PDA

View Full Version : Houston Dynamo reward SSH with complimentary MLS Live subscription

Haddy
02-11-2014, 12:28 AM
http://www.houstondynamo.com/members/customrewards

Shakes McQueen
02-11-2014, 12:47 AM
Huh, that's pretty cool. I wonder how much a benefit like that "costs" them per person, since it's the league's service. I'd make it a standard offer for all MLS season ticket holders.

- Scott

razor787
02-11-2014, 06:46 AM
Huh, that's pretty cool. I wonder how much a benefit like that "costs" them per person, since it's the league's service. I'd make it a standard offer for all MLS season ticket holders.

- Scott

Tack on a $5 fee for all STH's foe the service. I wouldn't mind at all.

Derko
02-11-2014, 07:58 AM
I tried it out last year, was OK, I would use it it were free, I did notice that some TFC away games were blacked out, so i had to fuck around using a vpn, bit of a hassle.
I would rather a discounted parking pass or GO pass for game days.

Fort York Redcoat
02-11-2014, 08:04 AM
This would take away my motivation to go the Joe's. Nope.:drinking:

brad
02-11-2014, 08:30 AM
Unlikely we would see this, as it is in direct competition with the TV channels our owners sell to people. Indirectly, if they thought it would drive more internet business (subs, bandwidth charges, or package increases to handle the additional bandwidth), maybe.

bones
02-11-2014, 08:57 AM
Unlikely we would see this, as it is in direct competition with the TV channels our owners sell to people. Indirectly, if they thought it would drive more internet business (subs, bandwidth charges, or package increases to handle the additional bandwidth), maybe.

Bingo, aren't Belgers the top interwebs suppliers around here? Wouldn't it be a "good business" thing for TFC, aka Belgers to offer this service for free to it's SSH to potentially drive up their interwebs use and maybe get people to spend more $$$ on it? I'm stunned Belgers/TFC haven't thought of offering it at a super discount or free for all Belgers Cell phone customers. Drive up the usage of data and you drive up their profits.

Phil
02-11-2014, 09:09 AM
One thing I will kind of complain about was that I saw a tweet from the MLS saying your subscription would auto renew (at 20% off). It is a service I like so I kept an eye on it and sure enough it auto renewed. The email telling me about that went to my spam folder.

Seems to me the MLS should be emailing the users asking if they want to auto renew. Goodness knows how many people already have the service and don't even know.

ryan
02-11-2014, 09:26 AM
That's pretty standard in any business model to have you defaulted to auto renew, for the obvious reason you just mentioned. Not many people would fight to over turn it if they didn't want it so they cash in.

C.Ronaldo
02-11-2014, 09:34 AM
does the sportsnet world online auto renew?

their apps are unreliable, not happy with it for the price

kodiakTFC
02-11-2014, 12:40 PM
Absolutely phenomenal product IF, and only IF, you don't want to watch TFC. All games on TSN and TSN2 are blacked out and next year without the NHL, TSN is pushing MLS hard. Look at this schedule. I assume most of you are SSH so look at the away dates and see how many of those are actually only MLS Live. I love the platform but I won't be purchasing it this year, I found last year I watched very few games as opposed to previous years. I will say this, all teams should be offering this program to its SSH and it should MLS mandated. A major issue with MLS is that there are TFC fans, Impact fans, Crew fans, etc, but not many MLS fans. For this league to really grow its TV ratings, they need to grow the popularity of the league and not just its teams (if that makes sense?).

http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/toronto/files/2014-Full-Season-Schedule-Broadcast.png
I counted seven TFC games you will be able to watch on MLS Live.

ensco
02-11-2014, 01:18 PM
Anybody using a VPN tunnel to use this to watch TFC games? Does it work well?

Derko
02-11-2014, 01:48 PM

I found it unstable at times using UNODNS vpn tunnel, but might try again this year and see what happens.

Super
02-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Loving the late starts. Best team ever, best schedule ever.

prizby
02-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Absolutely phenomenal product IF, and only IF, you don't want to watch TFC. All games on TSN and TSN2 are blacked out and next year without the NHL, TSN is pushing MLS hard. Look at this schedule. I assume most of you are SSH so look at the away dates and see how many of those are actually only MLS Live. I love the platform but I won't be purchasing it this year, I found last year I watched very few games as opposed to previous years. I will say this, all teams should be offering this program to its SSH and it should MLS mandated. A major issue with MLS is that there are TFC fans, Impact fans, Crew fans, etc, but not many MLS fans. For this league to really grow its TV ratings, they need to grow the popularity of the league and not just its teams (if that makes sense?).

http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/toronto/files/2014-Full-Season-Schedule-Broadcast.png
I counted seven TFC games you will be able to watch on MLS Live.

this is not true...only games the are part of TSN's national contract (30 games spread out across the 3 teams or about 12 tfc games) are blacked out; as you can see sportsnet has 11 games; the other 22 tfc games are broadcasted as 'regional' games and aren't on a black out...they are however split evenly between sportsnet/snone/sn360 and tsn/tsn2...nothing has changed from last year

kodiakTFC
02-11-2014, 06:24 PM
this is not true...only games the are part of TSN's national contract (30 games spread out across the 3 teams or about 12 tfc games) are blacked out; as you can see sportsnet has 11 games; the other 22 tfc games are broadcasted as 'regional' games and aren't on a black out...they are however split evenly between sportsnet/snone/sn360 and tsn/tsn2...nothing has changed from last year

Oooo good to know.

FluSH
02-11-2014, 09:46 PM
We got $100Million! They can have subscriptions next year too g:D

glaze
02-11-2014, 09:56 PM
I don't think MLS Live would appeal to many SSH's. I think the offer TFC has been giving us the past 2 seasons has been great, and a far cry from the price increases and ransom packs of years gone by.But based on new subscriber pricing, I have worries about next year's renewal package..

jazzy
02-11-2014, 10:20 PM

will be doing so for the first time..........haven't had a problem so far with American channels , netflix and the like.....

lobo
02-11-2014, 10:41 PM
I found it unstable at times using UNODNS vpn tunnel, but might try again this year and see what happens.

try MediaHint ... it's a free VPN plug in for Chrome. I use it to watch Hulu and it works well.

prizby
02-11-2014, 11:13 PM
mls live or lower bowl raptors tickets?...if you really wanted mls live, you could sell your raptors tickets and probably make a little something on top

Ossington Mental Youth
02-12-2014, 02:19 AM
more on vpn/mls live here
http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?35337-Am-I-correct-in-reading-this-(local-black-outs-MLS-Live-or-whatever-related)

Shakes McQueen
02-12-2014, 03:07 AM
If you want a really simple VPN, just download TunnelBear.

- Scott