PDA

View Full Version : Robert Earnshaw is leaving TFC

SuperTCP
01-24-2014, 11:39 AM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/earnshaw-announces-on-twitter-hes-leaving-tfc/ (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/earnshaw-announces-on-twitter-hes-leaving-tfc/)

hulkrogan
01-24-2014, 01:30 PM
Damn. If somehow we could have had Earnshaw and Dike coming off the bench this year, that would have been incredible depth up front.

Cashcleaner
01-24-2014, 02:36 PM
I'm not all that surprised to hear the news, but still sorta sucks. I'll tell you what though, seems to me that he likes playing over here in North America. Vancouver just might be a goof fit for him.

RealG-TFC
01-24-2014, 02:48 PM
I'm not all that surprised to hear the news, but still sorta sucks. I'll tell you what though, seems to me that he likes playing over here in North America. Vancouver just might be a goof fit for him.

Agreed, if only just to throw Robbo a bone due to the fiasco that organization just experienced.

Alonso
01-24-2014, 03:19 PM
If Earnshaw goes to Vancouver he might pick up where Camilo left off.

Earnshaw finishes chances, and Camilo was apparently getting service from his team last year unlike Earnshaw.

It would've been shrewd of TFC to make sure that Earnshaw ended up outside of the league instead of potentially on one of our rivals. Especially Canadian Championship rivals.

Here's to hoping he doesn't end up at Vancouver or Montreal :drinking:

Phil
01-24-2014, 03:39 PM
All the best to him. He was a classy guy when here and continues to be. Its a shame we coudn't get him more consistant service, tough year to be a red in 2013.

Initial B
01-24-2014, 07:26 PM
I wish him luck, he provided most of the few bright spots last season.

ManUtd4ever
01-24-2014, 07:31 PM
With our current striker depth, he was probably seeking a salary that didn't make sense for our club, and he turned down the offer that was extended to him. Understandable from the perspectives of both the player and club.

I wish him well.

gate7
01-24-2014, 10:35 PM
natural goal scorer. definitely good memories..... but a bit lazy

OgtheDim
01-24-2014, 11:04 PM
A great professional. Technically still with a lot to offer. He has lost a step but with the right set up, would do well. Hope he lands somewhere where he can score goals.