PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Season Tickets

Pages : [1] 2

flamehawk
12-17-2013, 09:56 PM
Well, instead of constantly bringing the transfers thread off topic, and seeing as others appeared to also have questions, figured I'd start a thread on season tickets.

As stated, I never had them despite following the club from year 1 but am interested in getting them for the coming year after some renewed optimism (though perhaps still too early to say). Anyways, reserved my first ticket today (though panicked a couple hours later after noticing I had picked a seat in the dark grey section, thinking it was medium grey ... I am really hoping this reservation was not commitment to pay).

Ideally, I'd like to get tickets in one of the standing sections, but that's nearly impossible given priority/those sections being sold out. I'll probably end up in section 221. I've never sat up there .. any comments on what it's like?

Another option is in the North End .. would that be a better option?

I was thinking that while the north end might have slightly better chances of having a more rowdy crowd, the chance might be so slim that it's not worth sacrificing the sight line from one of the east/west sections.

Also, curious as to what benefits STH possess/what comes with the ST package.

Thanks

Pint
12-17-2013, 10:05 PM
I was in the 200's for a few years before moving to 127... pretty decent view of the field but not really the atmosphere that you are looking for.

Benefits.. you get a discount card, SSH scarf, and maybe a couple other small things in the SSH package.

jazzy
12-17-2013, 10:14 PM
North end has very good sight lines due to it's steeper seating......but mid-expensive....I don't believe you can stand either..

MightyDM
12-17-2013, 10:21 PM
I am in the 220's. The views are awesome and good fans, but since about 2009 or 2010 not nearly as loud as they once were. If you can't get the yellows, I'd say it's a good choice.

Stress
12-17-2013, 10:25 PM
I had seats in 219 for the last two seasons and only actually sat there maybe 3-4 games. Just bought the cheapest seats knowing I could likely sit in many different sections each game. I'd often sit in the north end. I like the sight line and the cup holders are a nice bonus. It might get busier again which might make it more difficult to occupy other seats but I'd definitely consider it if you're on a tight budget.

flamehawk
12-17-2013, 10:35 PM
I had seats in 219 for the last two seasons and only actually sat there maybe 3-4 games. Just bought the cheapest seats knowing I could likely sit in many different sections each game. I'd often sit in the north end. I like the sight line and the cup holders are a nice bonus. It might get busier again which might make it more difficult to occupy other seats but I'd definitely consider it if you're on a tight budget.

I will probably be doing this. Especially since I am just getting a single season ticket, and will likely move over to wherever friends might end up on single tickets.

That said, I actually do hope that the ship is righted, and we get back to season 1 capacity crowds. In which case I'd be stuck at 221 but atleast I'd be happy to have a ticket.

BuSaPuNk
12-17-2013, 10:58 PM
Nice thread. After years of waiting I finally pulled the trigger on some mid greys in 110. Price was my biggest factor. I don't care where the seats were I'm always going to be in the south anyways.

Areathrasher
12-17-2013, 11:03 PM
I pulled the trigger myself too.

Took a medium grey in 220.

flamehawk
12-17-2013, 11:15 PM
Do folks think if I made a second reservation to correct the mistake of getting dark greys by accident, they could put me on the hook for both?

Pint
12-17-2013, 11:16 PM
Do folks think if I made a second reservation to correct the mistake of getting dark greys by accident, they could put me on the hook for both?

Call and explain the mistake and try to move to the section your want or the cheapest seats available (if you are just going to move to the south every game)

ag futbol
12-17-2013, 11:26 PM
Things looks promising, but they have to deliver first. This club has already written too many cheques that have bounced.

Amazing signings or not, I'm keeping my distance. Wins first, money later.

Klinsmann
12-18-2013, 07:04 AM
I sat in 221 for 1st 2 seasons. (row 10) the view was very good there

BuSaPuNk
12-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Things looks promising, but they have to deliver first. This club has already written too many cheques that have bounced.

Amazing signings or not, I'm keeping my distance. Wins first, money later.

I think there's a lot or people that are doing this. However I think and was backed up by my ticket rep (even though he's towing the party line) that there getting swamped with requests for tickets.

I doubt it but there seems to be a real sence of excitement coming out of the FO.

Cas87
12-18-2013, 09:28 AM
I am a new season seat holder as well (Section 126, row 16).

I basically did the same thing with getting seats in the next price level up from the light greys and supporters (as they were both out), while also getting seats that my Dad can enjoy (he can't stand too long). But I will probably swap my 126s a couple of times to go hang with everyone in 112.

I got the same sense from the FO that they are a little more excited, which may be Gilberto, maybe Defoe, maybe something we just don't know about. But the sense of excitement was clearly evident (more so than just towing the company line).

Ultra & Proud
12-18-2013, 10:13 AM
Wins first, money later.
Band, wagon.

If you support a club then you support when the brass is moving in the right direction and working towards something. For me it's not all "win and I will come". That is such a Toronto attitude (minus the Leafs of course). In the past I could fully comprehend taking a wait and see approach as it was the same clowns behind the scenes with the same promises delivering the same shit. Now it's remarkably different in all aspects and for the first time since Winter was announced as manager, I have some hope that we may win a few matches and at least be in the playoff talk come September and after these past few seasons, that's enough for me. Also, it looks like we may actually score a few goals and maybe win more home matches than lose or draw like the good old days.

Canary10
12-18-2013, 10:13 AM
Are we supposed to do anything with the season seats we have now? I got an email about confirming them, but when I follow the link it's not really clear what, if anything, I'm supposed to do.

Ultra & Proud
12-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Are we supposed to do anything with the season seats we have now? I got an email about confirming them, but when I follow the link it's not really clear what, if anything, I'm supposed to do.
I phoned about that and my rep said we don't have to do anything until January. They really made this whole thing confusing as she said they sent out the wrong Email to current SSHs instead of waiting listers. So as far as Kirsten says, we are all good.

Phil
12-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Yup, we all have to wait until January. Past that members of supporters groups will be given a relocation event for their sections.

Canary10
12-18-2013, 10:32 AM
Thanks. Kirsten better be right or I'll be calling for her to be fired.

Ultra & Proud
12-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks. Kirsten better be right or I'll be calling for her to be fired.
And that's why I name dropped her :coolgleam:

glaze
12-18-2013, 10:40 AM
I think now is the time to pick up additional seats.
Many of us for years had the frustration of getting season seats, from the ransom packs, to the initial introduction of the north end (which wasn't for season seats the first year it existed I think), half season packs then buying the rest on ticketexchange for face value, etc.
If the team and the crowd rebounds this year, SSH's will still have a priority, which means the scalpers once again will buy up blocks of tickets (someone posted a story about a guy at relocation buying up 14 light greys).
Secondly if you ever officially want to be in a supporters section, you can only relocate into one. So you'll have to endure a season elsewhere in the stadium, why not this year while the opportunity is there?
And as others have mentioned, your ticket merely is a discounted (compared to face value), way of getting in the door. I average about 1 game in my actual seats, usually opening day, when it is "100 per cent sold out"

That said, my perspective comes from someone who wants to be at the games, who enjoys the experience and thinks it is a good value for a day out with friends. If someone was clearly going based on on-field product, I would understand their hesitations of buying in this year.

I also think that while the price is right for light greys, MLSE could offer much more "value added" for SSH's. But then again, how much do you expect for 225 bucks?

BuSaPuNk
12-18-2013, 12:49 PM
Yup, we all have to wait until January. Past that members of supporters groups will be given a relocation event for their sections.

Relocation open to new SSH holders as well or only existing going into this season?

Pint
12-18-2013, 12:55 PM
It probably would be open to new SSH but you would need to check the members only section for how RPB are handling it.

Canary10
12-18-2013, 01:29 PM
And that's why I name dropped her :coolgleam:

Ha ha, she'll be right up there with Paul Beirne and Earl Cochrane.

BuSaPuNk
12-18-2013, 02:38 PM
I'm probably would be open to new SSH but you would need to check the members only section for how RPB are handling it.

Not nessisarly. It's been a screwy off season with renewals and such. Pretty sure the details won't be worked out until Januaryish.

flamehawk
12-18-2013, 02:56 PM
Officially moved over to 121. Also interesting is that they will be offering some type of deferred payment plan for the first four months. Details will be coming out soon, but something about making monthly payments.

Ultra & Proud
12-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Ha ha, she'll be right up there with Paul Beirne and Earl Cochrane.

And whoever that woman from TFC was who tweeted the welcome aboard tweet to Forlan.

Really, we should be sending her a gift basket.

Phil
12-18-2013, 03:02 PM
Relocation open to new SSH holders as well or only existing going into this season?

New ones too I believe. Still subject to the rules they apply (inception)

Phil
12-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Officially moved over to 121. Also interesting is that they will be offering some type of deferred payment plan for the first four months. Details will be coming out soon, but something about making monthly payments.

Thats been typical of the last couple of years for payments. Normally it started in October and they gave a month off for December.

OgtheDim
12-18-2013, 08:34 PM
I sat in 221 for 1st 2 seasons. (row 10) the view was very good there

Good to know...I've gone for Row 8.

ag futbol
12-19-2013, 12:28 AM
Band, wagon.

If you support a club then you support when the brass is moving in the right direction and working towards something. For me it's not all "win and I will come". That is such a Toronto attitude (minus the Leafs of course). In the past I could fully comprehend taking a wait and see approach as it was the same clowns behind the scenes with the same promises delivering the same shit. Now it's remarkably different in all aspects and for the first time since Winter was announced as manager, I have some hope that we may win a few matches and at least be in the playoff talk come September and after these past few seasons, that's enough for me. Also, it looks like we may actually score a few goals and maybe win more home matches than lose or draw like the good old days.
Well if you want to term it that way, you are every bit a sheep as I would be a band wagon fan.

But drop the hyperbole for a minute. Taking a wait-and-see approach after all this time hardly qualifies someone as bandwagon. It's not like they've treated the fans very well along the way either.

I'm not going to begrudge anyone who wants to buy seasons, but I'm not going to take that approach.

flatpicker
01-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Pardon my confusion, but am I supposed to renew my tickets now? I've gotten behind on my emails and just noticed this recent email from TFC:

This is a final reminder that the Early Bird window to reserve 2014 Season Tickets at the 2013 rates closes this Sunday, January 5th at 11:59 PM. With over 90% of season seats already reserved, this is your chance to secure your spot at BMO Field before the preseason rush!

So, if I don't renew by Sunday I will have to pay more for my tickets?

Yagbod
01-03-2014, 04:44 PM
Pardon my confusion, but am I supposed to renew my tickets now? I've gotten behind on my emails and just noticed this recent email from TFC:

This is a final reminder that the Early Bird window to reserve 2014 Season Tickets at the 2013 rates closes this Sunday, January 5th at 11:59 PM. With over 90% of season seats already reserved, this is your chance to secure your spot at BMO Field before the preseason rush!

So, if I don't renew by Sunday I will have to pay more for my tickets?

That would be for additional tickets. There has been no communication on paying for renewals yet.

flatpicker
01-03-2014, 04:46 PM
^ Thanks... They need to work on the wording.

Pookie
01-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Ideally, I'd like to get tickets in one of the standing sections, but that's nearly impossible given priority/those sections being sold out. I'll probably end up in section 221. I've never sat up there .. any comments on what it's like?

Another option is in the North End .. would that be a better option?

I was thinking that while the north end might have slightly better chances of having a more rowdy crowd, the chance might be so slim that it's not worth sacrificing the sight line from one of the east/west sections.

Also, curious as to what benefits STH possess/what comes with the ST package.

Thanks

We've moved around a lot so to answer your question (with opinion)

I love the 200's for the vantage point. If you are tactical and like to see plays develop, it is a great place to view the game. That said, the bugs can get pretty bad in the spring. Getting out of the stadium or using the washrooms at half time is about as difficult as it can get.

South end, great for everything but the farther you get from 112-113 the quieter it gets. Obviously, probably some of the poorest sight lines when the Reds are shooting on the north end goal. Depth perception plays with your emotions... assuming we get a shot on goal.

110 - probably one of my favourite locations. Good sight lines and noisier. Washroom lines aren't as bad and easy in and easy out of the stadium

North end. The sloped seating makes for an interesting viewing angle. I didn't find the "depth perception" as bad. Cup holders rock. Easy in and easy out but wrenching your neck to get a view of a replay leaves a lot to be desired. Unless you are looking for noise from the visitor's section, this isn't the place.

Mid-field. Great for all kinds of things including emptying your bank account.

As for benefits, I'm struggling to find any that are valuable enough to make me want to renew. Basically you buy because you want to go to every game and want to pay a bulk discounted price to do so. We were stuck with many pairs for games we couldn't get to and couldn't even give away (for free no less).

In the past benefits included merchandise discounts and access to the ticket exchange where you can list your tickets for games you can't get to and watch them go unsold. You can also buy tickets from the exchange but you can also do that here too. Usually also includes something like a scarf. I believe if you renew using your BMO card, you get a jersey. At least that was the promo last year.

If the 2014 package includes free bonus games, like LA does, there might be some value in that as they have included playoff tickets in their bonus games in the past.

Either or, I'm donating my pair back to the MLSE pile to be flogged to the waiting list.

Gilberto9
01-04-2014, 09:59 AM
So you can get into the south end with season tickets from, let's say.. the north end? I've only ever sat in 113 when I had tickets from other sections in the south end... I thought those security guys like to check tickets

Cas87
01-04-2014, 06:13 PM
Does anyone know when the payments for seats this year are to begin?

tiberius
01-04-2014, 11:28 PM
Well, instead of constantly bringing the transfers thread off topic, and seeing as others appeared to also have questions, figured I'd start a thread on season tickets....

...Also, curious as to what benefits STH possess/what comes with the ST package.

Thanks

One used to have the benefit of recycling tickets that you could not use. With all this talk of 30K-40K expansions YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO GET RID OF A TICKET - EVER. A bulk purchase for the supporters end, where you will always use the ticket is the only rationale I see for Season tickets - mostly, seasons are just good money after bad... oh plus a scarf - hopefully not real white scarf... that's cruel...

to quote a yorkie...

"Just one heads up Mr. Leiweke, no amount of Jermain Defoseses will ever cover up CFL markings on a ruined BMO Field pitch. We will leave. Many others will too. You will patronize with words about "not declaring war" on TFC supporters but it is just words because if you think we are so incredibly stupid to believe an expansion costing more than the stadium itself is for our benefit... we must not have your respect."

Please - no one get crushed at the exits.... Leiweke does OK on the team moves then fucks it up royally on the stadium - what a hoser - take off eh?

90% renewal my ass - they are blowing smoke up everyone's ass! After the season 7 assfart? I don't think so... The new MLSE guys must be located in Colorado, where the reality is a bit skewed...

glaze
01-05-2014, 12:15 AM
I still think if you can get into light grey seasons are good value. With a scarf and jersey (if using the bmo tfc mastercard), at 230 bucks you're looking at the range of 10 dollars a game. I bought a lot of secondary tickets for people last season, and usually it was in the 15-20 range. That was with a last place team, and a lot of poor weather. Still, if you wanted the opener, or the first NYRB visit, it was near impossible.
The new players will make a difference, a few early wins will too.
I find a lot of added value to being an SSH. True the club could do much more, but looking forward tot he arrival of the package each spring, looking forward to all of the games, etc, far outweighs the couple games where I have had to burn seats.
That said if you only want to hit 6 games a year I guess it makes no sense.

TFC07
01-05-2014, 12:36 AM
Does anyone know when the payments for seats this year are to begin?

I am sure we will get an email after next press conference to renewal our tickets.

Yagbod
01-05-2014, 01:38 AM
So you can get into the south end with season tickets from, let's say.. the north end? I've only ever sat in 113 when I had tickets from other sections in the south end... I thought those security guys like to check tickets

Relocating into the south end without being part of a supporters group is pretty hard. You need to be early in the list. You can probably get into it if you are a member of a supporters group via their relocation into 112-114. (On phone, can't tell if you are a paid member if this forums group.)

You don't need a ticket there to watch a game from the south end. Just walk in like you own it and smile to security and you are fine. I spent 4 years there with seats in the east side that I never used.

Gilberto9
01-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Relocating into the south end without being part of a supporters group is pretty hard. You need to be early in the list. You can probably get into it if you are a member of a supporters group via their relocation into 112-114. (On phone, can't tell if you are a paid member if this forums group.)

You don't need a ticket there to watch a game from the south end. Just walk in like you own it and smile to security and you are fine. I spent 4 years there with seats in the east side that I never used.

Meaning, with a RPB membership, I would be easily be able to purchase season tickets in the south end? And thanks for the info about getting into the south end. I think that's what I might do in terms of season tickets, buy in another section, but come to support in the south end.

Pint
01-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Meaning, with a RPB membership, I would be easily be able to purchase season tickets in the south end? And thanks for the info about getting into the south end. I think that's what I might do in terms of season tickets, buy in another section, but come to support in the south end.

No guarantee because they have to work with how many tickets are available as well as how many people want to move into the section who have been SSH longer than you (that's generally how the FO allocates order). They won't check your ticket unless you show it to them but having said that if/when the team is good again and we are selling out idk if they would start to check tickets at that point.

Basically buy the cheapest tickets you can and then try and move in to the section, if thats not possible then just go to the south on game day.

Gilberto9
01-05-2014, 03:23 PM
No guarantee because they have to work with how many tickets are available as well as how many people want to move into the section who have been SSH longer than you (that's generally how the FO allocates order). They won't check your ticket unless you show it to them but having said that if/when the team is good again and we are selling out idk if they would start to check tickets at that point.

Basically buy the cheapest tickets you can and then try and move in to the section, if thats not possible then just go to the south on game day.

What do you mean by that? Also, it is a good thing to consider if the team is good again, as more casual fans will be attending games and they may possibly not aware of the general admission method of seating supporters try to use. I've always purchased seats in 114 and 115 if I couldn't get tickets in 112 or 113, and then I moved to those sections.

Pint
01-05-2014, 03:53 PM
What do you mean by that? Also, it is a good thing to consider if the team is good again, as more casual fans will be attending games and they may possibly not aware of the general admission method of seating supporters try to use. I've always purchased seats in 114 and 115 if I couldn't get tickets in 112 or 113, and then I moved to those sections.

Basically if you have a ticket to enter the stadium you just go and find an empty spot to stand in the south instead of going to your actual seats.

jvanpeebles
01-05-2014, 09:37 PM
New ones too I believe. Still subject to the rules they apply (inception)

I hope this is not the case as I have been on the waiting list since season 2 and trying to get in to section 110. Never recieved any callls or emails for seasons tickets yet. Did I miss something here?

BuSaPuNk
01-05-2014, 09:53 PM
I hope this is not the case as I have been on the waiting list since season 2 and trying to get in to section 110. Never recieved any callls or emails for seasons tickets yet. Did I miss something here?

Pretty sure there was availability last year they couldn't sell them. That's what I got in December when I called. It's left over from last year they couldn't sell. Funny enough I got 2 in 110. Hopefully I'm relocating them so there should be availability.

Ivy
01-05-2014, 11:54 PM
REALLY???
Sorry to tell you bud, but 110 seats have been available for a while...

OgtheDim
01-06-2014, 07:11 AM

Check your spam. Those of us on the waiting list (which doesn't really exist) got emails back in December.

Gilberto9
01-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Basically if you have a ticket to enter the stadium you just go and find an empty spot to stand in the south instead of going to your actual seats.

Tickets in the light greys are sold out. A step up is too pricey up in the $500 range compared to $285 or something along the lines of that in the south end. I guess I'll be purchasing tickets from other supporters for another season.

CommradePolski
01-06-2014, 06:10 PM
We are supposed to be getting renewal info this week. I got an email, unrelated to renewals, but she did mention that we will be getting info this week.

nascarguy
01-06-2014, 09:48 PM
good I want to get paying for the tickets I ask my new rep in dec when it would start but he did not know

Joe Kool
01-06-2014, 10:58 PM
good I want to get paying for the tickets I ask my new rep in dec when it would start but he did not know

I am the opposite. I would like to drag out my payments as much as possible to recover better from Christmas. To each his own.

nascarguy
01-07-2014, 08:44 AM
I am the opposite. I would like to drag out my payments as much as possible to recover better from Christmas. To each his own.if I do not hear from them this week they will have to wait in till next month for there 1st payment. All I want is the free jersey

Mark in Ottawa
01-07-2014, 10:37 AM
I received multiple versions of the "hurry and buy seasons now ... they are 90% sold" e-mail.
I just assumed it was because of my past history as one of the "Ransom Pack" gang.

Even if I were interested in a partial pack, which I am not at this point, or single game tickets ...
it is hard to plan day trips to BMO when the home schedule shows no kickoff times.

Auzzy
01-07-2014, 02:11 PM
Bam, I just got the renewal email. "Your Renewal Opportunity Has Arrived." Signed from Bez.

I'm sure they wanted the Dafoe deal done first...

The renewal price for your 2014 season seats will be held flat as to what you paid last season.
You will receive a pair of complimentary lower bowl tickets to a 2014 Toronto Raptors game for renewing by the early renewal deadline of Friday, January 17, 2014.
The package will include 19 matches in 2014 (17 MLS Regular Season + 2 Amway Canadian Championship)

Auzzy
01-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Renewal website is up: http://tfcseasonseats.ca/RENEW/

Yagbod
01-07-2014, 02:30 PM
I love how due to 'Dynamic Pricing' my refund for the 2013 V's Cup final that we didn't play in amounted to $6.00 per ticket. I guess a cup final isn't a 'premium' game. Fuckers.

I am assuming that is what the $12 credit was for.

Joe Kool
01-07-2014, 02:33 PM
Cool...Raptor tickets again. Alternate jersey for using TFC card. Maybe I should apply for one but doubt it would come in time to make the January 17th deadline.

TFC07
01-07-2014, 02:40 PM
I love how due to 'Dynamic Pricing' my refund for the 2013 V's Cup final that we didn't play in amounted to $6.00 per ticket. I guess a cup final isn't a 'premium' game. Fuckers.

I am assuming that is what the $12 credit was for.

Really? I got full refund for that game.

Yagbod
01-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Really? I got full refund for that game.

Did you get that earlier this year? I.e. refund to credit card? I just assumed the $12 was my credit for that game. I can't figure out what it could be otherwise. My south end tickets only cost $368 for the pair and the invoice clearly says $380 for the tickets.

Carts
01-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Cool...Raptor tickets again.

I'll take & like the Raps ticket offer! Would never pay to go - but enjoyed the night out last year...

Hoping for a Friday night game this year!!!! (PLEASE READ THAT PART MLSE / TICKET REP! lol)

TFC07
01-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Did you get that earlier this year? I.e. refund to credit card? I just assumed the $12 was my credit for that game. I can't figure out what it could be otherwise. My south end tickets only cost $368 for the pair and the invoice clearly says $380 for the tickets.

I saw refund to my credit card bill. Not sure how much it cost for south end for V-cup game.

TFC07
01-07-2014, 02:54 PM
I'll take & like the Raps ticket offer! Would never pay to go - but enjoyed the night out last year...

Hoping for a Friday night game this year!!!! (PLEASE READ THAT PART MLSE / TICKET REP! lol)

Or you can sell the Raptor tickets especially since Raptors are looking like a playoff team this season.

CommradePolski
01-07-2014, 02:56 PM
They didnt refund to my card, since mine expired, but they did send me a cheque for 20$ (10$ per seat). So I had a shiny MLSE branded cheque haha.

Fort York Redcoat
01-07-2014, 03:19 PM
As per usual I'll be waiting till the last day of renewal.

Early renewal is the 17th. I'm sure I'll get another email or call before the actual deadline.

Renewing now would reward them for moves or good marketing. I don't see the one yet and don't appreciate the other.

Red CB Toronto
01-07-2014, 03:26 PM
Just renewed my pair, looking forward to the 2014 season.

Pint
01-07-2014, 03:28 PM
Has anyone looked at the "New SSH prices" $642 Yellow, $661 Light grey. This just screams incompetence from the people in charge of making the pricing and has me worried that once the price freeze is over we will be back up to those prices.

It's pretty simple to me how to do pricing for TFC as of right now:
Step 1: Maintain SSH base through price freeze and incentives and pray that what they do on the field this season is postiive
Step 2: Try and bring back former SSH. If the record is good to start the season offer them 2nd half tickets at close to the same as current SSH and give them the same benefits of SSH with the seats they pick being their seats moving forward. Next season have another big push to bring people back as rekindling a love is much easier than sparking a new love.
Step 3: expand the brand within the city and make it an event to go to a game, something special and that is done by keeping and improving the atmosphere as much as possible. Raise prices on the premium seats if you want as these should be for the casual fan that wants to go a game or two a season and have fun while watching the atmosphere.

After that have modest increases in ticket price but nothing more than 8-10% a season. Make us pay for playoff tickets to make up for lost revenue(1.5 times the price of a regular season game)

Right now they are trying gouge new SSH to establish a market as justification for a large increase after a season or two of winning football.

At a time when new blood should be encouraged the pricing strategy simply isn't doing so.

Rant over

sidvan
01-07-2014, 03:32 PM
renewed - was going to anyway - sucker for punishment i guess.

Red CB Toronto
01-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Has anyone looked at the "New SSH prices" $642 Yellow, $661 Light grey. This just screams incompetence from the people in charge of making the pricing and has me worried that once the price freeze is over we will be back up to those prices.

It's pretty simple to me how to do pricing for TFC as of right now:
Step 1: Maintain SSH base through price freeze and incentives and pray that what they do on the field this season is postiive
Step 2: Try and bring back former SSH. If the record is good to start the season offer them 2nd half tickets at close to the same as current SSH and give them the same benefits of SSH with the seats they pick being their seats moving forward. Next season have another big push to bring people back as rekindling a love is much easier than sparking a new love.
Step 3: expand the brand within the city and make it an event to go to a game, something special and that is done by keeping and improving the atmosphere as much as possible. Raise prices on the premium seats if you want as these should be for the casual fan that wants to go a game or two a season and have fun while watching the atmosphere.

After that have modest increases in ticket price but nothing more than 8-10% a season. Make us pay for playoff tickets to make up for lost revenue(1.5 times the price of a regular season game)

Right now they are trying gouge new SSH to establish a market as justification for a large increase after a season or two of winning football.

At a time when new blood should be encouraged the pricing strategy simply isn't doing so.

Rant over

Where do you see light grey being $661?

Pint
01-07-2014, 03:35 PM
Where do you see light grey being $661?

unless me eyes are really bad i'm seeing $661 under the "Sold out" sign.... upon looking at the pdf and zooming in a fair ways it may be $331 but that is a hell of a difference between light and medium grey

http://tfcseasonseats.ca/NEW/pricing.html

Red4ever
01-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Disappointed to see that it's one jersey per account. Anyone know if this was the case last year as well? If. hypothetically, I had 4 at midfield with an invoice of $2000+, I would receive the same benefits as a single ticket holder at $190.

I'm assuming the Raptors ticekts promotion applies a per account rather than per ticket as well?

TFC07
01-07-2014, 03:41 PM
unless me eyes are really bad i'm seeing $661 under the "Sold out" sign.... upon looking at the pdf and zooming in a fair ways it may be $331 but that is a hell of a difference between light and medium grey

http://tfcseasonseats.ca/NEW/pricing.html

Probably a typo. I believe it suppose to be $361 for light grey

Pint
01-07-2014, 03:42 PM
Probably a typo. I believe it suppose to be $361 for light grey

That would make more sense

Red CB Toronto
01-07-2014, 03:42 PM
Disappointed to see that it's one jersey per account. Anyone know if this was the case last year as well? If. hypothetically, I had 4 at midfield with an invoice of $2000+, I would receive the same benefits as a single ticket holder at $190.

I'm assuming the Raptors ticekts promotion applies a per account rather than per ticket as well?

Yep, last year was the same, you got one pair of raptors and one jersey per account.

OgtheDim
01-07-2014, 03:44 PM
After a review of best practices around other professional leagues, we are pleased to be launching Dynamic Pricing in 2014, which allows for the price of single match tickets to be determined on the basis of overall demand.
As a valued season seat holder, you will still receive the best package price and overall savings!
Dynamic Pricing will determine the single match ticket selling price, based on factors such as market demand, day of week, opponent, time of year and weather. It is important to note that we will NEVER sell a single match ticket for lower than the season seat holder allocated dollars per match price.
Look for further details to be communicated to you as we get closer to the season.

hmmmm

On another note, when I got my season ticket, I was asked a few times if I was renewing. I stated I had half pack last season. Apparently I passed muster for getting the renewal price. i.e. It paid to be on the "waiting list".

Nice to be able to pay in 5 installments.

billyfly
01-07-2014, 03:56 PM
Got my email. Enjoyed the Raps game as well.

I traded mine for another game after it was decided which one I got.

Joe Kool
01-07-2014, 03:58 PM
Didn't get my email yet....I guess they don't want me back.

Jack
01-07-2014, 04:00 PM
Convenience Package?

Red CB Toronto
01-07-2014, 04:06 PM
How do we pick our Raptor game or is it random?

nascarguy
01-07-2014, 04:10 PM
ok 1st payment done and I did not have to pay any money

OgtheDim
01-07-2014, 04:18 PM
Where is that pricing chart people are looking at?

Pint
01-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Where is that pricing chart people are looking at?

The one i'm talking about is under the "pricing" heading in the new SSH page

CommradePolski
01-07-2014, 04:24 PM
On that pricing chart that was posted, the price is 342 and 361. You can download the pdf and then highlight the values and thats what they are. It is not 642 or 661.

Pookie
01-07-2014, 04:25 PM
Curious:

1. Any former SSHs regret their decision and plan to go back this year?

2. Any 2013 SSHs opting for the opposite and walking away this year?

Pint
01-07-2014, 04:28 PM
On that pricing chart that was posted, the price is 342 and 361. You can download the pdf and then highlight the values and thats what they are. It is not 642 or 661.

Okay thanks.... that makes more sense and is much less of an issue but still a huge jump from light to med grey.

Red CB Toronto
01-07-2014, 04:33 PM
Okay thanks.... that makes more sense and is much less of an issue but still a huge jump from light to med grey.

The jump was always from light grey to medium grey, yellow and lg have always been pretty close in price.

pdogg
01-07-2014, 04:33 PM
Just noticed that if you go into your account manager, there are times assigned to most (if not all) the games.

Joe Kool
01-07-2014, 04:38 PM
How do we pick our Raptor game or is it random?

You have no choice. You are assigned a game and it shows up in Account Manager to print. We had a thread going last year for those who wanted to swap dates with each other. I am sure we will do the same this year.

gdg_9
01-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Just noticed that if you go into your account manager, there are times assigned to most (if not all) the games.

I noticed that too... but I would imagine they are subject to change once the broadcast schedules get worked out.

Pint
01-07-2014, 04:42 PM
anybody want to post those times?

TFC07
01-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Paid my first installment.

Free Raptor game tickets is the reason why I paid now instead of end of the month.:)

TFC07
01-07-2014, 04:45 PM
anybody want to post those times?

First three home games start at 1pm

EDIT: Seems like regular season home games starts at 1pm on Saturdays until June. V-Cup game against Vancouver starts at 8pm which is on Wednesday night.

OgtheDim
01-07-2014, 04:50 PM
The one i'm talking about is under the "pricing" heading in the new SSH page

Thanks. I was slightly confused because although I'm new, apparently, I'm not new. Saved $114 - 1/6th off, all because I bought a half pack last season.

OgtheDim
01-07-2014, 04:53 PM

That first game doesn't match the schedule.

gdg_9
01-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Renewed!

Although now I'm thinking I should have waited until right before the early-bird deadline... the more people who renew before the DP announcement, the less pressure there is to get it done!

Cas87
Yep, last year was the same, you got one pair of raptors and one jersey per account.

I must be blind, where is the 'one jersey per account' line?

Yagbod
Those games don't match the schedule.

Those games have been on the website for a few months now. Montreal at home on March 22nd at 1pm. That's some pretty shaky website management.

Parkdale
01-07-2014, 05:14 PM
wait.... my tickets in 112 at $190 each.

correct me if I'm wrong, but we're they $200 in year one? Are we actually paying less than the first season?

Joe Kool
01-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Renewed!

Although now I'm thinking I should have waited until right before the early-bird deadline... the more people who renew before the DP announcement, the less pressure there is to get it done!

I will be renewing but that's why I am waiting. Want to try to keep up the pressure if at all possible.

Klinsmann
01-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Just renewed mine too, the wife wanted me to take her to a raptors game, so this works out well for me!

Alonso
01-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Thanks. I was slightly confused because although I'm new, apparently, I'm not new. Saved $114 - 1/6th off, all because I bought a half pack last season.

Actually your saving more then 1/3rd not 1/6th...

Light Greys: $361 (New Ticket Holder Cost) - $228 (Day 1 SSH Renewal Rate) = $133 Savings = 37%

bones
01-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Renewed. This is my 1 sport splurge this year. No point in waiting for me. Those that want to wait to teach ML$E a lesson by waiting until the 11th hour can do what they want, but I'll take the free Raps tix and that 3rd jersey for free. Technically not free I suppose... that $380 for 2 tix, missing from my account, would have earned tremendous interest (drips with sarcasm) but I'm sure the extras out weigh my potential interest windfall ;)

Bones...

Ultra & Proud
01-07-2014, 05:59 PM

correct me if I'm wrong, but we're they $200 in year one? Are we actually paying less than the first season?
I was asking the same thing today.

BuSaPuNk
01-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Funny because I called in December about getting seats and got 2 in 110. So I've never had seasons before but are paying the renewal price. Not bad. Atleast this is taking care of there customer base.

Wagner
01-07-2014, 06:09 PM

shhhhhh....

(I think there is one less game, but the per game price is the same)

Wagner
01-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Convenience Package?
Pre-authorize CONCACAF games if they happen.

that's the only difference.
I guess some people don't want to have to log in and opt in.

Cuppy
01-07-2014, 06:30 PM
PIF. Is it March yet ?

gracos
01-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Its a start but in actuality; have they done enough to secure the season ticket holders, it may be because of the past years but I would still be a little hesitant to renew

Bobinhood
01-07-2014, 09:38 PM
Touch and Go. If Dafoe signs then sure, that's all good but if a snag comes about then its only actually incremental improvement, so far. On paper.

Got mine though. Day one. Gotta footie addiction. Cant help myself. MLSE bastards preying on the weak like that.

Plus raptors tickets, raps are hot lately and I had fun at last years free rap game it was cool. The dance pak rocks. Seriously.

kodiakTFC
01-08-2014, 12:09 AM
Renewed my 3 in 113 and 3 in 110. At these prices I don't see why I wouldn't.

flamehawk
01-08-2014, 07:16 AM
Just paid my first instalment. I am so envious of those that are renewing instead of purchasing new ... $570 for medium greys..

Joe Kool
01-08-2014, 08:21 AM
Just paid my first instalment. I am so envious of those that are renewing instead of purchasing new ... $570 for medium greys..

Membership has it's privileges... :) To get my foot in the door 6 years ago I had to pay $1800 or whatever it was for dark grey in the peak of popularity. Does that make you feel any better? It took a few years of paying well over $570 to whittle down to where I am now.

Suds
01-08-2014, 08:58 AM
Its a start but in actuality; have they done enough to secure the season ticket holders, it may be because of the past years but I would still be a little hesitant to renew

I'm renewing so this does not apply to me, however, you're correct in asking if they have done enough.

TL pushed the date out to give time to SSH's to see if TFC are improving the club. If I were one of those people who's decision hinged on the improvement of the club to be the deciding factor I would have to say no - I would not be renewing at this point.

I think the team is slightly better on paper than last year. But we sucked balls last year so being slightly better is not something to get excited about. We win 7 games and we're better than last year. Not exactly compelling stuff.

The early-bird deadline is still a week and a bit away and the final deadline is over three weeks out. Much can happen in that time with respect to player moves. But as of today TFC's moves would not be compelling me to renew if that was the key factor for me. This renewal will be a true test of fan loyalty. I think for many it may be the last kick at the can.

Pookie
01-08-2014, 10:18 AM
I'm renewing so this does not apply to me, however, you're correct in asking if they have done enough.

TL pushed the date out to give time to SSH's to see if TFC are improving the club. If I were one of those people who's decision hinged on the improvement of the club to be the deciding factor I would have to say no - I would not be renewing at this point.

I think the team is slightly better on paper than last year. But we sucked balls last year so being slightly better is not something to get excited about. We win 7 games and we're better than last year. Not exactly compelling stuff.

The early-bird deadline is still a week and a bit away and the final deadline is over three weeks out. Much can happen in that time with respect to player moves. But as of today TFC's moves would not be compelling me to renew if that was the key factor for me. This renewal will be a true test of fan loyalty. I think for many it may be the last kick at the can.

My last kick at the can was last season. Done as of this year.

My own opinion is that the plan is the same plan as it always was.

A bigger factor is that outside of the supporters area pricing, it makes little economic sense. We couldn't give away tickets last year. With a busy family, getting to 19 games is challenging at best. Makes better sense to purchase the games that I can get to, at below market value, than it does to essentially give MLSE free money.

The biggest factor? The trust is gone. They have two tiers of pricing, renewal and new. The "outspending other teams strategy" needs to be funded somehow. I've got this feeling that my seat is going to cost me a lot more a) if they ever make the playoffs and b) once they have a good season or two under their belts. They priced according to supply and demand before, why not again?

Why hold on to something, that I take a loss on, just for the sake of keeping my foot in the door to get fleeced even more down the road? Just an opinion of course, "trust" is subjective.

billyfly
01-08-2014, 10:28 AM
Renewed. Time will tell.

Canary10
01-08-2014, 10:31 AM
I downgraded to cheaper seats during the relocation (from dark grey to medium grey). It's almost half the price, which to me is better approximation of the value I get out of this club and my way of sending a message. I feel much better about that amount being in my account than the dark grey price.

ensco
01-08-2014, 10:32 AM
My last kick at the can was last season. Done as of this year.

My own opinion is that the plan is the same plan as it always was.

A bigger factor is that outside of the supporters area pricing, it makes little economic sense. We couldn't give away tickets last year. With a busy family, getting to 19 games is challenging at best. Makes better sense to purchase the games that I can get to, at below market value, than it does to essentially give MLSE free money.

The biggest factor? The trust is gone. They have two tiers of pricing, renewal and new. The "outspending other teams strategy" needs to be funded somehow. I've got this feeling that my seat is going to cost me a lot more a) if they ever make the playoffs and b) once they have a good season or two under their belts. They priced according to supply and demand before, why not again?

Why hold on to something, that I take a loss on, just for the sake of keeping my foot in the door to get fleeced even more down the road? Just an opinion of course, "trust" is subjective.

I wrote almost the identical post at the end of 2012 when I walked away as an SSH. Your points about pricing, and the "advantages" of being an SSH in a better world, are spot on.

I am prepared to pay scalper's prices in the distant future for important or playoff games. Until that day I will have saved literally thousands of dollars (I spent over $20K in the 6 years I was an SSH).

I like the distance btw. I really felt that I was a partner of the team as a significant SSH, that we were in this together. What a stupid delusion that was. :dupe:

I totally get being an SSH in the yellows, btw. That makes sense. But it's not really what I personally want to do.

prizby
01-08-2014, 10:47 AM

nope, they were $190; we did get $10 back on our credit cards after bombing out in Montreal

cmonyoureds
01-08-2014, 10:48 AM
I think Pookie and Ensco hit the nail on the head with their posts.
While admitting that $190 represents a fantastic value that wouldn't get turned down by 99% of people who support this team, once you get outside the yellows, it's tough to justify.

And Pookie is right, if this team makes the playoffs............oh man..........I'm betting the prices are astronomical. Those tix aren't included in any package I know of. If they have a few good seasons, they'll be playing off the "goodwill" they're allegedly banking with "original pricing" right now.

Make a list of all the things they did wrong with pricing. I bet they re-appear if the team achieves success.

reggie
01-08-2014, 10:56 AM
im in...win or lose...im a true supporter:scarf:

Ivy
01-08-2014, 12:00 PM
I'd be fine with a 5% increase if they make the playoffs comfortably.

flatpicker
01-08-2014, 01:54 PM
Renewed my tickets.

Please let this season be different from the rest.

Relja
01-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Waiting to renew someone else's tickets. Then hopefully next year i can buy my own.

GTA_WOLF
01-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Renewed my 3 seats today. if these rumours are true, I'm picturing scalpers racing down to BMO Field to grab as many seats as they can. The return to glory days?

Carts
01-08-2014, 04:38 PM
I renewed and can't wait...

I absolutely LOVE going to BMO and the TFC matches... It's footy, it's live, it's my hometown, my club, I love it...

Even during the recent dark-days of an empty stadium, poor product & worse results, I still loved going to BMO and enjoying a day out at the pitch - watching the lads out there, having a laugh with you lot, and few pints as well...

Plus, my tix are $465 for the pair - I can & have many times, wasted that much on 2-nights out at the pub/bars/clubs, so I love the value... I went the Leafs/Hawks game in December, a pair were half the price of my pair of TFC SS...

Some will call me "the problem", that MLSE has no desire to improve b/c of people like me who renew & they know I'll renew - but I love going, have a great time, have met some great friends, and the value is excellent, so why would I stop...

Carts...

Pookie
01-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Renewed my 3 seats today. if these rumours are true, I'm picturing scalpers racing down to BMO Field to grab as many seats as they can. The return to glory days?

^ not even close in my view.

Defoe doesn't get back the season seat holders that left for all kinds of reasons. It's not like this is the first time TFC has said they are spending money on players (Koevermans, Frings, Mista).

Granted Defoe is a name that the EPL followers will know, but he isn't Beckham. Not many flocked to see Keane.

The question that will be answered in a few weeks time is that with the cheap seats all spoken for as a result of fans relocating to lower their costs, new ticket holders would have to opt in at these prices (for a pair)

Med Grey - $1,368
North end - $1,408
Dark Grey - $1,900
Red- $2,546

There is no wait list. Interest in the team is very low as evidenced by TV ratings over the years. Who is going to be racing to grab these expensive seats?

OgtheDim
01-08-2014, 04:45 PM
These moves are not about the non-football followers.

I'm thinking TL looked at the Jays last season and thought, "Hmmm, we can reproduce that if we got in 3-4 solid solid All-Star quality players and 2-3 other decent ones."

Did all those new Jay ticket buyers know who all those players were they got last year? Maybe a few, but most just read what others said and followed the crowd.

Pookie
01-08-2014, 04:55 PM
^ I think that baseball followers are more astute than that. Baseball fantasy pools are huge and if you've ever been to spring training, they are loyal and deeply involved in the game.

Just can't see people, outside of Spurs fans, dropping that kind of coin to see Defoe on a regular basis. On a one off game on a sunny day, against Henry? Sure, why not. Sounds fun. 19 games against Chivas, Columbus, etc? Not sure you are going to covert instantly.

OgtheDim
01-08-2014, 05:05 PM
^ I think that baseball followers are more astute than that. Baseball fantasy pools are huge and if you've ever been to spring training, they are loyal and deeply involved in the game.

From what I saw at the Jay games I went to last year, the majority of fans are under 30, knowledgeable but not obsessive.

Which is a good description of the football crowd in this city (well, except that Jays fans are at least 40% female).

Pookie
01-08-2014, 06:23 PM
^ perhaps.

Just don't see the interest at those price points. Of those that are renewing, how many would buy additional seats at those levels?

Yellow and light grey are where the masses want to be.

Anyways, we'll see if the investment(s) pay off.

Gilberto9
01-08-2014, 07:27 PM
On the season tickets purchase stadium map, why are most seats unavailable? There's very few seats and limited sections open. I don't assume tickets are reaching a sell out stage. What's going on?

BuSaPuNk
01-08-2014, 07:31 PM
On the season tickets purchase stadium map, why are most seats unavailable? There's very few seats and limited sections open. I don't assume tickets are reaching a sell out stage. What's going on?

That's pretty much what's been there the whole time. I check it usually everyday to see how it is going. It will be interesting what happens now after Defoe, Dero, Bradley signing.

Gilberto9
01-08-2014, 07:40 PM
That's pretty much what's been there the whole time. I check it usually everyday to see how it is going. It will be interesting what happens now after Defoe, Dero, Bradley signing. So why are the seats unavailable? Are they actually SOLD? I think TFC should strongly push for DeRo's return to lead ticket sales, as BMO was full during his time. The old fans will return + we may see new faces with Defoe and Bradley signings.

OgtheDim
01-08-2014, 07:59 PM
...I think TFC should strongly push for DeRo's return to lead ticket sales,....

Sorry but DeRo is not what this video is about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eE19bxsDWQ&list=UUc1qA_64TEqAX9pnGJOO0Dw& feature=player_detailpage

Gilberto9
01-08-2014, 08:48 PM
I know that. Defoe is the big announcement, but DeRo is a Canadian icon that won the hearts of the casual fans in Toronto. I know a few of those casual fans that are just as excited for DeRo's return, if not more.

Suds
01-08-2014, 09:01 PM

I absolutely LOVE going to BMO and the TFC matches... It's footy, it's live, it's my hometown, my club, I love it...

Even during the recent dark-days of an empty stadium, poor product & worse results, I still loved going to BMO and enjoying a day out at the pitch - watching the lads out there, having a laugh with you lot, and few pints as well...

Plus, my tix are $465 for the pair - I can & have many times, wasted that much on 2-nights out at the pub/bars/clubs, so I love the value... I went the Leafs/Hawks game in December, a pair were half the price of my pair of TFC SS...

Some will call me "the problem", that MLSE has no desire to improve b/c of people like me who renew & they know I'll renew - but I love going, have a great time, have met some great friends, and the value is excellent, so why would I stop...

Carts...

And you get to stand next to Liam and I every game. g:D

:drinking:

tfcleeds
01-08-2014, 09:19 PM

Carts...

Amen! Preach it brother!

BuSaPuNk
01-08-2014, 09:27 PM
So why are the seats unavailable? Are they actually SOLD? I think TFC should strongly push for DeRo's return to lead ticket sales, as BMO was full during his time. The old fans will return + we may see new faces with Defoe and Bradley signings.

Seats unavailable are already sold or not being sold and are being used for partial packs.

CoachGT
01-08-2014, 10:07 PM
Renewed. Not that there was any question. And looking forward to a better season.

denime
01-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Renewed. Not that there was any question. And looking forward to a better season.

Same here!

Cas87
01-09-2014, 02:11 PM

Same here!

First year i actually got in and i am verye xcitied to see how the boys play, because lets face it, we have nowhere else to go but up from where we are.

interested to see what Raptors game is offered too.

i don't think i get a jersey with my order though.

JonO
01-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Still on the fence... should have relocated to cheaper seats :)

tfcmanu
01-09-2014, 02:35 PM
Renewed both seats in 110, I haven't felt this way since the Dichio days.... I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!!!!

Ultra & Proud
01-09-2014, 02:57 PM

Me too but now there is actual hope to go along with my blind enthusiasm. Feels good to have a team ready to start the season for a change and not be waiting to see how we can cab in or borrow to fill out our squad.

jvanpeebles
01-09-2014, 03:03 PM
REALLY???
Sorry to tell you bud, but 110 seats have been available for a while...

I called about this and they said tickets were left over last year. When I called I was told nothing was available. Now I call and they say I don't have an account and am not on any list but can join now. I go back and recover a ton of emails that they sent and all of a sudden they have my account. Buuuut I am still out of luck. They say there is none and will be none in 110 available this year. the entire system is a joke. Been on a list since season 2 and can't get in 110 but people after me have not only gotten there but actualy moved as well. I say if there is in fact a list tell me where I am on it but they can't answer that either. Who can I call to resolve this, any thoughts?

jvanpeebles
01-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Any chance on any seasons in the supporters?

PatrickDermody
01-09-2014, 10:57 PM
Hey guys.

Im looking for 2 seats in 112 or 113. Full season. Anyone have anything floating around? Please let me know. Willing to pay 400 for 2.

Ivy
01-09-2014, 11:05 PM
I called about this and they said tickets were left over last year. When I called I was told nothing was available. Now I call and they say I don't have an account and am not on any list but can join now. I go back and recover a ton of emails that they sent and all of a sudden they have my account. Buuuut I am still out of luck. They say there is none and will be none in 110 available this year. the entire system is a joke. Been on a list since season 2 and can't get in 110 but people after me have not only gotten there but actualy moved as well. I say if there is in fact a list tell me where I am on it but they can't answer that either. Who can I call to resolve this, any thoughts?

The waiting list was done with a few years ago. They sold all 110 seats last month. There are people here who were first time SS buyers, and bought a pair in 110 without the waiting list. Sorry to say, but looks like you got screwed :(

Hey guys.

Im looking for 2 seats in 112 or 113. Full season. Anyone have anything floating around? Please let me know. Willing to pay 400 for 2.
Get in line. I don't think anybody here will sell you their 112 or 113 tickets. I doubt you'll be able to find an entire season in those sections anywhere.

billyfly
01-09-2014, 11:06 PM
Renewed both seats in 110, I haven't felt this way since the Dichio days.... I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!!!!

Ruined by the Bell commercial.

ProfessorDamage
01-09-2014, 11:17 PM
Renewed. These seats are the best sports value in town, and if this is THE year, then they'll truly be great entertainment. Plus a couple years more and my boy will be old enough to go with me. He watches Chelsea with me on TV every Saturday for now, but I can't wait for the day I can show him the stadium.

Here's hoping he doesn't have to see the absolute misery I've endured as a fan of this club... Or maybe it's good for character? :D

Bluenose13
01-09-2014, 11:42 PM

Carts...Well said Carts!

Renewed today, there was never a doubt.

PatrickDermody
01-10-2014, 12:09 AM
Whenever I've sat in 112-113, I've bought my tickets off of StubHub, and just sat there. People I know that sit in 112-113 said I could buy tickets for anywhere in the stadium, but still come to 112-113 and just stand and enjoy the party. Is that true? Could I get 2 season tickets for somewhere else and then just come party with the RPB and U-Sector each game? Please advise.

Bobinhood
01-10-2014, 12:16 AM
Lots of people do that but that's when times are slow, so to speak. If it got back to sold out it might get harder.

Having renewed just before all this news broke, you can count me as pretty freaking happy at the moment. Staring straight into the abyss of an entertaining winning season. This cant be happening. Is this some voodoo or witchcraft? this cant be happening. This doesn't happen.

Putting the glut of late goals against primarily down to a youthful, inexperienced and constantly under pressure midfield/defence, the fact is that we fought quite well last year, esp after the additions of Caldwell and Laba. We didn't get blown out of too many games at all, it was simply the complete and utter lack of any scoring in the team whatsoever that did us in. We had nothing Earnshaw Braun Wiedeman it was like a joke of some kind "ha were gonna spot you the strikers and still beat you." Its tiring and dispiriting when you never look like scoring.

Needless to say, this will no longer be the case. Dike as 3rd striker will be streets ahead of anything we had last year, and a proven Prem striker and a proven Brazil league striker are wet dream territory. This changes everything for this team we will be seriously dangerous on attack. I'm sure Nelsen will gell 'em up from the midfield back as well, sound positioning and willing running the least you'd expect, hard compete tough to score on.

They cant screw their way out of this one....were gonna win football games. That town of hell did freeze over last week, I suppose. Might explain everything.

Should be good.

PatrickDermody
01-10-2014, 12:29 AM
Totally agree..no matter where I'm watching the matches next season...it's gonna be a hell of a season no doubt.

Phil
01-10-2014, 12:37 AM
Just activated the TFC card tonight....cause you know, free jersey.

Relja
01-10-2014, 12:54 AM
Im hoping to renew as the guy who I was supposed to buy my seats from decided to keep his.....now hoping theres something left...

Yohan
01-10-2014, 01:16 AM
hrm. $540 in 126 for one seat. bah!

Pint
01-10-2014, 01:18 AM

126 is bad value since 1 section over is half the price.

Yohan
01-10-2014, 01:22 AM
126 is bad value since 1 section over is half the price.
oh i know. but it was the cheapest ticket available at the time

Pint
01-10-2014, 01:26 AM
oh i know. but it was the cheapest ticket available at the time

well a few more tickets in 126 will be available soon... moves to 127 hopefully

Ricky_Portugal
01-10-2014, 02:41 AM
I'm waiting for payday to put deposit on mine

Ricky_Portugal
01-10-2014, 02:42 AM
Yohan I feel your 126 pain waiting for supporters relocation

Relja
01-10-2014, 08:30 AM
Im taking the plunge today if my ticket rep approves. Going to suck up the 600 cost for season tickets and relocate like mad.

flamehawk
01-10-2014, 08:53 AM

How'd you get them for $540? Aren't they med. grey seats? Mine in 221 cost $570.

Yagbod
01-10-2014, 09:26 AM
I imagine even the supporters relocation is going to be slim this year. Who is not going to renew after all this?

OgtheDim
01-10-2014, 09:46 AM
The uptake on season's this month will be interesting to watch. More importantly, how many people show up to games if we lose a couple in a row.

I also think there will be a window after 2014 where all those seats that are not being offered to SSH's go up for grabs.

Super
01-10-2014, 09:51 AM
It's been a while since this happened, but it will now become difficult to get TFC tickets. Scalpers will rejoice. Tourists will begin to visit the south end again.

Prepare for it! You do NOT want to miss the show this year!

Remember Nelsen saying the league will one day tremble in their boots over TFC? Or something to that effect. Well, they are! It's everywhere online. Consensus is that we're now a Super Club, and basically favourites to win the league. Lots of pressure on us - but fuck it, beats being the shit stain of the league.

Pookie
01-10-2014, 11:20 PM
^ the interesting thing from a business perspective is whether this pays off.

Renewals amongst the supporters sections is a no brainer. Renewals in light greys, sure.

Not seeing many in this board suggesting that they are also willing to pick up dark greys or reds to go along with their inexpensive seats.

Logic says many that stuck with the team relocated to cheaper seats. Logic also suggests that those that left have left and aren't going to opt in again at red and dark grey prices. Once bitten twice shy so to speak.

The big question for MLSE is whether their are new season ticket holders out there motivated enough by Defoe and Bradley to want to opt in for a full season in the $1300 to $2500 range. Many fans would opt in at $200 but the tickets available aren't at that level.

Over the long term, if they can't recover the high ticket prices will they continue this spending experiment?

Will be a very interesting business case to watch unfold... from afar.

T-boy
01-10-2014, 11:57 PM
I'm not sure they will sell more actual season tickets this season - but if we end up winning a few games early on and looking like a contender, then BMO will soon be filled every game. It just takes a couple of wins and some hope for the casual fans and the fairweathers to start coming out.

jvanpeebles
01-12-2014, 12:45 AM
The waiting list was done with a few years ago. They sold all 110 seats last month. There are people here who were first time SS buyers, and bought a pair in 110 without the waiting list. Sorry to say, but looks like you got screwed :(

Get in line. I don't think anybody here will sell you their 112 or 113 tickets. I doubt you'll be able to find an entire season in those sections anywhere.

They told me that only people who got section 110 were people who relocated or added to existing tickets. I did get screwed

Ivy
01-12-2014, 12:59 AM
They told me that only people who got section 110 were people who relocated or added to existing tickets. I did get screwed
They lied. Sorry dude.

pdogg
01-12-2014, 09:26 AM

When did you speak to them? I'm a SSH and received the 'reserve additional seats' e-mail back in early December and light grey was sold out then. So there may have seats in 110, but in the medium grey lower half (twice as expensive). If you called earlier then that, maybe there might have been something available.

Check back to bgnewf's relocation day video, not much available in light greys, even then. The yellows and light greys have been the ones most in demand as everything above is 2-5x more expensive, so the migration to the south and corners happened over the last two seasons as SSHs reduced/left their pricey seats or outright walked away.

Mark in Ottawa
01-12-2014, 12:25 PM

Carts...
That is exactly the point ... is it good value for money that you can afford to spend.
I have always enjoyed my trips to Toronto for TFC games.
True ... often the games weren't so hot but the occasion and camaraderie have always been the best.
The trouble was the cost of the trip which kept me from attending more often.

Here I am in Ottawa getting ready to support futbol in my home town and I can't wait!
That being said I've gotta get organized and get to BMO and visit with my RPB brethren sometime(s) this season!

james
01-12-2014, 05:59 PM
I honestly wasn't going to get season tickets this year ( I have had seasons in 112 for 7 years). Last year after such a brutal start it was hard to make it out to games, i missed a lot of games as i just didn't see the point on buying a train ticket and a beer to watch another brutal performance. But once again I am going to get seasons now that there is still some hope at TFC, for $190 its not a huge lose if the season turns out to be a disaster, and well worth it if the team can play well for the first time ever and finally make the playoffs!!!!

backbeat
01-12-2014, 08:23 PM
Renewed....once again

been there since day 1

for the past few seasons i've debated whether to renew or not...inevitably knowing i had no choice - it was my team, my city, my pitch - i've always wanted that and was there in Varsity for Toronto Metros-Croatia, and LOVED it - Varsity Stadium was a wonderful experience for football

got to admit i am stoked for 2014 with everything that is happening - i would LOVE to see BMO packed once again 30 minutes BEFORE kick-off - Loud & proud....singing the anthem and shouting out the players names....ah to dream...

TFC Cityboy
01-12-2014, 08:29 PM
renewed ours in 115 last week- there was never any question. You'll take me out of there in a pine box.Supporters support, fans blow air.

Red CB Toronto
01-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Not renewing , was never option for me, they will have to carry me out on stretcher out of BMO without a pulse for me not to be there. Toronto til I die.

On a more current note, this week has been dam exciting, looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully a great season.

flatpicker
01-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Not renewing , was never option for me, they will have to carry me out on stretcher out of BMO without a pulse for me not to be there. Toronto til I die.

On a more current note, this week has been dam exciting, looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully a great season.

your post is confusing me, but I think you like going to games.

Red CB Toronto
01-12-2014, 09:53 PM

I meant that not coming was never an option for me, I will be there , for it all.

Phil
01-12-2014, 10:00 PM
renewed ours in 115 last week- there was never any question. You'll take me out of there in a pine box.Supporters support, fans blow air.

Same :) Did it tonight because of the cc transition.

jvanpeebles
01-13-2014, 03:01 AM
All I want is to be in lower 110. Been waiting since season 2 and all I get is a run around from this club. It shouldn't be this hard. Any suggestions on who I can contact? When I called my agent I was told I never had an account. When I provided my account info I magically had one again. When I asked why I stopped recieving emails about seasons they said I must have changed my settings so they never were sent. then I asked where my spot was on the list and they said they couldn't tell me. But one thing was certain I was not on the Gold list anymore and as such would drop. So I am told here that I missed out but TFC is telling me that didn't happen. Do I give up or is there any way to resolve this. I am open to suggestions and hope this is not hijacking this string.

BuSaPuNk
01-13-2014, 08:23 AM
All I want is to be in lower 110. Been waiting since season 2 and all I get is a run around from this club. It shouldn't be this hard. Any suggestions on who I can contact? When I called my agent I was told I never had an account. When I provided my account info I magically had one again. When I asked why I stopped recieving emails about seasons they said I must have changed my settings so they never were sent. then I asked where my spot was on the list and they said they couldn't tell me. But one thing was certain I was not on the Gold list anymore and as such would drop. So I am told here that I missed out but TFC is telling me that didn't happen. Do I give up or is there any way to resolve this. I am open to suggestions and hope this is not hijacking this string.

I feel sorry for you. It pays to be proactive sometimes. I got my 2 in 110 with no actual want to be in 110. Hopefully I can relocate them during our relocation event.

There's nothing available in 110 now your best bet would be to grab a seat anywhere now and hope to relocate it next year. Unfortunatly that's your only option. Or wait until the our relocation goes through and see if there's available seats after.

It's been a weird year for everything with the club pushing everything back to January.

Pookie
01-13-2014, 09:58 AM

I don't think you have any options.

Sadly.

This is what I referred to in my trust post. While "real supporters may support and fans blow hot air" is the sentiment, supporters in the cheap sections also pay about 80% less than those in the reds.

MLSE needs to sell those reds. The next Defoe doesn't come if MLSE doesn't sell those reds. I haven't heard of a single supporter buying an extra pair of reds, despite their devotion to the club.

MLSE will create scarcity in the cheap seats in order to sell their $1300 to $2500 pairs, or so the theory goes. Charging more for the same seat also is in line with their renewal vs new pricing. Setting the "value stage" for the future.

He who once bought Marlies packs knows the economics are true.

Like Beckham was leveraged to sell seasons, you couldn't buy an LA game as a single game, the "sold out" light grey and yellows that coincide with this transfer window (and the marketing to go along with it) are there for a reason.

Canary10
01-13-2014, 10:13 AM

There were quite a few tickets there in my relocation event. In fact, that's where I relocated from 121. But almost everyone in my group wanted tix there, and one guy bought 6, so I doubt there would be any left by the time relocation was completed. Are you a SSH? If not, I can't see getting into that section based on how popular it was. If you are a SSH, were you not given the opportunity to relocate?

gdg_9
01-13-2014, 10:27 AM

Honestly, your best bet is to become a season seat holder first... just try to get the cheapest ones you can.
Once you are a SSH, moving around becomes much easier.

It may take a bit of initiative and reaching out on your part, but it is possible.
I became a full SSH last year for the first time (after having half-seasons in the past).
I was lucky enough to grab 2 single tickets (not a pair) in upper 111 at that time, but with some maneuvering on my part, I was able to change them to a pair in 113 Supporters Section by the time the season started.

Once you are a season ticket holder, reaching out to TFC Account Reps, as well as the different Supporters Groups who control Supporters Sections is much easier done.

Carts
01-13-2014, 12:19 PM

Punctuation, it's like a woman - you need her, but sometimes she can be a BITCH! g:D

pdubs
01-13-2014, 12:25 PM
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 1m (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/422780560952799232) Leiweke tells @_thetorontosun (https://twitter.com/_thetorontosun) season tickets likely sold out by end of week. Capping at 17k. Expects every game to be a sellout. #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash)

flatpicker
01-13-2014, 12:41 PM
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 1m (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/422780560952799232) Leiweke tells @_thetorontosun (https://twitter.com/_thetorontosun) season tickets likely sold out by end of week. Capping at 17k. Expects every game to be a sellout. #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash)

Nice. Seems as though things will look a bit different at BMO this season from the last couple of years.

Pookie
01-13-2014, 01:36 PM

Of course they are. Can't have scarcity without a sell out now can we? Hurry before they are all gone.

For the player's sake I do hope it's true. They deserve a full crowd. Loud is up to us.

Canary10
01-13-2014, 01:42 PM
Of course they are. Can't have scarcity without a sell out now can we? Hurry before they are all gone.

For the player's sake I do hope it's true. They deserve a full crowd. Loud is up to us.

I have no doubt they're selling. People who I couldn't drag to a game last year are asking me if I still have my seasons. They've definitely brought back the buzz. Didn't we still have 17-18,000 season ticket holders even last year too?

Pookie
01-13-2014, 02:00 PM
^ How is this physically possible with days left in the renewal process? Personal example, I am letting mine go and haven't opted out officially. Mine will be available for resale at the end of the window.

He can't sell all the tickets unless renewals were 100%.

Anyways if people are buying $1,400 north end seats like maniacs then wow. I doubt it but it could be true and if true wow. This model of expensive help works to sell tickets. The more expensive the help the higher the tickets. History repeats.

Canary10
01-13-2014, 02:03 PM
^ How is this physically possible with days left in the renewal process? Personal example, I am letting mine go and haven't opted out officially. Mine will be available for resale at the end of the window.

He can't sell all the tickets unless renewals were 100%.

Anyways if people are buying $1,400 north end seats like maniacs then wow. I doubt it but it could be true and if true wow. This model of expensive help works to sell tickets. The more expensive the help the higher the tickets. History repeats.

I had the option to buy more seats in addition to my own. I saw a guy buy 6 on top of his regulars.

Ageroo
01-13-2014, 02:05 PM
I had the option to buy more seats in addition to my own. I saw a guy buy 6 on top of his regulars.

Same here...I already own 4...and I was surprised to see I even had the option to buy more.....I guess they relaxed the max.

Pookie
01-13-2014, 02:07 PM
Point taken. It would be great for the players if true.

flatpicker
01-13-2014, 02:31 PM
Or it could be that scalpers have bought up a bunch more tickets.

Pookie
01-13-2014, 02:47 PM
Or it could be that scalpers have bought up a bunch more tickets.

Scalpers aren't going to buy reds and dark greys though and that is supposedly all that is left.

The real test of the market will be whether those seats sell AND whether folks that have them can sell unused ones during the season to those that are on the outside of a "sold out" stadium looking in.

Action on the official exchange will be telling as will experience as sale attempts are being made. If there is a market to resell expensive seats then TIm L gambled and won. Doesn't bode well for future pricing but that's another story.

If they don't sell or the team loses,well then I don't know where it puts them. Probably on the 14k plan they had 8 years ago.

Fort York Redcoat
01-13-2014, 03:24 PM
Scalpers aren't going to buy reds and dark greys though and that is supposedly all that is left.

The real test of the market will be whether those seats sell AND whether folks that have them can sell unused ones during the season to those that are on the outside of a "sold out" stadium looking in.

Action on the official exchange will be telling as will experience as sale attempts are being made. If there is a market to resell expensive seats then TIm L gambled and won. Doesn't bode well for future pricing but that's another story.

If they don't sell or the team loses,well then I don't know where it puts them. Probably on the 14k plan they had 8 years ago.

This convo is weird. Why are we suddenly taking their word on figures? What's next? Faith in attendance numbers?

MFG1
01-13-2014, 05:46 PM
Hello all,

I just picked up two in the light blues section 131 after giving up in season 5 from 110, dont regret it, looking forward to phase two of the shenanigans!

nfitz
01-13-2014, 05:48 PM

He can't sell all the tickets unless renewals were 100%.The story before Christmas was that the seats that were not renewed, would not be sold as seasons, but would be sold as individual game tickets this year, and then offered for seasons at the relocation event in late 2014.

If they are going to sell out, they'll make more money that way, then selling them now as seasons.

Though they might play by different rules for seats in 112/113/114, etc that weren't made available during relocation. Presumably seats there that aren't renewed will go into the relocation pot.

jazzy
01-13-2014, 09:19 PM
seems confusing..I think I've been on some list forever , since day 1, because our seasons are under my wifes name....(don't ask)....it's a kilt not a skirt..:) ,...so they send me blurbs, always trying to get me to purchase seasons..They have sent me a stadium seating schematic and while saying 92% of the seasons tickets are sold for this year....the only section they have printed as sold out are yellows and light greys..?? sent today . I haven't bothered in quiring any further . JUST CHECKED and section 126 and 105 , plus 221 and 225 @$684 each are available as well as light blues @ $703 each which is where I would buy if I had to because they have the best sight lines and steepest rise , of course not as good as centre but....

jvanpeebles
01-13-2014, 10:35 PM
Honestly, your best bet is to become a season seat holder first... just try to get the cheapest ones you can.
Once you are a SSH, moving around becomes much easier.

It may take a bit of initiative and reaching out on your part, but it is possible.
I became a full SSH last year for the first time (after having half-seasons in the past).
I was lucky enough to grab 2 single tickets (not a pair) in upper 111 at that time, but with some maneuvering on my part, I was able to change them to a pair in 113 Supporters Section by the time the season started.

Once you are a season ticket holder, reaching out to TFC Account Reps, as well as the different Supporters Groups who control Supporters Sections is much easier done.

I am not presently a season ticket holder. up until last year I purchased every partial pack I could in section 110. Then last year they told me I could not get them there so I said forget it

Haddy
01-13-2014, 10:51 PM
The Star says 92% of season tickets have been sold (http://www.thestar.com/sports/tfc/2014/01/13/toronto_fc_season_ticket_sales_surge_after_new_sig nings.html)

Yohan
01-13-2014, 10:55 PM
The Star says 92% of season tickets have been sold (http://www.thestar.com/sports/tfc/2014/01/13/toronto_fc_season_ticket_sales_surge_after_new_sig nings.html)and 15% renewal date just before Defoe/Bradley signings. wow

brad
01-13-2014, 11:08 PM
His discussion reminds me of the infamous wait list...

I'm sure ticket sales and renewals are decent. I bet there will be an uptick in sales with this announcement. Beyond that I highly doubt it's a sellout across the stadium. Scarcity sells tickets - and that is what they are trying to create.

brad
01-13-2014, 11:10 PM

the other test is going to be what scalpels are selling tickets for 5-10 games into the season. Say you you will about them - they know the market and what sort of price a given product will support.

Cashcleaner
01-14-2014, 01:46 AM
It is just me, or does anyone else totally not trust the club to hand over their free supporter jersey when they pay by BMO Mastercard? I was just about to put down my deposit on the ticketmaster site, but there was nothing that indicated the jersey or what size shirt you usually wear. Guess I'm gonna have to call it in tomorrow, but still kinda sucks that it couldn't have been worked out online.

flamehawk
01-14-2014, 08:07 AM
It is just me, or does anyone else totally not trust the club to hand over their free supporter jersey when they pay by BMO Mastercard? I was just about to put down my deposit on the ticketmaster site, but there was nothing that indicated the jersey or what size shirt you usually wear. Guess I'm gonna have to call it in tomorrow, but still kinda sucks that it couldn't have been worked out online.

Well, my ticket rep did tell me that the deal is happening this year. Hopefully, they were right.

nfitz
01-14-2014, 08:13 AM
JUST CHECKED and section 126 and 105 , plus 221 and 225 @$684 each are available as well as light blues @ $703 each which is where I would buy if I had to because they have the best sight lines and steepest rise , of course not as good as centre but....Wow, $684 for medium grey. That's more expensive than the year prices peaked in 2011, where they were $678 for renewals (but $712 for new seasons). Renewals in medium-grey were only $475 for 2014, tor those who held seasons in 2012, and $532 for those who first bought in 2013.

Supporters (yellow) is even more dramatic. Renewals were $190 for those that purchased pre-2013, and $266 for those that purchased in 2013. But $342 for new season tickets this year (if there are any to be had).

Makes you wonder what we are in for, if we actually start winning things.

brad
01-14-2014, 08:26 AM
Wow, $684 for medium grey. That's more expensive than the year prices peaked in 2011, where they were $678 for renewals (but $712 for new seasons). Renewals in medium-grey were only $475 for 2014, tor those who held seasons in 2012, and $532 for those who first bought in 2013.

Supporters (yellow) is even more dramatic. Renewals were $190 for those that purchased pre-2013, and $266 for those that purchased in 2013. But $342 for new season tickets this year (if there are any to be had).

Basic supply and demand. Prices are going to go up. 100 million on players should be enough to tell us where prices are going in the future.

That said, they would be smart to keep the supporters sections cheap.

Pookie
01-14-2014, 09:04 AM
Wow, $684 for medium grey. That's more expensive than the year prices peaked in 2011, where they were $678 for renewals (but $712 for new seasons). Renewals in medium-grey were only $475 for 2014, tor those who held seasons in 2012, and $532 for those who first bought in 2013.

Why would you wonder?

Tim L stated last night that if all goes well they expect to break even next year.

With millions more now being spent, it is going to come from us. It is a gate driven league. A big tv deal isn't on the horizon. Getting a few more playoff games would help but not that significantly.

Ticket prices have to go up and the new pricing shows you that they feel the market can support that level. If all these games are going to be sold out, the new buyers allegedly are willing to pay 1,400 for the north end or 2,500 for reds or 680 for a pair of supporters.

If the market is there, they will just sell your seat to someone else if you don't want to buy. Or as an exec once told me in the days before Tim, you will pool your resources and happily share your seats with friends and split the games, like Leaf fans do.

There is no excuse for being surprised if and when ticket prices go up.

Yohan
01-14-2014, 09:12 AM
The SSH renewal prices are temporary to S1 prices. TFC never said this was going to be permanent and I expect them to jack them back up once the demand is stable again.

Primavera
01-14-2014, 09:21 AM
Well, my ticket rep did tell me that the deal is happening this year. Hopefully, they were right.

It's clearly stated on the renewal website that the jersey is part of the early renewal for those who "make a payment towards your 2014 Season Seats by Friday, January 31, 2014 with your Toronto FC BMO Master Card!"

As far as I know, there were no problems with this last year, so I don't see why there would be any reason to be concerned about it this year.

nfitz
01-14-2014, 10:04 AM
Tim L stated last night that if all goes well they expect to break even next year.

I'd think much of that would be that they won't be paying $20 million in transfer fees next year, so it's just the salary amount, combined with revenue increases. I'd expect them to more than break even next year on that basis.

Of course I expect ticket prices to go up Though I expect we could win the Supporters Shield, MLS Cup, Voyageurs Cup, and make the Champion's League play-offs, and still some will complain about the price.

cmonyoureds
01-14-2014, 10:27 AM

Got my email yesterday quoting 92% sold out.
However when I clicked on the "check out available seats" link, it showed there were 5 categories left, all higher end seats. (Although if I recall correctly the really high end box seats were sold out)

cmonyoureds
01-14-2014, 10:30 AM

Wait till you see what the sticker price says for a playoff game if we get one.......

TFCAURORA
01-14-2014, 10:51 AM
^if we get t the payoffs people wil pay whatever MLSE post as ticket prices. MLSE

TFCAURORA
01-14-2014, 10:53 AM
^mlse know we are starved for playoffs and they will price tix in order to maximize profits.

nfitz
01-14-2014, 12:11 PM
Wait till you see what the sticker price says for a playoff game if we get one.......I'll be more worried about the air fare. :canada:

69Chevy396
01-14-2014, 05:55 PM
I have one seat in the light blue section (133)that I am prepared to share. PM me for details.

Cuppy
01-14-2014, 08:28 PM
Took advantage last year with the free jersey deal. It is legit as it's the only time I use the bro MasterCard. What they will do when they mail the tix is send you a free jersey card which looks almost similar to the discount card. You will need to take the free jersey card down to real sports apparel and pick up the jersey there where they will verify the card is used. Paid for my seasons this year with the card for the free jersey offer. Can't argue this deal other than the fact finding a place to park last year to get to real sports cost approx 20$.
oh well it was well worth it

miketfc
01-15-2014, 02:46 PM
I'm looking for a pair of supporters tickets. I've bought renewals off others the past couple of years, seems to be QUITE tougher this year. Any info helps, thanks!!!!

gdg_9
01-15-2014, 03:41 PM
Took advantage last year with the free jersey deal. It is legit as it's the only time I use the bro MasterCard. What they will do when they mail the tix is send you a free jersey card which looks almost similar to the discount card. You will need to take the free jersey card down to real sports apparel and pick up the jersey there where they will verify the card is used. Paid for my seasons this year with the card for the free jersey offer. Can't argue this deal other than the fact finding a place to park last year to get to real sports cost approx 20$.

Just park underground right at RealSports, then stop by Longo's on your way out and grab a few groceries!
They'll validate your parking for free!

kodiakTFC
01-15-2014, 04:27 PM
Just park underground right at RealSports, then stop by Longo's on your way out and grab a few groceries!

I just park infront and throw on the hazards. It shouldn't take you more than 2 minutes to grab a kit and pay.

khso11
01-15-2014, 09:13 PM

Actually you have to buy at least $20 in order to get your ticket validated.

Gilberto9
01-15-2014, 09:32 PM
92% sold out? This is exciting. Very exciting!!!

Slick
01-21-2014, 09:33 AM
I renewed my tickets before Jan 17 . Did anyone here get their Raptor tickets yet?

flatpicker
01-21-2014, 09:45 AM
I renewed my tickets before Jan 17 . Did anyone here get their Raptor tickets yet?

Nothing yet.

Captain
01-21-2014, 01:06 PM
I spoke to my ticket rep yesterday about the raptor tickets. She said to expect an e-mail in Feb and that the tickers will be placed in the online account.

Fort York Redcoat
01-21-2014, 01:20 PM
Renewed. Sans Raptor tix.

Carts
01-21-2014, 02:07 PM
I spoke to my ticket rep yesterday about the raptor tickets. She said to expect an e-mail in Feb and that the tickers will be placed in the online account.

Thanks bud... I was wondering about this...

JayMolly
01-21-2014, 07:31 PM

Thanks Cuppy.
We too used the TFC BMO card.
Thought the alternate jersey would be sent with tix or available at BMO during one of the matches.
I guess we will take a look at RS next time at the ACC.
J&M

gdg_9
01-22-2014, 02:31 PM
FYI... TFC tweeted out that a new block of Seasons Tickets were just releases, in case anyone is still interested.

Relja
01-22-2014, 03:25 PM
I got my raptors tickets today. Sadly its on a day of friendly soccer so will see. Did everyone get March 12th as well?

Abou Sky
01-22-2014, 04:40 PM
I got my raptors tickets today. Sadly its on a day of friendly soccer so will see. Did everyone get March 12th as well?

Yup, and pretty decent seats too

Pookie
01-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Was looking at ticket prices the other day. If math is correct, for a new season ticket holder in 2012, the price on a North End ticket was $589. Today, that price is $703. An increase of over 19%.

Reds and Dark Greys actually went down by a couple of percent.

Put 10 economists in a room and you'll get 11 opinions but it may suggest a "squeezing" of the middle class. The theory would be that top end tickets aren't selling at higher price points so you make the middle of the road seats more expensive. Folks can't opt into the yellows and light greys so they pick the North End as the least expensive of the remaining options. MLSE makes more money on those and over time, the cost to "upgrade" to the high end becomes less of a gap.

Miko
01-23-2014, 01:42 PM
Yup, and pretty decent seats too

My Raps tickets are for Jan 29th so I guess it was a few games on offer.

Pookie
01-29-2014, 01:58 PM
Like Vote Night, I'm going to make a projection on the number of TFC season seats sold this year.

According to this CBC report, http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/toronto-fc-fans-snap-up-tickets-in-wake-of-major-signings-1.2496582 TFC will cap the number of season tickets sold at 17,000.

Also according to the article, they had a season ticket holder base of 14,600 last year and expect a 95% renewal rate.

That means a base of 13,870 and approximately 3,170 available tickets to be sold to new ticket holders. 2,400 in the initial offering and 770 made available as non-renewals (if they choose that route).

In the article, it was said that they have sold about 2,000 new season tickets in the wake of the signings.

Interestingly, if you look at the seat map if you wanted to buy season tickets you can see about 650-700 seats still available to new ticket holders. That makes the 2,000 they reported questionable but not out of the realm of possible. These seats do not (yet) include non-renewers. These are not inexpensive seats that are left, making the market for them somewhat diminished.

When all is said and done, I'm going to call them short of the 17,000 mark by about 1,000 to 1,500.

15,500 - 16,000 with the majority on the discounted renewal pricing.

That's your projection.

Dave67
01-29-2014, 03:27 PM
^ received an email today selling seasons tickets, targeting previous STH. Says they are at 94% as of today.

BuSaPuNk
01-30-2014, 12:48 PM
As of this morning here is the breakdown of what is available for Season Seats.

TOTAL 676

West Lower
Section121 - 3
Section 122 - 2
Section 124 - 2

West Upper
Section 221 - 4
Section 222 - 109
Section 223 - 80
Section 224 - 112
Section 225 - 5

North
Section 131/131F - 12
Section 132 - 13
Section 133 - 3
Section 134 - 6

East

Section 105 - 3
Section 106 - 137
Section 107 - 37
Section 108 - 35
Section 109 - 113

Pookie
01-30-2014, 04:29 PM
^ thanks. I got tired of counting blue dots.

I think TFC will be doing well to get 15,500 out of this.

Though short of the 17,000 goal it is probably a lot higher than the 11 or 12k they were on pace for based on the way the year ended.

mowe
01-30-2014, 05:27 PM
^ thanks. I got tired of counting blue dots.

I think TFC will be doing well to get 15,500 out of this.

Though short of the 17,000 goal it is probably a lot higher than the 11 or 12k they were on pace for based on the way the year ended.

Aren't they over that already? 14600 last year at 94% renewal rate (according the last post on page 8) is 13724. Add the 2500 new seats Leiweke has said they'd sold and you're up to 16224. And with the 676 BuSaPuNk counted the total to 16900, so it fits with the 17k they're capping at.

nfitz
01-30-2014, 07:56 PM
That means a base of 13,870 and approximately 3,170 available tickets to be sold to new ticket holders. 2,400 in the initial offering and 770 made available as non-renewals (if they choose that route).They said when they explained the process late last year, that those non-renewals get sold as single tickets this season, and are what is available at relocation next season.

Not sure if you were aware of that, or just assuming that they weren't being truthful.

Pookie
01-30-2014, 10:24 PM
^ I heard that but if they are short they could always opt to make them "re-available." It's probably moot to the total number of seats sold.

As for the numbers, the totals that BuSaPuNk posted seem pretty consistent with what was available a week or so ago. I don't see any consumer rush to snap these up. The bulk of what remains carries a $950 starting price for a single seat. There are few North End seats left ($703) as well as some at $684 but most of those are singles. If Defoe/Bradley didn't spur activity at those price levels, I'm not sure that any news between now and season start is going to have them flying off the shelves.

So my math would be like this:

2013 Season Ticket Base - 14,600
Renewal - 95%
2014 Renewals = 13,870

MLSE estimate on new tickets sold = 2,000 according to the CBC report and 2,500 according to TL

Total Season Ticket Base = a range between 15,500 and 16,000 maybe 16,250 depending on the actual renewal rate and accuracy of published new seat sales.

Either or it is a positive step forward for a franchise that was likely headed to the 12,000 range if they didn't do something dramatic.

Whatever the number, for the economic conscious it appears as though there will be thousands of single game tickets still available and there still does not appear to be a wait list. It would stand to reason that it should likely still be a buyer's market for most games.

Just a theory of course. The only thing more transparent in terms of MLS Attendance Figures are of course the MLS Roster Rules ;)

khso11
01-30-2014, 11:08 PM
It’s going to take a while to sell these 676 tickets left, since these tix are on the expensive side.

cmonyoureds
01-31-2014, 11:14 AM
^ I heard that but if they are short they could always opt to make them "re-available." It's probably moot to the total number of seats sold.

As for the numbers, the totals that BuSaPuNk posted seem pretty consistent with what was available a week or so ago. I don't see any consumer rush to snap these up. The bulk of what remains carries a $950 starting price for a single seat. There are few North End seats left ($703) as well as some at $684 but most of those are singles. If Defoe/Bradley didn't spur activity at those price levels, I'm not sure that any news between now and season start is going to have them flying off the shelves.

So my math would be like this:

2013 Season Ticket Base - 14,600
Renewal - 95%
2014 Renewals = 13,870

MLSE estimate on new tickets sold = 2,000 according to the CBC report and 2,500 according to TL

Total Season Ticket Base = a range between 15,500 and 16,000 maybe 16,250 depending on the actual renewal rate and accuracy of published new seat sales.

Either or it is a positive step forward for a franchise that was likely headed to the 12,000 range if they didn't do something dramatic.

Whatever the number, for the economic conscious it appears as though there will be thousands of single game tickets still available and there still does not appear to be a wait list. It would stand to reason that it should likely still be a buyer's market for most games.

Just a theory of course. The only thing more transparent in terms of MLS Attendance Figures are of course the MLS Roster Rules ;)

You are correct. I received an "Prior seat holder" e-mail this morning to my e-mail account. Thing is, we haven't used that account since year 2 to buy tickets. We switched the contact to my wife's e-mail account in year 3.
So if my "theory" is correct, they're mining the old seat holders contact lists and are all the way back to year 2.

BuSaPuNk
01-31-2014, 11:31 AM
You are correct. I received an "Prior seat holder" e-mail this morning to my e-mail account. Thing is, we haven't used that account since year 2 to buy tickets. We switched the contact to my wife's e-mail account in year 3.
So if my "theory" is correct, they're mining the old seat holders contact lists and are all the way back to year 2.

They probably are sending out to anyone that they have contact information for. I wouldn't be surprised if Leafs, Raptors SSH are being e-mailed as well.

ryan
01-31-2014, 11:49 AM

Pfft. Only until we start the season 10-0-0 with a +25 Goal Differential!

Carts
01-31-2014, 12:01 PM
Pfft. Only until we start the season 10-0-0 with a +25 Goal Differential!

Why so negative??? The Goal Differential will be at least 30! g:D

:drinking:

It'll be fun to see a packed house at BMO again!!!!

Sure we'll have our rain game, cold nights, where there's empty patches, and sold out dates where people think / complain they papered the crowd - but f*ck it, I'm looking forward to some fun!

backbeat
01-31-2014, 02:47 PM
and i'd LOVE to see BMO filled 15 minutes BEFORE the games starts....like days of old...when they had to turn the anthem down because the singing was louder and the name of each player was shouted out....:drum: