PDA

View Full Version : Dero Cut By D.C.United

manitou22
10-30-2013, 07:26 PM
http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/2013/10/30/de_rosario_cut_by_dc_united.html

Ivy
10-30-2013, 07:33 PM
He's probably poisoning their locker room too - dude doesn't like to be on a losing team, and makes it known.

[NBF]
10-30-2013, 09:52 PM
He's probably poisoning their locker room too - dude doesn't like to be on a losing team, and makes it known.

It was a shit team that lost all those games. DeRosario has proven that he's a goalscorer. If anything he has lost a step that only means that he needs the rest of the team to pick up the slack and provide him with some service. He would do well as a second striker behind someone like a Koevermans or even Ryan Johnson.

He's no DP thats for sure and that was DC United's fault for making him one at the down side of his career. TFC could pick him up for less than DP value. I hope they at least consider him an attacking option. I would like to see him being used like Francesco Totti or Del Piero on his last legs.

tfcleeds
10-30-2013, 09:56 PM
Call me crazy, but let's take him back. He still has something to offer. The old regime is gone. No more cheque signing celebrations (not that I want him as a DP).

billyfly
10-30-2013, 10:01 PM
Wow. DeRo back in TFC red. I wonder.

Yohan
10-30-2013, 10:02 PM
DeRo has to go through re-entry draft first, but TFC should be able to pick him up in 2nd rd

Shakes McQueen
10-30-2013, 10:02 PM
DeRo strikes me as the type of guy with too much pride to come back here again, despite the article's suggestion that it opens the possibility. I'd be happy to have him, if there was a fit, and for the right dollar amount. The quotes from the end of that article still raise my hackles though, even after a couple of years:
"I couldn't play unhappy," he said shortly after his trade to New York. "You would expect (TFC) to keep their hometown boy as comfortable as possible. I didn't sense that."

- Scott

ensco
10-30-2013, 10:04 PM
I wanted him gone after the cheque signing thing. But anybody who doesn't want him back now is Scrooge McDuck.

It's not like bringing him in causes problems because it wrecks our chemistry - we have no chemistry.

He is one of us, love him or hate him.

If he'll come in for 200K, come on home, Number 14.

ManUtd4ever
10-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I think DeRo has too much pride to return. I'd take him as backup at AM though if the price was right.

Ivy
10-30-2013, 10:25 PM
He killed my respect with is dolla dolla bills bull shit. He's talking about being taken care of as the hometown boy, but embarrassing the club wasn't the right way to go about it. Id take Silva back before him. This is just my opinion, as a part time dero hater.

BuSaPuNk
10-30-2013, 10:28 PM
He killed my respect with is dolla dolla bills bull shit. He's talking about being taken care of as the hometown boy, but embarrassing the club wasn't the right way to go about it. Id take Silva back before him. This is just my opinion, as a part time dero hater.

Bingo. Being taken care of? This isn't the Muskoa 5 version of the leafs. Taking care of him is giving him a paycheck and DP spot like he wanted when he did his little paycheck dance. Sorry he burned this bridge. No one man is bigger than the club.

Ivy
10-30-2013, 10:33 PM
;1618965']It was a shit team that lost all those games. DeRosario has proven that he's a goalscorer. If anything he has lost a step that only means that he needs the rest of the team to pick up the slack and provide him with some service. He would do well as a second striker behind someone like a Koevermans or even Ryan Johnson

Thats crazy talk. The team has to step up for him to play?

And when did he prove to be a goal scorer? Not this year. he contributed 3 goals to DC this year (1 from a penalty), the same amount that silva scored in 3 games, and he came half way through the season. Koef was also a goal scorer, but now he can't play - times change. DeRo got injured in the CMNT game, and wasn't the same after. He also had a abductor injury that kept him out for a whole. The guy is over the hill - I wouldn't take him for more than 70k as depth. Sorry :)

Shakes McQueen
10-30-2013, 10:44 PM
I wanted him gone after the cheque signing thing. But anybody who doesn't want him back now is Scrooge McDuck.

It's not like bringing him in causes problems because it wrecks our chemistry - we have no chemistry.

He is one of us, love him or hate him.

If he'll come in for 200K, come on home, Number 14.

I feel the same way, but like I said, I just don't see him doing it unless his only other option is retirement. It might not be the same management group, but it's still MLSE.

And I too was one of the people who was fine with him being shipped out after all of the nonsense about his contract. That quote in the article about him expecting TFC to "take care of a hometown boy" just brought all of those feelings back to the surface again. But frankly, he's still a Canadian soccer icon, and I want to win more than I want to satisfy my ego over old conflicts. And if he's gotten over what happened, then I can too.

- Scott

Cashcleaner
10-31-2013, 12:04 AM
I just don't think DeRo coming back would work. Too much bad blood between him and the club. Frankly, we have so many other options open to us, I just don't see what he could offer at the moment. Hey, if he came up with a good price we could certainly discuss it, but it all sounds very unlikely.

ag futbol
10-31-2013, 12:40 AM
Ah the dichotomy of the Toronto sports fan, wants an A-type performance and a b-type personality. Does such a thing exist? Forget the talk of attitude. He's getting old and didn't come off that last injury very well. That's the bottom line here.

He'll come at a reasonable price for whoever gets him, but it won't be us. Think he will serve as an off the bench attacking option for one of his other prior clubs such as Houston or San Jose.

CSO_BBTB
10-31-2013, 02:23 AM
Setting aside his role in turning the 2010 and 2011 seasons into complete fiascoes, which in my opinion should bar him from ever having anything to do with TFC again, he's 35 now. His time is probably up. Better to look forward than sign some washed up hasbeen based on a wave of nostalgia over what he used to be able to do.

Shakes McQueen
10-31-2013, 04:10 AM
Ah the dichotomy of the Toronto sports fan, wants an A-type performance and a b-type personality. Does such a thing exist?

If by this you mean A-level results, without the alpha or "diva" personality traits, then absolutely they do. Lots of them in the NHL. Guys like Steve Nash or Jose Bautista in other sports leagues.

This phenomenon where contracts are written on napkins, and management are expected to keep players "as comfortable as possible" lest they be forced to "play unhappy", is sort of unique to soccer. Especially when "as comfortable as possible" means "I decided I want more money right now, regardless of the contract I signed". In hockey, it's almost unheard of (and extremely notable when it happens).

Of course, DeRo's situation was always complicated by accusations that he was lured here due to promises to make him a DP at a later date, by Mo. My response was always that, even if that were true, either his agent is an idiot, or he is. Who signs a multi-year deal they don't like, based on a verbal, unbinding promise to make him a made man later?

Compound that with the selfish cheque-signing incident after scoring a goal in a meaningless game, in another lost season, and I wasn't sad to see him go at the time.

I'd be perfectly willingly to forget all of that to bring him home one last time, but only at a dollar figure that makes sense for us, because he isn't the player he used to be. The guy is still a Canadian soccer hero - I just don't like how he conducted himself on a few crucial occasions.

- Scott

Initial B
10-31-2013, 08:08 AM
I just don't think DeRo coming back would work. Too much bad blood between him and the club.
How can there be any bad blood? In 2014 there will be nobody left at the Club from his last stint here except Morgan and Henry.

The one advantage of having a revolving door player/coach/management policy. :D

Joe Kool
10-31-2013, 08:17 AM
I think we have moved on and I like the direction we are going. DeRo was part of our history. I say let it be history and move on. Too much of a gamble to bring him back with his personality/ego issues he seems to have. He would not be happy to be a sub which is probably his best option at his current state of form and he wouldn't want much of a pay decrease which is not the direction we are going for players like him at his stage of career.

Kaz
10-31-2013, 08:27 AM
as a AM on a sub 200k contract sure.. he scored 3 goals last season.

ag futbol
10-31-2013, 09:17 AM
If by this you mean A-level results, without the alpha or "diva" personality traits, then absolutely they do. Lots of them in the NHL. Guys like Steve Nash or Jose Bautista in other sports leagues.

This phenomenon where contracts are written on napkins, and management are expected to keep players "as comfortable as possible" lest they be forced to "play unhappy", is sort of unique to soccer. Especially when "as comfortable as possible" means "I decided I want more money right now, regardless of the contract I signed". In hockey, it's almost unheard of (and extremely notable when it happens).

Of course, DeRo's situation was always complicated by accusations that he was lured here due to promises to make him a DP at a later date, by Mo. My response was always that, even if that were true, either his agent is an idiot, or he is. Who signs a multi-year deal they don't like, based on a verbal, unbinding promise to make him a made man later?

Compound that with the selfish cheque-signing incident after scoring a goal in a meaningless game, in another lost season, and I wasn't sad to see him go at the time.

I'd be perfectly willingly to forget all of that to bring him home one last time, but only at a dollar figure that makes sense for us, because he isn't the player he used to be. The guy is still a Canadian soccer hero - I just don't like how he conducted himself on a few crucial occasions.

- Scott
Oh I hear ya, it was somewhat of an intentionally provocative statement, but I say it to draw a line between bad managers and out of control personalities. You can't write contracts on napkins with people who will stab you in the back. Even Nash, when he had to leave Dallas because they wouldn't pay him things were pretty nasty. He wasn't above talking about it in the media.

That being said I think the majority of the superstars out there are in a diva sort of mold where they'll fly off the handle if they don't get what they want. Good organizations know how to handle stuff like that to keep people happy.

MLSE had a really poor understanding of this. These aren't run-of-the-mill corporate peons, they are rare talents. Take the most infamous example: Vince Carter's mom's sparking spot. Was it a good idea to issue in the first place? No. Was taking it away in a vindictive fashion helping anything? Certainly not. It just perpetuated a battle between the player and the team. In the grand scheme of things they were paying him 14m a season, he was the face of the franchise, if they needed to give him a stupid extra parking spot so he wouldn't cry and keep it together on the court they should have done it.

Walms
10-31-2013, 09:22 AM
Call me crazy, but let's take him back. He still has something to offer. The old regime is gone. No more cheque signing celebrations (not that I want him as a DP).

DERO to TFC, I would be onboard with that announcement

Damien
10-31-2013, 09:33 AM
I'm ok with bringing back Dero at a reduced salary... like $200k a year max.

Mr. Bigby
10-31-2013, 10:14 AM
We have the makings of a good YOUNG team that, according to the year end interviews posted, seem to be on the same page in terms of taking up a hard nosed team spirit that mirrors Nelsen's approach. I saw a very positive take from most of the interviews (even Frei and Ecks had positive things to say about Nelsen and the direction of the team). Now you want to bring back a known disruptive force who is well past his prime and who would be wanting a level of compensation likely out of balance with his current real value. I'm not willing to take that chance, based on his recent performance. Stick with the programme, FFS.

Chevy
10-31-2013, 10:20 AM
We have the makings of a good YOUNG team that, according to the year end interviews posted, seem to be on the same page in terms of taking up a hard nosed team spirit that mirrors Nelsen's approach. I saw a very positive take from most of the interviews (even Frei and Ecks had positive things to say about Nelsen and the direction of the team). Now you want to bring back a known disruptive force who is well past his prime and who would be wanting a level of compensation likely out of balance with his current real value. I'm not willing to take that chance, based on his recent performance. Stick with the programme, FFS.

This. Plus, a backup midfielder on $200k is MLS salary-cap suicide. The one thing that this club has been consistently excellent at.:)

Dreadlocks
10-31-2013, 10:44 AM
I say bring him back and make him fight for a role on a salary that fits within our budget.

TFC potentially hold all of the cards if nobody else wants him.

Super
10-31-2013, 10:57 AM
The nostalgic side of me would love to see DeRo back in Toronto. However, not sure Nelsen feels the same way.

tfcleeds
10-31-2013, 11:08 AM
I say bring him back and make him fight for a role on a salary that fits within our budget. TFC potentially hold all of the cards if nobody else wants him.This. It's not like we're oozing with talent in the midfield. If it's a choice of retirement, or coming here, I don't see the problem in signing the guy to a contract at 200K max. In all likelihood, we won't be getting all our fancy DPs right away anyway, so I see no harm in him being there to provide depth. Of course, that all depends on if he's interested.

levyashin
10-31-2013, 11:10 AM
Dero had his chance at immortality at T.F.C. screwed it up.
Great talent in his prime, fading fast.
Maybe one more season in him in this league at$100,000/$120,000.

sashavukelich
10-31-2013, 11:47 AM

that's what i was thinking. Get him in as a cheaper vet if he'd be willing. Also his production this past season was cut short by his knee injury that he's now recovered from (and from Pontius being absent)

Canary10
10-31-2013, 11:54 AM
I can't believe people are even making this suggestion. The last thing TFC needs is more head cases in the organization. Stay clear.

Oldtimer
10-31-2013, 12:12 PM

that's what i was thinking. Get him in as a cheaper vet if he'd be willing. Also his production this past season was cut short by his knee injury that he's now recovered from (and from Pontius being absent)

He'd be decent as bench strength.

Lumpy
10-31-2013, 01:01 PM
We don't need Dero back as a player but maybe we could use him as some sort of mascot. Maybe dress him up in something like a chicken suit where he could use his pantomime skills more effectively than he does on the field. He could once again perform his chicken dance routine that doesn't get much use anymore or maybe even the cheque writing thingamajig. The chicken suit would also allow him to keep his pride as nobody would be able to see him. Time to move on.

Red4ever
10-31-2013, 01:13 PM
He'll be back, he'll contribute, he'll be loved when we win.

Derko
11-01-2013, 09:57 AM
Oh no, 100 pages of Dero nonsense, here we go :drinking:

jabbronies
11-01-2013, 10:03 AM
I'd be surprised if he comes back.

Still a decent player and can contribute to this team. He's old, but he's not injury prone, so now worries there.
He shouldn't be captain - he'd be more of veteran depth - with that being said, he'd have to come in at a very low wage.

Damien
11-01-2013, 10:03 AM
How about we sign Dero and all fans get to line up and wack him with a paddle on the ass for his conduct and call it even.
Then win the MLS cup.

http://deadhomersociety.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/theptadisbands9_thumb.png?w=512&h=384

colman1860
11-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Just out of interest - what was wrong with his conduct? The team promised him a salary increase. Then they continuously refused to follow through, and eventually signed his best friend, who is significantly worse than him, and paid him way more. If I was treated that way by my employer, I'd go public with my demands too.

Oh, and bring him back. Obviously.

C.Ronaldo
11-01-2013, 10:21 AM
I was 100% on Dero's side. MLSE was in the wrong

You need spice on the team.

Dero was the most marketable player we had and we shat the bed on it.

The best players deserve the best money.

ManUtd4ever
11-01-2013, 10:35 AM
If we reacquire DeRo we definitely have to get Roogsy back on the boards.

g:D

Kaz
11-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Last season We had Rookies that were more effective then DeRo... He got injured two years ago and hasn't been the same. There are better players, and I think the Canadian replacement for DeRo is already on the TFC squad. Leave DeRo to the Americans.

boozilla
11-01-2013, 06:55 PM
If we reacquire DeRo we definitely have to get Roogsy back on the boards.

g:D
LOL. Neither is going to happen. #Mellowing with age.

Shakes McQueen
11-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Just out of interest - what was wrong with his conduct? The team promised him a salary increase. Then they continuously refused to follow through, and eventually signed his best friend, who is significantly worse than him, and paid him way more. If I was treated that way by my employer, I'd go public with my demands too.

The entire point is that you're assuming absolute truth in these "promises" that were allegedly made to him. If he was promised DP status, or a pay raise after a couple of years, then he should have refused anything but a two year contract, so he had leverage to hold them to this promise.

The idea that a player (and his agent) would willingly sign a lengthy contract at a certain dollar value, a) based on some "promise" to be compensated later, and b) when he wants that raise before the term of the offered contract is up, just strains credibility to me. Who signs a long-term deal based on unbinding "promises" for the future? Knowing full well managers can be hired or fired at any time? The only credibility this story had, were certain people on this board (with ties to DeRo), who claimed this was the case, and DeRo himself. Except he gave other quotes, where it sounded more like he thought he had the team over a barrel because he was a "hometown boy" who he expected the team to "keep happy", and that's it.

And regardless of all of that, I completely understand the visceral negative reaction to a selfish, self-aggrandizing move after scoring a goal at the end of a season in which the team didn't deliver the goods again. If he'd done it after scoring a goal to put us up 2-0 late in the MLS Cup or something, the reaction might have been a bit less negative. Even some of his most hardened supporters at the time, admitted it was a stupid move.

At any rate, there isn't much point in drudging up years old arguments that were debated for weeks here. I'd take him back, at the right price. He isn't the player he used to be.

EDIT: And yeah, paying his friend a fortune to com here and be mediocre was a bad move, in retrospect. But you know what? That's what a high-level European football pedigree buys you, instead of an MLS lifer.

- Scott

Cashcleaner
11-01-2013, 09:09 PM

There's no logic in a lot of the anti-DeRo hate. People will always remember the cheque-signing gesture (despite many agreeing with his gripe) but conveniently forget his record while he was here. Again, in one season alone DeRo either scored or assisted in scoring over half the club's total goals. He remains the club's all-time goal leader as well - bagging 32 goals in 75 appearances with a rate of 1 goal every 2.3 games. The man carried the team on his shoulders time and time again (what, no-one remembers the Miracle in Montreal anymore?) but so many choose to remain very selective about their memories.

The guy wasn't perfect by any stretch, and Shakes highlights some good points. But stat-for-stat, it's hard to knock what he achieved for us. That said, that was then and this is now. He's definitely not the player he was.

ag futbol
11-01-2013, 09:57 PM
The entire point is that you're assuming absolute truth in these "promises" that were allegedly made to him. If he was promised DP status, or a pay raise after a couple of years, then he should have refused anything but a two year contract, so he had leverage to hold them to this promise.

The idea that a player (and his agent) would willingly sign a lengthy contract at a certain dollar value, a) based on some "promise" to be compensated later, and b) when he wants that raise before the term of the offered contract is up, just strains credibility to me. Who signs a long-term deal based on unbinding "promises" for the future? Knowing full well managers can be hired or fired at any time? The only credibility this story had, were certain people on this board (with ties to DeRo), who claimed this was the case, and DeRo himself. Except he gave other quotes, where it sounded more like he thought he had the team over a barrel because he was a "hometown boy" who he expected the team to "keep happy", and that's it.

And regardless of all of that, I completely understand the visceral negative reaction to a selfish, self-aggrandizing move after scoring a goal at the end of a season in which the team didn't deliver the goods again. If he'd done it after scoring a goal to put us up 2-0 late in the MLS Cup or something, the reaction might have been a bit less negative. Even some of his most hardened supporters at the time, admitted it was a stupid move.

At any rate, there isn't much point in drudging up years old arguments that were debated for weeks here. I'd take him back, at the right price. He isn't the player he used to be.

EDIT: And yeah, paying his friend a fortune to com here and be mediocre was a bad move, in retrospect. But you know what? That's what a high-level European football pedigree buys you, instead of an MLS lifer.

- Scott
I think I'd have to come at this from the opposite site of the spectrum. It's almost certainly a slam dunk it happened. We've seen how this club handled itself under Mo Johnston and directly after. Dero wasn't the only one reporting that they reneged on agreements. Adrian Cann, Eddie Sidra, and Bas Ent all reported that the club pulled the rug out from under them with things that were said but not honoured. Furthermore, it seemed like a lot of those negotiations were done with people who remained at the club after Johnston was fired. Do they all have stupid agents? I think it has a lot to do with TFC conducting themselves outside of the realm of normal business practices. It's a cost we undoubtedly paid for later. TFC needs flexibility to negotiate things that can't be put in writing, but with a reputation for reneging on promises who will go for that? Teams that operate at their word will be able to use things like that as a tool while TFC won't.

But even if we scrap out the goodwill side of it (which is hard for us to observe from the outside) isn't the bottom line this: we ultimately came away the loser from that conflict. Dero eventually got his money and a trade and continued to produce, while we never made the playoffs and never replaced his production.

Haddy
11-01-2013, 09:59 PM
There's no logic in a lot of the anti-DeRo hate. People will always remember the cheque-signing gesture (despite many agreeing with his gripe) but conveniently forget his record while he was here. Again, in one season alone DeRo either scored or assisted in scoring over half the club's total goals. He remains the club's all-time goal leader as well - bagging 32 goals in 75 appearances with a rate of 1 goal every 2.3 games. The man carried the team on his shoulders time and time again (what, no-one remembers the Miracle in Montreal anymore?) but so many choose to remain very selective about their memories.

The guy wasn't perfect by any stretch, and Shakes highlights some good points. But stat-for-stat, it's hard to knock what he achieved for us. That said, that was then and this is now. He's definitely not the player he was.

In 2012, he scored 7 and assisted in 12. That is 19 goals at, what, 34? DC was terrible this year. The argument can be made that on a better performing team, he has value. What team that is, I don't know.

Haddy
11-01-2013, 10:02 PM
I think I'd have to come at this from the opposite site of the spectrum. It's almost certainly a slam dunk it happened. We've seen how this club handled itself under Mo Johnston and directly after. Dero wasn't the only one reporting that they reneged on agreements. Adrian Cann, Eddie Sidra, and Bas Ent all reported that the club pulled the rug out from under them with things that were said but not honoured. Furthermore, it seemed like a lot of those negotiations were done with people who remained at the club after Johnston was fired. Do they all have stupid agents? I think it has a lot to do with TFC conducting themselves outside of the realm of normal business practices. It's a cost we undoubtedly paid for later. TFC needs flexibility to negotiate things that can't be put in writing, but with a reputation for reneging on promises who will go for that? Teams that operate at their word will be able to use things like that as a tool while TFC won't.

But even if we scrap out the goodwill side of it (which is hard for us to observe from the outside) isn't the bottom line this: we ultimately came away the loser from that conflict. Dero eventually got his money and a trade and continued to produce, while we never made the playoffs and never replaced his production.

Agreed. Always seemed like a 'gentlemen's agreement' minus the gentlemen. Respect and honour goes a long way in any business.

Shakes McQueen
11-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Is it a normal business practice for a player to sign, say, a four year contract, on the promise that in two years they will re-negotiate and pay him more? In such a scenario, is it not more normal to say "I'll sign a two year contract, at which point we will renegotiate a new extension"? Especially when the former example rests on a verbal promise by a manager who can be (and was!) fired at any moment in time?

I'd never argue for a moment that our management's reputation hasn't been dragged through shit, and our handling of a few players was utterly classless - but the DeRo situation always struck me as insane, as laid out by DeRo.

There's also no question that our on-field product suffered as a result of his absence, though that's beside the point of where fault lies in his dispute with his contract, and whether fans were justified in being annoyed with him.

Anyway, like I said, I'd really like to avoid re-adjudicating this entire argument again, when it couldn't be less relevant now. I spent way too many late nights exchanging essay-length posts with people like Roogsy back then.

- Scott

SoccMan2
11-01-2013, 10:33 PM
Ya DeRo's conduct towards the last regime is being taken into question here, you mean his conduct towards those great soccer minds of the old MLSE regime guys like Anselmi and company ya those guys.

bones
11-02-2013, 07:19 AM
Signing any older player that has had injury problems is a risk. That risk affects salary. If the right "risk" salary could be hammered out I think DeRo is exactly what Nelsen is looking for. DeRo is a great example of a Canadian that "made it". Living proof that if the young Canadians we have work like professionals in all aspects like skills development, fitness, taking care of your body eating right etc etc etc (again, something DeRo is great at and is very open to share) then it only helps here. Remember, the people that are vocal at these "meet the big brass" sessions were going on and on about "hey, why aren't you giving Canadians more playing time" blah blah blah. I think from that aspect it is a fit.

Did DeRo get completely shafted by former ML$E brass? HELL YES (read above about promises of more $ then nothing and signing others for DP $ that didn't produce). While it was not good to do a cheque signing in public, I don't hate him for that. A LOT of people get influenced by the media around here and they went off on that because they knew they could make it a scandle....pppffftt.....crap.

You want to go back into memory lane about that cheque signing, then open your damn minds to the Miracle in Montreal. DeRo WILLED that to happen. He was unbelievable. He INSPIRED a bunch of non-Canadians to believe in the importance of that specific victory for ALL OF US! This is just one example of how his hard work and skill and inspiration could again be good for our club.

Sorry I don't want to sound like the "next coming..." but the man was incredible for us and I think he got the wrong end of the stick with former ML$E and media.

But back to what I said at the beginning. He is an aging player. He is still very good (as many would still want him on our National Team helping leading by example) but his salary needs to reflect an aging player that will have to do the MLS grind...sometimes on turf. It is a gamble.

OgtheDim
11-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Nope. We don't need him and can get better production from the AM position for cheaper. You don't pay $200K for bench strength.

My loyalty is to the club, and if I'm going to spend finite feelings of loyalty towards a a guy who played here for what amounts to only a little over a season and a half's worth of games, its Dichio, not DeRo.

Move on.

Btw, until he is about 44, his name will come up every year on here.

ag futbol
11-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Anyway, like I said, I'd really like to avoid re-adjudicating this entire argument again, when it couldn't be less relevant now. I spent way too many late nights exchanging essay-length posts with people like Roogsy back then.

lol, yes I noticed the average number of words per post in this thread is 250 words or so.

69Chevy396
11-02-2013, 10:37 AM
We have signed some of the biggest jerks in MLS in Harmse, Ruiz, now Convey. How would a return of Dero, who would immediately be more productive than anybody on the current roster, be a bad thing? Kanye is the biggest asshole in America, but has an army of fans. Dero scores 2 goals for TFC in is first game and becomes the fan favorite.

Thomas
11-02-2013, 11:05 AM
Nothing will take away from the great player Dero was and his great contributions to TFC, but please, no more Dero.

cwell
11-02-2013, 02:37 PM
I agree completely. Time to move on, both for the club and the player. He should start making the transition from playing soccer to the next chapter of his life.
I think we have moved on and I like the direction we are going. DeRo was part of our history. I say let it be history and move on. Too much of a gamble to bring him back with his personality/ego issues he seems to have. He would not be happy to be a sub which is probably his best option at his current state of form and he wouldn't want much of a pay decrease which is not the direction we are going for players like him at his stage of career.

cwell
11-02-2013, 02:42 PM
What have you got against Convey? From what I've seen, he performs well on the field and is well-spoken off it.
We have signed some of the biggest jerks in MLS in Harmse, Ruiz, now Convey. How would a return of Dero, who would immediately be more productive than anybody on the current roster, be a bad thing? Kanye is the biggest asshole in America, but has an army of fans. Dero scores 2 goals for TFC in is first game and becomes the fan favorite.

69Chevy396
11-02-2013, 07:29 PM
What have you got against Convey? From what I've seen, he performs well on the field and is well-spoken off it.
Just third hand info and from what I have read in this forum-Convey reported as acting like a schmuck around fans and their kids

Fort York Redcoat
11-03-2013, 05:25 PM

What's your Harmse story? Yeah the Convey thing doesn't sour me any. he just should've said "Sorry" instead of what he said. Players aren't obliged to give their shirts to just anyone who asks.

jazzy
11-04-2013, 12:31 AM
Just third hand info and from what I have read in this forum-Convey reported as acting like a schmuck around fans and their kids

it's true I heard the same story about Convey and it made me dislike him but I must say I saw him leaving after last game with his wife? , and the few kids that were there he graciously went up to them and signed anything they wanted and thanked them for the compliments , keeping his friends waiting ( who weren't interested .) so maybe we've been a bit harsh ? PS there is one group of kids that constantly bug all the players and are very pushy just to get free stuff,...AND thats all they are there for . So....to them I'd be the same , of course not to genuine fans .AND one can tell who they are .

Klinsmann
11-04-2013, 07:47 AM
What's your Harmse story? Yeah the Convey thing doesn't sour me any. he just should've said "Sorry" instead of what he said. Players aren't obliged to give their shirts to just anyone who asks.

http://the11.ca/2013/09/04/canadian-harmse-handed-whopping-six-game-ban-by-nasl-campos-suspended-for-fce-match/

Fort York Redcoat
11-04-2013, 07:52 AM
http://the11.ca/2013/09/04/canadian-harmse-handed-whopping-six-game-ban-by-nasl-campos-suspended-for-fce-match/

While this affects his rep it doesn't reflect any of the time he spent with us. Is there something else?

brad
11-04-2013, 08:26 AM

DeRo is a fan favorite as it is. Outside the small supporters clique - the man is still incredibly popular. After we traded him, my section spent the rest of the season chanting his name, calling for him to be brought back, ect. I could see them bringing him back for exactly that reason.

brad
11-04-2013, 08:28 AM
it's true I heard the same story about Convey and it made me dislike him but I must say I saw him leaving after last game with his wife? , and the few kids that were there he graciously went up to them and signed anything they wanted and thanked them for the compliments , keeping his friends waiting ( who weren't interested .) so maybe we've been a bit harsh ? PS there is one group of kids that constantly bug all the players and are very pushy just to get free stuff,...AND thats all they are there for . So....to them I'd be the same , of course not to genuine fans .AND one can tell who they are .

It's possible he was caught on a bad day. It's also possible that he was warned by the club about his conduct.

Chevy
11-04-2013, 08:47 AM
DeRo is a fan favorite as it is. Outside the small supporters clique - the man is still incredibly popular. After we traded him, my section spent the rest of the season chanting his name, calling for him to be brought back, ect. I could see them bringing him back for exactly that reason.

This would be exactly the wrong reason to bring him back. I'm near the front of the line when it comes to the Dero-bashing crew, but objectively speaking it's not a good football decision, for many reasons (Age, Cap Hit, Attitude) to have him on our club.

brad
11-04-2013, 09:12 AM
This would be exactly the wrong reason to bring him back. I'm near the front of the line when it comes to the Dero-bashing crew, but objectively speaking it's not a good football decision, for many reasons (Age, Cap Hit, Attitude) to have him on our club.

Oh I agree, but until I see consistent proof of this organization doing the right things to improve the team, I have zero faith that they will

Pookie
11-04-2013, 09:21 AM
For me, the issue was always the contract (DP status, money) and the age of the player. Skills decline with age and tying up that cash up in a player on the other side of 30 who is more likely to be injured and lose a step is a risky way to build a team. Didn't make sense to me to tie that money up in older players. Though TL's chase of 30+ DPs over the ocean seems to suggest we'd better get used to the idea.

Age gets us all, just a matter of when. We saw that with Frings. We saw that with Koevermans. Think of DeRo's progression, 2011 MLS MVP and two years later, 3 goals and cut from DC.

For 2014, DeRo on a non-DP and cap friendly contract, sure go for it.

tfcleeds
11-04-2013, 09:48 AM
I'm in favour of giving DeRo a shot at making the team, and nothing more (that's even if he's interested). Make him fight for a place. If he's not up to snuff, don't offer him a contract, simple as. He's still better than most of what we have right now, even at his age, which is the only reason why I'd consider it. He'd be a depth signing, and that's it. If he's the best we can do, I agree, we ARE in trouble. But yes, his ego probably wouldn't see him agreeing to being a bench-warmer.

jimiv
11-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Maybe Celtic will take him.

Derko
11-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Only 68 posts, you guys are really disappointing me, I thought it would be at least 150 by now:drinking:

Yohan
11-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Only 68 posts, you guys are really disappointing me, I thought it would be at least 150 by now:drinking:
it would be 150 pgs if Roogsy was here ;)

flamehawk
11-04-2013, 11:33 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/de-rosarios-life-after-dc-united/

I suppose he's just being diplomatic, but Dero claims he likes hte direction of the new management and would be open to rejoining TFC.

Chevy
11-05-2013, 09:33 AM

I suppose he's just being diplomatic, but Dero claims he likes hte direction of the new management and would be open to rejoining TFC.

Unemployment brings out the diplomat in all of us. :)

Dreadlocks
11-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Dero is not a dumb guy. He has to know if he was to return he would not be a key player and he could not command a big salary. He is a seasoned proven MLS vet who would really be useful to this team. He may be a bit older but he takes care of himself so I think he would be a great addition.

This is an entirely different team/atmosphere to when he left. Actually, you could argue that its a completely different organization. So why would he not want to come back and try again.

IMO dero should retire a red. He's one of us.

JuliquE
11-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Dero is not a dumb guy. He has to know if he was to return he would not be a key player and he could not command a big salary. He is a seasoned proven MLS vet who would really be useful to this team. He may be a bit older but he takes care of himself so I think he would be a great addition.

This is an entirely different team/atmosphere to when he left. Actually, you could argue that its a completely different organization. So why would he not want to come back and try again.

Well said; post of the day, this.

Ageroo
11-05-2013, 10:10 AM
I posted on his personal facebook page..

"Time to come back home...some good guyanese cooking in the tdot...new mangement, new vision...we need you."

Take it for what it's worth....he clicked he liked the comment, which I was surprised. I am sure he'd be open to coming back, but as most have said at the right price....I am guyanese so I will always back him regardless. I'd love to see him back here.

Dreadlocks
11-05-2013, 10:12 AM
I posted on his personal facebook page..

"Time to come back home...some good guyanese cooking in the tdot...new mangement, new vision...we need you."

Take it for what it's worth....he clicked he liked the comment, which I was surprised. I am sure he'd be open to coming back, but as most have said at the right price....I am guyanese so I will always back him regardless. I'd love to see him back here.

Me too!

Dero come home bonna!

fiji_blue
11-05-2013, 10:41 AM
IMO dero should retire a red. He's one of us. Agree 100%

Oldtimer
11-05-2013, 11:12 AM

I take it to be a trial balloon, now that his nemesis Earl Cochrane is gone. Whether Nelsen would have any interest in signing him as a footballer is another question whatsoever. As far as Tim L. bringing him in for the "home boy" marketing angle, well that ship has sailed, with disastrous results, so it will depend 100% on Nelsen wanting him for his footballing qualities.

Let bygones be bygones, I'd welcome him back if Nelsen wanted him. He is one of us.

brad
11-05-2013, 11:16 AM
I take it to be a trial balloon, now that his nemesis Earl Cochrane is gone. Whether Nelsen would have any interest in signing him as a footballer is another question whatsoever. As far as Tim L. bringing him in for the "home boy" marketing angle, well that ship has sailed, with disastrous results, so it will depend 100% on Nelsen wanting him for his footballing qualities.

In small pockets of supporters yes. In the general TFC fanbase - no. Most folks I know, and the folks in my section thought it was a huge mistake to move DeRo and wanted him back.

ManUtd4ever
11-05-2013, 11:16 AM

Hmmm...

jloome
11-05-2013, 11:46 AM
HIS LEGS ARE GONE.

Christ people, stop being so f'ing sentimental. Do We EVER want a team that wins?

DeRo is the most competitive guy in the league. If he comes here, he might SAY he's willing to be a roleplayer, but he will be lobbying, nonstop, in the dressing room, on the training pitch, in his off time. Whether it's as overt as the cheque writing or not, he will be a distraction and cause problems. On top of that, this "He's one of us" stuff is ridiculous, given that he was "one of us" for a couple of seasons then split for more money in NY and a DP deal in DC. This is the same player who went and trained with Celtic before getting clearance from his own club.

Outside of all of that, let's go back to point one. HIS LEGS ARE GONE. Does anyone here watch MLS other than TFC? He had a few moments helping them to the open cup but he does not have the speed or agility to be the player he was. He was never a teamplayer, he was a guy who could elevate his own game for long enough to turn the table. He had ONE season where his game was based around supporting other players, in Houston, and when put in that role again in NY made it clear he didn't like it. So he's not suited to mentor, either.

Just a bad idea, all the way around. He should retire gracefully as one of the league's greats. It will be a thorny distraction having him on this team right now.

Ben - D.O.W.
11-05-2013, 11:49 AM
HIS LEGS ARE GONE.

Christ people, stop being so f'ing sentimental. Do We EVER want a team that wins?

DeRo is the most competitive guy in the league. If he comes here, he might SAY he's willing to be a roleplayer, but he will be lobbying, nonstop, in the dressing room, on the training pitch, in his off time. Whether it's as overt as the cheque writing or not, he will be a distraction and cause problems. On top of that, this "He's one of us" stuff is ridiculous, given that he was "one of us" for a couple of seasons then split for more money in NY and a DP deal in DC. This is the same player who went and trained with Celtic before getting clearance from his own club.

Outside of all of that, let's go back to point one. HIS LEGS ARE GONE. Does anyone here watch MLS other than TFC? He had a few moments helping them to the open cup but he does not have the speed or agility to be the player he was. He was never a teamplayer, he was a guy who could elevate his own game for long enough to turn the table. He had ONE season where his game was based around supporting other players, in Houston, and when put in that role again in NY made it clear he didn't like it. So he's not suited to mentor, either.

Just a bad idea, all the way around. He should retire gracefully as one of the league's greats. It will be a thorny distraction having him on this team right now.

Now that is the post of the day, for me. It's not that I don't want Dero here because of all the drama last time (and I have little doubt that there would be more this time), I don't want him here because I don't think he can help this team on the pitch (and especially not for the money I'm sure he still thinks he deserves).

Oblio2
11-05-2013, 12:00 PM
IF he can contribute and, IMO he could, in a capacity of a sub, a veteran player who can help and a player who can come off the bench and score...I think we would be crazy NOT to look into it and I think he would be crazy not to want to come back here and retire as a Red.

Dreadlocks
11-05-2013, 12:10 PM
HIS LEGS ARE GONE.

Now that is the post of the day, for me. It's not that I don't want Dero here because of all the drama last time (and I have little doubt that there would be more this time), I don't want him here because I don't think he can help this team on the pitch (and especially not for the money I'm sure he still thinks he deserves).

I respectfully disagree with both of you.

As for as his level of play goes, Dero may not be the player he was but he is certainly better than Reggie Lambe and can be relied upon more than Braun or Weeds to pot the odd one when given a chance.

Regarding all the off pitch nonsense, time changes circumstances and people. The organization is different, the pretense under which he would come here under would be different and he is different.

As long as his salary expectations are inline with being a role player, there is NO reason he should not return.

Yohan
11-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Let's keep in mind that 150-200k is a starter wage in MLS.

I don't know if DeRo will accept anything less than 150k.

Ben - D.O.W.
11-05-2013, 12:18 PM
As long as his salary expectations are inline with being a role player...

Personally I think this is where we disagree. What does "inline with being a role player" mean to you? If it's > $100k there's no way that's a role player in my mind. And I can't see him ever taking less than that.

Edit - and Yohan beat me to it.

Initial B
11-05-2013, 01:07 PM
If DeRo is willing to come for the equivalent of Braun's salary or less, how is that not an upgrade from Braun?

One year contract at $95k with an option for the following year, I'd do it.

brad
11-05-2013, 01:15 PM
I respectfully disagree with both of you.

As for as his level of play goes, Dero may not be the player he was but he is certainly better than Reggie Lambe and can be relied upon more than Braun or Weeds to pot the odd one when given a chance.

Regarding all the off pitch nonsense, time changes circumstances and people. The organization is different, the pretense under which he would come here under would be different and he is different.

As long as his salary expectations are inline with being a role player, there is NO reason he should not return.

The problem with this line of reasoning is it is either Lambe/Weeds/Braun or DeRo, not Lambe/Weeds/Braun or DeRo OR that salary invested in someone else who is better.

Oldtimer
11-05-2013, 01:34 PM
OK everyone, let's not turn this into a 42 pager fist-fight over DeRo. That is so 2011! Let's be friendly instead. :grouphug:

Dreadlocks
11-05-2013, 01:57 PM
OK everyone, let's not turn this into a 42 pager fist-fight over DeRo. That is so 2011! Let's be friendly instead. :grouphug:

LOL - 100% agreed. We don't need to relive the past on here! However, I think this time around (at least the posts in this thread) we have all been constructive in stating our opinions and have been very respectful when stating a thought that contradicts someone else. I welcome a good constructive debate like this one......I didn't like it at all when we went through it in 2011.

And now for my final posted thought on this topic........

A role player imo should earn less than $100K. Will Dero come for that? I don't know - but if he won't then sorry Dero, you just don't fit in.

Taking the salary issue out of the conversation for a second, there is no doubt in my mind that he would contribute to the teams success more than some other players currently on the roster and that is my point.

Super
11-05-2013, 02:47 PM
I'm really on the fence about DeRo. On one hand I kinda would like to see DeRo, one of the best Canadians to have ever played the game + a Toronto boy, finish his career with our local club. On the other hand I worry that he would be tough to manage. All in all it might be best to pass on the chance. He'd probably end up signing with whoever pays him the most anyway.

GlenM
11-05-2013, 03:22 PM
DERO:

I like the idea of bringing him back, if were seriously enough to make other roster changes (DP's) etc to bulk up the team so he doesn't have to be a savoir like he was before.

Yes he did a stupid move in the cheque signing. (It should have never gotten to that)

He could be an AM option used for starts and also subbed in and provide veteran leadership...

Salary is salary, he's mid 30's and done it all.

He could retire now and be remembered for being a very good player.

He probably has 1-2 yrs max left.

He has nothing to prove, he doesn't have to be Captain and I think he knows his time is almost up.

The Sports show I saw today with him being interviewed was encouraging, he believes he could come back here.

I'm sure he'll weigh his options.

Doesn't everyone deserve a second chance?

I would offer him a 2 yr contract (Non DP) for 200,000 (100,000) per yr, give him a chance to retire as a RED.

GlenM

Alonso
11-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Let's keep in mind that 150-200k is a starter wage in MLS.

I don't know if DeRo will accept anything less than 150k.

THIS^^^^

If he agrees to play as a sub off the bench at around $100,000 then this is good for TFC.

I don't see him going for that, and any other scenario would be bad for TFC.

I don't see it working out, even though I would love to give him another shot at retiring here with some glory.

ag futbol
11-05-2013, 06:06 PM
If he agrees to play as a sub off the bench at around $100,000 then this is good for TFC.

I don't see him going for that, and any other scenario would be bad for TFC.
I think he'll likely sign somewhere for that kind of money, but not with TFC.

He'd be a good piece for a team that's contending and wants a backup plan in case one of their attackers goes down. TFC needs to sort other things out first before it worries about stuff like that.

Shakes McQueen
11-05-2013, 07:28 PM
I think he'll likely sign somewhere for that kind of money, but not with TFC.

He'd be a good piece for a team that's contending and wants a backup plan in case one of their attackers goes down. TFC needs to sort other things out first before it worries about stuff like that.

No way man. We are one super-sub away from an MLS Cup.

- Scott

habstfc
11-06-2013, 01:05 AM
Everyone's screaming for an AM who can give our new DP forwards service well there he is. Who better than DeRo? He's not going to settle for 100k though, get serious.

Ben - D.O.W.
11-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Everyone's screaming for an AM who can give our new DP forwards service well there he is. Who better than DeRo? He's not going to settle for 100k though, get serious.

When has Dero been that generous a player? He's not the guy looking for that great pass, he's the guy looking to score that great goal himself (which he has done plenty of in his carreer, don't get me wrong). I know it probably comes off like I keep hating on Dero, I really don't - I just don't think his type of play, for the salary he'd be looking for, at his age is what TFC needs right now. I'll quote jloome because he said it much better than I could have:

Does anyone here watch MLS other than TFC? He had a few moments helping them to the open cup but he does not have the speed or agility to be the player he was. He was never a teamplayer, he was a guy who could elevate his own game for long enough to turn the table. He had ONE season where his game was based around supporting other players, in Houston, and when put in that role again in NY made it clear he didn't like it. So he's not suited to mentor, either.

I wouldn't be counting on Dero for service. Especially since at his age he's not going to be playing 90 every game.

cwell
11-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Exactly.
HIS LEGS ARE GONE.

Yohan
11-06-2013, 09:25 AM
When has Dero been that generous a player? He's not the guy looking for that great pass, he's the guy looking to score that great goal himself (which he has done plenty of in his carreer, don't get me wrong). I know it probably comes off like I keep hating on Dero, I really don't - I just don't think his type of play, for the salary he'd be looking for, at his age is what TFC needs right now. I'll quote jloome because he said it much better than I could have:

I wouldn't be counting on Dero for service. Especially since at his age he's not going to be playing 90 every game.

7 assists in 2011, 12 assists in 2012

http://www.mlssoccer.com/players/dwayne-de-rosario

Canary10
11-06-2013, 09:33 AM

A lot of those (in 2012 at least) were second assists which wouldn't count in any other league. He has always been a black hole. Distribution is not his strength at all.

ag futbol
11-06-2013, 10:28 AM
I don't think that is necessarily true. In Houston he was a playmaker first ad a goal scorer second. TFC version was more individualistic, but was effective.

I don't have this sense of equality other people seem to when it comes to play on the field. Not everybody is capable of carrying the load offensively, especially in MLS.

ag futbol
11-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Who's going to pay more for a guy his age? You think that will get put on the table? Seems unlikely to me, maybe in the 150 range tops.

jloome
11-06-2013, 10:55 AM

12 assists in 2011 -- three teams, seven at DC.

And 2 in 24 games this year. He's done. Look at his goal per shot ratio this year compared to any other. (I'd also note I was wrong, it was San Jose where he had double digits before DC, not Houston, although in Houston they played him in central midfield.)

It wasn't like he didn't get playing time; the guy played 1,400-odd minutes for DC the season before and had 13 goals and 7 assists. In 1,600-plus last year? 3 goals, 2 assists.

When that kind of change happens to an older player and he is VISIBLY not at mobile or fast -- like, it's obvious on basic cable -- I don't see the point in trying to make him some sort of super sub or Talisman. Plus, as Ben points out, he doesn't have the temperament).

Anyway, that my last on it. Silly signing, waste of money in a capped league.

JuliquE
11-06-2013, 11:53 AM
12 assists in 2011 -- three teams, seven at DC.

And 2 in 24 games this year. He's done. Look at his goal per shot ratio this year compared to any other. (I'd also note I was wrong, it was San Jose where he had double digits before DC, not Houston, although in Houston they played him in central midfield.)

It wasn't like he didn't get playing time; the guy played 1,400-odd minutes for DC the season before and had 13 goals and 7 assists. In 1,600-plus last year? 3 goals, 2 assists.

When that kind of change happens to an older player and he is VISIBLY not at mobile or fast -- like, it's obvious on basic cable -- I don't see the point in trying to make him some sort of super sub or Talisman. Plus, as Ben points out, he doesn't have the temperament).

Anyway, that my last on it. Silly signing, waste of money in a capped league.
I'm not sure about it being such a silly signing; his pride in the city, alone, combined with having a point to prove (that he's not done) and with a new, fresh start/environment, he might have enough of a bump in form to be effective.

Say what you will.. but, at the end of the day, if he were to accept something between 90-110k, it could well be worthwhile. I'll be honest: it seems a pipe dream to expect he'll accept that.. but, it would be a chance for him to set things right, after the check-signing incident; as it is now, he will, unfortunately, be seen by a fair many as a mercenary and, whilst no one will be astonished that he, at this stage, would be on such a low salary, it will go a long way towards showing he truly cares for the club/city.

Fort York Redcoat
11-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Just saw the addidas store window. Apparently there is a basketball player that goes by d rose 4. I was very tempted.

ManUtd4ever
11-06-2013, 11:57 AM
DeRo has not been the same player since his devastating leg injury during the CMNT qualifier. It would be extremely optimistic to assume that he can regain a semblance of his previous form at his age.

That being said, I wouldn't be disappointed if TFC signed him as a late game sub in an attacking role for 100-150K with the hope that he can provide the odd magical moment, and so that he can retire as a Red.

ag futbol
11-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Not sure of how useful of a statistic shots per goal is. The overwhelming majority of possessions in soccer end in failure (ie not scoring) and the ratio just measures one form of failure against success. Without having more context I can't see the justification for quoting that ratio. Sporting KC and Colorado are both in the bottom half if we took these statistics by team. Houston is in the bottom three teams in the league.

While it does pick up efficiency in some ways, I would say it's also impacted by your style of play. So certainly not something to swear by.

brad
11-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Not sure of how useful of a statistic shots per goal is. The overwhelming majority of possessions in soccer end in failure (ie not scoring) and the ratio just measures one form of failure against success. Without having more context I can't see the justification for quoting that ratio. Sporting KC and Colorado are both in the bottom half if we took these statistics by team. Houston is in the bottom three teams in the league.

While it does pick up efficiency in some ways, I would say it's also impacted by your style of play. So certainly not something to swear by.

More context is certainly needed, but I have read in multiple places that a higher shots on goal is one of the key statistical factors linked to winning.

Cashcleaner
11-06-2013, 01:53 PM
^ Quite possibly the most profound post I have ever read on these forums. :D

Oldtimer
11-08-2013, 02:40 PM
DeRo washed up? HA!!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/de-rosario-included-in-latest-canadian-roster/

Chevy
11-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Well....we are ranked lower than Kuwait so maybe it's not that huge a deal. :)

OgtheDim
11-08-2013, 04:17 PM
In 2018, he'll play some pick up game in a Scarborough indoor facility and people will be saying he should be signed.

Alonso
11-09-2013, 02:49 PM
If only their was an MLS veteran who has won everything their is to win in this league including U.S. Open Cup, Supporters Shield, MLS Championships, MVP, Canadian Championship, Golden Boot and who is from Scarborough who happened to have recently been released from his current club.... that might be a good veteran to bring into the fold with two attacking DP's... if only.