PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC vs Seattle March 15 - Roadtrip

Pages : [1] 2

KidA
01-08-2014, 06:28 PM
I just wanted to gauge the response to see who else would be interested in going to see the season opener in Seattle. I went to the season opener against Vancouver last year and it was a headache trying to sit with more TFC supporters. I am hoping that with enough interest it will be a bit easier to have a small section for us going down. It's 2 months away and more players to be signed before then. Who's in?

Dunkers
01-08-2014, 08:12 PM
I have gone to the season openers in both Van and Seattle. In the past they have saved an area at centruy link for away support. Id call group ticket sales and ask to be assigned to that seat block. Not sure when tickets go on sale, if I hear ill let you know.

MartinUtd
01-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Done Seattle twice and couldn't find a decent beer. I'll pass this time.

Yohan
01-08-2014, 08:16 PM
Done Seattle twice and couldn't find a decent beer. I'll pass this time.
I like Widmers, though IIRC it's an Oregon brew

MartinUtd
01-08-2014, 08:24 PM
They're obsessed with ultra hoppy pale ale. Its like the state has one beer with 50 different labels. All taste like fermented pine cones.

Yohan
01-08-2014, 08:25 PM
They're obsessed with ultra hoppy pale ale. Its like the state has one beer with 50 different labels. All taste like fermented pine cones.
that's what you get when you have too many yuppies and hipsters around

MartinUtd
01-08-2014, 08:31 PM
hehe, I guess I should've expected it

MightyDM
01-08-2014, 10:25 PM
I will be there. Emailed the Sounders ticket office the other day but no reply yet. What is the protocol to get us in the same place? Was in Vancouver last year. No other TFC supporters in my area.

Initial B
01-08-2014, 10:43 PM
I was just there this summer. Looks like it would be a nice field to visit...

TFCwestcan
01-09-2014, 12:13 AM
I was looking for flights and hotels today, the biggest hassle is getting the ticket for the game, this before the Bradley news, I agree with Martin Utd, hoppy hoppy beer. My plan as was the last trip to fly to Van see some friends drive down on Saturday morning. I'm up for a meet up, been a while since I was kitted up. The venue is a good place to watch a game the fans are generally cool although not as cool as Portland fans, saw Toronto lose on the start of the infamous Winter regime 9 game losing streak.

Dunkers
01-09-2014, 02:07 PM
Mikaela Purvis (Customer Service)
Jan 09 10:58 AM
Hi Jeff,
Thank you for your e-mail and support. We are excited that you are interested in coming to one of our matches. Please contact Paul Bonnie at 425.203.8302 or PaulB@SoundersFC.com (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/redir.aspx?C=YA9pV7FKiUOHzcBRYzf-Fs9-7hT14NAInnmbEvk5kDAUvvfHE_SSH6oGxtYDvoIUFTd1CCANjU k.&URL=mailto%3aPaulB%40SoundersFC.com) as he is in charge of away team supporters sections. He can work with you to find some seats for that match. Please let us know if you have any other questions and we would be happy to assist you.
Sincerely,
Mikaela Purvis
Sounders FC Customer Service
877-MLS-GOAL

KidA
01-09-2014, 03:23 PM
Thanks Dunkers!! Just sent an email so I'm hoping to hear something soon. Now to figure out if we can have flags/banners.

Edit:

Email sent and replied already. Paul Bonnie wants to know if we have a primary contact for all of us going down. Should we elect someone or does everyone feel comfortable if I organize this for the one's that are going?

MartinUtd
01-09-2014, 03:49 PM
lol, Paul Bonnie?

JuliquE
01-09-2014, 04:25 PM
lol, Paul Bonnie?
Quick -- someone photoshop Paul Beirne with one of those generic disguises (big nose, mustache and a pair of glasses, all in one).

Dunkers
01-09-2014, 04:51 PM
Seems like alot of us are on the west coast, not exactly centrally located in and around Toronto....kinda hard to co-oridate it all

KidA
01-09-2014, 06:43 PM
I would assume more as a contact to discuss any and all supporters arriving/leaving the stadium, security, etc. It would be simple if its just to make sure we are all in the same area. I will keep in contact with him to see if we need to have one purchase or at least have everyone interested in going contact him to purchase their tickets. So far I have been told the following:

Match date: Saturday, March 15th at 7pm
Cost: $32 / seat

Wull
01-09-2014, 09:26 PM
I would assume more as a contact to discuss any and all supporters arriving/leaving the stadium, security, etc. It would be simple if its just to make sure we are all in the same area. I will keep in contact with him to see if we need to have one purchase or at least have everyone interested in going contact him to purchase their tickets. So far I have been told the following:

Match date: Saturday, March 15th at 7pm
Cost: $32 / seat

Security was a joke two years ago, we were getting pelted and they didn't know how to react. They then tried to put 2 Seattle fans in amongst us and I actually had to suggest they get some numbers to hold us for a bit and then walk us out after. Not exactly Galatasaray away but after having dealt with the LA team a few days before, I was shocked at how little thought went into catering for away fans which I'm sure they deal with in greater numbers and more frequently than the Galaxy

TFCwestcan
01-10-2014, 12:01 AM
Kid A are you taking the lead, perhaps we can get numbers, details etc to Paul through you, then book individually? Hoping we get a good turn out from TO as well as the usual stragglers from the west.

Wull, I remember some of the classless fans taunting us when they score, unlike the Portland fans who thank us for coming Class... I am sure not all the fans in Seattle are like that but impressions...You would think with the Portland fans coming up in droves that they would have security figured out.

This game should rock with our new improved line-up.

Wull
01-10-2014, 08:33 AM
Wull, I remember some of the classless fans taunting us when they score, unlike the Portland fans who thank us for coming Class... I am sure not all the fans in Seattle are like that but impressions...You would think with the Portland fans coming up in droves that they would have security figured out.

To give them their due, we had a few come up to us at one of their bars before the game to welcome us etc. and even in the ground people were passing and apologizing, shaking hands etc. but, yeah, I was shocked that with Portland and Vancouver bringing people often that it wasn't better located and organized

KidA
01-10-2014, 02:27 PM
I'd be more than happy to take the lead on this. If we can get some numbers together it will be easier to organize on the other end. I will send an email to Paul to discuss booking individually after we give him a final tally of number of attendees. I will also bring up the discussion of security with Wull's previous experience to see if they have improved.

dow117
01-11-2014, 02:09 AM
there are 2 of us here in van that want to go .... been to a couple TFC games in Seattle - fans are pricks but so am I ; so it evens up so if KIDA is taking the lead' we're in and will dive from VAN on sat morn if anyone needs a ride. Let me know about tix

Brooker
01-11-2014, 04:38 AM
Layne and Kurt are dead. I ain't going to Seattle.

jazzy
01-11-2014, 06:28 AM

that is pretty funny.....no cider?

MightyDM
01-11-2014, 07:33 AM
I'd be more than happy to take the lead on this. If we can get some numbers together it will be easier to organize on the other end. I will send an email to Paul to discuss booking individually after we give him a final tally of number of attendees. I will also bring up the discussion of security with Wull's previous experience to see if they have improved.

Thanks for doing this. I will be 5. Do you want to get a sense of all the numbers and then we will all email Paul B separately ? If you could ask him what we say so he knows that we are with you that would be great.

ndtoronto
01-12-2014, 03:20 PM
I'm in for the Seattle game! I'm living in Victoria and will likely head to Seattle for the weekend. Anyone recommend a hotel to stay at?

TFCwestcan
01-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Kid A, I am in (one ticket), just to confirm the numbers, would love to book the seating ticket earlier, last time I had to waiting at the "will pick up" area and they almost could not find my ticket, I want to have them in my hands before I get on the plane. Also need to book flights & hotel early as well.

Holy crow this game is just a little over two months away!

james
01-12-2014, 06:40 PM

Meh there is a lot of other beer styles in Washington to. Id rather drink a beer with taste then a beer that tastes like water from a giant soulless corporation. Drinking a bland lager is like eating tofu for your whole life and then one day you get offered real meat, then you want another, and another, then you go back to tofu and you realize this is shit. hahaha

The ongoing battle of craft vs big brand name lagers, Beer with taste vs bland lager, a mans beer like bud to watch the game vs the yuppi beers with your pinky up, you here all the arguments. But each to there own!

james
01-12-2014, 06:42 PM
I would love to go to Seattle away game, just to far and cost to much for me to make the trip.

KidA
01-12-2014, 10:54 PM
I sent an email to Paul to discuss giving him final numbers and then each of us making a purchase for our set of tickets. I'll even ask about whether we can get the tickets in advance so we don't have to wait at Will Call to pick them up. We may not have the same numbers as Portland or Vancouver that will be attending but would love for us to be just as loud. I'll probably ask to see if they have a small banner policy.

MartinUtd
01-13-2014, 09:30 AM
Meh there is a lot of other beer styles in Washington to. Id rather drink a beer with taste then a beer that tastes like water from a giant soulless corporation. Drinking a bland lager is like eating tofu for your whole life and then one day you get offered real meat, then you want another, and another, then you go back to tofu and you realize this is shit. hahaha

The ongoing battle of craft vs big brand name lagers, Beer with taste vs bland lager, a mans beer like bud to watch the game vs the yuppi beers with your pinky up, you here all the arguments. But each to there own!

Their local brews are shit. Take it from someone that enjoys variety and please, save the sanctimonious big brand sentiment. Setting up a straw man isn't going to save Seattle beer.

james
01-13-2014, 02:27 PM
Their local brews are shit. Take it from someone that enjoys variety and please, save the sanctimonious big brand sentiment. Setting up a straw man isn't going to save Seattle beer.

haha, see it is easy to to start an argument over beer these days. Saying all Washington beers are shit is like saying all American beers are shit, which just isn't the case anymore. There is over 125 breweries in Washington, unless you live there I am sure you have tasted only a handful of breweries at best. I am sure there are good ones among the many Pale Ales as well. You go on hating all Washington beers without trying them all, I will enjoy drinking different beers as they come.

Anyways heading off topic here....

dow117
01-13-2014, 04:07 PM
We ( 2 of us ) are gonna drive down Friday evening from Burnaby, so if anyone needs to catch a ride down to Seattle, we will have room for 2-3. Returning on Sunday. If anyone is got a hotel lined up, let us know and we will try there as well. Stay downtown though; no drinking and driving.
Do we have a sense of how many will come to Seattle ???

TorontoGooner
01-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Anyone flying from Toronto to this? I'm giving it some consideration

ChrisFizik
01-13-2014, 09:12 PM
Hey everyone!

Just catching up with this thread. I was planning a post like this shortly, but here we are.
I organized meetup and ticket info for supporters from BC and travelling from Toronto/Buffalo etc last year for the Vancouver opener. KidA gonna hold the reigns time around? My plan is to fly to vancouver and then drive down.

Thanks for reaching out to Sounders FO too.... to improve on last year we really need to get numbers firmed up so the ticket order can be *blocked off* and then we can just do the usual calling/ticket buying to fill in all the seats.

Other than that -- 2 things, from wherever you are travelling from:
-- look for flight deals! hehe
-- closer to the date we will decide on a meetup venue near the stadium and everyone can meet up there, seems to usually work well and makes it fun for all. Love meeting all of you from all over the west/east etc

Rollin!

MightyDM
01-13-2014, 09:56 PM
I sent an email to Paul to discuss giving him final numbers and then each of us making a purchase for our set of tickets. I'll even ask about whether we can get the tickets in advance so we don't have to wait at Will Call to pick them up. We may not have the same numbers as Portland or Vancouver that will be attending but would love for us to be just as loud. I'll probably ask to see if they have a small banner policy.

Excellent. I am fine with whatever works. I had sent them an email before I saw this thread and Paul replied today and asked me to work with you. I am ok with will call. And it's five (5) s.v.p. Should we reach out to the other supporters groups?

Rene Kingsriver
01-13-2014, 11:09 PM
Barring unforeseen circumstances, I'm planning on going. Flying on the Friday and leaving the Tuesday after. Think I may drive to Portland and spend St Patricks there

TFCwestcan
01-14-2014, 12:46 AM
Barring unforeseen circumstances, I'm planning on going. Flying on the Friday and leaving the Tuesday after. Think I may drive to Portland and spend St Patricks there

Rene, Portland is a great town, alternative vibe, good bookstore, funky areas, wonderful fans, good beer and pubs. I took the train down one year from Seattle that was fun.

TFCwestcan
01-14-2014, 12:54 AM
We ( 2 of us ) are gonna drive down Friday evening from Burnaby, so if anyone needs to catch a ride down to Seattle, we will have room for 2-3. Returning on Sunday. If anyone is got a hotel lined up, let us know and we will try there as well. Stay downtown though; no drinking and driving.
Do we have a sense of how many will come to Seattle ???

Might take you up on your ride down I was considering renting a car but it would be fun to go with a group, it can be a bit of a journey down if the border is busy. need to a) get the ticket b) get the flight c) get the hotel d) org the ride down

I like how this road trip is coming together.

ginkster88
01-14-2014, 06:01 AM
I'll probably end up convincing myself to wander down from Van so I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Not going to lie though, had zero inclination before Monday's events.

Rene Kingsriver
01-14-2014, 06:21 AM
Rene, Portland is a great town, alternative vibe, good bookstore, funky areas, wonderful fans, good beer and pubs. I took the train down one year from Seattle that was fun.

Thanks for the info, I hadn't thought about the train, I'll check it out save me renting a car

nfitz
01-14-2014, 08:24 AM
Done Seattle twice and couldn't find a decent beer. I'll pass this time.I finally noticed at the Canada Gold Cup game there last year that somewhere behind 205/206/207 if you walk a bit futher back towards the outside wall, there are some beer stands, and one has some interesting brews. But I'm fine with hoppy pale ales.

BTW, the thread from 2 years ago is at http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?30607-Seattle-question They put away support in 104 last time, if I remember correctly. I won't be there this year unfortunately.

KidA
01-14-2014, 11:43 AM
ChrisFizik,

I have no problem organizing this for people out on the west coast and those travelling from Toronto/Buffalo. And I think the best idea is that we have a firm number of tickets so that we can easily contact Sounders FO to make our individual purchases. If anyone has any other questions that you want me to ask the Sounders FO please post so that I may pass along the details.

Also: I'll be making the trek from Vancouver to Seattle on Saturday morning/afternoon and returning Sunday morning. I should have space for 1-2 more people.

barticusz
01-14-2014, 01:37 PM
I'm interested in going to this as well.. may be able to get a second person. Would be flying from Edmonton... would the price for tickets still be $32?

themodelcitizen
01-14-2014, 02:29 PM
Good to see someone taking charge of this. I'm in, need 5 tickets in total for (hopefully) some friends coming down with me from Van. If people are buying tickets already, I'll call or e-mail that ticket rep and lock down 5 in our section.

As for the Canadian Champo game in May at BC Place, I too was worried about a repeat of last year where the Toronto fans were scattered around, so I've been in touch with ticketing at Whitecaps so we can create a proper "away" section, even if it's 10-15 people. When I get home I can pull up the contact details but it's through Brooks Jamieson at the 'Caps. Last I heard, they weren't selling tix yet but he's receptive to my idea.

Pint
01-14-2014, 02:56 PM
Just a heads up for people flying in day of the game.

I was talking with a couple people int he front office yesterday and I made the comment about the Seattle game time... Basically saying that I assume it will be moved into a primtime slot on the east coast. Her response was "nothing is done but your assumption will probably end up being correct".

League is going to pimp Bradley vs Dempsey as hard as they can

barticusz
01-14-2014, 03:42 PM
I've got solid interest from 3 .. possibly 5 now.. So once that is more confirmed I will email that ticket rep to try and reserve spots in the correct section.

KidA
01-14-2014, 03:50 PM
I'm interested in going to this as well.. may be able to get a second person. Would be flying from Edmonton... would the price for tickets still be $32?

The price for a ticket to the game would still be $32. The idea is that we will all be in the same section vs scattered throughout the stadium.

As for the purchase of tickets: nothing has been purchased yet as we are still trying to get some firm numbers on the turn out. Once we have final numbers I can send details to our contact at Sounders FO so that each person may purchase their set of tickets directly. We still have a bit of time before the ticket rep needs final numbers.

barticusz
01-14-2014, 04:01 PM
KidA are you the one working on setting up everything with Paul Bonnie? I'll keep you in the loop with how many I will need.. and I should have those numbers for you by the end of the week.

Marauder01
01-14-2014, 06:34 PM
Anyone flying from Toronto to this? I'm giving it some consideration

I'm giving it some thought too, would fly out of pearson. Let me know if you find any cheap flights.

Any deadline on when we'd have to confirm by so that tickets can be organized accordingly?

KidA
01-14-2014, 07:27 PM
I'm currently working to set everything up with Paul Bonnie. He has asked that we have final numbers by February 20th. At this point I have been keeping track of everyone that has responded with interest to attend the game and will post a quick list later tonight. I am also trying to work with Paul to find a suitable method for payment. Once I hear back from him I will inform everyone here. If anyone has any contacts with the other supporter sections, please let them know as I'm sure it would be great to have as many of us together as possible.

tfcleeds
01-14-2014, 10:04 PM

Lol...it's been quite a few years since I've last been to the Pacific Northwest, but I'd trust Portland beers over Seattle's anyday. From what I've heard anyway. :) One of these seasons, I'll make it out for a roadtrip. Not this one, sadly.

TorontoGooner
01-14-2014, 10:22 PM
I'm giving it some thought too, would fly out of pearson. Let me know if you find any cheap flights.

Any deadline on when we'd have to confirm by so that tickets can be organized accordingly?

Pearson to Seattle with one connection is around $700 return. Out of Buffalo and the price is halved. I'll hunt around a little more, still need to get the time off work!

TFCwestcan
01-15-2014, 12:07 AM
Just a heads up for people flying in day of the game.

I was talking with a couple people int he front office yesterday and I made the comment about the Seattle game time... Basically saying that I assume it will be moved into a primtime slot on the east coast. Her response was "nothing is done but your assumption will probably end up being correct".

League is going to pimp Bradley vs Dempsey as hard as they can

Yes, I could easily see them moving the game time to accommodate an eastern Tv viewers. One thing to consider when flying in is that from the airport you can take public transit downtown (45 min. bus) For those driving down leave fairly early, I left at 11am from Vancouver and it was a huge rush to get to the hotel, drop the bags, get the scarf on and get to a pub for some drinks and super. The line up for customs on Saturday can be long and slow.I think we rolled into downtown Seattle at 4:45.

The Beer debate:I found that there was some decent beer at the game, not too hoppy and certainly not the usual swill that you get in these large venues, costly coors light etc.

Thanks Kid A for handling the org side of things, first drink is on me. Feb 20 is good although I wouldn't mind getting a ticket well before that time in order to organize the rest of the trip.

Regarding drinks, can anyone recomend a decent pre-game pub that has good food, brews etc in the pioneer square area? I am trying to remember where I went before it was pretty good. Lots of friendly banter from the sounders types.

barticusz
01-15-2014, 11:04 AM
I'm with TFCwestcan.. thanks for doing this KidA. I as well would be fine with getting tickets earlier as my group would want to book flights by the end of the week. Cheers! Really looking forward to this.

dal524
01-16-2014, 11:49 AM
will there be any group ticket purchases for the Columbus game apr 5? not sure if this has happened since the incidents of year 2/3 i believe.

FluSH
01-16-2014, 11:32 PM
I'm looking into going... Flying out of Buffalo

Dunkers
01-17-2014, 02:28 PM
+ 2 tix for me please

Stugatzo
01-17-2014, 04:20 PM
I started a thread in the members' section for away trips with no replies...glad to find this!
I am mos-def going to this game and need a pair of tix if someone is organizing that.
Flights out of Buffalo can be done at 400-500 return Friday to Monday.
Thanks for the info on the group sales!

KidA
01-17-2014, 07:14 PM
Just an update for everyone that's interested. This is who I have so far:

User name
Name
No. of Tickets

KidA

dow117

MightyDM

ndtoronto

TFCwestcan

ChrisFizik

barticusz

3 possibly 5

themodelcitizen

dunkers

Stugatzo

Please let me know if I have missed anyone or your number has changed. I will be keeping a running tally. I will be sending Paul an email to clear more up about how we will be purchasing and receiving the tickets. I have left room in my running tally for real names as I'm sure everyone's email address does not line up with their board user name.

flatpicker
01-17-2014, 07:29 PM
Those of you going to Seattle... well done.
That's hardcore... so far to go for a game!
Wish I could join.

FluSH
01-17-2014, 10:15 PM
I will confirm by Tuesday if I am going... Just need to confirm my vacation and tell the wife.

Looks like the RPB Massive are gearing towards a roadtrip that I can not take lol.... so this one will be my redemption trip!

themodelcitizen
01-18-2014, 01:35 PM
My 5 are now 4, unfortunately... will keep you posted if I can convince the gf to change her mind and make 5.

Marauder01
01-19-2014, 02:25 PM
Please put me down for 2 tickets. I'll be flying in from Toronto on Thursday.
Thanks for putting this together, I'll buy you the best Pine-tasting beer available at the game.

lazlo_80
01-19-2014, 06:27 PM
Flying up from SF with 3 friends. Not looking for tickets, but will you guys be posting pre-game festivities and such on this thread? Wouldn't mind a few rounds with fellow TFC fans.

Cheers.

P.S. Red Hook Pilsner. Very easy to drink Pilsner, not too hoppy at all.

TFCwestcan
01-19-2014, 11:46 PM
Kid-A, Perhaps we can give Paul numbers this by Wednesday for the 20 plus interested so we can order tickets and book flights? We can PM you with our passport names so he has them if needed. Anybody following through after Wednesday can be added to the list. I want to book the good price for a flight before it slips away....

Also looking at Pubs for a pre-game meet-up, with my last trip I went to Collins Pub in pioneer square, above average food and a good selection of beers including Michelob for the polar opposite of hoppy ale (tip of the hat to Martin Utd), the draw back is the place is not huge so it fills up. I will continue some web research to see if I can find a better joint.

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/collins-pub-seattle

Cheers,

dow117
01-20-2014, 01:51 AM
Any suggestions on a hotel ??? For a couple nights .....group discount ???

Stugatzo
01-20-2014, 11:32 AM
FLIGHTS BOOKED!!!
I'm totally pumped for this one!!
And yes, still need that pair as per KidA's list!

Those seeking accoms might also want to check out Air B&B ...nice loft-type places available for reasonable rates downtown and close to the stadium...not exactly peak tourist season.

Dunkers
01-20-2014, 12:46 PM
Any suggestions on a hotel ??? For a couple nights .....group discount ???

Stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton last time I was going to c-link field 2 double beds and a pull out couch for approx $125.00. A bit far from the venue, but was in a part of town with alot more culture then the areas around the fields. Oscars Kitchen (Shawn Kemps bar) was a good time! (if you want to get get drunk on waky signature drinks)

KidA
01-20-2014, 07:20 PM
Kid-A, Perhaps we can give Paul numbers this by Wednesday for the 20 plus interested so we can order tickets and book flights? We can PM you with our passport names so he has them if needed. Anybody following through after Wednesday can be added to the list. I want to book the good price for a flight before it slips away....

I'll send Paul an email and see what he says about getting tickets early. Not sure the status since it's still fairly early to receive even season seat holder tickets. What I could do is give him a starting list of people and numbers so if we could make the ticket purchase now, it would make people feel more comfortable about purchasing flights.

Wull
01-20-2014, 09:38 PM
Avoid the Executive Pacific. Could hear everything going on in the rooms around you and outside even though we were high above the street

TFCwestcan
01-20-2014, 11:55 PM
In looking I found this place La_Quinta_Inn_Suites, affordable, highly rated, free parking (for those driving down, parking in the core is expensive by the way $40 for one hotel I looked at), free breakfast, wi fi. The slight drawback is that it about 2.8 Kilometres from Century link place, it is close to the tram line, walkable or a inexpensive cab ride away. The quotes are $130 range, I expect with taxes and hotel fee $15 city wide that you are looking at $150-

Http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g60878-d217807-Reviews-La_Quinta_Inn_Suites_Seattle_Downtown-Seattle_Washington.html

Still searching and while I am looking at the magic equation of affordability and good reviews, I do want to avoid the Bed Bug Inn...

The Moore Hotel is a good affordable option although parking is a drag.

TFCwestcan
01-21-2014, 07:53 PM
Apparently I need to confirm if La Quinta has parking for guests, one review said yes bit it is at first come first served. >> update I called the chain and they do have parking for guests. $119 + taxes etc.

Another option slightly closer is Silver Cloud Hotel Broadway, in a good area 20 minute walk to downtown

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g60878-d281658-Reviews-Silver_Cloud_Hotel_Broadway-Seattle_Washington.html
it is slightly more expensive at 163, with $19 for parking. Cab ride downtown $6-8 dollars.

if enough are interested I would be willing to query a better group rate.

Those not driving will have many other options closer to the venue.

jloome
01-21-2014, 08:20 PM
LOL, so who's going to line up for the legal weed?

FluSH
01-21-2014, 09:29 PM

That's in Colorado!

FluSH
01-21-2014, 09:29 PM
Anyone flying out of Toronto? And if so what dates?

Rene Kingsriver
01-21-2014, 10:01 PM

I'm going to, been keeping my eye on a direct flight with Air Canada $608 fly out Friday 14th evening return Tuesday 18th

FluSH
01-21-2014, 10:36 PM
I'm going to, been keeping my eye on a direct flight with Air Canada $608 fly out Friday 14th evening return Tuesday 18th

Nice! Hoping to use my points... Just need to confirm my vacay days...

TFCwestcan
01-21-2014, 11:54 PM

Sounds like your interested, and here we were debating the hoppy beer...

Flush> I think Washington's legal as well or is that for same sex marriage?

Detroit_TFC
01-22-2014, 11:55 AM
Washington not as far along in the process to figuring the regulatory details of their legal pot as Colorado.

FluSH
01-22-2014, 09:32 PM
Apparently I need to confirm if La Quinta has parking for guests, one review said yes bit it is at first come first served. >> update I called the chain and they do have parking for guests. $119 + taxes etc.

Another option slightly closer is Silver Cloud Hotel Broadway, in a good area 20 minute walk to downtown

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g60878-d281658-Reviews-Silver_Cloud_Hotel_Broadway-Seattle_Washington.html
it is slightly more expensive at 163, with $19 for parking. Cab ride downtown $6-8 dollars.

if enough are interested I would be willing to query a better group rate.

Those not driving will have many other options closer to the venue.

Thanks for the hotel tips... Anyone else staying at other places?

Stugatzo
01-22-2014, 09:59 PM

Flush... I'm leaving Thursday night at 8:30 pm direct flight to Seattle.
Return Sunday afternoon via Vancouver.

TorontoGooner
01-22-2014, 10:49 PM

Flying out of Buffalo on the Friday, land back in Buff early Tuesday morning. Found flights for $315 return on skyscanner

ndtoronto
01-22-2014, 11:39 PM
I may end up at the Holiday Inn Express City Centre. I talked to a rep from the hotel and its a short walk to the train station and that brings you right to the stadium. Didn't ask about parking, as I am taking the ferry over from Victoria. $115 a night and that includes a full breakfast. It's close to all the main attractions in Seattle

FluSH
01-23-2014, 11:27 AM
Flush... I'm leaving Thursday night at 8:30 pm direct flight to Seattle.
Return Sunday afternoon via Vancouver.

Nice! Now that's a good flight... Yesterday I only found flights coming back on Tuesday! But that was through aeroplan :/

FluSH
01-23-2014, 11:27 AM
For $115 the holiday inn is looking good!

TFCwestcan
01-23-2014, 08:00 PM
Dudes, I am favouring La Quinta Inn suites, approx. the same price as the Holiday Inn Express, but closer and with better reviews, free parking, breaky etc. They are both stumbling distance from down town, and in the same direction. From Trip Advisor on the Holiday Inn Express amenities: We offer parking for standard sized vehicles at $10 per night (limited space).

Just to wet an appetite:

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN)8h (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/426373927821004800)
Bendik on opener in Seattle: “It’s a blockbuster, really ... and it’s going to be a wild game.”

Indeed it will.

Kid-A what's the news on the tickets? (Much Thanks)

dow117
01-23-2014, 08:40 PM
We are ok with La Quinta as I hate to pay parking; need beer money. Think we can get a group rate or should we just go ahead ?

barticusz
01-23-2014, 11:22 PM
KidA unfortunately things havent' worked out for my work and being able to get the time off. We'll have to back out of this but we're thinking of doing another road trip later this year.. (That's all 5 of us that can't go :( )

TFCwestcan
01-24-2014, 10:06 AM
barticusz, too bad.

dow117, so far we have not got an outstanding feedback, likely too few for a group rate proper. if you book right for the Quinta site rooms start at $115, with taxes and hotel tax likely end the same as the travel sites about $130- but that is an estimate.

cheers.

JimmyJames1918
01-24-2014, 06:19 PM
I live in White Rock, My wife and I may attended. 2+

KidA
01-24-2014, 07:20 PM
barticusz -Sorry to hear that. Maybe for CCL if things work out in our favour.

TFCwestcan - I emailed Paul asking again about purchasing separately but haven't heard since. I will send an email again shortly to see if giving him a list of email addresses with number of tickets would suffice. I know we will be able to have our tickets its just a matter of determining how to pay for our group of tickets.

TFCwestcan
01-24-2014, 10:00 PM

TFCwestcan - I emailed Paul asking again about purchasing separately but haven't heard since. I will send an email again shortly to see if giving him a list of email addresses with number of tickets would suffice. I know we will be able to have our tickets its just a matter of determining how to pay for our group of tickets.

Yeah, i wonder if we a bit early for the tickets... that said I am going to book my flight this weekend. I feel confident we can get our tickets soon. Thanks

jloome
01-25-2014, 04:44 PM

The wife and I have a pair of flight vouchers so we're looking at flying to Vancouver on Friday, then driving down or taking Amtrak. So we'll be looking for a pair of tickets.

TorontoGooner
01-27-2014, 01:19 PM
Hey guys, not sure if I missed the boat here but I will need four tickets for this game. Is anyone on here getting them in bulk at all? If not how do I go about getting them.

Cheers

Dunkers
01-27-2014, 03:20 PM
Got 2 more recruits for the road trip, KidA can you up my request to 4 tix from 2.

KidA
01-27-2014, 07:16 PM
TorontoGooner - I have you down for 4 tickets. You haven't missed the boat as we need final numbers by Feb 20. I am still trying to discuss with Sounders FO about how we will be making the purchase for this game. We will have all our seats in the same away supporters section so at least the 30+ of us will be louder than all of us scattered.

Dunkers - got it. Updated the list. I'll probably post a new list of user names with numbers by the end of the week just to make sure everyone can correct me if I missed anyone/ticket numbers.

TFCwestcan
01-27-2014, 10:41 PM
KidA, the last time I called the rep and paid for the ticket with my credit card. Some ppl got tickets sent to them. I had to go to the box office (for lack of a better word) while they searched for my ticket. I want to avoid this at all costs.

Looks like slowly but surely we are getting a good crowd.

Wull
01-28-2014, 01:19 PM
Very tempted now, will need to see how many i can garner

KidA
01-28-2014, 01:40 PM
I just heard from our contact at the Sounders FO. He has informed me that he will be sending me a link so that I will be able to provide it to everyone here. Once we finalize the numbers February 20/21, he will reserve that number for our section. He will send me the link the following Monday so we can make the purchase. They finalized the price of these seats for $34 a ticket. I will send him another email to address the issue of having to pick up the tickets vs having them sent out. So far at this point we are approximately at about 30+ in attendance.

Wolves_On_Tour
01-28-2014, 02:52 PM
Well done to all who are making this trip!

TorontoGooner
01-28-2014, 05:29 PM
TorontoGooner - I have you down for 4 tickets. You haven't missed the boat as we need final numbers by Feb 20. I am still trying to discuss with Sounders FO about how we will be making the purchase for this game. We will have all our seats in the same away supporters section so at least the 30+ of us will be louder than all of us scattered.

Dunkers - got it. Updated the list. I'll probably post a new list of user names with numbers by the end of the week just to make sure everyone can correct me if I missed anyone/ticket numbers.

You're a good man

E11evenTFC
01-28-2014, 06:16 PM
Vancouver local here (since 2011) - Always pumped when the boys come out west. In for 2 tickets for sure and possibly a couple more. Will be nice to have some backup in the stands this year. Vividly remember Johnson scoring that absolute stunner from outside the 18, after being down 2-0. Turn around yelling "Wooooo! What now?!!" to all the people taunting me all game, only to barely have time to turn back around and have Seattle score on us less than a minute later. Ohhh the wrath that fell upon me after that...

Video of the goal (http://youtu.be/754LXqsq8zc?t=5m4s)

themodelcitizen
01-28-2014, 06:53 PM
KidA, the last time I called the rep and paid for the ticket with my credit card. Some ppl got tickets sent to them. I had to go to the box office (for lack of a better word) while they searched for my ticket. I want to avoid this at all costs.

Dude, who cares if will call is the only option? Not like they won't let you in...

Anyways this is sounding better and better, thanks for organizing KidA!

Detroit_TFC
01-29-2014, 10:35 AM
I'm monitoring airfares. They are just over my affordability zone, if they come down a bit I may be in on this. Feb 20 is deadline for the ticket block?

KidA
01-29-2014, 11:19 AM
I'm monitoring airfares. They are just over my affordability zone, if they come down a bit I may be in on this. Feb 20 is deadline for the ticket block?

I have placed a February 20th deadline for the ticket block as our contact at Sounders FO wants final numbers on the 21st. This will just make it easier for myself and all those involved to make sure we have the tickets we need for our section.

TorontoGooner
01-29-2014, 11:49 AM

Have a look at skyscanner.ca

I'm connecting through Detroit from Bufflo and flights are around the $320 mark. Or the Delta website

Detroit_TFC
01-29-2014, 05:01 PM
Have a look at skyscanner.ca

I'm connecting through Detroit from Bufflo and flights are around the $320 mark. Or the Delta website

Thanks, that is not a bad price. I'm very close to breaking open my piggy bank.

E11evenTFC
01-29-2014, 06:40 PM
Looks like single match tickets are on sale already for the Sounders. Hopefully this doesn't mean people can purchase in the section we would like.

fyi
Pre-sale password: RAVE14

Yohan
01-29-2014, 06:47 PM
Looks like single match tickets are on sale already for the Sounders. Hopefully this doesn't mean people can purchase in the section we would like.

fyi
Pre-sale password: RAVE14MLS teams are bound to reserve a block of tix for away supporters till like 2 weeks prior to the game.

TorontoGooner
01-30-2014, 11:41 AM
Well I've booked my flights so I'm definetly in. Now for the important stuff, where we drink before the game! I reached out to some Seattle SG's on Twitter and ECS bascially told me to go hang with Gorilla FC, the other group there. I'm not too fussed about hanging out with their lot but if a few of you want to meet before hand that would be awesome. Any ideas on pubs?

Failing that, we'll sing up together inside the ground!

TFCwestcan
01-31-2014, 08:10 PM
Well I've booked my flights so I'm definetly in. Now for the important stuff, where we drink before the game! I reached out to some Seattle SG's on Twitter and ECS bascially told me to go hang with Gorilla FC, the other group there. I'm not too fussed about hanging out with their lot but if a few of you want to meet before hand that would be awesome. Any ideas on pubs?

Failing that, we'll sing up together inside the ground!

Toronto Gooner, I am also looking into some pubs, reviews are by nature so subjective, looking at a few factors, 1)Beer 2) food 3) size and location. I was at Collins Pub several years ago, good food Beer etc but kind of small. As there are numerous fans going to a limited number of pubs so it is a challenge, I will make some suggestions in the next few weeks. A question do we want a pub to meet after after the game as well. (yes)

Cheers

themodelcitizen
02-02-2014, 12:21 PM
Fado's has been used by Southsiders and the Voyageurs before, it's a supporters pub for "Gorilla FC" (not ECS) but they're a bit more friendly. Good place to catch EPL pre-match apparently (I haven't been)

dow117
02-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Yes, we went Fado in the past to watch EPL before game, but it was like 9 a:m: but they open early for beer and brekkie. The Gorilla fans were OK with it so there were no problems and its not far to the field from there. This was a few years ago and we did a march from the pub . I think Seattle fans have become more aggressive now so not sure how it will play out but Fado is a possible pre game meet up place....and its a 7 pm kick off this time

TFCwestcan
02-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Noticed a sale on at La Quinta Inn & Suites, $98 + tax $116- total, you can book and pay ahead and you will be charged in CDN currency if you wait until you are Seattle you will of course be offered the same deal if you have reserved but will pay in USD. Found the deal on Hotels.ca

http://ca.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?pa=7&pn=1&ps=7&tab=description&destinationId=1642722&searchDestination=Seattle+%28and+vicinity%29&hotelId=112304&arrivalDate=03-15-2014&departureDate=03-16-2014&rooms%5B0%5D.numberOfAdults=1&roomno=1&validate=false&previousDateful=false&reviewOrder=date_newest_first

dow117, Fado looks good. if Kick off time is 7, I wonder if the best to get to the pub is no later than 5, perhaps even 4:30 is better.

notdarren
02-04-2014, 08:59 AM
Only just found out about this, how do I get in, I'm from Toronto, is anyone else going from Toronto?

KidA
02-04-2014, 07:16 PM
Only just found out about this, how do I get in, I'm from Toronto, is anyone else going from Toronto?

I believe if you look through this thread there are a few traveling from Toronto. At this point and time I just need numbers of those interested in purchasing tickets so that I can give them to the Sounders FO. Once I have those numbers, I will post details on how to purchase your tickets the Monday after Feb 21. I would start looking at flights/hotels as soon as you can as I'm sure it will start filling up quickly. If you want tickets just let me know how many by Feb 20th. I will finalize a list of people along with numbers that night.

Speaking of who we have so far:

KidA

dow117

MightyDM

ndtoronto

TFCwestcan

ChrisFizik

JimmyJames1918

themodelcitizen

dunkers

Stugatzo

Rene Kingsriver

Jloome

TorontoGooner

E11evenTFC

If I need to correct any of those I have accounted for so far, please let me know as soon as you can. I will also make sure to send out private messages the week of to make sure everyone is a go.

Ivy
02-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Im so jealous of you guys... that should be an amazing game / atmosphere.

notdarren
02-04-2014, 09:40 PM
Put me down as a go then. I'll look through the thread to find more people from Toronto, as I have never left Ontario in a western direction.

TFCwestcan
02-04-2014, 11:12 PM
34 ppl going, wow that's great! I just booked my flight tonight and hotel last night. This trip is really coming together.

notdarren, you find Seattle to be a fun cool city and game experience in Century link filed to be quite something, really gives one hope about soccer in NA when they have 40k fans coming out. Of course we may spoil there evening (fingers crossed). Note: we are going to meet prior to the game at a yet to be decided pub, details closer to the game.

Marauder01
02-05-2014, 10:44 AM
I'll be flying out of Toronto on Thursday. Looking forward to meeting everyone in Seattle!

KidA, please put me down for 2 tickets

KidA
02-05-2014, 11:08 AM
notdarren - How many should I put you down for??

Marauder01 - Got you down for 2!!!

Looks like we are up at 36 now. Good feeling this count will be rising too. 2 weeks to get your final numbers in!!! Sounds like we will be taking over a local pub with our numbers...

notdarren
02-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Just one, I can't even find someone to go to a TFC home game with, let alone an away game.

TorontoGooner
02-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Just one, I can't even find someone to go to a TFC home game with, let alone an away game. I'm driving to Buffalo on the Friday (and flying out from there)

Mr_gamble
02-08-2014, 07:52 PM
I just booked my flights to Seattle for this. Hotel all booked. Man, I am excited. Cannot wait. My first trip out west. Looking forward to it!

TFCwestcan
02-10-2014, 07:50 PM
Oh oh, this changes things. A much much earlier start. Those coming down from Vancouver are going to have to leave early....to get that pre game experience in. The game is now on NBC and like an earlier poster suggested they have changed the game to accommodate the network game. The graphic from the Sounders website.

15 SAT
MLS
http://www.soundersfc.com/media/icons/home.gif
Toronto FC
Seattle, WA
01:30 PM
Q13 FOX,
NBCSN

KidA
02-11-2014, 01:08 AM
I just noticed this. Hopefully it doesn't affect too many people in terms of timing. Sounds like an early pre game experience too.

Mr_gamble
02-11-2014, 01:42 AM
I'm a bit disappointed that its changed to an early start, but on the other hand, it give us the evening to (hopefully) celebrate an awesome win :D

TorontoGooner
02-11-2014, 12:56 PM
I'm a bit disappointed that its changed to an early start, but on the other hand, it give us the evening to (hopefully) celebrate an awesome win :D

I like your logic! Hopefully doesn't mess up anyone's plans. Its still going to be an incredible trip. COYR

dow117
02-11-2014, 01:08 PM
One good thing , 9:00 am start in pub and catch EPL games .... looks like this change will cost another hotel night for some ... see you on the ice !!

KidA
02-11-2014, 02:38 PM
Just a reminder to everyone that next week is the deadline for tickets. Once I receive all the details from our contact at Sounders FO I will private message all those that have indicated they will be attending with ticket purchase info.

On a few side notes, I will be printing off song sheets to go around for the game. If there are any particular chants/songs that you want to make sure are on those sheets please let me know as I will be compiling them based on the most frequently used during home games. As for other items (banners, flags) does anyone have any interest in doing something for this game? Have we come up with a location for our pre-match meetup??

Finally, May 14th is the away match vs Vancouver for the Canadian Championship. I will be posting closer to March about tickets for that game. I'll try to get in contact with someone more helpful at the Whitecaps FO so that we can all be in the same section.

TFCwestcan
02-11-2014, 11:56 PM
I have been avoiding some work today (i'll pay later) and I looked at average travel time from Vancouver to Seattle (3 hours in good conditions), however locals tell you to allow up to 5 hours in case of traffic delays and backs-ups. Looks like I am leaving at 7am Saturday morning to get into Seattle at a decent time. I concur with Mr_gamble the original start time was perfect, however it is what it is. I just hope none of the folks flying in will be affected.

Found this little website: http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/ATIS/
Very handy BC border crossing wait times, nice.

This is starting to seem like the longest off season, can't wait for the Seattle game and the season.

Mr_gamble
02-12-2014, 12:52 AM
I was going to get a friday night flight from Toronto, so I could still work the Friday... Luckily I decided against it and am getting a Friday morning flight instead. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this. Only 30 days to go!!

dow117
02-12-2014, 01:00 AM
I have driven down from Van to Seattle twice and 3 hrs should be good enough ... the biggest delay is the border xing at Peace Arch. If you can cross at Aldergrove or Abbotsford , it is way faster and you can still get to the I5 to Seattle easily.

Will we be singing the "DICHIO" song at minute 23 ???

KidA
02-12-2014, 05:25 PM
Every time I have driven down it has taken approximately 3 hours give or take a few. I'll probably leave Vancouver by 8 or so. A Sounders supporter found my post on Reddit and replied to my question about places for us to congregate before the game. How does everyone feel about meeting around 11/11:30 at one of these places?

Hell yeah! So, the stadium district is right on the border of an area called Pioneer Square, which is much larger than the actual pioneer square itself, but is home to an obscene amount of pubs and restaurants. You'll be more than at home at any of those places. We tend to inhabit a place called FX McRory's, which is in spitting distance of the stadium. Elysian Fields is a taphouse for the Elysian brewery, which makes excellent beer. The Sounders faithful all gather at a place called Fuel, where there are regular appearances by big name people in the organization. You won't get hassled too badly there, even though you're an away supporter, unless you wear a PTFC crest shakes fistThe Pyramid Taphouse is also great because it's enormous, has good food, and has beer that you've probably heard of before. Pyramid is one of the more prolific macrobreweries around Seattle but has a great selection of brews that still taste fantastic given its size and scope.
There's a big deal called the March to the Match, and it occurs and hour before kickoff. I recommend checking it out -- you won't be able to miss it, it's too loud and expansive -- there are a lot of fun adults and kids jumping around, screaming their hearts out. You won't be hated on for onlooking or even participating, unless you're wearing a goddamn PTFC crest, he says while shaking his fist
You guys should just plan two things: Get drunk (if you do that), and get loud. All else is easy. I highly recommend walking around the whole pioneer square district just to get a feel of things. Believe me when I said there are a fuck-ton of bars. You'll probably find a few friendly red-and-white jerseys to bunker down with in a sea of green, as they'll likely choose the less-crowded bars in the area so they don't have to hear sustained chants three hours prior to kickoff. Make no mistake, though. You will be immersed in the Sounders subculture that permeates the middle Cascadia lowlands. And I think you'll love it.
TL;DR -- Fuck Portland, get drunk (if you do that).

In terms of chants so far I'm thinking the following:

TFC Bounce - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPv3yX5Ir9w
Just can't get enough - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUwshjBY3hk&feature=related
Allez allez Les Rouges allez - http://youtu.be/Sjx-Nh-tfII
Reds go marching in - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3G2pbgk9m4
TFC Massive - http://youtu.be/3MKsRnStFsI

Just to start...

themodelcitizen
02-13-2014, 12:21 PM
Been PMing with KidA about this, but I was speaking to Vancouver ticketing about the CC game there in May. They replied this morning and ticketing is apparently already open, and they're willing to work with us by placing us all together at BC Place in the away section.

Last year's opener saw a few TO fans scattered around, which we're trying to avoid, and their ticketing guy will help - Jamieson Brooks at 778-330-1376 (tel:778-330-1376). You can mention my name (Scott Ferguson) but he should be able to put you in the dedicated Toronto section either way. Personally I'm just confirming numbers and will book my own tix soon.

This one's a Wednesday night so we won't have the same travelling contingent, but a great chance for all of us TO "expats" on the west coast to get together.

E11evenTFC
02-13-2014, 07:31 PM
Been PMing with KidA about this, but I was speaking to Vancouver ticketing about the CC game there in May. They replied this morning and ticketing is apparently already open, and they're willing to work with us by placing us all together at BC Place in the away section.

Last year's opener saw a few TO fans scattered around, which we're trying to avoid, and their ticketing guy will help - Jamieson Brooks at 778-330-1376 (tel:778-330-1376). You can mention my name (Scott Ferguson) but he should be able to put you in the dedicated Toronto section either way. Personally I'm just confirming numbers and will book my own tix soon.

This one's a Wednesday night so we won't have the same travelling contingent, but a great chance for all of us TO "expats" on the west coast to get together.

Already got my tix to the game but I'm sure I can squeeze in there somewhere. Should start a new thread for this.

TFCwestcan
02-13-2014, 11:41 PM
KidA, good start on the pubs list, Fx Rory's is like across the parking lot from century link field. the pyramid taphouse is interesting as it looks very large. Lots of options. I agree 11-11:30 works well, these pubs are close the venue which makes fine sense with our now abbreviated pre match meet-up. That large quote from the Seattle supporter makes one excited for the game day experience a month away. We should determine a post game pub that we can gather at, and cause havoc.

I like the song choices.

Shame about the Vancouver match as the mid-week time rules out an away trip for many.

Mr_gamble
02-14-2014, 01:31 AM
A post game pub is just as, if not more important, as a pregame pub. Somewhere we can chuckle about our win. I'm all excited. Can March hurry up please?

Dunkers
02-14-2014, 02:57 AM
KidA, good start on the pubs list, Fx Rory's is like across the parking lot from century link field. the pyramid taphouse is interesting as it looks very large. Lots of options. I agree 11-11:30 works well, these pubs are close the venue which makes fine sense with our now abbreviated pre match meet-up. That large quote from the Seattle supporter makes one excited for the game day experience a month away. We should determine a post game pub that we can gather at, and cause havoc.

I like the song choices.

Shame about the Vancouver match as the mid-week time rules out an away trip for many.

If the pyramid is anything like it is for seahawks games, it will be very full, being a 2 min walk to the stadium. I ate at the official pyramid tailgate in their parking lot, and the sausage was horrible. I guess they only had 7 weeks to perfect it...

KidA
02-14-2014, 02:23 PM
A couple of thoughts:

1. I'll start up a Vancouver vs Toronto May 14 Match thread so that the info about tickets and supporter section details can be given out.
2. 11-11:30 meet up at Pyramid followed by post-match at FX Rory's or vice versa depending on what others think.
3. Banners/flags/other - any interest in this stuff?

And heres my list so far of those attending.

KidA

dow117

MightyDM

ndtoronto

TFCwestcan

ChrisFizik

JimmyJames1918

themodelcitizen

dunkers

Stugatzo

Rene Kingsriver

Jloome

TorontoGooner

E11evenTFC

Marauder01

notdarren

Mr Gamble

moralis
02-14-2014, 03:01 PM
Hopefully that number reaches 50 people going to Seattle. Can't make it, but will be watching on TV. What a game it will be. Have fun and COME ON YOU REDS.

Mr_gamble
02-14-2014, 08:04 PM
Every day, I get more and more excited for this. A month today I'll be in Seattle. A month tomorrow, the season starts for us. I might have another person on board for this. But I'll let you know before the 20th KidA.

themodelcitizen
02-14-2014, 10:32 PM
Looks like I'll need another one now too, so up to 5 in total...

EDIT: I'm getting mixed msgs from some friends about going so screw 'em, change my number to 2 for now... will try and get them to commit before the 20th.

TFCwestcan
02-15-2014, 01:39 AM
If the pyramid is anything like it is for seahawks games, it will be very full, being a 2 min walk to the stadium. I ate at the official pyramid tailgate in their parking lot, and the sausage was horrible. I guess they only had 7 weeks to perfect it...

I think most of the pubs around Century link will be full... 11am is my target time.

dow117
02-15-2014, 02:50 AM
The Pyramid pub at 11:00 a:m: it is then. I intend to go to Fado around 9 first to catch brekkie. pint and an EPL game then head over to the Pyramid ... hopefully this will be doable.
The chants/ songs look good . If you have flags etc , bring along and we'll figure it out. Safe travels to all you reds !

Marauder01
02-15-2014, 12:13 PM
I'm liking the song list, and I'm down for whatever pre/post game. It will be my first time in the emerald city.

I'll just be bringing scarves, a few extra if seattle fans want to do an exchange.

Flags sound like a great idea to me, but I'd certainly be down to meet up and make a TIFO for the game we could wave over the 35+ coming out. I dunno how easy/difficult that would be to make, but with a month away I'm sure if we got enough people we could make it happen. Thoughts?

nfitz
02-15-2014, 12:40 PM
I have been avoiding some work today (i'll pay later) and I looked at average travel time from Vancouver to Seattle (3 hours in good conditions), however locals tell you to allow up to 5 hours in case of traffic delays and backs-ups. It's wise to leave extra time .. but I've done 2 hours before from Vancouver airport to the University District near I5 in Seattle. I don't think I've ever been much worse than 3, and most of that was an extra 40 minutes at the border. It's only about 220 km, so no need for gas, washrooms, or food.

themodelcitizen
02-15-2014, 03:48 PM
Hate to scale down my number, but I'm getting mixed msgs from some friends about going so screw 'em, change my number to 2 for now... will try and get them to commit before the 20th.

TorontoGooner
02-15-2014, 03:50 PM
Hate to scale down my number, but I'm getting mixed msgs from some friends about going so screw 'em, change my number to 2 for now... will try and get them to commit before the 20th.

Same here, I've had two buddies drop out on me. I'm only needing two for the time being. Will still pay for 4 though if it messes things up

ndtoronto
02-15-2014, 08:43 PM
Im still in for the game and looking forward to it. I was always going to go to the game by myself while my wife and 20 month old went to the Aquarium or some other things in Seattle.

They may not even be coming to Seattle so I could be a batchelor for the weekend! Now with not having to worry about getting a hotel close to the attractions they were going to go to, is there a consensus on the hotel we should be looking at?

FluSH
02-15-2014, 10:53 PM
Still not giving up on this... Trying to build a business case to the wife lol.... Where are the majority of ppl staying at?

TFCwestcan
02-15-2014, 10:54 PM
Im still in for the game and looking forward to it. I was always going to go to the game by myself while my wife and 20 month old went to the Aquarium or some other things in Seattle.

They may not even be coming to Seattle so I could be a batchelor for the weekend! Now with not having to worry about getting a hotel close to the attractions they were going to go to, is there a consensus on the hotel we should be looking at?

I am booked at La Quinta Inn & suites, not in pioneer square but fairly close to the action, it had generally great reviews, offers parking which I need. You can book online and pay in CDN dollars.
http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?propId=436

MarkInVictoria
02-16-2014, 12:15 AM
Another TFC supporter (and still a STH) living in Victoria, BC who plans on heading down for the match. PM sent to Kid A.

KidA
02-16-2014, 01:02 AM
MarkInVictoria - Got your PM, replied, and have you down for 2 tickets.
Flush - Can't remember the name of the hotel but I ended up booking through hotwire since it gives you a better price than listed. Usually works out.
Marauder01 - I'd be down for a good TIFO of sorts. Where are you located?? If you're in Vancouver or the area that shouldn't be a problem to work out together.
TorontoGooner - I now have you down for 2 tickets. No need to worry about switching as we have until the 20th to give our final numbers.
themodelcitizen - Got you down for 2. Again we have time so as long as we have the final number finalized by the 20th we are good.

Looking forward to meeting every one of you in person and ringing in the new season loudly!!! I may need to start training my voice now.

Marauder01
02-16-2014, 09:46 AM
I was thinking 'In Tims we Trust" but totally open to whatever.

I'm located in Toronto, arriving in Seattle the day before the game, probably not enough time to get something together.
Maybe the keeper of the current banners would lend out the "road warriors" banner for the game.
I'd like to have something in our section, its just a matter of what feasible.

TFCwestcan
02-16-2014, 10:01 AM
I was thinking 'In Tims we Trust" but totally open to whatever.

I'm located in Toronto, arriving in Seattle the day before the game, probably not enough time to get something together.
Maybe the keeper of the current banners would lend out the "road warriors" banner for the game.
I'd like to have something in our section, its just a matter of what feasible.

Even a large flag with a long pole would work, we had one like that when we went to Portland, if they keep the same section that we were in last year, there are railings that can have a banner can be drapped on(?). Davy even brought the pole etc on the plane.

Marauder01
02-16-2014, 10:10 AM
Ya that could work for sure. Its pretty likely we'll be in the same section.

Totally open to other original ideas that anyone else has. This game will be broadcast nationally in the US and Canada, so a good opportunity to make a statement with a TIFO on TV.

In terms of bringing a TIFO from Toronto, I'm more than willing to work with fans here on something and bring it out West with me.

TorontoGooner
02-16-2014, 10:25 AM
I'm bringing a large England flag with 'Essex Reds' on it. It's not a huge flag but its something

dow117
02-16-2014, 01:00 PM
We are staying at BnB Pension Hotel opposite Pike Market ...( Pension Nicholl ) Got it cheap thru these Living Social / Groupon Deals. Has great reviews and its a little quirky...$89. Gotta find parking which is about $15 day.

KidA
02-16-2014, 02:24 PM
If the people in Toronto want to get together to either make a TIFO or bring one that would be ace!! I will see what I can do with any of those already in Vancouver to make something as well. I think the more the merrier as it's time to show the rest of the MLS we aren't going quietly.

Marauder01
02-16-2014, 03:36 PM
Good stuff KidA!

I reached out the the banner team, they are planning to bring some banners to Seattle and will be discussing it at their AGM this week.
For those interested in helping there will be more information posted later in the week I guess, dates are 24-26th 5:30 to 11:30.

TFCwestcan
02-16-2014, 04:05 PM
We are staying at BnB Pension Hotel opposite Pike Market ...( Pension Nicholl ) Got it cheap thru these Living Social / Groupon Deals. Has great reviews and its a little quirky...$89. Gotta find parking which is about $15 day.

dow117, I parked at this garage which at the time the locked up for the night and opened at 9am, it was a special deal with the Moore hotel ($15), it is a few blocks from Pike Market, there is a 12 hour weekend rate? The garage is located on the corner of Stewart & Third. I liked how they locked the garage down for the evening at the time, now it looks like its 24-7.

http://www.rpnw.com/lot/seattle/30-526

Stugatzo
02-17-2014, 07:00 AM
Still not giving up on this... Trying to build a business case to the wife lol.... Where are the majority of ppl staying at?

Flush...I'm staying here...
http://www.monaco-seattle.com/

The whole trip is a gift from the g/f!!
:hump:

PS...KidA, you totally rock for taking care of this!!

nfitz
02-17-2014, 10:15 AM
If anyone is daytripping it down from Vancouver, the Amtrak train is a perfect option for this game. If you look at the schedule, there's a 6:40 AM trip from Vancouver arriving Seattle at about 11 AM. The train station in Seattle is a very short walk to the stadium! And there's a train back to Vancouver at 6:35 pm. http://www.amtrak.com/ccurl/335/430/Amtrak-Cascades-Schedule-010614.pdf

The train is in light yellow. The green/blue ones are Amtrak buses, which are also very convenient, as they go to the main train station, and not the bus station near Westlake station.

I hear the view from the train to the ocean is worth seeing! Sadly I always end up on a bus, because of the timing.

Driving is certainly faster ... but not a great option if you have a few at the game.

I wish I was there this year ... sigh.

E11evenTFC
02-17-2014, 08:45 PM
Does the club ever alert fans on the tfc site about an away section gathering? I'm sure there are others going to the game that are unaware of a certain designated section.

FluSH
02-17-2014, 09:29 PM
Flush...I'm staying here...
http://www.monaco-seattle.com/

The whole trip is a gift from the g/f!!
:hump:

PS...KidA, you totally rock for taking care of this!!

Nice! I had 3 ppl interested in going but the return flights are all horrible! +1 day... Would be coming back the earliest on Wednesday if I use my points... Not looking good for me... I might jus bank the point and use it for a Kansas roadtrip

secretmessage
02-17-2014, 11:31 PM
Hey there!

Just saw this post and immediately registered for an account. :P
I'm a student, born in Toronto, currently living in the Seattle area.

Could you please put me down for 1?

Would love to actually meet some TFC supporters again!

KidA
02-18-2014, 11:16 AM
secretmessage - Got you down for 1. I'll be PM'ing those who have requested tickets with all the details once I receive them from the Sounders FO.
Flush - That's too bad. Have you been looking at direct from Toronto to Seattle or have you thought of taking the trip through either Buffalo to Seattle or even Toronto to Vancouver? I believe there are a few of us traveling from the Vancouver area that wouldn't mind giving you a ride if you need it.
E11evenTFC - I have broadcasted the message across Twitter and both the U-Sector and Red Patch Boys have retweeeted it to their followers. I have even sent the message to the TFC twitter account but I do not believe they have let anyone know about this trip. If someone wants to post on their Facebook page that could work as well. We welcome everyone!!!

TorontoGooner
02-18-2014, 03:44 PM
Nice! I had 3 ppl interested in going but the return flights are all horrible! +1 day... Would be coming back the earliest on Wednesday if I use my points... Not looking good for me... I might jus bank the point and use it for a Kansas roadtrip

Im going from Buffalo with Delta. There's a lot of options if you're willing to connect somewhere

KidA
02-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Just wanted to do a quick check on everyone's status as we are getting down to crunch time for ticket purchases to be made. I will be posting the list I have of people that will be receiving the purchase link and promo code later tonight/tomorrow morning. I have been told that this is only for Toronto FC supporters as we will be placed all in the same section. Also, once you purchase your ticket you will be emailed the ticket(s) to print out. We will be avoiding Will Call by doing so.

Phil
02-19-2014, 12:24 PM
Awesome, thanks again for this. I just had an email from Seattle with the link and refered them to you KidA.

KidA
02-19-2014, 12:31 PM
Awesome, thanks again for this. I just had an email from Seattle with the link and refered them to you KidA.

No problem at all. I received the email this morning from Sounders FO with all the details. I'm going to start sending out private messages with the details for everyone who needs tickets.

Stugatzo
02-19-2014, 04:49 PM
Tickets purchased!!!!

MarkInVictoria
02-19-2014, 05:22 PM
Tickets purchased!!!!

Likewise. Coming down from Victoria on the Friday night, staying at the Paramount (Pike/Pine area).

I second the recommendation for Fado for Breakfast/Pints/Footy.

Can't wait!

ndtoronto
02-19-2014, 07:16 PM
Ticket purchased as well. Just hoping now that my wife's work schedule works out for that weekend

If not I will have a ticket to give away

Thanks KidA for organizing this, a pint of Seattle's hoppiest beer for you when we meet up

gwako
02-19-2014, 08:20 PM
Just came across this thread - Season ticket holder since day 1 :) - I'll be heading down to Seattle from Toronto with 4 other guys - would love to sit with all the other traveling fans. Is it possible if you can share the link !

TFCwestcan
02-19-2014, 08:33 PM
Ticket bought and downloaded!

Big thanks to KidA for his organizational duties, you have a beer coming your way.

Fado's for breakfast sounds good, alas I will not be in Seattle until about 11.

Time to ponder the pre & post pubs.

Gwako, PM KidA

FluSH
02-19-2014, 08:34 PM
Thanks KidA... I just officially pulled out... Not in the cards for me although would have loved to be there with you lot!

will look at other roadtrips down the road for sure... More than likely Kansas!

ChrisFizik
02-19-2014, 10:19 PM
exciting times. thanks again for sorting stuff out KidA

I mulled over this for awhile, stressin on the weekend..the earlier match time really messed up my plans...flying direct/driving down debate... but alas, sticking with the driving down from Van idea..but on the friday so not too rushed. So that's flying out to yvr from yyz friday evening then driving down/border crossing the same evening. Hotel ideas appreciated, thanks for posting some so far guys.
Flying back monday from Van....can't really avoid the long/expensive route back from Van or SeaTac....timezones kill ya as usual..heh

Have also looked into banner/flag transporation and will bring at least something to wave from the master RPB store...... whoever's been poking around for that, find me at the AGM this weekend to talk

If we're organized enough in the section, and it sounds like we will be -- I have no problem leading the chants really...like the printout idea tho KidA.... strong showing!

Off to sort tickets!

Mr_gamble
02-20-2014, 12:44 AM
Ticket purchased! Thank you so much KidA for organising all this. Now everything is booked, I'm wayyy to excited! :D

TorontoGooner
02-20-2014, 10:20 AM
Tickets bought. You're the best KidA. A pint coming your way!

tonyb
02-20-2014, 11:18 AM
Brilliant effort guys and gals a lot easier to get to away games in the uk, how many miles is it to seattle?, have a brilliant trip.

tfcleeds
02-20-2014, 11:25 AM
Brilliant effort guys and gals a lot easier to get to away games in the uk, how many miles is it to seattle?, have a brilliant trip. About 4000 kms. One thing TFC supporters have always done well is travel. I'd be hard pressed to think of a game where we haven't been represented at all. I remember three hardy souls travelling to a CONCACAF Champion's League match in El Salvador.(and they were prominently featured on the telecast that night!) Not going to this match, but I'd love to travel to Seattle and Portland sometime. Maybe next season. Anyways, to those who are going, I know you'll represent us well!

tonyb
02-20-2014, 11:56 AM
4000 kms, thats crazy, every respect.

Pint
02-20-2014, 12:15 PM
but I'd love to travel to Seattle and Portland sometime. Maybe next season. Anyways, to those who are going, I know you'll represent us well!

Feel the same way... maybe one of these years we will be able to bribe the schedule makers to do a Van, Sea, portland (sat, wed, sat) schedule for us.

MartinUtd
02-20-2014, 12:27 PM
haha, I remember seeing those TFC fans on TV at the El Salvador game, that's dedication! One of these days I want to make it to a game in Mexico, preferably Atlante, althought I don't see them winning anything soon.

I wouldn't mind a Portland/San Jose road trip. Done Seattle twice and as fun as it is, I want to try a different city. We've been getting Seattle a lot for season openers, it seems.

Dunkers
02-20-2014, 12:35 PM
haha, I remember seeing those TFC fans on TV at the El Salvador game, that's dedication! One of these days I want to make it to a game in Mexico, preferably Atlante, althought I don't see them winning anything soon.

I wouldn't mind a Portland/San Jose road trip. Done Seattle twice and as fun as it is, I want to try a different city. We've been getting Seattle a lot for season openers, it seems.

I think it has been Vancouver - 2011, Seattle - 2012, Vancouver -2013 and Seattle again this yr.

I really want to do a portland match, but the timing never seems to line up

tfcleeds
02-20-2014, 12:48 PM
Feel the same way... maybe one of these years we will be able to bribe the schedule makers to do a Van, Sea, portland (sat, wed, sat) schedule for us. I'd be so booking that week off if that ever happened for us. One can hope anyways.

MarkInVictoria
02-20-2014, 12:59 PM
I think it has been Vancouver - 2011, Seattle - 2012, Vancouver -2013 and Seattle again this yr.

Yep, a gift for us west coasters, getting to see the team before their first home game. Also got to see them in LA in March 2012 in the second leg of the CCL tie.

KidA
02-20-2014, 01:09 PM
Glad to help everyone. If anyone hears of others that are interested in attending the match and are looking to sit with fellow TFC supporters make sure to point them this way as we have till March 3rd for ticket purchases. We are close to 50 supporters so I would love to see that happen if possible.

MartinUtd
02-20-2014, 01:51 PM
Yep, a gift for us west coasters, getting to see the team before their first home game. Also got to see them in LA in March 2012 in the second leg of the CCL tie.

I was there!!!

What a fun match, especially with all 108 members of Silva's family joining the TFC supporters.

dow117
02-21-2014, 03:24 PM
Tickets received.... merci KidA !!! see you at the Pyramid 11ish and Fado 9 ish .... that's A:M: folks !!!

Rene Kingsriver
02-23-2014, 08:48 PM
Got my ticket, thanks Kid A much appreciated, booked the flight today too

prizby
02-23-2014, 10:10 PM
About 4000 kms. One thing TFC supporters have always done well is travel. I'd be hard pressed to think of a game where we haven't been represented at all. I remember three hardy souls travelling to a CONCACAF Champion's League match in El Salvador.(and they were prominently featured on the telecast that night!) Not going to this match, but I'd love to travel to Seattle and Portland sometime. Maybe next season. Anyways, to those who are going, I know you'll represent us well!

would love MLS to do a July/August 3 game road trip with some like a Saturday in Vancouver, Wednesday in Portland, Saturday in San Jose (based on rotation, we wouldn't get Seattle next year); I'd do a west coast trip like that and tie a vacation into it.

prizby
02-23-2014, 10:11 PM
Glad to help everyone. If anyone hears of others that are interested in attending the match and are looking to sit with fellow TFC supporters make sure to point them this way as we have till March 3rd for ticket purchases. We are close to 50 supporters so I would love to see that happen if possible.

Just want to give you major props on doing this...well done

nfitz
02-23-2014, 11:51 PM
4000 kms, thats crazy, every respect.What's crazy, is that you head to Vancouver (which is just a short drive from the US border, and Seattle), and in many respect, when you walk on the street, it feels little different than Toronto. Same stores, same products in the stores, same adverts, same TV stations, even the accent is hard to differentiate. There's more difference crossing a few miles south of Vancouver towards Seattle than there is in the 4,000 km to Vancouver.

OgtheDim
02-24-2014, 07:24 AM
.... There's more difference crossing a few miles south of Vancouver towards Seattle than there is in the 4,000 km to Vancouver.

Ever heard the Western New York accent? The vowels are all different and that's just across the lake.

Kudos for those doing this trip.

KidA
02-24-2014, 01:01 PM
Just want to give you major props on doing this...well done

Thank you sir. Here's hoping for a large crowd at the Canadian Championship in Vancouver as well.

Red CB Toronto
02-24-2014, 01:57 PM
Thank you sir. Here's hoping for a large crowd at the Canadian Championship in Vancouver as well.

Love to see people like you across the country bringing TFC supporter together and making our presence known, good on you. We need people like you as a member.

themodelcitizen
02-24-2014, 03:00 PM

ding ding ding - http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?35456-Vancouver-vs-Toronto-May-14-Voyageurs-Cup

Thread started and ready to go. The direct line for our guy at Whitecaps ticketing is in there, make the call folks! They're setting aside 20-30 seats for us so let's fill them quick and get even more seats if need be.

ndtoronto
02-24-2014, 09:48 PM
Green light from me for this game. Wifes boss tried to screw us by not giving her Sunday off work

I'm just gonna have to head back to the island after the Game. Thanks to the Seattle front office for moving up the Game time!

nfitz
02-25-2014, 12:00 AM
Ever heard the Western New York accent? The vowels are all different and that's just across the lake.It's similar in Windsor, and all you have to do there is drive through the tunnel.

Though credit to Seattle. The accent there could just as easily be Canadian, save for a few words.

KidA
02-26-2014, 11:51 AM
Just a reminder that all supporters going to this match must have their tickets purchased by March 3rd. Keep spreading the word so we can fill the section we have assigned as best as possible.

I also did some searching around and came across the 75 Mile Bastards. Supporters across Canada and the USA. Found a song that they have used before and wanted to see what people here thought since some of us would technically be a part of this chapter.

75MB Official Song:

To the Tune of "The Lumberjack Song" by Monty Python

Capo: We are Bastards and we're okay
Though we live kinda far away.

Group:We are Bastards and we're okay

Capo: We live in cities, towns, and burgs from sea to shinning sea
No one could ever doubt our love for TFC

Group: We live in cities, towns, and burgs from sea to shinning sea
No one could ever doubt our love for mighty TFC

We are Bastards and we're okay

Capo: We wear grass skirts, we like to drink, we travel here by car
And when we go to road games, we find a footie bar

Group: We wear grass skirts, we like to drink, we travel here by car
And when we go to road games, we find a footie bar

Capo: We sing and chant, we bounce and curse, our tickets are renewed
And when we get too thristy, we break out Mountain Dew

Group: We sing and chant, we bounce and curse, our tickets are renewed
And when we get too thristy, we break out Mountain Dew

ChrisFizik
02-26-2014, 01:30 PM
yeah, the usual 5-6 chants are pretty good once we get going....dunno if I wanna borrow the Bastards one haha

Good news on planning front, I will be transporting the official RPB road banner to put up and also a flag or two.... so that's all good

Still looking for hotel idea.... only seen a few mentioned around here...any other ideas?

dow117
02-26-2014, 02:22 PM
ding ding ding - http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?35456-Vancouver-vs-Toronto-May-14-Voyageurs-Cup

Thread started and ready to go. The direct line for our guy at Whitecaps ticketing is in there, make the call folks! They're setting aside 20-30 seats for us so let's fill them quick and get even more seats if need be.

I moved out here a year ago and the last TFC visit , supporters were all over the place. We will be going this time and hoping to be in that section. BTW ... once a TFC supporter , there is no going to the "other" side !!!!. Caps come second and only coz they got Robinson and now Laba.

KidA
02-26-2014, 04:57 PM
yeah, the usual 5-6 chants are pretty good once we get going....dunno if I wanna borrow the Bastards one haha

Good news on planning front, I will be transporting the official RPB road banner to put up and also a flag or two.... so that's all good

Still looking for hotel idea.... only seen a few mentioned around here...any other ideas?

To be honest I know its a chance but I ended up using Hotwire. I took a quick look right now and theres a 4 star downtown Seattle hotel available for $100. If you need 5 star it may be a little more. I lucked out when I booked through Hotwire and got "stuck" at the Fairmont.

TFCinmyblood
02-26-2014, 06:02 PM
I'm living in BC and planning a trip to Seattle. I would be interested in being part of group sales. What's my next step?

KidA
02-26-2014, 07:01 PM
I'm living in BC and planning a trip to Seattle. I would be interested in being part of group sales. What's my next step?

Good to see another addition. Let me know how many tickets you will be needing so I can pass it along. After that I'll send you the link to purchase your tickets. You will have until March 3rd to make your purchase. Also, we will be meeting before the game at Pyramid (restaurant/bar) at 11am before we head over.

themodelcitizen
02-27-2014, 12:39 PM
Looks like I need 1 more at this point, same procedure as you just described? Wait for a link?

HeyTFCinmyblood, get yourself in here for the Vancouver-Toronto game in May! http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?35456-Vancouver-vs-Toronto-May-14-Voyageurs-Cup

KidA
02-27-2014, 12:50 PM
Looks like I need 1 more at this point, same procedure as you just described? Wait for a link?

HeyTFCinmyblood, get yourself in here for the Vancouver-Toronto game in May! http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?35456-Vancouver-vs-Toronto-May-14-Voyageurs-Cup

Sent you a PM themodelcitizen. If you need it, you shall receive it. We are so extremely close to 50 its crazy.

mowe
02-27-2014, 01:12 PM
We are so extremely close to 50 its crazy.

That's amazing. Props to you for organizing this and everybody making their way out to Seattle. Is the away section in a good location? I hope you guys get a lot of TV time.

Yohan
02-27-2014, 01:22 PM
That's amazing. Props to you for organizing this and everybody making their way out to Seattle. Is the away section in a good location? I hope you guys get a lot of TV time.
IIRC, in the corner high up... you think a team would give up prime spot for away supporters? lol

KidA
02-27-2014, 01:25 PM
IIRC, in the corner high up... you think a team would give up prime spot for away supporters? lol

Just looking at my tickets we start at the front of section 203. Row A. So yes its corner but luckily not at the top.

mowe
02-27-2014, 01:46 PM

I meant since they have huge stadium, if they get stuck in the upper deck they'd be out of sight from the TV cameras.

MarkInVictoria
02-27-2014, 05:17 PM
I meant since they have huge stadium, if they get stuck in the upper deck they'd be out of sight from the TV cameras.

It's in one corner above a walkway about halfway up the lower bowl of the stadium. Largely out of sight of the cameras.

Dunkers
02-27-2014, 07:52 PM
It's in one corner above a walkway about halfway up the lower bowl of the stadium. Largely out of sight of the cameras.

The section is actually well played by the FO IMHO. There is a large concrete wall to the one side of the section, and if everyone is singing, you can hear the sound bouncing off the wall and down to the pitch making us sound lounder, which then gets the home team going. Works well for an away supporter section.

TFCwestcan
02-27-2014, 08:51 PM
The section is actually well played by the FO IMHO. There is a large concrete wall to the one side of the section, and if everyone is singing, you can hear the sound bouncing off the wall and down to the pitch making us sound lounder, which then gets the home team going. Works well for an away supporter section.

For some reason this comment gave me the shivers...almost two weeks.

Yes the section is not bad, seems to me there was a beer stand just up the stairs.

powerguo
02-28-2014, 04:32 PM
Sweet! Saw this thread and immediately signed up for an account!

Transplanted Torontonian here in Seattle, and I would love to support TFC together with you guys. Are there still tickets left or did we hit 50 already?

TorontoGooner
02-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Sweet! Saw this thread and immediately signed up for an account!

Transplanted Torontonian here in Seattle, and I would love to support TFC together with you guys. Are there still tickets left or did we hit 50 already?

Speak to KidA, I believe there may still be tickets left

powerguo
02-28-2014, 06:44 PM
Speak to KidA, I believe there may still be tickets left

Sweet, thanks! Just sent him a PM. Hopefully there are still tickets left!

Yohan
02-28-2014, 06:53 PM
Seattle FO (and all MLS teams) are mandated to hold 100 tix available for away supporter till 2 weeks before match date. so you still have couple of days.
I suggest calling Sounders box office tomorrow

KidA
03-03-2014, 12:13 PM
Just a reminder that today is the last day for ticket purchases!!!!

LFC8
03-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Can't wait for this game!!! This is probably the toughest game of the season too. Seattle is 45-16-20 in their short history at home and i'd say they're one of the top contenders for the cup this year. Should be a fantastic game.

ChrisFizik
03-03-2014, 09:39 PM
gosh that doesn't make me feel so good, but there is no shortage of anticipation/anxiousness anyways!

finally ironed out hotel for the weekend -- debated back and forth, goin with the Warwick Hotel in Belltown....a bit out there, but should be just fine..... :)
Some deals about, just gotta weigh what you want as far as amenities/location etc... I feel like the way downtown is laid out they screw you on things like parking regardless, so whatever

Fort York Redcoat
03-04-2014, 08:16 AM
gosh that doesn't make me feel so good, but there is no shortage of anticipation/anxiousness anyways!

finally ironed out hotel for the weekend -- debated back and forth, goin with the Warwick Hotel in Belltown....a bit out there, but should be just fine..... :)
Some deals about, just gotta weigh what you want as far as amenities/location etc... I feel like the way downtown is laid out they screw you on things like parking regardless, so whatever

We need to meet up this weekend. I got the road banner and a couple flags. You'll need the duct tape and poles. I'd ask someone in here to pick up the PVC piping for you pregame if you don't have time. Not that expensive. The ones we use are 12ft I think. I'll chack with Jay.

E11evenTFC
03-04-2014, 02:59 PM
Got my 2 tix. Pumped for this! Coming down Friday night from Van and staying with the other tfc Seattle local. Any help needed for banners/flags in Vancouver?

Red CB Toronto
03-04-2014, 03:06 PM
Kid A, did you hear back from the Sounders FO on what the final count was for away tickets? Thanks for doing this for all the people out west.

KidA
03-04-2014, 03:33 PM
Kid A, did you hear back from the Sounders FO on what the final count was for away tickets? Thanks for doing this for all the people out west.

I haven't heard back but I'll be sending them an email to confirm things went smoothly. According to my count we hit 45 tickets. I'll always try to organize as much as I can for the people out this way. Long story short... SSH from day 1, Toronto till I die.

TFCwestcan
03-07-2014, 12:37 AM
Almost a week...any consensus to the pre-match pubs and post match pubs. There is a rally call for breakfast at Fado's, and then...

Mr_gamble
03-07-2014, 01:11 AM
Yeah, its probably a good idea to start sorting this. Essential part of the trip! :D. This time next week, ill be getting ready to head to the airport. So much excitement! :D

Mr_gamble
03-07-2014, 01:24 AM
Also just checked the weather forecast for the weekend. Good news for us travelling from Toronto (and anywhere else that's suffering this never ending winter), its going to be ABOVE 0. MAYBE EVEN ABOVE 10. Pack your shorts and T-shirts guys. Woo!

ndtoronto
03-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Along the lines of the pre and post game pubs, Can anyone recommend things to do in Seattle as a tourist. I've never been. Planning a trip to the Zoo and Pike Place Market. After that I'm guessing. I am getting there on Wednesday

EastYork
03-07-2014, 12:11 PM
When we went a couple of seasons ago, we visited the space needle, took the Seattle underground tour, paid respect to Bruce Lee at his tomb and also grabbed a coffee at the first Starbucks which is located near Pike Market.

Dunkers
03-07-2014, 02:26 PM
Along the lines of the pre and post game pubs, Can anyone recommend things to do in Seattle as a tourist. I've never been. Planning a trip to the Zoo and Pike Place Market. After that I'm guessing. I am getting there on Wednesday

Wednesday....grab a pint in Portland!

KidA
03-07-2014, 08:00 PM
I believe the consensus was to meet at Pyramid at 11/11:30 for a pint before we head to the field around 12:30/1. Still discussion on where to afterwards but I'm sure that won't be difficult to plan out as well.

MarkInVictoria
03-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Also just checked the weather forecast for the weekend. Good news for us travelling from Toronto (and anywhere else that's suffering this never ending winter), its going to be ABOVE 0. MAYBE EVEN ABOVE 10. Pack your shorts and T-shirts guys. Woo!
Be prepared for just about anything. While it may be sunny and warm, I would plan for some "Seattle sunshine" (i.e., rain). Most likely scenario is we will get a little bit of everything.

MarkInVictoria
03-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Museum of Flight is pretty cool (though a bit out of the way, between SeaTac and downtown). I'd also love to do the Boeing factory tour someday (even further away in Everett).

KidA
03-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Update:

I will be having a phone meeting with the Sounders FO tomorrow and wanted to see if anyone here had any questions we wanted to address before Saturday. Once I hear from them tomorrow I will update the group as to what was discussed.

Thanks everyone!!!

MartinUtd
03-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Update:

I will be having a phone meeting with the Sounders FO tomorrow and wanted to see if anyone here had any questions we wanted to address before Saturday. Once I hear from them tomorrow I will update the group as to what was discussed.

Thanks everyone!!!

Tell them to make sure there's security in your section. Last time I went down there some dumbass would routinely walk down 20 rows to get in our faces and if I hadn't been as sober as I was, it could have gotten ugly. Most of the fans are cool but it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch. Feel free to relay my story, I'd be interested to hear their reaction.

Detroit_TFC
03-10-2014, 03:45 PM
My 2 cents: if they put you in the lower bowl ask them to keep a buffer row or two above the away section. If they put you up way up in the top section there won't be anybody else up there. They might only put big away groups up there though. SKC had a 200-300+ big group on Saturday and they were put up there.

E11evenTFC
03-10-2014, 04:27 PM
Update:

Thanks everyone!!!

Ask them how good the Sounders medical coverage is after we deliver a proper ass whooping Saturday!

Looks like a bunch of EPL games Sat morning at 8am. I'm in for Fado's. Wonder what percentage of our coffees will be bodily fluids?

KidA
03-10-2014, 08:47 PM
So I spoke with Sounders FO today instead of tomorrow since they were keen on talking. I have received a document from them regarding away supporters that include a code of conduct, entry to the game, and banners/flags/streamers details. I will post the link here so that every one may have a chance to read through and ask questions to make it easier for this weekend.

Sounders Supporter Group Plan (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0IjgTPDjGfZYThKZVprbnN0dHc/edit?usp=sharing)

A couple of things that were discussed that are not on the document that was sent to myself. For those that have the banners/flags: we will have to meet at the NE gate at 11:45 so that we may be the first ones into the stadium. This makes it easier for their security team, etc. to process us and allow us to display said banners. We will be at the front of 203 so we can easily place the banner in front of us. Security will be in the row in front of us to make it easy for us to indicate if there are any issues we may have with the crowd around us, etc. All of us DO NOT NEED to be at the NE gate at 11:45/12 for entry to the game. This will be for those that will have the banners, flags, drums, etc. I am willing to go early to the stadium to help set things up if need be.

I have informed the Sounders FO about our concerns regarding security and have also told them that if any questions do come up regarding the document that I will let them know. I know this sounds like a lot to take in but I'm sure that the last thing we want are any issues coming back to tarnish the Red Patch Boys or Toronto FC name. Thanks everyone!!

ChrisFizik
03-10-2014, 09:57 PM
sh*t I was just coming on here to mention what I needed you to bring up with them.

I now have our banner and flags in my possession ready to go. Help from West Coast friend ndtoronto is coming in the form of the poles/pipes.
I just wanted you to let FO know that we would have a few flags with medium/standard sized poles and one railing banner. The flags are plain/TFC/supporter group labled and that's it. The group policy mentions 3ft poles, but ours are longer but not noticable really, I don't want to freak them out be hassled.

I will go early reluctantly to set up, but I hope at least a small group of us if not all can go....march our way there or something. setup is nothing, 5 mins... especially since we will have the flags ready at the pub before...I hope they are lenient. Our merry band is small enough that they shouldn't hassle us much at all.

That's about it I guess

I'm saving my voice up from now to lead those chants k! so someone's gonna have to help with flag duty! hehe

ndtoronto
03-10-2014, 11:08 PM
I went and got the PVC pipes tonight. I got two of them at 8ft lengths in 1/2 inch. They seem pretty flexible but will work for the flags. Are we going to be allowed them?

Let me know where we need them and at what time. I'm staying at the Quality Inn downtown and will likely go for breakfast/pints at the first pub mentioned. Are kids allowed in? I'll be with my wife and 21month old son before the game

If not I can just go somewhere else and meet at the gate at 1145

Mr_gamble
03-10-2014, 11:18 PM
If you guys need a hand setting up banners and stuff, I'll head down at the required time and give a hand. Just let me know :)

KidA
03-11-2014, 10:25 AM
I went and got the PVC pipes tonight. I got two of them at 8ft lengths in 1/2 inch. They seem pretty flexible but will work for the flags. Are we going to be allowed them?

Let me know where we need them and at what time. I'm staying at the Quality Inn downtown and will likely go for breakfast/pints at the first pub mentioned. Are kids allowed in? I'll be with my wife and 21month old son before the game

If not I can just go somewhere else and meet at the gate at 1145

I will send them an email right away and ask about the PVC pipes.

ChrisFizik: I let them know yesterday that we would be bringing a railing banner and some flags. I wasn't sure what size flags but I did tell them I would email them back to inform them the size, etc. to discuss logistics. I have no problem going in a group and marching to the stadium at the time they have asked. I'll help as much as possible from flags to chants. I'm sure with our group of 50 we should be well prepared.

How do the other traveling supporters feel about heading to the stadium for noon to march as a group??

Phil
03-11-2014, 10:33 AM
All you traveling guys are invited for drinks at the Fado with Gorilla FC.

KidA
03-11-2014, 10:52 AM
All you traveling guys are invited for drinks at the Fado with Gorilla FC.

Looks like we need to figure this out ASAP. Would love to have the entire group together in one spot. Plus if people are already at Fado for breakfast it might be better to meet there instead of moving around??

Phil
03-11-2014, 11:02 AM
Looks like we need to figure this out ASAP. Would love to have the entire group together in one spot. Plus if people are already at Fado for breakfast it might be better to meet there instead of moving around??

Tweet them over at @GorillaFC

Seem like a great bunch of people.

Marauder01
03-11-2014, 01:57 PM

Absolutely down for this. I've got a bunch of scarves I'll be bringing for scarf exchange.