PDA

View Full Version : .::Question for NORB

JuliquE
11-01-2013, 08:03 AM
We scored a goal in almost every home game, save for three, giving the supporters something to cheer for. Given that you always state this to be your standard for the club, were you content? Would three more goals have been enough, for you (with a max of 9 possible pts. gained, bringing our tally to 38)?

Always found it interesting that you could be so contented, so, now, I'm curious as to your outlook.

At most, if we were to win them all, we'd secure 51 pts. per season.. enough, you feel, to make the playoffs. Realistically, the most we can hope for is to win 3/4 of the home matches and draw the rest (41-43 pts.), picking up some results on the road, along the way. This season, however, has proven that scoring in every home match may not mean we won't be bottom feeders, in the standings.

Here's a poll. =)

CommradePolski
11-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Im content as long as they actually look like they can compete and not get walked all over.

Fort York Redcoat
11-01-2013, 08:26 AM
Is "w/e" = whatever?

And why is Option 1 in the second spot?

And why hasn't NORB answered yet?g:D

Oldtimer
11-01-2013, 08:29 AM
Is only the NORB allowed to vote in this poll? :confused:

Ben - D.O.W.
11-01-2013, 08:37 AM
Is only the NORB allowed to vote in this poll? :confused:

If so I feel bad I just ruined it. New poll.

JuliquE
11-01-2013, 08:49 AM
The internet is hard; I'm sorry.

The poll limits the amount of characters to 100, between all options; being scenarios, it was a bit of a challenge.. so, yes, "w/e" does, indeed, stand for "whatever."

The second option assumes the same conditions of the first, with a qualifier; again, the result of being limited to 100 characters. Thought that would be clear, but, again, my apologies.

I hadn't intended to have a poll, at first, and the title is directed at him for a little fun; anyone may respond.

I'm also missing an apostrophe after the "s" in "Supporters"; should be "Supporters' Shield or bust," but, I was unable to change it, once it went live. Hope I didn't lose anyone there, either.

Fort York Redcoat
11-01-2013, 09:36 AM
The internet is hard; I'm sorry.

The poll limits the amount of characters to 100, between all options; being scenarios, it was a bit of a challenge.. so, yes, "w/e" does, indeed, stand for "whatever."

The second option assumes the same conditions of the first, with a qualifier; again, the result of being limited to 100 characters. Thought that would be clear, but, again, my apologies.

I hadn't intended to have a poll, at first, and the title is directed at him for a little fun; anyone may respond.

I'm also missing an apostrophe after the "s" in "Supporters"; should be "Supporters' Shield or bust," but, I was unable to change it, once it went live. Hope I didn't lose anyone there, either.

Good sport, mate.

Myself, I start with the Supporters Shield and work my expectations backwards. I can't see 2 or 3 additions making this a top club automatically so I'll play it by ear. Playoffs is for Lieweke and the fans that care about the post season. I just want to see him make good on the promise. If they make the playoffs next year it means they are contenders and a hell of an improvement. Looking forward to the official announcements of signings to come.

Initial B
11-01-2013, 11:19 AM
My Desire is the Supporter's Shield, no excuses.

However, I'm open to the number of seasons required to get there. :)

Detroit_TFC
11-01-2013, 11:37 AM
There was a time when home games were reliable, to the point where the term Fortress BMO was used. That didn't get us to playoffs but it made coming to the games a bit more palatable. Getting back to some sort of home form would be good, even if that isn't the whole job IMO.

Ultra & Proud
11-01-2013, 01:53 PM
I'd take the win at home option but in the big picture, I just want to finish top 4 someday so we guarantee a home playoff match. Making the playoffs in 5th would probably end up as good for us as needing a single point in the last match of the season from the worst team in the league did.

Technorgasm
11-01-2013, 02:49 PM
We scored a goal in almost every home game, save for three, giving the supporters something to cheer for. Given that you always state this to be your standard for the club, were you content? Would three more goals have been enough, for you (with a max of 9 possible pts. gained, bringing our tally to 38)?

Always found it interesting that you could be so contented, so, now, I'm curious as to your outlook.

At most, if we were to win them all, we'd secure 51 pts. per season.. enough, you feel, to make the playoffs. Realistically, the most we can hope for is to win 3/4 of the home matches and draw the rest (41-43 pts.), picking up some results on the road, along the way. This season, however, has proven that scoring in every home match may not mean we won't be bottom feeders, in the standings.

Here's a poll. =)

I would love for us to field a competitive team.
I'd love to win more that 2-3 games a season.
I'd love to make the post season for the fist time and see a play off game at BMO field.

My expectations for this team and organization have been in the basement since year 2.
I am very satisfied with the entertainment TFC provided this season, I had a fuckin awesome time, made some new friends and solidified some established relationships.
I will continue to keep my outlook just where it is.

Lets start with the minimums and work from there.
One of our favorite past times here is to complain about the team, and this off season provides plenty of ammunition!

I'll be in the stands for every home game next season and for the foreseeable future.
If the team can produce a less frustrating and hell. . even remotely competitive product on the field, its a happy bonus.

Love
NORB

Technorgasm
11-01-2013, 02:56 PM
This coming from a guy, who had a standing bet EVERY home game.
I took the over on 2 shots on Goal.
the prize was a pint at half time.

I lost every single home game except 2, and 1 of those was heavily contested.

you read that correct. . . . I bet TFC would get OVER 2 shots on goal in the first half, and LOST every time. . except twice.

80% of the time. . I lost. . .ever time.

ChrisFizik
11-04-2013, 10:27 PM
scoring in 'almost' every home game felt like large droughts frankly......other than scoring in those few rainy games which makes for an uncomfortable cheering session (even if it is awesome still) -- we went like 2 months without a home goal to cheer for....meaning my celebration shirt stayed in my bag all those matches heh

contentment level was waaay higher previous seasons where we scored at home and furthermore of course when BMO was a fortress

Norb's outlook is an inspiration at this point honestly :cheers:

__wowza
11-09-2013, 12:11 AM
if anyone's looking for a christmas gift for him this year..

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/liverpool-xmas-jumper.jpg

Technorgasm
11-13-2013, 07:23 AM
Norb's outlook is an inspiration at this point honestly :cheers:

plenty of room on the Womp-Norb train bud.
Hop aboard!
Cant wait to start planning for game 1.

I would totally rock that sweater all day long!

Technorgasm
01-10-2014, 10:57 AM
From Shakes thread:

My passion for the squad remains at the same height it did since day one.
As does my expectations.
(score in every home game)

I look forward to being surprised with some positive results, but most of all seeing the positive impact all of this news will have on our game day experience and response to the product on the field.
Too early to say "the passion is back" but certainly the build up to this season will see ALL of us here, ALL of the SGs, ALL of the SSH, ALL of the fans, eagerly awaiting opening day.

#REDvolution
We deserve butter. . . . .and it looks like we're getting some.

Brooker
01-10-2014, 11:32 AM
I still don't know what a norb is.