PDA

View Full Version : Impact doing away with Season Tickets??

Mark in Ottawa
12-22-2013, 07:41 PM
From this
http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/noel_butler/?id=439486

Legendre is the architect and driving force behind the clubs' decision to do away with the season ticket model and go with the more widely embracing club member scheme.

Fittingly the evening also included the introduction of the Impact's brand new 15 person member council. This football collective will meet four times a season and liaise directly with senior club personnel on matters of vital importance for those most meaningful for any FC, its supporters.

No season tickets?? Anyone have any idea what they are talking about here?

Oldtimer
12-23-2013, 09:26 AM
From this

Legendre is the architect and driving force behind the clubs' decision to do away with the season ticket model and go with the more widely embracing club member scheme.

Fittingly the evening also included the introduction of the Impact's brand new 15 person member council. This football collective will meet four times a season and liaise directly with senior club personnel on matters of vital importance for those most meaningful for any FC, its supporters.

I think that means you get a card with a photo ID that gets scanned for entry. This prevents resale of tickets.

Suds
12-23-2013, 10:12 AM
From this

Lots of clubs have models where supporters or other fans can buy into a pool of available tickets but are not required to buy an entire season. I've seen loyalty point programs where those club members with a certain level of loyalty point get first shot at the tickets available. The higher the points you have the better shot you have at the bigger games. This encourages those who maybe have not bought many tickets to buy for the weeknight games or games against smaller clubs. This earns you points so when the big club comes to town you're at the front of the line to grab tickets to that game.

JayMolly
12-23-2013, 10:17 AM
I think that means you get a card with a photo ID that gets scanned for entry. This prevents resale of tickets.

If that is the case, we are in favour of this suggestion.

cmonyoureds
12-23-2013, 12:35 PM
I would be totally in favour of this idea. Sadly, it would never work in Toronto as the secondary market controls a lot of the sporting entertainment in this city. I can't see this club giving up it's attendance "sellouts".

Yagbod
12-23-2013, 02:42 PM

They do this at Liverpool and it scared the living shit out of me. I flew all the way over there just hoping that the seats were transferred to my LFC membership card. First thing I did when I landed was go to Anfield to check the cards at the ticket window.

That being said, anything that screws the scalpers I am in favor of. Unfortunately, it also means that it will be a pain to sell extra tickets to friends if my wife can't make a game. The other screwy thing about it is that you do not have any stub to show security if someone claims you are in their seat and vice versa. (could be a good thing)

In conclusion, it is a mixed bag.

Globetrotter
12-23-2013, 02:59 PM
^it could be unassigned seating, or they have scanners that read your card that says you have Seat X Row X Section X. You don't need a hard ticket for that. The scanner can see where you're suppose to be.

Mark in Ottawa
12-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Lots of clubs have models where supporters or other fans can buy into a pool of available tickets but are not required to buy an entire season. I've seen loyalty point programs where those club members with a certain level of loyalty point get first shot at the tickets available. The higher the points you have the better shot you have at the bigger games. This encourages those who maybe have not bought many tickets to buy for the weeknight games or games against smaller clubs. This earns you points so when the big club comes to town you're at the front of the line to grab tickets to that game.
I like this idea of a supporters "pool" where they get first crack at tickets. I wonder how many points you get for being a 75MB and travelling to home games?? ;)

As you all know I hate the "resellers" market where tickets get resold for more than face value.

cmonyoureds
12-24-2013, 10:53 AM
I like this idea of a supporters "pool" where they get first crack at tickets. I wonder how many points you get for being a 75MB and travelling to home games?? ;)

As you all know I hate the "resellers" market where tickets get resold for more than face value.

That supporter's "pool" thing has some merit.
I'm only 70 miles away, so I don't quite qualify as a 75 MB, but tix available with other supporters for the days we can travel in would be a dream.

Figuring out how to run that pool scheme, however, would be near impossible. Imagine the debate!!!