PDA

View Full Version : Rollerblading down to BMO?

MartinUtd
12-05-2013, 10:25 AM
I don't get this reference and it comes up a lot. I thought I'd be able to figure it out by now but I'm finally cracking.

Somebody please explain.

Initial B
12-05-2013, 10:33 AM
iirc, someone rollerbladed from their home down to BMO to confirm/refute a Forlan sighting at the TFC offices this past summer. I think it's taken on a meaning of "going beyond the call of duty in the service of supporters".

mowe
12-05-2013, 10:39 AM
During the height of the Forlan rumours there was a poster saying he "heard" Forlan was in Toronto and at BMO to sign THAT day. You have to understand at this point we thought we were actually going to sign him, so confirming his arrival in Toronto was a big deal. Some dude said he lived close to BMO and would rollerblade down there to check out the scene. We all waited with baited breath for the rollerblade report (no sign of Forlan). It later became clear that the initial poster had made it all up. But the legend of the rollerblades lives on.

MartinUtd
12-05-2013, 10:55 AM
LOL so it was all a hoax?

Yeah I remember the Forlan saga vividly. I got the the point where I just wanted to know one way or the other regardless if he ended up here.

Thanks for the update!

Phil
12-05-2013, 11:00 AM
It ranks up there with 'bringing in the tomato plants' or 'my uncle tells me..' in the conspiracy world. LOL What would we do without the internet?

:facepalm: :hulk:

ManUtd4ever
12-05-2013, 11:17 AM
LOL.

Ultra & Proud
12-05-2013, 11:25 AM
iirc, someone rollerbladed from their home down to BMO to confirm/refute a Forlan sighting at the TFC offices this past summer. I think it's taken on a meaning of "going beyond the call of duty in the service of supporters".
And it was like 40+ degrees out that day too.

Richard
12-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Did someone ever give the beer he deserved?

Alonso
12-05-2013, 12:50 PM
..... Now enshrined in TFC lexicon for ever more g:D

TOBOR !
12-05-2013, 12:59 PM
..... Now enshrined in TFC lexicon for ever more g:D

Not just TFC lexicon; common parlance has it that someone undertaking a futile, and fruitless task , can be said to be 'Rollerblading down to BMO'

Pachuco
12-05-2013, 01:19 PM
And here I thought we had a new signing when I read the title of the thread :)

OgtheDim
12-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Don't diss the rollerblading dude.

Marc"2L"
12-05-2013, 02:05 PM
The inline skate is the official logo for the F5 brigade.

The F5 brigade are the poor souls left wandering the player transfer thread at all hours of the morning.
They were the ones relating instructions to the brave young man doing laps around BMO Field, on rollerblades.

Joe Kool
12-05-2013, 03:02 PM
I remember that day...the buildup...the anticipation while he laced up the skates...the tension on the forum was palpable. I had things to do so couldn't tune back in later to find out what Rollerman found out...I loved the go getter attitude he had though...very inspiring. Awesome day!

CBTFC
12-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Proud to call Rollerblade dude one of my very good friends.

And I too shall don the blades if possible to make the trek down to the hallowed grounds of BMO Field should I be called upon. Or snowshoes, if it's winter.

Ivy
12-05-2013, 04:06 PM
And this went down at around 5 o'clock. At 7, Forlan was in the starting 11 for Inter in Brazil.

Marc"2L"
12-05-2013, 04:33 PM
And this went down at around 5 o'clock. At 7, Forlan was in the starting 11 for Inter in Brazil.

Yup, an important part of the story.

Yohan
12-06-2013, 12:38 AM
ag futbol's new avatar cracks me up everytime

Cashcleaner
12-06-2013, 01:35 AM
Oh fuck, I read this thread title and spewed half my drink on my keyboard. I remember that. Makes me chuckle now thinking of it. :D

__wowza
12-06-2013, 02:59 AM
you know your SG has history when it begins to create it's own lexicon:

- tear this league up
- rollerblading down to BMO
- mediaguide / websluts

anything else we can add on to here?

JuliquE
12-06-2013, 06:58 AM
you know your SG has history when it begins to create it's own lexicon:

- tear this league up
- rollerblading down to BMO
- mediaguide / websluts

anything else we can add on to here?
Being reassigned to a scouting role should equate to being fired.

Allez Le BBB (BMO Blade Brigade); Better Business Bureau can eat their heart out.

Alonso
12-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Being reassigned to a scouting role should equate to being fired.

Allez Le BBB (BMO Blade Brigade); Better Business Bureau can eat their heart out.

Yeah I've seen "make him a scout" to insinuate some one should be fired many a times.