PDA

View Full Version : Who is Michael Phillips?

Initial B
11-30-2013, 02:19 PM
I'm not sure how many of you read the comments section in the MLS website articles (except Prizby), but there is this one guy named Michael Phillips who has shown up lately championing everything TFC. Apparently he was #25 on the season Ticket Holder list, has a pair of seats in both the most expensive section of the stadium *and* in the supporters section, and seems completely divorced from the reality of TFC's situation. He's always countering any negative comment about the club and making all the TFC fans look delusional. I'm positive this guy must work for the TFC front office and is being paid to say nothing but positive things on social media about TFC.

Does anybody know who this guy is?

Dv23
11-30-2013, 03:06 PM
I frequent the MLS website as well and have been noticing him. I can't find his profile on Facebook or anything, which is interesting. At this point I don't think he is making TFC fans look bad in any way, so I don't think there is an issue here. We'll see if that continues to be the case.

MartinUtd
11-30-2013, 03:07 PM
He's on this FB page making comments but for whatever reason the user profiles is not clickable

https://www.facebook.com/torontofc/posts/576921228994382

ag futbol
11-30-2013, 03:15 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was his own opinion and nothing sinister.

Remember year 1 on this board arguing with people until I was blue in the fact that Mo Johnston was an unmitigated disaster. There were more than a few who defended Mo until the very end.

I think we're all slightly diluted for still following this club, he just seems more watered down than the rest of us.

Couchy81
11-30-2013, 03:21 PM
He's on this FB page making comments but for whatever reason the user profiles is not clickable

https://www.facebook.com/torontofc/posts/576921228994382

It's clickable for me, he seems like a real person not an MLSE fabrication.

Marc"2L"
11-30-2013, 03:24 PM
Says a lot about the state of affairs.

Mr. Bigby
11-30-2013, 03:55 PM
Perhaps he just takes the "support" part of supporter seriously?:rolleyes:

jloome
11-30-2013, 04:06 PM
Perhaps he just takes the "support" part of supporter seriously?:rolleyes:

I have a more relevant question: Who is Jonas Elmer, and is he able to play left back at some point?

Still Kicking
11-30-2013, 07:42 PM
I am Michael Phillips, on my days off from being Spartacus....

jazzy
11-30-2013, 08:14 PM
I have a more relevant question: Who is Jonas Elmer, and is he able to play left back at some point?

brilliant !......must say thought of this last night who and why are we keeping this guy ? he's taking up an int spot yes ? I won't even think about R. Lambe .

prizby
12-01-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm not sure how many of you read the comments section in the MLS website articles (except Prizby),

this made me laugh

Cashcleaner
12-02-2013, 12:12 AM
You know, I can't remember if that's the guy, but there is someone who posts on TFC's FB page all the time who basically has his nose right up the FO's ass. Don't know if it's this guy, though.