PDA

View Full Version : Friday Thread (On Saturday): Yanks Abroad Meltdown Edition

Shakes McQueen
01-25-2014, 10:53 PM
Hey folks, want to read something incredibly long, and kind of funny?

http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/all-roads-lead-to-roma-bradley-in-the-eternal-city-v-i.1948214/page-222

This is the Michael Bradley thread, on the "Yanks Abroad" forum at Big Soccer. Starting on page 222, where the first Twellman tweet indicated TFC would be signing Bradley.

From there, you can watch them go into full on meltdown mode.

Enjoy!

- Scott

DOMIN8R
01-25-2014, 11:13 PM
Wow. That was fun. Some of those posts are w a y out there.

Shakes McQueen
01-25-2014, 11:17 PM
One of my favourite reactions:

TFC can go f themselves for even offering this. Why not offer some canadian this money?

LOL

- Scott

ManUtd4ever
01-25-2014, 11:20 PM
It's even better when you consider that Bradley turned down a comparable offer from SKC to join TFC.

Shakes McQueen
01-26-2014, 12:20 AM
Just came across a guy who wrote that if Landon Donovan had gone to Europe, he might have been as good as Pele. This was in response to people saying that Donovan is proof that playing in MLS for years doesn't necessarily dull your skills.

A couple of people corrected him on that... uh... rosy projection... in fairness.

- Scott

GuelphStorm2007
01-26-2014, 12:31 AM
Let them Yanks talk who cares what they think....

Shakes McQueen
01-26-2014, 12:53 AM
Let them Yanks talk who cares what they think....

I don't really care what they think, but I'm certainly interested. This thread is basically where all of the USMNT boosters hang out, so watching them freak out about their best player going to Major League Soccer - and almost completely out of nowhere one day - is hilarious.

- Scott

Cashcleaner
01-26-2014, 02:28 AM
LOL! That is fucking fantastic thread. I love the one guy at the very beginning who posts: "Let the inevitable meltdown commence".

At least a few guys get it, though. From a US national team perspective, Micheal Bradley back playing in MLS is the important point here, not necessarily what team he's with. Unless you're a US soccer fan who supports another team in MLS, what's not to like about this deal?

He's easily one of the top 5 American players on the pitch today and the US has an upcoming World Cup campaign that will benefit greatly from him playing on the continent. I know Big Soccer users aren't renown for their intellect and long-term thinking, but these guys are really living up to their reputation here aren't they?

ensco
01-26-2014, 07:50 AM
"I guess the good news for this forum is that he will still be a Yank Abroad."

DOMIN8R
01-26-2014, 08:10 AM
"According to this http://footballdatabase.com/clubs.php?Id=280 Toronto FC is ranked #1438 worldwide"

Cue Drake.

Oldtimer
01-26-2014, 08:58 AM
I didn't know there were only 1,438 clubs worldwide. :)

"According to this http://footballdatabase.com/clubs.php?Id=280 Toronto FC is ranked #1438 worldwide"

Cue Drake.

OgtheDim
01-26-2014, 10:57 AM
So much logic fail in one space.

Best bit

How is this thread not closed yet?
Dunno. Maybe the mods are having a hard time letting go. Dempsey leaves, Bradley leaves...the walls of mom's basement start to close in.

TFCwestcan
01-26-2014, 11:25 AM
That was almost as fun a read as the Kelley article, a lot of denial, anger, bargaining, depression and finally acceptance.

They seems particularly put out over the fact that TFC made the deal and got Bradley.

tfcleeds
01-26-2014, 11:54 AM
I read that thread earlier, fun reading. The hysteria on there almost reminds me of the Gretzky trade and how Canadians thought 99 was selling out by going to an American team.

Shakes McQueen
01-26-2014, 05:17 PM
I just like how at the very beginning, they just laugh it off as a bullshit rumour - one of them even asks if Twellman has a concussion or something, haha. And then as it sinks in that it's a real rumour, they start to freak out a bit.

- Scott

Justin10000
01-26-2014, 07:30 PM
That was some hilarious reading!

DCUROMA is such a knob!