PDA

View Full Version : New Soccer show on FAN 590

johnmolinaro
11-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Folks,

Been a while since I posted here, so apologies.

Not sure if you heard the news but FAN590 and Nigel Reed parted ways recently, leading to the end of the Soccer Show, the program that Nigel hosted every Thursday on the station.

However, today the powers that be asked me host a new show on FAN 590 called Soccer Central Radio.

Like Nigel's old show, it will air on Thursday on the FAN, with simulcast/repeats on Sportsnet World and Sportsnet ONE. It will also be available in podcast format on sportsnet.ca in case you can't listen live.

And like Nigel's old show, we will focus quite a bit on all matters Toronto FC. Nigel has given me his blessing and there are no hard feelings between us at all, so I hope you give the show a listen.

This doesn't change anything with regards to my job as chief soccer reporter for sportsnet.ca. I'll still be doing that, in addition to the radio show.

Cheers,

John Molinaro

backbeat
11-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Folks,

Been a while since I posted here, so apologies.

Not sure if you heard the news but FAN590 and Nigel Reed parted ways recently, leading to the end of the Soccer Show, the program that Nigel hosted every Thursday on the station.

However, today the powers that be asked me host a new show on FAN 590 called Soccer Central Radio.

Like Nigel's old show, it will air on Thursday on the FAN, with simulcast/repeats on Sportsnet World and Sportsnet ONE. It will also be available in podcast format on sportsnet.ca in case you can't listen live.

And like Nigel's old show, we will focus quite a bit on all matters Toronto FC. Nigel has given me his blessing and there are no hard feelings between us at all, so I hope you give the show a listen.

This doesn't change anything with regards to my job as chief soccer reporter for sportsnet.ca. I'll still be doing that, in addition to the radio show.

Cheers,

John Molinaro

well then, congrats and good luck are in order

i will certainly listen in...

Yohan
11-27-2013, 09:53 PM
what time is the said show?

Greatest Ripoff
11-27-2013, 09:56 PM
If it is mostly domestic football as you said, then I'll check it out. Will it be on iTunes?

BuSaPuNk
11-27-2013, 09:59 PM
^ id expect it to replace the current show on iTunes.

Congrats John. I was pretty upset when it all happened and wasn't pleased when the show was being dominated with Euro talk when it was first taken over by Dunlop and co. Atleast the show will build on what is should be a show based around MLS and our domestic teams. Can't wait to hear the first pod.

mowe
11-27-2013, 09:59 PM
Interesting, I will be tuning in. I always appreciated the local focus of the Soccer Show, hope this continues that trend.

Any idea who else will be hosting the show with you?

johnmolinaro
11-27-2013, 10:00 PM
what time is the said show?

will confirm time as soon as I know.

johnmolinaro
11-27-2013, 10:00 PM
yes, it'll be on iTunes.

johnmolinaro
11-27-2013, 10:01 PM
If it is mostly domestic football as you said, then I'll check it out. Will it be on iTunes?

Yes, it'll be on iTunes.

Haddy
11-27-2013, 11:30 PM
Yes, it'll be on iTunes.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4MYZ5MojVq4/TvyzvHxVhMI/AAAAAAAAAF4/CojVG1iBaB4/s1600/out.jpg

jazzy
11-28-2013, 12:25 AM
always enjoyed your dedication thanks.................and now about those DP's.......:)

I hope it's a consistent regular time slot.....so I can get in the habit of listening .

brad
11-28-2013, 07:52 AM
Great news John, looking forward to it.

tictoc
11-28-2013, 08:12 AM

I'm really happy to read this. Truthfully I stopped listening to the new pod because of the lack of Canadian footy coverage. I'll check out the new one for sure.

cwell
11-28-2013, 08:37 AM
Like others, it seems, I didn't like the replacement show -- in fact, I stopped listening after five minutes. Too much like a Fox or ESPN show.

I'm sorry to see the end of the Reid and Iarusci show. They had developed a fine partnership. Loved Bob's passion for Canadian soccer. Appreciated Nigel's droll sense of humour and his equisite timing.

They had a long run and, who knows, maybe there was only Nigel's 'four men and a dog' plus a few of us listening.

Phil
11-28-2013, 09:09 AM
Great news John. Really happy to see TFC being locally reported on and discussed.

Fort York Redcoat
11-28-2013, 09:33 AM
I'll definitely listen. I look forward to hear you host full time, John. I suspect it can be frustrating to go from world football correspondent, following the best the game has to offer, and then having the struggling local team as a focus but I'm sure you can warm up to the troubled teen that is Toronto FC.

Oldtimer
11-28-2013, 09:34 AM
Sorry about Nigel, but every show has it's run.

Looking forward to your new show, John.

ManUtd4ever
11-28-2013, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the heads up John. Take the ball and run with it.

JuliquE
11-28-2013, 12:00 PM
Congrats and looking forward to that time-slot update.

Alonso
11-28-2013, 12:40 PM
Good to have a replacement show in the works.

Good luck with it, I'll be listening as always.

johnmolinaro
11-28-2013, 02:21 PM
So the show is going to be live tonight at 8pm ET on the FAN. If you can't listen live, don't worry. It'll be available via iTunes and on the Soccer Central Radio podcast home page, which is here:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/soccer-central-radio/

Also, since many of you have asked, I plan to focus on Canadian soccer as much as I can, much like Nigel and Bob did. That's not to say we won't talk about the international game. But the Canadian game will be covered in depth.

With that in mind, tonight's guests include Kurt Larson from the Toronto Sun (to talk TFC) and Les Jones, author of the new book "SOCCER CANADA'S NATIONAL SPORT,covering well over 150 years of soccer in Canada"

I hope you'll find the time to make the show part of your weekly listening schedule. :)

Cheers,
John

prizby
11-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Great news John. Really happy to see TFC being locally reported on and discussed.

you sure it won't be Montreal? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So the show is going to be live tonight at 8pm ET on the FAN. If you can't listen live, don't worry. It'll be available via iTunes and on the Soccer Central Radio podcast home page, which is here:

Also, since many of you have asked, I plan to focus on Canadian soccer as much as I can, much like Nigel and Bob did. That's not to say we won't talk about the international game. But the Canadian game will be covered in depth.

With that in mind, tonight's guests include Kurt Larson from the Toronto Sun (to talk TFC) and Les Jones, author of the new book "SOCCER CANADA'S NATIONAL SPORT,covering well over 150 years of soccer in Canada"

I hope you'll find the time to make the show part of your weekly listening schedule. :)

Cheers,
John

nothing on tv tonight...good night to kick it off; you'll have my ears

Super
11-28-2013, 02:50 PM
Love it! I was a huge fan of the first Soccer Show since the very beginning, and I was saddened to learn it had been cancelled. The new show sounds great, and I'm thrilled to learn that Molinaro will be the host. I'll definitely be a regular listener!

Yagbod
11-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Thursday nights haven't been the same these past few weeks. This is excellent news.

All the best John!

Joe Kool
11-28-2013, 05:05 PM

Cheers,
John

Good luck John!

Mark in Ottawa
11-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Best of luck John. We can't have enough good footy coverage.

TFC/Everton
11-28-2013, 07:42 PM
I shall be listening, John. Congratulations!

Marc"2L"
11-28-2013, 08:04 PM
So is ahhhh, anybody ahh listening?

Oh John, some work to do.

SKB
11-28-2013, 09:01 PM

I listened in. It was a decent start but they need better guests in the future.

DigzTFC!
11-28-2013, 11:28 PM
I listened in. It was a decent start but they need better guests in the future.

A few suggestions but an honorable first go:

1) Pause if you need to collect your thoughts. Ah isn't a good spacer. Leave that to Lee Godfrey
2) The host is suppose to be the creator of energy and emotional conversation... You're reserved and analytical in nature.

I know you've buried your stake in the ground on Nelson but consider this:

Peter Vermes
2009 - 3-7-2
2010 - 11–13–6
2011 - 13–9–12

Jason Kries
2007 - 6-15-9
2008 - 10-10-10
2009 - 11-12-7

Would you take either or these coaches now?

Do you think these guys improved so dramatically as coaches that their records reflect their improvement or their rosters?

Just food for thought. Good luck with the show.

Super
11-29-2013, 12:25 AM
I just finished listening to the show, recorded obviously. I really enjoyed it. I hope to hear lots of TFC talk on future shows as well.

gdg_9
11-29-2013, 01:07 AM
Just finished listening to the show online.
Really enjoyed it!

As others have said, the "umms" and "ahhs" can get a bit distracting, but I think that comes with nerves and should get better with practice and comfort.
I think John started to settle in and get more comfortable as the show went on, especially once Sharman joined.

Look forward to next week!
Hopefully they'll be more TFC news to talk about!

tictoc
11-29-2013, 09:42 AM
I liked the new pod and will listen next week! Nice work John and James.

MKR
11-29-2013, 09:54 AM
caught part of it. I really like James Sharman. Overall a good show.

johnmolinaro
11-29-2013, 10:01 AM

Agreed. I've never done this before. I'll try to improve.

johnmolinaro
11-29-2013, 10:05 AM

1) Pause if you need to collect your thoughts. Ah isn't a good spacer. Leave that to Lee Godfrey
2) The host is suppose to be the creator of energy and emotional conversation... You're reserved and analytical in nature.

Peter Vermes
2009 - 3-7-2
2010 - 11–13–6
2011 - 13–9–12

Jason Kries
2007 - 6-15-9
2008 - 10-10-10
2009 - 11-12-7

Do you think these guys improved so dramatically as coaches that their records reflect their improvement or their rosters?

Re: the ahs - I was very nervous, as you can imagine. I've never done this before, so it's going to be a learning experience for me. I'll try to improve. :)

Your points about Kreis and Vermes are well taken. But my point is, TFC is not in a position to wait and see if Nelsen pans out - not after the last seven seasons. He shouldn't have been hired in the first place, IMO.

John

gdg_9
11-29-2013, 10:15 AM

Re: the ahs - I was very nervous, as you can imagine. I've never done this before, so it's going to be a learning experience for me. I'll try to improve. :)

Don't be too hard on yourself... the overall response seems to be very positive!

It was just one small note of constructive criticism.

Yohan
11-29-2013, 10:19 AM

Your points about Kreis and Vermes are well taken. But my point is, TFC is not in a position to wait and see if Nelsen pans out - not after the last seven seasons. He shouldn't have been hired in the first place, IMO.

John
I quite enjoyed the first ep. You'll get better as you do more shows. Takes a while to build up confidence when speaking in public.

I'd be interested in knowing yours and James's thoughts on potential coaches for Caps (Bradley, Robinson, et al). And re-entry draft coming up.

Greatest Ripoff
11-29-2013, 10:29 AM
Looking forward to downloading it and listening on my way to the football tomorrow.

Dreadlocks
11-29-2013, 10:34 AM
Hey John,

Listened on my commute this morning. Terrific show as I expected.

-You were your usual well spoken self but as previously posted, you tend to be a bit too reserved and analytical for the host role. loosen up a bit, maybe down a couple pints before you go on! I know this is new and you'll make adjustments.
-Sharman seemed to lighten the mood when he showed up.
-Larson's $0.02 was ok
-Less Jones was great. I'm going to order the book later today. Can't wait to read more about the past to give me something to be proud about.
-av'in it not av'in it has got to go. Waste of time IMO

johnmolinaro
11-29-2013, 10:43 AM
Hey John,

Listened on my commute this morning. Terrific show as I expected.

-You were your usual well spoken self but as previously posted, you tend to be a bit too reserved and analytical for the host role. loosen up a bit, maybe down a couple pints before you go on! I know this is new and you'll make adjustments.
-Sharman seemed to lighten the mood when he showed up.
-Larson's $0.02 was ok
-Less Jones was great. I'm going to order the book later today. Can't wait to read more about the past to give me something to be proud about.
-av'in it not av'in it has got to go. Waste of time IMO

Thanks for feedback.

Your point about loosening up is valid, but I am by nature a very reserved and sober person. I can only be who I am - I don't want to be this gregarious host. That's not my style.

John

Dreadlocks
11-29-2013, 11:07 AM
Thanks for feedback.

Your point about loosening up is valid, but I am by nature a very reserved and sober person. I can only be who I am - I don't want to be this gregarious host. That's not my style.

John

Very true John. Keep up the good work!

While I have you, care to weigh in on this perceived "anti-Italian" mentality associated with TFC that some have discussed?

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?34955-TFC-2013-2014-Off-Season-player-moves-speculation-rumours-etc-thread&p=1623581#post1623581

Since you are of Italian decent I just wanted your take.

Richard
11-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Hello John.

I just wanted to say thanks for actively posting and being a part of the TFC community.

Good luck with the show and I look forward to listening to the first episode later today.

Marc"2L"
11-29-2013, 11:23 AM

I meant that with the most respect, as in, I'm sure you can do better, just work in front of the mirror type thing.
Not bad for a scribe, and honestly, would rather be able to call my self a journalist then a talking head.

prizby
11-29-2013, 11:27 AM
Thanks for feedback.

John

first show jitters or whatever; as more shows go on, i expect you'll become more comfortable at what you do; I don't think it'll be an issue really

prizby
11-29-2013, 11:29 AM

Peter Vermes
2009 - 3-7-2
2010 - 11–13–6
2011 - 13–9–12

Jason Kries
2007 - 6-15-9
2008 - 10-10-10
2009 - 11-12-7

Tim Leiweke is coming from LA where he had Bruce Arena as his man...going from Arena to Nelsen and for TL to be a big proponent of Nelsen tells me TL see's something that we clearly don't

johnmolinaro
11-29-2013, 11:56 AM
Very true John. Keep up the good work!

While I have you, care to weigh in on this perceived "anti-Italian" mentality associated with TFC that some have discussed?

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?34955-TFC-2013-2014-Off-Season-player-moves-speculation-rumours-etc-thread&p=1623581#post1623581

Since you are of Italian decent I just wanted your take.

My two cents is that TFC should sign the best players available, regardless of nationality. I don't see the value in catering to the city's ethnic communities by bringing in a star player with whom they can identify.

Management's priority should not be about this, but about building a competitive team. If they can do that by signing good Italian players, that's fine. But if those players are French or Spanish or Canadian, that's fine too. This should be about getting the right players, no matter where they come from.

John

Oldtimer
11-29-2013, 12:11 PM
Glad to see you are now "locked in" to the TFC beat. You had talked of leaving it, which would have been very disappointing to us.

Like the Hotel California, you can never leave. You will share our suffering. :)

johnmolinaro
11-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Glad to see you are now "locked in" to the TFC beat. You had talked of leaving it, which would have been very disappointing to us.

Like the Hotel California, you can never leave. You will share our suffering. :)

Using my best Michael Corleone voice here: "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in."

moralis
11-29-2013, 01:33 PM
Hi John,

Do you anything about Thomas Rongen possibly leaving TFC academy and being replaced by Greg Vanney: Reported by Duane Rollins:

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?5094-Sources-Vanney-to-lead-TFC-Academy

ag futbol
11-29-2013, 02:06 PM
Good show, I enjoyed it. I think you have your priorities in the right place in terms of the subjects you covered.

DigzTFC!
11-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Tim Leiweke is coming from LA where he had Bruce Arena as his man...going from Arena to Nelsen and for TL to be a big proponent of Nelsen tells me TL see's something that we clearly don't

To be honest, most coaches would have broke character at some point with what people were saying about him. I'm surprised he never had words with John over several articles. The team was way better defensively but lacked in the final third. If we can fix the final third we will be okay. 5-6 players is enough with some help at central midfield, a winger, and a couple fullbacks and of course 2 strikers. The style will also be much more exciting with players of high caliber. It was restricted by the current roster.

The system is in place. No more loan players trying to adjust in a short window. No more releasing or selling players mid season. 85% of the squad will be ready by preseason with a manageable cap situation. I can't think of another year besides year 1 when that was the case.

This will work so long as they get players that can excel in the system. It will probably be a .525 season though as it will take some time for the team to blend.

Alonso
11-29-2013, 02:20 PM
I only caught the last half when Sharman was co-hosting and thought the episode was good.

I'll be downloading and listening to the whole episode later today.

You did just fine, and quite frankly I like the down to earth nature over the false enthusiasm that some hosts can have. I also think that the seeds that you have sown will do you well now when perhaps you might need it.

Seems like you have garnered a proper following judging from this thread.

johnmolinaro
11-29-2013, 04:16 PM
I only caught the last half when Sharman was co-hosting and thought the episode was good.

I'll be downloading and listening to the whole episode later today.

You did just fine, and quite frankly I like the down to earth nature over the false enthusiasm that some hosts can have. I also think that the seeds that you have sown will do you well now when perhaps you might need it.

Seems like you have garnered a proper following judging from this thread.

Thanks for your kind words. And thanks to others who offered kind words, as well as thoughtful critiques. All much appreciated.

John

trane
11-29-2013, 04:54 PM
My two cents is that TFC should sign the best players available, regardless of nationality. I don't see the value in catering to the city's ethnic communities by bringing in a star player with whom they can identify.

Management's priority should not be about this, but about building a competitive team. If they can do that by signing good Italian players, that's fine. But if those players are French or Spanish or Canadian, that's fine too. This should be about getting the right players, no matter where they come from.

John

This is such a politically correct statement. We need our own team in our own tradition. I am tiered of this shit. One can dream. The Bratty's should stop messing around with the hockey stadium and bring us a team.

TFC Cityboy
11-29-2013, 04:58 PM
I think you took the constructive criticism ell and acknowledged it well, John. A nervy start but unlike some poor teams we could name you got thru the first few minutes without conceding and once Sharman showed up, you came over much more confident.
Having watched you as a guest with Nigel and Bob I am confident you will grow into this role very quickly.
Agree re getting solid and entertaining guests on. I personally always prefer the dynamic when there are guests in studio rather than on the phone.

Also, while sad to see Bobby and Nige go, it did frustrate me that so much time was wasted by them off topic -infuriating. I'm sure there is room in Canada's soccer landscape for Nigel- especially with CBC having Cdn rights to Brazil and I hope and trust he lands on his feet as he is an excellent commentator.

Good luck with the show. Have you thought about having listeners call in? May be a good idea on a quiet week without studio guests, as long as you don't go out live as you know what some of us are like!
Well deserved John and good luck. I know that despite Rogers part owning TFC you will certainly hold their feet to the flames and it's good to see they have entrusted a critical journalist to this gig rather than the GOL TV/ Pravda approach which is truly unwatchable!
Cheers!

Greatest Ripoff
11-30-2013, 07:03 AM
John, is this a once a week show? I subscribed to pod and and noticed there were older pods about european football, is there a subscription just for your show on Canadian football?

BuSaPuNk
11-30-2013, 10:08 AM
John, is this a once a week show? I subscribed to pod and and noticed there were older pods about european football, is there a subscription just for your show on Canadian football?

I don't think there is. It's lumped into the Soccer Central pod as well. Doesn't bug me as I listen to that one as well. When you update just delete the ones that arnt on Thursday.

jazzy
11-30-2013, 11:26 AM
basically in a nutshell...I listened and the hour flew by...it was like talking with friends in the bar about our team (s)....I don't even remember umm's and ahh's....I mean after a heady conversation with your friends, what does one remember the agreements/disagreements or the umm's and ahhs......so I enjoyed it for what it is . Simply a interesting/entertaining get together about our loved sport . believe me the more the merrier..........I mean in this city we have complete radio mornings on hockey, in the summer. Boring

burlington Red
12-01-2013, 07:01 PM

John

who would you have hired?

CretanBull
12-01-2013, 07:08 PM

Isn't that the ultimate expression of what Canada - and especially Toronto - is? We're made up of people from everywhere, and (ideally) look at what they have to offer not where they've come from.

I understand the need/desire/obligation to develop Canadian players, but beyond that decisions made to pander to one group or to meet quotes for reasons beyond talent are doomed to fail.

ag futbol
12-02-2013, 02:02 AM
Come on, this is nothing more than the classic not-my-coach get out of jail free card he's holding on to. Don't let him bluff you into thinking he won't pay it later. I bet you good money that he will when he gets the opportunity.

PopePouri
12-02-2013, 09:59 AM
John, what happened to the Soccer Central Podcast on Sunday night?

JonO
12-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Come on, this is nothing more than the classic not-my-coach get out of jail free card he's holding on to. Don't let him bluff you into thinking he won't pay it later. I bet you good money that he will when he gets the opportunity.He may do that yet, but he was endorsing Nelsen very strongly saying that they have the same vision and are on the same page... Going to be hard to use the "not-my-coach" excuse later on...

johnmolinaro
12-02-2013, 03:21 PM
New Soccer Central podcast is up at sportsnet.ca:

@Richard_Fitz (https://twitter.com/Richard_Fitz) chats La Liga & @JeffreyCarlisle (https://twitter.com/JeffreyCarlisle) of ESPN previews MLS Cup and talks about the health of MLS as a league - http://bit.ly/1jd0E6O (http://t.co/J9YK1qkKGL)

Soccer Central Radio show will be back on FAN 590 this Thursday/Friday morning at 1am ET. Of course, it will be available on iTunes and on the Soccer Central podcast page, in case you can't listen live.

John

johnmolinaro
12-02-2013, 03:22 PM
John, what happened to the Soccer Central Podcast on Sunday night?

We're not doing it any more due to schedule conflicts. I do a podcast on Monday or Tuesday, and then we do the Soccer Central Radio show on the FAN on Thursday nights.

John

ag futbol
12-02-2013, 03:25 PM
He may do that yet, but he was endorsing Nelsen very strongly saying that they have the same vision and are on the same page... Going to be hard to use the "not-my-coach" excuse later on...
This guy gets an A+ on verbal gymnastics, I’m sure he’ll talk his way out of it.

He can easily reason that they shared a vision and he likes Ryan, but Ryan is inexperienced and not what the club needs at this time. Consequently, if he were here when they were making the hiring decision he would have picked a more seasoned candidate. Basically, "hey he's not my guy, but he was here and we felt obligated to give him a shot."

This is just repeating verbatim what I’ve said in other threads, but I’ll be fairly surprised if Ryan is the coach opening day 2015.

Jack
12-02-2013, 03:26 PM
I disagree with you on Nelsen, John. He's here now, he's got his first season under his belt (and could it have been more of a trial by fire?). There's no sense in getting rid of him now, so whether or not it was the wrong decision to hire him, I think we need to give him a fair shot with a few seasons to see how he, along with our team, develops. Yes, it has been seven years of futility, but a coaching merry-go-round would just add to that. Nelsen seems to have the character to grow into the role and, if TL can put the right tools in his hands, then we can see what he can do. Anyway, I will be sure to take some time to listen to your show! It's nice to have some coverage.

johnmolinaro
12-04-2013, 12:25 PM
We have Gerry Dobson lined up as a guest for this week's show to talk about the Canadian men's team's woes in 2013. Trying to line up another guest. Maybe Dichio.

Show airs at 1am on Thursday night/Friday morning, but will also be available on iTunes and on the show's podcast page.

John

JuliquE
12-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Show airs at 1am on Thursday night/Friday morning, but will also be available on iTunes and on the show's podcast page.

John
Would be just seven, in the evening, for one Aron Winter.

I'm just sayin'.. ^^

tictoc
12-05-2013, 07:51 AM
Would be just seven, in the evening, for one Aron Winter.

I'm just sayin'.. ^^

+1 please.

johnmolinaro
12-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Listen to last night's show (Guest: Gerry Dobson on the woes of the Canadian men's team):

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/soccer-central-radio-canadas-woes/

John

Yagbod
12-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Good segment with Gerry. Loved the stories at the end.

johnmolinaro
12-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Good segment with Gerry. Loved the stories at the end.

HA. Thanks. St Kitts was a wild, wild trip. The stories I could tell....

johnmolinaro
12-12-2013, 12:20 PM
We'll have Ryan Nelsen as a guest on tonight's show. Airs on FAN 590 at 2am on Friday. But it will be made available on iTunes and on the podcast page later this evening (around 10pm):

John

johnmolinaro
12-12-2013, 11:31 PM
We had Ryan Nelsen on the Soccer Central Radio show tonight on Fan 590. Here's the interview (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/soccer-central-radio-tfc-taking-shape/):

John

prizby
12-13-2013, 08:27 AM
We had Ryan Nelsen on the Soccer Central Radio show tonight on Fan 590. Here's the interview (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/soccer-central-radio-tfc-taking-shape/):

John

have to say John...already a massive improvement behind the mic from episode 1.

Yohan
12-20-2013, 02:25 PM
http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/soccer_central_podcast/scr_20131219_210410--Soccer-Central-Radio---December-12--Thursday.mp3

More good TFC talk on this ep

prizby
12-20-2013, 02:39 PM
http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/soccer_central_podcast/scr_20131219_210410--Soccer-Central-Radio---December-12--Thursday.mp3

More good TFC talk on this ep

i'm surprised...they talk about teams that could beat bayern...seem to have forgetten a healthy Borussia Dortmund team can beat Bayern (ie. German Super Cup)