PDA

View Full Version : Am I correct in reading this (local black outs MLS Live or whatever related)

Ossington Mental Youth
02-03-2014, 10:15 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/02/03/mls-live-auto-renews-february-4

Only games on TSN are blacked out?
Is that correct?
I got mls live but was considering getting a vpn so I could watch the away games, so sick of finding shitty streams at the last minute and theres no way im paying for cable.

Alonso
02-03-2014, 10:21 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/02/03/mls-live-auto-renews-february-4

Only games on TSN are blacked out?
Is that correct?
I got mls live but was considering getting a vpn so I could watch the away games, so sick of finding shitty streams at the last minute and theres no way im paying for cable.

Yeah looks about right.

From what I gathered only nationally broadcast games on TSN would be blacked out.

"No local broadcast blackouts: Chicago Fire, Chivas USA, FC Dallas, Montreal Impact, New England Revolution, Philadelphia Union, Real Salt Lake, San Jose Earthquakes, Toronto FC."

This is a wierd group of teams, not sure what the common thread is... TFC home games are mostly bought up/sold out.

MartinUtd
02-03-2014, 10:40 PM
I use unblock-us.com for MLS live and to get US Netflix. It worked for just about every game I wanted except for the play offs which were nationally broadcasted in both counties. It's $5/month and you get a 7 day free trial to see if how you like it.

Kaz
02-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Yeah looks about right.

From what I gathered only nationally broadcast games on TSN would be blacked out.

"No local broadcast blackouts: Chicago Fire, Chivas USA, FC Dallas, Montreal Impact, New England Revolution, Philadelphia Union, Real Salt Lake, San Jose Earthquakes, Toronto FC."

This is a wierd group of teams, not sure what the common thread is... TFC home games are mostly bought up/sold out.

Likely because none of those teams have a TV deal with a local tv station.

TFC is all Cable stations. It's not like you see it aired on CBC Toronto any more.

I think I'm just going to find a Sports Bar that airs the games and watch there. I refuse to pay nearly 100+ a month for cable to watch a couple of football matches a year.

prizby
02-03-2014, 11:40 PM
TSN has a national tv contract that they bought; this contract allows them to show 30 games; 11 or 12 which will be tfc games with an equal number being vancouver or montreal; those games that are selected as part of the national contract, will be in effect, 'blacked out' regardless if tsn were to show it on tsn, tsn2, or any other channel bell may own...

in TFC's case, 12 TFC games were blacked out last season; the remaining 22 games were divided evenly between sportsnet and tsn as 'regional' games; the games that were designated as regional were also available live on MLS live

Ossington Mental Youth
02-04-2014, 06:35 AM
so basically i might as well get a vpn

prizby
02-04-2014, 08:16 AM
65% of the games will be on MLS Live

pdogg
02-04-2014, 09:13 AM
Assuming it's evenly split between home and away games, and you attend all home games, you are paying to see 1/3 of TFC games on MLS Live.

If you watch other teams' games, don't attend all home games, and/or you get a VPN, then the value of it goes up.

JDMD
02-04-2014, 10:18 AM
I had MLS Live last year and very few TFC games were actually blacked out. I think as others have mentioned, anything on TSN nationally is blacked out, but from my recollection that wasn't many games last year. I actually found that more Montreal games were blacked out than TFC.

Also note that the blacked-out games do become available 48 hours after broadcast, plus you have access to a 15 minute condensed version or a 6 minute highlight version right after the games (usually within a few hours). For me, paying the $50 a year was way cheaper than having to subscribe to the various sports cable channels (TSN2, all the SN including 360, etc.).

Finally, if you want to follow other teams, US games are never blacked out for Canadians so you have pretty much full coverage of the entire league every week. Sorry if this sounds like a sales pitch, but I am just a huge fan of the MLS Live service - I just wish they would release an app so I could play it through my Xbox!

pdogg
02-04-2014, 10:48 AM
I had MLS Live last year and very few TFC games were actually blacked out. I think as others have mentioned, anything on TSN nationally is blacked out, but from my recollection that wasn't many games last year. I actually found that more Montreal games were blacked out than TFC.

last year was far better than in previous seasons, which helped as I could not attend as many games because of our newborn. I was dissapointed about the Montreal/Vancouver situation but found myself watching a lot of out of market games because of it.

Finally, if you want to follow other teams, US games are never blacked out for Canadians so you have pretty much full coverage of the entire league every week. Sorry if this sounds like a sales pitch, but I am just a huge fan of the MLS Live service - I just wish they would release an app so I could play it through my Xbox!

US games are almost never blacked out. There were a few last season based on some weird criteria, but given the amount of games available, it was not a big deal.

As you mentioned, it is a great service, and I'd much prefer to pay for this, rather than cable (I only have antenna). Between MLB, NHL and MLS streaming services, my TV sports budget is much smaller and allows me much more flexibility then cable. Others may not have similar experience if they already subscribe to sports channels.

barticusz
02-04-2014, 10:56 AM
I get MLS Live every year and I can confirm that only TSN games are blacked out. So this year if you wanted to watch Whitecaps games too, you'd need to get a vpn as they are all on TSN or TSN2.

I find the service to be great. Never really have an issue with it. For 52.99 right now it's worth it if you like watching other teams too. Sporting KC, plus Portland are always good to watch.

Kaz
02-04-2014, 11:14 AM
I get MLS Live every year and I can confirm that only TSN games are blacked out. So this year if you wanted to watch Whitecaps games too, you'd need to get a vpn as they are all on TSN or TSN2.

I find the service to be great. Never really have an issue with it. For 52.99 right now it's worth it if you like watching other teams too. Sporting KC, plus Portland are always good to watch.

I may think about it then this year.. I haven't had it since 2008... but with it on my Apple TV I might give it a try.. haven't had Cable in over 4 years not missed it.

And if it blacked out.. still can head down to a bar and watch... if I can find one.

What I doesn't the league work it with these stations to charge $150 pay a portion of that to the channels of the TV deals, based on people location.. and have no blacked out games. You get more subscribers, the TV stations would get their fee and the fans get a great experience.

prizby
02-04-2014, 12:39 PM

only games blacked out on tsn are the one's that are part of the national broadcast deal with MLS; any game part of a regional broadcast deal (with the different teams) WAS NOT blacked out last year.

Auzzy
02-04-2014, 12:49 PM
I've had MLS Live for a couple of years (and have no cable/satellite TV). I can confirm what others have said: it was much better last year than in the previous few years. Very few games blacked out. Plus, IIRC a number of the TSN national games that were blacked out, were actually home games. Since I was in the stadium to see those anyway, it didn't matter.

For the remaining few blocked games, I was able to use http://un-block.us/ or https://www.tunnelbear.com/
Considering the free trials available from those (and other similar services), that was able to get me through most of the season.

Kayaker
02-04-2014, 12:52 PM
Another thing that I've tested out in previous year is that MLS live only checks your IP at the beginning of the stream (i.e. whenever you start it playing). I use a free vpn service (tunnel bear) that only allows 500mb a month. What I do is turn it on, start the game and then turn off the service.

Of course, MLS may change this at any point, but so far it has worked for me. Haven't missed a game that I've wanted to watch in 2 years.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-04-2014, 12:59 PM
Another thing that I've tested out in previous year is that MLS live only checks your IP at the beginning of the stream (i.e. whenever you start it playing). I use a free vpn service (tunnel bear) that only allows 500mb a month. What I do is turn it on, start the game and then turn off the service.

Of course, MLS may change this at any point, but so far it has worked for me. Haven't missed a game that I've wanted to watch in 2 years.

Dope, thanks

Alonso
02-04-2014, 01:08 PM

Sweet tip, thanks for this.

Also, LOVE how many on here have done away with cable/satellite subscriptions; makes me smile.

PopePouri
02-04-2014, 01:18 PM

Awesome. I've been weary to subscribe but I'm going to try this.

Sweet tip, thanks for this.

Also, LOVE how many on here have done away with cable/satellite subscriptions; makes me smile.

The age of Netflix.

C.Ronaldo
02-04-2014, 01:50 PM
Awesome. I've been weary to subscribe but I'm going to try this.

The age of Netflix.

consequence of over priced telvision

Kaz
02-04-2014, 02:03 PM
consequence of over priced telvision

It's Overpriced Television alright. Compared to what you get free OTA. I have to pay $60 for .. PBS, W network, Sportsnet, CP24 and YTV in HD... and I loose CW and Bounce (not that I watch often) Oh I also get a dozen variations of the same channels in different Timezones that I don't care about.

Ok so that is 12 months.

A season pass from iTunes is about $60 for shows on stations I don't get.. MLS is $60 right now. (insert the Apple Alternative if you hate Apple price really dosen't change)

So for the same price I can get everything (mostly) they offer, plus shows not included in that package commercial free and that I can later watch any time. .... add in $10 a month for Netflix..

I'm never left feeling left out.

If MLS could get a Cord cutter deal without blackouts in there.. we'd all be happy. But it's a good excuse to go out when there is a black out away game.

barticusz
02-04-2014, 03:52 PM

Thanks a fantastic tip.. Thanks Kayaker!

Jack
02-04-2014, 04:01 PM
VPN is the way to go. Then you can subscribe to services that actually offer you what you want to see, rather than having to take packages with a bunch of crap you'll never watch. Just make sure you get an internet service with a lot of bandwidth g:D

Alonso
02-04-2014, 08:12 PM
It's Overpriced Television alright. Compared to what you get free OTA. I have to pay $60 for .. PBS, W network, Sportsnet, CP24 and YTV in HD... and I loose CW and Bounce (not that I watch often) Oh I also get a dozen variations of the same channels in different Timezones that I don't care about.

Ok so that is 12 months.

A season pass from iTunes is about $60 for shows on stations I don't get.. MLS is $60 right now. (insert the Apple Alternative if you hate Apple price really dosen't change)

So for the same price I can get everything (mostly) they offer, plus shows not included in that package commercial free and that I can later watch any time. .... add in $10 a month for Netflix..

I'm never left feeling left out.

If MLS could get a Cord cutter deal without blackouts in there.. we'd all be happy. But it's a good excuse to go out when there is a black out away game.

To me this is worth more then all the money in the world.

Commercials (without trying to overstate it) are the bane of human existence.

I think commercials rank up there as the worst things to influence children in modern society.

I go so far to say, that commercials should be banned for anyone under 18.

Alonso
02-04-2014, 08:14 PM
VPN is the way to go. Then you can subscribe to services that actually offer you what you want to see, rather than having to take packages with a bunch of crap you'll never watch. Just make sure you get an internet service with a lot of bandwidth g:D

Unlimited Bandwidth: teksavvy.com Great internet service provider, and best of all, local Canadian company from Chatham Ontario. Support it bitches!

OgtheDim
02-04-2014, 08:58 PM
Reasons to get MLS Live

The usual best place to go for streams, firstrow, missed out on about 5 TFC games last year
Relying upon TSN2 to cover things is like relying upon your in laws to be on time
Quality of the stream on MLS live is adjustable
Seeing games on archive makes it easier to slamdunk that dork on Facebook who thinks Laba is crap and that TFC should never have gotten rid of DeRo...oh wait.....:)
Goal and card indicators mean you can watch the wonder goals talked about in the Guardian weekly wrap up without sitting through all sorts of boring passing possession stuff
Being able to go back and see exactly what happened during goals, fouls, cards, offsides
SloMo
Watching the rest of the league helps you realise how crap TFC is (maybe this season, how good)
If you are a masochist, listening to some of the worst soccer commentators you have ever heard..........oh wait you can mute the guys from Columbus and Philly and Dallas and....
Listening to some of the better soccer commentators in the league .....I'm thinking of the SJS guys
Where else can you hear the phrase "Sponsered by Bimbo"?
Listening to them live on mic during half time because MLS Live takes the direct feed without commercial
Watching 2-3 matches at at time
Endless pictures of 10 year olds yelling like mad because their team is playing and they have just had 4 Big Gulps worth of coke in about 20 minutes
Looking at other stadiums in the league and going........hmmmm.....
Laughing when the L'Impact do something stupid....and then playing it back again
Seeing home games again
You get to choose whether you want to listen to Jerry Dobson or not

C.Ronaldo
02-05-2014, 10:44 AM
Unlimited Bandwidth: teksavvy.com Great internet service provider, and best of all, local Canadian company from Chatham Ontario. Support it bitches!

no reason to use any of the big internet companies

teksavvy never goes down for me, rogers use to always disconnect.

C.Ronaldo
02-05-2014, 10:50 AM
Can i watch all games on replay?

or are those blacked out too?

I have the VPN service, but not on my phone

brad
02-05-2014, 11:43 AM
no reason to use any of the big internet companies

teksavvy never goes down for me, rogers use to always disconnect.

And my experience is exactly the opposite. I had Rogers for 9 years and never once had a problem. I moved to Teksavvy in Sept and have been down 5 times since. Always the same problem (provisioning issue), and they can't/won't fix the issue permanent. Every time I have to spend 30 minutes on hold with them then wait for up to a day for them to send the request off to Rogers to fix it.

A lot of it has to do with the luck of the draw on where you are located, and how provisioned (or over provisioned) your area is. Teksavvy used to be great all over (all the IT guys I used to work with used them - including senior level network guys that know this stuff inside out). If you read around the web a bit though, they have gone downhill a lot over the last little bit, due to expanding to rapidly. Lots and lots of stories about repeated outages, multi-day outages, poor customer service. Also lots of stories about long term users dropping them.

I'm on the fence, but I am close to leaving them.

C.Ronaldo
02-05-2014, 12:05 PM
And my experience is exactly the opposite. I had Rogers for 9 years and never once had a problem. I moved to Teksavvy in Sept and have been down 5 times since. Always the same problem (provisioning issue), and they can't/won't fix the issue permanent. Every time I have to spend 30 minutes on hold with them then wait for up to a day for them to send the request off to Rogers to fix it.

A lot of it has to do with the luck of the draw on where you are located, and how provisioned (or over provisioned) your area is. Teksavvy used to be great all over (all the IT guys I used to work with used them - including senior level network guys that know this stuff inside out). If you read around the web a bit though, they have gone downhill a lot over the last little bit, due to expanding to rapidly. Lots and lots of stories about repeated outages, multi-day outages, poor customer service. Also lots of stories about long term users dropping them.

I'm on the fence, but I am close to leaving them.

similar with Acanac, I never had issues with them either, but friend closer to the lake had much slower speeds. still never down though

C.Ronaldo
02-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Can i watch all games on replay?

or are those blacked out too?

I have the VPN service, but not on my phone

just so i get an answer , i want to buy mls live before the sale is over

Kaz
02-05-2014, 12:09 PM
you can watch games on replay but after 48 hours.

PopePouri
02-05-2014, 12:09 PM
just so i get an answer , i want to buy mls live before the sale is over

All blacked out games are available two days after and yes, you can watch old TFC games from season's past.

brad
02-05-2014, 12:22 PM
All blacked out games are available two days after and yes, you can watch old TFC games from season's past.

How far back can you go? It would be amusing to watch some games from the first season

JDMD
02-05-2014, 12:23 PM
How far back can you go? It would be amusing to watch some games from the first season

It looks like you can only go back to 2010 (although 'only' isn't really fair - that's still a pretty impressive on-demand catalog!).

Jack
02-05-2014, 12:30 PM
I am looking at Teksavvy and Start Communications, as well. Both are Canadian.

PopePouri
02-05-2014, 12:33 PM
If you torrent and pirate stuff, be careful with Teksavvy. Movie companies are targeting smaller ISPs.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/06/28/teksavvy_n_3517688.html

C.Ronaldo
02-05-2014, 12:42 PM
If you torrent and pirate stuff, be careful with Teksavvy. Movie companies are targeting smaller ISPs.

damn, that blows!

thisisinternetclash
02-05-2014, 12:52 PM
I never post on here, but this information seems like it might be useful to several of you. This is from the official MLS Live renewal email I received from the league not too long ago:

FOUR SEASONS OF ARCHIVES
All subscriptions include access to four years of archived MLS matches using the web version of MLS LIVE. You can watch the full match or a condensed version. New for 2014, archives of local broadcasts will no longer be subject to a 24-hour blackout period.

brad
02-05-2014, 01:01 PM
I never post on here, but this information seems like it might be useful to several of you. This is from the official MLS Live renewal email I received from the league not too long ago:

That is very cool - thanks.

brad
02-05-2014, 01:09 PM
I am looking at Teksavvy and Start Communications, as well. Both are Canadian.

The major downside to any of these smaller companies is that they are using Rogers and Bells backbones, and they have to rely on them for support at that level. If they have to have a problem that is on Bell/Rogers side, they need to open a service ticket with them and wait for them to resolve it. I've mostly had good luck and a quick turnaround time, but as you can imagine, Bell and Rogers are going to have little incentive to fix there competitors problems and quicker than required, since 99% of customers will have no clue as to the tech side of things and just blame the provider.

It also means they can never give you an ETA on when your problem will be fixed.

Despite what I have said here - I'd still recommend giving them a shot if you are prepared to eat a couple hundred dollars for modem purchase and setup if they aren't good for your location. If they work for you, they are great.

Jack
02-05-2014, 01:18 PM
The major downside to any of these smaller companies is that they are using Rogers and Bells backbones, and they have to rely on them for support at that level. If they have to have a problem that is on Bell/Rogers side, they need to open a service ticket with them and wait for them to resolve it. I've mostly had good luck and a quick turnaround time, but as you can imagine, Bell and Rogers are going to have little incentive to fix there competitors problems and quicker than required, since 99% of customers will have no clue as to the tech side of things and just blame the provider.

It also means they can never give you an ETA on when your problem will be fixed.

Despite what I have said here - I'd still recommend giving them a shot if you are prepared to eat a couple hundred dollars for modem purchase and setup if they aren't good for your location. If they work for you, they are great.
I've looked into that and understand that side of things. Not only that, but given that we have moved completely to an all-streaming (ie. no cable) household, we will quickly recoup the costs of the modem (especially since we smash our shitty Rogers bandwidth cap every month). Just saving that alone will knock ~$30 a month off our bill, not to mention that these companies have lower prices for similar speed packages. Anyway, I'm going to give it a try and, should it not work out, I'll probably try Bell, since Rogers is just garbage (low caps, no unlimited and generally crap).

brad
02-05-2014, 01:33 PM
I've looked into that and understand that side of things. Not only that, but given that we have moved completely to an all-streaming (ie. no cable) household, we will quickly recoup the costs of the modem (especially since we smash our shitty Rogers bandwidth cap every month). Just saving that alone will knock ~$30 a month off our bill, not to mention that these companies have lower prices for similar speed packages. Anyway, I'm going to give it a try and, should it not work out, I'll probably try Bell, since Rogers is just garbage (low caps, no unlimited and generally crap).

What I meant was eating the cost of the setup/modem if the service turns out to be terrible in your location and you have to switch providers as a result.

The actual fee as you mention gets paid for by the savings quite quickly. We kicked cable to the curb in the fall and don't miss it.

Kaz
02-05-2014, 01:58 PM
The other one for me is what do I do with the modem after.. I have three different modems that I can't do anything with. I don't like the rental of Modems.. and more specifically Cable boxes. (the reason I refuse to have cable more then any other.. it is totally unnecessary, a HDTV is perfectly capable of decoding any standard signal.

But Techsavvy is on my list.. I've had no issue with Rogers.. but.. the bandwidth is a issue... I could get the same speed with unlimited bandwidth with techsavvy for the same price I have now.. no more cap worry.

Alonso
02-05-2014, 04:56 PM

No issues for me so far.

They aren't going to bother because fines are capped at $5,000 for an individual if I remember correctly.

It'll cost them more in lawyers fees to prosecute a case and I have a feeling judges would likely be lenient for first time offenders and issues fines as low as $100, which means that they would be losing thousands of dollars per case.

I don't see it going anywhere.

GhostKiller
02-05-2014, 05:14 PM
I've recently renewed and this was in the email.

"BLACKOUTS:All subscriptions are subject to national and local blackout policies. Nationally televised matches (ESPN, ESPN2, NBC, NBCSN, UniMas in the United States and TSN or RDS in Canada) are blacked out, but are available in the archives 48 hours after the match. Local blackout policies are set by the clubs and vary by market. Write to feedback@mlssoccer.com for details on local blackouts."

Not sure what the talk of no blackout is about. Nothing in the email about it.

Auzzy
02-05-2014, 08:08 PM
I've recently renewed and this was in the email.

"BLACKOUTS:All subscriptions are subject to national and local blackout policies. Nationally televised matches (ESPN, ESPN2, NBC, NBCSN, UniMas in the United States and TSN or RDS in Canada) are blacked out, but are available in the archives 48 hours after the match. Local blackout policies are set by the clubs and vary by market. Write to feedback@mlssoccer.com for details on local blackouts."

Not sure what the talk of no blackout is about. Nothing in the email about it.

I don't think anybody said there is no blackout? Nationally-televised TSN matches will be blocked as in previous years, but that's not many games, and some are home games you can watch in the stadium. And there are ways around the blackout.

But I think the "48 hours" thing mentioned in the email may be out of date, I got different info from MLS Live when my subscription was just renewed.

Oldtimer
02-12-2014, 09:05 AM
Reasons to get MLS Live

* No spyware

SilverSamurai
02-16-2014, 11:06 AM
Just wondering, if MLS Live will work through a web browser and if they show the V's Cup & CCL Matches?

Seems you have to watch it on a tablet or through AppleTV/Roku...

Thanks! :)

OgtheDim
02-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Just wondering, if MLS Live will work through a web browser and if they show the V's Cup & CCL Matches?

Seems you have to watch it on a tablet or through AppleTV/Roku...

Thanks! :)

I watch it on my computer exclusively.

CCL are streamed for free by CONCACAF. V cup.....not sure.

Yohan
02-19-2014, 10:46 AM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/02/19/mls-live-preseason-discount-ends-today

Discount ends today

anto7
02-19-2014, 07:12 PM
Was thinking about buying this tonight but I have a question before I commit. When I look at the TFC broadcast schedule it shows only 11 of 34 games that are not on TSN or TSN 2. How do you know which games are the nationally broadcast ones and which are not ?
cheers anyone

anto7
02-19-2014, 07:53 PM
Looking at the tv schedule on MLSSoccer.com, it shows 10 games listed as exclusively on MLS Live, 1 game on Unimas or something like that and the rest on MLS live and TSN/TSN 2. So I assume people in the US can see all of those games live on MLS live but how many can we see ?

Auzzy
02-19-2014, 09:26 PM
Last year TSN 2 games weren't blocked, I don't think they should be blocked this season either. I believe you will be able to see TSN 2 & Sportsnet games on MLS Live (http://www.torontofc.ca/schedule).

Also, many of the TSN games are also TFC home games. In my case, I almost always watch those live at BMO Field, so it doesn't matter to me that those home games are blocked. Not sure about your situation.

anto7
02-20-2014, 06:38 AM
Last year TSN 2 games weren't blocked, I don't think they should be blocked this season either. I believe you will be able to see TSN 2 & Sportsnet games on MLS Live (http://www.torontofc.ca/schedule).

Also, many of the TSN games are also TFC home games. In my case, I almost always watch those live at BMO Field, so it doesn't matter to me that those home games are blocked. Not sure about your situation.

OK, thanks for the info. I went ahead and ordered it last night, looking forward to it. One last question, when using the app on my iPad I could not find the archived games, only highlights. Where do you find full games ?

Auzzy
02-20-2014, 05:26 PM
Oops, not sure, never tried it from an app! Maybe somebody else can help...

prizby
02-21-2014, 03:24 AM
OK, thanks for the info. I went ahead and ordered it last night, looking forward to it. One last question, when using the app on my iPad I could not find the archived games, only highlights. Where do you find full games ?

not sure if it has changed, but from an ipad, all i could watch was live

whyalwaysme11
02-21-2014, 07:10 PM
i enjoy watching tfc away games with different color commentators. i think apple tv now has an mls live app.
if your going the no cable route i think sports net world online and mls is good combo to have.
sports net world online for champions league although NBC's feed to tsn this year for EPL has been great.

anto7
02-22-2014, 08:52 AM
i enjoy watching tfc away games with different color commentators. i think apple tv now has an mls live app.
if your going the no cable route i think sports net world online and mls is good combo to have.
sports net world online for champions league although NBC's feed to tsn this year for EPL has been great.

OMG.....totally forgot about MLS live being on Apple TV, thanks brother. And I was going to stream games from my IPad to my Apple TV....lol.
Still cannot find archived games on Apple TV though or my IPad.
i have the Sportsnet World online/MLS Live combo now. Just a little worried about watching the upcoming World Cup, not sure if Sportsnet World is going to be showing any games.

akoto
02-22-2014, 09:06 AM
If I'm not mistaken CBC is broadcasting this World Cup.

prizby
02-22-2014, 09:13 AM
OMG.....totally forgot about MLS live being on Apple TV, thanks brother. And I was going to stream games from my IPad to my Apple TV....lol.
i have the Sportsnet World online/MLS Live combo now. Just a little worried about watching the upcoming World Cup, not sure if Sportsnet World is going to be showing any games.

doesn't cbc have the world cup rights; pretty sure they streamed the 2010 world cup games online for free

whyalwaysme11
02-22-2014, 10:07 AM
doesn't cbc have the world cup rights; pretty sure they streamed the 2010 world cup games online for free

yup cbc and tln

whyalwaysme11
02-22-2014, 10:15 AM

no archive on the iPhone app or iPad. I wonder if there is an archive on apple tv???? better be.
Last year my iPhone app was stuck in a Houston game, i could not get it off the homepage I guess that could be considered an archive :) .

anto7
02-22-2014, 11:18 AM
no archive on the iPhone app or iPad. I wonder if there is an archive on apple tv???? better be.
Last year my iPhone app was stuck in a Houston game, i could not get it off the homepage I guess that could be considered an archive :) .

I could not not find any archives of full games on Apple TV, only highlights

Kaz
02-22-2014, 12:14 PM
They may only have one season of Archives. So last seasons games may not be archived.

I know that I have seen options to watching older games in the same season on Apple TV, as I use it to check highlights even without MLS Live.

jazzy
02-28-2014, 08:05 PM
I'm late to the discussion but I've had Teksavvy for a year and my service has been pretty good. At least I can reach them when I have a problem . I used approx 140 GB this month so I only need their 300 GB package..I think the key to success with them is when signing up try to evaluate your signal strength and into home delivery. Ie: outside cable and true capacity and quality available. I demanded all new wiring into my house and they had to do it. They were simply working under contract to Rogers. It is rare to ever get a true Rogers guy. It took me 3 , different appointments to get what I wanted btw, including 1 complete teardown of new wire from the backyard because the first guy was completely incompetent. Make the installer measure the signal before and after the install........because on the second attempt the signal was 2 strong and the modem wouldn't work. Now I constantly get approx 40 mbs and watch American Netflix always along with free ABC NBC CBS PBS and now looking forward to mls live....I pay for tunnelbear and for me it's worth it. May look into itunes also. Btw I also use an antenna . For a laugh Rogers has since been calling us and offering us unlimited high speed optical cable free modem all guaranteed at $8.00 cheaper than Teksavvy forever....ha. Been there done that. Btw, Teksavvy was behind the supreme court challenge fighting those hurt locker Co trying to take people to court. They actually won a battle, if not the war, because now those companies cannot simply send anyone threathening letters anymore ,they first have to be approved by the courts and the company has to pay the costs of that so they may now think twice about the expense.

FluSH
03-16-2014, 07:45 PM
Reasons to get MLS Live

The usual best place to go for streams, firstrow, missed out on about 5 TFC games last year
Relying upon TSN2 to cover things is like relying upon your in laws to be on time
Quality of the stream on MLS live is adjustable
Seeing games on archive makes it easier to slamdunk that dork on Facebook who thinks Laba is crap and that TFC should never have gotten rid of DeRo...oh wait.....:)
Goal and card indicators mean you can watch the wonder goals talked about in the Guardian weekly wrap up without sitting through all sorts of boring passing possession stuff
Being able to go back and see exactly what happened during goals, fouls, cards, offsides
SloMo
Watching the rest of the league helps you realise how crap TFC is (maybe this season, how good)
If you are a masochist, listening to some of the worst soccer commentators you have ever heard..........oh wait you can mute the guys from Columbus and Philly and Dallas and....
Listening to some of the better soccer commentators in the league .....I'm thinking of the SJS guys
Where else can you hear the phrase "Sponsered by Bimbo"?
Listening to them live on mic during half time because MLS Live takes the direct feed without commercial
Watching 2-3 matches at at time
Endless pictures of 10 year olds yelling like mad because their team is playing and they have just had 4 Big Gulps worth of coke in about 20 minutes
Looking at other stadiums in the league and going........hmmmm.....
Laughing when the L'Impact do something stupid....and then playing it back again
Seeing home games again
You get to choose whether you want to listen to Jerry Dobson or not

I was looking for this thread earlier today... Debating on whether I should get MLS Live or not... I've gotten it before and enjoyed it... This sold me again lol

Abou Sky
03-16-2014, 09:19 PM
I love MLS Live, I won this year's subscription playing 'three goal monte'

I want a similar service for EPL and Serie A

FluSH
03-16-2014, 09:21 PM
I love MLS Live, I won this year's subscription playing 'three goal monte'

I want a similar service for EPL and Serie A

Nice!

pdogg
03-24-2014, 08:54 AM
Looks like they changes the black out policy on TSN2 - here is the one they had at renewal time, and then they changed it on March 6th when the seasons started. Notice that TSN2 is now listed.

*BLACKOUT POLICIES
MLS LIVE is available in the United States, Canada and Mexico. The service is not available to fans living or traveling outside of North America. All nationally televised matches are blacked out, but are available 48 hours after the match in the archives. Local broadcast blackouts are set by the clubs and their broadcast partners. Write to feedback@mlssoccer.com for more information on blackout polices and local blackout regions.
Blackout policies as of December 2, 2013. Policies subject to change.
No local broadcast blackouts: Chicago Fire (http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/teams/chi), Chivas USA (http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/teams/chv), FC Dallas (http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/teams/dal), Montreal Impact (http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/teams/mon), New England Revolution (http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/teams/nwe),Philadelphia Union (http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/teams/phi), Real Salt Lake (http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/teams/rea), San Jose Earthquakes, Sporting KC, Toronto FC (http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/teams/tor), Vancouver Whitecaps.

USA
ESPN, ESPN2, NBC, NBCSN, UniMas; available 48 hours after match

Canada
TSN, RDS; available 48 hours after match

Mexico
None

Colorado Rapids (http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/teams/cor)
Altitude Sports broadcast region

Columbus Crew (http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/teams/col)
FOX Sports Ohio broadcast region

D.C. United
CSN Mid-Atlantic broadcast region

Houston Dynamo (http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/teams/hou)
Matches on KPRC

LA Galaxy
Time Warner SportsNet broadcast region

NY Red Bulls
MSG broadcast region

Portland Timbers (http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/teams/por)
ROOT Sports, KPTV, KPDX broadcast regions

Seattle Sounders
KONG, KING broadcast regions

Blackout policies as of March 6, 2014. Policies subject to change.

USA
ESPN, ESPN2, NBC, NBCSN, UniMas; available 48 hours after match

Canada
TSN, TSN2, RDS; available 48 hours after match

Mexico
None

SilverSamurai
03-24-2014, 09:56 AM
Looks like they changes the black out policy on TSN2 - here is the one they had at renewal time, and then they changed it on March 6th when the seasons started. Notice that TSN2 is now listed.

So there are no more local blackouts?
Am i reading that correctly?
That's why I didn't pick it up, plus it seemed like you had to watch it on apple tv or something.
I just wanted to watch it on my computer...

pdogg
03-24-2014, 10:02 AM
That's why I didn't pick it up, plus it seemed like you had to watch it on apple tv or something.

More blackouts, actually. TSN2 was added as a National broadcast, so those games are now blacked out, as opposed to back in December when it was not listed. There are only 11 non-TSN/TSN2 broadcasts for TFC this year, and 4 of them are home games. So anyone who bought it to watch away games, will only pick up 7 of them live (without a VPN).

As for what you need to watch it, I use my iPad, Android phone and laptop to watch games. I think there are other options (PS4/XBone/Roku) as well, can't remember, as they didn't apply to me.

SilverSamurai
03-24-2014, 11:36 AM
More blackouts, actually. TSN2 was added as a National broadcast, so those games are now blacked out, as opposed to back in December when it was not listed. There are only 11 non-TSN/TSN2 broadcasts for TFC this year, and 4 of them are home games. So anyone who bought it to watch away games, will only pick up 7 of them live (without a VPN).

As for what you need to watch it, I use my iPad, Android phone and laptop to watch games. I think there are other options (PS4/XBone/Roku) as well, can't remember, as they didn't apply to me.

Computer would be fine, but I'm not going to pay for only 7 games.
Thanks for the info. I'm certainly going to be passing on this now.

Lennon
03-24-2014, 11:40 AM
There's a way to avoid blackouts. Using Easy-Hide-IP (http://www.easy-hide-ip.com/) you can watch any game from anywhere .. I was able to watch the home opener from Lima where MLS Live isn't even available. It's $30 but they have a 3 day trial if you wanna give it a try this weekend.

PopePouri
03-24-2014, 12:47 PM
If you use Chrome, you can use the Zenmate plugin when the stream loads and then turn it off when it works.

Jack
03-24-2014, 12:57 PM
I've got my MLS Live sub and my Apple TV. Unblock-us free trial is ready to go for this week and I got a ton of extra bandwidth after I threatened Rogers with switching, so I'm finally set up to watch some MLS on my 46" screen g:D

gunnerken
03-24-2014, 01:06 PM
Anyone else using MLS LIVE app on a Google Nexus (7 or 10)? I had it last year and it worked like a charm. This year (have subsequently updated my tablet a couple of times), not so much. I have an inquiry into their support team but I saw a comment from a couple of weeks ago on the app page from someone saying they had similar issues on this type of device.

Auzzy
03-24-2014, 01:09 PM

Wow that's eff'ed up if they seriously changed the policy. I bought MLS Live before the season started, based on TSN2 games being streamed (like last year). That pisses me off to no end. I know there are ways around & I've tried them, but it's seriously upsetting for them to push people to sign to early renewals for MLS Live, and then change the policy.

Hmm, I guess TFC is owned by Rogers and Bell now...

Auzzy
03-24-2014, 01:14 PM

pdogg, thanks for the heads-up about this. Where did you get those detailed blackout policies from? The general info at http://live.mlssoccer.com/mlsmdl/help.jsp#BLACKOUTS doesn't have the details.

pdogg
03-24-2014, 01:43 PM
For December 2013 (https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsports.yahoo.com%2Fnews%2F20-off-2014-mls-live-083000867--spt.html&ei=jXswU5KiOcynqQHDyoD4Dw&usg=AFQjCNEkac3KTs75xZNaT2eesVMkCQMwsA&sig2=vE1L5vQRhBVAlqQQtcOfuw&bvm=bv.62922401,d.aWM) - press release from MLS on Yahoo News -

And the just revised ones here - http://www.mlssoccer.com/blackout

Auzzy
03-24-2014, 01:58 PM
For December 2013 (https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsports.yahoo.com%2Fnews%2F20-off-2014-mls-live-083000867--spt.html&ei=jXswU5KiOcynqQHDyoD4Dw&usg=AFQjCNEkac3KTs75xZNaT2eesVMkCQMwsA&sig2=vE1L5vQRhBVAlqQQtcOfuw&bvm=bv.62922401,d.aWM) - press release from MLS on Yahoo News -

And the just revised ones here - http://www.mlssoccer.com/blackout

OK, thanks!

brad
03-24-2014, 03:20 PM
I've got my MLS Live sub and my Apple TV. Unblock-us free trial is ready to go for this week and I got a ton of extra bandwidth after I threatened Rogers with switching, so I'm finally set up to watch some MLS on my 46" screen g:D

This works like a charm. Quality is great on MLS Live. I love the Apple TV solution as well. Feels like I'm watching cable - not streaming.

Some games are blacked out in the US as well as Canada. Nothing is blacked out in Mexico though, MLS Live is available there, and Un-Block US has an option for Mexico. Those dots should be pretty easy to connect :-)

anto7
03-24-2014, 03:37 PM
I just went on MLS live a couple of minutes ago. The TFC v DC game is still showing blackout, I assume since it's not been 48 hours yet. But when I go to the RSL game for Sat and click the link to check for local blackouts it's appears to show that it's available to me to watch. We will find out Sat I guess, I was counting on watching it on MLS live on Apple TV.

Abou Sky
03-24-2014, 03:40 PM
I just went on MLS live a couple of minutes ago. The TFC v DC game is still showing blackout, I assume since it's not been 48 hours yet. But when I go to the RSL game for Sat and click the link to check for local blackouts it's appears to show that it's available to me to watch. We will find out Sat I guess, I was counting on watching it on MLS live on Apple TV.

I don't know if you can get tunnel bear on apple TV but I swear by it.

Jack
03-24-2014, 03:40 PM
This works like a charm. Quality is great on MLS Live. I love the Apple TV solution as well. Feels like I'm watching cable - not streaming.

Some games are blacked out in the US as well as Canada. Nothing is blacked out in Mexico though, MLS Live is available there, and Un-Block US has an option for Mexico. Those dots should be pretty easy to connect :-)
Viva Mexico! g:D

Alonso
03-24-2014, 04:14 PM
Yeah Tunnel Bear is free if you use the smallest data package.

Once the stream starts you turn tunnelbear off to avoid using data, and the stream continues on.

Some one in RPB land (forget who it was now...) enlightened me on this one and it works like a charm.

brad
03-24-2014, 04:42 PM
I don't know if you can get tunnel bear on apple TV but I swear by it.

You can't, but if you have an iPhone or iPad you can get it for that and stream from there to Apple TV via airplay. Or from a Mac if you can stream via airplay

Yeah Tunnel Bear is free if you use the smallest data package.

Once the stream starts you turn tunnelbear off to avoid using data, and the stream continues on.

Some one in RPB land (forget who it was now...) enlightened me on this one and it works like a charm.

Only for games not blacked out in the US (I'm not sure how many of our are). The Seattle game was also blacked out in the US - I tried Tunnel Bear for this and it didn't work. They have no Mexican option, which is the other place MLS live is available. Setting unblock-us to Mexico fixed the issue.

You can get a free trial for 1 week for unblock-us - so that will get you past one blacked out game. It's a great service though - faster than using a VPN tunnel like tunnel bear (unless you turn TB off after starting)

barticusz
03-24-2014, 04:43 PM
Very upset with MLS Live for adding TSN2 games. TSN2 doesn't come as part of a standard sports package for most cable companies unlike TSN and so in that sense I don't think it should be used as a National provider. Not that my opinion matters.

jazzy
03-24-2014, 09:12 PM

I watch on my computer, actually seems New York fans getting screwed the most...even if Spanish TV showing it they're blocked......but VPN and any way you can 'adjust' it is very effective . I am loving it this year esp with the league getting very competitive . And usually very good quality . My tab works well too.

anto7
03-25-2014, 05:03 PM
Perhaps I'm getting my hopes up too much and they will be shot down on Sat night, however, right now the MLS live site shows the Vancouver game as blacked out but not the TFC game. When I click on the TFC game it has a countdown to kick-off time and says I am watching the game.
Here's hoping.
Also noticed it shows that they have picked up the game one ABC 4

barticusz
03-25-2014, 05:38 PM
Anyone have success using a vpn to stream from an iPad? I would like to do this so that i can connect that to my TV. If so, would you mind PMing me? I'm looking to rid myself of Cable if at all possible.

pdogg
03-25-2014, 07:05 PM
Anyone have success using a vpn to stream from an iPad? I would like to do this so that i can connect that to my TV. If so, would you mind PMing me? I'm looking to rid myself of Cable if at all possible.

I've used Private Internet Access for all my VPN needs. Lots of options, good customer service - so far. I have it setup on my router, our computers and the iPads, depending on what we need to enable.

I haven't had cable for years, just HD antenna, broadcasters websites and netflix.

barticusz
03-25-2014, 08:01 PM
I've used Private Internet Access for all my VPN needs. Lots of options, good customer service - so far. I have it setup on my router, our computers and the iPads, depending on what we need to enable.

I haven't had cable for years, just HD antenna, broadcasters websites and netflix.

Any noticeable change in your speed by using this service/

brad
03-25-2014, 09:37 PM

Can't comment on this - but un-block.us will not affect your speed since it is not a VPN. Make your computer look like it is various locations, but does not route your traffic through those locations like a VPN does.

Also tunnelbear works on the iPad and is really easy to setup/use. It gives you 5GB free per month, so you can set it up and test it out. Download the TunnelBear app and follow the instructions. You can grab the SpeedTest app and try it with and without the VPN enabled to get an idea of how much it affects you.

Abou Sky
03-25-2014, 10:00 PM

Tunnel bear slows you down quite a bit but you can watch MLS Live at 720p no problem. You just can't do much else.

Kaz
03-25-2014, 10:21 PM
How does it work on the Apple TV? is yours jailbroken? or is there a way to do it without... I'd love to have a VPN for it. MLS live (I had it in 2009) is actually decent and I'd like to watch it on the tv.

Jack
03-25-2014, 10:39 PM
How does it work on the Apple TV? is yours jailbroken? or is there a way to do it without... I'd love to have a VPN for it. MLS live (I had it in 2009) is actually decent and I'd like to watch it on the tv.
I put the DNS in from unblock-us and I've been watching US Netflix so far. I got an app on my iPhone that lets me swap countries for unblock-us access, which made Netflix work where it wasn't. I haven't tried a live MLS match yet.

Kaz
03-25-2014, 10:52 PM
I put the DNS in from unblock-us and I've been watching US Netflix so far. I got an app on my iPhone that lets me swap countries for unblock-us access, which made Netflix work where it wasn't. I haven't tried a live MLS match yet.
Just visited the website.. that make sense now. nifty.

Jack
03-28-2014, 10:00 AM
The big test will be tomorrow. I'll report back with how it works.

brad
03-28-2014, 11:24 AM
The big test will be tomorrow. I'll report back with how it works.

I watched the Seattle game and my wife watched the DC game with this exact setup. Worked great - high quality as well.

brad
03-28-2014, 11:26 AM

If you do want to use a tunnel you can use one on an iPhone or iPad and Airplay the MLS Live app from there to your Apple TV.

unblock DNS makes that all much simpler though.

Jack
03-28-2014, 01:11 PM
If you do want to use a tunnel you can use one on an iPhone or iPad and Airplay the MLS Live app from there to your Apple TV.

unblock DNS makes that all much simpler though.
Yeah, I am using unblock us right now and it's working fine. If I run into issues with the game tomorrow, I'll try for a Mexico DNS.

PopePouri
03-28-2014, 02:15 PM
Just got an Apple TV and subscribed to Unblock us. Can't complain.

Kaz
03-28-2014, 02:56 PM
Well this will likely happen then.. because honestly if it means I don't have to pay 60 a month for cable.. plus what ever it is for the package for TSN HD.. then great. :D I try to do things on the level at all times, MLS live just isn't worth it if I can't watch the games live. if Unblock US works on Apple TV then awesome :D

PopePouri
03-28-2014, 03:21 PM
Well this will likely happen then.. because honestly if it means I don't have to pay 60 a month for cable.. plus what ever it is for the package for TSN HD.. then great. :D I try to do things on the level at all times, MLS live just isn't worth it if I can't watch the games live. if Unblock US works on Apple TV then awesome :D

You have a week trial with Unblock US so if you want to try it, you can.

Kaz
03-28-2014, 03:31 PM
You have a week trial with Unblock US so if you want to try it, you can.

I may... might get a US netflix account trial and unblock and see.

Abou Sky
03-28-2014, 04:56 PM

I am 100% with you, if I could have just tsn for a reasonable price, I would do it, but at $40/month? Seriously?

Auzzy
03-28-2014, 05:08 PM
As anto7 said earlier, I think the TFC - RSL game will be available on MLS Live w/o any blocking. If I log into my MLS Live account now, click Schedule & click "Are these games available" for tomorrow, it still shows it as not being blocked. That's always been reliable in the past, and we're now only a day away. It seems TSN2 will not be blocked, just like it wasn't last year... fingers crossed!

So perhaps we won't need all the VPNs & unblocking for the RSL game after all.

brad
03-28-2014, 05:30 PM
Yeah, I am using unblock us right now and it's working fine. If I run into issues with the game tomorrow, I'll try for a Mexico DNS.

Unblock-US has a Mexico option - just flip to that one if the game is blacked out in the US. I used that for te Seattle game.

Don't think Mexico is in the App you mentioned but if you do it from the browser it is there.

sidvan
03-28-2014, 05:34 PM
I run the google app ZenMate works great

brad
03-28-2014, 05:36 PM
I may... might get a US netflix account trial and unblock and see.

Don't need a US Netflix account. Just get the Canadian one - setup unblock and you are gold. Wen you flip unblock to the US you get US Netflix.

I ditched cable last fall.

$8.00/month for Netflix
$5.00/month for unblock
~$20.00/month for sportsnet world.

Going to hook up an HD antenna for free regular stuff.

Much better than the $100.00+ I was bleeding to rogers.

Kaz
03-28-2014, 08:28 PM
Don't need a US Netflix account. Just get the Canadian one - setup unblock and you are gold. Wen you flip unblock to the US you get US Netflix.

I ditched cable last fall.

$8.00/month for Netflix
$5.00/month for unblock
~$20.00/month for sportsnet world.

Going to hook up an HD antenna for free regular stuff.

Much better than the $100.00+ I was bleeding to rogers.

You just blew my mind

Also I have a indoor HD antenna going on 4 years. I only get a about 9 channels in Brampton, but all HD, all the Canadian channels. With an outdoor I think you could pick up 12 to 20.

I will have to try the Unblock thing this weekend.

Abou Sky
03-28-2014, 09:33 PM
My neighbor has an outdoor antenna with 2x signal amplifiers and he gets near 50 channels!

Also, quality is much better on antenna because the signal isn't compressed.

brad
03-28-2014, 09:40 PM
I'm going to get one put up on my roof soon.

jloome
03-29-2014, 12:59 PM
We moved to basic cable setup with this same setup. Using a VPN; does Unblock.us cost a monthly fee? My VPN is very cheap but I do see some lag sometimes.

I have noticed, however, that if there's lag through a VPN, you can usually just turn it off once you're logged in. It won't break the stream. But if you have to log out and in again, or visit another page, you need to turn the VPN back on before doing so.

jloome
03-29-2014, 01:00 PM
My neighbor has an outdoor antenna with 2x signal amplifiers and he gets near 50 channels!

Also, quality is much better on antenna because the signal isn't compressed.

A good option near the border but doesn't work here in Edmonton, lol. Too far from the states.

But my buddy uses an HD antenna from his downtown condo and gets all six local channels in uncompressed HD and it's MUCH sharper. It's true 1080 and man, it's the best picture.

brad
03-29-2014, 01:17 PM
We moved to basic cable setup with this same setup. Using a VPN; does Unblock.us cost a monthly fee? My VPN is very cheap but I do see some lag sometimes.

I have noticed, however, that if there's lag through a VPN, you can usually just turn it off once you're logged in. It won't break the stream. But if you have to log out and in again, or visit another page, you need to turn the VPN back on before doing so.

4.99/month for un-block us. They have a free one week trial as well. I would check them out in place of your VPN. Because unblock doesn't re-route your traffic there is no hit to the speed. That said, it might not work with everything you need - as it just makes it look like you are in the US (where a VPN actually puts you there)

Kaz
03-29-2014, 01:39 PM
A good option near the border but doesn't work here in Edmonton, lol. Too far from the states.

But my buddy uses an HD antenna from his downtown condo and gets all six local channels in uncompressed HD and it's MUCH sharper. It's true 1080 and man, it's the best picture.

In Toronto, Bell Media that owns CTV has their signal so weak it is hard to pick up where I am... Small local stations (OMNI 1 2) both come in better then CTV. CTV has the lowest powered transmitter of all the Toronto stations at 10Kw (including OMNI 1 (22) and 2 (18) and CITY(21)) The only reason I can think of to do that, is try to make it difficult to get so people buy Cable or Satellite. (Global, CBC and TV all broadcast in the 100kw range)

Kaz
03-29-2014, 04:15 PM
If you are on Month to Month can you cancel one month? and pick it up again another?

brad
03-29-2014, 04:19 PM
If you are on Month to Month can you cancel one month? and pick it up again another?

Yes. No comitment.

Kaz
03-29-2014, 04:57 PM
Yes. No comitment.
Cool I just picked it up..

On Apple TV the Quality is top notch... the pirate Streams that have been posted that last few games were not great... the stream for Montreal and Philly is great

I figure $15.99 plus 4.99 is much cheaper then $100 for cable to get TSN HD.

JoesphNdo
03-29-2014, 05:07 PM
If you can get on it (I don't think they're accepting members right now but keep your eye on it) starstreams is 50 dollars for six months and streams just about every sports event in the world in hd. Every mls game is on there (plus every jays, raptors, leafs etc and just about every decent soccer league). Works great through xbmc for those using that, if you've a decent Internet connection it'll look just like cable. Free streams seem so hard to watch to me now

brad
03-29-2014, 05:14 PM
If you can get on it (I don't think they're accepting members right now but keep your eye on it) starstreams is 50 dollars for six months and streams just about every sports event in the world in hd. Every mls game is on there (plus every jays, raptors, leafs etc and just about every decent soccer league). Works great through xbmc for those using that, if you've a decent Internet connection it'll look just like cable. Free streams seem so hard to watch to me now

They are legit? I've seen them around but wasn't sure.

Jack
03-29-2014, 05:27 PM
I watched Poo vs Limpact and it was fine. Also some of DC vs Chicago. Now watching KC vs Colorado while waiting for the Shitecraps game to start. That will be the test as it's on TSN.

Lennon
03-29-2014, 05:34 PM

This sounds awesome .. seems impossible to get an account though :(
I'd be willing to pay for an invite.
btw, is it possible to stream multiple games at the same time ?

Kaz
03-29-2014, 06:12 PM
I watched Poo vs Limpact and it was fine. Also some of DC vs Chicago. Now watching KC vs Colorado while waiting for the Shitecraps game to start. That will be the test as it's on TSN.
Ya I have the DNS thing on the Apple TV but not the computer... so if I can watch on one but not the other that will be confirmation. For not I'm getting a kick out of watching Frasier and Star Trek on Netflix.

Jack
03-29-2014, 06:34 PM
Apple TV is not letting me get the Whitecaps game right now. I am looking at getting a different setup, but for the moment, Unblock Us isn't letting it happen.

barticusz
03-29-2014, 06:40 PM
tried tunnelbear on ipad but its not working for me. I cant watch the whitecaps game thats on tsn2

Kaz
03-29-2014, 07:02 PM
Ya I'm having the same issue this has been a total fubar. I haven't trusted DNS stuff in the past and this is why (I've got it working on the computer at least, well maybe I don't know it's half time)

Jack
03-29-2014, 07:05 PM
I just tried a VPN and I can get it on my computer, but not on the the iPhone or the Apple TV. And the stream quality on MLS Live on my computer is dogshit.

If anyone has a step by step, I'm sure I'm missing something here. Help would be most welcome g:D

JoesphNdo
03-29-2014, 07:22 PM
They are legit? I've seen them around but wasn't sure.

Legit as in official media partners with full permission to broadcast or legit as in as reliable as they claim? I strongly suspect no on the first one but definitely legit of you meant the second one. Been with them years now, consistently fantastic.

This sounds awesome .. seems impossible to get an account though :(
I'd be willing to pay for an invite.
btw, is it possible to stream multiple games at the same time ?

I don't believe there's even invites right now, I only mentioned it in a keep your eye on it sense as it's ideal for mls watching :/

If there is I'd happily hook anyone here up and not a chance I'd accept money for it after all the face value tickets I've gotten from everyone here in the past. When I next see sign ups I'll put the info here

EDIT - sorry Yeah it is indeed possible to stream as many streams as your connection can handle once every device is on the same network

Kaz
03-29-2014, 08:29 PM
I just tried a VPN and I can get it on my computer, but not on the the iPhone or the Apple TV. And the stream quality on MLS Live on my computer is dogshit.

If anyone has a step by step, I'm sure I'm missing something here. Help would be most welcome g:D

I think I have it working now.

I had to put the DNS info into the Router and Apple TV.

But it fried my network and my appletv in the process of getting to this point.

(I had forgot my Router password and to totally reset it)

I can confirm that this work.

So I'm hoping this works now.. I hate wasting money.

EDIT

If you put the DNS info directly into your router and into the Apple TV, and switch everything in the Apple TV to US... it will work.. or at least it is for me.

Yohan
03-29-2014, 08:33 PM
i can't watch vancouver houston game on MLS Live, but I can watch TFC RSL game... both on TSN2. wtf

Kaz
03-29-2014, 08:40 PM
i can't watch vancouver houston game on MLS Live, but I can watch TFC RSL game... both on TSN2. wtf

Oh really so I may not have got working.. then...

Was the Vancouver game blacked out in the states? (is the DNS in the Houston area maybe?)

EDIT (so I did a check the company that owns Unblock us is based in Frisco, so Dallas and Houston games might be blacked out)

Jack
03-29-2014, 09:14 PM
I have it on MLS live on on the computer. I'll have to try it on the Apple TV again. The Vancouver game was a no-go. Shit...card for Henry...

Kaz
03-29-2014, 09:16 PM
I have it on MLS live on on the computer. I'll have to try it on the Apple TV again. The Vancouver game was a no-go. Shit...card for Henry...
Ya and for some reason I could watch the Vancouver game on the computer but not Apple TV. And it's just a shit game.

Jack
03-29-2014, 09:18 PM
Apple TV is working g:D. Who knows?

brad
03-29-2014, 09:21 PM
Massive teksavvy outage right now so I can't check any of my stuff on my Apple TV.

Streaming off my iPhone.

Auzzy
03-29-2014, 10:11 PM
Teksavvy DSL has been fine for me all night.

Also, TFC - RSL not blocked at all tonight, as I expected. That's what was shown on the MLS Live website this past week. Watching on MLS Live, nothing special needed, good quality. Despite what was said recently on the MLS website, I don't think that TSN2 is considered a national broadcast, whereas TSN (Whitecaps) is.

brad
03-29-2014, 10:14 PM
Teksavvy DSL has been fine for me all night.

Lucky you. Their website tech support section said they had an Ontario wide outage this evening. Back now for me.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-29-2014, 10:46 PM
Stopped using Hola, seemed too slow/not working, now using ZenMate on chrome

jazzy
03-30-2014, 12:54 AM
Massive teksavvy outage right now so I can't check any of my stuff on my Apple TV.

Streaming off my iPhone.

ya and pissed :) couldn't even get any info from them through any media......at least put it on phone machine.......they are usually much more professional than that. ...but TBear allowed Van game on comp and no problem later on TFC massacre :).......god wish for scab refs to return

Jack
04-05-2014, 03:30 PM
I a getting a blackout on the Montreal game (last week was Vancouver). I was able to watch TFC, but not Van. This week, I hope it's the same.

Kaz
04-05-2014, 03:41 PM
I a getting a blackout on the Montreal game (last week was Vancouver). I was able to watch TFC, but not Van. This week, I hope it's the same.
yep same thing... Unblock US is useless. (at least on the Apple TV... no issues on the PC)

Jack
04-05-2014, 03:48 PM
yep same thing... Unblock US is useless. (at least on the Apple TV... no issues on the PC)
Yeah, it sucks that it works for everything but MLS Live. I guess I'll cross my fingers and hope it works again, but otherwise, I'll have to look at a different solution.

Yohan
04-05-2014, 03:48 PM
it's on sportsnet 360. you should be able to watch TFC game

C.Ronaldo
04-05-2014, 04:50 PM
anyone using uno telly with mls live?

I cant seems to get it to work, i can use tunellbear but thats a pain and slows it down.

Auzzy
04-05-2014, 07:48 PM
anyone using uno telly with mls live?

I cant seems to get it to work, i can use tunellbear but thats a pain and slows it down.

Why would you need to use Tunnelbear or anything, this week or last? These games weren't blocked on MLS Live. Unless you're outside of North America?

Kaz
04-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Why would you need to use Tunnelbear or anything, this week or last? These games weren't blocked on MLS Live. Unless you're outside of North America? Yes but other Games are and it's a good test to find away around it for those of us not willing to waste $100 a month for 3 channels.

Auzzy
04-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Yes but other Games are and it's a good test to find away around it for those of us not willing to waste $100 a month for 3 channels.

Yes good point! We haven't had cable or satellite TV for the past 15 years, so this is important for me as well. Last season Tunnelbear & Unblock-Us both worked for me when I needed them for MLS Live, but perhaps things have changed...

C.Ronaldo
04-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Yes good point! We haven't had cable or satellite TV for the past 15 years, so this is important for me as well. Last season Tunnelbear & Unblock-Us both worked for me when I needed them for MLS Live, but perhaps things have changed...

hmm, maybe time to switch from untotelly to unblock-US, anyone else use unotelly?

barticusz
04-07-2014, 09:52 AM
I've had zero luck with all of the DNS type servers in terms of getting the games to work on the Ipad - connected to tv. So far the best option is zenmate, but then you're stuck watching it on your pc.

Kayaker
04-07-2014, 11:03 AM
I've had zero luck with all of the DNS type servers in terms of getting the games to work on the Ipad - connected to tv. So far the best option is zenmate, but then you're stuck watching it on your pc.

If you can only get a game on your computer, but you want it on your TV, a good option would be to get a Chromecast. This will allow you to send a tab in your Chrome browser to the tv. I've done this a few times with *cough* other streams and it seems to work well. The quality will depend on how good the stream is. If you're getting the MLSLive feed, it should be good. For this I cast the tab to the TV, then make sure I maximize it.

Kaz
04-07-2014, 11:37 AM
If you can only get a game on your computer, but you want it on your TV, a good option would be to get a Chromecast. This will allow you to send a tab in your Chrome browser to the tv. I've done this a few times with *cough* other streams and it seems to work well. The quality will depend on how good the stream is. If you're getting the MLSLive feed, it should be good. For this I cast the tab to the TV, then make sure I maximize it.

This is an option I've thought about too... the Unblock-US does work on my PC but not my Apple TV, Chrome Cast (being like $20) would solve that issue fairly well if it works, so it really depends on your PC and home network. I'd rather find a direct Apple TV solution, but Chrome Cast is on my radar for sure. It's a good piece of kit.

Jack
04-13-2014, 11:11 AM
This is an option I've thought about too... the Unblock-US does work on my PC but not my Apple TV, Chrome Cast (being like $20) would solve that issue fairly well if it works, so it really depends on your PC and home network. I'd rather find a direct Apple TV solution, but Chrome Cast is on my radar for sure. It's a good piece of kit.
I might try ChromeCast. Unblock-US is fine for my Netflix and, supposedly, NHL Gamecenter, but there is no support for MLS Live. I wanted to watch last night's games, but TFC, Van and Limpact are unavailable.

Kaz
04-13-2014, 11:17 AM
I might try ChromeCast. Unblock-US is fine for my Netflix and, supposedly, NHL Gamecenter, but there is no support for MLS Live. I wanted to watch last night's games, but TFC, Van and Limpact are unavailable.
Figured that might have been the case. I just decided to go to the game... normally though that wouldn't have been an option.

It's funny I've talked to other people about black outs that haven't used the Web Services and they have total shock when you say there are blocked games. It totally defeats the purpose of having the service.

Jack
04-13-2014, 02:06 PM
Figured that might have been the case. I just decided to go to the game... normally though that wouldn't have been an option.

It's funny I've talked to other people about black outs that haven't used the Web Services and they have total shock when you say there are blocked games. It totally defeats the purpose of having the service.
Unblock-US has apparently added support for MLS Live, so I am speaking with their support team today to see if they can sort it out. I can stream from my iPad via AirPlay, but in the Apple TV app, no dice. At least I have a backup option. I was at yesterday's game, but I like to rewatch them.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-13-2014, 05:29 PM
Net maiden as someone else said

pdogg
04-13-2014, 06:22 PM
Tried Private Internet Access yesterday with no luck. They've been great for me on mlb.TV and NHL game centre. Don't know why it didn't work w/ MLS

cdnorman
04-13-2014, 06:24 PM
MLS Live allows you to watch virtually every single game for the entire season, even on replay. I had an event on Saturday and came home after the game was over, sat down and watched the entire thing as if it was live starting 40 minutes after the game ended. The only issue is making sure you don't check any notifications on your phone or something to find out the score.

It is a stellar deal and the quality of the sound and signal are great. I use a VPN (TunnelBear) to ensure that any of the blackouts are non-issues and both Tunnelbear and MLS Live stream well on everything -- computer, tablet, and phone. It's an MLS lover's dream.

I don't have a TV package, but I do subscribe to Rogers Cable for my Internet and use one of the higher level bandwidth packages. A full afternoon of MLS-watching from 3-11pm eats up about 14GB in bandwidth if you watch in the highest definition possible, so four weeks of that will put people over if they have a low-bandwidth allotment (or just don't watch as many games as I do). The entire MLS site -- LIVE and the regular site -- are just gems.

pdogg
04-19-2014, 08:35 PM
Wonderful MLS live service crapping out on one of the few unblocked games. Getting tired of their BS

Kaz
04-19-2014, 08:45 PM
Wonderful MLS live service crapping out on one of the few unblocked games. Getting tired of their BS
I'm watching on Apple TV have had no issues.

And now it went down in the 64 minute

Jack
04-19-2014, 08:58 PM
I'm watching on Apple TV have had no issues.
It just died completely. No matches are loading. What are you doing to get a good stream?

Kaz
04-19-2014, 09:06 PM
It just died completely. No matches are loading. What are you doing to get a good stream?

It just died for me.

Yohan
04-19-2014, 09:22 PM
it's up again

brad
04-19-2014, 09:25 PM
Mine flaked as well. All games were unavailable.

Jack
04-19-2014, 09:53 PM
Yeah, the server must have taken a dump.

whyalwaysme11
04-20-2014, 08:22 AM
Yeah, the server must have taken a dump.

This is what they said...
@MLSsupport: Our MLS LIVE service provider is working to resolve the issue. There is a temporary network outage with their service.

Kaz
04-27-2014, 10:16 AM
Does anyone know how to Cancel this service?

the games are all at home for the next little while so obviously blocked, and I can take that money and either cover the train ticket, or just go to the bar to watch.

MLS live.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-27-2014, 10:22 AM

the games are all at home for the next little while so obviously blocked, and I can take that money and either cover the train ticket, or just go to the bar to watch.

MLS live.

If you use google chrome, download the app zenMate, no longer blocked (other people have suggested other VPNs throughout the thread as well)

Ossington Mental Youth
04-27-2014, 10:22 AM
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zenmate-for-google-chrome/fdcgdnkidjaadafnichfpabhfomcebme?hl=en

Ossington Mental Youth
04-27-2014, 10:23 AM
if you cant make it to the game of course

whyalwaysme11
04-27-2014, 11:03 AM

MLS live.

Do you not care to watch games from around the league?

Kaz
04-27-2014, 11:19 AM
Do you not care to watch games from around the league?

I'm not super into sports if I don't have a horse in the race I really don't have any desire to watch it.. I have better things to do with my time. I only watch Olympic Hockey, and really only when Canada is playing.

And world cup.. I tend to watch until England or Germany are eliminated.. but I usually just put it on in the background.

TFC plays I'm up I'm invested I'm crazed.... but beyond that.. meh I'm not wasting bandwidth on it...

(honesty it be different if I had unlimited bandwidth maybe, I'd have it on in the background)

Alonso
04-28-2014, 11:37 AM
I'm not super into sports if I don't have a horse in the race I really don't have any desire to watch it.. I have better things to do with my time. I only watch Olympic Hockey, and really only when Canada is playing.

And world cup.. I tend to watch until England or Germany are eliminated.. but I usually just put it on in the background.

TFC plays I'm up I'm invested I'm crazed.... but beyond that.. meh I'm not wasting bandwidth on it...

(honesty it be different if I had unlimited bandwidth maybe, I'd have it on in the background)

Teksavvy ​is a solution

Auzzy
04-28-2014, 11:43 AM

Strange, this was during the Dallas game? My MLS Live stream never went down, & I didn't notice a problem. I watched the whole game (other than the first 5 minutes or so).

brad
04-28-2014, 11:54 AM
Teksavvy ​is a solution

They are now monitoring usage and charging for overage - but most packages should be plenty high enough for streaming

Kaz
04-28-2014, 01:03 PM
Teksavvy ​is a solution

Ya and they may soon be to get my business... I just never sure where am going to be in 6 months... and until that is more secured I can't put in the start up costs involved in switching.

The unlimited and the 300MB bandwidth packages are both very neat though.

Alonso
04-29-2014, 11:56 AM
They are now monitoring usage and charging for overage - but most packages should be plenty high enough for streaming

Mines still unlimited...

WOW, just checked the website and the prices for unlimited are up substantially from what I am paying. I'm paying $55 for unlimited @ 35 MB/s. It's been jacked to $80 now....

http://teksavvy.com/en/residential/internet/cable

jazzy
04-29-2014, 10:19 PM

I only need the 300G package . We stream everything and anything watch all of MLSlive , have complete nights of netflix in high HD , have 2 kids downloading god knows what and with all that I've never gone above 150g/mth......So unlimited so far isn't an issue for me ......I'm with Teksavvy . No credit cards or future sign ups...just pay as u go....PS I do have tunnelbear and it works for many countries but does come out of New York posing a problem for Red Bull games....Also used zenmate but was refused on hula ...they said you are using an anonymous proxy server and are blocked ...not so with tunnnelbear . Haven't used it for MLSlive though .

Kaz
04-30-2014, 12:03 PM
Mines still unlimited...

WOW, just checked the website and the prices for unlimited are up substantially from what I am paying. I'm paying $55 for unlimited @ 35 MB/s. It's been jacked to $80 now....

http://teksavvy.com/en/residential/internet/cable

Rogers has me paying that for 140GB a month...

so unlimited I'd be happy. it's the $120 in fees plus modem.. that has me hesitant right now..

I go over the 140GB i have no 2 or three times a year... and in two years it hasn't pushed me over 120 in extra charges.

If MLS LIVE didn't have black outs then I'd get it and upgrade. But for the month I had it... it went down in the middle of a game once, and 1 game was blacked out. (that I went to). I didn't watch a single replay, rewatch a game or watch any other games. So I can't justify it.. particularly coming up to a home game stretch. Only 2 games between now and Canada day won't be blacked out.

brad
05-07-2014, 07:00 AM
Off topic a bit for this thread, but figured it would be a good place to ask as.

What are our options for (legally) watching the World Cup online? Are there any?

C.Ronaldo
05-07-2014, 10:19 AM
Off topic a bit for this thread, but figured it would be a good place to ask as.

What are our options for (legally) watching the World Cup online? Are there any?

CBC is doing it no?

CBC is free OTA

Kaz
05-07-2014, 10:33 AM
CBC is doing it no?

CBC is free OTA

Some will but Sportsnet is apparently also airing several games. (though I can't find it mentioned in CBCs broadcast schedule (http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/broadcast/) yet.)

This will be the last time as FIFA gave all the rights to all FIFA events to Bell in the future. (2015-2022)