PDA

View Full Version : Banner Team Wants You!

BuSaPuNk
01-19-2014, 07:20 PM
Alright guys with everything coming to a boil and excitement of the upcoming season for everyone the banner team is looking for volunteers.

Members are asked to sign up in this thread here : http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?35218-Banner-Painting-We-need-your-contact-info

This thread will be a signup for non members or people that will not have membership until the new season begins.

Anyone interested helping out with banners and TIFO's or know people that might be can direct them to this thread. Everyone who wants to be put on a list to be contacted for when the banner team will be doing painting, tracing, ect is asked to PM myself or PM Fort York Redcoat here : http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/member.php?257-Fort-York-Redcoat with contact information.

This information will only be used to contact people for banner team projects and nothing else.

This is an easy fast way to join up with fellow TFC supporters and even learn more about the group and what we as a group stand for. It's very informal and were all pretty friendly well most of us lol.

Just post here with any questions, concerns, ect or confirmation of PMs to us.

Thanks

We look forward to hearing from all of you and are really excited about working with everyone.

Ivy
01-19-2014, 09:39 PM
How much do we get paid?

FluSH
01-19-2014, 10:05 PM
How much do we get paid?

LMAO... a big fat zero! Also I'm not sure why this is not the same thread as the one in the boards!?

Anyhow... Let's get moving - NOW. It's our turn to step up

BuSaPuNk
01-19-2014, 10:15 PM
LMAO... a big fat zero! Also I'm not sure why this is not the same thread as the one in the boards!?

Anyhow... Let's get moving - NOW. It's our turn to step up

This one is being put for just non members and visitors that read and might want to get involved.

There's other details in the members thread that people wouldn't want available in public.

__wowza
01-19-2014, 10:41 PM
as always.. theirishembassy@gmail.com; i can design and/or paint.

for those of you on the fence about joining:
the banner teams where i got to know a lot of the RPB. i would drop by social events, but was really too anxious to jump in and introduce myself to anyone. banner painting sessions are super laid back, and there's (as corny as this sounds) a real sense of accomplishment seeing something you helped create being held up by your fellow supporters. if you're looking for someway to get more involved with the group, this is the perfect place to start!!

FluSH
01-19-2014, 10:53 PM
This one is being put for just non members and visitors that read and might want to get involved.

There's other details in the members thread that people wouldn't want available in public.

Gotcha! I linked straigjh from FB so wasn't sure what was going on...

Anyhow, this is it!

The Home Opener is our biggest day, all eyes will be on us... From supporters around the league and beyond. This is your chance to be a part of this... Who doesn't want to say "that was my design that went up there... My idea... I helped to paint that monster banner."

TFC delivered and opened their wallets with these signings, Now it's our turn to step up... We get one day, to showcase what we can do...

One game... One day...

Let's do this!

ryan
01-20-2014, 11:57 AM
I'm interested in joining, still waiting on my account here to be made a member though. Once it is I'll respond in the Members thread.

BuSaPuNk
01-20-2014, 12:59 PM
I'm interested in joining, still waiting on my account here to be made a member though. Once it is I'll respond in the Members thread.

You can send a PM to me with your contact info for now. Membership might be just gearing up as we are getting ready for paint sessions ect. Best to get your information in so you don't miss out.

james
01-21-2014, 04:30 PM
Ok I have tried over the years to go on the Banner forum page, and it has always said I do not have permission to join.....I clicked on the link at the top of this page and it still says the same thing....can anyone help me out here? how do i join this page???

BuSaPuNk
01-21-2014, 06:57 PM
Ok I have tried over the years to go on the Banner forum page, and it has always said I do not have permission to join.....I clicked on the link at the top of this page and it still says the same thing....can anyone help me out here? how do i join this page???

It's in the members only section. Get your membership and you will be given access to that part of the forum.

james
01-21-2014, 11:14 PM
It's in the members only section. Get your membership and you will be given access to that part of the forum.

how do u become a member?

BuSaPuNk
01-21-2014, 11:20 PM

Not sure Membership is up and running as of yet but send a PM to CoachGT and he should be able to sort you out.

Cheers

Alonso
01-21-2014, 11:23 PM

Not much to it really.

Contact CoachGT at: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/member.php?113-CoachGT

ie. private message him, and he will get you started.

james
01-22-2014, 10:53 PM
Not much to it really.

Contact CoachGT at: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/member.php?113-CoachGT

ie. private message him, and he will get you started.

Ok
Thanks!

FluSH
01-23-2014, 11:24 AM
BumP

we need designs!!!!!

gmacpheetfc
01-23-2014, 08:07 PM
https://www.google.ca/search?q=out+of+the+fire&rlz=1C1KMZB_enCA515CA515&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=-rvhUtyEG-ib2QWbpoCICg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAw&biw=1366&bih=653#q=from+the+ashes&tbm=isch&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=NTUFFq4RgjMdAM%253A%3BNR5gp86H9MBu_M%3Bhttp% 253A%252F%252Fherbrokenwing.files.wordpress.com%25 2F2011%252F05%252Fsvablogphoenixbird1.jpg%3Bhttp%2 53A%252F%252Fherbrokenwing.wordpress.com%252Ftag%2 52Fisaiah%252F%3B500%3B324

#Theme

RedRum
02-01-2014, 05:23 AM
Almost 1000 views in this thread. The only guy that expresses interest in showing up to put paint to fabric gets told to buy a membership first.

Anyone else see a fundamental problem here?

Sorry, I know. No need to correct me. The main thread is in the members section. Looking forward to seeing the awesome RPB banners this year!!!

TorontoGooner
02-01-2014, 05:56 AM
https://www.google.ca/search?q=out+of+the+fire&rlz=1C1KMZB_enCA515CA515&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=-rvhUtyEG-ib2QWbpoCICg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAw&biw=1366&bih=653#q=from+the+ashes&tbm=isch&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=NTUFFq4RgjMdAM%253A%3BNR5gp86H9MBu_M%3Bhttp% 253A%252F%252Fherbrokenwing.files.wordpress.com%25 2F2011%252F05%252Fsvablogphoenixbird1.jpg%3Bhttp%2 53A%252F%252Fherbrokenwing.wordpress.com%252Ftag%2 52Fisaiah%252F%3B500%3B324

#Theme

Thats a really great idea for a theme. I can help out if needed

BuSaPuNk
02-01-2014, 08:21 AM
Almost 1000 views in this thread. The only guy that expresses interest in showing up to put paint to fabric gets told to buy a membership first.

Sorry, I know. No need to correct me. The main thread is in the members section. Looking forward to seeing the awesome RPB banners this year!!!

Members and non members are always welcome to banner paintings.

brad was asking about the banner thread that is in the members section.

The reason the banner thread is in the members section is so we don't pop all of our ideas on a available thread for everyone to see so we have some sort of surprise and so ideas aren't stolen especially as a bunch are good ideas.

There was no need for that comment at all. This thread is so non members and people that arnt signed up on the boards might be more inclined to sign up and get involved.

And in brads case if they have interest in becoming members all the better. We're looking to expand availability to people especially with the new optimism of this season.

RedRum
02-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Members and non members are always welcome to banner paintings.

brad was asking about the banner thread that is in the members section.

The reason the banner thread is in the members section is so we don't pop all of our ideas on a available thread for everyone to see so we have some sort of surprise and so ideas aren't stolen especially as a bunch are good ideas.

There was no need for that comment at all. This thread is so non members and people that arnt signed up on the boards might be more inclined to sign up and get involved.

And in brads case if they have interest in becoming members all the better. We're looking to expand availability to people especially with the new optimism of this season.

Busa. I been around since year 1. Confer in the executive bathroom and they will tell you that what I post here is no different than what I say to you in the stands or at the bar.

Read my posts going back 3-4 years when I predicted the day we were on the path to getting owned at BMO by UMO2. Got laughed at. And last year that came to fruition. Jokes on me.

We have a second chance with renewed interest incoming this year. Not everyone in life gets that luxury. For the love of fuck boys (and yes I am looking at all of you who know me / especially exec), lets not kill ourselves twice.

I completely understand being guarded about banner sessions - no one wants to be had with a comeback. At the same dude has 2500+ posts. Doubt he put in that effort in only to throw tfc under the bus. Thank him for his initiative. I'll pay his membership out of pocket and thank him for his contribution. Where do I send the emt or paypal to? pm me and done

Lastly. Thank you James. A few more guys with your thought process we are back on track.

BuSaPuNk
02-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Busa. I been around since year 1. Confer in the executive bathroom and they will tell you that what I post here is no different than what I say to you in the stands or at the bar.

Read my posts going back 3-4 years when I predicted the day we were on the path to getting owned at BMO by UMO2. Got laughed at. And last year that came to fruition. Jokes on me.

We have a second chance with renewed interest incoming this year. Not everyone in life gets that luxury. For the love of fuck boys (and yes I am looking at all of you who know me / especially exec), lets not kill ourselves twice.

I completely understand being guarded about banner sessions - no one wants to be had with a comeback. At the same dude has 2500+ posts. Doubt he put in that effort in only to throw tfc under the bus. Thank him for his initiative. I'll pay his membership out of pocket and thank him for his contribution. Where do I send the emt or paypal to? pm me and done

Lastly. Thank you James. A few more guys with your thought process we are back on track.

I'm not understanding your thought process.

It's not a problem having guys throw TFC under the bus having access to the information. It's the ability to have people looking to throw us under the bus not have easy access to the process.

We're not sitting here on high horses. We have an opportunity to create a better atmosphere with more people willing to get involved.

I don't care about what happened in the past. We should be looking and planning forward.

I think I can speak for the majority of the group when I can say we are all looking to become better everywhere.

That includes in the stands, with banners and TIFO, community involvement, ect. We should be building all of what we do to where we were and should be.... The best supporters group in North America.

FluSH
02-02-2014, 10:35 PM

Red,

Good to see you're still around... FYI... I requested for James to have acces to the member's banners section of our forums without membership on January 13th

all of this through pm's back in early January.

now, there are alot of assumptions about RPB and alot of hatred... People have been wanting for this group to fail since day 1

my ask is for people to move away from the RPB hatred. It's never done any good and won't accomplish anything.

RedRum
02-03-2014, 12:20 AM
Red,

Good to see you're still around... FYI... I requested for James to have acces to the member's banners section of our forums without membership on January 13th

all of this through pm's back in early January.

now, there are alot of assumptions about RPB and alot of hatred... People have been wanting for this group to fail since day 1

my ask is for people to move away from the RPB hatred. It's never done any good and won't accomplish anything.

pm sent.

RedRum
02-03-2014, 12:21 AM
I'm not understanding your thought process.

It's not a problem having guys throw TFC under the bus having access to the information. It's the ability to have people looking to throw us under the bus not have easy access to the process.

We're not sitting here on high horses. We have an opportunity to create a better atmosphere with more people willing to get involved.

I don't care about what happened in the past. We should be looking and planning forward.

I think I can speak for the majority of the group when I can say we are all looking to become better everywhere.

That includes in the stands, with banners and TIFO, community involvement, ect. We should be building all of what we do to where we were and should be.... The best supporters group in North America.

sorry. you must be new around here.

BuSaPuNk
02-03-2014, 09:20 AM
sorry. you must be new around here.

No I am not. But thanks for derailing the thread .

Back to why we're here please.

Doucet3
02-03-2014, 11:10 AM
sorry. you must be new around here.Really?, stating a Mod is "new here" :facepalm:

Yagbod
02-03-2014, 01:56 PM

My apologies in advance if this derails the thread further. I think it would be a better idea to have them public. I understand the surprise point, but in terms of stealing your idea I don't think that would happen. The Kings, O109 and U-Sector don't make tifos and banners. I'm in charge of SG114's banner team and I wouldn't dream of poaching an idea. We have plenty. The other usual suspects are basically retired and also wouldn't dream of stealing your ideas.

But more importantly, it would be in the best interest of support for TFC in general if we coordinated more on these things. I only have a vague idea of what you have planned for the home opener but I know we have a pretty massive project going so the whole south end will end up looking a bit disjointed if we don't work together more. For big days I think a public approach (or at least more collaborative approach) would make for a bigger bang on the occasion and support the team more effectively.

My two cents.

Phil
02-03-2014, 02:07 PM
My apologies in advance if this derails the thread further. I think it would be a better idea to have them public. I understand the surprise point, but in terms of stealing your idea I don't think that would happen. The Kings, O109 and U-Sector don't make tifos and banners. I'm in charge of SG114's banner team and I wouldn't dream of poaching an idea. We have plenty. The other usual suspects are basically retired and also wouldn't dream of stealing your ideas.

But more importantly, it would be in the best interest of support for TFC in general if we coordinated more on these things. I only have a vague idea of what you have planned for the home opener but I know we have a pretty massive project going so the whole south end will end up looking a bit disjointed if we don't work together more. For big days I think a public approach (or at least more collaborative approach) would make for a bigger bang on the occasion and support the team more effectively.

My two cents.

Well I know we reached out and the information wasn't really there. Don't know what to say other than maybe shoot one of us (Pete, Tom, myself) an email or text. I can't be any more available to have the conversation.

Pint

My two cents.

umm don't be to quick with your statements chris you never know what the future may hold ;)

gdg_9

My two cents.

I agree with this whole-heartedly!

Banners are one thing, and can be specific to a Supporter Group.
But when it comes to TIFO type displays... They are much more effective when more people are involved!

That is one thing that has never really been seen at BMO... it's something that the Pacific NW teams seem to do the best (in NA anyway)

Yagbod
02-03-2014, 02:09 PM
umm don't be to quick with your statements chris you never know what the future may hold ;)

Sorry, my bad. Just going on history.

Pint
02-03-2014, 02:10 PM
Sorry, my bad. Just going on history.

No worries... would also help if we had a better idea what is going on and when.

Multiple displays on a particular day may not look the best.

Yagbod
02-03-2014, 02:14 PM
Well I know we reached out and the information wasn't really there. Don't know what to say other than maybe shoot one of us (Pete, Tom, myself) an email or text. I can't be any more available to have the conversation.

Easy partner! I am just talking about going forward.

We can discuss the past few months offline. For the public record (since you brought it up) the information was all there. I don't get that point. But again, I don't think it does anyone any good to discuss that particular idea and what happened on a forum.

Forward and onward! The past is history. Supporters should work together publicly more often, regardless of stripes.

Phil
02-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Easy partner! I am just talking about going forward.

We can discuss the past few months offline. For the public record (since you brought it up) the information was all there. I don't get that point. But again, I don't think it does anyone any good to discuss that particular idea and what happened on a forum.

Forward and onward! The past is history. Supporters should work together publicly more often, regardless of stripes.

I agree, but you specifically made some points in here:

My two cents.

That seems to illicit a direct response - its what I addressed. There have been efforts to co-ordinate and the channels are there but somehow me pointing that out is bad and really we are talking about future projects???

I really missed that in the phrasing.

So we want to open up the forum but not discuss things on the forum. Gotcha....shoot me an email and we can sort it out. I am pretty sure the ladies and gentlemen at Usector are raminping up their banner / TIFO production too :)

Fort York Redcoat
02-03-2014, 02:38 PM
Right so this thread is about joining in on bannering. You got the info. Get in touch if you're interested. It's a good time.

Phil
02-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Agreed on all points about doing things like a Timbers army effort(s). It needs everyone to come together and I would say we will be working with all groups this year.

gdg_9
02-03-2014, 02:43 PM

That seems to illicit a direct response - its what I addressed. There have been efforts to co-ordinate and the channels are there but somehow me pointing that out is bad and really we are talking about future projects???

So we want to open up the forum but not discuss things on the forum. Gotcha....shoot me an email and we can sort it out. I am pretty sure the ladies and gentlemen at Usector are raminping up their banner / TIFO production too :)

I really don't get the secrecy behind all this.
Banners specific to a supporters group are one thing...

But mass TIFO's work best when everyone is involved.

I have seasons in 113, but have no official affiliation to any supporters group.
(and the tone of some of the posts between members of the different supporters groups in the last page or so of this thread is prime example of why I have no plans to choose between them and join one either)

That being said, I sit in a supporters section at BMO for a reason.
I'm a diehard supporter of the club. I cheer and chant and sing my heart out every game.

If an idea for a mass TIFO was spread publicly, I would definitely be willing to do my part and bring anything that might be required to participate.
If a collaborative idea was agreed on by all, and word was spread, I'm sure most others in the Southend would be open to doing the same.

Phil
02-03-2014, 02:46 PM

I have seasons in 113, but have no official affiliation to any supporters group.
(and the tone of some of the posts between members of the different supporters groups in the last page or so of this thread is prime example of why I have no plans to choose between them and join one either)

I'm a diehard supporter of the club. I cheer and chant and sing my heart out every game.

If an idea for a mass TIFO was spread publicly, I would definitely be willing to do my part and bring anything that might be required to participate.
If a collaborative idea was agreed on by all, and word was spread, I'm sure most others in the Southend would be open to doing the same.

Well, it comes out of a history of internal group competition. It was week to week between us, Usector and NEE for a while and everyone upped their game.

As well, there are budgets / money planning issues, so if there is no input being offered groups tend to self produce. I see big things from all groups, we are really just working out the new way to work together. Its positive growth.

Fort York Redcoat
02-03-2014, 02:48 PM

Rest assured when we collaborate we'll make sure everyone will know about it!:thumbsup:

BuSaPuNk
02-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Rest assured when we collaborate we'll make sure everyone will know about it!:thumbsup:

Exactly just like the collaboration on the march has already begun the beginning processes. We have open channels between all supporters groups and we will be using them alot this year.

Yagbod
02-03-2014, 03:31 PM

My point is that future projects might benefit from an open discussion. It was just an idea.

I think there is a pretty clear difference between discussing the future and the past.

Anyway, PM was sent quite a while ago.

Phil
02-03-2014, 03:39 PM
My point is that future projects might benefit from an open discussion. It was just an idea.

I think there is a pretty clear difference between discussing the future and the past.

Anyway, PM was sent quite a while ago.

I think it will all work out in the future.

Last PM I have from you is April 29th 103, then March 14 2013 both has responses.

Can you resend?

denime
02-03-2014, 10:22 PM

Disagree,mass TIFO is always organized by SG,setup is done before the game with instruction on every seat.

Do you really think that every fan at Barcelona or Dortmund stadium is involved or knows before the game what is going on and what TIFO will be done ?

To do mass TIFO you need TFC FO to allowed you to come early in stadium ,without their green light you can involve every single ticket holder ,it wont work.

However, it's funny how people who are not involved with this particular group like to come here tell us what to do ,how to do it and on top of that criticize what ever we do to support TFC,not you in particular, but some other posters who know very well what they are doing when they come here as "friends"and only "trying to help".

Yagbod
02-04-2014, 09:39 AM
Disagree,mass TIFO is always organized by SG,setup is done before the game with instruction on every seat.

Do you really think that every fan at Barcelona or Dortmund stadium is involved or knows before the game what is going on and what TIFO will be done ?

To do mass TIFO you need TFC FO to allowed you to come early in stadium ,without their green light you can involve every single ticket holder ,it wont work.

However, it's funny how people who are not involved with this particular group like to come here tell us what to do ,how to do it and on top of that criticize what ever we do to support TFC,not you in particular, but some other posters who know very well what they are doing when they come here as "friends"and only "trying to help".

To avoid confusing new supporters, this is simply not true. Supporters Groups do not always organize the tifos. Independents can do it just as easily. All it takes is a few guys/gals. Instructions on the seats are not necessary and I don't think I have ever seen them at bmo. Help from the FO is useful but not necessary depending one the tifo in question. Obviously not everyone at Barca or BVB know about every tifo, but wouldn't it be useful if they did or at least more people knew about it than just a core? More people might show up in time to see it then. More people in earlier is always a better thing.

As for your last paragraph, why don't you just name names? Otherwise you are painting every registered user with the same brush and giving no one a chance to defend themselves.

This discussion should probably have it's own thread. This thread was supposed to be about attracting new members to the RPB banner team. It has become rather derailed by a friendly philosophical discussion on the tactical approaches to tifo production. Just a thought.

Phil
02-04-2014, 09:54 AM
We did a card TIFO in year one that had instructions. Learned lots of lessons from that.

Anyhow, Yagbod is right, really all we are doing is derailing a thread from its intended purpose. Lets get back on topic.

:D

FreekAce
02-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Supporters should work together publicly more often, regardless of stripes.

first post after insulting a whole bunch of people and you post this sort of drivel? perhaps you'd find people more interested in working together if your constant smug arrogance could be kept in check.

what a muppet.

Red4ever
02-04-2014, 12:20 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/48054000/jpg/_48054282_mex_offside_goalcopy.jpg

Oldtimer
02-04-2014, 12:37 PM
The purpose of this thread was to recruit for our own banner team.

Co-ordination between us and other groups should be left at the leadership level. Please contact Phil if you are part of another group and want to co-ordinate with us.

Members, please look in this section (members only) for information on what is going on with our banner team.

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/forumdisplay.php?26-Tifo-Banners-Chants-Planning-Section