PDA

View Full Version : Dichio no longer coach of U-19 team

johnmolinaro
01-02-2014, 10:57 PM
We had Danny Dichio on the Soccer Central Radio show tonight on FAN 590.

Dichio said he will be taking over the some of the younger aged teams this season, including the U-12s - a move he said he wanted and pushed for - and that he won't be looking after the senior academy team in any more. So a new person will be hired to coach the senior academy side.

If you missed the show, the podcast of the radio show will be available Friday morning on sportsnet.ca.

John Molinaro

ensco
01-02-2014, 11:10 PM
I hope this really is in fact something Danny wanted.

Somehow I doubt it.

johnmolinaro
01-02-2014, 11:12 PM
I hope this really is in fact something Danny wanted.

Somehow I doubt it.

You can listen to the interview on Friday and judge for yourself.

John

ensco
01-02-2014, 11:20 PM
You can listen to the interview on Friday and judge for yourself.

John

It can be very hard to tell. Dichio is no hothead, he knows how the game is played.

He must look at Robinson's career track and wonder about the road not travelled.

Red CB Toronto
01-02-2014, 11:37 PM
In an addition to the apparent change for Danny, when I was looking around the MLSE website this evening I found this job posting, which I find interesting. You do not normally see positions listed directly related to the sport listed. With the newly academy director Greg Vanney I thought this would be a position filled through his contacts.

http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=MAPLELEAFSPORTS&cws=1&rid=1987

BuSaPuNk
01-02-2014, 11:40 PM
It can be very hard to tell. Dichio is no hothead, he knows how the game is played.

He must look at Robinson's career track and wonder about the road not travelled.

He's also going through his licensing and it's part of what he has to do for it through the French FA.

He wanted to move down. There is no conspiracy here. It's all about him getting what's right for him and his future as well as the Academy.

johnmolinaro
01-02-2014, 11:51 PM
He's also going through his licensing and it's part of what he has to do for it through the French FA.

He wanted to move down. There is no conspiracy here. It's all about him getting what's right for him and his future as well as the Academy.

Yes, exactly. He talked about the French FA licensing on our show.

This was a move he pushed for and wanted.

John

Richard
01-02-2014, 11:53 PM

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, I need a breather from taking in all of these facts.....

BuSaPuNk
01-03-2014, 12:00 AM

John

Advantages to listening. BTW great job so far on the show John keep up the good work.

I can think it's probably less full time work then coaching the u19s. Between coaching, being on sportsnet and doing his requirements for his liscencing through the French FA he's probably stretched to his max.

This should allow him to juggle all of this as well as having family time too.

ensco
01-03-2014, 12:20 AM
OK. That is good to hear.

Redcoe15
01-03-2014, 01:57 AM
Nothing but the best for Danny D. That's all I want to see.

Jamaicanadian
01-03-2014, 09:45 AM

John

I helped Danny run some training sessions with kids in the past. He'll do very well with this age group. He's got the proper demeanour, experience and drive to learn about coaching. ideally clubs should have their best coaches at the younger age groups. iMHO. Respect for sharing John. Gonna check out the podcast!

johnmolinaro
01-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Listen to the audio of last night's show by clicking here (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/soccer-central-radio-big-year-for-herdman/)

burlington Red
01-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Dichio made a good point re TFC possibly getting affiliated with a USL team to send players with talent from u19's that aren't quite ready for MLS but still need to be playing in a competitive environment

Sullivan
01-03-2014, 09:33 PM
ideally clubs should have their best coaches at the younger age groups.

This!

u10 - u12, most important / crucial period to teach technical skills.
It's why Euro & S.American clubs invest so much in their youth programs
The last thing you want is the volunteer coach passing along his bad habits and failing to provide key elements of the game to players
in their golden years of learning.

Here in Ontario (Canada wide) you get dad coaching his kid all the way through.
Not many clubs have designated age group coaches that enable players to spend 2 years with a coach at u10 & u11, then move on
to another coach for u12 & u13. Our clubs mess it up by keeping same guy at u10 through to u16 or until the parents revolt and a
change is made.

Good move by DD and the academy.

prizby
01-04-2014, 04:44 PM
i thought one of the more interesting things Dichio said was the level and quality of education (academics) here in Canada is far superior than what one gets in England