PDA

View Full Version : Wynne and Edu staying on until after RSL

ThunderTundra
07-21-2008, 09:25 AM
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080721&content_id=174356&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Some pretty good news. Cheers to Carver for working this out, having Wynne in there really going to help us out for MTL

rocker
07-21-2008, 10:16 AM
so the US plays on Aug 7, 10, 13.
if they don't advance from the group, and if they don't stick around to enjoy the closing ceremonies, they miss two games. Or 3 if they are too jetlagged to play Aug 17.

Kooper
07-21-2008, 11:33 AM
so the US plays on Aug 7, 10, 13.
if they don't advance from the group, and if they don't stick around to enjoy the closing ceremonies, they miss two games. Or 3 if they are too jetlagged to play Aug 17.
I am not so much worried about the jet lag, that can knock you off your feet for 2 days and make you a zoombie for the first 4. I am worried about them playing and training in that sweet Beijing air for 2 weeks, that is going to kill their fitness and will stay with them for a while.

LucaGol
07-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Who's going in at right back...my vote is for Tyler f*ckin Hemming.

Redpunkfiddle
07-21-2008, 11:49 AM
I believe Velez can shift to RB if I remember right, and we can insert Tebily or James in the centre.

Or maybe it was Tebily that could play fullback.

Carts
07-21-2008, 11:50 AM
This is EXCELLENT that they are staying on until after RSL...

Marvel Wynn has been our most consistent player and underrated player this season (not saying best, but consistent - you know what you get game in game out)...

Aside from his bad split second decision in Washington (the push that led to the PK), he has game-in and game-out done exactly what we need him to do...

Edu has been bitten with the Sophomore Jinx - which seems to happen with almost every single rookie sensation (aside from some notable exceptions)...

Its huge having them for Montreal, and on a personal note, they can enjoy the All-Star festivities in Toronto... It doesn't happen often your squad hosting the league - I'm glad they'll get to take in the events etc...

Plus, if MLS had a 'North American' style Skills Competition, Wynn would bring home fastest player hands down :)

Carts..

LucaGol
07-21-2008, 12:02 PM
This is EXCELLENT that they are staying on until after RSL...

Marvel Wynn has been our most consistent player and underrated player this season (not saying best, but consistent - you know what you get game in game out)...

Aside from his bad split second decision in Washington (the push that led to the PK), he has game-in and game-out done exactly what we need him to do...

Edu has been bitten with the Sophomore Jinx - which seems to happen with almost every single rookie sensation (aside from some notable exceptions)...

Its huge having them for Montreal, and on a personal note, they can enjoy the All-Star festivities in Toronto... It doesn't happen often your squad hosting the league - I'm glad they'll get to take in the events etc...

Plus, if MLS had a 'North American' style Skills Competition, Wynn would bring home fastest player hands down :)

Carts..

Edu hasn't been bitten by the sophomore jinx...he's been bitten by Big Head Syndrome...caused by over-infatuation with one's less than spectactular abilities.

ua-kozak_TFC
07-21-2008, 12:05 PM
then can somebody answer me why didn;t Edu play on saturday??? Not that i care since i think he is a waste of a body on the field. with Robinson is more than enough to hold the midfield... But yea just curious why didn;t he play?anyone?

ua-kozak_TFC
07-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Edu hasn't been bitten by the sophomore jinx...he's been bitten by Big Head Syndrome...caused by over-infatuation with one's less than spectactular abilities.
QFT!!!

rocker
07-21-2008, 12:06 PM
i think edu looks worse this season for many reasons... i can't read Edu's mind to see if he's got big head syndrome.
one also may be that the team around him is way better. and maybe people hyped him up so much that now fans expect him to be Premiership potential.

wynne seems better than last year.. just still needs that positioning work.
i just like wynne because you can have some comfort knowing that even if a forward has lots of space behind him, wynne will catch him. And wynne is great at wynning balls from the opposition due to his strength and determination. it's very rare that 1-on-1 in close quarters, wynne won't come away with the ball.

Troll
07-21-2008, 12:21 PM
then can somebody answer me why didn;t Edu play on saturday??? Not that i care since i think he is a waste of a body on the field. with Robinson is more than enough to hold the midfield... But yea just curious why didn;t he play?anyone?

Suspension. Accumulation of yellows.

Jeffro
07-21-2008, 01:47 PM
As much as I love Marvell Wynne, I think that in his absence, Nana Attakora Gyan could slot into that position quite nicely... He's had a couple chances and looked good, and now this is his chance to start a league game. He's great positionally on defence, and also looks good going forward, he even pots the odd goal with the Canadian under-20's. Give the kid a shot!

Big Bruva
07-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Plans have now changed lets just say that.

rocker
07-22-2008, 01:23 PM

no wynne and edu tonight?????? or just not at RSL?

ThunderTundra
07-22-2008, 01:36 PM

I'm hoping this means that there is some huge signing. I don't care what you actually meant by that statement, that is how I will interpret it;)

noochie
07-22-2008, 02:29 PM

How did I miss this gem of a post? When can we expect some "official" news ;)

Big Bruva
07-22-2008, 03:06 PM
no wynne and edu tonight?????? or just not at RSL?

Leaving tomorrow, JC would never let them leave and not play in todays match lol

ThunderTundra
07-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Leaving tomorrow, JC would never let them leave and not play in todays match lol

I'm sticking with my huge signing theory:toetap05:

Big Bruva
07-22-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm sticking with my huge signing theory:toetap05:

lol don't blame you