PDA

View Full Version : Wall of Honour?

YYZ_Fan
10-14-2013, 07:58 PM
Given Leiweke's thoughts regarding the old photos at ACC, has he weighed in on the Wall of Honour at BMO? What are the chances that the Wall of Honour is still up for 2014?

Ivy
10-14-2013, 08:22 PM
Not gonna go anywhere..
comparing 700 year old pre-historic black and white photos to 2 recent names of people who are still with the club is apples and grape juice.

BuSaPuNk
10-14-2013, 09:06 PM
TL has already retracted at the pictures at ACC and said he made a mistake saying he's going to take them down.

glaze
10-14-2013, 09:21 PM
I can see TL's point about the Leaf photos. I think Leaf fans overreacted. It isn't like he said take down the banners and banish Johnny Bower from the ACC.
But as an interesting parallel, what happens if the Argos move into BMO? Their wall of honour has a lot more names that TFC, what banners and photos go up in the concourses, etc?

Ivy
10-14-2013, 10:43 PM
I can see TL's point about the Leaf photos. I think Leaf fans overreacted. It isn't like he said take down the banners and banish Johnny Bower from the ACC.
But as an interesting parallel, what happens if the Argos move into BMO? Their wall of honour has a lot more names that TFC, what banners and photos go up in the concourses, etc?
no. Best I can give them is replacing the soccer nets with field goal posts in the urinals.

MartinUtd
10-15-2013, 09:22 AM
We need the wall of honour. How else are we supposed to remember which players the club offered jobs to after they retired?

inheavensince07
10-15-2013, 11:05 AM
We need the wall of honour. How else are we supposed to remember which players the club offered jobs to after they retired?

lol lol .. sooo true
I sort of think the wall of honor is a joke .. no disrespect to canadian championships but TFC has done nothing ever really since 07 /.. If you want a wall of honor fine but jesus could we have some class to it .. Not just some stickers up against the back wall .. like wtf i could have done a better job with stuff from homesense craft section

tfcleeds
10-15-2013, 11:34 AM
I can see TL's point about the Leaf photos. I think Leaf fans overreacted. It isn't like he said take down the banners and banish Johnny Bower from the ACC. But as an interesting parallel, what happens if the Argos move into BMO? Their wall of honour has a lot more names that TFC, what banners and photos go up in the concourses, etc?Also agree that the reaction to TL's statement by the media/Leafs fans was way over the top. I totally understand what TL was getting at, even if perhaps it wasn't the best way to state it, or the proper time to do so. Wall of honour is really a joke. No one really deserves to be on it yet, and one of the few people that perhaps does is already commemorated in song every 24th minute.

Oblio2
10-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Our wall of Honour should include Andy Welsh. legend

Derko
10-15-2013, 11:42 AM

You beat me to it, best winger we had!!

__wowza
10-15-2013, 02:15 PM

http://images.supersport.com/FuadIbrahim_goal_20131201AI300.jpg

CommradePolski
10-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Lets not forget the best DP we ever had.

<-------------

Mista for those that dont recognize the derp face.

Haddy
10-16-2013, 07:01 AM
lol lol .. sooo true
I sort of think the wall of honor is a joke .. no disrespect to canadian championships but TFC has done nothing ever really since 07 /.. If you want a wall of honor fine but jesus could we have some class to it .. Not just some stickers up against the back wall .. like wtf i could have done a better job with stuff from homesense craft section

I like the idea of the wall...but we need to raise the bar in terms of quality of membership. Only true club legends, not answers to trivia questions.

inheavensince07
10-16-2013, 07:22 AM
I like the idea of the wall...but we need to raise the bar in terms of quality of membership. Only true club legends, not answers to trivia questions.
couldn't agree more really .. Not sure we even have one . I guess DD but I would say Dero as well .. thats it

QBall
10-16-2013, 04:30 PM
No TFC Wall of Honour could be complete without our greatest asset. The one we've traded for time and time again: Mr. Allocation Money.

__wowza
10-16-2013, 11:16 PM
Lets not forget the best DP we ever had.

<-------------

Mista for those that dont recognize the derp face.

i think i saw him score once!

CommradePolski
10-17-2013, 07:49 AM
i think i saw him score once!

It was against Cruz Azul in CCL!

SoccMan2
10-20-2013, 10:40 AM
You know what is more approriate for this club and would have more legitimate inductees to a wall would be a wall of shame . Let me start by naming it's first inductee, it would be the person responsible for hiring Mo Johnston.

razor787
10-20-2013, 11:20 AM
You know what is more approriate for this club and would have more legitimate inductees to a wall would be a wall of shame . Let me start by naming it's first inductee, it would be the person responsible for hiring Mo Johnston.

Don Garber?

Chevy
10-20-2013, 11:21 AM

That would guarantee the expansion of BMO. We would need the space!

Shway
07-27-2015, 05:11 PM
Is Dero up there?
Never heard or saw any mention about this...

Cashcleaner
07-27-2015, 05:30 PM
^ Nope. I think after a few years it will be, though.

Ajax TFC
07-27-2015, 06:41 PM
Seems to me like his testimonial match would have been a good time for it.