PDA

View Full Version : Martin Rennie sacked

Yohan
10-28-2013, 08:23 PM
http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?4986-Frank-Yallop-set-to-be-announced-as-new-Whitecaps-manager

ag futbol
10-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Yeah... Glad it wasn't us.

Frank Yallop isn't a solution to anything

ensco
10-28-2013, 10:06 PM
I think the odds that Carl Robinson is the next TFC manager are very high.

Haddy
10-28-2013, 10:13 PM

Or at least the, what, 9th assistant?

BuSaPuNk
10-28-2013, 10:16 PM
Or at least the, what, 9th assistant?

To be honest I wouldn't have a problem with it. He would do well teaching Laba how to be that soild DM. And he knows the leauge and seemed to get a lot of of the midfield in Vancouver it's always been a problem here.

C.Ronaldo
10-29-2013, 09:09 AM
DD head coach
Carl as mid coach
DK as strikers coach
Ryan Nelson as Defence coach

one coach has never worked....lets go with 4

Fort York Redcoat
10-29-2013, 09:24 AM
DD head coach
Carl as mid coach
DK as strikers coach

g:DThis made my morning brighter. Thanks.

It's the obvious answer. A board mentality for the team owned by a board.g:D

levyashin
10-29-2013, 09:59 AM
At least we know now that Vancouver will suck big time next year.
If Montreal stay the same even better.
We only have to beat Edmonton to be the best concacaf team in Canada.

jloome
10-29-2013, 10:56 AM
g:DThis made my morning brighter. Thanks.

It's the obvious answer. A board mentality for the team owned by a board.g:D

Most other leagues DO use that setup. There's a specific field coach for each discipline and an overall head coach overseeing it, and he's usually third in line behind the manager and assistant manager.

jloome
10-29-2013, 10:57 AM

His first full-time gig, so we'd be the place. Alumni, and we never hire guys with proven experience being in charge.

ag futbol
10-29-2013, 10:58 AM
According to CSN, Camilo also gives Robinson a fair amount of credit for upping his game.

I'd take him. The thing about other young managers vs ours nobody seems to point out is that they came from the clubs they now work for. That goes a long way towards solving problems.

ensco
10-29-2013, 11:03 AM
His first full-time gig, so we'd be the place. Alumni, and we never hire guys with proven experience being in charge.

That too. But I would make an exception here.

In defence of this idea, Robinson has some credentials. We need someone who has an inkling of the issues, and what went on here. I think we're all tired of the feeling that Toronto might as well be Vladivostok to almost everyone involved in this team on field historically.

Yohan
10-30-2013, 11:27 AM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/whitecaps-not-far-off-from-being-a-contender/

Robbo is linked as potential Caps manager. It's going to kill me to see Robbo as Vancouver coach.

ag futbol
10-30-2013, 12:06 PM
So no Yallop yet...

Article again speaks highly of Robinson... That is heart breaking.

Haddy
10-31-2013, 08:33 AM
Frank Yallop is set to be named manager at CHICAGO FIRE...

http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4175/major-league-soccer/2013/10/30/4372302/chicago-fire-to-name-frank-yallop-new-head-coach?ICID=HP_HN_1

tfcmanu
10-31-2013, 10:53 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BX6m0sJCMAA-kqY.jpg....There it is!

Yohan
10-31-2013, 11:42 AM
http://www.chicago-fire.com/news/2013/10/chicago-fire-names-frank-yallop-new-head-coach-and-director-soccer

Be glad MLSE is not a cheapskate like Hauptmann

sashavukelich
10-31-2013, 11:45 AM
hahaha Chicago beats them too it. Classic.

MartinUtd
10-31-2013, 11:48 AM
Wasn't Yallop somewhat accomplished? I could be getting him mixed up with someone else though.

Yohan
10-31-2013, 12:00 PM
Wasn't Yallop somewhat accomplished? I could be getting him mixed up with someone else though.
2 MLS Cups and a Supporter's Shield...

Flipityflu
10-31-2013, 12:07 PM
DD head coach
Carl as mid coach
DK as strikers coach

you forgot about JB...the most successful coach TFC has had going by win percentage.

MartinUtd
10-31-2013, 12:14 PM
2 MLS Cups and a Supporter's Shield...

Pretty good credentials if you ask me. Or are we giving Wondolowski credit for the supporters shield and writing off the 10 year old MLS cup victories?

Yohan
10-31-2013, 01:12 PM
Pretty good credentials if you ask me. Or are we giving Wondolowski credit for the supporters shield and writing off the 10 year old MLS cup victories?
he's good, if you like hoofball soccer

ag futbol
10-31-2013, 06:29 PM
Was just watching soccer central. They started talking about Yallop and then they dropped this nugget (paraphrasing):

Yallop went to Chicago because he got the director of football role, wouldn’t get that in Vancouver with Lenarduzzi. TFC was interested in him at one point for the dual role as well.

Errm… ? That ‘s the first I’ve heard of it, unless he's talking about way back in 2007. It was a pretty ambiguous statement

mowe
10-31-2013, 06:44 PM
Was just watching soccer central. They started talking about Yallop and then they dropped this nugget (paraphrasing):

Yallop went to Chicago because he got the director of football role, wouldn’t get that in Vancouver with Lenarduzzi. TFC was interested in him at one point for the dual role as well.

Errm… ? That ‘s the first I’ve heard of it, unless he's talking about way back in 2007. It was a pretty ambiguous statement

Around the time Payne was fired and TL was looking for a replacement, there were reports that Yallop was interested in the job. But he wanted to be the coach and GM, and TL was firmly behind Nelson.

jloome
10-31-2013, 10:31 PM
http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?4986-Frank-Yallop-set-to-be-announced-as-new-Whitecaps-manager

Another wonderfully accurate piece of news from the soccer pseudopress.

Oldtimer
11-01-2013, 07:47 AM
Another wonderfully accurate piece of news from the soccer pseudopress.

NOTE TO Yohan: wait until it's reported in the real press before you start a thread!

JuliquE
11-01-2013, 08:44 AM
NOTE TO Yohan: wait until it's reported in the real press before you start a thread!
Fuckin', eh! It's not a game, ya'll.

Yohan
11-01-2013, 10:59 AM
yeah... I learned my lesson. Never start a news thread lol. Mods, please change the title to reflect Yallop signing with Chicago

tfcleeds
11-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Lost in all the excitement was the news that former Canadian international Mark Watson becomes the new manager of San Jose.

jloome
11-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Lost in all the excitement was the news that former Canadian international Mark Watson becomes the new manager of San Jose.

Watson was allegedly one of the wankers, along with DeRo, who complained about how "harsh" Holger Osieck was because he made them go to bed at a reasonable hour in Japan for the confed cup. Best coach we ever had. Did pretty darn well with the Aussies, too, until a few recent hammerings from top countries.