PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver vs. Toronto - May 14, Voyageurs Cup

Pages : [1] 2 3

themodelcitizen
02-24-2014, 02:59 PM
Hats off to KidA for the work he's done (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?35196-Toronto-FC-vs-Seattle-March-15-Roadtrip) coordinating us in Seattle for the season opener.

I've been on the west coast since summer 2012, and last season at the opener at BC Place there were a few Toronto fans scattered around, but we didn't have a proper "away section". I've been in touch with Whitecaps ticketing to try and sort that out for the Canadian Championship 2nd leg in Van on May 14.

It's a Wednesday night, so we won't have the same travelling support from back home as the Seattle game will, but for those of us scattered around Vancouver and the Island it will be great to have another meetup.

They're setting aside a block of about 20-30 seats in section 217 to start with, and if we fill it out early enough, they'll expand it. Unlike the Seattle orders, you can just call and book your seats in our section (the earlier the better so we can fill it out).

Call Jamieson Brooks at Whitecaps ticketing - his direct line is 604 484 7867 - and ask about the Toronto away section. Feel free to drop my name (Scott Ferguson) if need be, I started things off with 2 tickets.

And of course post here for a roll call!

KidA
02-24-2014, 04:14 PM
No need to ask as I'll be there with bells on.

Mr_gamble
02-24-2014, 04:40 PM
I'll pass details over to my dad. He works in Vancouver, for a Hamilton based company. Bound to be a few TFC fans out there with him!

Yohan
02-24-2014, 04:48 PM
There used to be quite a few Vancouver TFC supporters pre-Whitecaps... but I suspect a lot of them have switched allegiance to Whitecaps by now.

themodelcitizen
02-24-2014, 05:50 PM
There used to be quite a few Vancouver TFC supporters pre-Whitecaps... but I suspect a lot of them have switched allegiance to Whitecaps by now.

Makes sense. Vancouver coming in so late (2011?) meant that some fans out here actually supported the Sounders (nearest MLS team) and Toronto (flying the flag) for a couple of years. Hard for those fans to suddenly start "hating" their new rivals.

I've taken on Vancouver as a second team, if only to get regular live football out here. They grew on me last season... TO obviously still comes first!

Yohan
02-24-2014, 06:04 PM
Makes sense. Vancouver coming in so late (2011?) meant that some fans out here actually supported the Sounders (nearest MLS team) and Toronto (flying the flag) for a couple of years. Hard for those fans to suddenly start "hating" their new rivals.

I've taken on Vancouver as a second team, if only to get regular live football out here. They grew on me last season... TO obviously still comes first!
Meh. Vancouver is irrelevant. I mean, they are always the 3rd wheel in a rivalry. Seattle and Portland hates each other more than Vancouver, and Toronto and Montreal hate each other more than Vancouver.

ndtoronto
02-24-2014, 11:00 PM
I'll be there. New to the west coast. How hard would it be to get from the ferry terminal to the stadium without a car? I don't want to pay $100 on the ferry plus hotel parking, just for it to sit overnight. I would come in the day of the game and leave the next day

Dunkers
02-25-2014, 04:42 AM

Lets hope Kitchener never gets an MLS team....

Oldtimer
02-25-2014, 08:12 AM
Meh. Vancouver is irrelevant. I mean, they are always the 3rd wheel in a rivalry. Seattle and Portland hates each other more than Vancouver, and Toronto and Montreal hate each other more than Vancouver.

Toronto hates Montreal much more than Vancouver, but I think Vancouver has a major hate-on for Montreal, both from their A-League rivalry back in the D-2 days, and also this:

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/attachment.php?attachmentid=3211&d=1369834764

themodelcitizen
02-25-2014, 01:39 PM
I'll be there. New to the west coast. How hard would it be to get from the ferry terminal to the stadium without a car? I don't want to pay $100 on the ferry plus hotel parking, just for it to sit overnight. I would come in the day of the game and leave the next day

With a car? Won't be too difficult. An hour (tops) from Tsawassen and probably 35 mins from Horsehoe Bay (the terminal up on the North shore)

KidA
02-25-2014, 01:53 PM
With a car? Won't be too difficult. An hour (tops) from Tsawassen and probably 35 mins from Horsehoe Bay (the terminal up on the North shore)

Without a car you'd want to look at Greyhound as they have several trips between Victoria and Vancouver which go through Tsawassen.

Jeffro
02-25-2014, 02:33 PM

Just take the 620 bus from Tsawassen to Bridgeport station, then take the sky train towards Waterfront, BC Place is a pretty short walk from Yaletown Roundhouse station.

ndtoronto
02-25-2014, 07:30 PM
Just take the 620 bus from Tsawassen to Bridgeport station, then take the sky train towards Waterfront, BC Place is a pretty short walk from Yaletown Roundhouse station.

This will be the option I'll be looking at. Thanks for the quick help. No point bringing a car just to pay for it on the ferry and for it to sit in a parking lot at a hotel

themodelcitizen
03-03-2014, 01:45 AM
Bump for our west coast contingent

Chinatownchef
03-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Sure would be fun if the Reds could sign Camilo before they meet the Whitecaps. Probably quite a bit of bad blood still left over.

MarkInVictoria
03-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Gonna have to see if I can make it across the Georgia Strait for this one. Mid-week games aren't the easiest.

speckles
03-08-2014, 12:26 AM
I'll be in town that night, what is the chances we would put out a strong team mid-week fro this??

Doucet3
03-08-2014, 01:52 AM
Hmmmmm really considering it. thinking of grabbing a hotel + flight on expedia something like $1200 for round trip for the 3 days (tue-thurs) anyone have any tips or hints … cheaper flights etc etc

speckles
03-08-2014, 02:54 AM
man that is expensive. I'm flying in from Australia that day at a lower cost than that.. good grief

Doucet3
03-08-2014, 02:09 PM
man that is expensive. I'm flying in from Australia that day at a lower cost than that.. good grief
My bad I meant for 2 people lol $1200 is stupid for one person lol

themodelcitizen
03-17-2014, 10:31 AM
I know Doolin's have hosted away fans for pre-game in the basement before, seem to recall a bunch of Sounders fans there in 2012. Not sure if they do that anymore? It is the Southsiders' "official" bar or something like that. There are alternatives we can scope out...

KidA
03-17-2014, 10:35 AM
I know Doolin's have hosted away fans for pre-game in the basement before, seem to recall a bunch of Sounders fans there in 2012. Not sure if they do that anymore? It is the Southsiders' "official" bar or something like that. There are alternatives we can scope out...

Let's scope something out to get a good base before the game. I think it was great choice to have somewhere before and after the game in Seattle so I'm sure the same could happen for Vancouver.

Brooker
03-17-2014, 11:11 AM
Vancouver still has a soccer team? It was cute at first but... come on.

DHD14
03-19-2014, 01:13 PM
Which section at BC Place is this? I'll be there and am definitely game for pre-match pints. Hopefully there is some Toronto Playoff NBA/NHL action to consume beforehand too!

Hamilton_Red
03-20-2014, 12:19 AM
ND..i'll be going over on the ferry as well - happy to take you over & any Victoria reds over and save on the ferry. Lets coordinate it.

Hamilton_Red
03-20-2014, 12:39 AM
I'd love to get Manneh as our "future considerations" on Laba. He's too young to be a DP... But he will be a DP someday...big talent IMO.

themodelcitizen
03-22-2014, 01:54 PM
Any west coast folk watching the game this afternoon? Guessing most pubs will have a TV on TSN

themodelcitizen
03-24-2014, 01:43 PM
Just got an update from Whitecaps ticketing, people are starting to buy tix. Keep 'em coming boys. They should be mailed out well before gameday. We're in sec. 217 for what it's worth

C.Ronaldo
03-24-2014, 02:10 PM
how is watching a game BC place? hows the turf treating them?

KidA
03-24-2014, 02:48 PM
Any west coast folk watching the game this afternoon? Guessing most pubs will have a TV on TSN

I ended up watching the game at home before heading up to Whistler. Hopefully this weekend I'll watch in a pub. More than happy to meet up with others for this weekends game and possibly make it a frequent event for all those in the BC area.

themodelcitizen
03-26-2014, 01:03 PM
I'm into that!

Mr_gamble
03-26-2014, 01:31 PM
Let me know if you guys decide on a pub to watch games in Vancouver. I was speaking with my dad yesterday, who works in Vancouver, and he would be down meeting up with a few guys to watch the games and have a couple of beers. I'll pass any details on to him.

E11evenTFC
03-27-2014, 12:20 PM
I'll be there. Have tickets for the game, but got them for free in a different section. Hopefully no problem squeezing into the section with you all. Can't imagine this game being packed. I expect our chants to be more disruptive than at Century Link.

Also in for regular meet ups for games on the weekends.

speckles
03-27-2014, 05:32 PM
Flying in from New Zealand to be at the game...looking forward to meeting you guys.

themodelcitizen
03-28-2014, 12:44 PM
I'll be at the Whitecaps game tomorrow, TFC kickoff is about half an hour after that finishes... could stick around downtown if anyone wants to watch somewhere? Might want to avoid some of the supporters groups' home bases (Doolins, Cinema etc)... how about somewhere in Yaletown? Is the Lamplighter any good?

themodelcitizen
04-02-2014, 01:58 PM
We ended up at Cinema to watch the RSL game, no audio though as there was a Canucks game on as well. Might be able to find a better match-viewing pub in the future... I don't have cable but the option's there to watch at my place on a choppy stream!

We're in s. 217 for the Whitecaps game for what it's worth. Sales aren't going quite as fast so get on it boys! Let's fill it out and show the 'Caps fans how to cheer (and win)...

dow117
04-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Just ordered 2 tix from J Brooks : thanks .also 2 of us in for TFC pub viewing meet up. Lets hope we get turnout like Seattle !!!

E11evenTFC
04-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Anyone watching the game anywhere this weekend? its conflicting with the whitecaps so may be a little more difficult. The reagle beagle is a Leafs bar, maybe they'd show it there?

themodelcitizen
04-03-2014, 05:31 PM
Nice one, dow117!

E11even, I was planning on going to the 'Caps game, but I might bail on it if I have to go solo. In that case I might be down for a pub viewing... but next week's game might be better.

Mr_gamble
04-05-2014, 09:24 PM
My dad wants me to get a few tickets for him and the lads who are working out west. How much we looking at per ticket to sit with you guys? Need to prep my bank accout ;)

dow117
04-07-2014, 01:02 AM
I paid $26 per tix from the contact given in post... Not bad at all incl taxes

Mr_gamble
04-07-2014, 01:11 AM
Thanks man, I'll pass the info on, and get the boys some tickets sorted through the contact in the post :)

powerguo
04-08-2014, 05:02 AM
Live in Seattle so it'll be a bit of a drive, but will try my best to make it as well. Timing is going to be tricky since I have to fly out from Seattle on Thursday night for a wedding as well.

KidA
04-17-2014, 11:26 AM
Tickets purchased. The one downside is that we have to pick up tickets at will call. However, since we are a month away who's up for planning a meetup before the game?

ndtoronto
04-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Anyone from the Victoria area going to the game? Haven't purchased tickets yet. Still looking at options. I want to sit with all you guys. Has there been a deadline set for ordering tickets

dow117
04-23-2014, 07:56 PM
Yes, I do not recommend Doolins; surly bunch in there and that's just the staff !!. The Whitecap fans gather there and the food/beer is unremarkable. We would need a place that is not so dominant with their fans; they really don't like TO at all ...

dow117
04-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Tickets purchased. The one downside is that we have to pick up tickets at will call. However, since we are a month away who's up for planning a meetup before the game?
Absolutely !!

themodelcitizen
04-24-2014, 12:20 PM
I like Cinema at Granville/Smythe, but it's become a Curva Collective bar and could be an issue. What about that Arsenal bar down in Yaletown? The Phatter sports pub? I think nearly everywhere decent will be full of Caps fans, unless you want to go somewhere far from BC Place and transit our way down.

Just was talking with KidA about a possible pre-meet up next weekend (May 3) to watch the TFC home game somewhere. 10 am kick off but we can probably find a coffee place or bar to show it.

Hamilton_Red
04-27-2014, 02:42 AM
I'm planning to go from Victoria. Haven't bought tickets either. Carpool?

dow117
05-05-2014, 04:33 PM
I had someone bail, so I now have an extra ticket ... cost is a pint or 2 for TFC supporter...

Jeffro
05-05-2014, 05:06 PM
I had someone bail, so I now have an extra ticket ... cost is a pint or 2 for TFC supporter...
I will take that deal if it's still available!

nascarguy
05-06-2014, 10:28 PM
I think it's calling for rain for gametime

dow117
05-07-2014, 03:58 PM
Ok Jeffro tix are game day pick up at field. How do you want to meet up??
Have we nailed down a pre game pub for a pint. ? How about Malones bar

KidA
05-08-2014, 11:33 AM
Malones works for me. I'm going to duck out of work early to make sure we are all there. I'll be bringing a flag.. anyone else?? Maybe make a small banner this weekend for the game.

dow117
05-08-2014, 08:47 PM
If the game is at 7:30 .. what time at Malones ??. Jeffro will you meet me there and we'll get tix at field ?? I figure, I'll bet at Malones around 545 - 6

themodelcitizen
05-09-2014, 11:27 AM
Malone's sounds good, I'll plan to be there around 6 as well if that's when you're going. Or if people want to come earlier I might head straight from work.

2-0 would've been so much better, but we can still pull it off... would be nice to lord it over the Vancouverites here after our weak performance in the season opener last year!

Ivy
05-09-2014, 11:31 AM
The boys that were at Joe's this Wednesday said you guys would be welcome at their bar for the second leg. Check with the Southsiders if that offer still stands (if you're interested).

E11evenTFC
05-09-2014, 01:17 PM
I'm up for Malone's. Should get there around 530. Interested to see if the caps come out and play their starters. They have a game this weekend, but not next weekend, so it's likely that they will.

dow117
05-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Haven't heard from Jeffro re the spare ticket ... pm'd him. Looks like the spare tick is still available then ...

ag futbol
05-10-2014, 12:21 PM
Agreed. Airport taxes in canada really kill flying long distances within the country. It's almost always cheaper to fly a longer distance to a foreign airport which is silly.

Jeffro
05-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Talked to Dow117 and have a ticket for the game! Can't wait!

if anyone else happens to have a spare, let me know, I have a friend that wants to come to the game as well. Cheers.

TorontoGooner
05-10-2014, 05:08 PM
To all those guys going, havea great time and sing up for the reds. Had the honour of meeting our West Coast fans when in Seattle and can say I had an absolute blast. Now if only I can remember large parts of it.....

Red CB Toronto
05-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Everyone give it their all on Wednesday night, the General and the rest of the lads will appreciate it.

Hamilton_Red
05-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Damn Vancouver looking really good vs Columbus today. We are going to need Bradley and Defoe at the Seattle level to get anything from this. Good thing is is essentially the final..Montreal is rank rotten.

Abou Sky
05-10-2014, 08:53 PM
Damn Vancouver looking really good vs Columbus today. We are going to need Bradley and Defoe at the Seattle level to get anything from this. Good thing is is essentially the final..Montreal is rank rotten.

They were freaking amazing, and I have to admit, I am softening my stance on my hatred for the Whitecaps.

Of course, I wouldn`t allow my children to wear a cap/jersey etc, but I think they may fall to third most hated.

Love me some Manneh, and of course Laba.

Fort York Redcoat
05-11-2014, 09:30 AM
I can't hate Vancouver. I just don't care about them enough. They are Canadian rivals that will never be as rooted as the one we have with Montreal. The rest, meh.

themodelcitizen
05-11-2014, 06:26 PM
Talked to Dow117 and have a ticket for the game! Can't wait!

if anyone else happens to have a spare, let me know, I have a friend that wants to come to the game as well. Cheers.

Have you tried calling Jamieson at ticketing? There may still be a few left...

DHD14
05-12-2014, 12:12 PM
Am I reading correctly that Malone's is the pre-match pub? I'll be down with 3 other folk and got tickets in the TFC section via Jamieson. Looking forward to it!

themodelcitizen
05-12-2014, 01:08 PM
Malone's seems like the spot. Anyone taking a half-day and drinking there all afternoon? Trying to decide if I should go straight from work (4:30-5 at the latest, hopefully)...

EDIT: People bringing flags/banners - have you checked BC Place's rules and regs yet? Just wondering if we should try to arrange something, they may need a couple of ppl to go in early like they did in Seattle... hopefully not.

Anything else we should address pre-game? Other than the obvious - bring your singing voices,we'll be in full flow!

QBall
05-12-2014, 01:59 PM
If Van win 1-0 then they advance on away goals. If they win 2-1 then I think they have use penalty shots to determine who goes through (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Any other score and we go through. I say go for the early lead and then coast the rest of the game. Seeing how we have a fairly important game against NYRB on Saturday there's no need to over exert.

speckles
05-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Work has held me back in Sydney, then I have to go to LA first so cant make the game..have a ticket - not for our section however prime mid-section going for free. PM and i can email it to you.

Pint
05-12-2014, 04:16 PM
1. is their a stream of this game? my brother works in SF now and wants to watch the game if he is out of work early enough.
2. Carducci is starting again and Teibert is captaining the squad according to Robinson so we should have a decent shot at the win again.

OgtheDim
05-12-2014, 04:42 PM
https://twitter.com/PeteSchaad/status/465944217055805440/photo/1 (https://twitter.com/PeteSchaad/status/465944217055805440/photo/1)

Pic of Nelsen at UBC for training. Looks like they left yesterday.

Hamilton_Red
05-12-2014, 07:21 PM
Just got 3 tickets from Jamieson at the group ticket office in the TFC section. Tickets still available. So is Malones the pregame spot
?

KidA
05-12-2014, 09:33 PM
Malones is the pregame spot. I should be there around 5:30 or so. As for flags/banners I was hoping to call Jamieson today to ask about that. I'm really just looking at bringing my RPB flag. Anyone else looking to bring stuff into the game? We should also keep in mind that we will all have to head to BC Place early to pick up our tickets from will call.

Hamilton_Red
05-13-2014, 01:02 AM
That England snub could be a real motivator to show Hodgson the mistake he's made. I'd put a fiver on a Defoe hat-trick on Wednesday if I could!

dow117
05-13-2014, 01:49 PM
See you at Malones. This Caps team is for real!!. With Laba they are so much better but their speed upfront is scary...manneh, hurtado tiebert . We will need to play some kinda game!!!

Jeffro
05-13-2014, 02:03 PM
Just arrived in Vancouver, it's a gorgeous day out, can't wait for the match tomorrow! It's been about a year since my last TFC match.

Oldtimer
05-13-2014, 03:22 PM
I can't hate Vancouver. I just don't care about them enough. They are Canadian rivals that will never be as rooted as the one we have with Montreal. The rest, meh.

Vancouver feels the same way. They hate Montreal for their USL-era rivalry... and they also partially blame them for this:

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/attachment.php?attachmentid=3211&d=1369834764

brad
05-13-2014, 03:36 PM
Is this game streaming anywhere (legitimately).

CommradePolski
05-13-2014, 03:59 PM
Is this game streaming anywhere (legitimately).

I thought sportsnet streamed these last year but I couldnt find anything about it this year.

My guess is your best bet is illegal non hd streams.

PopePouri
05-13-2014, 04:22 PM
I thought sportsnet streamed these last year but I couldnt find anything about it this year.

Get a VPN.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/05/13/canadian-championship-mlssoccercom-offer-free-stream-semifinal-second-legs-f

prizby
05-13-2014, 05:17 PM
Have a great time at the game guys...represent Toronto well!

notthesun
05-13-2014, 05:56 PM
Notes from twitter: Bradley is gone after the game, Defoe won't miss any action unless he ends up being called to the English squad, Osorio healthy and available, Lovitz called up due to his good play and Bradley leaving. Rey didn't train.

KidA
05-13-2014, 06:41 PM

The TFC site has it down as Sportsnet. Also checked the Sportsnet schedule and its down on there as well.

Ossington Mental Youth
05-13-2014, 07:33 PM
mls live is gonna have it but ya gotta use a VPN

ChrisFizik
05-14-2014, 07:14 AM
Shouts out to all Vancouver locals headed to this match tonight. Sorry I won't be joining you for the west coast festivities this time but cheers to all of you and thanks for supporting as always. Someone fill in on the voice losing/chant leading for me - bring that Seattle energy - the Reds need you!

KGH
05-14-2014, 09:51 AM
Toronto +280 on Bet365. Vancouver is the pretty big fav tonight

E11evenTFC
05-14-2014, 11:36 AM
Toronto +280 on Bet365. Vancouver is the pretty big fav tonight

is that for winning the total aggregate or just the game? Interesting odds.

See you all at malones around 530. I might have an extra free ticket to the game for a tfc fan if you want to PM me.

themodelcitizen
05-14-2014, 11:40 AM
Alright boys, just talked to ticketing again, the "will call" booth at GATE H will be open from 6:15 PM until 20-30 mins after kickoff. So probably a good idea to get there a few minutes before kick-off (or earlier, if you're coming to Malone's after 6:20 or so) as there will be 20+ people getting their tix.

Malone's is the pre-game spot, I'll try to be there from 5:30 or hopefully earlier.

I asked about flags thinking we'd be good to bring them in, apparently it should've been cleared earlier with events staff (my bad for zoning out on it), so the advice was to try and bring it in but don't be surprised if BC Place tries to stop you/confiscate it. If it's a banner maybe it can be tucked away somewhere and hung when we get inside.

ryan
05-14-2014, 12:56 PM
is that for winning the total aggregate or just the game? Interesting odds.

See you all at malones around 530. I might have an extra free ticket to the game for a tfc fan if you want to PM me.

I'd guess that's just the match.

Anyways, good luck to all the away fans. Make us proud.

Jeffro
05-14-2014, 01:02 PM
It's game day! See you guys at the pub!

KGH
05-14-2014, 01:22 PM
+320 now. And its just for the match

Walms
05-14-2014, 01:31 PM

That would be a great number if you guys were talking about our traveling support.... not the Vegas odds against us :facepalm:

KGH
05-14-2014, 01:36 PM
That would be a great number if you guys were talking about our traveling support.... not the Vegas odds against us :facepalm:

Edmonton is +500 at Montreal.

Lennon
05-14-2014, 01:59 PM

Nice odds if Vancouver plays a similar squad to last week ..

ManUtd4ever
05-14-2014, 02:46 PM
Robinson has confirmed that he will start the same squad tonight.

TFC is well rested. There are no excuses for failing to advance to the final.

defensor
05-14-2014, 02:57 PM
Robinson has confirmed that he will start the same squad tonight.

TFC is well rested. There are no excuses for failing to advance to the final.
source?

last I checked he's not going with the same squad, but a few of the same players including caducci

RedsYNWA
05-14-2014, 03:18 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/whitecaps-stick-with-young-squad-against-toronto-fc-1.2642612

ryan
05-14-2014, 03:20 PM
There's no excuse not to win. None.

OgtheDim
05-14-2014, 03:23 PM
FWIW

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/1554515_10152029261396805_7494860113641734303_n.jp g

I think Osorio starts on the left for Issy.

Pint
05-14-2014, 03:26 PM
Pretty sure Rey didn't train yesterday so i would expect him to be on the bench at best.

I also think that Hagglund has a very good shot at getting in and i wouldn't be surprised to see morgan come in

pdubs
05-14-2014, 03:27 PM
i agree we need to win and by a good margin. could of had a few more last week but we need to finish chances better. if we loose… idk…

edit- hope Defoe unleashes hell since he wasn't included in the 23

Red CB Toronto
05-14-2014, 03:28 PM
I do not expect Rey to see any action.

defensor
05-14-2014, 03:32 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/whitecaps-stick-with-young-squad-against-toronto-fc-1.2642612
even that article says it's not going to be the same squad. morales and laba in the middle make a huge difference

defensor
05-14-2014, 03:41 PM
seems like that expedia lineup is always wrong. Also Nelson will probably play bekker at holding mid and bradley attacking again. Along with Jackson instead of rey I think, but I don't know.

Funny how you guys expect an easy win.

themodelcitizen
05-14-2014, 03:44 PM

22 in our section at last count. Red army ;)

Walms
05-14-2014, 04:34 PM
22 in our section at last count. Red army ;)

Still a good number!
Bring the noise Boys!!! :flare::scarf::drum:

OgtheDim
05-14-2014, 04:41 PM

Funny how you guys expect an easy win.

Who the heck has said that?

Anyways, for some reason, Molinaro thinks Defoe won't start.

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 5h (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/466611965620547584) My projected #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) lineup for tonight: Bendik - Morgan, Henry, Orr, Hagglund - Osorio, Bekker, Bradley, Issey - Gilberto, L Moore

T-boy
05-14-2014, 04:44 PM
I really want to see Oso back in the centre of mid, he's much more dynamic than Bekker in the middle, he's a bit wasted out wide.

defensor
05-14-2014, 04:59 PM
Who the heck has said that?

Anyways, for some reason, Molinaro thinks Defoe won't start.

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 5h (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/466611965620547584) My projected #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) lineup for tonight: Bendik - Morgan, Henry, Orr, Hagglund - Osorio, Bekker, Bradley, Issey - Gilberto, L Moore
No one said it directly, but it's kind of implied when everyone is saying things like, "we should win by a big margin" or "there is no excuse not to win" ect..

that's weird he said that about defoe. hopefully that's not the case.

Isn't Osorio injured? He must be, I mean, Nelson isn't seriously playing beaker over Osorio is he?

Walms
05-14-2014, 05:06 PM
I really want to see Oso back in the centre of mid, he's much more dynamic than Bekker in the middle, he's a bit wasted out wide.

apparently Jonny is starting on the wing over Ray, with Bek & Bradley in the middle

LFC8
05-14-2014, 05:27 PM
I hope it's Moore and Defoe upfront. Moore's a very simple player. I think he and Defoe would have good chemistry.

Walms
05-14-2014, 06:10 PM
posted edited: no Edmonton win tonight

daner90
05-14-2014, 06:55 PM
Annnnnnnd L'impact get an early one......

Walms
05-14-2014, 06:58 PM
....yaa... shit.... there's a 2nd

Well, turning this off and going to the bar early now

JamboAl
05-14-2014, 08:13 PM
Edmonton now up on away goals. :hump:

Smokecell
05-14-2014, 08:32 PM
Unbelievable by FC Edmonton to score 2 late on the road! Can they hold on...6 mins added on

Smokecell
05-14-2014, 08:37 PM
....and the ref screws edmonton out of the final in the last min of stoppage time

JamboAl
05-14-2014, 08:38 PM
The Eddies just got done in by the referee.

Alonso
05-14-2014, 08:40 PM
Brutal ref decisions tonight...

Hope this doesn't carry over into out match.

pdubs
05-14-2014, 08:42 PM
terrible officiating in Montreal. like wow

Carefree
05-14-2014, 08:45 PM
I'm so sick of commentators describing bullshit calls as "controversial". There's no controversy here. Controversy means there are two opposing but equally valid points of view. Is there anyone out there who actually believes this penalty was deserved?

Leedsoronto
05-14-2014, 08:48 PM
No penalty

Ohh dear me, bad ref make the headlines again, Eddies had that in the bag

Just shows that you never can have enough goals.

daner90
05-14-2014, 08:48 PM
Wowwwwwwwww brutal.

Only good thing is an early season roadie to Montreal for us ;)

Nerepis
05-14-2014, 08:49 PM
Not sure how that could have been called a penalty unless the fix was in. But now we get to beat Vancouver and Montreal to win the Canadian Championship.

TFC John
05-14-2014, 08:52 PM
Is there a stream of the Toronto v Vancouver match?

pdubs
05-14-2014, 08:53 PM
Starting XI: Bendik, Hagglund, Orr, Henry, Morgan, Issey, Bradley, Bekker, Osorio, Moore, Gilberto

Bench: Konopka, Richter, Bloom, Lovitz, Defoe, De Rosario, Wiedeman.

Nerepis
05-14-2014, 08:55 PM
Is there a stream of the Toronto v Vancouver match?

Several here: http://atdhe.me/

jazzy
05-14-2014, 08:57 PM
both sides had tragic calls, non were penalties, and talk about diving....................worst was the owner Saputo on the field arguing with C. Miller, Ed's coach, CLASSLESS.....go eat some of your crappy cheese ......soccer has to come up with some , any system to overrule the crooked penalties that can dictate a matches conclusion . Until than the fix can be had . simple.....joke

amazed Mont and To's games on MSL live......great while it lasts...., of course it's all about viewing 'location'..:)

fiji_blue
05-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Sports Net 1

MightyDM
05-14-2014, 09:04 PM
That was so poor by the Referee, inconceivably bad. You didn't even need slow motion to see that his arms were bhind his back. Poor Edmonton. And what an earth was Joey Saputo doing on the pitch afterwards? The CSA needs to publicly apologize to Edmonton. Terrible.

namebutler
05-14-2014, 09:13 PM
I see poker from the online feeds.

OgtheDim
05-14-2014, 09:13 PM
Defoe being rested for a new guy?

I don't get that.

Jpexxx
05-14-2014, 09:17 PM

I don't get that.

Moore should be hungry.

Keeping Defoe fresh for NYRB?

Leedsoronto
05-14-2014, 09:22 PM
I see poker from the online feeds.

Poker is on SN1 too, so looks good for the game, enjoy

LFC8
05-14-2014, 09:24 PM
Definitely could be a fix. I mean the MLS would hate to see Edmonton advance.

defensor
05-14-2014, 09:24 PM
i would bet defoe comes on as a sub. they need to exploit the right and left backs of vancouver. Reo Cocker sucks there and the LB didn't look very good last game

OgtheDim
05-14-2014, 09:25 PM
MLS doesn't really care who the Canadian team is. CSA though....

Jpexxx
05-14-2014, 09:32 PM
Poker is on SN1 too, so looks good for the game, enjoy

Shit my stream on firstrow has the Jays game... Now i'm worried

Nvm they changed it lol... we are all goooood

defensor
05-14-2014, 09:36 PM
either change your ip to the states and go on mlssoccer or use wiziwig.tv

first row is for amateurs lol

OgtheDim
05-14-2014, 09:37 PM
Ugh....these commentators are going to be brutal.

Pookie
05-14-2014, 09:44 PM
Keep updates coming.

In a hotel with only sportsnet Ontario. They are currently showing the jays getting smoked 15-2. Soccer upcoming supposedly.

Good thing there isn't a lumberjack challenge on

shwade
Scary tfc squad...for us

brad
Grab a free VPN and go here:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/live/van-tfc

MightyDM
05-14-2014, 09:46 PM
Keep updates coming.

In a hotel with only sportsnet Ontario. They are currently showing the jays getting smoked 15-2. Soccer upcoming supposedly.

Good thing there isn't a lumberjack challenge on

Field is slippery.

Announcers just said Reo Coker back after "self concussing himself". Don't try that.

khso11
05-14-2014, 09:48 PM
Henry goallllllllllllllllll

pdubs
goallllllllllllll off a set piece

Bluenose13
Goooooaaaaaallllllll

OgtheDim
And that's what happens when you play a 17 year old in goal.

molenshtain
beautiful.

fiji_blue
OOO Yea LOL Nice Goal !!!!! OOOO GOOALIE.

MightyDM
Doneil Brutal but a goal! Pookie, from a free kick by Bradley

notthesun
05-14-2014, 09:49 PM
Garbage goal baby!

Carducci is nowhere near ready for this level, Robinson must seriously not care even the slightest about this competition.

Oblio2
lol....Nice start

shwade
Now they bunker down for the next 80

tfcfans
WooHoo!! A cheap one but a valuable away goal!

OgtheDim
Haggland gets some serious air there.

And now we are up 3-1. The away goal is dead. They need to score 2 or go to penalties.

defensor
05-14-2014, 09:50 PM
greasy lol. not gonna lie looked like cadurcci was fouled but we'll take it

Oblio2
05-14-2014, 09:51 PM
Not even close to being a foul...but whatever, its a goal...for us

Red CB Toronto
05-14-2014, 09:52 PM
Good to see Mr. Henry with the goal.

pdubs
05-14-2014, 09:53 PM
good combination play from us. it is like everyone is skating on ice tho. very slippery out there… might have some open looks either way if a defender messes up.

daner90
05-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Wooooo!!

shwade
05-14-2014, 09:56 PM
The rooster is down

molenshtain
05-14-2014, 09:57 PM
Doneil coming up huge

nlsanand
05-14-2014, 10:00 PM
Not even close to being a foul...but whatever, its a goal...for us Not a direct foul, but Henry is definitely offside.

OgtheDim
05-14-2014, 10:01 PM
Hmm.....what little we have seen of Moore, he is holding up the ball.

Oblio2
05-14-2014, 10:02 PM
You sure about that?

shwade
Wow bekker just let that guy walk past him

notthesun
Christ that was some awful marking.

pdubs
05-14-2014, 10:04 PM
morgan blocked a cross. omg

khso11
05-14-2014, 10:06 PM
Clean tackle, the ref is blind.

shwade
05-14-2014, 10:06 PM
Alderson. .. worse hair than bekker

Oblio2
05-14-2014, 10:07 PM
under pressure....dum dum dum da da da dum....

daner90
05-14-2014, 10:07 PM
Gotta buckle down here. This won't end well if we keep playing like this...

OgtheDim
05-14-2014, 10:08 PM
We miss Caldwell tonight. The back four not as organized and not stepping up when they can.

khso11
05-14-2014, 10:09 PM
This ref is absolutely BS

Oblio2
05-14-2014, 10:10 PM
You don't see that called often

pdubs
is this ref juiced? not a foul on orr

notthesun
What kind of ref calls a routine shielding of the ball as it nears the end line a foul? Nothing in that at all.

MightyDM
05-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Nelsen right into it with the fourth official there - he wants this.

OgtheDim
05-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Shoulder charge and the guy slips and he gives a foul.

Ugh...

Oblio2
05-14-2014, 10:14 PM
Def. yellow. Went way over the ball

Oblio2
05-14-2014, 10:15 PM
Nice free kick. Kid with the big save. I bet he feels better after that

khso11
Wow, Hagglund can jump

notthesun
Decent effort from Bradley. Hopefully this is the end of Bekker taking free kicks when Bradley is on the field.

edit: Hagglund got hops.

Red CB Toronto
05-14-2014, 10:17 PM
Nice save by the kid.

OgtheDim
05-14-2014, 10:19 PM
VCWC pressing has been effective. Somebody must not be moving around much.

Couchy81
05-14-2014, 10:26 PM

I don't get that.

I believe the issue is concrete. Don't want to injure him on that shit turf right before a big game this weekend.

Doesnt Thierry Henry have a no artificial turf clause in his contract? Im sure some other DPs do as well.

khso11
05-14-2014, 10:27 PM
fuck

Oblio2
05-14-2014, 10:27 PM
Rooster...fuck

QBall
05-14-2014, 10:28 PM
Poop. Defensive breakdown.

molenshtain
God Orr is slow

OgtheDim
Well that was less then surprising.

notthesun
Bendik should have came off his line. Mistake.

pdubs
05-14-2014, 10:29 PM
let see how nelson adjusts now. can't continue to sit everyone behind the ball. need to start getting some possession to take pressure off our defence.

gracos
We cannot play park the bus, it seems like we are just playing defense, and we slip up; guess who figures it out, and we are down to a single goal to go to extra time

Oblio2
Agreed. Bendik was slow on that....

OgtheDim
05-14-2014, 10:31 PM
Moore is not running to find spaces. He's just sitting there up top waiting for a ball.

Braunesque.

iansmcl
05-14-2014, 10:31 PM
Agreed. Bendik was slow on that....

Second that agreement. Needs to either get that ball or cut the angle off better.

Jings
05-14-2014, 10:32 PM
Becker needs to come off

notthesun
05-14-2014, 10:33 PM
It's funny because the goal didn't even come from us being under pressure. Simple high line beaten by a flick, and Orr kept Hurtado onside instead of playing the trap, at which point there was no chance of catching him.

edit: Bekker on the wrong side of Morales after the header down as well. If he's on Morales he can't play that ball.

gracos
05-14-2014, 10:34 PM
Am I the only one who doesnt find parking the bus the most effective style of football, quite frustrating as we cant let in another or else we will give away our advantage and we will have to score another, or else we are out

jabbronies
05-14-2014, 10:35 PM
Both CBs gave up on that goal.

smtavare
05-14-2014, 10:39 PM
Am I the only one who doesnt find parking the bus the most effective style of football, quite frustrating as we cant let in another or else we will give away our advantage and we will have to score another, or else we are out

Prekiball 2.0 anyone!!!

I fuckin hate this shit, where is the service to the forwards, hoofball, really cmon!!! with alll that $$$$ spent.

I just don't like Nelsons' game.

gracos
05-14-2014, 10:39 PM
Wheres Caldwell, Jackson, Morrow, and Rey.... not even on the bench

MightyDM
05-14-2014, 10:42 PM
I think it's a different reason - we are getting possession but don't break with it and get too cute with the ball. Counter attacking requires exactly that - counter. Attacking. Moving the ball fast to take advantage of the gaps when the other team commits men forward

Alonso
05-14-2014, 10:43 PM
Prekiball 2.0 anyone!!!

I fuckin hate this shit, where is the service to the forwards, hoofball, really cmon!!! with alll that $$$$ spent.

I just don't like Nelsons' game.

If this is how we're going to play I'm not a fan either.

Leedsoronto
05-14-2014, 10:45 PM
Oops, looks like we got the rub of the green on the first goal. Henry was way way off side, lucky the officials have no idea of the rules of footie

Oblio2
05-14-2014, 10:47 PM
LOL. Bradley arguing before kickoff...don't fuck with Bradley

Kaz
05-14-2014, 10:50 PM
WTF Bekker. Can someone slap him.

smtavare
05-14-2014, 10:52 PM
If they lose on aggregate today, and then on Saturday to the Red Bulls, I want Nelsons' head on a Platter.

Then give Bradley's dad a call if you know what I mean

Garbage, boring soccer - I will not call this TFC type of play - footy lol

jazzy
05-14-2014, 10:52 PM
Its like our players are not right for Nelson's heavy style.....no cohesion.....Van looks like they could break out for an onslot of goals.......not fun...someone tell me who IS our threat ?

jazzy
05-14-2014, 10:57 PM
I've got to believe the players also aren't happy with Nelson's unimaginative style.

Leedsoronto
05-14-2014, 10:58 PM
Becker is our threat, take him off and play with 10, he is threatening to give away this game on numerous occasions

Great run Gilberto, no one there on the x ?????

Oblio2
05-14-2014, 10:59 PM
Jesus

notthesun
Ughhhhhhhhhhhh. Amazing run by Gilberto and his touch just slightly lets him down right at the crucial moment. All he needed was one more good touch to set up a shot. It's killing me.

pdubs
henry wtf

pdubs
05-14-2014, 11:00 PM
Ughhhhhhhhhhhh. Amazing run by Gilberto and his touch just slightly lets him down right at the crucial moment. All he needed was one more good touch to set up a shot. It's killing me.
he is close and has quality. still have faith in him.

Oblio2
05-14-2014, 11:01 PM
do they have 2 extra players? Fuck....come on guys

pdubs
05-14-2014, 11:02 PM
bunker city u.s.a

pdubs
05-14-2014, 11:04 PM
big save from the kid

khso11
omg gilberto, hahahaha

notthesun
Chalk up another chance wasted by Gilberto. It's starting to get to me and I've been a fan of his so far.

Leedsoronto
05-14-2014, 11:05 PM
Wow what a save

khso11
Lovitz for Bekker

Leedsoronto
Horray !!!!!!

iansmcl
05-14-2014, 11:06 PM
What's the 411 on Lovitz?

MightyDM
05-14-2014, 11:06 PM
Gilbertos run is what I mean. You. Must counter. Ok to pause near their penalty area to hold up, but we have been doing it our side of centre, getting cute, and getting caught in their retreat.

AlanO
05-14-2014, 11:07 PM
Lovitz channeling his inner Ronaldo

notthesun
05-14-2014, 11:08 PM
What's the 411 on Lovitz?

Solid left foot, decent dribbler and crosser. Remains to be seen how he adepts with the quicker pace.

khso11
05-14-2014, 11:08 PM
Laba in, awkward......

flamehawk
05-14-2014, 11:09 PM
Laba in, awkward......

I am scared :(

iansmcl
05-14-2014, 11:09 PM
Solid left foot, decent dribbler and crosser. Remains to be seen how he adepts with the quicker pace.

Many thanks.

khso11
05-14-2014, 11:10 PM
Comon Gilberto, thats a free header, needs to be on goal

Oblio2
05-14-2014, 11:11 PM
Big Save

pdubs
05-14-2014, 11:12 PM
that's what we expect from bendik.

khso11
05-14-2014, 11:14 PM
Okay, needs to slow down the game.

notthesun
05-14-2014, 11:14 PM
Lovitz doing pretty well.

MightyDM
05-14-2014, 11:15 PM
That break by Vancouver is what we should doing when we counter

khso11
05-14-2014, 11:16 PM
Laba wants his number back

pdubs
05-14-2014, 11:16 PM
That break by Vancouver is what we should doing when we counter

exactly. we are not playing counter attacking football. we bunker and loose the ball pretty much instantly when we actually get possession. still hoofing with the long ball. less from the keeper, but everyone else just hoofs.

khso11
05-14-2014, 11:24 PM
3rd sub, DeRo for Gilberto

notthesun
05-14-2014, 11:25 PM
Good thing Gilberto can't speak english. I imagine he'd have blown a gasket by now with all the questions about how he can't seem to score.

khso11
05-14-2014, 11:26 PM
penalty, fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Oblio2
Oh..for fucks sake

QBall
Fuck Henry!

Kaz
Fucking henry!!!!!!!!!!!!