PDA

View Full Version : Jermian Defoe has played his last game for Tottenham

Oblio2
02-26-2014, 09:47 AM
Defoe will NOT suit up vs. Dnipro this Thursday, according to Tim Sherwood.

tfcleeds
02-26-2014, 09:52 AM
^If that's the case, might as well fly him over here then so he can get at least one preseason runout on Sat?

Phil
02-26-2014, 10:04 AM
I think they are waiting to see if he gets the call up for the next international break early March.

I would rather him be in TFC camp though.

rocktml
02-26-2014, 10:08 AM
Hamstring is the reason he will not play.

dupont
02-26-2014, 10:14 AM
Hamstring is the reason he will not play.

This ongoing hamstring problem is starting to worry me

mowe
02-26-2014, 10:24 AM
This ongoing hamstring problem is starting to worry me

Yeah TFC needs to make sure it's fully healed before giving him the green light. It could easily turn into a recurring injury throughout the season. We don't want a repeat of Dempsey where he can't stay on the pitch and people start calling him a bust.

notthesun
02-26-2014, 10:41 AM
I kind of doubt whether he's actually injured to be honest. I think he's only gotten like 10 minutes of playing time since he scored at White Hart Lane like 3 weeks ago. He would've had to re-injure it in training, which I guess is possible. I think they're just holding him out because he's leaving.

Regardless I have no doubt the staff will be taking excessively good care of him.

tfcleeds
02-26-2014, 10:44 AM
I kind of doubt whether he's actually injured to be honest. I think he's only gotten like 10 minutes of playing time since he scored at White Hart Lane like 3 weeks ago. He would've had to re-injure it in training, which I guess is possible. I think they're just holding him out because he's leaving. Regardless I have no doubt the staff will be taking excessively good care of him. This is what I thought as well. Plus, he did get a substitute appearance just a couple of weeks back, he didn't seem to be hampered by anything then. Unless this was recent. But I think they're holding him back.

Heart of Stone
02-26-2014, 08:01 PM
Might be like Dougie Gilmour's return to the Leafs... 1 and out.

Cuppy
02-26-2014, 08:03 PM
Not liking the sounds of this. Ffs

Canary10
02-26-2014, 08:38 PM
He has had that injury all season this year. Don't think it's bad enough to keep him out of games though. In different circumstances Spurs would probably play him if needed.

greatwhitenorf
02-26-2014, 08:53 PM
Aggravated it trying to pronounce a Europa league destination.

When told he'd be a scratch for the Ukrainian away match he said 'thank God I don't have to fly out to Dnipropetrovsk and agggghhhh... !'

TorontoGooner
02-26-2014, 09:53 PM
People, people, people. Let's all relax here. Until we get any official word we shouldn't jump to conclusions. It could be one of many things. More than likely, its just a knock that TFC have asked Spurs not to risk

Bluenose13
02-26-2014, 09:55 PM
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/9186037/sherwood-hails-departing-defoe

Shakes McQueen
02-26-2014, 11:13 PM
Tim B has maintained that they won't rush Defoe into the TFC lineup, if he needs a few weeks. So if his hammy needs a bit of a rest, then I imagine they will give it to him.

- Scott

Oblio2
02-27-2014, 08:55 AM
I am confident Defoe is fine. I am confident Spurs are being courteous with Defoe and making sure he doesnt get injured. All players have niggly injuries. This isnt serious and reports ont eh Canadian media are exagerated.

And today....JD says goodbye.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/jermain-farewell-260214/

tfcleeds
02-27-2014, 09:31 AM
Pretty sure he won't be risked in the season opener anyway on that turf in Seattle, so he's got until the 22nd to heal from whatever he has. I'm confident he'll be on the front line come March 22nd.

Red CB Toronto
02-27-2014, 10:11 AM
Jermain has been named to England's squad for their friendly vs. Denmark on March 5, which will push back his arrival in Toronto a few days anyways.

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/2014/feb/roy-hodgson-announces-squad-to-face-denmark

PopePouri
02-27-2014, 10:18 AM
Jermain has been named to England's squad for their friendly vs. Denmark on March 5, which will push back his arrival in Toronto a few days anyways.

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/2014/feb/roy-hodgson-announces-squad-to-face-denmark

But how is he going to play when he's doubtful for the Seattle game?

Red CB Toronto
02-27-2014, 10:37 AM
But how is he going to play when he's doubtful for the Seattle game?

Likely not at all, what it suggests to me are the report are correct, the hamstring is not that serious.

brad
02-27-2014, 10:51 AM
This is what I thought as well. Plus, he did get a substitute appearance just a couple of weeks back, he didn't seem to be hampered by anything then. Unless this was recent. But I think they're holding him back.

If you look at the video of his last EPL game at White Hart lane you can see that his hamstring is pretty heavily taped up. There is something there for sure. How serious, anyone's guess.

TorontoGooner
02-27-2014, 10:53 AM
Named in the England squad for March 5th. Relax, people