PDA

View Full Version : Richard Eckersley appreciation thread

Yohan
01-27-2014, 02:56 PM
We knew this was coming for a long time, but still sad.

Ecks played for the crest as much as anyone did in TFC jersey and I'll miss him.

T-boy
01-27-2014, 02:58 PM
Ecks will always be one of my favourite players, I'll follow his career from now on. He will be one of the few opposition players that I will give a nice cheer to when he's at BMO.

Pint
01-27-2014, 02:58 PM
Too bad his contract was so terrible because he was a skilled guy and a heart and soul guy... will be missed

MartinUtd
01-27-2014, 03:06 PM
Top cunt, that lad. He'll do well in New York.

Milanista
He was an ok player...he had speed but lets be honest, thats about it...He seemed to like the city, but in the end who cares, we need to start winning and paying that much for a meh fullback was insane

Ageroo
Always played hard....too bad he had such of a mess of a contract....not his fault though. Will miss him....

OgtheDim
01-27-2014, 03:08 PM
That Red Hair.......

Man always went at it hard. When we had nothing in the back but donkey's, he was the only one to show a touch of craft.

ryan
01-27-2014, 03:09 PM
At least his hair won't clash as much in a NYRB kit, so that's something.

Suds
01-27-2014, 03:12 PM
Yeah, too bad the contract could not be worked into our plans moving forward. He played well and always put in great effort for us. IMO

All the best Ecks.

Huyton
01-27-2014, 03:13 PM
New York Ginger Bulls.

When he comes back to BMO, I hope he gets a warm reception. He gave everything he had for the Reds.

Phil
01-27-2014, 03:14 PM
He will be missed, a lot of heart in that guy. Wish him all the best in NY except when he plays us. :D

Gazza
01-27-2014, 03:17 PM
I had no doubt he would be class for us. He was a United youth afterall.

I'll miss you Ginger Bollocks.

Derko
01-27-2014, 03:44 PM
Will miss Ecks, his contract was a mess, that said I am looking forward to giving him a warm cheer when his name is announced.
Bradley Orr will be a good replacement.

Derko
01-27-2014, 03:49 PM
He was an ok player...he had speed but lets be honest, thats about it...He seemed to like the city, but in the end who cares, we need to start winning and paying that much for a meh fullback was insane

You seem like you are blaming Ecks for TFC not winning, you have to be able to score goals to win, no, I think we all agree that the contract was a farce, had he been on 150k or less, wouldn't have been a bad thing. He made some awfully good takles, though. and will miss those for sure.

Doucet3
01-27-2014, 03:55 PM
Loved that Ginga Ninja, will always wear his jersey with pride, was one of my favorite players for Toronto FC and will still be while he plays .... except vs us, then I hate that hard diving prick ahaha

Initial B
01-27-2014, 04:01 PM
I wish him all the best with the Red Bulls, except when they play TFC.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
01-27-2014, 04:08 PM
NO player worked as hard as Ecks.. I'll miss his passion and work ethic.

Good Luck!

Milanista
01-27-2014, 05:01 PM
You seem like you are blaming Ecks for TFC not winning, you have to be able to score goals to win, no, I think we all agree that the contract was a farce, had he been on 150k or less, wouldn't have been a bad thing. He made some awfully good takles, though. and will miss those for sure.

his aggressiveness also put him out of position a lot, he depends on his speed to correct his mistakes…again decent player but we move on

JuliquE
01-27-2014, 05:51 PM
NO player celebrates as hard as Ecks.. I'll miss his passion and work ethic.

Good Luck!
Fixed. g:D

Often felt like he would get up a head of steam and bulldoze his way into the final third, only to wake up, as if he was sleep-walking, at a loss for what to do next, and things would peter out; now.. how much of that was down to a lack of movement, tactics and general quality in the other 9 outfield players, I'm not sure.

Would have been nice to see what he can do in what is shaping up to be an exciting 2014 TFC side and I DO wish we could have kept him, at the right price.. but, if I'm not mistaken, he was offered the opportunity to restructure his contract and declined (the contract/opportunity).

Best of luck to the lad, all the same.

Red4ever
01-27-2014, 05:54 PM
Love Ecks. Hard worker. My kind of dude. Shame he wont be around to see us win it all.

notthesun
01-27-2014, 05:55 PM
He tried to do everything he could and then some. Sometimes it was a bit too much, but you can't fault his commitment. At the end of the day his biggest crime here was signing a deal nobody in their right mind would have passed up.

I wish him good luck, except when we play New York.

BuSaPuNk
01-27-2014, 06:27 PM
Was a no non sense type player. I'll miss that ginger. Wish him personally all the best in NY. Hope his team faceplants though. Dam Shite Bulls.

SKB
01-27-2014, 07:16 PM
One of my favourite players of all time. You never had to tell him to get stuck in. I wish him well.

Gazza
01-27-2014, 07:22 PM
I've always wondered...do these threads get sent to the aforementioned player via twitter or other avenues? Be nice to let them know that fans appreciated their efforts.

Hopefully DeRo and others never had the displeasure of viewing THEIR "appreciation" threads lol.

GTA_WOLF
01-27-2014, 08:27 PM
Met him a few times out and about in the city. Was keen to stop and chat, and was always positive about his experience here in North America. I would have loved to see him play on this team. Frankly, with the additions this year, the back 4 will have a much easier time of it and be able to play with much more confidence.

MightyDM
01-27-2014, 08:40 PM
Ecks gave his all, every game. Perhaps he tried too hard sometimes, but who can really criticize that flaw, born out of an intense desire for TFC to win? All the best. I'll be cheering for him, even at BMO.

Derko
01-27-2014, 08:42 PM
his aggressiveness also put him out of position a lot, he depends on his speed to correct his mistakes…again decent player but we move on

This is true, just wish it would have been a more reasonable salary.

JayMolly
01-27-2014, 08:42 PM
We knew this was coming for a long time, but still sad.

Ecks played for the crest as much as anyone did in TFC jersey and I'll miss him.

Thanks for starting this Yohan. Couldn't agree with you more.
Ecks was one of our favourite players. We met him on one occasion - first class act!
All the best . . .

ManUtd4ever
01-27-2014, 09:06 PM
In my opinion, Ecks was the best defensive right back we've ever had, but unfortunately, his back loaded contract made him expendable.

I wish him well.

tfcleeds
01-27-2014, 09:24 PM
Cheers Ecks. Wish you werent going to an Eastern Conference rival, but I wish you the best, as long as you don't perform well against us.

Chinatownchef
01-27-2014, 10:40 PM
Cheers Ecks. Wish you werent going to an Eastern Conference rival, but I wish you the best, as long as you don't perform well against us.

Well, Ecks was truly a classy player and he's going to a really good team. dunno, who NYRB are going to manage him under their cap.