PDA

View Full Version : Shifting the focus - TFC vs. Montreal Impact - Do or die!

Pages : [1] 2

Jack
07-20-2008, 01:24 PM
This is the biggest match in our short history.

We need to bring it from the stands and on the pitch.

Nothing less than a victory is acceptable on Tuesday night.

CanadaLFC
07-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Seconded bro ! We should be electric for this match, I got tickets in 111 for this game, so I am more than ready to bring it !! Line-up anyone ?? are Wynne and Edu available or not?

ricciboy
07-20-2008, 01:31 PM
good luck boys

ManUtd4ever
07-20-2008, 01:33 PM
I really hope the boys can pull it off. I'll be there screaming my lungs out in what should be the greatest atmosphere ever witnessed at BMO hoping to watch Jimmy B hoist our first ever piece of silverware...

C'MON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!

RealG-TFC
07-20-2008, 01:36 PM
We love Toronto, we do!
We love Toronto, we do!
We love Toronto, we do!
Ooohh Toronto we love you!

flatpicker
07-20-2008, 01:42 PM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/brushstroke-man/impact.jpg

koryo
07-20-2008, 01:43 PM
This is, bar none, the biggest, most meaningful game in this club's history to-date.

Everyone needs to be on form. Players, supporters... everyone.

Forget yesterday, what's done is done. Each and everyone of us should be hungry for Tuesday night.

Always attack, never stop, never slack.

Put those Montreal bastards down deep so that they know they're beaten.

Norn_Irn_Toffee
07-20-2008, 01:44 PM
According to Carver, Edu and Wynne will be available for Montreal and Real Salt Lake,

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080719&content_id=174056&vkey=pr_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Seconded bro ! We should be electric for this match, I got tickets in 111 for this game, so I am more than ready to bring it !! Line-up anyone ?? are Wynne and Edu available or not?

ExiledRed
07-20-2008, 01:49 PM
We have to be more intense than we've been before.

I'm hoping that the contrast in atmosphere between Kansas and Vancouver games, is true again, after that burn out yesterday.

It's hard to cheer boring, uninspiring play, but we've got to get behind every player, and force the issue of this games importance.

When they're standing around they have to be urged to fucking run. when their players are running at our goal we have to be able to create the kind of sound barrier that can freeze a striker in his tracks. (metaphorically)

The songs are getting in the way sometimes, I think. It's just as atmospheric and powerful when the crowd pays attention and boos a specific player every time he gets the ball, or shouts down a striker as he bears down on our net. You see more of this in intense games, where the chants submit to the catcalls and whistles that follow the events of play.

RedLion
07-20-2008, 01:50 PM
^ Nice work Flatpicker!

Hope the lads can pull themselves together after yesterday. This isn't going to be easy. Montreal took 6 points from Vancouver where we could only take one.
Come on TFC, let's get it done and celebrate our first ever trophy!

So, who starts up front? Ibee? I thought he did well yesterday but it's not a comfortable situation to be relying on him so heavily.

ilikemusic
07-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Well July 1st was at that point the biggest game in our history.

The fans 'brought their A game' and it didnt seem to matter a whole lot.

Im praying for a victory, and ill be there to watch the match, but I cant say I honestly have faith in this team. Theyve come out flat in every single one of these matches.

koryo
07-20-2008, 01:51 PM
The songs are getting in the way sometimes, I think. It's just as atmospheric and powerful when the crowd pays attention and boos a specific player every time he gets the ball, or shouts down a striker as he bears down on our net. You see more of this in intense games, where the chants submit to the catcalls and whistles that follow the events of play.

^^ like our players on the field, we need to get back to basics as well. Hear hear!

stretchthetruth
07-20-2008, 03:24 PM
We have to be more intense than we've been before.

I'm hoping that the contrast in atmosphere between Kansas and Vancouver games, is true again, after that burn out yesterday.

It's hard to cheer boring, uninspiring play, but we've got to get behind every player, and force the issue of this games importance.

When they're standing around they have to be urged to fucking run. when their players are running at our goal we have to be able to create the kind of sound barrier that can freeze a striker in his tracks. (metaphorically)

Brilliant. I agree that singing "La La La La La" while the opposing team is building pressure around the box just isnt causing enough of a problem for them from our end... I personally enjoy questioning the virtues of opposing players' mothers at this time... :taz:

Fiin
07-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Brilliant. I agree that singing "La La La La La" while the opposing team is building pressure around the box just isnt causing enough of a problem for them from our end... I personally enjoy questioning the virtues of opposing players' mothers at this time... :taz:

YAH!! I agree actually.. being PC is not going to hurt anyones feelings or throw them off.. or make them for a breif second go "WTF?"... we gotta bring everything but the kitchen sink, then only cause we gotta chuck a double sink at these bastards!!!!!!

Ladies Love Julius James
07-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Quick question: Is 227 an alright section to be in or is it the family section?

RealG-TFC
07-20-2008, 05:22 PM
I actually think that's the family section.

Fiin
07-20-2008, 05:23 PM

Its family but just try to get to the front.. 227 has brought on noise before!!

Ladies Love Julius James
07-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Its family but just try to get to the front.. 227 has brought on noise before!!

LOL fuck me. By halftime I'll be in the beer section.

blackandwhite
07-20-2008, 05:54 PM
already took Wednesday off... I am giving all I've got on Tuesday night.. won't be in shape to to go work the next day!!! :) come on guys!!! it's our first cup!

Cambridge_Red
07-20-2008, 05:56 PM

Family section, but you can help change that :D

egoodwin
07-20-2008, 05:56 PM
LOL fuck me. By halftime I'll be in the beer section.
forget the beer garden, just come on down to 127

Ladies Love Julius James
07-20-2008, 05:58 PM
forget the beer garden, just come on down to 127

2nd person that's told me that today...think that's what I'll do unless someone got kids or something and want to trade (hears crickets chirping)

ilikemusic
07-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Unfortunately no booking off wednesday and going bat-shit on tuesday for me. Ive got a mid-term at 9am. :confused:

Hopefully I wont be driving home miserable though.

blackandwhite
07-20-2008, 06:02 PM
We'll either be in front of gate 3 with flares or smoke OR gate 4 .....I don't even wanna talk about it.

rocker
07-20-2008, 06:04 PM
i can't wait to see Montreal pounded into the turf and that idiot coach Limniatis can go back to his great career in the USL (hate that guy's attitude).

I don't care what's happened with TFC recently. I'm seeing a solid win against a USL side that's seen it's good luck run out!

Big Bruva
07-20-2008, 06:06 PM
I was out with Marvell and Mo last night and this is true, they will be available for the match on Tuesday and against RSL

According to Carver, Edu and Wynne will be available for Montreal and Real Salt Lake,

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080719&content_id=174056&vkey=pr_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

reggie
07-20-2008, 06:12 PM
hey BB...who will be the 2 new strikers that night?

Oldtimer
07-20-2008, 06:12 PM
It's time for the slide to stop!

I wish I could be there. The soccer league I'm coaching in has a game scheduled for - you guessed it -- Tuesday at 7PM. I can't cut out, I'm the coach! However, I'll be phoning for updates whenever I get a chance.

GO TFC!!!!

TFC OZZ
07-20-2008, 06:15 PM
I don't think there's any team I hate more than Montreal from a TFC point of view. I hope we kick their asses, but part of me is worried that we won't... Give 'em hell boys!

rocker
07-20-2008, 06:15 PM
I was out with Marvell and Mo last night and this is true, they will be available for the match on Tuesday and against RSL

that's great.. montreal has no answer for Wynne.,

Vancity RED
07-20-2008, 07:02 PM
I'll be in section 225 row three for this game (ticketmaster tickets - would have loved to be in 111). Experience tells me this section could be a wee bit louder, but I plan on leaving every morsel of my vocal chords on the pitch Tuesday night. I'm really effin anxious about this game. We really need something to cheer about.

TFC Cityboy
07-20-2008, 07:12 PM
we're in the bunker...for an electric night.

greatwhitenorf
07-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Sec. 105 is The Buffer. They need an electrical jolt.

kodiakTFC
07-20-2008, 07:44 PM
im in 127 for this game, so i can contribute some vocals.

Cambridge_Red
07-20-2008, 07:45 PM
im in 127 for this game, so i can contribute some vocals.

You're with NEE you'll love it there

Pachuco
07-20-2008, 07:46 PM
All I have to say is that I would rather lose on tuesday then tie the game 0-0. We better throw everything we got at these fuckers, even if it means leaving us a little open at the back. I will lose it if Montreal gets into the next round by tying is 0-0.

Ladies Love Julius James
07-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Draw or Loss and Im going to lose it and start breaking shit.

No reason to lose to a USL team...no reason to lose on your own turf.

BC101
07-20-2008, 07:59 PM
..... as was said in the thread in the RPB members section...

Get lots of Rest Kids.Especially Monday night... Cos Tuesday we NEED to bring it HARDCORE even if our players have been calling it in lately we need to make BMO's foundations shake with our noise and passion. Its been said countless times but this is SO far the MOST important match in TFC history so lets treat it like such and bring the house down... Especially if we dun dun dun SCORE for a change at home. Singing bouncing clapping for 90 minutes...

K thanks for reading... Just yer weekly "Cup evening"out advertisement.

Toronto_Bhoy
07-20-2008, 09:21 PM
I have no doubt the TFC support will be at their finest Tuesday…it's up to the players on the pitch to get the finger out and do the business!

I will be making a special appearance in 113 for this one!

Come on you REDS!!!

Fiin
07-20-2008, 09:52 PM

Are they as big as we are told? ( I bet ones Dickov) and if you are lying to me I will throw things at you.. I know where you board the train

O-o

:P

JDG
07-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Are they as big as we are told? ( I bet ones Dickov) and if you are lying to me I will throw things at you.. I know where you board the train

O-o

:P

BB was confirming that Wynne & Edu are available to play. He was not referring to any new signings.

TorCanSoc
07-20-2008, 10:42 PM
We kept wishing and waiting for Vanc and Mtl to get into the MLS. Low and behold one season later we've got Montreal with a lot on the line. Not just some exhibtion game. Awesome. I'll be bring'n the noise boys!!

dupont
07-20-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm sitting directly behind the net for this one. I'll be singing and they will win the match. I can't wait.

Brooker
07-20-2008, 11:41 PM
Wynne is playing? PHEWWWW! that's a load off my mind.

Guevarra and Ibe with the goals. 2-0 reds. :D

Rudi
07-20-2008, 11:43 PM
U-Sector will begin marching from the Dufferin Gate at around 6:15 (hopefully along with NEE), so I'm hoping you guys join up with us as we pass Shoeless. We need to bring the old school march back, as it will set the tone for the rest of the night!

P.S. JDG, what is up with that sig line?

blackandwhite
07-20-2008, 11:46 PM
U-Sector will begin marching from the Dufferin Gate at around 6:15 (hopefully along with NEE), so I'm hoping you guys join up with us as we pass Shoeless. We need to bring the old school march back, as it will set the tone for the rest of the night!

you are asking people to part with their beers?

Rudi
07-20-2008, 11:49 PM
Not asking. Demanding.

I'll go to each bar with a megaphone if I have to.

egoodwin
07-20-2008, 11:50 PM

I agree Rudi, a march is definitely in order for that day

noochie
07-21-2008, 12:13 AM
I have an abnormal level of rage when I think of the soccer team from Montreal.

james
07-21-2008, 12:50 AM
i cant wait for Tuesday.....the crowd better get crazy!

Brooker
07-21-2008, 01:15 AM
I have an abnormal level of rage when I think of the soccer team from Montreal.

me too. i think of them as being responsible for every single terrible thing thats happend in my life. i loathe them. :taz:

Ratven
07-21-2008, 01:20 AM

It shall be epic, we should definitely coordinate to pick up the RPBs from Shoeless, and have a giant march down with all the supporters groups.

Oldtimer
07-21-2008, 08:07 AM
All the supporters need to step up the singing from the get-go. It seems like we're slipping into the "only singing when winning" trap.

Mrs. Workie
07-21-2008, 08:09 AM

There are more important things....

Tuesday is the biggest game we've ever played- I hope our team knows this. Losing is not an option.

blackandwhite
07-21-2008, 08:10 AM
more important that having a party???

Mrs. Workie
07-21-2008, 08:21 AM
more important that having a party???

It's called supporting your team in the biggest game we've ever played.

The party happens after when we win :)

Ladies Love Julius James
07-21-2008, 08:24 AM
I will end up looking like a suit. Gotta head down right after work. Hopefully after the game, doctor tells me I need a new liver and my voice is permanently fucked because that's how intense I plan on being.

Jack
07-21-2008, 09:09 AM
All the supporters need to step up the singing from the get-go. It seems like we're slipping into the "only singing when winning" trap.
I don't think this is the case. We've been bringing it early in games, but it's hard to keep up the momentum when the boys on the pitch have given so little for you to feed off. I know we've got to keep our heads up and support them, but it's a two-way street that builds and feeds off itself. It's not just the winning either. Even if you're not winning, but you feel the urgency out there, then it helps you get your blood up.

Anyway, having our blood up shouldn't be an issue for this game.

I like the march idea, Rudi, I just hope most of the people can get down to the area by 6:15.

I'll be aiming to arrive around that time once I get out of the office.

rocker
07-21-2008, 09:14 AM
i can't wait to heckle those Limp Act players!

btw, I hope Tebily is in shape and can play. He was excellent against Montreal in the first game. Shut them down consistently.

Phil
07-21-2008, 09:24 AM
Not asking. Demanding.

I'll go to each bar with a megaphone if I have to.

Bring it in Rudi. I am pumped for this game!

Denis
07-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Tomorrow needs a giant push from all concerned. Nobody can afford to slack off.

This game will go a long way towards deciding how we fare this season. Everyone needs to do their bit.

CenturySam
07-21-2008, 10:23 AM
THE KEY TO VICTORY ON TUESDAY NIGHT = THE 12 th MAN

people, can we please try and get the chants and what not in unison, so we can show our team we mean business, and make montreal wish they were back on the L'autoubus going home. if your going to spend the time and energy into chanting, then please, at least listen around for what is going on in the nearby sections or hopefully/eventually stadium wide, don't start some random chat of "fill in the blank". We need to keep the atmosphere pumped from the minute before the players hit the pitch, until at least Cunningham scores our second to go up 2-nil. (hahaha)

BigTingsGwan
07-21-2008, 10:25 AM
and pleasssssssse.... can we chant reds marching in.....just once at the beginning or something and not 7 times:)

CenturySam
07-21-2008, 10:47 AM
All the pressure is on us. It's our game to fuck up and lose. And judging by recent form, our part timer losers will find a way to end this quest.

Now, was last year's team better than this bunch at this point in the season?

no. .

rocker
07-21-2008, 10:49 AM
All the pressure is on us. It's our game to fuck up and lose. And judging by recent form, our part timer losers will find a way to end this quest.

I didn't know there were Montreal fans on this board...

Rudi
07-21-2008, 10:56 AM

Your username intrigues me...

boomcha
07-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Can't wait for the march tomorrow! I will be down at the gate RED loud and proud.

akoto
07-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Can't wait for the march tomorrow! I will be down at the gate RED loud and proud.

Just wanted to say DAMN, what an avatar!

Sorry back to the topic at hand...

AL-MO
07-21-2008, 12:27 PM
WE will be ready with banners for Montreal.

Just have to make sure that our drum and our voices are present.

BTW - we need a someone to pick up the drum....any volunteers? (PM me)

BigTingsGwan
07-21-2008, 12:30 PM
and flags..bring all your flags and all your neighbours flags..

rocker
07-21-2008, 12:34 PM
shit I haven't done any work yet today just thinking about tomorrow's game.

Bloor West FC
07-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Dammit Dammit Dammit!!!!! I finish work at 7:30!!!! Crap.... By the time I make it to BMO it will be 8pm. Errrr. Common you reds!!!!! Kick some ass tomorrow!

profit89
07-21-2008, 12:43 PM
T-O-R------O-N-T---------Ohhhhhhh-Ohhhhhhhh....

Rawkus_420
07-21-2008, 01:12 PM
and pleasssssssse.... can we chant reds marching in.....just once at the beginning or something and not 7 times:)

QFT, they only come marching in once, not continuously throughout the match......the chants lame I think anyways....once is enough.

AL-MO
07-21-2008, 01:18 PM
QFT, they only come marching in once, not continuously throughout the match......the chants lame I think anyways....once is enough.

We didn't do it that often last game, we had other new chants that we were working on. :D

Rudi
07-21-2008, 01:32 PM
We didn't do it that often last game, we had other new chants that we were working on. :D
Are you kidding? I heard it at least five times in the first half alone. It's so repetitive and soooo boring.

We're starting to overuse "TFC Allez" as well.

Jack
07-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Are you kidding? I heard it at least five times in the first half alone. It's so repetitive and soooo boring.

Especially because it's the same tune as Danny Dichio.

It makes it sound like we only have one song a la Chicago.:noidea:

blackandwhite
07-21-2008, 01:58 PM
It's also the same tune of "I drink beer all day" and "I smoke weed all day" :)

Cambridge_Red
07-21-2008, 02:04 PM
TORONTO FC ole ole ole ole ole ole ole ole ole :D MAGIC love this one.

Cashcleaner
07-21-2008, 02:09 PM
National championship on the line here, and a chance to advance into CONCACAF.

Huh? What's that? You didn't hear me?

*Ahem*

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP ON THE LINE AND CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

Did you guys get that? Good.

Jack
07-21-2008, 02:15 PM
It's also the same tune of "I drink beer all day" and "I smoke weed all day" :)

And "Fuck the Galaxy" :D

AL-MO
07-21-2008, 02:16 PM

Well I thought it was alot better than Independiente....although thats not saying much...

Rudi
07-21-2008, 02:40 PM
And "Fuck the Galaxy" :D
And "Fuck the Referee" :noidea:

RealG-TFC
07-21-2008, 02:52 PM
BTW, what was that noise I heard during the San Jose game on TV? It wasa loud, it sounded like people were spelling something.

Rudi
07-21-2008, 02:55 PM
BTW, what was that noise I heard during the San Jose game on TV? It wasa loud, it sounded like people were spelling something.

You probably heard the "Allez, allez, allez-oh!" chant that came across incredibly loudly on the CBC broadcast.

It was the only one that had 111-114 completely in sync. You can hear it on the CBC archive at minute 93 of the stream (roughly minute 60 of the actual match).

RealG-TFC
07-21-2008, 03:00 PM
that was it was great!

FluSH
07-21-2008, 03:06 PM
And "Fuck the Referee" :noidea:

can this chant be anymore diluted?!?! LOL

ExiledRed
07-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Your username intrigues me...

why? Cause it's the same name as some troll from Big Soccer?

(wasn't it the guy with the Marxists for TFC parody going on or something?)

Fuck him, we can handle him, if he tries to eat any billy goats, I'm sure.

Rudi
07-21-2008, 04:00 PM
why? Cause it's the same name as some troll from Big Soccer?

(wasn't it the guy with the Marxists for TFC parody going on or something?)

Fuck him, we can handle him, if he tries to eat any billy goats, I'm sure.
He's already admitted to being the same guy.

He was a troll at the Voyageurs long before BigSoccer. To my recollection, he's been banned from at least three Canadian soccer boards, multiple times in each case.

mclaren
07-21-2008, 04:05 PM

I think that was when the guy on the loudhaler did a call and reply to the south end - sounded fantastic but don't know what the hell he was saying from 110.

FluSH
07-21-2008, 04:07 PM
P.S. is it just me or should I have copyrights on the title of this thread...

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?t=3494

=P

BC101
07-21-2008, 04:55 PM
You probably heard the "Allez, allez, allez-oh!" chant that came across incredibly loudly on the CBC broadcast.

It was the only one that had 111-114 completely in sync. You can hear it on the CBC archive at minute 93 of the stream (roughly minute 60 of the actual match).

That was amazing... Thats rapidly becoming one of my favorite chants.. Cause its not used like 6 billion times throughout the match(not including at the tailgate or march) IE Oh when the reds... Glad that someone in Usector has noticed the disgusting overuse of it as well and it wasn't just me. Something else that bothers me is the TFC Massive we'll do it with 111 and get 2 good rounds... Then some people will try for a 3rd and a 4th WTF 2 times is enough. Anyhow hopefully we can pull off that Ultras call out better and better into the future.. I think we should have a set time in the 1st and 2nd Half to do it. Ah well hopefully the people in shoeless put their beers down and join you in the march!

RealG-TFC
07-21-2008, 05:01 PM
How does the Allez-oh go?

BC101
07-21-2008, 05:04 PM
How does the Allez-oh go?

Allez Allez Allez OH!(Crowd Repeats)
We Love you Toronto(Repeats)
Oh yes we love you Toronto(Repeats)
Allez!(repeat)
OH!(repeat)
ULTRAS(repeat)
T.O.(Repeat)
Allez!(repeat)
OH!(repeat)
ULTRAS(repeat)
T.O.(Repeat)

Rudi can correct if i got it wrong.

adamdz
07-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Allez!(repeat)
OH!(repeat)
ULTRAS(repeat)
T.O.(Repeat)
Allez!(repeat)
OH!(repeat)
ULTRAS(repeat)
T.O.(Repeat)

Ya I like this one, and the new Reds chant (they built a home/field on lakeshore). Hope those 2 get adopted quick because they are sweet.

BC101
07-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Way better than "Oh when the reds"

Rudi
07-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Allez!(repeat)
OH!(repeat)
ULTRAS(repeat)
T.O.(Repeat)
Allez!(repeat)
OH!(repeat)
ULTRAS(repeat)
T.O.(Repeat)

That's correct.

It's generally followed by a round of "T-O-R..." in what we call the Deniz Remix :D

I love that a chant started 8 years ago at Varsity Stadium is rapidly becoming one of the most popular at BMO Field now. This goes for both chants, although the" T-O-R..." one is not quite as old.

BC101
07-21-2008, 05:17 PM
That's correct.

It's generally followed by a round of "T-O-R..." in what we call the Deniz Remix :D

I love that a chant started 8 years ago at Varsity Stadium is rapidly becoming one of the most popular at BMO Field now. This goes for both chants, although the" T-O-R..." one is not quite as old.

T-O-R is so rarely used now.. We started using it again recently but oh when the reds was taking over for awhile A LONG while... Needs to go away... Yeah iam just that sick of it.

As I said though I hope one day it can be 114-113-112- doing the call and 111 110 doing the repeat... That'd be sweet. When I first actually LEARNED it was in Montreal and I thought "OHHHHH thats the one they do so sick" been pushing lately for it to be more spread glad to see Saturday's one was SO LOUD!

Thing about it was Shag A Ho and I were trying to get the Usector Mic guys attention for maybe 15 minutes to get the Ultra's call out set up hahaha. Then you guys started it when I least suspected hahaha. I think in the middle of someone in 112 starting "Oh when the reds" as usual.
Anyways Rudi what do you think of doing it in the 60th minute in the second half and maybe the 30th of the 1st????

RealG-TFC
07-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Way better than "Oh when the reds"

Ugh. Overused! PPl can't even do it right. They don't let it go into the "I want to be in the number!..."

BC101
07-21-2008, 05:20 PM
Ugh. Overused! PPl can't even do it right. They don't let it go into the "I want to be in the number!..."

They do where I stand but shit man its like every 5 minutes and thats not a exaggeration. As soon as there is a quiet moment sure enough someone in 112 or 111 will shout it out... shit man...

Rudi
07-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Anyways Rudi what do you think of doing it in the 60th minute in the second half and maybe the 30th of the 1st????
I believe it was actually Shaughno who yelled at me to do it, as I had the megaphone at the time. We passed it on to Sean as it really is "his" chant (he didn't create it, but he belts it out better than anyone else).

As for the timed thing, to be honestly I think we try too hard with the timed chants as it is. Obviously, we all love Dichio 23:13, but there is also the cross-field Massive that we do at 14 and 59.

I'd prefer to keep this one random.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-21-2008, 05:35 PM
I believe it was actually Shaughno who yelled at me to do it, as I had the megaphone at the time. We passed it on to Sean as it really is "his" chant (he didn't create it, but he belts it out better than anyone else).

As for the timed thing, to be honestly I think we try too hard with the timed chants as it is. Obviously, we all love Dichio 23:13, but there is also the cross-field Massive that we do at 14 and 59.

agreed

BC101
07-21-2008, 05:50 PM

I agree too except there will be times 112 won't hear it because well you know... Random is good as long as its not just me and Shag a Ho doing it in 112...

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-21-2008, 06:18 PM
I agree too except there will be times 112 won't hear it because well you know... Random is good as long as its not just me and Shag a Ho doing it in 112...

wow didnt know you 2 were the only ones to chant that song in 112.....

anyway let s get back on topic........and bring your foooooookin voices tomorrow.....and intensity!!!

BC101
07-21-2008, 06:19 PM
wow didnt know you 2 were the only ones to chant that song in 112.....
Well there was times this season where we were. Just lately people are starting to do it more. Don't start dumb shit for no fuckin good reason.

AL-MO
07-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Well there was times this season where we were. Just lately people are starting to do it more. Don't start dumb shit for no fuckin good reason.

not that it really matters, but I am pretty sure you aren't the only ones chanting....even on our worst days...

giambac
07-21-2008, 06:25 PM
It's time for the slide to stop!

I wish I could be there. The soccer league I'm coaching in has a game scheduled for - you guessed it -- Tuesday at 7PM. I can't cut out, I'm the coach! However, I'll be phoning for updates whenever I get a chance.

GO TFC!!!!

I should have figured. That explains your love for Carver.

For the sake of your players I hope your not as bad as Carver.

:taz:

BC101
07-21-2008, 06:25 PM
not that it really matters, but I am pretty sure you aren't the only ones chanting....even on our worst days...
Fine Jack too... I remember days in 112 where it was going on i heard Jack I heard Shags and myself while others within EYESIGHT just stood there lookin at them.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Fine Jack too... I remember days in 112 where it was going on i heard Jack I heard Shags and myself while others within EYESIGHT just stood there lookin at them.

come on brit.....im sure there is a few more....your hurting my feelings.....dig deep bro!:canada:

BC101
07-21-2008, 06:28 PM
come on brit.....im sure there is a few more....your hurting my feelings.....dig deep bro!:canada:
well you know what i meant it wasn't popular until recently... Thats all. IAM GLAD it is popular now...

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-21-2008, 06:29 PM
well you know what i meant it wasn't popular until recently... Thats all. IAM GLAD it is popular now...

AMEN to that!!!...lets bring it HARD!!! TUESday bro.....I'll be there right with you...and anyone else that wants to STEP it UP 30 notches!

giambac
07-21-2008, 06:31 PM

Jack,

I agree it is the biggest match in our short history.

However lets put things into perspective.

The CC tourny was a tournament with only 3 teams. 2 of the 3 teams are from the Useless Soccer league. It doesn't take much to win this tournament. And I belive at the beginning of it all TFC fans thought we should and would destroy our opponents from the Useless soccer league.

TFC currently sits 2nd out of 3 teams. They tied and loss to Vancouver from the Useless soccer league.

I hope they win tomorrow but if they do it's really not a big accomplishment.

TFC should have killed both Montreal and Vancouver in all their matches.

It is a huge disapointment the way they have played these teams.It should never have come to the last game for us to win this tourny.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow. Good luck TFC.

BC101
07-21-2008, 06:33 PM
AMEN to that!!!...lets bring it HARD!!! TUESday bro.....I'll be there right with you...and anyone else that wants to STEP it UP 30 notches!

Its gonna be a sleepless night tonight for me for sure.

Ladies Love Julius James
07-21-2008, 06:35 PM
I'll be in 114...going all out. Only problem is I'll be looking like a suit :(

flatpicker
07-21-2008, 06:38 PM
oh yeah... and...

Crush those Limpacts!!!!

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/brushstroke-man/impact.jpg

BigTingsGwan
07-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Jack,

I agree it is the biggest match in our short history.

However lets put things into perspective.

The CC tourny was a tournament with only 3 teams. 2 of the 3 teams are from the Useless Soccer league. It doesn't take much to win this tournament. And I belive at the beginning of it all TFC fans thought we should and would destroy our opponents from the Useless soccer league.

TFC currently sits 2nd out of 3 teams. They tied and loss to Vancouver from the Useless soccer league.

I hope they win tomorrow but if they do it's really not a big accomplishment.

TFC should have killed both Montreal and Vancouver in all their matches.

It is a huge disapointment the way they have played these teams.It should never have come to the last game for us to win this tourny.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow. Good luck TFC.

Sorry..its not a big accomplishment.. Its the biggest fucking accomplishment of our short Career... Dont try and downplay the importance of this game

Roogsy
07-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Giambac has been feeding on nothing but bitter pills for the past 2 months.

Don't worry...that ulcer he is developing will eat him up in due time.

Ladies Love Julius James
07-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Giambac has been feeding on nothing but bitter pills for the past 2 months.

Don't worry...that ulcer he is developing will eat him up in due time.

He ain't even bitter about anything but Carver LOL

He can't help but mention the guy 15x a day. I call it Carveritus

Roogsy
07-21-2008, 06:57 PM
LOL! Carver haunts his dreams.

He sees him on the street.

And when he makes love to his woman.

Carver is ruining his life. :rofl:

giambac
07-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Sorry..its not a big accomplishment.. Its the biggest fucking accomplishment of our short Career... Dont try and downplay the importance of this game

It is the biggest accomplishment of our short carrrer becasue we haven't accomplised anything yet. That's the only reason why.

Like I said from the get go there was only 3 teams in the tourney. 2 of the teams were from the USL so who are you kidding????

Be honest with yourself. Did you really think it would have come to the last game to decide the CC champion???

Next year they should include the Toronto Croatia, Toronto azzuri in the tourney. Have 6-8 teams in it so it's more meaningful.

RealG-TFC
07-21-2008, 07:11 PM
ZOMFG have you not got it through your head yet!>!>!>!??!?!?!?

USL doesn't necessarily mean bad. If anything you should have learned that from this tournament.

IF we had relegation/promotion. TFC would be playing in USL and Montreal in MLS this year. Interesting huh?

Ladies Love Julius James
07-21-2008, 07:13 PM

His wife starts off....Oh Giam Oh Giam...OH JOHNNY YOUR THE BEST.

then he comes on here and posts about how Carver is the reason he is bald.

CanadaLFC
07-21-2008, 07:17 PM
We are not some kind of English Premier League kings, that were supposed to run all over the Impact or Whitecaps. In fact, many on this board even said that it will be a tough series of games. If you look at that US Open Cup the same holds true. MLS really isn't THAT much better than USL, and the NCC and USOC prove this theory.

giambac
07-21-2008, 07:17 PM
ZOMFG have you not got it through your head yet!>!>!>!??!?!?!?

USL doesn't necessarily mean bad. If anything you should have learned that from this tournament.

IF we had relegation/promotion. TFC would be playing in USL and Montreal in MLS this year. Interesting huh?

I thought USl stood for Useless soccer league.

It is a minor league. The fact that TFC can't beat Vancouver or montreal doesn't speak to the calibre of the USl.. rather it speaks to how poorly we have bben playing under Carver.

giambac
07-21-2008, 07:19 PM
His wife starts off....Oh Giam Oh Giam...OH JOHNNY YOUR THE BEST.

then he comes on here and posts about how Carver is the reason he is bald.

Carver shouldn't be coaching. Just like he was kicked out of the English league he shouldn't be coaching here.
Carvers record is below 500 (if you include the CC games and the friendlies). That's worse than Mo's record at this time last year. Fuck that is bad.......

CanadaLFC
07-21-2008, 07:20 PM

It is a minor league. The fact that TFC can't beat Vancouver or Montreal doesn't speak to the calibre of the USl.. rather it speaks to how poorly we have bben playing under Carver.

So then according to your theory all the coaches of Chivas USA, KC Wiz, and FC Dallas should be fired too because they all lost to USL opposition in a one off ?

jayeden
07-21-2008, 07:21 PM

It is a minor league. The fact that TFC can't beat Vancouver or montreal doesn't speak to the calibre of the USl.. rather it speaks to how poorly we have bben playing under Carver.

then explain how usl teams are constantly beating/drawing mls teams thorughout north america..

BC101
07-21-2008, 07:25 PM

He sees him on the street.

DAMN IT ROOGS LOL quality hahahahaha

pubboy
07-21-2008, 07:26 PM
It sounds lame because it's sung too slow. Listen to the English teams where the song is sung, and there is real energy. When it's sung at TFC, it sounds like "Pavorotti (RIP) sings TFC terrace songs !

pubboy
07-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Carvers record is below 500 (if you include the CC games and the friendlies). That's worse than Mo's record at this time last year. Fuck that is bad.......
What the hell is "below 500" ??????????????:noidea:
This is football - not your poncy rounders or netball

RealG-TFC
07-21-2008, 07:41 PM
LOL counting friendlies! :rofl:

That's it, i'm not feeding him anymore.

jloome
07-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Would you people please stop hitting "quote" when you're squabbling with Idiot Boy; it forces those of us smart enough to have blocked his inane nonsense to acknowledge that people that dumb roam free.

werewolf
07-21-2008, 07:48 PM

Since when is 5-7-5 better then 7-8-5 ?

7/15 is better then 5/12...I did the math

p.s. Carver only coached one of the friendlies

giambac
07-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Since when is 5-7-5 better then 7-8-5 ?

7/15 is better then 5/12...I did the math

p.s. Carver only coached one of the friendlies

TFC has 6 mls regular season losses
1 CC loss
2 frienly losses

That's 9 losses in my books.
6 MLS wins
1 CC win
0 friendly wins
That's 7 wins

9 losses 7 wins.....

That's the proper math.:taz::eek::D:cool::noidea::(:mad::p

werewolf
07-21-2008, 08:05 PM
No. In regards to Carver, which the rest of your message was about, it is only 8 losses as he did not coach the second friendly.

You also failed to address how this years record is worse then last years, when a simple statistical analysis proves otherwise.

noochie
07-21-2008, 08:18 PM
People are still responding to g*****c? Interesting...

CanadaLFC
07-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Just got the e-mail from the club saying that there is under 400 tickets left !!! Attendance shall be good I think. I can't wait for tomorrow, I will be at Shoeless much before kick-off !!!

giambac
07-21-2008, 09:36 PM
No. In regards to Carver, which the rest of your message was about, it is only 8 losses as he did not coach the second friendly.

You also failed to address how this years record is worse then last years, when a simple statistical analysis proves otherwise.

whether it's 6, 7 ,8 or 9 losses that's not thepoint.

The point is that this team is only marginally better tahn the team last year at the same point in the season.

Given that wearen't an expansion team this year and given that Mo gas brought in Guevera/RR/Robert/Teliby etc our record should be alot better than it is. Not only 1 or 2 more wins.......

werewolf
07-21-2008, 09:49 PM
No. The point is that we are not worse with Carver as coach this season in comparison to last season with Mo. That was your statement that I quoted. You said we were worse, and I proved otherwise. No excuses. No changing your argument.

CanadaLFC
07-21-2008, 09:55 PM
ok can we get back on topic, I hate seeing this Giambac character ruining every thread !!

CMON YOU REDS !!

GabrielHurl
07-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Would you people please stop hitting "quote" when you're squabbling with Idiot Boy; it forces those of us smart enough to have blocked his inane nonsense to acknowledge that people that dumb roam free.

QFT..

TheFirm116
07-21-2008, 10:07 PM
We're going to do our best to blow up 116 and the rest of the west south stand tomorrow with chants and songs! Hope you guys hear us for a change.

Mrs. Workie
07-21-2008, 10:13 PM
^^^

Pray for no wind :D

jloome
07-21-2008, 10:23 PM
People are still responding to g*****c? Interesting...

Noochie, you fucking kill me man. You find everything....interesting.....

Brooker
07-21-2008, 11:31 PM
man.... im never gonna get to sleep.

FUCK THE IMPACT

giambac
07-22-2008, 08:34 AM
I have to admit that I'm not a follower of the USl (Useless Soccer league).

I was very surprised when I looked up the standings this morning and saw that the Montreal Impact are in 10th place out of a 11 team league. Their record is 5-8-3.

The fact that TFC has to win tonight to capture the CC Cup is really surprising to me. I think our boys will come thru tonight especially with the home crowd behind them. Some of our players, Guevera, RR are do for a breakthru.

However, just for a second lets think of teh unimaginable. If TFC were to lose or draw today it would be a shocker, a disgrace to this organization. Some of you are calling this the biggest game in the short history of TFC. So lets seee what they are made of. Hopefully the players come out motivated and realize how important this game is to this city, the organization and most importantlt to the tFC fans/supporters..

As the standings show, they are playing the 2nd last team in the USL. If there was such a thing as deregulation Montreal would be at risk of being demoted to the semi pro leagues.

RealG-TFC
07-22-2008, 08:38 AM
:violin:

Shaughno
07-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Why not focus on the positive's of WHEN we win tonight?

Tintin
07-22-2008, 08:48 AM
I have to agree with Giambac. I know a lot of people on this board don't like his so called negative attitude but as a true fan you cant always look at your team with Rosed color glasses. Let's be real, if TFC looses, it is a disgrace of catastrophic proporsion (sports wise of course).

He did not say that they will loose, he said IF...

Tommorow, we will analyse the game and hopfully it will be a happy and fun day!

blackandwhite
07-22-2008, 08:52 AM
If we win the cup are you gonna stop posting for a month (giambac)?

CanadaLFC
07-22-2008, 08:54 AM

No, he will still go on about firing Carver !

Kevvv
07-22-2008, 08:55 AM
RR, Guevara, I would add Robert to that list as well. Possibly even, dare I say it, Cunningham.

Robert had a decent game againt SJ, had some nice flow between him and Brennan on the left.

Cunningham has been all but run out of town, and not expected to stay on if we sign a striker. Last season he had a hernia, but he started the season with 3 goals in 7 games for RSL. The year before he had 16 goals, and 12 the year before. The point is, the 96 goals he has accumulated did not all happen in some misty past when the MSL was starting up.

Shaughno
07-22-2008, 08:57 AM
I have to agree with Giambac. I know a lot of people on this board don't like his so called negative attitude but as a true fan you cant always look at your team with Rosed color glasses. Let's be real, if TFC looses, it is a disgrace of catastrophic proporsion (sports wise of course).

He did not say that they will loose, he said IF...

Tommorow, we will analyse the game and hopfully it will be a happy and fun day!

As a supporter I take all aspects into play, but I fail to *ON GAME DAY* resort to negative outcomes. I have been saying for weeks how important this game is and how devestated I would be if we lose. Today, is NOT the day for negativity. Today, is the day we WIN THE CUP.

giambac
07-22-2008, 09:00 AM
Why not focus on the positive's of WHEN we win tonight?

Shaughno,

I hope they win tonight. I will be there with 4 of my buddies wearing the red and yelling all night. I think they will come thru becasue they realize the importance of the match for the organization and it's fans.

However, like i said if they don't come thru it would be a disgrace. Their is no reason not to beat the 2nd last place team from the USL. Let's for a second be realistic here. We aren't playing ManU. If they don't win tonight no excuses please.

blackandwhite
07-22-2008, 09:01 AM
As a supporter I take all aspects into play, but I fail to *ON GAME DAY* resort to negative outcomes. I have been saying for weeks how important this game is and how devestated I would be if we lose. Today, is NOT the day for negativity. Today, is the day we WIN THE CUP.

hahahha that's exactly who i forwarded my tickets to this morning!!

Hello XXXX XXXXX,
Thank you for using the Toronto FC Account Manager. The following ticket(s) have been forwarded via e-mail to Winthe cuptonight:

giambac
07-22-2008, 09:01 AM
RR, Guevara, I would add Robert to that list as well. Possibly even, dare I say it, Cunningham.

Robert had a decent game againt SJ, had some nice flow between him and Brennan on the left.

Cunningham has been all but run out of town, and not expected to stay on if we sign a striker. Last season he had a hernia, but he started the season with 3 goals in 7 games for RSL. The year before he had 16 goals, and 12 the year before. The point is, the 96 goals he has accumulated did not all happen in some misty past when the MSL was starting up.

It would be fitting if Cunningham finally gets his 100th goal tonight in the biggest match of the season.

Shaughno
07-22-2008, 09:03 AM
It would be fitting if Cunningham finally gets his 100th goal tonight in the biggest match of the season.

Thank you for proving your knowledge on the subject. This would hardly qualify as Cunny's 100th MLS goal...:rolleyes:

giambac
07-22-2008, 09:04 AM

Of course not.

TFC should win tonight. In my opinion it shouldn't have had to come to the final game in this tourny to wrap up the CC.

Like I said we are playing the 2nd last place team in the USL.

If and when TFC wins tonight (I think the will), they still will need a lot of work and good play to make the playoffs in the MSL. The remainder of the MLS schedule will be a tougher road for us.

noochie
07-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Noochie, you fucking kill me man. You find everything....interesting.....

I do indeed find everything interesting... hmmm... interesting ;)

olegunnar
07-22-2008, 09:09 AM
I'm anxious and not really excited.

If we win tonight it'll be more of a relief than a happy time. The fact that it's come down to the last game and we need a win, is an embarrassment.

Can you imagine if we lose this tourny. Holy crap.

I think the anxiety will make the crowd crazy. I hope I don't lose my voice in the first half.

Jay P
07-22-2008, 09:10 AM
Montreals won the Voyageurs cup every year since its began, and yeah they beat the whitecaps every year, and who did they get their 2 wins against? yup, the white caps.

USL teams have beaten MLS teams in US Open cup.. Portland beat us in a friendly last October.

Just saying that USL teams beating MLS teams... meh it happens.

but yeah tonight.... Toronto wins the cup :D

werewolf
07-22-2008, 09:12 AM
This thread is going to be merged with the already existing game thread.

giambac
07-22-2008, 09:12 AM
I'm anxious and not really excited.

If we win tonight it'll be more of a relief than a happy time. The fact that it's come down to the last game and we need a win, is an embarrassment.

Can you imagine if we lose this tourny. Holy crap.

I think the anxiety will make the crowd crazy. I hope I don't lose my voice in the first half.

I agree with this point.

TFC must win. When they do win, it will be more of a relief than an accomplishment. This was a 3 team tourny with 2 of the teams being from the USL. Anyone who takes this for more than it is is simply fooling themselves and need a reality check.

We have to win more just for the sake of not been embarassed..

Carter
07-22-2008, 09:14 AM

Cunningham couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, let alone the Goal.....

giambac
07-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Cunningham couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, let alone the Goal.....

Your right.

FluSH
07-22-2008, 09:17 AM
We have two SPECIAL Banners for today:

http://64.13.252.151/forums/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=584

Banner #1: WE VOTED OUI

Banner #2: I'll Be Damned if I can't take a Stand
We ain't going out like that

FluSH
07-22-2008, 09:18 AM
P.S. We were supposed to make 3 banners

Banner #3: Gr.9 French was a waste of time

but due to technical difficulties yesterday that won't be the case =(

Ladies Love Julius James
07-22-2008, 09:19 AM
FUCKIN love the first one.....amazing.

olegunnar
07-22-2008, 09:20 AM
I agree with this point.

TFC must win. When they do win, it will be more of a relief than an accomplishment. This was a 3 team tourny with 2 of the teams being from the USL. Anyone who takes this for more than it is is simply fooling themselves and need a reality check.

We have to win more just for the sake of not been embarassed..

Exactly
2008, the year the minor league teams beat the major league team.
It will be History and something that won't go away ever.

I think we'll win tonight...but the thing that gives me the shakes and has got me amped for this game is not the stupid nutralite voyaguers csa usl mls carlsberg 3 teams one cup cup...it's the fear of losing.

Hopefully it's 3-0 by halftime and we can party in the 2nd half and release the tension.

blackandwhite
07-22-2008, 09:20 AM
again with the politics!!! I didn't vote Oui!

werewolf
07-22-2008, 09:22 AM
again with the politics!!! I didn't vote Oui!

Did you vote we?

blackandwhite
07-22-2008, 09:24 AM
why are they black&white?.. cuz you guys like me? :)

GabrielHurl
07-22-2008, 09:27 AM
why are they black&white?.. cuz you guys like me? :)

No - that's Schweinsteiger ;)

Shaughno
07-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Schweinsteiger is black&white?!?!?!

GabrielHurl
07-22-2008, 09:32 AM
No - but there's a certain waitress at The Rhino :p

giambac
07-22-2008, 09:42 AM
P.S. We were supposed to make 3 banners

Banner #3: Gr.9 French was a waste of time

but due to technical difficulties yesterday that won't be the case =(

I didn't think grade 9 french ws a waste of time.

It helped me get my position in POLITICS:eek:

BigTingsGwan
07-22-2008, 09:47 AM
if Cunny scores tonite.. All is forgiven ahahhahahhah.

noochie
07-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Exactly
2008, the year the minor league teams beat the major league team.
It will be History and something that won't go away ever.

I think we'll win tonight...but the thing that gives me the shakes and has got me amped for this game is not the stupid nutralite voyaguers csa usl mls carlsberg 3 teams one cup cup...it's the fear of losing.

Hopefully it's 3-0 by halftime and we can party in the 2nd half and release the tension.

You know, I think clearly you have missed the importance of the message behind the cup. You dismiss it like someone bought it a Canadian Tire... there is a history there albeit a short one. And more importantly, it is the beginning of a true tradition that will carry on in this country for a long long time. Why don't you show a little respect for the people that have been at the forefront of supporting the sport in the country and this team an opportunity to cheer for something like this.

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?t=3579

olegunnar
07-22-2008, 09:55 AM
You know, I think clearly you have missed the importance of the message behind the cup. You dismiss it like someone bought it a Canadian Tire... there is a history there albeit a short one. And more importantly, it is the beginning of a true tradition that will carry on in this country for a long long time. Why don't you show a little respect for the people that have been at the forefront of supporting the sport in the country and this team an opportunity to cheer for something like this.

I think you missed the importance of who is involved to the value of a cup/tournament.

It's great that people have supported this cup, that doesn't mean that we should be excited to beat minor league teams to win the cup. Van and the frenchies should be more pumped for this as it's a step up in competition for them.

They could have a paper dixie cup for the European Championship and it wouldn't matter, it's about the competition not the cup. In this case it's only 3 teams and 2 of them are from a lower level league.

rocker
07-22-2008, 09:57 AM
there was a time when the Stanley Cup was contested by just 6 teams and barely anyone in NA played hockey outside of Canada and the northern states.
now it's kind of a big deal ;)
I don't think back then fans thought the Stanley Cup was shit cuz only 6 teams played for it. anyhow, we gotta build the fantasy, build the tradition with this thing. to play down its importance only hurts that.

profit89
07-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Depiero is tonight's ref..... i hope not!

giambac
07-22-2008, 09:59 AM

Yeah, some day the tradition of this cup will outlast the Grey Cup, even the Stanley Cup (LOL!)

Here is an idea. Why not make it a 6-8 team tournament for next year

TFC, Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto academy, Toronto Italia, Toronto Crotia, Toronto Lisbon etc etc etc.

Put as many teams as possible from Toronto so we have the best chance of winning. As the tournamnet stands now we only have a 1 out of 3 chance (33%) which is not fair.

Shaughno
07-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Yeah, some day the tradition of this cup will outlast the Grey Cup, even the Stanley Cup (LOL!)

TFC, Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto academy, Toronto Italia, Toronto Crotia, Toronto Lisbon etc etc etc.

Put as many teams as possible from Toronto so we have the best chance of winning. As the tournamnet stands now we only have a 1 out of 3 chance (33%) which is not fair.

Since when is a tournament supposed to be 'fair' towards one city? 33% chance of winning walking into a tournament is incredible odds that ANY team would love to have.

FluSH
07-22-2008, 10:03 AM
I didn't think grade 9 french ws a waste of time.

It helped me get my position in POLITICS

Unfortunately the above banner was not as popular...

Shaughno
07-22-2008, 10:04 AM
^^^ OMG... you're telling me that man, has a position in politics? No wonder all he does is spew bullshit and focus on negative aspects. :rofl: :rofl:

RealG-TFC
07-22-2008, 10:05 AM
^^ Giambac ≠ logic

giambac
07-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Since when is a tournament supposed to be 'fair' towards one city? 33% chance of winning walking into a tournament is incredible odds that ANY team would love to have.

Shaughno,

I'm being sarcastic here.

The 33% is meant to be a joke. How can you call it a Canada Cup when going into the tournament before it even starts you already have a 33% chance of winning. The set up of the tourny was a joke from the get go.

Look at the Euro for example. There is a 2 year qualifying tournament just to qualify and then there is 16 teams that make the championship. It is very difficult to win because of the # of teams and the quality of the teams. In the CC you have neuther the amount of teams or the quality.

FluSH
07-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Shaughno,

The 33% is meant to be a joke. How can you call it a Canada Cup when going into the tournament before it even starts you already have a 33% chance of winning. The set up of the tourny was a joke from the get go.

...and how can you call it the World Series when only the U.S. participates?! There are bigger fish to fry my friend... if you feel like saving the world join World Vision...

Wagner
07-22-2008, 10:12 AM
Who down plays today's game???
I'm super amped.
We can be THE FIRST CANADIAN CLUB Champions.

BOHICA Montreal.

giambac
07-22-2008, 10:12 AM
there was a time when the Stanley Cup was contested by just 6 teams and barely anyone in NA played hockey outside of Canada and the northern states.
now it's kind of a big deal ;)
I don't think back then fans thought the Stanley Cup was shit cuz only 6 teams played for it. anyhow, we gotta build the fantasy, build the tradition with this thing. to play down its importance only hurts that.

Rocker 6 teams is double the 3 teams for the CC.

Also the 6 teams are from the same league (NHL) and the calibre of each team was more or less the same.

The format for the CC includes 2 minor league teams. How can you dismiss that.
Here is an example. Why don't we set up a new Ontario Cup for Hockey. It will involve 3 teams

1) Toronto Maple Leafs
2) Oshawa Generals
3) Bramtpon Battalion

The winner of the tournamnet will be deemed the Ontario Cup champions. Fuck the Leafs may and could lose. I wouldn't be happy or estatic if they won because of the calibre of the other teams. However I would be really embarrased if they loss.

Phil
07-22-2008, 10:14 AM
We get it, you don't like the odds and think the cup is a joke. Can you stop arguing it now????

Nerepis
Shaughno,

Look at the Euro for example. There is a 2 year qualifying tournament just to qualify and then there is 16 teams that make the championship. It is very difficult to win because of the # of teams and the quality of the teams. In the CC you have neuther the amount of teams or the quality.

You have to start somewhere, and looking back 40 years from now, I would like to see TFC as the first winner.

rocker
Giambac calls it a joke yet he bought tickets to the whole tournament.. hahahah!

giambac
^^^ OMG... you're telling me that man, has a position in politics? No wonder all he does is spew bullshit and focus on negative aspects. :rofl: :rofl:

Will you vote for me???:p

I have alot of greta ideas:eek:

FluSH
07-22-2008, 10:15 AM

Well of course... seeing that our tax-dollars are very well spent by having you here post on our boards! Why wouldn't we vote for you?!:D

Fort York Redcoat
07-22-2008, 10:15 AM
I think MLS and soccer america will only want teams in the american soccer pyramid. CSL is considered academy level, right?

Toronto Lisbon? I thought it was the Supra, I mean FC Portugal...Whatever.

noochie
07-22-2008, 10:16 AM
I think you missed the importance of who is involved to the value of a cup/tournament.

It's great that people have supported this cup, that doesn't mean that we should be excited to beat minor league teams to win the cup. Van and the frenchies should be more pumped for this as it's a step up in competition for them.

They could have a paper dixie cup for the European Championship and it wouldn't matter, it's about the competition not the cup. In this case it's only 3 teams and 2 of them are from a lower level league.

That is why I stated the message... not the cup itself. Is a championship valued any less because a lower league division has at some point won it? Most have already conceeded that the quality of play is close enough between the two leagues that it shouldn't matter what badge they wear on their shoulders.

Listen, I agree that it would be gutting to lose to this team but not just because they play in USL. At the end of the day this is sport and anything can happen. It is this level of expectation that because they are in a "lower" league that it would be a disgrace to lose. They want it just as much as we do and in a lot of cases that is enough.

WHITEY
07-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Giambac calls it a joke yet he bought tickets to the whole tournament.. hahahah!

LOL, he really is a moron!

Nerepis
07-22-2008, 10:17 AM

who's Greta? She sounds like she has some great ideas.:D

FluSH
07-22-2008, 10:18 AM
P.S. There is a special CHOREO planned for tonight... if it's successful you can thank me... if it fails miserably well you can blame AL-MO

Edit: ....and if anyone bitches (cause people on the main forums love to bitch)... you can tell them to eat shit and die.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE3KdcTgrno

OneLoveOneEric
07-22-2008, 10:19 AM
I hate to admit, but I am SORT OF with giambac on this one. I'm not a rah-rah Canada nationalist type, and I also dislike the connection many try to draw between TFC and Canada, so that angle doesn't excite me. And, frankly, winning this cup won't make me forget how shitty we are in the league right now, which is my primary concern.
The FIFA club competition at the end of the road is a bit of a joke in the world as well, so beyond bringing some press to the team, I'm not sure I care about it.
That said, I'll take a win in any form right now, so hopefully it comes tonight!

giambac
07-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Well of course... seeing that our tax-dollars are very well spent by having you here post on our boards! Why wouldn't we vote for you?!:D

I'll use the tax -dollars to built you a SSS with natural grass. Shit we need more stadiums. I'll put it on the island and all the fans would have to take the ferry to cross the lake. I'll charge $10 each way for the ferry ride to cover the cost of the stadium. Still cheaper than the beer prices you are paying.

No I won't I love the field turf.......:eek:

FluSH
07-22-2008, 10:24 AM
I hate to admit, but I am SORT OF with giambac on this one. I'm not a rah-rah Canada nationalist type, and I also dislike the connection many try to draw between TFC and Canada, so that angle doesn't excite me. And, frankly, winning this cup won't make me forget how shitty we are in the league right now, which is my primary concern.
The FIFA club competition at the end of the road is a bit of a joke in the world as well, so beyond bringing some press to the team, I'm not sure I care about it.
That said, I'll take a win in any form right now, so hopefully it comes tonight!

I'll send you a postcard from NICARAGUA when TFC plays.... This is a supporter site first and foremost! Why People seem to forget this is beyond me?!!?

OneLoveOneEric
07-22-2008, 10:26 AM
I'll send you a postcard from NICARAGUA when TFC plays.... This is a supporter site first and foremost! Why People seem to forget this is beyond me?!!?

I'm not sure what you mean by this.....

giambac
07-22-2008, 10:27 AM
who's Greta? She sounds like she has some great ideas.:D

Greta was a girl I once dated.
Great stories but I'll have to leave that for another day....

Sab0tage
07-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Rocker 6 teams is double the 3 teams for the CC.

Also the 6 teams are from the same league (NHL) and the calibre of each team was more or less the same.

The format for the CC includes 2 minor league teams. How can you dismiss that.
Here is an example. Why don't we set up a new Ontario Cup for Hockey. It will involve 3 teams

1) Toronto Maple Leafs
2) Oshawa Generals
3) Bramtpon Battalion

The winner of the tournamnet will be deemed the Ontario Cup champions. Fuck the Leafs may and could lose. I wouldn't be happy or estatic if they won because of the calibre of the other teams. However I would be really embarrased if they loss. That's not a great comparison. The Generals and Battalion are both OHL teams. They only have younger prospects playing, while the Leafs (or any NHL team) have mainly older players, while at least the CC has players all in the same age range. The Whitecaps/Impact are still considered semi-pro and have the same aged players as TFC. So no, that comparison does not really make sense.

Wagner
07-22-2008, 10:30 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by this.....

Stick any anti-TFC sentiment up your arse when a lot of us are getting super amped up for what might be the biggest TFC game to date.

Don't down play today.

We are here to support TFC.
And why not stoke the fire to make the atmosphere more fun tonight!!!

I'm sure there will be bigger games in the future, but at the 1.5 year mark, this is the biggest so far.

This is a TFC supporters board.
if you want to "discuss" go to Big Soccer.

WHITEY
07-22-2008, 10:31 AM

Did you annoy the fuckl out of her as you annoy the fuck out of everybody on this board?

OneLoveOneEric
07-22-2008, 10:31 AM
^^^Sure. If that's what you want, no prob.
But in total honesty I'm really pissed off that I'm at every game yelling my lungs out and I feel like the team hasn't remotely held up their end of the bargain for the last couple of months.
So please forgive my bitterness and cynicism.

Nerepis
07-22-2008, 10:34 AM

Does sound a little off topic, let's bring it back:

Come on you REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giambac
07-22-2008, 10:34 AM
You have to start somewhere, and looking back 40 years from now, I would like to see TFC as the first winner.

yes I can see it now.

4O years from now hopefully we are all alive and can look back and tell our grandkids where we were on that special day July 22, 2008.

We can all rejoice and say we were at the "mistake by the lake" to cheer on TFC to their first Chamionship in their franchise history. No one ha sto know the deatils about the format or who was involve din the tournamant. Shit we can build it up, it was us against them, the English vs the French, the nationalists vs the separtists, the good guys vs the bad guys.

The conclusion will be determined tonight.

Ladies Love Julius James
07-22-2008, 10:36 AM
I fucked a Greta last night...said when you did her..you kept screaming " OH carver!"

Heathen
07-22-2008, 10:36 AM

at least you'd have a team to support then eh

giambac
07-22-2008, 10:37 AM
That's not a great comparison. The Generals and Battalion are both OHL teams. They only have younger prospects playing, while the Leafs (or any NHL team) have mainly older players, while at least the CC has players all in the same age range. The Whitecaps/Impact are still considered semi-pro and have the same aged players as TFC. So no, that comparison does not really make sense.

You said it. Semi pro.

Nerepis
07-22-2008, 10:37 AM
yes I can see it now.

4O years from now hopefully we are all alive and can look back and tell our grandkids where we were on that special day July 22, 2008.

We can all rejoice and say we were at the "mistake by the lake" to cheer on TFC to their first Chamionship in their franchise history. No one ha sto know the deatils about the format or who was involve din the tournamant. Shit we can build it up, it was us against them, the English vs the French, the nationalists vs the separtists, the good guys vs the bad guys.

The conclusion will be determined tonight.

In the end all that matters is who's name is on the Cup.

WHITEY
07-22-2008, 10:38 AM
I fucked a Greta last night...said when you did her..you kept screaming " OH carver!"

:lol:

olegunnar
07-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Stick any anti-TFC sentiment up your arse when a lot of us are getting super amped up for what might be the biggest TFC game to date.

Don't down play today.

We are here to support TFC.
And why not stoke the fire to make the atmosphere more fun tonight!!!

I'm sure there will be bigger games in the future, but at the 1.5 year mark, this is the biggest so far.

This is a TFC supporters board.
if you want to "discuss" go to Big Soccer.

That's kind of what's being discussed here.

You've got the joy luck club going on about how it would be a big accomplishment to win this. Yay team siss boom bah.

Then you've got the rest of us that want us to win this so we can take care of business, flex our muscles and be the bully that we are to the minor league twats. There's less joy in this because it's our job, it's an obligation to win this cup.

We all want a win for TFC, just different motivations.

giambac
07-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Okay,

All KIDDING ASIDE;

It is a big match for us and I shouldn't be joking and trying to take the joy and atmosphere out of tonights match.

I apologize for my sarcastic remarks for which many of you are taking way to seriously. I'm having fun here and believe or noty I'm not a POLITICIAn

LETS GO YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make us happy and proud tonight.

WE will all be celebrating tonight. I will be proud of all our boys tonight if they win. I'll be proud of everyone (except Carver that is)

OneLoveOneEric
07-22-2008, 10:44 AM
^^^Thank you, Ole!
Finally someone who gets it.

noochie
07-22-2008, 10:47 AM
That's kind of what's being discussed here.

You've got the joy luck club going on about how it would be a big accomplishment to win this. Yay team siss boom bah.

Then you've got the rest of us that want us to win this so we can take care of business, flex our muscles and be the bully that we are to the minor league twats. There's less joy in this because it's our job, it's an obligation to win this cup.

We all want a win for TFC, just different motivations.

I agree. But will take it a step further. We all want to win likely for the same reasons... we just tend to prioritize them differently ;)

That being said, I will shake anyones hand at game time and have a beer if we are cheering for the same result and singing the same tune.

rocker
07-22-2008, 11:09 AM
great lines from Ben Knight in his blog today... says it better than I can:

Did you ever read through a soccer history book, trying to imagine what those early days were like? The first FA Cup final? The opening match of the initial World Cup? Tonight, at BMO Field in Toronto, no one will have to imagine. This great beginning, this new history, will be right there on the soccer pitch – for everyone to see.

LucaGol
07-22-2008, 11:12 AM
great lines from Ben Knight in his blog today... says it better than I can:

Did you ever read through a soccer history book, trying to imagine what those early days were like? The first FA Cup final? The opening match of the initial World Cup? Tonight, at BMO Field in Toronto, no one will have to imagine. This great beginning, this new history, will be right there on the soccer pitch – for everyone to see.

Im pumped...BMO better be rocking like its never rocked before.

Forget MLS...this is not only for a Canadian title..but it gives a chance to play in the best competition in our region....a chance which many good MLS and Mexican clubs alike will not have.

Sab0tage
07-22-2008, 11:30 AM
You said it. Semi pro. Yeah, the OHL isn't semi-pro, it's junior.

FluSH
07-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Once again...

If tonight you ask WTF does that banner say... here it is:

I'll be damned if I cant take a stand
We ain't going out like that

Technorgasm
07-22-2008, 12:40 PM
"
For six consecutive seasons, that has been the Montreal Impact – and all they need is a draw tonight against Toronto FC at BMO Field to eliminate Canada's only MLS club, and make it seven-straight Voyageurs Cup victory laps."

Shaughno
07-22-2008, 12:41 PM
^^ Fuck That Shit... We Ain't Going Out Like That

Technorgasm
07-22-2008, 12:42 PM
READ THAT:

MONTREAL HAS WON THIS TROPHY 6! COUNT'em 6 FUCKING TIMES!!!

THAT LEGACY ENDS TONIGHT!!!

WE AINT GOIN OUT LIKE THAT!!!

Bloor West FC
Called in Sick to work, well because I am actually sick today. Not going to the game tonight, as my seats are also front row. My sister is now going. Anyways what channel is it on tv?

giambac
I agree. But will take it a step further. We all want to win likely for the same reasons... we just tend to prioritize them differently ;)

That being said, I will shake anyones hand at game time and have a beer if we are cheering for the same result and singing the same tune.

even with me:o

Shaughno
07-22-2008, 12:43 PM
READ THAT:

MONTREAL HAS WON THIS TROPHY 6! COUNT'em 6 FUCKING TIMES!!!

THAT LEGACY ENDS TONIGHT!!!

WE AINT GOIN OUT LIKE THAT!!!

Fucking right.

blackandwhite
07-22-2008, 12:46 PM
excuse me but that's kinda negative message too... did giambac come up with that banner???

why talk about going out..when you can make a banner about Montral ULTRAGGOTS!

Technorgasm
07-22-2008, 12:47 PM
DO. . or donot. . there is not TRY!

BRING IT HOME BOYS!! WE ARE ALL BEHIND YOU!

BMO + RPB = 12 MEN!

Tintin
07-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Called in Sick to work, well because I am actually sick today. Not going to the game tonight, as my seats are also front row. My sister is now going. Anyways what channel is it on tv?

Its on CBC BOLD. You are not going because you are afraid of being seen by your boss?:)

Technorgasm
07-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Anyone else wear some TFC schwag to work today?

yellowfellow
07-22-2008, 12:52 PM
if your boss is watching on cbc, you are safe.

RealG-TFC
07-22-2008, 12:53 PM
It's also on TLn, although I'm pretty sure it's in italian.

Jay P
07-22-2008, 12:53 PM

I got my jersey on under my dress shirt lol

FluSH
07-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Ekc-OZsSz7A

noochie
07-22-2008, 12:54 PM
even with me:o

Even with you... after all no one blames you. Its not your fault your Mommy didn't love you ;) *kidding*

Wagner
07-22-2008, 12:55 PM
I really want to bring back the stomp tonight.
it's kind of gone out of favour.
it's so awesome.
i like it when the players are coming out for the Anthems...shows we are serious.
I imagine it's somewhat intimidating sounding.

Technorgasm
07-22-2008, 12:56 PM

People askin me why Im so cold I need a scarf .

I just say:

TFC! - TFC! - TFC!

MY boss understands whats going on tonight. . and he knows that it willbe hard for me to stay past 3:30.

WE AINT GOIN OUT!

FluSH
07-22-2008, 12:57 PM
why talk about going out..when you can make a banner about Montral ULTRAGGOTS!

Those guys are not even on our radar... that would be like Little Wayne making a diss track about your local neighbourhood rapper.

noochie
07-22-2008, 12:58 PM

Find a phone booth and you are good to go.

blackandwhite
07-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Those guys are not even on our radar... that would be like Little Wayne making a diss track about your local neighbourhood rapper.

oh sorry my bad. The 5 guys who were attacked and scarves taken weren't RPB.

giambac
07-22-2008, 01:01 PM

Okay here it is,

Tomorrow's headline on the front page of the Sports section can read one of two things

1) TFC Crowned the CC Champions

OR

2) CARVER FIRED AS TFC COACH.

okay alot of you are now pissed by this comment. Hopwever take a deep breath think of it just for a minute before you respond. Look at Jack's comment.

"It is the most important game in our franchises history.
Nothing less than victory is acceptable."

So if TFC does lose or draw what are the consequences? This is a valid question. Last week at this time everyone was saying that the next 2 games were critical to the team. First it was the SJ game that everyone said we needed to win to kickstart our playoff drrive. It was a home game vs an expansion team. The right ingredients to get us out of our slump. The majority of people thought we would win. Unfortunatley we didn't and now the road to the playoff gets tougher.

Tonight is the second important game. All the marbles are up for grab. A win clinches the CC for us and we move to the next phase in the tournament. Again everyone expects us to win and thinks we should win. The players, the coach and the fans know what is at stake.

What happens idf we don't win? That means in the 2 most critical games of our season at home vs an expansion team and an USL team we couldn't prevail. Who is responsible for this. I believe finally that some people will have to question management and the coach.

Any thoughts? Forget about who is making this opinion. Be honest and look at it from an unbias point of view.

I hope that TFC wins tonight and rthe front page reads TDC crowned CC Champions.
IF they don't win then it should read Carver fired as TFC coach

FluSH
07-22-2008, 01:01 PM
oh sorry my bad. The 5 guys who were attacked and scarves taken weren't RPB.

You know exactly what I mean.... why give them the pleasure?!

That's exactly what they wanna see...

giambac
07-22-2008, 01:03 PM

I did.

giambac
07-22-2008, 01:04 PM
It's also on TLn, although I'm pretty sure it's in italian.

I would recommend this over CBC Bold

Shaughno
07-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Giambac, what did we tell you about your Fire Carver shit? You wanna spew it, go for it but keep it to 'your' thread please.

jayeden
07-22-2008, 01:10 PM
I would recommend this over CBC Bold

why, its the same camera feed, just a differnt commentator...and barely anyone from these boards watching it speaks italian..