PDA

View Full Version : Games in July & Aug. should be played at night

vince93
07-20-2008, 09:58 AM
I think a factor in the shitty quality of yesterdays play was the heat and humidity. It is tough enough to play 90 min. of high intensity football in perfect conditions and in that shit yesterday it would have been a killer. The plastic pitch doesn’t help because it traps the heat and makes the players feel like they are playing on a hot road. The bounces yesterday of the pitch were the worst I have ever seen! Therefore I think it’s a no brainier to play all games in July and August at night. All the European leagues play in the winter to avoid the heat.

Flipityflu
07-20-2008, 10:12 AM
its wasn't hot during match time as far as i'm concerned. the problems with the pitch yesterday was caused by the heavy rainfall before the game. evertime it rains its the same...

ManUtd4ever
07-20-2008, 10:24 AM
I think a factor in the shitty quality of yesterdays play was the heat and humidity. It is tough enough to play 90 min. of high intensity football in perfect conditions and in that shit yesterday it would have been a killer. The plastic pitch doesn’t help because it traps the heat and makes the players feel like they are playing on a hot road. The bounces yesterday of the pitch were the worst I have ever seen! Therefore I think it’s a no brainier to play all games in July and August at night. All the European leagues play in the winter to avoid the heat.

I agree. I've been to night games at BMO and not only is the weather more tolerable, but the atmosphere is even better than usual...

Yohan
07-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Man up.

Football gets played in all weather and conditions...

Bobo
07-20-2008, 11:00 AM
I found it to be pretty comfortable at the game actually.

Nerepis
07-20-2008, 11:21 AM
I think the sad fact is that night games won't be played on the CBC national network. Ratings rears it's ugly head.