can do that.

v00d00daddy
09-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Thanks for link. Never heard of him. Canadian citizen. Wow.

You're welcome. He's a great young player and it upsets me that AC Milan sold him. Hoped he'd get to play for a huge club. Oh well.

I'd imagine most haven't heard of him because of where he has come up. It's crazy considering he's a kid with Canadian citizenship.

I know I'll catch shit for saying this….but I'll do it anyway.

If he was born in rural England to a couple who's dad was born and raised in Toronto……came up through the EPL youth system at lets say….Man U…..we would have been begging for him for years.

It's just how football is in Canada. One dimensional. And it's happened at TFC too….which is heartbreaking.

ANTZ
09-01-2014, 08:48 AM
We should go after Steven Vitoria from Benfica good old Mississauga boy! He will fix our D issues!!

Milanista
09-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Never would happen, he left Milan because he wanted to play big minutes are Inzaghi couldn't give it to him because we just signed Van Ginkle. Kid wants to remain in Europe, he's 19 and won a lot of awards in youth teams. Cant believe we sold him but its best for his development.

v00d00daddy
09-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Never would happen, he left Milan because he wanted to play big minutes are Inzaghi couldn't give it to him because we just signed Van Ginkle. Kid wants to remain in Europe, he's 19 and won a lot of awards in youth teams. Cant believe we sold him but its best for his development.

Oh I know. It's a tough pill to swallow as a Milan fan but it will be good for him which should turn out good for the Azzurri.

I just mean that I wish TFC had their eyes on guys like this. Younger….more technical.

zeelaw
09-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Stefan Vukovic is back with the club. Was a late sub for the academy team in L1O this weekend and scored a goal.
It was a sick goal too; ran diagonal through the penalty box to slot home

zeelaw
09-01-2014, 10:04 AM
We should go after Steven Vitoria from Benfica good old Mississauga boy! He will fix our D issues!!
The guy who played for Portugal at the Canada U21 WC? Fuck him

Leedsoronto
09-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Still lots of interest in Defoe from other EPL teams

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/transfer-zone/2014/09/01/5075707/qpr-west-ham-lead-race-for-defoe?ICID=HP_BN_1