PDA

View Full Version : Photo with team - Thursday October 24th

WestStandGeoff
10-23-2013, 12:07 PM
I had a call yesterday from my ticket rep inviting me to have my picture taken with the team tomorrow morning up at the Kia training ground. I can't take the morning off to be up there, but am instead sending my wife and son in my place. Did anyone else get the call? Anyone going?

Joe Kool
10-23-2013, 12:28 PM
Interesting...I would be up for that if I got the call. If all season ticket holders went that would be a long line unless doing a group shot from the top of the building...interesting that you got a call though...

Phil
10-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Nope, that being said my ticket rep is gone so I am in no mans land. I am sure someone is assigned but not really sure who is doing the gap work there.

Its a interesting idea and kind of represents the desperate state of things.

WestStandGeoff
10-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Yeah, it sounded like my name was somehow chosen, but I'm not exactly sure how or why... did sound like a limited number however.

My impression is that they're having a group of SSH's getting their picture taken with the team (not individual photos), with a lunch to follow. I'll get a report from my wife tomorrow and post some details when available.

BuSaPuNk
10-23-2013, 01:41 PM
Well there will be an influx and team signed jerseys now. LoL

inheavensince07
10-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Nice to see some get the luxury .. I have had 2 seats since start but I guess I am not worthy

billyfly
10-23-2013, 03:37 PM
I wouldn't go anywayz.

glaze
10-23-2013, 04:31 PM
Interesting that we are about to play the final game, and there has been no outreach by the team on renewal. I know they sent out the "save your spot and decide in the winter" e-mail, but you'd think there would at least be some major fan appreciation push. Seems like their approach is to just completely ignore the situation and hope that we all just forget this season ever happened.

When the leafs came back last year they had the scarfs (which now are becoming an opening night hockey tradition in canada), free hot dogs and beer. Leafs fans will always return, and pay whatever MLSE charges. Without the corporate seats and boxes MLSE must be more in touch with TFC subscribers. As mentioned above, many of us SSH's lost our account rep midway through this year. There is NO contact from the club, promotions seem to be limited to select groups of SSH's, with no logic in the process in which they're chosen. You'd think they'd want to use the final home game as a way to build some positive momentum towards renewal period.

Yagbod
10-23-2013, 04:37 PM
I wonder if the writer of the OP submitted a picture for that year end montage they have planned? That might explain why some got called and not others.

Roca
10-23-2013, 04:47 PM
I wonder if the folks who attend the photo session will have their pics on next year's tickets? With the revolving door for players, it's less risky to put the fans on the tickets! :rolleyes:

WestStandGeoff
10-23-2013, 04:59 PM
I wonder if the writer of the OP submitted a picture for that year end montage they have planned? That might explain why some got called and not others.

Nope. Just got a random surprise call from my ticket rep yesterday afternoon.

Nice to see some get the luxury .. I have had 2 seats since start but I guess I am not worthy

Lol... not quite sure what to say. I've had 4 seats since day 1 and I find this a nice surprise, not some expectation. and FWIW, from the way my rep was talking, it sounds like some other contest winners bailed at the last minute, and I was caught in a second round, and since my wife is on mat-leave until this Friday, I took up the offer since she can attend. Had this been next week, I probably would have passed and who knows, maybe you would have been next to get their name drawn?

Luanda
10-23-2013, 06:56 PM
Surely then this must be the surprise promised by the big guy upon his return from Europe!!
I certainly know of no other.

[QUOTE=WestStandGeoff;1617203]Nope. Just got a random surprise call from my ticket rep yesterday afternoon.

cmonyoureds
10-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Make sure you read the fine print about this photo being used as a marketing tool to demonstrate the incredible fan support FILLING the stadium this year. :drinking:

CommradePolski
10-24-2013, 12:59 PM
I wonder if the folks who attend the photo session will have their pics on next year's tickets? With the revolving door for players, it's less risky to put the fans on the tickets! :rolleyes:

I submitted a picture for that. It was a picture of my empty seats.

SuperTCP
10-24-2013, 02:51 PM
I believe this is one of the prizes offered when renewing your season seats.

WestStandGeoff
10-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Just a quick update to what went down yesterday... this is second had based on what my wife had to say, so I may have missed some minor details.

Seems like they had a team photo scheduled, so they decided to invite some supporters down to share the experience - sounds like there were maybe 6 people in total, most of whom brought their kids down with them. My wife ran into Eckersley and Braun on the way in, who were arriving together (roommates?), then went upstairs where it was front/ticket office staff. After some brief socializing, they saw the team go outside and line up for the annual photo; supporters went out afterward to pose for a second shot - the wife managed to sit down next to Caldwell, and was hoping to chat with him afterwards, but with the cold temperatures yesterday everyone was pretty quick to try and get back inside as soon as the picture was done (Rey apparently being the fastest). That was pretty much the limits of interactions with the players, other than seeing some of them in the physio room later on during a facilities tour (DK apparently seemed a bit uncomfortable with the crowd while he was getting treatment).

Lunch was served afterward, and my wife got into a somewhat lengthy conversation with Tim L... although she didn't realize until late in the conversation who she was speaking with. Seems he has a son 1 month older than our little guy, so that was the basis of most of their conversation. A few more people came out of the woodwork when lunch was served (Danny D and Rongen amongst them), but all was over by about 11:30.