PDA

View Full Version : BMO Field or Rogers Centre?

rocktml
03-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Where will the home opener be held this year? Looking at the weather forecast for march its not looking like it will warm up week of home opener.

Pint
03-01-2014, 08:21 PM
I said before and i will say again... we are 3 weeks out from the game.

0.000000001% chance the game venue gets moved. If they wanted to move then the marketing, ticketing, game ops are all months behind, we will be at our home BMO Field.

Alonso
03-01-2014, 09:04 PM

0.000000001% chance the game venue gets moved. If they wanted to move then the marketing, ticketing, game ops are all months behind, we will be at our home BMO Field.

Not if it's less than -5C

It's not physically possible to open BMO in that weather unless they want guys pissing and shitting over and through the fences and no one to show up.

I honestly don't think it's legal to host an event with that many people with no/or inadequate washroom facilities.

The Ontario Building Code requires a minimum of available washrooms per seating capacity.

If the team can't open their washrooms in the North, South, and East end because the pipes would freeze, and the water in the toilets would break them open while freezing, then their is zero possibility the game will be held at BMO.

Pint
03-01-2014, 09:08 PM
Not if it's less than -5C

It's not physically possible to open BMO in that weather unless they want guys pissing and shitting over and through the fences and no one to show up.

I honestly don't think it's legal to host an event with that many people with no/or inadequate washroom facilities.

The Ontario Building Code requires a minimum of available washrooms per seating capacity.

If the team can't open their washrooms in the North, South, and East end because the pipes would freeze, and the water in the toilets would break them open while freezing, then their is zero possibility the game will be held at BMO.

Then the game date would be changed... at this point i will stick with my 0.000000001% chance we play at rogers Centre on March 22nd

Phil
03-01-2014, 09:13 PM
No chance of it being played at skydome IMO.
Its BMO or bust, nothing saying they can't move it if the facility can't be opened though.

Alonso
03-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Then the game date would be changed... at this point i will stick with my 0.000000001% chance we play at rogers Centre on March 22nd

According to this weather report : http://weatherspark.com/averages/28179/3/22/Toronto-Ontario-Canada

You are probably right: "The temperature typically varies from 2°C to 7°C and is rarely below -3°C or above 13°C."

But it has been a pretty crazy winter so far.

Cas87
03-01-2014, 10:39 PM
According to this long-range forecasr, it should start to warm up (at least to + highs, and lows no colder than -5) by mid-March.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/ca/toronto/m5g/month/55488?monyr=3/01/2014

March 22 is forecasted to be +2 degrees and overcast.

It's going to be a cold one for sure... but hopefully warm enough to prevent any stadium issues.

Right now according to the site above, it is looking good to have it at BMO.

March 15th and 16th are 8 and 10 degree respeciely.

and except for some snow during the week, the temps are high enough that the thaw of BMO will be in full force and be ready for the home opener.

nascarguy
03-01-2014, 11:49 PM
I'm not watch a there soccer game at the roger centre I do not care what it is like outside. We only have one home game a month in till the month may and that sucks

OgtheDim
03-02-2014, 07:40 AM
http://www.rogerscentre.com/events/article.jsp?content=20130503_110253_1332

All that dirt might get in the way a bit. :)

Tony Santiago
03-02-2014, 09:17 AM
Right now according to the site above, it is looking good to have it at BMO.

March 15th and 16th are 8 and 10 degree respeciely.

and except for some snow during the week, the temps are high enough that the thaw of BMO will be in full force and be ready for the home opener.

Weather reports are rarely correct just a few days out, never mind weeks out. Yesterday they were wrong the day of and even during the day they were still calling for a high of 0 or +1 when it clearly wasn't getting there. It got to be about -3 or -4 with a serious windchill.

The game at BMO is on March 22 anyway, they are in Seattle on March 15th.

Fort York Redcoat
03-02-2014, 09:21 AM
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-the-show-must-go-on-27.png

I couldn't find a bigger one...

jazzy
03-02-2014, 10:47 AM
No chance of it being played at skydome IMO.
Its BMO or bust, nothing saying they can't move it if the facility can't be opened though.

I'm holding you to this......:)......I'm willing to stand in below freezing temps , peeing in a bottle if I must..of course we're forgetting the players......

ag futbol
03-02-2014, 02:27 PM

Unless they've already prepped for it, which is likely. MLSE isn't stupid, they know there is a reasonable chance the weather won't cooperate and the recent TFC hype can lend itself to a large home-opener draw at the dome.

Pint
03-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Unless they've already prepped for it, which is likely. MLSE isn't stupid, they know there is a reasonable chance the weather won't cooperate and the recent TFC hype can lend itself to a large home-opener draw at the dome.

Could be the case but with 20 days left until the home opener they would need to have started selling tickets for the game, if they are moving the game and wanted to do a big opening day they need mor than a couple week to sell 30,000 tickets. Not saying it is impossible but I find it excessively unlikely

ag futbol
03-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Well tickets go on sale this Wednesday so we will find out shortly. I would hope TFC could create a decent amount of single game seats for an opener after this offseason. If they can't capture people's interest at this moment, for at least a minute, it's going to be brutally difficult to ever play in a bigger BMO field or make our money back on the Defoe/Bradley deals.

OgtheDim
03-02-2014, 04:09 PM

As I pointed out earlier there is a dirt bike event that day at Skydome. That's at least 2 days to tear down afterwards, if not more.

There is no way we will be playing this game in the Dome.

If its too cold, it will be postponed.

Kaz
03-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Folks it's Canada... end of March is very rarely below freezing... it'll be fine.

denime
03-02-2014, 10:05 PM
IT'S BMO 100%,and this is why.

MONSTER ENERGY AMA SUPERCROSS SERIES March 22, 2014

http://www.rogerscentre.com/images/Supercross_2014.jpg

Event Description
The king of extreme sports returns to Rogers Centre. Monster Energy AMA Supercross, a FIM World Championship will showcase some of the best riders from across the globe.Comprised of 17 races of heart-stopping action in some of the largest venues in North America including Rogers Centre, Monster Energy AMA Supercross is the world’s premier indoor motocross circuit. Riders, including former champions Ryan Villopoto, James Stewart, Chad Reed and Ryan Dungey, along with rising stars Justin Barcia and Davi Millsaps, will seek to out race each other on the sport’s most challenging courses.
For more event information please visit www.supercrossonline.com (http://www.supercrossonline.com/)

Due to high decibel levels, we recommend all guests bring ear plugs to the show. Limited quantities will be available for purchase at select merchandise locations throughout the venue.

Date and Times
Saturday, March 22, 2014 @ 7:00 p.m.

OgtheDim
03-02-2014, 10:15 PM
Folks it's Canada... end of March is very rarely below freezing... it'll be fine.

Our anniversary is in the first week of April and I've seen more snow on that day then sun, including an ice storm.

Kaz
03-02-2014, 10:29 PM
I've seen snow in June.

It's Canada we will see the occasional cold snap. Yesterday I was out without a jacket it was so mild, and today there is a wind chill warming.

even -5 depending on the type of cold isn't so bad.

March usually has a warm spell a extra cold snap and then it sits between -2 and 12 degrees until mid may.

This isn't Montreal where we need to hide in a stadium until the end of April.

Put on a jacket and cheer a bit.

It was fairly cold for the MLS cup in 2010 and I sat through that just fine, and that is the November Cold where we haven't had a winter to adjust.

greatwhitenorf
03-02-2014, 11:44 PM
The 2010 MLS Cup night was surprisingly nice. Dropped into the low single digits but not too much wind. I'll take that for the home opener.

Red CB Toronto
03-03-2014, 12:03 AM
The 2010 MLS Cup night was surprisingly nice. Dropped into the low single digits but not too much wind. I'll take that for the home opener.

Anyone like us who supports TFC will be there regardless, but I want a packed stadium. For the rest of the Toronto ticket buying public, weather does matter and if goes to shit a lot of people will just simply not show up. It is exactly like the difference in how supporters and the rest of the stadium view and react to rain.

JuliquE
03-03-2014, 06:14 AM
I've seen snow in June.

It's Canada we will see the occasional cold snap. Yesterday I was out without a jacket it was so mild, and today there is a wind chill warming.

even -5 depending on the type of cold isn't so bad.

March usually has a warm spell a extra cold snap and then it sits between -2 and 12 degrees until mid may.

This isn't Montreal where we need to hide in a stadium until the end of April.

Put on a jacket and cheer a bit.

It was fairly cold for the MLS cup in 2010 and I sat through that just fine, and that is the November Cold where we haven't had a winter to adjust.
I tend to agree, here. This "cold, eh?" mentality gets to be a bit nauseating, after awhile. The guy they had sitting in for Lee Godfrey, on media-day, did a heck of a job, on relatively short notice.. but, I was annoyed by him telling everyone about how cold it is, non-stop; seemed to be forcing it as a general theme, in the background of every interview -- enough, already. o.0

Wagner
03-03-2014, 06:41 AM
It's all about the pipes in the North/East/South.
they aren't winterized.
you need washrooms, etc for the 20,000 beer drinkers.

perhaps we'll see the concourse lined with port-o-lets.

tfcleeds
03-03-2014, 08:44 AM
Don't care how cold it is - I'll be there. Mother Nature - bring it on! Shirts off!

brad
03-03-2014, 09:32 AM

It's also rarely -18 in the beginning of March. This has been a very different winter - nothing would surprise me at this point

Brooker
03-03-2014, 10:05 AM
they aren't winterized.

Ahhhh I can smell gameday already. Ain't it great?

ryan
03-03-2014, 10:09 AM
What's the Rogers Center? We all from Toronna or what eh?

Even used Murica' spelling too. Terrible thread. 0/10 will not read again.

Detroit_TFC
03-03-2014, 10:14 AM
they aren't winterized.

I guess that is an option. They'd have to close all the food service too. Calling all the street meat vendors - converge on BMO!

Milanista
03-03-2014, 10:26 AM
should get my 14 tickets in the mail this week for the home opener yeahhh

Fort York Redcoat
03-03-2014, 10:36 AM
What's the Rogers Center? We all from Toronna or what eh?

Even used Murica' spelling too. Terrible thread. 0/10 will not read again.

Fixed.

gdg_9
03-03-2014, 11:01 AM
they aren't winterized.

I guess that is an option. They'd have to close all the food service too. Calling all the street meat vendors - converge on BMO!

I think they'll do whatever they can to keep it at BMO on Mar 22... Even if that means bringing in a tonne of portable heaters.

Worst case scenario they reschedule the game for another date, but I can't see MLSE being happy with that after all the off-season build-up!

BeachTory
03-03-2014, 01:35 PM
the underground heating keeps the grass from dying in the fall but it can't make it grow. state of the pitch should be extremely interesting.
Sure not looking forward to the winter schedule Commissioner Garber seems to want.

ryan
03-03-2014, 03:34 PM
Fixed.

If it was fixed it'd say Skydome. Someone older than I should know better. :)

#SkydometillIdie

Fort York Redcoat
03-04-2014, 08:01 AM
If it was fixed it'd say Skydome. Someone older than I should know better. :)

#SkydometillIdie

We got to speak the language of the youths, ya knows. But just for you bud...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/8f485d64270d14f539c1cc0f8a273c6f/tumblr_mjok2oq9D11r37slco1_1280.jpg