PDA

View Full Version : Our New CAPTAIN!?

Alonso
10-29-2013, 09:57 PM
Sincerely watch this, and tell me he shouldn't be our captain next year: http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2013/10/28/danny-koevermans-october-28-2013

notthesun
10-29-2013, 11:11 PM
He shouldn't be our captain considering he won't be on the team.

Caldwell is a good captain.

backbeat
10-29-2013, 11:19 PM
I agree that Caldwell is a great captain but I love Koevs - he said it as it was and loved Toronto and i believe REALLY wanted to win for this city and our supporters - he was real

khso11
10-30-2013, 12:22 AM
I hope he stays, he loves the city, he loves the fans. He is a real guy, doesn't lie, a very straight forward guy. He wanted that one day his name will be on the wall of honour, he offered to return on non-DP contract, i think we should give him a chance to do that. I think theres still something left in him.

OgtheDim
10-30-2013, 06:20 AM
Sincerely watch this, and tell me he shouldn't be our captain next year: http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2013/10/28/danny-koevermans-october-28-2013

He shouldn't be our captain next year.

Damien
10-30-2013, 07:24 AM
He shouldn't be our captain next year.

Agree.

bones
10-30-2013, 07:40 AM
We already have a gritty solid captain. The kind I want my team to reflect all over the pitch. Having said that I would love it if Koev would re-sign for league minimum, but he won't. He already approached the club to take non-DP money to stay 1 more year but no deal so he must have been asking for too much. Koev could play hard nose in front of the net too and I loved that he didn't back down from a challenge.

Haddy
10-30-2013, 07:45 AM
Danny Koevermans = Dutch Nigel Reo-Coker, in terms of telling it like it is

jloome
10-30-2013, 12:20 PM
Danny Koevermans = Dutch Nigel Reo-Coker, in terms of telling it like it is

Which means not quite bright enough to shut the fuck up sometimes. I think he's an awesome striker (when fit) but this is also the guy who praised the living hell out of Mariner and called us "the worst team in the world" when morale was low. No, he shouldn't be our captain.

And he shouldn't come back, unless he's willing to basically play for free. He played less than a full season of games for us in three years and took home millions. Imagine how the younger cats around him in the dressing room making 35K-40K felt about that.

Slick
10-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Which means not quite bright enough to shut the fuck up sometimes. I think he's an awesome striker (when fit) but this is also the guy who praised the living hell out of Mariner and called us "the worst team in the world" when morale was low. No, he shouldn't be our captain.

And he shouldn't come back, unless he's willing to basically play for free. He played less than a full season of games for us in three years and took home millions. Imagine how the younger cats around him in the dressing room making 35K-40K felt about that.

Completely agree with the above.

Loved watching Danny K. in action, but seriously, for him to be the captain, let alone being on the team, he's got to be on board with the management.

OfficeGuy
10-31-2013, 12:35 PM
maybe it's just me.....but doesn't Tim Bezbatchenko remind you of the Agent for Liz Lemon from 30 Rock?
->10. Simon Behrens (Josh Fadem)

http://www.diytheme.com/index.php/15-30-rock-characters-that-should-return-before-the-show-ends.html

Red4ever
10-31-2013, 12:51 PM
maybe it's just me.....but doesn't Tim Bezbatchenko remind you of the Agent for Liz Lemon from 30 Rock?
->10. Simon Behrens (Josh Fadem)

http://www.diytheme.com/index.php/15-30-rock-characters-that-should-return-before-the-show-ends.html

+1. Thought the same thing. Thought it was too inside to post so I held off. haha

Pint
10-31-2013, 01:35 PM
If we are talking about who Bezbatchenko reminds you of... Timmy from rules of engagement

sashavukelich
10-31-2013, 01:57 PM

spot on.

prizby
10-31-2013, 07:19 PM
called us "the worst team in the world" when morale was low. No, he shouldn't be our captain.

you really couldn't get that he was metaphorically speaking when he said that

i got a lot of time for him...he says it as it is

jloome
10-31-2013, 10:26 PM
\

you don't have to "get that" (although obviously I didn't think he was specifically qualifying us as the worst team on Earth, no) to realize it's a dumb thing to say publicly.

shwade
10-31-2013, 10:26 PM

i got a lot of time for him...he says it as it is

Agreed. How many games in a row did we lose at that point? Was he supposed to continue sugar coating it, blame it on the refs, on the turf, on the schedule?

Technorgasm
11-01-2013, 06:04 AM
through no fault of his talent or effort Danny K was a detriment to our ambitions this year and one of the main reasons our attack was so flacid.
His contract was extremely restrictive and I for one am pleased that he will NOT be part of the 2014 roster.

Technorgasm
11-01-2013, 02:50 PM
New Captain?

#whynotNORB