PDA

View Full Version : Today's News, Sat 28 Dec, 2013

Yohan
12-28-2013, 11:35 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/tv-shows/soccer-am/news/9091455/steven-caldwell-says-major-league-soccer-is-improving-all-the-time
-Caldwell on MLS and TFC

Stress
12-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Good find. Interesting his comment around 5:30 about "focus on the next stage(?)....get players for Toronto". How long until the both Caldwell brothers are our CB's lol?

BuSaPuNk
12-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Good interview by our captain with a nice tip of the hat to us. More exposure for our team anywhere is always good. Think he did a great job.

mowe
12-28-2013, 01:21 PM
I like how he already has his UEFA B license so he's ready to transition into his post-playing career. Unlike someone else we know...

Yohan
12-28-2013, 01:32 PM
I like how he already has his UEFA B license so he's ready to transition into his post-playing career. Unlike someone else we know...
he can easily take Robbo's approach and get himself a job as a manager for an MLS team, if he finishes his coaching badges. UEFA Pro license is highly rated in NA, and combine that with playing career in MLS, couple of years as an assistant, his pedigree as a player, and tendency of MLS teams to give Brits more chance, he can get a chance as a manager in MLS. He'll tick all the boxes

SoccMan2
12-28-2013, 04:55 PM
I'm happy for Caldwell and wish him all the best if he chooses a coaching career after he is done, but what would make me more happier as a Canadian soccer fan would be to see an increase of Canadian soccer coaches in the MLS, being someone who has been involved in the local soccer scene for many years now, I see a number of very talented young coaches right here in the GTA coaching at different levels be it the youth, college university and other levels that I hope one day will have the desire and will be given a chance to take a shot at the MLS level, it would be nice to see. Not all great coaches were high level pro players some of the best coaches in many sports never even played the game at the highest level.

Tadhg
12-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Good find. Interesting his comment around 5:30 about "focus on the next stage(?)....get players for Toronto". How long until the both Caldwell brothers are our CB's lol?

What he actually said was, "focus on the next stage....get to play-offs for Toronto". Might be the accent.