PDA

View Full Version : What name are you getting on your 2014 jersey?

Doucet3
01-16-2014, 03:24 PM
Thought I'd start up a thread thats not really about debate just a little fun on whos getting what names on thier jerseys.

Me personally I could possibly get another Red one, thinking about it. In terms of the new away jersey which is going to be grey (Love it already) I'm on the edge of who to get, Obvious candidates are Defoe and Bradley (followed Defoe alot in England, Bradley not as much so ill wait to see on his performance ... plus hes only 26)

Top 5 for a Grey jersey
Defoe
Bradley
Laba
Rey
Gilberto

Whats your choices?

Yohan
01-16-2014, 03:26 PM
Osorio #21

CommradePolski
01-16-2014, 03:28 PM
No one. And Im sticking to that. Unless I velcro the numbers and letters on to make them easily replaceable haha.

gracos
01-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Costigan-Cripps, 89

OgtheDim
01-16-2014, 03:30 PM
Al Location

??

Doucet3
01-16-2014, 03:37 PM
Osorio #21 Solid pick i got Osorio on this years Home, and Eckersley on last years (tech. 2 years ago) away. i never really got TFC players, as someone said the Velcro option wasnt included and by how fast the revolving door was spinning i would of got a name and as it would of been arriving at my door he'd probably be leaving TFC's lol.

Ecks was my first (i have one with my name on it from 2-3 years ago) actual players name, Osorio being solid as fuck and a Canadian made it easy to pick my second name. since ive followed the EPL very closely with United ive always seen Defoe play easily already a favorite for the new Grey one maybe?

Red CB Toronto
01-16-2014, 03:38 PM
I have never put a name on any of my TFC jerseys, just not my style. I bought one of the old White ones off a discount rack that had De Rossario #14 on it, which is pretty cool, will be sporting that one more than once this year. I have bought most of my jersey's heavily discounted when they were at the end of their cycle. Cheapest I ever bought a brand new authentic jersey was $15 at a MLSE locker room sale. The pink one they wore in 2009.

pdogg
01-16-2014, 03:41 PM
Leiweke

$$

Red4ever
01-16-2014, 03:46 PM
Leiweke

$$

Winner.

Super
01-16-2014, 03:53 PM
Leiweke is not such a bad idea. I'm sorry, this may seem silly, but without this man we would have likely been in the same old boat rotting away yet another season.

We're not home free here, but it's hard to argue against the possibility that this man may have just punted the curse of TFC out of province. Hopefully it sticks to MTL instead :D

However, I may go with Bradley or Defoe. Not very original I guess lol

Canary10
01-16-2014, 03:59 PM
Defoe for me. I've never had a name on a shirt yet, so this'll be the first. I like Yohan's though.

khso11
01-16-2014, 04:04 PM
stuck on Defoe or Laba (if he stays of course)

Abou Sky
01-16-2014, 04:08 PM
Dunfield!

SuperTCP
01-16-2014, 04:09 PM
Lex Luthor - lol
Already have a DeRosario one from a few years back.

Joe Kool
01-16-2014, 04:18 PM
I have never wanted to put anyone on my red or grey TFC jerseys due to the lack of stability with this club. Never felt like anyone really earned it. I do, however, have a black TFC GK jersey with Frei on it for many years now because he earned it in my opinion. I also own a MLS All Star jersey from when the game came here with DeRo on it because I was DeRo fan and he was with Houston at the time and I wouldn't own a Houston jersey. I think it will take me a few years still to see if any of the new guys earn it. If I had to pick one right now I would pick Caldwell because I have alot of respect for him and I always lean towards defenders anyway since every sport I play I tend to be one.

tfcmanu
01-16-2014, 04:26 PM
Mister LABA LABA Ewwww..Mister fantastic Ewwww...LOL

TOBOR !
01-16-2014, 04:47 PM
Where's the guy who said we don't have enough threads on here ?

edit - I thought you looked familiar : http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?34480-Need-some-supporters-opinions-on-a-name-on-a-jersey&highlight=jersey

Redcoe15
01-16-2014, 05:47 PM
My username. g:D

Cuppy
01-16-2014, 05:55 PM
Bezbatchenko

Globetrotter
01-16-2014, 08:30 PM
I understand when kids, and perhaps teenagers, have names on the back of jerseys. The athlete is someone they look up to and possibly aspire to be like when they "grow up". But there comes a point where you're no longer looking up to them. You've passed them in age and you're no longer dreaming of being the one running around on the field. I don't understand why a 35 year old man would have a 20 year old boys name on his back, unless perhaps it's your own offspring. :)

Gringo Starr
01-16-2014, 10:44 PM
I understand when kids, and perhaps teenagers, have names on the back of jerseys. The athlete is someone they look up to and possibly aspire to be like when they "grow up". But there comes a point where you're no longer looking up to them. You've passed them in age and you're no longer dreaming of being the one running around on the field. I don't understand why a 35 year old man would have a 20 year old boys name on his back, unless perhaps it's your own offspring. :)

The name draws attention away from the beer filled, 35 year old love handles crammed into a shirt that is 2 sizes too small that would have fit 15 years ago...

Section_105
01-16-2014, 11:25 PM
I have a silkscreen kit and am going to put a bunch of small names and numbers on the jersey back in a random pattern for players I have had a connection with over the years,

Robinson, Dichio, Frings, Frei, Kocic, Weida, Koef, Dunny, and others that are eluding me right now......there were so many players.....

going to do it in black lettering with a glow in the dark white shaddow. hope it works as well in real life as it does in my head

FluSH
01-16-2014, 11:26 PM
FluSH

Couchy81
01-16-2014, 11:55 PM
Beer

flamehawk
01-17-2014, 12:08 AM
I have never put a name on any of my TFC jerseys, just not my style. I bought one of the old White ones off a discount rack that had De Rossario #14 on it, which is pretty cool, will be sporting that one more than once this year. I have bought most of my jersey's heavily discounted when they were at the end of their cycle. Cheapest I ever bought a brand new authentic jersey was $15 at a MLSE locker room sale. The pink one they wore in 2009.

Where do they have these locker room sales?

I actually always wanted the pink jersey, but can't find them in my size (small) anymore.

khso11
01-17-2014, 01:28 AM
Where do they have these locker room sales?

I actually always wanted the pink jersey, but can't find them in my size (small) anymore.

A shop called SVP used to sell those pink jerseys for $20 (1-2 years back), I think that's the best bet you'll most likely find them today.

Cuppy
01-17-2014, 01:32 AM
A shop called SVP used to sell those pink jerseys for $20 (1-2 years back), I think that's the best bet you'll most likely find them today.
Same location I also picked up mine. Roughly same time. Probably your best bet

habstfc
01-17-2014, 01:56 AM
Rey, Caldwell, Laba (if he stays) then any of the new 3.

Cashcleaner
01-17-2014, 02:49 AM
Players come and go far too often in sports, and that's pretty much why I've never had a jersey or shirt with anyone's name on it but my own. Heck, crests and logos seem to change ever five to ten years as well.

Brooker
01-17-2014, 02:52 AM
Buster Hymen

JuliquE
01-17-2014, 05:59 AM
Wow. Almost depressing in here.

I think some of you are over-thinking this; it's not about looking up to the player, nor are your pseudo-pedo comparisons apt. The jersey is just us showing pride in our team and I look at it as paying homage, maybe to a specific player, even. If/when he moves on, it's still a nod of appreciation for his contributions; you might not wear the jersey quite as often, any more, but, I don't really see a problem with throwing it on, now and again, unless the side he's moved on to is our rival or something.

As for the crest: I wouldn't necessarily want it to change, but, if it does, you would think that places more value on your jersey, with the old one on it. I wouldn't understand someone who feels they can no longer wear a jersey because the club has redesigned their crest, especially when it will, undoubtedly, retain elements of the original or the design that preceded it.

For now, I'm wanting to wait and see how things play out; there are so many candidates that I'd rather allow for a moment to inspire/prompt my decision, away from just the signing of those players, alone.

Pookie
01-17-2014, 07:02 AM
Leiweke is not such a bad idea. I'm sorry, this may seem silly, but without this man we would have likely been in the same old boat rotting away yet another season.

Well, technically if Tim didn't come, TFC would have still had Kevin Payne who favoured the young DP route.

Sweeper
01-17-2014, 07:26 AM
Hassli

Oblio2
01-17-2014, 08:49 AM
My jersey will say

Welsh
England

Miss Jones
01-17-2014, 09:00 AM
Defoe (I already have it on my new jersey!). Now I can believe that my favourite Tottenham player is actually playing for TFC.

Derko
01-17-2014, 09:08 AM
Defoe (I already have it on my new jersey!). Now I can believe that my favourite Tottenham player is actually playing for TFC.

No doubt Moira, we were actually wondering how you made it over the past few days??

TFC_Allez
01-17-2014, 09:39 AM
And DeRo was his name-o. #14

Carts
01-17-2014, 09:40 AM
Chet Cockstein

cmonyoureds
01-17-2014, 10:44 AM
Forlan

Pint
01-17-2014, 11:07 AM
I got a Defoe Jersey on monday and I have a blank older jersey... as well as t-shirts that read "King Pint" 127 and De Rosario

Fort York Redcoat
01-17-2014, 11:14 AM

Yeah I've disagreed with this in the past and will continue to.

You're splitting hairs with this angle of yours. If you're afraid to look creepy about it than why would you buy a jersey? Almost every player that wears one is going to be younger than you regardless of the name of the back. No name is no excuse.

It's about a preference for the player that has everything to do with appreciating ability and nothing to do with whatever creepy hangup you have.

So that's why I only wear jerseys with a name or number on the back- to date it. I obviously have a preference for the player but by the selection I've dated the shirt and can be proud of that regardless how the player works out.

Ricky_Portugal
01-17-2014, 12:02 PM
Thought I'd start up a thread thats not really about debate just a little fun on whos getting what names on thier jerseys.

Me personally I could possibly get another Red one, thinking about it. In terms of the new away jersey which is going to be grey (Love it already) I'm on the edge of who to get, Obvious candidates are Defoe and Bradley (followed Defoe alot in England, Bradley not as much so ill wait to see on his performance ... plus hes only 26)

Top 5 for a Grey jersey
Defoe
Bradley
Laba
Rey
Gilberto

Whats your choices?

Wheres the confirmation that the new one is grey in that picture of Bradley it looked black not grey

Phil
01-17-2014, 12:05 PM
Wheres the confirmation that the new one is grey in that picture of Bradley it looked black not grey

LOL...in my hulk voice - its not black, its dark onyx!

That was for PB :D

Abou Sky
01-17-2014, 10:57 PM
Thinking on this, I think that I may have to go with Abou Sky 00

Red CB Toronto
01-17-2014, 11:06 PM

Now that is respect, and We will make sure Jermaine signs it this season.

Justin10000
01-17-2014, 11:16 PM
I Hate Tottenham.

Morlesio14
01-18-2014, 12:46 AM
Ryan richter

Pinkie
01-18-2014, 09:37 AM
Hščanovičs

Jack
01-18-2014, 03:46 PM
I used to get names on my Leafs jerseys (Clark, Gilmour, Sundin), but never have for TFC. I have an XL Ricketts 10 that I won in a draw at Joe's one night. I guess I'd rather not get names on my back these days, as I am more about representing the badge on the front. I'll sing a player's name, but I'm not wearing it g:D

That said, I don't wear the kit all that frequently. My only kits are from the first season, though I might get one of the new ones this year and will definitely get one for the tenth season. I guess I'm not the ideal customer for the marketing and merch guys, but I find this changing of the jersey every season to be annoying.

jmeisenh
01-21-2014, 09:40 PM
No brainer for me. DeRo #14 on new away shirt.

Crazy Canuck
01-22-2014, 11:26 AM
I Hate Tottenham.

I plan on wearing my Arsenal jersey if Tottenham shows for a friendly.

Abou Sky
01-27-2014, 12:03 AM
After much thought, I think I will have to go with 'About Sky, 13" (*sons number)

He is actually my fave player so...

Gilberto9
01-27-2014, 10:20 AM
Either De Rosario or Osorio. Laba pending on his future at the club :hump:

Technorgasm
01-27-2014, 11:44 AM
the usual:

THE NORB