PDA

View Full Version : Ronaldinho want 2 come 2 TFC but MLSE told him they're not interested and went4 Defoe

Pronto
01-24-2014, 08:09 PM
i had i client today that told me Ronaldinho wanted to join TFC this winter.i was shocked to hear MLSE told him that they are not interested in his services. the guy that told me this is not just a client but a friend. with out mentioning his name or the name of his agency. He is a FIFA licenced agent that i can tell you. i don't think he would be pulling my leg on this.
is there any way someone can find out how true that is?

Ivy
01-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Good. Ronaldinho used to be a great player. But he's a crazy party animal, does the dirty way too much, and his legs are giving out.
Defoe > Ronaldinho.

trane
01-24-2014, 10:21 PM
Ronaldinho is in another class from Defoe, but Ronaldinho is no longer interested in winning Defoe is.

gate7
01-24-2014, 10:38 PM
he probably wanted to come here for the chicks!:crazy:

Richard
01-24-2014, 10:40 PM
Is it me or does everyone now want some of that MLSE money or what lol.

Ronaldinho is one of my all time favourite players, but even I know he is way to old and not focused on soccer anymore.

james
01-25-2014, 01:06 AM
He was a great player. But I think his days have really gone down hill lately. I would rather take Defoe as well!

Valdal
01-25-2014, 02:57 AM
OMG so what he wont accept $400'000/year for a 2 year contract? I mean i am sure MLSE would be more then welcomed to offer him some incentives like a house or car or Anything

Cashcleaner
01-25-2014, 03:20 AM
We're better off with the Defoe/Bradley duo we ended up with. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if this story is true - apparently we had a chance to pick-up Van Nistelrooy a few years back but opted not to; so there is a precedence for that sorta thing with TFC.

james
01-25-2014, 04:14 AM
OMG so what he wont accept $400'000/year for a 2 year contract? I mean i am sure MLSE would be more then welcomed to offer him some incentives like a house or car or Anything

I havent been following him much but he was making over 1.2 million at Atletico Mineiro in Brazil, plus bonuses. Im not sure if his deal has come to an end or what, but unless no team will sign him or Atletico Mineiro wants to cut his wages more then half why would he settle for $400,000 at Toronto??? Unless he just really wants to play with Defoe and Bradly or really wants to get out of Brazil I don't see the point.

tfcleeds
01-25-2014, 07:47 AM
No doubt, he's enjoyed a bit of a renaissance in his career with Atletico Mineiro, and was a big part of the reason for them winning the Copa Libertadores, but at the end of the day, I'd rather have Defoe/Bradley.

Chinatownchef
01-27-2014, 10:46 PM
No doubt, he's enjoyed a bit of a renaissance in his career with Atletico Mineiro, and was a big part of the reason for them winning the Copa Libertadores, but at the end of the day, I'd rather have Defoe/Bradley.

The question then is not rather would you have Ronaldinho instead of Defoe\Bradley. It's whether you would have Ronaldinho over Gilberto. The answer is no. Gilberto's star is on the rising with better days ahead, while Ronaldinho at 33 may have a few good years left in him.

MangoKid
01-28-2014, 09:44 AM
The question then is not rather would you have Ronaldinho instead of Defoe\Bradley. It's whether you would have Ronaldinho over Gilberto. The answer is no. Gilberto's star is on the rising with better days ahead, while Ronaldinho at 33 may have a few good years left in him.

This. Ronaldinho would have been a real disturbance on this team. I would rather have the guy with the bright future as opposed to the one that's dwindling down and only looking for a payday and a party.

TOBOR !
01-28-2014, 09:56 AM
Regarding OP : So, Ronaldinho wanted to join TFC before the Defoe / Bradley signings ? Because he wanted to play for Ryan Nelsen ? He wanted to tutor Jonathan Osorio ?

Nah. Doesn't pass the smell test.

mastermixer
01-28-2014, 09:56 AM
Sorry to side track this thread but does anyone have any significant proof to show that Gilberto is a rising star? I've watched a few youtube videos with maybe one goal that shows some promise, but TBH what makes this unknown any more promising than a "Miguel Aceval"??

RealG-TFC
01-28-2014, 11:20 AM
Sorry to side track this thread but does anyone have any significant proof to show that Gilberto is a rising star? I've watched a few youtube videos with maybe one goal that shows some promise, but TBH what makes this unknown any more promising than a "Miguel Aceval"??

Gilberto scored 14 goals in the brazilian league last year, 2013 (tied for 4th place). Consider this, in 2012 before moving to Barcelona, Neymar scored 14 goals as well (tied for 3rd). Another well-known name Luis Fabiano scored 17 that year.

Carts
01-28-2014, 11:25 AM
Gilberto scored 14 goals in the brazilian league last year, 2013 (tied for 4th place). Consider this, in 2012 before moving to Barcelona, Neymar scored 14 goals as well (tied for 3rd). Another well-known name Luis Fabiano scored 17 that year.

To quote our friends in South America "...GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAALLLL!!!!"

This is the best post I have ever read!

I have read Gilberto is a rising star, but knew nothing else about him etc - this puts him statistically in some great company... Nice!

Carts...

#YesGuy

Kaz
01-28-2014, 11:37 AM

Miguel was 29 when he was with us, and wasn't a DP and was a CB, He came from a Chilean top flight team. He was decent at set pieces scoring 5 times in 2011. He was being used as a primary CB in a fluid system that confused players and was the result of poor scouting by people that aren't here any more.

Gilberto is 24, is a DP and is a forward. In the last two years played in Series A of Brazil's top flight. At 22/23 he scored 7 times on a side that was later relegated. last year he scored 14 times and was tied for 6th in the league for scoring. He will be a second/first striker with Defoe, Dike, DeRo, Jackson, Rey and Osorio all providing attacking threats while he is on the field. His biggest draw back will likely be language.

Gilberto is more of a Pablo Vitti concern then a Miguel Aceval and the big difference there is that Vitti had 3 season of little first team play and had issue with MLS' swarm the guy with technical skill defence and really had no support. Since then he has only had 2 season where he scored more then 5 goals in Peru.

so lets review.

Aceval older had nothing to really learn, came from Chile was a Centre Back, was the result of a poor management team

Vitti was a Loan player that had little playing time prior to being here, was often swarmed, and has since not been consistent.

Gilberto young, has spent two seasons in one of the top leagues in the world where in his first season he had a 3.5 strike rate and in his second had rate of 1.7 If he only produces the average of that, we'd all be happy. (Henry has a strike rate of about 2.2) Defoe's overall rate at Spurs was 2.8, Koev at PSV was striking at 2.6 overall. So if Gilberto settles in at about 2.5-2.8 and Defoe at 2.2 they'd be sitting at Henry and Cahill rates.

If Gilberto holds his form from last season in MLS then he could be as dangerous as Koev's was in MLS.

mastermixer
01-28-2014, 11:46 AM
So true. Vitti is a much better comparison. Aceval was the first name that came to mind when I thought of an unknown south american.
Hope MLS isn't too much of an adjustment for this guy.

Kaz
01-28-2014, 12:12 PM
shouldn't be...

Andy TFC
02-03-2014, 09:03 AM
If this is true MLSE made the right call in my opinion. Defoe and Bradley are hungry for success and want to do well for the club, Ronaldinho would have been a disruptive influence on the younger players.

TFC_Allez
02-03-2014, 10:29 AM
If MLSE was completely interested in filling BMO and adding some flare, they would've picked up Ronaldinho for sure. But, from what it seems, they were looking for a winning solution (on paper at this point) and that seems to be why he was turned away. He was a great player as many people have already mentioned, but unlike Gilberto, Bradley and Laba, Ronaldinho's best days are most certainly behind him. Defoe at 31 still has something to prove in his career even though he's approaching the twilight of his playing days as opposed to the others. TL did the right thing here, if of course OPs source was correct in the first place or was just blowing smoke.