PDA

View Full Version : Florida Training Camp Roster

gcolacci
02-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Does any one have a list of the players that are attending the Training camp in Florida?

I know that Defoe isnt there.

But from the countless videos and pictures i cant see - Gilberto or Jackson.

Thanks.
G

OgtheDim
02-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Elmer.............ELMER.......are you there Elmer?

Pint
02-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Does any one have a list of the players that are attending the Training camp in Florida?

I know that Defoe isnt there.

But from the countless videos and pictures i cant see - Gilberto or Jackson.

Thanks.
G

still working on Visa issues was the last word on the two... for some reason Canada and Brazil don't have the best relationship in terms of immigration which is why this is taking much longer.

deschamp86
02-03-2014, 04:04 PM
From the teams that took part in the soccer tennis tournament, these are the players that were listed as taking part:

1. Emery Welshman
2. Ryan Richter
3. Nick Hagglund
4. Matias Laba
5. Doneil Henry
6. Mark Bloom
7. Jonathan Osorio
8. Ashtone Morgan
9. Justin Morrow
10. Chris Manella
11. Kene Eze
12. Andrew Wiedeman
13. Bright Dike
14. Michael Bradley
15. Jeremy Hall
16. Gale Agbossoumonde
17. Dwayne De Rosario
18. Alvaro Rey
19. Manny Aparicio
20. Reggie Lambe
21. Kyle Bekker
22. Issey Nakajima-Farran
23. Jordan Hamilton
24. Joe Bendik (Did not take part in soccer tennis but is there)
25. Chris Konopka (Did not take part in soccer tennis but is there)
26. Quillan Roberts (Did not take part in soccer tennis but is there)
27. Steven Caldwell (Did not take part in soccer tennis but is there)
28. Bradley Orr (Did not take part in soccer tennis but is there)

Jordan Hamilton had exams and arrived late. Issey didn't take part in the tournament, I asked @TorontoFC over twitter and they said he was having an off day.

So missing from the list is:

Jonas Elmer?
Gilberto, visa?
Jackson, visa?
Jermain Defoe, Tottenham
Daniel Lovitz?

Plus there could possibly be other academy guys that didn't arrive yet because of exams, or trialists like Issey that sat out

gcolacci
02-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Thanks, thats a good list. not sure where you found that soccer tennis list, but it looks accurate.

Funny that gilberto wouldnt be sorted out by now, considering its 2 months after his signing.

GC

Areathrasher
02-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Thanks, thats a good list. not sure where you found that soccer tennis list, but it looks accurate.

Funny that gilberto wouldnt be sorted out by now, considering its 2 months after his signing.

GC

CIC moves at a snails pace, wouldn't worry about it.

pdubs
02-03-2014, 05:30 PM
an elmer update from someone with the team would be nice. huge contract now for a 3rd string LB an int spot.

Red CB Toronto
02-03-2014, 07:26 PM
28 players with contracts so assuming Hagglund gets one, really one left unless someone like Elmer is moved out and/or Laba staying is not in the cards. Drastic changes compared to last year where guys were still arriving heading into the week of the first game. 2010 was even goofier so this is so refreshing.

prizby
02-03-2014, 11:27 PM
still working on Visa issues was the last word on the two... for some reason Canada and Brazil don't have the best relationship in terms of immigration which is why this is taking much longer.

sorry, but what would a Canadian work visa issue have to do with Gilberto and Jackson not being able to at least participate in training camps in USA?

Red CB Toronto
02-03-2014, 11:59 PM
sorry, but what would a Canadian work visa issue have to do with Gilberto and Jackson not being able to at least participate in training camps in USA?

Gilberto and Jackson would not be able to leave Canada with a pending VISA application in process.

prizby
02-04-2014, 12:05 AM
Gilberto and Jackson would not be able to leave Canada with a pending VISA application in process.

wouldn't they need a visa first to enter

Red CB Toronto
02-04-2014, 01:13 AM

No they would not actually, American players in the CFL under contract enter Canada all the time. Most teams will not begin the VISA process for a new players until training to camp when it is apparent that they will be making the team.

prizby
02-04-2014, 08:22 AM
No they would not actually, American players in the CFL under contract enter Canada all the time. Most teams will not begin the VISA process for a new players until training to camp when it is apparent that they will be making the team.

pretty sure usa-canada have a pretty good reciprocal service...bradley orr wasn't announced until he got a visa

Areathrasher
02-04-2014, 09:58 AM

They could be in Canada on a visitors visa waiting for the outcome. My bet is that they are still in Brazil waiting on a Letter Of Approval from CIC.

At the moment, processing times for Work Permits are showing as 53 days on the CIC site for a new employer.Thats if the application was submitted to a Canadian office, if it went to the consulate in Rio or wherever it could be longer. That should give you an idea of what they are dealing with.

Frankly, unless you or a loved one need to, trying to understand the intricacies of how the CIC operate is pointless.

Luanda
02-04-2014, 10:14 AM
The CDN Consular services in Sao Paulo are effectively slow.
They are not however that slow, given the time when both players were acquired and that TFC would be putting some pressure on those (at times) super zealous folks.

barticusz
02-04-2014, 10:58 AM
I just hope these two can get into some training before the season. Two key players being out of the preseason training is not good news.

PopePouri
02-04-2014, 11:34 AM
I'll call it. Elmer gets waived and Roubos signs.

prizby
02-04-2014, 12:31 PM
They could be in Canada on a visitors visa waiting for the outcome. My bet is that they are still in Brazil waiting on a Letter Of Approval from CIC.

At the moment, processing times for Work Permits are showing as 53 days on the CIC site for a new employer.Thats if the application was submitted to a Canadian office, if it went to the consulate in Rio or wherever it could be longer. That should give you an idea of what they are dealing with.

Frankly, unless you or a loved one need to, trying to understand the intricacies of how the CIC operate is pointless.

weird, wonder how vale inco has the process sped up then

Areathrasher
02-04-2014, 12:39 PM
How so?

What are you refering to?

Red I
02-04-2014, 02:01 PM
weird, wonder how vale inco has the process sped up then

There's a term in Brazil called "Jieto" or "the Way" - if things inexplicably get done quicker, chances are someone got greased, perhaps not monitarily, but favour for favour is pretty common.

Luanda
02-04-2014, 02:07 PM
There's a term in Brazil called "Jieto" or "the Way" - if things inexplicably get done quicker, chances are someone got greased, perhaps not monitarily, but favour for favour is pretty common.

Actually "jeito" or better still "jeitinho".
However, such can not be expected from CDN Consular services in Sao Paulo.

flamehawk
02-04-2014, 02:11 PM
I'll call it. Elmer gets waived and Roubos signs.

Makes a lot of sense to me. Roubos has impressed me the times I have seen him play for reserves and canada.

AdamAM
02-04-2014, 08:34 PM
From the teams that took part in the soccer tennis tournament, these are the players that were listed as taking part:

1. Emery Welshman
2. Ryan Richter
3. Nick Hagglund
4. Matias Laba
5. Doneil Henry
6. Mark Bloom
7. Jonathan Osorio
8. Ashtone Morgan
9. Justin Morrow
10. Chris Manella
11. Kene Eze
12. Andrew Wiedeman
13. Bright Dike
14. Michael Bradley
15. Jeremy Hall
16. Gale Agbossoumonde
17. Dwayne De Rosario
18. Alvaro Rey
19. Manny Aparicio
20. Reggie Lambe
21. Kyle Bekker
22. Issey Nakajima-Farran
23. Jordan Hamilton
24. Joe Bendik (Did not take part in soccer tennis but is there)
25. Chris Konopka (Did not take part in soccer tennis but is there)
26. Quillan Roberts (Did not take part in soccer tennis but is there)
27. Steven Caldwell (Did not take part in soccer tennis but is there)
28. Bradley Orr (Did not take part in soccer tennis but is there)

Jordan Hamilton had exams and arrived late. Issey didn't take part in the tournament, I asked @TorontoFC over twitter and they said he was having an off day.

So missing from the list is:

Jonas Elmer?
Gilberto, visa?
Jackson, visa?
Jermain Defoe, Tottenham
Daniel Lovitz?

Plus there could possibly be other academy guys that didn't arrive yet because of exams, or trialists like Issey that sat out

Great list, could you provide a link? And who's this Chris Manella guy? I'm assuming an academy player but I've never heard of him before today. Maybe a USL or NASL player on trial?

flamehawk
02-04-2014, 10:39 PM
Great list, could you provide a link? And who's this Chris Manella guy? I'm assuming an academy player but I've never heard of him before today. Maybe a USL or NASL player on trial?

He's from the academy

RealG-TFC
02-04-2014, 11:00 PM
^^ Pretty sure he's the leftmost guy in this pic:

http://instagram.com/p/j_xk_OJM1P/

Greatest Ripoff
02-05-2014, 03:53 AM

As already pointed out, he is from the academy. He also played the majority of the reserve matches last year. Plays as a central midfielder.

Red CB Toronto
02-05-2014, 04:00 AM
^^ Pretty sure he's the leftmost guy in this pic:

http://instagram.com/p/j_xk_OJM1P/

Do you know who that is to the left of Laba, I know who most of the guys are in that pic.

RealG-TFC
02-05-2014, 04:15 AM
I think that's Elias Roubos.