PDA

View Full Version : TFC 2014 Season Seat Relocation Event

bgnewf
11-30-2013, 07:41 PM
Some video I captured earlier today from BMO Field at the tail end of the Seat Relocation Event

http://youtu.be/zqIu8frEUxw

Pendrith
12-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Went to seat reallocation event on Friday at 1 PM. Had seats in section 113 row 5 and section 120 row 1. Planned to give up seats in 120 but instead traded the seats in Section 120 for seats in Section 111 Row 4. My seats are now closer together and I am happy that my 4 seats are all now in the supporters sections.

pdogg
12-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Given that people weren't given the option to decline their seats (yet), I didn't think the relocation would be too fruitful. There might be a lot more empty seats after renewals are finished.

BuSaPuNk
12-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Given that people weren't given the option to decline their seats (yet), I didn't think the relocation would be too fruitful. There might be a lot more empty seats after renewals are finished.

That's what I'm not too sure of here. What happens to all the seats that arnt picked up by January? All the people declining there seasons what happens to them?

I was hoping this year to be able to pull the trigger on tickets and not pay an arm and a leg.

Joe Kool
12-02-2013, 01:01 AM
That's what I'm not too sure of here. What happens to all the seats that arnt picked up by January? All the people declining there seasons what happens to them?

I was hoping this year to be able to pull the trigger on tickets and not pay an arm and a leg.

I bet they are planning that their 'big' DP announcement will have people renew or at least be able to sell to new SSH's the non-renewed seats for a decent price and not the renewal price. Just my guess anyway...

BuSaPuNk
12-02-2013, 08:10 AM
I bet they are planning that their 'big' DP announcement will have people renew or at least be able to sell to new SSH's the non-renewed seats for a decent price and not the renewal price. Just my guess anyway...

What about the seats that are vacated in January? I'm sure some people are holding there spot and when it comes down to pay if the team hasn't done much in terms of getting a DP or better players might walk. I'm more interested in what happens to those tickets.

Joe Kool
12-02-2013, 08:26 AM
What about the seats that are vacated in January? I'm sure some people are holding there spot and when it comes down to pay if the team hasn't done much in terms of getting a DP or better players might walk. I'm more interested in what happens to those tickets.

Those January seats are the ones I am talking about. Their business plan seems to all hinge on getting these big names to ensure a good renewal for people holding their spot and put bums in seats so they don't have much season tickets left over in January. I am sure they might offer anything vacated to the 'waiting list" if there still is a list. I would assume they could also still come up with partial packs or half seasons packs after that if needed. This could all backfire of course if they don't come through at all with any DP promises and the people that are on the fence do walk away. Then we will see some scrambling to sell seats I would think in January. Overall kind of a mess but they are hoping to land their big names and come out golden....time will tell.

pdogg
12-02-2013, 08:43 AM
There might be some prime seats available if a lot of people walk away. If the scenario plays out that waiting list get first crack at them, instead of current SSHs, that could cause issues with people.

I know I was looking to move sections, but the availability in areas that I wanted to go to was limited and I had a horrible time slot.

OgtheDim
12-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Personally I'm just hoping to have an opportunity to grab the seat I had as a half season pack as a season seat but we'll see. I know when I bought the half pack last year there were a LOT of seats in 111 available.

Yagbod
12-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Friend of mine ran into one of the FO guys at the relocation on Friday. He told my friend that any non-renewed seats would be sold as singles next year and then put back into the SSH pot for next years relocation. They will not be offered as season's seats for 2014. This may not apply to 112-114 as the supporters groups get to control relocation into those areas.

Pint
12-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Anything not renewed in 112-114 and 127 goes to the supporter group in that area and then they can move people into those sections.

Pookie
12-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Friend of mine ran into one of the FO guys at the relocation on Friday. He told my friend that any non-renewed seats would be sold as singles next year and then put back into the SSH pot for next years relocation.

What would be an interesting statistic to learn would be the number of folks that participated in the relocation event and how that compares to previous years. That would give a real good insight into a projected renewal rate.

We are letting our seats go and as a result saw no point and did not attend the relocation event. I imagine there are many in that camp.

Greatest Ripoff
12-02-2013, 03:05 PM
I moved to England, so I am not renewing my seat.

pdogg
12-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Friend of mine ran into one of the FO guys at the relocation on Friday. He told my friend that any non-renewed seats would be sold as singles next year and then put back into the SSH pot for next years relocation. They will not be offered as season's seats for 2014. This may not apply to 112-114 as the supporters groups get to control relocation into those areas.

If true, this would be a substantial improvement over how it would have been handled previously. Existing SSH should get first crack at those non renewed seats. Begrudgingly, kudos to the FO on this.

Yagbod
12-03-2013, 09:52 AM
If true, this would be a substantial improvement over how it would have been handled previously. Existing SSH should get first crack at those non renewed seats. Begrudgingly, kudos to the FO on this.

On the down side, there may be more 'tourists' in those sections. Not a big deal for the supporters groups as our sections are exempt, but it may be an issue for people trying to exercise their right to visually support in other sections. I do agree with your point as well though.

NewCity
12-03-2013, 10:02 AM

I went to the Fri at 4pm app. and was told the exact same thing.

supersaint
12-05-2013, 10:54 AM
SSH since season one. Decent seats in 106. Not going to renew. I do not care who we sign. The drive to the games from Newmarket has been a nightmare. The football is shockingly poor. Listening to Nelsen blame everything except himself after each loss was just so annoying. I am not a Leafs fan, but I respect that with all the injuries they have just now, Randy Carlyle never sits back and says to the press, poor me, I have so many players injured, or we just lost to the Stanley Cup Champs but gave them a good run for their money.

Pookie
12-06-2013, 11:10 AM
... The drive to the games from Newmarket has been a nightmare...

Amen. Long standing debate around the team has always been around the convenience of the stadium location. I'm firmly in the no camp with limited parking especially during the CNE, Indy, Canada Day, public transit options from the north and Gardiner headaches being the norm not the exception.

Find it curious that with all the talk of a second "NHL sized" arena in the GTA that the developers are highlighting that access near or along the 407 is considered a benefit considering current and future population growth patterns.